1/3

Drunken Phone Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From the start of the year 2016 onwards, Taeyeon realized that life is difficult. And most especially, the year 2016 is definitely not for him.

That is why he found himself standing at Crown Bar, again. Almost every night.

He sighed. What a lonely life he has.

He didn't hesitate to enter the familiar glass door of the bar. Almost every employees already know who he is (except for the new ones). Who wouldn't anyway? This bar had become his second home since last year.

He occupied the seat he usually fills. The bartender, Jongin, greeted him with a smug grin.

"Up for a long night again?" Jongin said. Taeyeon nodded at him. "Guess it's never tiring to burn your liver, huh?"

"I've gone numb," Taeyeon said as-a-matter-of-factly he pointed at the Tequila that's placed on the display rack. Jongin glanced at it and nodded as he mumbled, 'new choice, huh?' "I've lost the half of my life last year."

"You know what," Jongin prepared his drink. "Being emo doesn't help nor it cures. Moving on does," He poured a decent amount on a shot glass and handed it over to the heartbroken guy. "And what I mean by that is not this."

"What do you mean not this?" Taeyeon grimaced as he downed his shot.

"Like this," Jongin pointed at his refilled shot glass of Tequila. "drinking every night. It doesn't help, man. It just makes you forget for a short time, but not for a long time."

Taeyeon just stared at him. Who the is this guy to judge me? He wanted to say something but chose not to. He gets his point, and somehow, even though he doesn't want to admit it (well it hurts like a ing truck) Jongin is somehow right. He's just making himself sick instead of living a peaceful life, in which he wants and doesn't want.

"Have a good night, bro," Jongin tapped him on his shoulder. Taeyeon just nodded. "It's just a piece of advice," Jongin left him with his signature smug grin plastered on his face. "Here's your tequila,"

He sighed and continued to refill his shot glass again. Drinking is making him sick. It's already making him sick. But he can't stop either way. He doesn't know how to.

What if I call her for a decent closure? He almost slapped himself at his thought. What if I just call her for this to end already? I guess I just miss her that's why I can't forget her.

Right. Maybe the latter sounds better and less embarrassing.

But, his pride and ego are at stake.

No, Kim Taeyeon. You are NOT ing doing it. He mentally cursed at himself (blame his mother for his stubbornness. It's in the genes) for being so pathetic.

But it wouldn't hurt, right? A single call wouldn't hurt, right? His other self-said. He swore he is on the verge of punching himself. He's pitiful. He doesn't want to be pitiful, yet he himself is pitying himself (you get what I mean).

He ruffled his hair and downs another shot. He grabbed his phone out from his pocket and searched for her number.

He frowned.

Where the is it?

He kept on searching the name on his contacts again and again, yet his phone says: 'No Results Found'.

Oh.

Oh.

Oh.

He now remembers why. He nearly smacked himself for being stupid and an idiot.

He deleted it.

Right after they broke up.

Well, I think I can still remember

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter