Chapter Two

I Swear

Jimin and Kino sat stiffly on the couch. Jinyoung was sitting in an armchair with Youngjae standing awkwardly at his side. The was a frown on the older boy’s handsome face while the younger just looked uncomfortable.

“So,” Jinyoung began finally breaking the silence. “How long has this been going on exactly?”

Kino cleared his throat intending to answer but stayed quiet when Jinyoung glared at him.

“I am asking Jimin.”

The girl frowned at the tone her oppa used to address Kino. “We’ve been dating for about seven months.”

“Seven months! Jimin how could you not tell me?”

Jimin sighed. “Because I knew how you would react. Oppa, I’m an adult what’s wrong with me dating someone?”

“There is nothing wrong with it Jiminie…I just want to make certain they are worthy of you.”

She softened a bit. “I think Kino is very worthy of me, oppa.”

“I’m sure you do.” He replied obviously holding back a few choice words, trying to avoid an argument. “But regardless bringing him home to your apartment is very risky. What if someone saw you? Pentagon is gaining more popularity these days. The media would like nothing more than to uncover a scandal.”

Jimin frowned but couldn’t deny that Jinyoung was right to be concerned. “We’ll be more careful in the future oppa.”

He nodded, though Jimin could see he was not pleased. “Well anyway get dressed in something more comfortable Jimin we’re here to take you to rehearsal.”

She nodded and went to her room to change. She chose a pair of shorts, and orange sweater, and a pair of sneakers. When she returned she found the boys in the exact same state she had left them in with Jinyoung and Kino staring coldly at each other and Youngjae staring awkwardly into space.

“I’m ready oppa.” Jimin said trying not to roll her eyes at how childish they were all being.

Jinyoung looked up and frowned when he caught sight of the girl’s bare legs.

“Jimin, it’s freezing outside.”

She shrugged. “It’s only a few steps from the van to the building plus my coat goes down to my ankles. I’ll be fine.”

Even as she spoke she headed to her hall closet and slipped into her jacket. Jinyoung sighed in what was probably defeat and headed towards the door Jimin and Youngjae trailing behind him.

“Wait, Jiminie?” Kino had stood up and taken something out of his coat pocket. “I was going to give this to you later but now seems like a good time.”

He pulled out a striped scarf out of a small plastic bag and proceeded to wrap it securely around Jimin’s throat. The girl smiled at her boyfriend’s thoughtfulness.

“Don’t get a cold okay?” He said smiling down at her. He kissed her forehead gently and Jimin felt a sweet warmth spread out all throughout her body.

Jimin.” Jinyoung called out to her a frown set on his handsome face. “We have to go.” When she finally made her way to his side and was halfway out the door he turned to Kino.

“I suggest you wait a few minutes after we’re gone and then leave. Don’t you dare let anyone see you leaving Jimin’s apartment.”

Jimin hit her oppa on the arm, annoyed at the tone he was using with her boyfriend.

“Of course, hyung.” Was Kino’s polite response, though judging by his expression his thoughts were probably a lot less respectful. “I’ll see you later Jiminie.”

Jimin smiled prettily at him and winked. Kino laughed as she stepped through the door.

XxX

Jimin spent the ride over to the Jyp building talking to Youngjae about random things and ignoring Jinyoung’s steady stare. When they arrived at the company Jinyoung pulled the girl aside.

“Don’t be too angry with me Jiminie. You know I just want what’s best for you, don’t you?”

Jimin smiled a little at the sincerity in the boy’s voice. “Yes, of course I know that.” She took his arm and leaned against him. “But you should give Kino a chance. He’s a nice guy. He’s very kind, just like you oppa.”

Jinyoung chuckled and allowed himself to be led to the practice room.

When they arrived most of the artist were already there. Jimin spotted Baek A Yeon, Jae, and Young K sitting on the floor seemingly discussing something important. She walked over to the little cluster and settled at A Yeon’s side. She leaned her head against her slender shoulder. The older girl glanced down at her.

“What’s wrong Jiminie?”

The girl in question merely shook her head. A Yeon frowned.

“We’ll talk later.” It was a statement not a question. Jimin just nodded.

