myself

interstices between us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

❝an impassionate spirit truly paints the gray world with colour.❞



                                                       unedited.

                                                      newly finished. 

 

***

 

iii.

 

”What are you two doing?” Taehyung gapes, completely wide-eyed at the unusual scene that’s unfolding right in front of him. Seungwan and Jennie have splatters of vivid paint dancing all across their faces, and simplistic white tee shirts— which he believes that was not a clever idea at all. 

It’s a messy array of colours covering almost every inch of their articles of clothing. He can almost feel his nose curling up in distaste, but he resists the unwanted, programmed urge.

”Painting?” Jennie shortly answers, cocking her head to the side as if almost questioning him. There’s a flicker of unease in her brown gaze before she turns away from him. 

“I can see that, but why?” he fumbles for the right words. This was not what Taehyung was expecting to see today; he was told that this was a simple gathering and that Seungwan required his help for some volunteer work. If Taehyung has known it would have involved a disaster waiting to happen, he would have ran for it without a second thought.

”We’re supposed to paint this mural for the community centre.” There’s a brush of bright gold dusting the tip of Seungwan’s cheeks, highlighting her sunny smile.

It’s been a while since his group has hung out together, paired with graduation preparations, university applications, and extra activities— it’s been a hectic time of the year. Even his own student council has been busy with planning events (the biggest emphasis on the word prom).

Taehyung can almost feel his nose wrinkling at the mere prospect of it. He hides it well. (people would find him despicable otherwise—he’s learned from the best)

It’s been a while since he’s chatted with Seungwan, Seulgi, and yeah Jennie too he supposes. Not that he exactly misses them, but the school days have been a tad mediocre without them filling up conversations during lunch time. Yoongi’s almost always at basketball practice. He’s been lingering in hallways trying to find a spark.

However, he’ll never tell anyone otherwise. Desperate souls dying for a strand of his soul are not worth any form of amusement.

“Do I help with the painting?” He arches a raised brow.

“Oh my god. Lighten up,” Jennie sighs, drawing out a long breath rather dramatically. “You’re going to scare everyone with that menacing look in your eyes. Children are going to be passing by.”

“It’s called amusement,” he retorts back. Taehyung can feel the tips of his mouth threatening to quirk up into a ghost of a smile, but he doesn’t want to egg the latter on so he resists it.

“Lies. When you’re amused you have this gleam in the middle of your irises. You’re irritated, but you’re trying to pass it off as nonchalant,” she declares rather confidently, before shooting him a victorious smile. There’s a flicker in her eyes though as if challenges are the fuels to her soul. Taehyung almost gets irritated, he’s a human being not a puzzle.

“You’ve been observing me a lot?” He should be mad. Hell, Taehyung shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter