2: The Past Will Always Come Back To....

Crimson Bond: Hunted

Seolhyun had spent the majority of her time being lazy, and while it had worked for the first few days, it slowly started to shift into a perpetual state of boredom that was slowly driving the young vampire insane. Hyoyeon was always busy with other things as well which added solitude to her boredom, so she did what any person would naturally do and start exploring. She didn't know why she hadn't done it earlier, but better late than never she figured. She wanders through a hallway and opens a door to find a small room. It was rather plain with white walls, a twin bed set in the corner with a brown dresser continuing off the foot of the bed. On the opposite end of the room was a single window letting in a slight amount of sunlight, along with a visible dent in the plaster on the wall adjacent to the window. As Seolhyun takes a deep breath she would catch a distinct smell of Wintermint, along with a trace scent of Chocolate and Strawberry, barely noticable to even her enhanced olfactory sense.

It didn't take much deductive reasoning for her to figure out who's room this was, even if the scent of Tzuyu's blood wasn't engrained into every molecule of the space. She takes a step inside moves over to the dent in the plaster, curiosity plaguing her. She crouches down next to it, and runs her fingers along the cracked surface, trying to find some clue of how it came to be. 

"That was a self inflicted wound." A voice cuts in suddenly, causing Seolhyun to visibly jump. She stands up and turns around quickly, fangs fully extended and silver eyes glaring in the direction of the door, ready for a fight. She relaxes slightly when she finds Hyoyeon leaning casually against the doorframe. She straightens out and walks into the room, eyes trained onto the broken plaster that had captured Seolhyuns attention. "At least I assume, I heard the crash one night when Tzuyu went to visit Mina...after she found out. She didn't want to hurt or scare her, so she didn't feed." She explains to the younger vampire. "She went to visit Mina, and the sound of her hitting the plaster followed soon after. I had run up to see what was wrong, but...well Mina seemed to have the situation in hand." Hyoyeon finishes ambiguously.

Seolhyun shifts her gaze between Hyoyeon and the wall. She couldn't understand why she wouldn't feed for the sake of a human, but she's disconnected so quickly from her human life that anything to appease what she once was was lost on her. Her confusion plasters itself on her face, and Hyoyeon chuckles at the sight. Seolhyun directs her attention back to Hyoyeon and a low growl rumbles in her chest.

"What so funny?" She spits, fangs elongating again as a demonstration of her irritation. Hyoyeon gives a simple shrug in return.

"You. You make yourself out to be this evil creature, even now you're trying to intimidate me." Hyoyeon lets out a long sigh. "One thing you need to learn, you can intimidate a human, you can intimidate a younger." In that moment Hyoyeon grabs Seolhyun by the throat and pins her against the wall, leaving another dent in the plaster of Tzuyu's wall. "You can't intimidate an Elder." She finishes with a growl, silver eyes glaring at Seolhyun as if she were a useless piece of paper. Seolhyun swallows hard, staring back at Hyoyeon and inadvetantly cowering at her small, but powerful presence.

"Sorry, but this Jessica girl has you cowering. You canceled your schedules for the rest of the week." She fires back with a growl. Hyoyeon narrows her eyes and lets out a sigh.

"Jessica is another thing entirely...she's a hunter." Hyoyeon mutters.

"But she's still human, why has she got you so scared." Seolhyun attacks yet again, a snarl erupting from Hyoyeon in response.

"Because hunters have been training for years to kill us. Jessica has been doing this for a long, long time. I'm simply a....high value target for her." Hyoyeon hisses back. "Humanity may be weak, but hunter's know how to turn the weakness into strength. If you ever encounter one, never make the mistake of underestimating them, but you probably know that. Else you wouldn't have ran here in the first place." Hyoyeon shoots daggers at Seolhyun. Seolhyun shrinks once again, then furrows her brow as a question comes to mind.

"You said you were a high value target? What brought such wrath down on your head?" Seolhyun inquires. Hyoyeon furrows her brow, letting out a dismissive hum in response as opposed to an actual answer.

