Chapter 2

Vixen
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Eunbi, can you please get the plates and bowls?" Yerin was practically waltzing around the kitchen, and SinB was sure if her habitat is the internet, Yerin's in the kitchen. 

Her smooth bare feet almost seemed to glide on the wooden floor, her every movement was precise and calculated, working so diligently and efficiently, the blonde was like an experienced housewife.

SinB trotted back to the table where all the dirtied utensils and platter were. She heaved the stacks of dirty dishes, losing her breath already. the gym equipment in the basement collecting dust had probably something to do with it. 

For all the things she could do in the confine of her home, she had to help her brother's devil of a girlfriend with the dishes. SinB thought her luck couldn't get any worse than terrible gacha pulls.

The peeved younger girl maneuvered through the counter and released the weight in the sink. The blonde was tidying up the cabinet, her back facing towards SinB.

In one fluid motion, Yerin turned around and twisted the knob on the sink. SinB was slightly taken aback by Yerin's amazing display of footwork.

"Is this all of it?" Asked Yerin, SinB guessed Yerin didn't really expect a reply from her as she started to rinse the oil and leftovers from the plates.

SinB rolled up the sleeves of her hoody to her elbow and grabbed the cloth used for drying. She silently reached for the plate Yerin offered and started her share of the work. She wasn't as efficient as Yerin, but she managed to keep up with the latter's pace.

Three plates later and Yerin broke the silence SinB had been trying to withhold, "So, Eunbi, do you have any hobbies or interests?"

SinB contemplated the question.

She was already uncomfortable as it is by just standing within a one-meter radius from the smiling girl. 

"Programming." Her response was curt, enough to make the conversation end awkwardly.

But Yerin was a whole new breed of extroverts, for the answer didn't deter her from continuing with relentless cheer and grace.

"You must be good with computers. Well, I'm not very good with electronics if you ask me," She ended the sentence with the most cutest giggle SinB had ever heard but the gamer just nodded stiffly.

"Ah, I forgot to ask, did you like the food?"

"It was nice."

SinB's behavior could put down any introvert to shame but Yerin wasn't one to admit defeat, no matter how challenging her social impairment might be. Though the sentiment was slightly appreciated by SinB. Just slightly. 

"Do you have any favorite color?"

"None."

"I love the color-" And Yerin continued their one-sided conversation like a professional radio host.

She jumped from topic to topic with ease and still managed to do her share of work flawlessly.

And for the younger girl, she was tired of Yerin's torrent of words. Even occupying her mind with drying plates wasn't sufficient. 

On the contrary of her recent thoughts, she felt irritated beyond belief. There was only so much human interaction poor SinB could take. She leered at the sink. There were only three more glasses to clean and surely Yerin could do it by herself. 

Mumbling a half-baked excuse, SinB quickly put the cloth back to its place and rolled down her sleeve. 

Now that she thought about it, Yerin practically didn't need her to 'help', what is the drying rack sitting by the sink is for, exactly?

Though she did feel a little bit guilty for not keeping her end of the bargain and leaving the girl behind, she had reached the limit of her socializing endurance. 

Before SinB could take a step, her body suddenly jerked backward. She was tugged by the back of her hoody and a wet hand was suddenly on her midriff. 

Her brain could barely register the touch, she briefly thought about yanking her body away from Yerin but it was being uncharacteristically rebellious.

"It's unfair if you don't keep your end of the deal now, don't you think?" The blonde's voice was almost like a warm breeze passing through the shell of her ear and SinB felt the goosebumps on her neck rose; and like an aggravated hedgehog, she felt an impeccable urge to curl in, baring her quills and scurry into her poster littered safe haven, but she had somehow kept her instincts at bay.

They stood with their bodies glued to each other for a whole minute before SinB could finally function and tear herself away from Yerin's arms.

Yerin's lips were slightly quirked upwards, not showing a shred of guilt for breaching SinB's comfort bubble.

The teenager felt anger boil inside of her. Not entirely sure why, SinB clenched her jaw and tried not to look flustered from the hug as she gave the girl with the infuriating smile a harsh glare, "Do that one more time and you'll regret it," She spat through gritted teeth.

She didn't know what she was going to do exactly, but she was certainly pissed. A one-sided conversation was tolerable, but touching her without her consent? She was lucky that SinB didn't karate flip girls. 

"Ah, sorry, I didn't know what came over me," Yerin said. She stretched her smile and rose both of her hands as a silent promise not to repeat her earlier mistake. 

"...Whatever." SinB scoffed. 

But not even a moment had gone by, Yerin had deftly stepped forward, already breaking the promise she made six seconds ago. Their nose was almost touching, and Yerin was taking anothe

Please log in to read the full chapter