Chapter 1

Vixen
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Eunbi, I want you to meet my new girlfriend."

SinB rolled her eyes. It was the sixth time she heard the same phrase from her brother's mouth this month - Or she had just lost count at five. The first one was a redhead, SinB vaguely remembered her name, Hayeon? Imyeon? There was definitely a yeon. Though, not like she cared. But when ChanSung and the yeon girl broke up, the heartbroken woman table flipped their coffee table, and now it's in the recycle bin, forgotten and missed by SinB.

SinB had never seen the second one. That time she was barely out of her room, traumatized by the experience of losing her trusted coffee table and the display of rage by her brother's ex. Oh, the misery of not having it to support her legs when she watches TV.

The third one was cheerful. SinB knew this when she decided to put her hermit lifestyle on hiatus. The third girlfriend was a bundle of sunshine, smiling everywhere she goes as she hummed or sang - everywhere inside their house because SinB was still a hermit crab who detested going outside the comfort of her home. Well, not that she had any reason to because all the house chores and grocery shopping were taken care of by ChanSung's girlfriends.

It was pretty convenient with her current lifestyle.

The fourth and the next were all a blur. But SinB's brother never looked as lovestruck. It was comical. She could almost see the hearts in his eyes.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Jung Yerin; I hope we can get along!"

"Hm," She hummed in return in an uninterested manner, and she could feel ChanSung's eyes glaring daggers at her for the gesture. He also never did that.

Well, she could see why her brother was in such a lovestruck daze and did not want his sister to "embarrass" him. His ex-girlfriends were all beautiful, cute, and hot - not that she had ever been attracted to any of them, mind you - but this one was different.

Yerin's blonde hair was tied into two cute low pigtails giving her points for the cute category, her skin was flawless, and her eyes shone like two gems, almost as if God carved it specifically for her and a cute button nose completed with pouty lips. Her body was petite, and her chest was modest - She definitely scored A in pretty 101.

And her choice of outfit gave her big points for the hot category. She wore a pristine white V-cut sleeveless dress, exposing her cleavage - not enough to be indecent, but sufficient to make men drool - and the skirt reached her thighs, exposing her creamy skin and the rest up was for the imagination. Her high heels gave her an extra height, giving her a womanly aura.

After SinB had finally done with scoring her brother's new girlfriend mentally, she realized that her brother had been hungrily looking at the blonde's exposed cleavage and gulped not so subtly. The older girl just smiled radiantly towards a very baffled SinB and the smile almost blinded the latter.

Is she blind or something? Maybe she smiled to herself in the mirror and got herself blinded by her own smile.

SinB rolled her eyes for the second time. Her brother, from a 23 years old college student, had turned into a 14 years old teenager.

She turned and walked to her room without giving the couple a second glance.

"Yerin's making dinner, so come out of your room before dinner time." His tone was leveled and calm, but they have been siblings for seventeen years. SinB already knew what that tone meant,

Be rude to her, and no internet for you.

"Yeah, yeah," She waved a hand dismissively and closed the door with a bang.

SinB spent the entire day homeschooling and the rest playing games, leveling up her character as best as she could because a portion of her night will be spent watching her brother ogling his girlfriend like a dog in heat.

After hitting level 56, SinB stretched her back and patted her shoulder, her way of saying good work to herself. The gamer noticed that her room had dimmed down considerably, a sign that the sun had already sunk. She hummed to herself as she put her trusted computer on hibernation mode and according to her alarm clock, Half an hour to go before dinner.

She decided to take a quick shower; she could smell the sweat from her oversized hoody. SinB leered down. Her shorts had stained from the coca-cola can she sipped carelessly from in the middle of an intense boss battle earlier. It stuck to her pelvis and made her cringe. She hated sticky things.

She walked into her bathroom and carelessly tossed her clothes into a laundry basket. She the shower and had a quick 15 minutes shower. The water was cold, and even though her body shivered in protest, the brunette vaguely remembered an article she read, saying that cold showers could improve the body's pain endurance. She wondered if a cold shower could also improve her gag endurance because she'll definitely need it for tonight.

She blindly reached for her towel and knocked her knuckles on the toilet seat, proceeding to curse incessantly. After grumpily shoving the shower curtain from her face, SinB grabbed her towel that was hanging comfortably opposite the toilet.

She dried herself quickly, and wrapped the towel around her neck, keeping drops of water from her newly dried skin.

She walked out of her bathroom and switched on the lights. She searched for her fresh and bra as her hair clung to her face and neck, still dripping and wet. She wrapped the towel closer to her neck and looked for them in her drawers, only with a towel wrapped around like a makeshift scarf.

She pulled out a matching pair of white underwear and grabbed a graying black hoody in the process. It wasn't baggy as the one she wore previously, it barely shown her curves, but her fingers weren't hidden in the sleeves, so she deemed this one as her "proper" hoody.

SinB pushed the top drawer close and kneeled to pull open the bottom drawer. It slid open smoothly, revealing five pairs of jeans and one baggy short pants, the jeans rarely used, for they are her "outing" pants, but the brunette rarely walks out of the house. The baggy shorts were for a workout - they had a treadmill and other types of equipment in the basement to keep the siblings in top condition.

Black, gray, fading blue, white, or torn blue?

She grabbed the loose black jeans she used to wear what year ago and decided they matched her hoody. It was only dinner and at her own home at that. She didn't need to dress up, heck, she could even come out of her room with sweaty oversized hoody and sticky shorts, but her brother was the one who paid the bills, and losing internet was out of the question.

They both had been orphans since she was a baby; ChanSung never talked much about their parents and SinB didn't want to open old wounds. Like any brother, he irritated her immensely, but it's only healthy siblings' quarrels. It never went past punching each other's shoulders, since the only family and anchor they had were each other.

They quickly left the orphanage as soon as her brother was of age to be her guardian but struggled between maintaining jobs and college. He loved his sister dearly, enough that he won't kick her out for being a good-for-nothing neet. Homeschooling had been pricier than public school, but he still respected her wishes and went along.

He reassured her that he had a "decent" job that didn't take much time, and enough to support them both and not hinder his studies. Maybe he worked as a stripper or something; she amusedly thought to herself that time.

Please log in to read the full chapter