December, 2009

A girl, famous for her dancing skills, was walking down the cold street in the winter night of Seoul. She wanted to clear her head, running a hand through her dark brown locks as she maintains a brisk pace. Kim Hyoyeon had been a member of Girls Generation for about three years now, and she couldn't be happier. Sure, there were things that could be better. Her stylist could give her a better wardrobe to pick from, the groups concept could be a little more powerful as to suit her as well as the others, but she didn't mind. She made do, and the steadfast support of her members kept her in good spirits. 

She added a little pep to her step, wanting to feel the crisp chill of the evening brush past her face. Soon enough though the slight breeze that danced across her skin turned to sharp stinging winds as she a arm grip around her waist tightly and drag her someplace else. She closes her eyes tightly, trying to fight against the grip she found herself trapped in. It hadn't even felt like a minute later when she was tossed to the ground, the rough dirt she was now under scrapping at her arms and drawing blood to the surface. 

She looks up to find herself in a forest, the dense wood making the surrounding area dark and unwelcoming. She pushes herself to her feet and turns herself around, only to be met with a pair of silver eyes staring intently at her. She fails to supress a scream and stumbles back to the ground, clawing away from the pair of irises that creep closer to her.

"Don't be scared." A quiet voice whispers in her ear. "Just tell me all about you, spare nothing." The voice demands softly. Before she even realizes what she's doing, she finds herself telling this thing her entire life story. No details were spared and by the end of it Hyoyeon found she had no voice left to speak with, to scream with. The silver eyes watch her with interest, never once moving away from her as she recounted her entire existance. She grew increasingly unsettled by it, her voice trembling and her eye's showing more and more terror with each passing second. Eventually the eyes rose up to tower over her. As Hyoyeon's eyes adjust to the little amount of light, she becomes painfully aware of the fact that this creature with silver eyes has a height and body shape very similair to her. Her face is almost frozen in horror when the facial features display themselves, and appear to be near identical to hers. 

"Thank you, Kim Hyoyeon. I think I have all I need now." The voice chimes sweetly. "Thank you for setting me up, I promise I will do your name justice." She says before snarling, revealing her elongated canines to Hyoyeon. A hoarse scream escapes as the monster pounces on her, the scream becoming garbled as her windpipe collapses and the vampire drains her of everything in her veins. 

Hyoyeon frowns deeply, causing Seolhyun to raise a brow. "There are many reasons for Jessica to hate me. Perhaps one day you'll know them." She looks over at Seolhyun with a now stern expression. "Just know that Jessica is not one to back down when she sets her sights on a target, and judging by how quickly you ran here, I'd say that you're just as much a target as I am. So worry less about my place on the list and worry more about yours." Hyoyeon quickly finishes and steps out of the room. Leaving Seolhyun staring at the dented plaster once again.

---

Mina, Momo and Tzuyu has decided to visit a nightclub for their feeding this time. Melding in with the crowd as they danced with the music and had their fill of the various patrons. The vibrating bass and stench of alcohol might be posion to their senses, but they didn't care. The bloodlust overrode any sense of standards they had, and besides, clubs were great places for people to forget how they ended up with weird marks on their bodies.

Little was the trio aware of the short, yet thin body watching them from the bar as she nursed a drink in one hand. The other hand toyed with a long silver knife, hidden up her sleeve. She took another sip from her drink as she twirled the blade in her hand. Another girl, blonde in hair moves up next to her and leans casually against the bar.

"It's a wonder they haven't noticed you yet." The blonde quips offhandedly. The girl with the knife lets a coy smirk spread across her face. 

"They'll notice when I want them to notice, and by then they'll be wishing I hadn't."

---

[A/N: Thank you to those who've been patiently waiting. I know have a terrible updating regiment. Schools just become more of a pain then first anticipated. I will try to have the next chapter out soon!   -The Informed Puppy]