Hong Jisoo's First Official Date

First date

          In simple words, Jisoo was a perfect gentleman. Stable income, great salary, own apartment in Gangnam, a great family business on the side. Girls gushed over his chic charm, complimenting his looks, his sweet voice, his cooking talent, and his guitar ability. Guys liked his easygoing personality and his decent sport ability. Oh, he was also good with children and parents.

So what was he doing single?

Maybe because Jisoo was never actually had the time to date. Not that he was very busy, he just didn’t put dating on his schedule. He simply enjoyed his life as it was. Hanging out with friends, visiting his parents in LA, playing with his nephews and nieces, going to the countryside. He was liked by everyone and found friends wherever he went, so the need to actually settle down and find a special someone barely crossed his mind.

            Until his old friend Jihoon reminded him about it.

“Jisoo-yah, why don’t you try to date once in a while? You’re already in your late twenties, you know.” He remembered Jihoon told him when they gather that day, celebrating Jisoo’s 28th birthday. Jisoo laughed, never imagining that one day, Jihoon would be the one giving him dating advices. The latter was never a big fan of love and romantic things before, marrying Soonyoung really changed him a lot. (Or in Jisoo’s own words, unleashed his inner cutie pie. He always knew how much of a tsundere his friend is)

Jihoon and Soonyoung indeed looked very happy together, much to everyone’s surprise as they were polar opposites.

            “Well, introduce me to someone then.” Jisoo laughed, eyebrows wiggling. He knew that Jihoon wouldn’t actually have someone to introduce him into. I mean, who did Jihoon knew that Jisoo didn’t? Much to his surprise, Jihoon did knew someone.

“You want me to? Actually, I know someone. His name is Choi Seungcheol…”


Three days after, Jisoo waited for the man Jihoon introduced as “Soonyoung’s hot friend” in a café with Soonyoung. Jihoon promised them that he would rush there after his meeting with his producer but from the look of it, it will only be the three of them that day.

“So, Jisoo.. what made you finally wanted to date?” Soonyoung asked after placing their orders. Jisoo wasn’t that close to Soonyoung, he only knew him as Jihoon’s husband from time to time.

“I didn’t, actually.” He laughed, “Jihoon was the one pestering me about how I should try to date every now and then.”

“Ah.” Soonyoung replied, “So it was Jihoonie. Sorry that he kept bugging you, though.”

“What? No. Soonyoung-ah, you know what? I really like the new him. He’s always been a very cute guy but he somehow tried too hard to keep it hidden.” Jisoo smiled, “Ever since he married you he became somehow… more cheerful? That’s really sweet.” He continued.

Jisoo can see Soonyoung’s cheek tinted pink at his words. Ah, newlyweds.

“Well, I’m glad if you think so, Jisoo-yah.” He grinned, eyes disappearing along the way.

Jisoo had to admit, he is kinda jealous seeing Jihoon and Soonyoung together. They’re not the overly cute couple or the one shoving their romance in people’s faces, no. In fact, they had a very subtle way to show that they really care about each other and there’s beauty in subtlety.

“I hope you’ll like Seungcheol, Jisoo. He’s such a nice guy, and funny too.”

Jisoo smiled, “Really? Tell me more.”

“Well, he’s a hyung at my workplace, a senior by a few years in the company but everyone loved him. He’s very mature and everyone respected him a lot, including me, but sometimes he can be a total dork.”

“A dork? I hope you’re not talking about me, Hosh.” A deep voice interrupted. Jisoo turn his head to see the source of the voice and oh. His eyes were blessed.

“Choi Seungcheol.” He turned to the gaping Jisoo, with hands outstretched and a big, handsome, smile. “Hong Jisoo?” Seungcheol asked as he shook his hands.

“Yeah,”

“Wow. Jihoon isn’t exaggerating about your good look. Nice to meet you.”

A few years ago, if someone told Jisoo his first official date would be with a guy, he wouldn’t be surprised. He was out of the closet and proud.


Soonyoung left after thirty minutes or so, whipping a fat lie about Jihoon asking him to buy eggs or something. Jisoo laughed at his lame attempt to flee smoothly, but he didn’t mind. Who would mind an alone time with Choi Seungcheol? Not Jisoo.

“So, Jisoo. A music store and an architect? Wow.” Seungcheol beamed. When he first saw Jisoo he didn’t think that the younger (wait he is younger that Seungcheol, right? Those complexions can’t be over 25.) would have such a busy life. “And you’re like.. what.. 25?” He added, curious to know the younger’s age.

