Chapter 4

DARK SUNSHINE

 

Chapter 4

 

 

“What’s wrong?”,

 

“Nothing”, Bobby mutters back as he keeps dragging Jisoo.

 

“What’s wrong with you?”,

 

Bobby doesn’t reply and keeps dragging her along. He goes straight to the front door shocking the hell out of Jisoo. Is he kicking me out?!  He opens the front door and looks at Jisoo. His eyes telling her that he was in a very bad mood.

 

“Go home”, Bobby mutters, shocking Jisoo.

 

“Huh? Are you kicking me out?”, she mumbles, “Why? What did I do wrong?”.

 

“Just go home, Jisoo. I’ll call you later. Okay”, Bobby pushes her out the door. He sprints to the yard calling a taxi nearby.

 

“N-no. Bobby, Soohyun is still inside. I-I can’t go home without her. What’s wrong with you?”, Jisoo asks him with concern. She never looks at Bobby’s eyes all the time he drags him out, but now she’s looking straight at him and his eyes are sparkling brown. His eyes weren’t even brown before!

 

“I’ll get Soohyun. You wait here”, Bobby runs back inside, leaving a complete shocked Jisoo.

 

I’ve known Bobby since we’re little and his eyes are black, not brown! Am I drunk? Or the coke before isn’t a coke?... What the hell is happening here?

 

“Oppa! The party is not over yet!!”, Jisoo heard Soohyun’s voice coming near. Bobby shoves Soohyun inside and close the taxi’s door.

 

“She’s drunk and I thought you too. So, go home and rest, see you at college tomorrow”, Bobby says quickly and left them both. The taxi isn’t far yet when Jisoo could barely hear Bobby’s screaming voice that telling people to get out of the house. Oh, God… What’s happening? What’s wrong with Bobby? Am I drunk?

 

***

 

“Bobby-ah”, Seungyoon holds Bobby’s arms tightly.

 

“No, you can’t!”, Bobby mutters darkly, his eyes are fixed to those brown eyes that looked same like his. His whole body starts to shake wildly.

 

“Bring him to the backyard”, Minho’s stern voice come between the dark aura in the room. Seungyoon and Seunghoon are dragging the completely shaking Bobby out of the room. All the eight peoples in the room don’t even make a sound. After an uproar that Bobby made, the eleven of them gather in the living room. The other people has gone out of the house long time ago.

 

Minho turns to look deep into Hanbin’s sparkling brown eyes. He pats Hanbin’s shoulders.

 

“Congrats”, Minho smiles at him. His voice is covered by Bobby’s scream from the backyard.

 

“What a great way to found out”, Hanbin mutters, his eyes still looking at the completely different Bobby when his mind is completely out of the room. I’m sorry Bobby.

 

***

 

“Chanwoo-shi!”, Jisoo runs towards the groups that Bobby always be with. She calls out Chanwoo as he’s the only one she knew beside Bobby.

 

“Ah… Jisoo-shi”, Chanwoo flinches when he turns around and meets with Jisoo. The other four boys with him stop in their track and looking at her with their sharp eyes.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to startled you”, Jisoo mumbles as she tries to calms herself down. What’s wrong with them? Why are they looking at me like that too?

 

“Yes, it’s okay. What do you need from me?”, Chanwoo smiles warmly at Jisoo making her heart calmer than before. He’s a very nice guy, I should be friend with him.

 

“I’m looking for Bobby. Where is he?”, Jisoo asks worriedly.

 

“Ah… Bobby hyung is… uhm... he’s not going to school today”, Chanwoo mutters, he’s trying so hard to hide things from Jisoo.

 

“Why? Is he sick?”, Jisoo asks.

 

“Bobby is too drunk. He isn’t barely up from his bed”, Jinhwan joins in their conversations.

 

“Really?”, Jisoo asks.

 

“Yes”,

 

“No. He isn’t picking up my call, not even my sister’s call. He never acted like this before”, Jisoo mutters still concerns with Bobby’s well-being.

 

“Relax. He’ll contacting you soon”, Jinhwan says calmly.

 

“Can I come to you guys’ home? I really need to meet him”, Jisso plead them.

 

“No you can’t!”, the young-looking guy, Donghyuk screams loudly, shocking Jisoo and the other guys.

 

“I mean, H-Bobby really need to rest for now on. We’ll tell him that you’re worried”, Donghyuk says, “We’re sorry we’ve class to attend”.

 

All the guys give her a small smile and turns to leave. Chanwoo left behind for a moment, still looking at Jisoo.

 

“I promise to tell Bobby Hyung that you’re worried about him”, Chanwoo says as he still smiling at her.

