3/3

Drunken Phone Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Half an hour had passed, and Tiffany still found herself inside the bar she loathed the most and a crying man on her side while clinging to her like a koala.

Must have been hard. She thought. This is why I don't do love, you know. It will only cause you nothing but pain!

She held the firm arms that are tightly wrapped around her waist. She felt the man raised his head. She looked at his face.

Oh, oh, oh wow.

"S-Sorry..." Tiffany shyly said. "I-It's already too tight!"

The man just sadly nodded at her. Tiffany frowned when the man came back to its position a while ago. She took a seat beside him and patted the guy on his shoulder.

"Let's get this done, okay?" She said. The man did not respond. She didn't mind. "Your sister is coming to get you. So I assume... Am I good to go now? Because I still have a tv show to catch?" She gave him a raw smile and slightly waved her hands.

She stood up. Oh, he's letting me go that easily? She thought then shook her head. , what? Are you disappointed?

She started to walk cautiously. However, when she's already near the glass door of the said bar, a woman suddenly rushed to get inside.

The woman, standing at five foot and four inches tall, looked at her as if she knew who she was. Tiffany pointed a finger at herself and raised a brow.

Me? Why is she looking at me like that?

"Are you by chance, the woman who had called me?" Hyoyeon asked. Tiffany nervously nodded. "Oh, goodness! Thank you so much, miss. If it wasn't for you, he's going to have a sleepover again in this bar,"

Again? This handsome looking guy usually does this? Tiffany questioned herself. Hmmm... he must've been really hurt, isn't he?

"A-Ah, no problem!" Tiffany said. Hyoyeon gave her a smile.

"Are you going?" Hyoyeon pointed the door. Tiffany slowly nodded. "A-Ah is that so..."

"Why?" Tiffany asked with curiosity in her eyes. Hyoyeon looked at her shyly.

"I'm going to ask you a favor..." Hyoyeon said. She motioned her fingers at Taeyeon's pitiful figure. "To... you know... help me...?"

"Ah, yes! Yes!" Tiffany exclaimed and walked again towards the pitiful man. "Of course,"

Hyoyeon hurriedly held on to Taeyeon's arms and draped them over her shoulders. Tiffany did the same on his other arm and heavily sighed.

I had known that he is really heavy. She thought. Starting from when I looked at his huge muscles, veins almost protruding, I had already assumed that he is heavy. And boy he is.

They struggled to drag Taeyeon out of the bar. When they are finally out of the bar's premises, Hyoyeon started to call for a taxi. Luckily, she managed to get one in one try. Tiffany helped her to put Taeyeon in the backseat. When they've finally finished, Hyoyeon shyly looked at Tiffany.

"Thank you so much again, Tiffany," Hyoyeon said. "sorry for being a burden. Don't worry, when this guy right here," Hyoyeon pointed on his brother. "finally wakes up, I'll make sure he apologizes to you, okay?" Hyoyeon patted Tiffany's shoulder. Tiffany gave her a raw smile.

Don't bother. Tiffany thought.

"We'll get going! Have a safe trip home!" Hyoyeon said before closing the door of the car and dashing off. Tiffany looked at the car until it already becomes blurry.

She sighed again. What a day. You seriously stop being a hero, s--

She suddenly glanced at her wristwatch.

It's... eight thirty... already... She thought. My favorite show...

She walked with angry steps towards her apartment unit. She cannot believe she missed an episode tonight.

Because of that ing drunk call! those who drink!

*

"Oh..." Jessica murmured. "Oh... wow..."

"What?" Tiffany rolled her eyes. Jessica looks at her with amazement.

"Wait, I can't handle this!" Jessica exclaimed. She threw her hands in the air. "I never thought you were such a good... samaritan."

"Me neither," Tiffany mumbled and shrugged. She then faced her computer and started typing for the paper works that have been given to her.

Three hours had passed, and Tiffany's position remained the same. Straight back, eyes in front of the screen, sometimes sipping on her iced coffee. Jessica stood up and tapped her shoulders. Tiffany glanced at her and raised a brow.

"Hey!" Jessica said. "Don't overwork yourself!"

"I don't!" Tiffany rolled her eyes. "It's just that boss gave me a lot of paperwork to work on,"

"I'm the team leader anyway," Jessica said. "Don't worry about that! I'll talk to Yuri about it,"

Tiffany narrowed her eyes and flashed a teasing smirk. Jessica raised a brow at her and continuously blinked.

"W-What?" Jessica nervously asked.

"There's something going on between you two... huh?" Tiffany stood up and poked Jessica on her side. Jessica yelped in surprise and playfully slapped Tiffany's shoulder.

"What the hell are you saying?" Jessica retorted. Tiffany just nodded and smiled at her. Jessica rolled her eyes. "Come on, I'm hungry! Let's have lunch!"

Jessica dragged her out of their office. She chose a restaurant just across their building and ordered food. Tiffany, on the other hand, just stared at nothingness.

Will he call...? Tiffany unconsciously asked herself. She immediately frowned and hit her head. You stupid... why are you even thinking of that drunkard!?

"Hey, hey!" Jessica immediately approached her with their ordered food. Tiffany innocently looked at her. "What are you doing to yourself, huh? Have you gone crazy?"

"Maybe..." Tiffany mumbled. Jessica handed her the plate of steak. Tiffany smiled in delight. "I don't have to pay for this, won't I? It's your treat?"

"Yeah, whatever," Jessica just nodded. Tiffany clapped her hands. Who wouldn't be delighted if someone treated you food, anyway?

After a while, Tiffany's phone rang. The familiar annoying ringtone she had for years after owning the phone disturbed the serene atmosphere of the Steakhouse. She was startled and jumped from her seat. Annoyed, she picked up the phone and was ready to rant and combust to whoever that person was.

"Hello!?" She said. Jessica raised a brow at her while chewing her steak. She heard a sigh from the other line. The familiar tone caught her ear and made her heart beat like a madman. Although the only difference between that voice was it was now calm, warm, and sober. Very different from what she had encountered last night.

"I'm sorry," The man apologized. Her eyes widened. How the can a single alcohol drastically change one's voice? Or is it just me? Jessica, on the other hand, frowned at her reaction and mumbled, 'who's that?' She held up her hand, causing Jessica to continue her slow-paced eating.

"W-What are you saying sorry for, s-sir?" She awkwardly ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter