Chapter 4

Vixen
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jung Yerin has proven to be quite an enigma to SinB.

The girl is nearly - or maybe is - perfect at everything she does, from mundane tasks such as cleaning and cooking to an enviable figure with good looks to complete the mold of an ideal woman.

Aside from few abnormalities like her strange fixation towards SinB, Jung Yerin is the perfect woman.

In no way can SinB say she has gotten used to the blonde woman, but the way Yerin forces herself into her supposed to be monotonous life leaves SinB with no room for argument.

Somehow SinB manages to survive a month with the social monster following her like a duckling. The woman is still persistent in her pursuit to integrate herself into SinB's daily life. Yerin will relentlessly drag SinB downstairs to have meals together - all she can do is dig her heels into the floor while hugging her computer's desk - and sometimes barges in to sweep the floor or make her bed.

Forget that - SinB doesn't mind having to get out of the comfort of her space to eat on the table - The main problem is: how easy Yerin manages to gain entry to SinB's abode to her liking. She has tried everything her brain can come up with: using her dresser to barricade the door to placing a chair to jam the doorknob.

If SinB doesn't know better, she may think Yerin is a professional burglar with how she manages to break into the gamer's room with ease.

This time, SinB decides that enough is enough and desperate measures are needed. Armed with a bobby pin, a superglue, and a tutorial from youtube, SinB proceeds to work on jamming the keyhole. She does realize the potential of her locking herself in, but to hell with that, having Yerin barging into her room while she was changing clothes is the last nail to the coffin.

The bobby pin flattened, and a pinch of superglue added to its tip - SinB starts to insert it into the keyhole. Her hands are trembling as she carefully reaches the pins at the back of the lock. She smears the superglue all over. 

Letting out a breath she has been holding, SinB painstakingly removes the bobby pin.

According to the tutorial, this will surely jam up the lock with little to no evidence unless a locksmith successfully disassembles the keyhole and finds glue.

Satisfied with her work, SinB skips to her chair and slides her headphones on. 

Before her brother comes back and calls the locksmith, SinB will make sure to enjoy her Yerin-less time.

An hour into her gaming session, the beaming sunlight coming from the blinds signal the beginning of lunchtime. Usually, the blonde woman will come unannounced into SinB's bedroom and haul the younger girl downstairs. 

Right on cue, SinB can feel the pitter-patter of footsteps coming from outside her room. Yerin will knock on her door a few times, not wait for a reply - proceeds to gain entry with the master key - and continue to pull the neet away from her computer.

But this time, SinB has come prepared.

The room occupant hears the sound of metal sliding into the keyway, but the sound of a click is absent.

Did it work? SinB thought with anticipation. 

Her heart is beating loudly. It sounds like a beatbox is pounding in her ears.

After a few seconds of silence, she hears Yerin's fading steps away from the door.

It worked!

Her plan works! And she is finally able to have the peace and privacy she has missed for the past month. Pumping her fist, she swivels her chair back into place and grabs the controller.

Jung Yerin's reign of terror is now over.

Or so SinB thought.

It hasn't even been half an hour before she hears strange noises coming from her door. She thinks it's only phantom sounds her anxious mind made up - since her brother's girlfriend has proven to be quite resourceful.

She entertains the thought and looks back, and to her horror, her biggest fear comes to life.

Jung Yerin has somehow managed to pry open the door with a kitchen knife she is currently holding. Coupled with the woman's trademark eye smile, it makes a disturbing sight. 

If she doesn't know better, SinB is sure this scene is something from a slasher movie - and SinB is about to get slaughtered by a blonde psychopath.

Okay, new plan.

Her attempt to lock out the blonde menace didn't only backfire but also brought upon her brother's wrath.

"How old are you to think putting superglue inside the lock is okay?!" He ranted.

The younger Hwang didn't have any retort because now that she thinks about it - she definitely shouldn't put superglue into the keyhole.

SinB can sit through ChanSung's scolding patiently, but having her allowance deducted as not only a punishment but to pay for a new door lock was something she couldn't tolerate.

Maybe she needs to approach her problem from another perspective. Perhaps the problem isn't her door's vulnerability but her own mortal body - her body which she hasn't trained since ChanSung starts to bring home his girlfriends.

SinB still can't accept the fact that a fragile and soft-looking woman like Yerin can lug her all the way downstairs. Yes, she is skinnier than the average girl her age. It might be her lack of exercise, SinB reasons.

So with that hopeful mindset, SinB routinely sneaks to the basement where all the pieces of equipment she needs to get in shape are. 

For the first few times, she always comes upon Yerin tidying up the first floor. 

She reflexively flinches as Yerin's gaze meets hers, a pleasant surprise for the older girl to see the resident shut-in walking outside of her room voluntarily.

"Good morning~," Yerin greets her.

"...Morning," SinB mumbles back, her body slowly edging back to where she came. Yerin doesn't comment - her lips quirking upwards with amusement instead.

The blonde casually remarks as she goes back to dusting the shelves, "What makes you come downstairs so early in the morning?"

The clock shows 10:19, which is far from early but SinB knows what Yerin meant was:

How rare of you to come down without me dragging you before lunch.

SinB's plan heavily relies on the element of surprise, so she comes up with a lie instead, "Thirsty." She says.

Yerin only raises her eyebrow - SinB tries to maintain eye contact while doing her damndest not to look like a toddler hiding a cookie behind her back. She wonders if the older girl has seen through her lame excuse but is relieved when Yerin focuses back on her task.

It seems like her brother's girlfriend has no other hobbies except playing housewife. SinB ponders if Yerin has no interests or friends to hang out with since she's always present in their house at different times each day. 

Is she so in love with ChanSung to the point that she would sacrifice tim

Please log in to read the full chapter