004

dangerous - xc
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

004

 

hide and seek

 

 

 

Minseok patiently waited under the bed for Chanyeol to sleep. The latter has been pacing back and forth around the room now, and it’s making Minseok dizzy, and bored. He was also quite lucky he even got a chance to hide before Chanyeol sees him, even if it means suffocating himself under the bed. He heard the taller sigh, and eventually sat down on the chair Minseok was sitting earlier when he was watching – wait no, taking the first watch – as Chanyeol slept. The former watched him frown in his sleep, tossing and turning in the bed, too. He was also mumbling something Minseok perfectly heard. Perfectly knew.

 

 

“Yeollie. I have never heard that nickname before.” He heard Chanyeol mutter under his breath, his hands on his face. As if it would help him remember the time when he left little Minseok alone.

 

 

Minseok sighed. He does. It was a nickname little Minseok gave to his little Chanyeol. He used it over and over again, as the other called him Minnie. He thought it was cute, and unique. Also very suitable for Chanyeol’s childish personality that matches his. Jongdae calls him Yeol, and as far as Minseok can remember, Chanyeol used that nickname even after the accident. He felt those silly nicknames were some of the moments Minseok truly treasured, it was their own little secret. A secret even Chanyeol couldn’t remember. Yeollie. Minseok’s beautiful Yeollie. Minseok heard Chanyeol sigh, again.

 

 

If he could only tell him everything. Give him the answer he needed.

 

 

Minseok would. But he couldn’t.

 

 

“Minnie? What’s that? Minnie Mouse?” Chanyeol asked no one in particular. Minseok almost erupted in chuckles. That was also the question Jongdae asked when Chanyeol revealed what he would call him from then on, little Minseok also laughed at the idea, after which he explained it briefly to Jongdae.

 

 

“But that boy…” He heard him say again.

 

 

Could it be? Minseok shook his head. Impossible. Chanyeol would’ve reacted differently if everything, including their own memories flooded in his head. He would’ve called Jongdae straight away. But he didn’t. Maybe a glimpse of their old moments got in his head somehow, and it bothered him a whole awful lot, seeing Chanyeol almost pull his hair out trying to remember what it is, or specifically, who it is.

 

 

Who was Minnie?

 

 

Minnie, is hiding under the bed. That’s Minnie.

 

 

“Your Minnie.” Minseok said, barely audible.

 

 

 

Eventually, Minseok had the chance to escape Chanyeol’s room right after he decided to sleep again. He could hear the latter mumbling the nickname again, a little smile on his face. So far, Minseok knew he is contented with what he had seen so far. Contented that even just for a little bit, Chanyeol remembered.

 

 

 

He was making another set of pancakes when Sehun and Junmyeon lounged in the kitchen, taking their seats and waiting for Minseok to finish. He could practically hear the duo’s stomach growling. Minseok chuckled as he flipped the pancake over, then balanced it on the other stack of pancakes he prepared.

 

 

“Today is a great day!” Sehun cheered.

 

 

Junmyeon nodded in agreement, and it took a total of five minutes before both emptied their plates, Jongdae arrived after Sehun tried to steal some of his away. It then caused a majot fight on the dining area, making Minseok and Junmyeon roll their eyes in annoyance. The oldest then prepared Chanyeol’s plate, and made the three raise their eyebrows when they saw him walk towards the room by himself.

 

 

“You’re going to…” Jongdae trailed off, his mouth slightly opened.

 

 

Sehun blinked twice. “Are you sure?”

 

 

“Is this the right time?” Junmyeon added.

 

 

Minseok just winked at them before continuing to move towards Chanyeol’s door.

 

 

He thought about it long and hard. After leaving Chanyeol’s room, he took a stroll around the vicinity of the safe house. There are millions thoughts in his head, before calling one of his trusted, - he rarely had friends, but he have a few people he could trust – Kyungsoo. An almost friend of his. A rival, from one training agency besides theirs, but they became friends after bumping into a few of their missions.

 

 

After a few jogs, Minseok decided to call Kyungsoo. He knew the latter would still be awake. Even though enemies, Minseok knew Kyungsoo is a kind-hearted person. After their missions, they would go out for a coffee, or sometimes, they would watch movies. But they have never had these kind of conversations.

 

 

But Minseok knew he could trust Kyungsoo’s judgement on this.

 

 

“Hello? Xiumin? Is everything alright?” He could heard Kyungsoo’s husky voice. Minseok knew he kind of interrupted his slumber, seeing that it’s 4 in the morning. But he could also hear the worry in laced in his words, as if they were really friends. Minseok appreciated this, of course. “Yes everything is fine.”

 

 

“Sorry for disturbing your sleep, DO. I just had no one to talk to about this.”

 

 

Kyungsoo listened attentively to Minseok’s story-telling, throwing in a few comments along the way. A few reactions, but never the judgemental ones. He never told his side to any of his friends, only Jongdae, since he was mostly a part of Minseok and Chanyeol’s budding friendship that turned into something he didn’t see coming. Even as a little kid, Minseok knew what he felt for Chanyeol is something different.

 

It was easy to notice when he had Jongdae and Chanyeol. Minseok could easily differentiate what he feels for the both of them, and that was why he knew what he feels for Chanyeol was not normal.

 

 

“So now you’re scared to face him now?” Kyungsoo asked after Minseok was no longer speaking.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter