Our Story.

K-pop Oneshot Songfic Collection

Title : Our Story

Characters : Junhyung x Hyunseung (Junseung)

(This isn't a songfic!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the first page of our story, the future seemed so bright. Everything was so real. So effortless. They were made from the purest love that had ever existed. As pure as a blank piece of white paper. But as time passed, things changed. The previously clean piece of paper had drops of ink splattered across, staining the paper with unremovable black droplets, tainting it. Our love, our story was no longer pure. It was tainted with lies, the ultimate destructor of a perfect love. A perfect love like ours.

Things weren't as simple as it was before. No more weekly dates. No more gentle, loving kisses. No more murmuring of innocent, sweet nothing to each other in the dark. We started fighting over every little thing. You didn't have time for me anymore. Slowly, the paper became covered with more and more splatters of ink. Then this thing turned out so evil. This story of ours. You started hitting me. I put up with it, thinking that you would leave me if i resisted.

One day, the pen which was writing our story had broken down, unable to continue writing. You had found someone else. I was broken. Shattered. I couldn't think straight, and before I knew it, I confronted you, not considering the consequences. You admitted it. You told me that you didn't love me anymore. That there was no use clinging onto you, because I wasn't needed. Not anymore.

It felt like I was being slapped in the face. Slapped by reality. You don't need me. You never did.I was the one who needed you. Without you, I couldn't function. And that's exactly what happened. You left. I couldn't do anything properly. The book which contained our story was left neglected on a shelf, dust collecting on it. You seem so far away now.

I looked through the book the other day. Long forgotten memories of the past surfaced. Memories of the past, when we were happy. When you loved me. Because that's all I have left. Memories. The only thing that couldn't abandon me, even if it tried. The only thing that couldn't break me like you did.

It's been a month. I was slowly dying on the inside, while you were living well. It's not fair. It seems meaningless writing in the book anymore. Our story was over. There was nothing else to write about. I'm the writier who has lost his purpose. You were my purpose. And I had lost you. How was I supposed to end this story properly, wtih a proper ending? A thought comes to mind. I know a way to end this. To end this story without bothering you. To end this story without having to hurt anymore.

I clutched the book to my chest as I went out of my apartment and shuffled up the stairs. I stepped onto the roof, a cool blast of wind hit me. I clutched the book tighter. The only evidence I have left of us. I slowly made my way to the ledge, each step more painful than the last.

Memories of our happy moments, fights, of our love flashed throught my mind with each step I took. A particular memory came to mind. The night you took me stargazing on this very roof, because you loved stars. And you complained that the stars were not dazzling enough. It may not have been the most successful stargazing trip in history, but that was the happiest night of my life. Because that night, I truly felt loved. I felt that we were going to stay like that, happy and together forever. But apparently that wasn't what was in store for us.

I crawled up the ledge, looking up at the sky in wonder. Junnie, the stars tonight are so beautiful, I breathed, tears glazing my eyes. I squeezed them shut, trying to expel all the memories flooding into my mind, making my head throb. I opened my eyes, tears clouding my vision. A crystal tear slid noiselessly down my cheeks, crashing once it reached the book pressed against my chest. This will be the last time I would cry for you. Hurt for you. Or think of you. Because I know what to do. I know how to end this story.