002

dangerous - xc
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

002

 

 

his side of the coin

 

 

Minseok shrugged, not really caring about the look Jongdae was giving him at the moment. He was clearly out of it, it wasn’t his fault their own nosy neighbour, - which is the one they’re supposed to be protecting – came in and stitched him up last night. It was unexpected, and both Minseok and Jongdae didn’t want Chanyeol to get involved with them in any way, but the giant man found his way firstly to Jongdae, and was now struggling to go all his way to Minseok, which have succeeded for a few years of trying to lay low, and protect him from afar. He continued to prepare both their breakfast and brushed off Jongdae’s stares.

 

 

But the latter insisted of judging him with his eyes and Minseok couldn’t take it any longer.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

Jongdae rolled his eyes, as if he grew tired of Minseok not acknowledging his stares.

 

 

“Now that he knows both of us, things may get pretty out of hand. What happened to our original plan? He could get in danger too soon. We both know Phoenix would find soon enough. Stupid, why didn’t you just call me to inform me that you’re in trouble? Instead of fighting them off alone.” He said, sitting in front of Minseok, having a bite of the pancakes, - which tasted delicious, but he won’t say so unless they both settled their tiny problem. The smaller man scoffed, taking a moment before biting off his delicious pancake. The last few days have been rough, given the fact that their enemies have found out his apartment, or that others knew that Chanyeol is living next to his, as well. Therefore, mafias along with their other enemies have come to visit him, and he’s been protecting everyone else off by himself. Not until last night.

 

 

 

He was too wounded not to accept Chanyeol’s offer.

 

 

“They found out. Sooner than we thought. Last night was a mess, Sehun was badly beaten as well, but we stood our ground. We have to go with Chanyeol even in his university, we have to. Mr. Park called for me after I told him Chanyeol got out.” Minseok didn’t blink and stared at his morning plate, he didn’t want to but he was losing his appetite. He remembered how Chanyeol’s father talked to him on the phone, worry and panic evident on his voice. It was something Minseok didn’t forget.

 

 

“Jinsoo will attack him in any way. We have to keep a close watch on him.”

 

 

After their intense discussion, Minseok lazily plopped himself onto his couch. All were happening too soon, too fast. Jongdae and him were both lucky to be holding off Chanyeol under the radar of some of his family’s enemies, but the threats are now too much to handle, even for three highly trained spies. But all three needed to do their tasks, they all owed the Parks their lives, and everything in between ever since they got in the agency. And if all it takes is protecting the Parks’ heir, - so be it.

 

 

For months, Jongdae was the only one who got close with Chanyeol without blowing off their covers. Minseok wouldn’t want to get close with him, but last night just so happened, the memory of being too physically close with the Parks’ only son, - Minseok couldn’t get the thought out of his head. Now the kid will be in great danger than he was before, now that it is out in the open.

 

 

Phoenix will see this as an opportunity, of course.

 

 

That was one thing Minseok couldn’t stop worrying about. For what reason, he didn’t know. Maybe for those time he observed Chanyeol from afar, he started getting fond of the kid. It wasn’t all hard, really. Park Chanyeol is admittingly likeable, even for a cold-hearted person like Minseok. But the latter could see that the huge guy was a handful, with his annoyingly positive aura. It wouldn’t match with the smaller’s personality. He could say Chanyeol was a perfect ball of sunshine in general. Not just for him.

 

He wanted the old him back. Fragile. One he could protect.

 

 

Nonetheless, mission or not, Minseok would do anything to protect Park Chanyeol at all costs.

 

 

 

 

 

“University?” Sehun groaned. Minseok mentally noted that being undercover isn’t at all fun, not if they are about to bore their own lives with lectures from professors they won’t even need. Not in their lifestyle. Plus, they got all the things they needed on their academy, where all three can conclude was the best years of their entire life. But medical school? Just no. Especially with Sehun, who was practically dying and begging Minseok to disagree. “We got all we needed at the academy, isn’t spending long boring years again in that stupid medical school too much?” He added, his whinings getting a lot of attention at the café. 

 

 

Jongdae shook his head. “As if we have a choice.”

 

 

Minseok watched the two bicker senselessly. Jongdae was right, they all don’t have a choice. Whether the trio liked the idea or not, they would still go. It was their duty to protect Chanyeol, and besides, being in a university for the second time, is thrilling on their parts, occassionally getting into fights in secret, or being in between missions while balancing their pretend-studying is exciting as it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter