4: Blackened

Crimson Bond: Hunted

The assassin opens her eyes slowly, gritting her teeth against the intense throbbing she felt in her head. She looked around to a dark room, nothing really visible to her still adjusting vision. Her eyes fall shut and she furrows her brow, fighting against the pain in her skull as she tries to remember what had happened leading up to this point. As she tries to lift a hand to assist her head, she comes to the stark realization that her hands were bound to the chair. Panic sends alarms screaming in her brain, forcing it to awaken quicker as she fights against the restraints. Memory of the fight floods her vision, and the terrifying visage of Seolhyun with her hand clamped around has her tug on the restraints becoming every more driven. She whimpers against the pain, but tries to see past it in order to hopefully escape.

A door suddenly slams open, causing the assassin to jerk in fear and the lights that suddenly illuminate the room blind the now hostage assailant. She squints her eyes shut and waits for her pupils to dialate against the light shining on her eyelids. When she reopens her eyes she's looking up into the curious face of Hyoyeon, who crouches down to look at her more directly.

"Seulgi... I'll be honest, I expected a lot of my assailants, but you?"

"What? Hyoyeon?" Seulgi stops her movements momentarily, looking at her with an utterly confused expression on her face. "What's going on. Why am I tied up?" She struggles against her bonds some more. Hyoyeon curious expression becomes confused and she straightens out.

"What do you remember about last night?" Hyoyeon crosses her arms over her chest, staring down at her with a tilted head.

"Last night? N-nothing...." Her brow furrows deeply. "That last thing I remember...was a photoshoot with the members. Yeri left early for something...but after that...nothing."  Seulgi look back up to Hyoyeon with pleading eyes. "Now you wanna help a friend out and untie me?" Hyoyeon contemplates her options, then eventually nods.

"Yeah...yeah. Just let me see if I can find something to cut those ropes with." She says, offering the cat eyed girl a safe smile before stepping out of the room.

"Come back quickly! Please!" Seulgi calls after her, the panic settling in her gut slowly again, along with a feeling that something was off. Hyoyeon made her way back into the living room, where Seolhyun was sitting with expectant eyes.

"You know her." The young vampire states, a small smirk on her face with a tilted head. Hyoyeon simply nods in affirmation, seeming focused on her thoughts. 

"She's a member of Red Velvet. Kang Seulgi." Hyoyeon confirms, and Seolhyun's eyes go wide for a moment before her smirk takes a tone of amusement.

"A girl group member? I wasn't expecting that. Why would she come after you? Did you kill her best friend or something?" Seolhyun bursts into laughter, a shake of her head identifying how ludicrous she thought the situation was. It was Hyoyeons stark silence that brought the young vampire out of her fit of uncontainable laughter. "You should be laughing too, Hyo. That's how a joke's supposed to work... unless-"

"Not her best friend, but members of her group would probably be angry for letting Victoria get so close to them." Her expression grows darker. "She wouldn't be the only one." Hyoyeon shakes her head and looks back up to Seolhyun with a dark stare. "We need to figure out what happened, and why Seulgi doesn't remember anything." She sounds stern, but is met with a simple shrug from Seolhyun.

"You have a lot to do, sure. But I-" 

"Will help if you don't want me to relinquish you to the hunters myself." Hyoyeon growls, causing Seolhyun to grow tense. The younger vampire gives a soft nod before clearing her thoat. "Now, I'm going to go and explain the situation to Seulgi, I want you to keep and ear out for trouble." With that, Hyoyeon turns and heads back down the hallway, with Seolhyun shuddering as a phantom shiver trails down her spine.

---

February 2010

The vampire now known as Kim Hyoyeon did not have much difficulty slipping into the dynamic of Girls Generation. She blended in well and took to the personality of her namesake quite easily. Only two things presented a problem to her. One was this Hyoyeons insistance on being a good wife and a successful mother. Not only was procreating an impossibility for her, she had never in her life found men attractive. Back when she was human such a notion would've had her beaten until she couldn't think, but times were different now. Being in love with a girl wasn't as damning of a crime, though she certainly still kept the fact as well hidden as she could. Risking the career she'd worked so tirelessly to build was not worth it.

This of course brought her to her second problem, Jessica Jung Sooyeon. The woman was etherially beautiful, Hyoyeon is positive that no one had ever matched her levels of perfection. The cold expression and quite demeanor did little for Hyoyeon's levels of infatuation. It was a well guarded secret she thought, one she had to maintain, despite the overwhelming desire to claim the woman as her own. No instead she just took little excuses to be closer with her, and any attempts to get away with subtle flirting were taken. No one really paid any mind to it, no one except the attentive eyes of the Ice Queen herself.

It was a quiet day in the girls generation dorm. A few of the members had freshly moved out, while others were just out having fun or working. This left Hyoyeon and Jessica alone in the dorm. They had kept to themselves mostly, Hyoyeon watching the choreographies for the new songs they were preparing to release and Jessica wrapped up in a good book, which soon turned into a good nap.

In the midst of her slumber she's jostled by a cold hand, normally such soft pushes wouldn't wake her, but this felt odd, and in the back of her mind alarms started going off. Her eyes snapped open and her arm jerks away from the touch. Relief instantly washes over her when she notices it's only Hyoyeon, a gentle smile on her face. In the back of her mind she wonders why her hand is so ice cold. She remembers Hyoyeons touch being warm, but her conscious thought quickly dismisses the idea, assuming that she just left the air con on, something that isn't out of character for Hyoyeon, especially these days. 

"Hey...uh...I was gonna order Pizza. Wanted to know if you wanted any." The dancer asks with a short chuckle, rubbing the back of her head sheepisly. It takes Jessica a moment register that Hyoyeon even spoke, her tone of voice was so soft, almost fragile.

"Uhmm...sure? Yeah, pizza sounds good." She nods her head a couple times, closing her eyes and rubbing her forehead. She feels the shift in the bed, indicating someone sitting. Her eyes crack back open and watch as Hyoyeon stares at her with a concerned gaze. 

"You ok, Sica? You've seemed out of it all week." Hyoyeon questions with a slight cant of her head. Jessica furrowed her brow, her expression turning downcast as she stares at her bedspread. Was she ok? The life of an idol is stressful, everyone knows this, but Jessica had been taking to it particularly hard this past month. First there was all of Hyoyeons sudden changes, both in appearance and in attitude. She knew that the criticism had gotten to the dancer more then she was ever willing to admit, but she could never have expected all of the sudden changes, and if you didn't know any better you wouldn't believe it was even her upon a first glance. Then there was the confidence, it was no secret that Hyoyeon breathed confidence when she was performing, but now it was almost otherworldly. It spoke like someone who'd been dancing for centuries not decades.

The strangest thing about her friend though was how close she was trying to get with her. Before they were practically sisters, both having joined SM and started training at the same time. Now it seemed as if Hyoyeon wanted to take it further, and honestly she isn't sure she doesn't feel the same. Something about the blonde haired dancer sends butterflies floating through her stomach, and it terrifies her. Being gay and being an idol don't mesh. They would be ostrisized, outcasted from the world of Korean Entertainment. Their careers would be ruined, and Jessica couldn't bear the thought. They'd worked so hard to get to where they were, love was nor worth jepordizing it.

"I....I'm ok." She nods softly, glancing over at Hyoyeon and offering the dancer a soft smile. "Don't worry about me, Hyo. I'll be alright." Hyoyeon nods some, appearing to look understanding, if not content. The two exchange a brief stare, the emotions in each others eyes enough to convey what words could not. Hyoyeons expression becomes more relieved after the exchange and eventually a teasing smile comes over her face. 

"Alright. Now I hope you like pineapple, because that's what I'm ordering." Darting out of the room with a laugh and an angered singer giving chase.

 

[a/n: Uhhh...hi... Short filler chapter so I can introduce more new characters and make my plot more...plot like. Yes that made sense. Anywho, be prepared as I have more bloody good (hopefully) content headed your way! 

-The Informed Puppy]

 

[P.S. Please wait for all the Mitzu fluff n stuff. It's coming I promise]

 

 

 

[P.P.S. If you see a rated M tag pop up on my fic please fear not. It's your authornim wanting more breathing room and not wanting to accidentally trigger anyone with vampires and stuff]