Shortly after the concert’s director came in. She was a slim pretty woman with a rather impressive aura. The room grew quiet as soon as she began to speak. She was explaining the how the practice would run. First, they were to practice their special stages. Jimin looked around and found Yugyeom standing with a few of s. Their eyes met and the girl made his way over to him.

“Want to practice in the dance room on the third floor?” Yugyeom asked as soon as she was in hearing distance.

The girl shrugged. “Sure.”

The pair waved goodbye to their labelmates and took the elevator to the third floor. Since the duo had decided to collaborate for the concert a few months ago they had made that particular practice room their designated place to rehearse. Jimin walked into the room and took off her coat. Usually she would take off her shoes as well but the song that she and Yugyeom had chosen involved choreography, smooth slightly y choreography at that. She winced as she pictured Kino’s reaction. He wasn’t happy about the music video and this performance would probably only add to it.

Across the room Yugyeom was peering curiously at his friend.

“Jiminie, what’s wrong?”

“I’m just thinking about how much Kino is going to hate this performance.”

Yugyeom burst out laughing. “Wait, really? We’re just singing a song.”

Jimin chuckled as she remembered her boyfriend’s adorable pout. “Well he’s also upset about the music video.”

The boy laughed even harder. “Oh, I’m going to bug the hell out of him the next time I see him.”

Jimin shook her head and glared at him.

“Leave him alone Yugyeomie. I think he’s actually upset about it.”

Her friend frowned at that. Yugyeom and Kino were best friends and while he loved teasing the other he obviously didn’t want his friend to be angry with him.

“Don’t worry about it too much though. There’s not really anything we can do about it. We all know that having him in my music video would only draw unnecessary attention. Jinyoung oppa already scolded us for hanging out at my apartment.”

Yugyeom’s eyes went wide. “Jinyoung hyung knows?”

Jimin nodded tiredly. “And Youngjae oppa too.”

.

She laughed though it didn’t sound very happy. “Well I suppose they had to find out eventually. Mark and Jackson won’t care and Bam already knows but Jaebum oppa…”

They both winced as they pictured his reaction.

“Ugh…I can’t think about this now.” She ran a hand through her long hair. “Let’s practice Yugyeomie!”

The boy nodded and the music.

 XxX

Just like he promised Jinyoung Kino waited maybe twenty minutes after they had left to leave Jimin’s apartment himself. He made it to his company without drawing attention to himself and sought out s. They were sitting in their stylist’s studio waiting to be measured and fitted. Kino took a seat next to Yuto and took out his phone scrolling mindlessly through it until he felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked up to see his manager smiling down at him. 

“Come on we have a few things to discuss. Let’s go.”

Kino blinked and turned to look at the rest of s even as he followed his manager out the door. The other boys just shrugged. They obviously didn’t know what was going on either. As he followed the older man he wondered worryingly whether the company had somehow found out about his relationship with Jiminie.

They entered one of the smaller conference rooms and bowed when he saw one of the higher ranked managers as well as another man and girl maybe a few years older than himself. The girl was very beautiful and seemed familiar for some reason. After some thought he realized she was an idol in one of the more recently debuted girl groups. The head manager laughed, presumably at Kino’s nervous expression

“What’s wrong Kino yah? You’re not in trouble don’t worry. We actually have some great news! Hit the stage has reached out to us about your participation on the show.”

The boy’s eyes went wide.

“We said that you would love to take part in it of course. We weren’t mistaken, were we?”

Kino shook his head. Of course, they weren’t mistaken having such a chance to prove himself is all he’d ever wanted. Yugyeomie and Jiminie would be so excited. But that still didn’t explain the girl’s presence. His eyes flickered in her direction and the man continued.

“The theme for this season will be couple dances and Miss Angie Kim here will be your partner.”

Kino merely nodded in response, her being there making perfect sense now. He should have been happy about this and he was but he had a sinking suspicion that Jimin was not going to like this in the least. He plastered what he hoped to be a convincing smile on his face and bowed at Angie.

A jealous Jimin always made for a very unhappy Kino.

XxX

Hey guys so not much happens in this chapter it's really just a set up for the next one where there will be a little drama. If you've read my other fics you know that JJ project are always the over protective oppas in my stories lol That's mostly because I think they would have the biggest problem with Jimin dating in real life because they seem to adore her so much and indulge her from what I've seen hahaha Well she you next time!