Chapter II

Dénouement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First of all... Thank you for your existence, reader :'D
And I'm really sorry for the very lateee update. I'm kinda busy right now and sometime my mind got blank.
 

 

".... W-when?" Jungkook blurts out after inhales heavily whilst hoping his chest will stop smother its own self. He feels numb.

"Um- we don't have the exact date yet, but we'll soon to tell you guys!" The smile still appears on Jhope's face, so bright as usual. 

Yugyeom can't get the situation yet, but he is indeed shocked and can't believe the information he hears. His eyes dart on Jungkook and Taehyung alternately.

Aware of the tense atmosphere between them that Namjoon clears his throat awkwardly. He then smiles at Yugyeom, trying to change the subject, "So, Yugyeom, um- All of us should hang out sometimes. We have one more friend but he isn't here. That hyung only knows sleep in his life."

"Oh? Um- yeah..." He nods, smiling. "It sounds great. And who is that friend?"

"Suga hyung." Namjoon chuckles.

It's still awkward actually. No words can give any impact to Taehyung and Jungkook. 

"Uhh- Hobi hyung," Taehyung's sudden voice gains attention from the rest. "..let's- let's go back now. My mom... she told me to buy um- something." 

He is trying to sound natural but everyone can notice the insist tone along with it. JHope looks at him with a look that full of understanding.

"Uhh? Okay.. Well, guys... We'll go now. Let's go Tae."

 

 

 

 

After the door closed, silence takes control of their atmosphere. 

"Let him go," It's Namjoon who speaks. "I know it hurts but you know... sooner or later, whatever you're doing, they're going to get- um... married. So..."

"I'm going to have rest," Jungkook says as he gets up and heading to his room with all distracted mind he has. His heart is pounding harshly; whether he is afraid or mad, no one knows. He felt numb, and weak as if everything is collapsed. Is there anything he can do? He asks himself, thinking over and over again but, fails. Does Taehyung love Jhope so much that he's going to marry him? That thought crushes him badly.

"Yugyeom-ssi, did Jungkook always tell you about Taehyung?" Jimin asks after Jungkook slams the door, leaving four figures in silence.

"Yeah... It made me sure as if I knew Taehyung very well. What he likes, his personality, and all. I can mention them, the things about Taehyung one by one right now in one breath."

They sigh as the fact that coming out of Yugyeom's mouth once again hit their realization of how much and how bad Jungkook loves him. As best friends, it hurts them too.

"He... became really different whenever he talked about Taehyung. He's deep in love, you know..."

Jimin groans, flipping his hair in a much distress then leaned his back onto the couch.

Jin hasn't been saying anything. He is only sitting whilst both of his arms bent on his thighs, eyes staring at his intertwined hands. He has been thinking about something before speaks them up, "Taehyung..." He trails off as their attention shots on him, "I think he," Jin narrows his eyes before looking at them, "Don't you think he likes Jungkook?"

"Well actually..." He adds as he stretches his hands upwards, sitting straight. "He ever told me that he liked Jungkook, how he missed him so much, his worries towards him ..."

"Then why..."

"I-" Jin is out of words, his brows furrow, "I myself don't have any idea about this." He sighs.

"And we're better not telling Jungkook. It will worsen his situation." He warns in a much serious tone along with his voice.

Yugyeom understands the part when the person which named JHope earlier announced the marriage, he also understands when Jungkook is mad, and now he knows that Taehyung likes or maybe liked Jungkook, his memory also hard to forget when Jungkook said he was going to confess, but... "Since when has this thing become so complicated?" He suddenly asks.

"You better ask Jungkook." Namjoon says before he sighs then grabs Jin's hand to stand up. "Let's go."  

They end up leaving Yugyeom alone in the room. He sighs then stood up, making his way in front of Jungkook's room. He then knocks. 

"Jeon?"

"..."

"They're gone. It's just me."

He hears footsteps coming towards him before the door is opened. Jungkook walks passing Yugyeom then throws himself onto the couch, turning on the TV.

"You can have a rest in that room," He says as he points out a door, "Make yourself at home."

Yugyeom sighs. He then sits beside Jungkook.

"Mind to tell me?"

Jungkook didn't say anything for a second, "You just heard everything. It was so clear."

 

 

 

 

"What did your mom tell you to buy?"

JHope utters all of a sudden. The atmosphere has been so dry. Not just because of the AC but also the strange silence that had been accompanying them since they got in the car. Taehyung turns his head lamely to JHope, "Huh? Um-" He his lips, "Detergent."

"Ahh... What else? That's it?"

Taehyung nods whilst humming.

"It's just a detergent. Why were you in a rush? It was nice talking to them."

"Um... I- I was worried if I don't buy it right away, I would be forgetting it. So... Yeah."

JHope nodded with O-shape mouth. He cracked a thin smile. And a shade of strange aura suddenly flashed on his face. It was a meaningful smile that could possibly own more than one explanation. "You lie, don't you?"

Taehyung freezes in a second, heart start to beat harshly. He's blank, doesn't know what to say. Did he just lie? Why did he lie? A realization painfully stabs his mind. Why did he lie? Why was he so panic in the first place when they were at Jungkook's apartment back then? His brows furrow, he is so confused about himself. 

What's wrong with me? 

"I..." He trails off. Actually, he completely doesn't know what to say. He starts speaking only so JHope won't be more suspicious. But suspicious about what? 

"You...?"

Taehyung gulps, "I..."

JHope doesn't say anything. He doesn't put so much hope on Taehyung's words and also doesn't expect for an answer. 

And there was a moment of silence. They buy the detergent then heading to drop Taehyung off. The situation somehow becomes so awkward. 

Their relationship has been going so well thus far. In a solitude situation when Jungkook was abroad, JHope was the one who always accompanied Taehyung, giving laughter, and being a figure to lend on at times when he couldn't call Jungkook. 

Taehyung has been feeling so comfortable around JHope since the elder possesses that positive energy that always cheers Taehyung up. 

JHope was the one who had filled Taehyung's days with many bright colors. And not Jungkook. Jungkook wasn't there.

However, there are these things; that pair of warm hazel that JHope has been looking at every time they meet... The touches, and kisses; All of those are uncertain, holding a strange feeling, but anyway he brushed them off to the point where his brain starting to believe in lies.

But it's getting clearer as of late... Since when exactly? 

"Jungkook... I think he likes you."

Those words swim out of the elder's mouth in a much smoother than it's supposed to be, painfully rustled inside Taehyung's ears, strangling onto his chest. 

Is that okay if he's blushing? He adores those words by the heart. 

"What do you think? Do you have that feeling for him?"

Jungkook was his lovely home.

But now he's getting far from it that his inmost heart has been so empty and desperate, crying out unspoken words from a hidden place inside his mind, its home had been taken away for years, yet now he still couldn't back home. But would he?

It is pain that the elder is feeling, he finally releases the question that had been bugging him all the time.  

"Do you, Tae?"

That question shouldn't be brought up, Taehyung thought. He just wants to have a normal life, normal dating, normal youth. He hates it when he's stuck in that kind of moment where he doesn't know what to say. If he has to answer, he needs to choose to lie or tell the truth. Choosing is upsetting. He hates it. It needs a consideration of how the interlocutors may be feeling, how he should sort out the words he is going to say, and all. 

"I don't know..." He trails off before exhaled heavily, "Never think about it." He smiles at JHope. 

How smooth he is.

'I don't know' often saves people, doesn't it?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Days have passed without any of them talking properly to each other. Not even a glance Jungkook bothers to land on Taehyung that it makes the elder himself feels somehow hurt. Jungkook's mind is overwhelmed by disappointment and pain, he just can't think straight or even trying to. He just wants to set a distance and space between him and Taehyung as much as the pain he has been feeling. He knows it won't fix anything, it won't even touch up his wound, but anyway, he willfully keeping his demeanor like that, hardly turning his mind into stone. And we could tell that night as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter