~The Train Ride to Memory Lane~

Why did you do it Hyung?

 

Things for the SHINee boys went further downhill and hectic after the incident that occurred between the two maknaes of the group. The fans went crazy as more and more angst fanfics themed 2min came into play. The boys got bad publicity and what made the whole matter ten times worse was the fact that Minho just didn’t apologise to Taemin, they hardly even spoke to one another!

Taemin sat in his room, one week after the encounter with his hyung; he was too worn out to think straight. Kibum was keeping him company as he gently held him in his arms to comfort him. He sang soft songs as he gently his hair, the boy was far too fragile and the recent events just made him loose his head even more. The company had been putting too much pressure of him, which lead to him ‘dating’ IU. At this moment in time he was a very pitiful character, which made Kibums’ heart ache in all places; he was frustrated that he couldn’t do anything to even help his dongseng!

Meanwhile, Minho sat on a late night train taking him away from all the mayhem for maybe just one night. This route was always empty which meant he could get away and get some time to think; usually he enjoyed his own company but today the scene was different as he beat himself up for his own actions! His irrational behaviour and always acting before thinking really did get him in big trouble this time, just like his mother had warned him about before he auditioned for SM Ent.

This train sent him back into memory lane as he remembered the day he started developing weird feelings towards Taemin, the day he became so confused but didn’t mind it since he enjoyed Taemin’s company. Taemin became Minho’s addictive drug that sent all his senses out of control.

That day the two SHINee maknaes sat on this very train. Minho needed some time away from everything but Taemin insisted to accompany him. Truthfully Minho found it rather annoying, he quite enjoyed the alone train rides, but still he let the kid tag along.

At first Taemin kept talking, this really put Minho in a more flustered mind set.

“Oh Taemin can’t you just stop being so annoying for a little while!” Minho remembered clearly shouting at the innocent looking kid. Taemin looked quite hurt but placed a small weak smile on his face as he nodded and didn’t speak after that.

Minho then felt a pang of guilt as he watched the kid sulk from the corner of his eye. Taemin did look better when talking and smiling. Minho then turned to face Taemin with a sweet smile plastered on his face,

“Sorry Tae, hey how about you tell me that funny story about Lee Joon you were talking about with Kibum Hyung?” At that the boy cheered up and nodded. He then started talking very enthusiastically about how Lee Joon drank soju from an odd looking yellow bottle, thinking it was Taemin’s banana milk! The story seemed rather pointless to Minho, but the way Taemin spoke really caught his attention. In the many years of their debut this was the first time he truthfully listened to Taemin’s babbling, he was put in an almost trance.

He found himself laughing, not at the story but at how cute Taemin seemed. Why hadn’t he ever realised how adorable his dongseng was before? In the heat of the moment Minho took Taemin’s hand and placed it in line with his own. The touch of skin was almost breathtaking, his skin seemed so soft against Minho’s, and it seemed too perfect. He then carried on listening to the boy for the rest of the train ride. After that Minho always took Taemin with him when he got the chance to ride the train, this was the only time he could show affection towards the maknae without any worries.

That’s when Minho realised he was crying, not just light sobs but rapid, almost chocking sobs came out of his mouth. He didn’t even know that his heart was capable of such sorrow!

He had to make things right, and he had to take action quick or else Taemin would be too far for him to reach…

******************************************

So I decided to turn this into a two shot. This scene was inspired by a train ride I was taking at the beginning of this year and saw the cutest Spanish gay couple. Well they weren’t an official couple as the younger boy didn’t really realise the older boys feelings, but they both were so affectionate towards each other…it kinda melted my heart! I had to add it!

Sorry for neglecting this fic for so long, the final update will be up soon!

Subbies and Comments are loved as they motivate me! <3333