CHAPTER 1: SHANGYANG

City Seclusion

 

SOLAR’S POV

“Good morning, Yongsun unnie!” I felt someone patting my shoulders.

“Wake up! Wake up!” The speaker insisted.

I stirred a bit and opened my eyes. Everything came back to my senses and realized that I came in this forest alone.

A L O N E !

With wide opened eyes, I grabbed my toy hammer and rushed out of my tent screaming the words “Who are you? Who are you?” during the process.

A face of a young girl peeked out of my tent. When I made sure that the kid is showing no signs of being harmful, I dropped my toy hammer.

In a more calm way, I asked her, “Who are you? What are you doing inside my tent?”

“Good morning Yongsun unnie! I’m Hong Euijin. Thank you for taking care of me last night. I’m sorry to bother you though.” Last night? What exactly happened last night?

It took me a minute to remember all of the things that happened to me yesternight and the thought of it is getting creepier that it is supposed to be. First, I’ve encountered a blue swan or whatever it is in my tent while it’s raining hard. Then, this girl is claiming that I helped her last night.

“Eh? I don’t remember helping any girl last night, miss! Maybe you’re just imagining things.” I’ve cross my arms to show her that I am dead serious. I have a lot of thing to finish by now and playing with her is not on the list.

“Aigoo, but you said that you’ll let me stay a little longer.” She pouted. This is an old school way of a kid to get what she wants. Been there, done that.

“Nah-uh! I’ve said that to Jini last night and not to you!” Isn’t it cute? I named the blue swan yesterday as Jini! She’s so adorable aing~

Oh yes, speaking of Jini, where is that little fellow? I rushed in the tent to search for my newly found friend while the girl just watched me with the pout still on her face.

“B-but I am Jini…” Her voice cracked, hinting that she’s about to cry.

And she did.

*pitter-patter*

Not again!

How could I explore this whole forest if it will keep raining this hard?

“I-I am Jini! We played all night and we had a lot of fun! Sorry if I bother you, I’ll get going now.” She managed to say between her sobs.

Her hands are slowly turning into wings while her pouting lips turn into a beak. Every second passing by, she’s getting smaller and smaller. The magic that is happening before me and the things she said earlier just synced into my mind right now.

“Wait!” That is all I can say. I can’t move. K-Kim Yongsun, what to do?!

“J-Jini?” The blue swan nodded.

Still frozen on my place, I tried to say something but my mouth wouldn’t open at all.

Instead, everything went black.

 

 

=0==0=0==0=0==0=

 

 

“Unnie! Unnie!” Jini keeps calling me. I opened my eyes and sat up.

“You fainted and you made me worry a lot.”She said sincerely. She’s harmless, Solar. She didn’t leave even when you fainted. Breathe in, breathe out. Leggo!

“Jini…?” I called and she hummed as a response.

“What exactly are you? I mean no offense. You don’t need to answer if you don’t want to.” She chuckled.

“Unnie, I’m a Shanyang. I came here to visit my relatives but I lost track of the way. If I use my human form, the animals here would be too intimidated with me  so I’d rather use my real appearance. I felt tired until I stumble upon your tent. So I decided to rest for awhile. I thought you are going to put me in a cage like the other humans did to my ancestors. But when you saw me, you played with me instead and treated me nicely. With that, I want to return the favor.” She explained in details. Cute!

“Shanyang, I see. Can I still call you Jini? Uhm, can I keep you?” I squealed as I pinch her cheeks.

“Nae!” She answered excitedly. “Unnie, can I ask something?”

“Hmm?” I asked while I begun fixing my things. No need to time to waste! Finishing my article is a must.

“You are a Korean just like me. So, why are you here in China?” Oh, that. I forgot to tell her.

“You see Jini,” I paused as I lift my heavy bag and placed it to the other side of the tent. “I’m here to do an article about the animals in this place. I’m a journalist and my agency assigned me to do this concept. I believe this is going to be my biggest break.”

Her eyes sparkled like she saw a celebrity before her. “Does that mean that Shanyangs are going to get featured in your article as well?”

Shangyangs are going to get featured in your article as well.

Why haven’t I thought about that?

I looked back to her with an excited smile. “Jini, you are a genius!” I can’t help but to give her a big warm hug.

“Wae? Wae? Wae? Wae? Wae? Wae?”

“My article will be all about Shanyang!” I claimed. “Jinjja? That would be great! I’m really excited!” Jini clapped her hands while saying.

“Jini-ah, you told me that you will do me a favor since I treated you nicely yesterday, right?” She nods with a smile on her face.

“Can I come and see your relatives?” she smiled even more.

“It would be great if introduce you to my relatives! I never met a nice human like you before. Plus, this means that I’m going to have more time with Yongsun unnie!”

 “Alright! Leggo Jini!” This is it. I am really going to hit that Cho Gye-Chang award!

“Nae! To City Seclusion it is!” She exclaimed as she helped me carry my things.

“Yeah! City Seclusion!” City Seclusion! That definitely sounds good!

 

 

 

City Seclusion?! There’s a city in the middle of the forest?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sorry for cutting it short ㅋㅋㅋ It would be boring if I continue the chapter. Anyway, Mamamoo and Sonamoo is in! That leaves Lovelyz and SNSD on the line. Up next, City Seclusion! 

And here's a picture of Jini also known as Hong Euijin. I gave her the role since her nickname is Bird.

                                       

Shes really adorable~ Aing~

                           

~Snowie0922