“I’m 28. And well.. about the shop, it was a family business. It was my grandpa’s, then my dad’s, but since my parents moved to LA a few years back, it’s been handed down to me. I’m happy though, besides, I like music”

“Ooh.. and where do you say your parents moved to? LA? Your life is so interesting, you know. More brownie?” Seungcheol offered as he pick up a slice of brownie for himself. Eyes fixated on Jisoo. The younger chuckled. Seungcheol did look like a fanboy with that big smile of his. Again, not that Jisoo mind.

Jisoo laughed (“I thought it was an angel singing at first.” – Choi Seungcheol, 30)

“My life is just average, you know. You’re the one succeeding at life and, I’m borrowing Soonyoung’s words, madly respected by everyone in the company.” Jisoo added.

That earned a small laugh from the older, “And also dorky.”

“No you’re not. I’m the sad one, apparently, Jihoon thinks that I’m gonna die alone.” Jisoo raised his shoulder.

“No.” Seungcheol replied, eyes staring deep at Jisoo’s.

“What?”

“In the short hour I’ve known you, I am already sure a nice person like you would not die alone.” He added with a little sheepish smile.  “So, Jisoo, mind if I take you out on a date?”

Jisoo laughed shyly, “Aren’t we having a date right now?”

“No. A proper one. No Soonyoung. What about a dinner sometime in the weekend? This weekend?” He suggested

The younger nodded, “I’d love to.” He smiled.

“Great. But uh… you see, mind if I bring my kids along?”


A few years ago, if someone told Jisoo his first official date would be with a guy, he wouldn’t be surprised. He was out of the closet and proud. But if a few years ago someone told him that his first official date would be with a single father of two, who decided to bring his sons along, he would completely laughed it off. Impossible.

But here he was, in one of Gangnam’s best restaurant. Fidgeting on his seat as he saw Seungcheol getting near, with two kids in tow. One of them even looked like he was already 12 or 13, and definitely only half Korean.

“Good evening, I’m Hong Jisoo.” He stood up, bowing to the father-sons group before flashing them a smile.

            Seungcheol had told him before that he had two kids, but Jisoo never thought that they would be this big already. How old was he when he got married, really?

“Good evening, uncle Jisoo. I’m Boo Seungkwan, 5 years old.” The younger one greeted. His chubby cheek painted pink from the cold, he’s smiling widely.

“Ah, please, have a seat,” Jisoo smiled. Helping to pull out chairs for Seungcheol’s kid.

The conversation flew smoothly. Jisoo thanked god Seungcheol had such nice kids, no hostility directed at their father’s date at all, in fact, the maknae was very chatty and he sings a lot too. Hansol, on the other hand, was a bit quiet. But he smiled a lot and is very friendly. Jisoo also noted how Hansol took care of his baby brother; it kinda makes him wonder just how long did their mother passed away for a twelve years old to be this mature and responsible.

“So, Seungkwan, who is your favorite singer?” Jisoo asked

“He liked trot.” Hansol answer, snickering. Seungkwan glared at his older brother. “No I don’t. I like SHINee,”

“What? You liked trot a lot, Seungkwan-ah. Well of course you like SHINee but there’s nothing wrong with liking trot.” Their father chipped in.

“Appa!” The youngest hissed, “trot is not cool.”

Jisoo laughed at the youngest. “It’s okay Seungkwan-ah. Trot is cool too, you know. In fact, I have a ticket to go to Immortal Song’s trot special if you want to go with me.” He raised his brows, smiling at Seungkwan.

“Wha—you do?”

“Of course!”


It was a good night for the Choi family. After seeing Jisoo off, Seungcheol walked with his kids in tow, heading to their parked car. Seungcheol thought that the date was a success. He saw Jisoo laughed and talked a lot with his kids, Seungkwan and Hansol also seemed comfortable with his date. Even Seunghceol himself is a bit surprised by how well his kid accepts Jisoo, he had anticipated for a small hostility,though.

“So how was uncle Jisoo, guys?”

“He’s cool! He knows so much about LA and he even noticed my handmade shirt. He’s also very fun, and easy to talk to.” Hansol beamed (“wait you’re wearing your hand drawn T-shirt?” “Appa, pay more attention.”)

“I like him. He’s very nice and he smiles a lot.” Seungkwan added, ignoring Hansol’s playful comments about Seungkwan only liking him because of the trot concert ticket.

“Well, I’m glad you find him nice and friendly. So I take it you guys are okay if I start dating uncle Jisoo?” Seungcheol asked carefully. Hansol nodded. “I think he suits you well, Appa.”

“I think better.” Seungkwan interrupted, “Appa. You should marry him.”


A/N : okaaayyyy i know seungkwan is older than vernonie but he is so cute as little boy, no? 

and anyway i havent proofread this >///< mianhe~ i'll edit this in the morning. it's almost 2 am here sobs TT_TT