four

This Kind of Relationship

His friend would stare at him.

“What do you mean Ji?”

“I’m just asking. She seems… nice?” Jiyong found himself fighting against over his words. She was more than just that word, he knew.

“Oh yeah she does. But… too bad. I never think of that.” Youngbae put his hand under his chin and looked at Jiyong. “Ok my turn. Why are you bothering?”

“I’m just curious.” Youngbae knew Jiyong was going to avoid that.

“Well… now it’s me who’s more curious.” Youngbae mumble to himself loud enough in order for Jiyong to hear.

 

Jiyong: Hey, it’s almost 7. Are you done with everything? What time will you be here?

Jieun: I’m almost done. I’ll be there at 7:30 when you start. Are you done with rehearsals?

Jiyong: Yea. Kind of.

Jiyong: Jieun ah, I can do it right? I feel nervous right now.

Jieun: Oppa It’s alright. Don’t worry, you’ve done this before. You can do it oppa.

Jiyong: Alright. See you later Jieun.

Jieun: Kwon Jiyong fighting!!!

 

Jiyong grinned over his texting conversation with Jieun. She always knew how to make he feel better, even just for a while. He still felt a little bit nervous. It was his solo after all, not with all the members. And this concert was huge and he could feel his heart beating rapidly. Jiyong was ready anyway.

 

Jieun still could not decide whether she should wear the dress in the first place or just a casual outfit and then she could change it out later. She was nervous too. It would be their first stage together, actually no, their first “Palette” stage together. She then smiled at the last time when he would apologize everytime she mentioned her album “Palette”.

 

“Jieun ah. Oppa sorry for not making it to your promotion.” He would make an apologetic expression through his phone.

“No oppa. I know you are busy. I can do it myself.”

“Are you going to have someone rap instead?” Jiyong felt unhappy when he thought about another guy doing raps of his lyrics. Also, the scene in which Jieun and some random guy would stand together somehow triggered his mind.

“I’m thinking of that too.” He unconsciously felt upset and he even questioned himself for that feeling. “But I think I will just do it myself.”

“Say what? You do what? Rap?” There was a light happiness in his heart. Who ever knew because he could never know what was wrong with him.

“Yea. I can rap too. I might have to change it into an easier lyrics.” Jieun rolled her eyes as thinking if it was rude to the original composer of the lyrics. “Can’t I oppa? Are you ok with that?”

“Of course Jieun. My lyrics are too hard for you to rap.” Then he would laugh intensely as Jieun was shocked. He had no problems with her changing his lyrics, as long as she did it alone.

“Ya this oppa. I can rap your part too. I have practiced.” Jieun pouted and tried to memorize his original lyrics. She was so ready to rap in front of him.

“Ok try.”

Then, Jieun would rap along with his lyrics and eventually made some cute mistakes. Both of them would be cracking up and Jiyong would laugh at her annoyingly. There were always so many laughters filling up their conversations and Jiyong soon realized how much he needed her to be in his life. He had been through an exhaustion when it came to his personal life. Everyone must be envious with everything he got, yet nobody really knew that his heart was so empty and lonely. Somehow, Jieun came and filled up his heart. Sometimes, Jiyong just wanted to fall in love again.

 

Jieun arrived at the concert with the dress, eventually. She was so nervous until she figured out there were some of her fans at the parking garage waiting for her. She briefly waved at them, felt so glad and quickly moved into the stadium. It was a huge stadium anyway. Then she would take a quick look at the audience.

“Oh my god. What a huge.”

She nervously mumbled as soon as she saw the stadium. It was totally different from the previous day when she had her rehearsal in here. It was the same place, but not the same atmosphere. It was indeed the biggest stage that she would ever stand on.

When Jiyong was getting changed for his next song ‘That XX’, Jieun would stand in the waiting room to say hello. They would act differently when they were alone. It was not their intentions either; instead, it was just their consciousness when it came to the sense of them not being alone.

“Hello sunbaenim.”

“Hello Jieun-sshi. Did you just arrive?”

“Yea. I arrived thirty minutes ago.”

“Are you ready?” He winked at her.

“Yea… After ‘Black’ right?” She was taken back a little bit.

“Ok. See you later.”

“Fighting sunbaenim.”

He stood there and looked at her.

“Thank you Jieun-sshi.” He smiled and quickly moved.

 

Jiyong was happy. And he wondered what made him that happy, having her guesting at his concert, or just simply having her being here by his side.

 

Their Palette stage was a hit. No, it was more than a hit. The audience went crazy over them. Jiyong also knew he was a flirty in front of the audience. He just tried to amuse the audience anyway. Jieun was too shy in front of many people, he would notice that. But, he was so overwhelmed of how cute she was facing the biggest crowd that he would by asking her to give a speech. She would take a glare at him and begin to proceed in her mind what she should say. She, of course, had had so many concerts before. But it was her first time standing in such a huge stadium, and also with him. She would sometimes look at him and widen her eyes asking him what to say because she had no ideas what to say in front of the audience. Jiyong himself was enjoying at much how she was struggling with the crowd. When she asked if the audience was enjoying the concert, Jiyong bursted into laugh.

“She probably did not know anything to say.” He would think and started to twist around the stage. “I should help her a little bit.”

 

“I’m supposed to be hosting since it’s my concert… but I’m really shy to do this kind of thing. Is Jieun-sshi good at this?” He then realized he had been calling her real name in the entire conversation.

“Me? But I have never hosted anyone’s concert before.” Jieun would try to make it into a real conversation.

“Just don’t think this as my concert.”

“So you mean it is my concert?” Jieun joked back and found herself laughing to her own joke. “Is this a mission…?”

"Everyone... What should I do?" Jieun was staring at him and all he could do was making a naughty face. “Try.” He meant.

“Is there anysong you guys want me to sing?” She came up with this line and felt proud of herself. “I can sing all of it.”

Jiyong was surprised. He was so surprised at how this girl could change this circumstance into a way of introducing their next stage. They never planed on how to introduce their next stage and there she was.

“You liked doing this right?” He lightly smiled. “Then everyone, is there anything everyone want to hear tonight? Since you are here, can we request you one more song?” And the crowd would scream crazily.

“Yes of course. I can sing one more song.” She then realized at how wordy her line was.

“Do you have any song you want to sing?” He turned to Jieun, it was acting anyway.

“I can sing anything. I know all of the BIGBANG’s songs.” Jieun would act back.

“Ok. Let’s play a random song.”

“Any song? Ok let’s play it.”

“Let’s go.”

 

At the end of “MISSING U”, he did not plan to do such things like that. And she went with it, doing that kind of thing alongside with him. They were always like that. They were indeed connected to some level that somehow, it was hard to determine what kind of relationship they were in right now. Yeah, this kind of relationship.