Chapter 1

Don't, stay.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t stay.” He pointed a finger at her when they ran across each other at the hallway.

“That, I’ll be the one to decide.” She smiled as they separated and she waved both her hands at him.

Mingyu is a senior and Yunseo is a junior. They never shared the same class and everyone wonders why this girl is very hooked to this guy when there is no memory of them being together. Her answer is quite simple. 

“Isn’t he cool?”, asking Yerin as she clings to her arm.

“What? Him not appreciating all your efforts? How cool.”

“You’re funny. Doesn’t matter.” She flashed that bright smile of hers again despite her friend’s blank expression.

“I’m begging you for the umpteenth time as your friend, please don’t stay after classes and wait for that heartless punk. Okay?”

“I don’t think I would even consider the idea.” She made a face to tease Yerin as she ran back to their classroom. One more hour and all this academic suffering will end. Yunseo still has a positive energy up to this hour and anyone that comes up and talks to her receives the vibe. Well, except for him. He never actually accepted this bright aura. 

“3, 2, bell.“ She stared at her wristwatch and counted the remaining seconds before dismissal. At the exact moment where she ended, the bell rang as well. She ran upstairs after taking her things like she always does.

This, obviously, is not the first time she will wait for him. Every single day after her sched, she walks up the next floor to his room and waits for him until his classes end so that he can go with her home.

Anyone can tell that she basically courts him and of course aside from the embarrassment this causes him, his hurt pride is an additional.

One hour. One hour of killing time outside his room again. This can be such a waste especially for someone who has many things to do but even if there are school projects undone, she procrastinates just to have even a minute with him.

Another bell rang; signal that the wait is over. The doors opened and the seniors started to accumulate on the hallway. She can feel judging stares thrown to her but less did she care. She’s there for Mingyu and not for those narrow minded people. With them blocking her sight, finding him is still an easy task. His exceptional height gives her the ability to.

“Hey,” She looks so happy to finally meet him like they didn’t see each other the whole day when in fact every free time there is, they were together. Well, she makes sure they will be.

“I told you not to stay. Okay, like you ever listened.” 

Mingyu is a man with an image because aside from his looks, he’s good at studying and he’s unexpectedly talented. There are many eyes around the campus that watch his every move but rather than being burdened and pressured, he’s always relaxed and carefree. People’s opinions don’t matter at all and by people, it includes Yunseo. He doesn’t care about what she does and what she wants but if it bothers and affects him, it definitely does, he wouldn’t keep still. But, Yunseo on the other hand is always determined and persistent that he always ends up surrendering to her willpower.

They were almost at the bus stop when Yunseo tugged him to a convenience store.

“What do you want to eat?” He hated the bright smile that is being forced to him again and because he’s so annoyed to even answer, he gave her the coldest look she could even imagine. He hoped that this can make her change her mind even the slightest but just as usual, he failed. “I know you’re hungry too because I am.”

“So you think everyone has the same appetite as you?”

“Hey, are you mocking me?”

“I’m stating mere facts, little girl.”

“Whatever, just sit here. I’ll be the one to choose.” She tiptoed to reach his shoulders and pressed him down to the chair behind him. 

Come to think of it, this is a good opportunity for him to leave the store and go straight home. The bus stop is visible from where he is seated and just with few steps of his long limbs he could easily escape this suffocating situation. He knows the way well but even with all these thoughts in his head, he just can’t bring himself to leave her there. 

He stared at her as she picked foods in great amounts. She’s lively and happy, she always is but whenever food is present, she becomes even happier than he thought she could be.

“Ugh how annoying.” He hates her smile. And he tells her he does. He feeds her with destructive wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter