imperfections

interstices between us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

❝ bless are they who see beautiful things in humble places were other people see nothing. ❞



 

***

 

i.

 

Taehyung was a well-known perfectionist on how he carries himself around the school. There was not a single soul who did not know who he was or seemed to be. Presumably everyone loved him, but then again, who couldn't? 

He had the ideal face with his prominent jawline and dark eyes paired with a stunning grin. Plus, Taehyung liked to believe he could easily socialize with anyone in a hundred meter radius of him. It was a package that no one could ever turn down. Although, the only flaw that anyone could point out would be his high mountain of pride he constantly held. (he's usually keen on hiding it.)

Needless to say, he relished the attention that was passed upon him on a daily basis. It painted his world in a flurry of bright shades of colours that mostly resembled content and satisfaction. The universe was safely spinning around it's correct orbit until it happened. 

The small event that would lead into a flourish of tornadoes and hurricanes. The butterfly effect.

"Hey," his friend, Yoongi leaned over to the latter's desk and whispered quietly while prodding him with the tip of his mechanical pencil, "doesn't she look nice? She looks like your type."

"Who?" Taehyung's eyes scanned the room with disinterest. It wasn't uncommon for Yoongi to be constantly pestering him with girls he thought looked nice. The fact that Taehyung was single didn't quite help with the issue either. 

"Her." Yoongi jammed his thumb in the direction of the petite female sitting across the room from them, near the window. The backside view was alright, if he had to admit, but the moment she turned her head and gazed back at the teacher lecturing about the concepts of trigonometry, his interest deflated as quick as it had come.

"Her looks are average," he commented with a nonchalant shrug for the quick glance he had achieved, "plus she's a new student, what if she's a whiny one?"

"Taehyung, your standards are never going to be achievable," Yoongi deadpanned, a small sigh exiting his mouth.

"Jisoo and Nayeon are beautiful. She isn't," he replied while chuckling of amusement, "better luck next time." 

Taehyung didn't mean it as an offence, but rather it was a statement that was quite honest. The other two were radiant with their saccharine smiles and bright colours resembling sunshine yellow or a bursting orange. The girl near the window was just simply a mellow blue. Nothing special nor terrible. Imperfect and average.

(little did he know how beautiful imperfection truly was.)

 

 

 

***

 

 

He sees her again. 

Taehyung has learnt her name, apparently it was Jennie Kim and she had studied abroad until only recently when she transferred back to Seoul. It doesn't really matter to him since he hasn't once said a single word to her, even though he is listed as a social butterfly. Perhaps this is his way to prove Yoongi the truth of his words. 

Pride was a terrifying thing to mess with.

"Taehyung?" Seulgi nudges hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter