Lost Pages of the Tomb - Excerpt I

Chain of Hearts

THE SILENCING JINX

SPELL LINE
The Gods did not let you speak so you can talk crap into their ears.


A basic jinx. TEMPORARILY MUTE THE TARGET. Although it may be very useful in certain situations, because the counter spell is too easy to use, more often than not it is useless.  

Rumoured to be the reason Nayoung began learning magic when the beagle trio was too dam* loud in the night before her examination. It became the nightmare for the three until they learned the counter. Later however Nayoung developed her unique variant.

Minkyung is notorious for using this jinx whenever she wants to kiss someone who is talking. This and that, Rena had a love-hate relationship with the jinx.


TACITA CURSE

SPELL LINE
The voice to end all voices.


Nayoung’s unique variant of the Silencing Jinx, developed for her graduate work. The only difference is that there exists no counter for the Tacita, due to the secret fact that it was invented with the beagles’ psyche in mind. As a result, it only works against them. A preliminary version of the curse rendered Eunwoo mute for an entire week. Rena and Jieqiong laughed at her misery, before they were deliberately muted for one week as well after Nayoung perfected the curse.

Nayoung once threatened Jeon Somi to make her subject to the curse if she continue to call her “no-fun unnie”. But the ***hole never stop. To Jieqiong’s surprise and jealousy, Nayoung gave in to Somi.

 

LAMIAI A-ANG

SPELL LINE
Reveal your useless face.


Invented by Zhou Jieqiong (as evident in the name of the spell). REMOVE THE MAKEUP OF THE TARGET. Obviously, Eunwoo is the sole victim. Jieqiong taught Eunwoo the spell, and when she immediately used it against Jieqiong, it just made Eunwoo looked even worse in comparison. The next day Eunwoo had her payback by applying makeup to Jieqiong, until which she did not know her face could be ruined.

Upon hearing of the spell, the headmistress of Jieqiong’s school banned it out of fear.