Nostalgic Memoir Part 2

For Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While focusing on the teacher for the lesson of the day in school, Amanda still thinking how shock it is to find herself and Mark with the same homeroom teacher. She can’t predict what’s going to happen when Mark take action. She peeked behind to see what is Mark doing the whole time. Same as always, he sat there, chilling while taking a nap. She felt relieved that she didn’t get beat up by him…yet. After class, Amanda quickly packed her stuff and stay away from Mark as far as possible. However, after she got out of her chair, she was grabbed by the wrist. “Where are you going now?” Mark smirked. Amanda’s eyes are growing big like blowing a bubble gum. “Do you remember what I told you last time? I told you that I’m not going to take it  easy on you.” Amanda wrist is shaken, her forehead is bleeding with sweats, is trembling like she’s about to stutter, and she can’t feel her legs moving. “I-I-I n-need t-to go to l-l-lunch…” Amanda said. Mark shouted, “Why do you do this to me?!! I can’t go to martial arts practice or playing basketball because of you!!” Amanda slowly cried in front of him. “I was just defending Joey because he’s just a little child. I want to take a responsibility as a noona to take care of him, so he won’t get bullied!” Amanda shouted. “Everything you did is completely your fault! Why do you have to yell at me?!” Mark argued, “It’s because you took everything from me!! Give me back my martial arts practice and my free time out on the basketball court!!” Suddenly, he raise his hands to indicate that he’s about to harass her. Amanda can’t do anything but cry. His arms froze, seeing Amanda cried in pain. Mark put his hands down and give her a warning. “I’ll let you go this time. The next time I see you getting into people’s business, you know the consequences.” Amanda slowly kneel down and start crying, running her tears like a river. She doesn’t know what to do next but walking straight to the cafeteria. 

After school, Krystal wanted to hang out with Amanda by getting ice-cream at the parlor store at the end of the quarter near the bibimbap store. Amanda and Krystal sat on the stairs, looking at the busy street, seeing children playing marbles in the corner, mother shopping for vegetables to prepare for dinner, and students linked in hands, skipping together to get fish cake skewers. Krystal saw my gloomy face, then starting to question me. “What happen Amanda? You look so sad.” “I’m fine. I’m just in a bad mood.” Amanda replied. “You’re in a bad mood?! I’m sorry. Is it my fault that I made you in the bad mood?” Krystal asked. “No, it’s not your fault. So you don’t have to worry about me.” Amanda said. Krystal then stand up, pretending that she’s a cheerleader, she shouted, “Amanda don’t be sad!! Cheer up! Cheer up!” Amanda is starting to giggling. Krystal dragged her and they jumping around together in unison. Amanda’s mood had brought up to 80% thanks to her new friend, Krystal. 

Suddenly, around the store across from them, Amanda saw Mark, looking suspicious. She noticed that he’s stealing stuff at the store . Amanda wanted to block him from doing bad things. But on the other hand, she thought about the consequences. “Will I get beat up if I tell him not to steal stuff in store?” she thought. “I want to do something right. I just want him to change his bad attitude into a good attitude that he can make a difference in the community. Is that a crime to you?” she pondered. Suddenly, a group of men were chasing towards Mark and he’s starting to run away from them. Then Mark ran towards Amanda and Krystal, bumping into them, which cause Amanda and Krystal to knock out and fell on the street. Mark doesn’t care and starting to keep running. However, Mark got blocked by Amanda’s hand, grabbing his ankle, telling him to return the stuff to the owner. Mark yelled, “I told you to stay away from my business!” Then, Amanda stood up and took the stuff away from him. “Give it back to me!!” Mark yelled. The group of men are behind Amanda’s back. Amanda slowly give the stuff back to them. “I’m sorry that he’s stealing your stuff. You can get the stuff back.” Amanda said. She politely give the stuff back. The group of men shouting, “Do you think this is enough to paid back my debt? He deserves a beating as well.” Suddenly, the group of men pulled out clubs and starting to aim towards Amanda and Mark. The first man make a move towards Amanda by starting to hit her. “Watch out!!” Mark yelled. He grab Amanda by the hip and cover her from getting beating by the group of men. On the street, sirens are blowing like crazy, multiple police cars are heading towards them. The policemen arrive, arresting the group of men, including Mark for stealing stuff from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter