Chapter 2:

I Am My Father's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Following a late introduction and simple agreement details Luhan and Yejin had a deal. He would give her a room to stay in until he could arrange a meeting with Xiumin. The information that she knew about 3.6.5. – though she only shared the bare bones with Luhan to gain his support – was deep and clearly impressed the brothel tycoon. As Yejin left his office with a different Special Boy than the one she arrived with she could have sworn there was a gleam of respect that shown in Luhan's eyes, but then that could have been Yejin's pride running wild with her imagination.

The guy leading her down the hall now was very different from Yugyeom. He wasn't quite as tall with thicker arms and legs and slicked back blond hair. Luhan had called him Jackson which Yejin found interesting as they reached the metal doors and cross section of halls. Jackson took the middle right one without saying anything. After a few more turns he stopped at a door and pulled a key-card out of his back pocket.

“This will be your room while you're staying here,” Jackson said softly.

Holding the door open he handed the key-card to Yejin who inched into the room.

“Thank you Jackson,” she said.

“My pleasure cutie,” he winked at her.

Rolling her eyes Yejin took the door from him and leaned against it. “You should keep those lines for paying customers. I don't need to pay to be reminded how pretty I am,” she said with a smirk.

Jackson's gaze widened slightly at her response before his expression smoothed out and he grinned back at her with an attractive smile.

“I've never been turned down by a VIP before, you sure you want to stay here all alone? I'm great company,” he offered.

“Goodnight Jackson,” Yejin waved at him.

“So brutal,” Jackson said dramatically. Laying one hand over his heart as he fluttered his lashes at her.

Shaking her head with a laugh Yejin shut the door on him. Turning she made her way further into the room that looked like it was from a four star hotel. Large fluffy bed, giant TV, expensive furniture, adjoining bathroom. Yejin tossed the key-card onto the small end table next to the white armchair where she dropped her bag. Kicking off her shoes along the way to the bed she flopped face first into the soft pillows and blankets.

Yejin laid there for a while before she reached behind her into the waistband of her pants. Pulling out the colt she tossed the gun across the bed so it was no longer touching her. She hated the thing, but it was important to her and she wasn't going to part with it. It was beautiful with the vine like carvings along the barrel to the revolving chamber where four of the six slots were filled. The handle's grip was accented with mother of pearl that had been branded with the head of a trident, on each of the prongs were the number 3-6-5.

Rolling away from the gun Yejin pulled a pillow to her chest and tried to fall asleep, but rest was nearly impossible. She may have been under Luhan's protection and had a deal with him, but she wasn't going to be safe until she had a signed contract with Xiumin. Her heart still raced as she thought about how furious Suho was going to be when he found her gone. Suho was not the forgiving sort and stepping foot back on 3.6.5. territory would basically be signing her own death warrant. Yejin tried to shake off those thoughts, but it was fruitless.

At some point Yejin must have dozed off because she jerked awake to a pounding on her door. Rubbing her eyes she clambered out of bed to get the door only to stop and bound back for the gun and return it to its place against her lower back. The knocking stopped as she had pulled her shirt down over the gun and the door was thrown open. In stomped an angry Luhan followed by five armed guards that looked ready for a fight.

“What is it?” Yejin inquired still dazed by sleep.

“Grab your . We're leaving,” he nearly hissed.

“Wha–,” she began to ask but the look Luhan shot her stopped her words in .

“Eight of my girls didn't return this morning and two were found dead in the alley out back. I also received a very direct message from Neptune,” he stated dryly.

Yejin's mouth pressed into a line as she held Luhan's seething gaze. Swallowing her nerves she found the strength to ask, “What did the note say?”

“Give her back,” Luhan answered.

Her hands dragged down her face as she groaned to hide the fear bubbling in her core. As her hands left her face she began whirling about the room shuffling into her shoes and grabbing her bag. She could feel Luhan's gaze following her as she moved and the doubt he was shooting her way.

“I'm sorry about the girl's, but I can't do anything about them right now. And if you hand me back to Suho then you'll never see them again,” she said as she came to a stop in front of him.

“I figured as much. We're going to Xiumin right now. I had to pull the friend card to get this meeting, so you better make it good little girl,” Luhan warned.

“I prefer darling over little girl,” Yejin retorted.

Luhan scoffed with a smirk as he turned away from her to leave the room. “Then we're off darling,” he said.

Under her breath as she followed the man pass his armed security detail Yejin muttered, “Finally.”

Luhan's men guided them to a hidden stairwell that lead them into the building across the street where they were quickly shuffled out a set of double doors that took them outside. Idling just outside the doors was an armored SUV with tinted windows that they were loaded into with three of the guards. One claimed shotgun, the two others sat in the middle row while Luhan and Yejin were forced into the far back next to one another.

The ride was mostly quiet as they weaved through the city. Yejin tried to stare out her window but the quickly passing buildings and traffic signs made her exhausted mind dizzy, so she closed her eyes staving off the nausea while fighting the discomfort the colt caused her back. She shifted restlessly trying to get comfortable for the long ride ahead of them, but it just wasn't possible with where the gun sat.

“If it's that annoying just move the gun,” Luhan suddenly said as they sat at a red traffic light.

Yejin's eyes snapped open and turned to the casual acting man next to her. He looked amused by her response.

“You thought it was a secret? Aw cute, darling. My bouncer noticed it when you walked away last night and rung to warn me,” he smirked playfully.

“I don't plan on using it on you,” Yejin stated flatly.

Tilting his head against the seat's headrest, causing his well styled hair to scrunch across hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter