3: The Present Still Hurts

Crimson Bond: Hunted

Mina snarled as she dug her fangs into the neck of her most recent target. She didn't expect herself to become so addicted to the feeling of drawing blood from a living victim, but the rush it gave her to know that the persons life was totally and completely in her hands made her feel so alive. The particular target she'd chosen's blood tasted like barbeque, making Mina wish she could just drain every last drop from him. She remembered herself though, and the importance of not drawing attention, so reluctantly she pulled away and forced the middle aged, balding and beer bellied man to look her in the eye.

"Forget what happened here. If anyone asks about the wound on your neck..." She pauses as she tried to think up a lie. "You wandered into an alley on your way home, tripped and fell." She nods, satisfied with her fibbing. She lets go of him as he stumbles about in a slight daze. Without a second thought to him, she turns and makes her way back onto the street and into the awaiting arms of Tzuyu. The older vampire wrapped her arms around Mina and petted her hair tenderly. 

"Done?" She asks with a small smirk. Mina nods, looking up to smile at her lover gracefully. It was that smile that drove Tzuyu crazy, and made her sometimes wonder if this was all real. In her four hundred years of existence, she had never pictured herself feeling as she did now. Loved, cared for, knowing that the woman in her arms felt safe there. It sends a warm feeling flowing through her body and continues to ignite feelings in Tzuyu she had previously considered long gone. She leans down to kiss Mina's lips tenderly, savoring how soft her lips felt against hers. 

Mina felt as if she was on cloud nine when her lips connected with Tzuyu's, reveling in the scent of wintermint that surrounded her. Something felt wrong though. She couldn't shake this feeling of being watched. As if on queue, when looked past Tzuyu she saw a small shadow turn and disappear into the crowd. Normally such a sight wouldn't have bothered the newborn, but now it felt as if something was off. She pulled away from Tzuyu some to stare more intently down the street. Tzuyu didn't miss it and follows her gaze. For a moment she's confused about what Mina might be looking at, but then she feels it. Someone shifting in the crowd moving around them. She turns her gaze a little and feels someone brush by her, and the distinct feeling of that person's hand entering her pocket sends alarms ringing in Tzuyu's mind. 

The pickpocket was given no time to react, Tzuyu grips onto her wrist and drags her back into the alleyway slamming her against the brick. She growls, her eyes shifting to their steely silver color and glaring at the thief. The elder vampire tears the hood, hat, and facemask the assailant was wearing, revealing long iridescent purple hair falling down around a feminine face. Her bigs eyes look up at Tzuyus in pure terror as the angered bloodsucker brought her hand up to clamp onto . 

"Speak, thief!" Tzuyu spits out, snarling with a Mina hadn't seen in a long while. She could see the girls legs quivering and she looks back out towards the street to make sure they weren't drawing any attention. "Why did you think you could try and steal from me!" Tzuyu inquisits harshly, the girl holds up her hands in surrender, tears threatening her face.

"I-I-I...I'm sorry...t-t-they said they'd..." She swallows as her voice gets caught in . Tzuyu narrows her eyes some, the soft glow of the silver still seeping from the slits that were her eyes.

"Who is they?" Tzuyu asks lowly, the rumble in her chest and the baring of her two long incisors sending the girls trapped against the wall into a panic. 

"H-hunters! They...they call themselves hunters!" She squealed out, and collapsed onto her hands and knees when Tzuyu releases her. As she struggles to catch her breath Tzuyu stares at the wall with wide eyes, her jaw hung open slightly. Mina was confused, but went to the now coughing pickpockets side, rubbing her back tenderly. 

"Why would they want you to pickpocket us? What purpose would that serve?" Mina asks, and the purple haired girl looks up at her with earnest eyes. 

"D-distraction..." She whispers and Mina's eyes widen slightly. In a flash she's being dragged behind Tzuyu, who is running quickly back to the hotel, the purple haired girl slung over her shoulder. She rushes them up the stairs of the hotel and locks the both of them in their suite. The pickpocket quickly shoved herself into a corner as Tzuyu stared at the door intently, occasionally switching to watching the window. Mina watches Tzuyu in a state of confusion. She quickly manages to regain some sense of her surroundings though, and turns to the cowering girl. She approaches her slowly, crouching some distance from her and offering her a small smile.

"What's your name?" She asks. The girl looks up at her, still quivering. She looks around the room before letting out a small sigh.

"J-j-jisoo...." She whispers. Mina tilts her head, smiling faltering slightly.

"I'm Mina." The young vampire responds. 

"I know." Jisoo confesses in a still muted manner. The fact that Jisoo knew her name caught Mina off guard slightly, and she could practically feel Tzuyu tense. Jisoo's eyes widen and she shakes her head quickly, holding her hands out in front of her. "No, no, no! Imean, I was...I was a fan of Unbreakable...you know...before everything." Both of the vampires in the room relax visibly. Mina risks scooting a little closer to her, to which Jisoo tenses some, but doesn't shrink away.

"Jisoo doesn't sound American." Mina concludes, to which Jisoo nods in response.

"I'm from Seoul...or-org-g-ginally." She stutters out quietly. Mina nods ad looks back at Tzuyu, who now has a phone pressed to her ear. Mina listens for a few moments and discerns she's speaking with Jihyo, probably asking her to go and get the others. She turns her attention back to Jisoo, holding her hand out towards her.

"Come on." Mina offers with a smile. "We're not going to hurt you, and I have some more questions for you." Jisoo hesitates for a brief moment, but eventually she takes the young vampires hand. Mina's smile widens and she leads the both of them into another room, letting her sit and grabbing her a bottle of water. Jisoo picks up the bottle and starts to fiddle with it idly. By the time Mina has set herself across from her, the purple haired girl was trying to balance it on her shoulder. Mina chuckles softly and it then when the pickpocket became apparant that there was someone else still in the room. She quickly sets the water bottle down, the smallest of smiles gracing her features.

"So Jisoo..." Mina starts, leaning forward some and resting her elbows on her legs. "The people who set you up to this...who were they?" Jisoo shifts in her seat some, worried about telling the vampire this particular amount of information. Eventually though, through staring into Mina's warm and kind eyes she folds.

"They are my friends....a-at least I thought they were...anyways... But then one of them met this girl...Jessica...I think her name was...and-" Jisoo is abruptly cut off by Tzuyu appearing behind Mina suddenly. The purple haired girl curls up once again under the intense stare of the older vampire.

"Say that name again." Tzuyu demands, her voice holding more than a shred of worry. 

"J-j-j-j-jess---Jessica..." She stutters out quickly. She cowers further as a growl rips from deep within Tzuyu's chest and she promptly exits the room once again. Mina makes her way over to Jisoo's side and rubs her arm comfortingly. The purple haired girl tried to relax, and Mina was helping, if only slightly. She can't shake the feeling that she's just commited a terrible crime against her friends though, despite not having said much in the first place.

---

"Tzuyu...Tzu-.........CHOU TZUYU" Hyoyeon practically shouts into the reciever. "Yes I am aware that Jessica is sniffing around again, I knew it was a very real possibility that she'd be back sooner rather than later." She pauses as Tzuyu continues to shout into the reciever. Seolhyun makes her way into the living room, only to come into the view of Hyoyeon pacing back and forth in front of her couch. The expression of the blonde haired vampire was one of withering patience, and Seolhyun can't help but silently applaud her for keeping her cool up until this point, able to hear the ranting Tzuyu on the other end of the line.

"No, I wasn't aware she'd started hiring lackeys, if I was I would have let you know." Another pause from Hyoyeon, who notices Seolhyun and gives a small roll of her eyes in reference to the vampire she was speaking to. Seolhyun gives the smallest of smiles and settles herself on the couch to watch. "I don't know why they would come after you....No I'm not just saying that, you should know this!" 

A knock on the door calls both Seolhyun and Hyoyeons attention, and as the latter was preoccupied, the former darts over to the door. She goes to check the peephole to see who's on the other end, but frowns when she finds no one is there. As she opens the door to peep her head out she quickly pulls her head back in time for a crossbow bolt to fly by. Hyoyeon notices this and frowns deeply.

"I'll call you back, Tzuyu...it seems I have some unexpected guests..." She ends the call quickly and sets her phone aside as she marches into the hallway. She evades as a woman with masked in black, baggy clothing and a facemask lunges at her, long knife in hand. Hyoyeon's now silver eyes follow this woman and a snarl erupts from . She darts towards her and quickly has to duck as another body attacks her, this one seeming more lithe, recovers from the lunge at the same time at the first assailant. They are both about to pounce on the small blonde when Seolhyun throws herself into the fight, pinning one of them to the wall and quickly clamping her hand around . 

Hyoyeon lunges at the first assailant, to which the black clothed attacker dodges with lightning fast reflexes. Hyoyeon, not expecting such a quick reaction turns as the pair now focus on Seolhyun. Hyoyeon is about to move in to assist, but Seolhyun proves she is no push over, shrugging off the incoming attacker as if they were nothing and tossing the now limp body she was holding back into the apartment. She releases an animalistic roar towards the assassin still in the hallway and they quickly retreat, realizing they are outmatched. 

Seolhyun moves back into the apartment and focuses on the body occupying the living room, smirking when she hears a heartbeat. She looks back to find Hyoyeon shutting the door and locking it behind her. "It's alive." The younger informs the blonde vampire. Hyoyeon lets an evil grin take over her features. 

"Perfect..."

[a/n: I'm baaaaack -The Informed Puppy]