A Project (Part 1)

My Cold Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If anything, Winwin was more interested to know about how exactly Taeyong could stop Yuta than worrying about the fact that he was partnered with Yuta in the first place. It was just a project, after all - they could even just keep contact over email or text and not have to meet more than five minutes in person - which Winwin would be perfectly fine about.

But he still needed to return his jacket, and Winwin almost wanted to be with him. As much as he disliked those kind of people, and as much as Yuta was so similar to that person, Winwin more of less found him intriguing.

How strange.

But he still needed to be in his guard. He knew from experience how easily people could change, and he also knew how painfully naïve he could be, when his feelings were concerned. He's learned now, and determined not to make the same mistake again, no matter the cost.

Unlocking his front door, he dropped his bag on the weathered couch and wandered over to the fridge. The lights were off and the house was silent - but his sister usually had some strange jobs and random meetings popping up, so it wasn't really anything unusual. Locking the door, Winwin spotted a bright pink post-it on the fridge door.

Sicheng,
I have another meeting but it's going to clash with one of my jobs so I'll be moving it later on, I'll be back in the morning (I'll be crashing at my friend's house) give me a call if anything goes wrong, make sure nobody hurts my baby brother! <3 
Ps. I made fried rice, just heat it in the microwave! 
But remember - put it in for TWO MINUTES, NOT TWENTY. I DON'T WANT YOU BURNING THE HOUSE DOWN AGAIN.

 

Winwin glances up and saw a foil wrapped plate sitting on the kitchen counter. He smiled, pocketed the note, and grabbed his bag and ran upstairs.

His bedroom was just as messy as it had been the previous night. (He didn't clean it after all.) Books were scattered everywhere, random song lyrics and essay drafts and textbooks were scattered over his bed, a sports bag was half hanging off the window sill, and a black jacket - Yuta's jacket - draped over the back of his desk chair.

"I guess I just clean, now ..." He said quietly to himself, reaching down and picking up a discarded shirt.

Forty minutes later, when his room was looking much more organized, his phone pinged.

Winwin read off the lockscreen, then blinked.

It was a text from Taeyong hyung.

With an attached phone number.

Swiping his fingers over his phone screen, Winwin read over the text a few times.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter