Two pieces of a puzzle

Two notes away from your heart

Wonho was good kisser, and he knew it. All his previous partners had told him, and not that he liked to brag about it, but he considered it as one of his strong points.

He had given many types of kisses, from the most innocent to the most passionate ones. The warm feeling that a pair of lips left over his was unique to Hoseok.

Ever since he met Changkyun in the faculty hall and heard him utter his adorable confession of love, he wished to be the person to whom those words were addressed. He wanted to be the only one who could listen to them and, above all, he wanted to kiss him.

And now he could do it at last.

Wonho merely laid his lips on the other's gently, almost afraid to frighten him; the black haired boy was so nervous that he pressed his mouth in a thin line and closed his eyes tightly: he had no idea what to do, so he stood paralyzed like a statue.

Their hearts beat frantically; the elder felt as if some fireworks had exploded inside him, while the younger still didn’t process what was happening.

Seeing how tense he was, Wonho lifted one of the hands resting on Changkyun's waist to his neck, beginning to caress it with his thumb. The muscles of the little boy ended up relaxing as the seconds passed, and the brunette used this to open his mouth and give a little movement to the kiss.

Gradually, Changkyun's lips ceased to be tight and he let himself go, corresponding in a timid, clumsy way. Wonho tilted his head and grabbed the back of his neck for better accessibility, enjoying and slowly savoring the mouth he had longed to taste.

God only knew how much he craved for this moment; he had often imagined what it would be like to kiss Changkyun. On more than one occasion, his mind had gone far beyond a simple kiss.

But no fantasy surpassed reality. Changkyun had a sweet and coffee aftertaste... he never liked a flavor this much before.

The wet sound of their lips parting and slowly coming together again was the only thing audible in the locker room. Wonho wanted to keep that slow pace: he had never dealt with someone as inexperienced as Changkyun, and he had to restrain himself from going any faster.

However, a small moan that came out of the pianist’s mouth was enough to urge him to feel more. Wonho bit his thin upper lip slightly, opening Changkyun’s mouth in the process, making him gasp and holding on to his leather jacket. He slowly bit his pink lower lip this time, pulling on it and feeling some pleasant tickles all over his mouth.

Finally, he introduced his tongue and met Changkyun’s one, caressing it and lightly on it. Both trembled by the warm, wet touch and Wonho accelerated the kiss, pressing the child against the door; the tickles became more intense, more hot, making their bodies set on a fire that could only be put out by the intoxicating caressing of their tongues.

Changkyun raised his arms and wrapped them around the brunette’s neck, pulling his soft brown hair to bring him even more closer: his head wasn’t on planet Earth and he felt as if his body floated in a vast sea, leaving himself at the mercy of thousands of dangerous currents.

They parted just for a few moments, in which Changkyun took a deep breath and gasped for breath. They stared at each other before rejoining like two magnets, tasting and feeling each other, almost urgently.

“Wonho…” he moaned with a little voice, feeling completely dizzy by the way the experienced tongue was playing with his more timid one, but also caressing it carefully, making sure he wasn’t going too fast to help him follow the delicious movement.

Hoseok’s fleshy lips seemed to have been made to kiss those who were so thin and delicate. They were like two lost pieces of two different puzzles, which apparently didn’t fit together, and which had merged into one, completing each other in a unique way.

Wonho wanted to love. And Changkyun, deep down, wanted to be loved.

However, a knock on the door ended the kiss and, consequently, the small world in which they had taken refuge for a few minutes. Changkyun moved away with a shaky body, looking at him completely stunned and trying to normalize his breathing.

Wonho rested his forehead on his, looking at him intensely and smiling widely: the puppy’s lips were all red and swollen, and the pink in his cheeks formed an image that he would never forget.

"Come on, it's about time!" the theater club coordinator warned on the other side of the wall.

His voice seemed far away; Hoseok's brown eyes kept him from thinking clearly. The older boy approached his ear and whispered amused.

"Puppy... wake up."

Then he blew in his ear, causing Changkyun to jerk and finally pulling his head back to Earth. The black haired boy hurriedly pushed him away and stared at the floor, feeling his cheeks burn and beginning to realize what they had just done.

Changkyun didn’t want him to see his blush, so he put on the hood of the wolf costume and pulled the sides to cover his face, earning a tender laugh of Wonho.

“Changkyun... you don’t have to...”

“I!” he exclaimed, sounding more shaken than he would have liked. “I-I have to go.”

Then he turned and hurried out, not long before he remembered how to open a door. Wonho was stuck in the spot, watching the figure of the little boy run clumsily and disappear on backstage.

He backed away a few steps to sit heavily on the bench in the center of the room; he put his fingers to his lips and smiled: at last... Changkyun had gave in. He rested his hands on the wood with a lost gaze, and little by little, his smile disappeared: something had awakened inside him. An intense desire he had never felt for anyone, an intense feeling of wanting to know everything about him.

Now that he had finally tasted him, he wanted more. Much more.

This was just the beginning.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Changkyun could feel the notes flowing through his body and dying on his fingers. With his eyes closed, he waved his hands in the air, pretending to be playing an invisible piano.

He could hear in the distance the coach of the soccer team shouting 'one, two, three', and somehow, it helped him to set the pace of the melody. The morning breeze was very pleasant, and it was too early for anyone on the stands of the stadium to bother him: he loved that loneliness.

Gradually the coach's voice became a whisper, a soft voice that tinkled in his ear and called his name. The murmur came from a pair of pink lips that he knew very well. Lips that, when curved in a smile, made the angelic face of its owner shine brighter than the sun. Lips he had kissed four days ago.

With a sigh of frustration, Changkyun tossed aside the sheet music that rested on his lap and rubbed his face. He cursed himself for not being able to stop thinking about the kiss he shared with Wonho, and about how much he had enjoyed it: the sensation of those lips on his own didn’t fade away, torturing him at night and driving him crazy.

Did that mean he liked boys? Or he just liked Wonho?

"Get out of my head..." he groaned.

As he pulled his hands away from his face, the presence of someone watching him from a step below made him jump a little. Hyunwoo raised a questioning eyebrow and ran his hand over his forehead, wiping the sweat from the hard workout.

"How come you’re here so early?" asked Hyunwoo.

Changkyun shrugged and avoided eye contact. He picked up the sheet music again and placed it in his lap, leaving room for him to sit next to him.

"I just needed some fresh air," he said in a neutral tone, masking all the worries that were eating him inside. “I don’t have any class until twelve.”

The older boy nodded after a few seconds and sat down, not making a single comment, and gazing at the field where his club mates were running. One of the things that the pianist liked the most of his friend was that he didn’t talk much: they both appreciated the comfortable silence that sometimes formed between them.

"How was your Friday?" The question brought Changkyun out of his thoughts. “Kihyun told me you were an actor for a day.”

The black-haired boy sighed as he remembered the ridicule he had made in the play: his brain had been totally blank at the crucial moment, forgetting what he had to say and making all the children's audience laugh; in the end, he managed to babble his part of the dialogue thanks to the help of the prompter. But it wasn’t entirely his fault, but the boy who kissed him just before the performance.

"Uh..." he hesitated momentarily, "well, let's just say it could have been better."

Hyunwoo laughed lightly and rested his elbows on his knees.

"Don’t worry, I’m sure I would have done it worse.”

Just imagining his big friend dressed in a wolf costume made Changkyun smile; thanks to that, he finally managed to relax, fixing his gaze in the stadium. Some of the soccer club members were passing the ball, others were stretching while a few were sitting on the other side in the stands, taking a rest and chatting.

A figure running across the tracks around the green field caught his attention; he wasn’t wearing his glasses, so he couldn’t see who it was until he passed in front of them.

Wonho slowed down until he stopped running, taking a breath and brushing his hair away from his forehead. Changkyun's whole body tensed once he recognized him and used the sheet music to cover his face; Hyunwoo looked puzzled, but when he saw the fourth-year boy right in front of them, he understood the situation.

He had been watching his little friend for the last few weeks: he was more distracted than usual, and every time someone mentioned Wonho, he became restless and nervous. Changkyun wasn’t like that, he rarely let his feelings show up.

Finally, he had come to the conclusion that he liked Wonho.

Changkyun peeped timidly out of his shield of papers to see if Hoseok had left already; just at that moment, the brunette raised his black T-shirt to wipe the sweat from his face, revealing his well-formed abs. Just when the pianist hided again with red cheeks like tomatoes, Hyunwoo knew his assumptions were true.

Finally, Wonho looked up and noticed him; Hyunwoo waved his hand in the air and he returned the greeting, giggling at the sight of the person next to him taking refuge in some sheet music.

"Little puppy!" he called him excitedly. Changkyun blushed even more at the childish mote and shrank in the spot, wanting to disappear. He was feeling too embarrassed, and the fact that Hyunwoo was there too only made things worse.

Hyunwoo cleared his throat and, seeing that Wonho started to climb the steps, he decided that it would be better to leave: he didn’t know what was going on between those two, but he knew that he didn’t want to interfere. Before standing up, he patted Changkyun on the shoulder, who looked at him in alarm, begging him silently not to leave.

"Good luck," he said as a farewell. When he went down the steps and crossed with Wonho, he bowed slightly and continued on his way, oblivious to the curses that Changkyun was sending him internally for abandoning him.

Once Wonho had taken seat at his side, the dark haired boy resigned himself to his fate and looked down at his knees, squeezing the papers between his fingers.

"Hey," the older boy said with a warm smile. Changkyun avoided eye contact and tried not to show how nervous he was. “Why did you hide?” he asked in a soft voice, leaning toward him.

"I wasn’t hiding..." he managed to explain more calmly. Apparently, the tactic of not making eye contact helped him not to stutter, “I was just trying to block the sun.”

“But it’s cloudy today.”

Changkyun turned his neck towards him, and found a pair of brown eyes watching him from too close. He could smell his sweat, and he couldn’t help noticing how his shirt fit perfectly his torso, and how his muscular legs were wrapped in a pair of tight tracksuit pants. His heart was beating like crazy and he felt himself gasping for breath.

"W-well, you know..." he began to explain nervously as he sat further away from him, "even if there are clouds, the sun's rays affect us a-anyways..." Wonho smiled widely at his speech and sit nearer, again being inches from his face. Changkyun swallowed hard and continued babbling stupidities. “Tha-that’s why it's very important to use sunscreen…”

"You don’t say..." Hoseok murmured with amusement, narrowing his eyes and staring at his lips.

The little boy nodded repeatedly trying to keep an indifferent expression, but the fact that Wonho was approaching dangerously to him with hunger in his gaze made that his heart got stuck on his throat.

He pressed the sheet music more tightly: he needed to get away from him to breathe again and, without thinking twice, he used them as a defense weapon.