 

“Okay, thanks a lot Chanwoo-shi”, Jisoo smiles back at her.

 

“Yeah. Hope we will meet and talk more in the future”, Chanwoo says before he runs up to the other guys. Jisoo’s mind is to worried about Bobby and she didn’t even realize that one pair of eyes had set on her since before. Those sparkling brown eyes.

 

***

 

“Jisoo-shi is so worried about you”, Chanwoo mutters as he plops himself on the ground beside Bobby. He looks towards Bobby with sad eyes.

 

“You shouldn’t have stay out here all night. You’ll really get sick, hyung”, Chanwoo says again.

 

“Why…” Bobby mutters darkly, his eyes are fixed to somewhere in the sky.

 

“Hyung…”,

 

Both turn to look at the door and finding Hanbin stands there looking straight at Bobby. Chanwoo can hear clearly how Bobby’s growl deep and angrily at Hanbin.

 

“Bobby Hyung!”, Chanwoo barely hold to Bobby’s arms, preventing him from leaving. But then Hanbin walks near, shocking Chanwoo.

 

“Hanbin Hyung! You can’t go here! Not yet!”, Chanwoo screams desperately.

 

“Let go, Chanwoo-ah”, Bobby mutters as he charges forward to Hanbin.

 

“”, Chanwoo runs behind Bobby to stop him, but it’s too late. Bobby’s fist had come to meet Hanbin face.

 

“YOU CAN’T”, Bobby screams loudly as he keeps punching Hanbin. But Hanbin doesn’t even fight back or retreat. He keeps still and standing there, looking at Bobby’s brown eyes.

 

“Kill me. Because I can’t do what you want”, Hanbin says coldly.

 

“WHAT THE HELL!”, Bobby pushes Hanbin to the ground and keep throwing punches to him.

 

“Bobby hyung! You can’t do this to Hanbin Hyung!”, Chanwoo tries to separate them both.

 

“Go out of this Chanwoo, you’ll get hurt”, Hanbin says but his eyes still looking blankly to Bobby’s eyes, “This is our problems”.

 

“Oh My God. Why am I coming home earlier and alone!”, Chanwoo curses at himself as he runs back at home to make call to the other guys.

 

***

 

“Hyung!!”, Chanwoo runs to the other guys as they’re runs into the house panickly.

 

“Where’re they?”, Minho asks Chanwoo.

 

“B-back there”, he points to the backyard and as soon as that Minho runs leaving the other guys at the porch looking.

 

“Why hyung? I don’t even have any things like you guys and so powerless to separate them both”, Chanwoo mutters sadly. Jinhwan pats Chanwoo’s back to comfort him.

 

“Actually, we felt something weird before. Hanbin just left and said not to meddle with his problem. He cut off the contact and we’re all running home before you call”, Jinhwan explain.

 

“Bobby Hyung and I are just sitting there when Hanbin hyung came and Bobby hyung charged at him madly. I can’t do a thing, hyung”,

 

“It’s okay. It’s completely okay, you’ll soon be strong Chanwoo. No need to be sad”, Jinhwan smiles softly to Chanwoo, the youngest of all.

 

“Now, let’s just wish that Minho Hyung won’t kill them out there”, Jinhwan says as he looks out to the scene in front of him.

 

***

 

“Hyung, Bobby hyung and Hanbin hyung will be sick out there”, Chanwoo voices his thought. They’re currently nestled in the living room eating their suppers when Bobby and Hanbin are still out there, chains up facing each other.

 

“Just eat your food, Chanwoo”, Seungyoon says full with authorities.

 

“Chanwoo-ah. Both of your hyungs need to settle their own problem. They can’t drag it any longer. We’re family and we don’t keep problem forever”, Minho explains to the youngest, “Now eat your food and let them finished their stuff alone”.

 

***

 

“Are you satisfied now?”, Hanbin says, his whole face is bluish because of Bobby’s punches. While Bobby’s face is completely okay but his hand is bleeding so bad.

 

“Why are you not fighting me back?!”, Bobby hisses. He’s still feel the rage inside him but too tired to throw another punch.

 

“It’s your right to be mad at me”, Hanbin says.

 

“Yes! But you should punch me back so this will be fair!”, Bobbys says frustrated.

 

“This won’t be fair. Never”,

 

“What?”,

 

“Because I will not back down”, Hanbin says full with confidence. Bobby is so ready to throw another punch to Hanbin, but he’s too tired for that and just lying on the ground.

 

“You think I can deny this?”, Hanbin asks as he’s looking at the lifeless Bobby.

“You can!”, Bobby screams angrily.

 

“I’ll die Bobby. I’ll die slowly”, Hanbin says coldly. Those words choke Bobby up as he tries to regain himself and sit down to be eye level with Hanbin.

 

“Why it should be her? Why? Why?!”, Bobby cries out as he slumps himself to Hanbin.

 

“I don’t know. But I accept her”, Hanbin whispers tiredly as he heard Bobby sobbing loudly on his shoulder. This will forever be unfair for you, Bobby. I’m sorry.

 

***

 

“How long have you known her?”, Hanbin asks Bobby as them both lying on the ground and looking at the night sky. Bobby had calmed down and started to accept the things that happening here.

 

“Since I was baby”, Bobby replies.

 

“Really?”,

 

“My mom is particularly her mom’s best friend. We’ve been living next to each other since my dad disappear from us. So, I particularly growing side by side with her”,

 

“Your dad didn’t disappear. He helped to save the big families”, Hanbin mutters back.

“I knew. But that’s what my mom believes. Dad disappear when she’s four months pregnant with me, before I met you guys I think that way too”, Bobby mutters sadly.

 

“Your dad is a great man; I believe”.

 

“He is. I know”, Bobby smiles at Hanbin, “I’m sorry for your face”.

 

“It’s okay. It’ll get better soon”.

 

“I have come to my mind right now. I want to tell you that Jisoo is like my own sister. We grow up like twins, she’s so precious to me”, Bobby explains.

 

“I know”.

 

“I wish that you’ll tell her the truth about you, about us. So, that she won’t left out here clueless. I don’t want her to end up like my mom, left alone in this world wishing that my dad will come back. Completely unaware of who he is. I don’t want Jisoo to feel that way”, Bobby mutters.

 

“But I’m afraid too, if she’s to be involved with you, with us. She will live her whole life hiding and trying to stay alive. You see how many of our enemies of our kind out there”, Bobby adds.

 

“I know. I will choose what the best for us both. Did you think that I don’t care about her? I have chosen and accept her”, Hanbin says harshly.

 

“I’m sorry, it’s just-”

 

“I know. For now, I forgive you”, Hanbin mutters as he punches Bobby lightly.

 

“So…”, Bobby mutters awkwardly.

 

“What?”.

 

“How come you figure it out? How does it feel?”.

 

“How?... I don’t clearly remember the details”, Hanbin smirks. Oh, damn, I remember everything clearly.

 

“I hear you. You know that”, Bobby chuckles.

 

“. I forget”, Hanbin blushes red.

 

“So? Is she smell like something? Minho hyung said that the girl will smell so sweet and intriguing”

 

“Why the hell Minho hyung told you that! You’re too early to understand that”, Hanbin hisses in disbelief. What the hell did you do Minho hyung!

 

“Hey! I'm a few months older than you! I supposed to know it too, you know”, Bobby replies quickly.

 

“Yeah whatever. I won’t tell you how she smells, because that’s only for me knowing”

 

“Okay. Okay. Just tell me how did you figure it out”

 

“Well, she was there drinking my favorite coke… Then I smell her”, Hanbin says as his mind drift back to how the both first met.

 

“Drinking your coke?! Well, Jisoo isn’t a drinker. She can’t drink at all. She will go limping all the way home and muttering sweet nothing to everyone she met. She just so crazy”, Bobby laughs out loud. But Hanbin isn’t laughing with him, he sulks angrily as he watches Bobby.

 

“Do you have a dead wish?”, Hanbin mutters darkly.

 

“Eh?! Hanbin-ah, I’m just telling you… Jisoo and I are particularly twins-”

 

“I know that you both felt like twins. But I want to figure out about my girl on my own. You don’t have to mock me in my face that you’ve a relationship with Jisoo, long before I met her. I’m actually holding back myself to not tear your head and body apart”, Hanbin rants angrily at Bobby.

 

“Kay. I won’t do that again”,

“Back to my story, she was drinking my coke and I realize she is the one. I’m on my way to at least charmed her, but maknae decided to walk in on us and screaming that you guys are looking for me”

 

“Seriously?! Chanwoo??”, Bobby laughs out loud.

 

“Thanks”, Hanbin sulks.

 

“Sorry, that was so funny. Chanwoo always decided to walk in when the time isn’t right”.

 

“He did and I will take note on that”, Hanbin mutters as he mentally talking a note. Then they fall into a soothing silence.

 

“So… Congrats for finding your mate, dude”, Bobby smiles cheekily at him.

 

“Thanks a lot”,

 

“Good luck”, Bobby crushes himself to hug Hanbin. It’s better than how I expect.