Chapter 5

DARK SUNSHINE

 

Chapter 5

 

 

"It's good to see you both are fine", Seungyoon says as he hugs Hanbin and Bobby.

 

"What the hell hyung! We're at college, not home!", Bobby desperately pushes Seungyoon away.

 

"Why? Let them stare! I'm happy that both of my brother are solving their problems quite nicely", Seungyoon hugs them tighter.

 

"Damn hyung! Stop hugging us!", Hanbin completely break free from Seungyoon hug and walk to the front row joining Chanwoo and Minho.

 

"So arrogant", Seunghoon says joining to tease Bobby and Hanbin.

 

"Shut it hyung!", Hanbin screams out loud earning a loud laugh from the guys.

 

"Come on Hanbin, brother gives hug too. No need to be shy", Minho teases him.

 

"Hyung, don't join with these weirdo please", Hanbin hisses as he covers his blushing cheeks.

 

"Oh God! Hanbin is blushing!", Bobby continues to .

 

"You really have a death wish don't you!", Hanbin pulls Bobby in a deadlock and tossing his hair messily.

 

“Bobby!”, a soft and clear voices stop Hanbin in his place. His eyes searching for the owner of that voice desperately. And there she is, running from the library and wearing a worried look on her face. But then she runs fast to Bobby who is still in his captive.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you!”, Jisoo kicks Bobby on his foot hard.

 

“Argh! Woman! Can you stop kicking me!”, Bobby yells angrily.

 

“You don’t pick up my call, and worse than that you didn’t pick up my sister’s call. She is so damn worried about you and she seriously making me crazy with her constant calls and messages! You really have a dead wish huh, Kim Bobby!”, Jisoo’s continuously kicking Bobby leg. Well, at least we share something in common concerning Bobby.

 

“Oh God! Okay I’m sorry. I forgot to call back, okay. I’m sorry”, Bobby winches as he desperately hiding behind Hanbin. The other guys leave them both behind with a knowing grin on their face.

 

“I really... worried… you know?”, Jisoo mutters in the verge of crying. Bobby peeks out from Hanbin back and walks reluctantly to Jisoo.

“I’m sorry for making you worried. I-”

 

“It’s fine. You’ve been making me worried my whole life, so I’m fine. But unnie, my unnie! I really want to kill you for making her crying and worrying that much!”, Jisoo pinches Bobby’s arm hard.

 

“Argh! I know, I know. I will contact her soon”.

 

“No. You’ll come home with me today, unnie is at my home. You also need to visit your mom; she’s been talking about you too much. She must be missing you a lot”, Jisoo says, “Ungrateful kid”.

 

“Yah! Kim Jisoo”, Bobby hisses.

 

“Why? You need to learn your lesson and stop making people worried. Really”.

 

“I’m sorry okay. You nag too much”, Bobby mutters. He looks behind him almost forgot that they’re with Hanbin. He notices Hanbin’s eyes are sparkling brown. Oh, he smells her.

 

“Hanbin-ah!”, Bobby calls Hanbin out.

 

“What?”, Hanbin replies mindlessly as he keeps his eyes on the girl in front of him. She is so damn cute when she’s mad.

 

“This is my friend, you know the one with me at the party”, Bobby hugs Jisoo and drags her to come face to face with Hanbin. Hanbin’s face goes rigid as he’s staring at Bobby hands that’s hanging carelessly on Jisoo’s shoulder. Bobby smirks.

 

“I remember her”, Hanbin replies coldly. He starts to think that Bobby has a death wish. He’s literally asking me to kill him for touching my woman.

 

“Her name is Kim Jisoo, and she likes you a lot!”, Bobby exclaims drawing Jisoo near him.

 

“W-what?! What the hell are you saying!”, Jisoo nudges Bobby on his stomatch angrily. Why is he talking about that in front of this blonde man!

 

“Oh?”, Hanbin mutters as he’s seriously looking at Bobby, “Really?”.

 

“Un. She’s asking me about your name, and things about you. I know that she has a crush on you!”, Bobby says as he runs away from Jisoo and Hanbin, “Good luck Kim Jisoo! See ya after school. Bye!”.

 

“Yah Kim Bobby!”, Jisoo shrieks trying to catch Bobby who is running away leaving them both.

 

“So you want to know about me, Miss Coke-Stealer?”, Hanbin smirks.

 

“W-what?”, Jisoo turns to look at those brown eyes sharply. Uh, feisty isn’t she.

 

“Ask me. You don’t need to ask Bobby for that”,

 

“I-I… I didn’t say that! Bobby is just making a story!”, Jisoo hisses.

 

“Ah… What a shame”, Hanbin says. Then, he left without saying anything. What did he say?

 

“W-what?”, Jisoo asks loud enough for him to hear. Hanbin turns around and looks at Jisoo with his warm brown eyes.

 

“What is what?”

 

“A s-shame… What do you mean by that?”, Jisoo stutters. She’s still feeling some weird things inside her, every single time she’s looking into Hanbin eyes. Just now, she almost turns away when she saw Bobby is walking with Hanbin. His presence makes something tingles in her. And she hates it.

 

“Yes, it’s just ashame. You seem like a good girl”, Hanbin smirks as he’s watching Jisoo’s frustrated look.

 

“What are you saying?”

 

“It just… If you like me, maybe I’ll think about it. You’re not bad”, Hanbin says as he continues to walk away. Teasing her will be my new hobby. So fun.

“What?!!”, Jisoo huffs in annoyance. He’s a player! Total player! Stop tingling, Jisoo’s stupid heart!!

 

***

 

“Is she crying so much?”, Bobby mutters as he drives slowly. Jisoo’s sitting next to him still sulking. She’s been talking and pinching him all the time. She’s so angry that he’s leaving her alone with Hanbin this morning.

 

“Who?”

 

“Hannah”, Bobby mutters sadly.

 

“Now you remember that you had a girlfriend?”, Jisoo mocks him.

 

Jang Hannah is Jisoo’s older sister, they’re only one years apart. Jisoo’s mother is married with Hannah’s father four years ago when Jisoo and Hannah still in senior high. Hannah is living with her mother, but a few times in a week she will come and visit Jisoo. They had grown extremely close to each other.

 

Meanwhile Jisoo and Hannah try to bond their sisterhood, Bobby who is particularly growing together with Jisoo had start pursuing Hannah since the very first time they met. They have been dating since then.

 

“Stop scolding me already”, Bobby mutter tiredly.

“She cries all night. Maybe I shouldn’t tell her what happen back in the party or about you’re sick and can’t go to college. She’s coming home in a very wrong time and making it so difficult for me”, Jisoo says.

 

“I’m sorry Jisoo-ah”

 

“No need to feel sorry. Just be with her, that’ll make me happy”, Jisoo smiles at her childhood friend, “You’re not fighting with her, right?”.

 

"Uhm…”

 

“You’re fighting”.

 

“D-did she tell you?", Bobby mutters slowly. His hand is busily messing around with his own hair, His nervous habit.

 

"What is it about this time? Why did you like to fight? Unbelievable".

 

"Why?? C-couple tends to fight, right?", Bobby states.

 

"Not really. You both just always fighting", Jisoo says.

 

"Arghhh…", Bobby yells, "It’s difficult Jisoo-ah”.

 

"You should talk to her. My unnie didn't just get mad at you. She always had a reason", Jisoo mutters slowly, "Don't always make her cry, you already know that she is as afraid as you in this relationship. Don't run away, Kim Bobby".

 

"I didn't run away", Bobby says.

 

"Really?", Jisoo asks again, "Then, why just the thought of meeting her mother scared you so much?".

 

"S-she told you!", Bobby exclaims.

 

"She did. Well, she is my one and only sister", Jisoo says as she glares at him, "We told each other everything".

 

"Ah... Sometimes I forget that", Bobby replies clumsily, "W-well... It's just...",

 

"I know, maybe you think that this was too early for you. 22 years old, and I had to get my together so my future mother-in-law will be nice at me", Jisoo grins at Bobby who is staring at her intently.

 

"But you had dating my sister so long, she just wants her mom to accept you, just like her dad do", Jisoo says slowly, "Go meet him. Hannah unnie will be so happy with it".

 

"I know... ", Bobby mumbles.

 

"Her mom won't eat you", Jisoo laughs.

 

"Stop laughing already. I’ll definitely find a way and get all of this done", Bobby hisses angrily.

 

"I know”.

 

“Why are you so certain?”.

 

“Because, you love my sister, right? You’ll definitely find a solution", Jisoo asks him as she looks far away to the horizon.

 

"Hn", Bobby mutters, "Jisoo-ah".

 

“What?”.

 

"Thanks for being here for me. You always know how to lift myself back".

 

"Yup. Thanks accepted", Jisoo says happily.

 

***

 

"Yah! Where have you been?!", Hannah rushes to Bobby as soon as he walks into her room. Her hand punching him lightly as he brought her to his embrace.

 

"Do you know how worried I am?!", Hannah sobs loudly, Bobby is just standing and hugging her.

 

"We're fighting and you're not even contacting me! Then I came here, wishing that I could meet you. But Jisoo said that you're not contacting her too! You're not even go to college. She said you're sick!", Hannah hugs him tightly.

 

"I'm sorry"

 

"I feel so awful, Bobby-ah. What kind of girlfriend I am, you're sick and I don't even know that!".

 

"It was my fault-"

 

"No! It's mine! I-I shouldn't be mad at you for such a little t-thing. I'm so sorry Bobby-ah"

 

"Hannah..."

 

"I'm so sorry that I'm not there when you're sick. When you need me..."

 

Hannah hugs Bobby tightly as they both fall into a long silence. Nobody moves or makes sound. They both know that this is not the end of their problems. They know that they will face something bigger. Something that Bobby tries so hard to covered.

 

"I'm sorry too", Bobby mutter slowly. I'm sorry, noona.