oo4.

Better Than An Angel

 

{Kyuhyun}

4:15 pm.

It’s been forty-five minutes and she still isn’t here. I practically ran out of class just to reach this place on time (without being caught by Yesung or Yoona) and now she’s going to make me wait. Maybe I shouldn’t have agreed to go out today. As minutes pass by, I kept walking around in small circles just so I don’t have to stare at an open space like a psycho nor keep my eyes on passers-by like I’m judging every single one of them. I had to stop though, when a pair of heels blocked my leather shoes.

 

“Victoria.” I looked up. She still has the same black and—no, dark brown and bright eyes plus a dazzling smile. After four years.

“Sorry I’m late I had to—“

“No. No, it’s fine. Nice to see you again.”

“Should we go get some coffee?”

“Sure.” I replied without hesitation.

 

 

{Yoona}

Right after the school bell rang, I went immediately to the gate where Kyuhyun usually picks me up. Earlier today, and these past few weeks, I’ve been hearing rumors about Kyuhyun cheating on me. I don’t know which story I should believe, if there are any, but I choose to just figure it out myself since I know him much more than anyone else does.

4:45 pm.

I anxiously kept looking at my wristwatch because Kyuhyun was never this late. The longest time I waited was an hour and it doesn’t get worse than that. He never ditched me either.

 

But I guess he won’t be coming today.

 

Right when I decided to just walk the long way home, it started raining. I tried to dig for an umbrella inside my bag but disappointedly found none. Jessica already left so I can’t ask help from her. This is hopeless.

 

Run. I’m going to run. This is nothing Im Yoona couldn’t handle. It’s just rain. A rain storm. With lightning. On three.

1

2

3

 

I dashed without even thinking of my things. My shoes. My hair. The people who could see me. How drenched and wasted I look like right now. All the whispers and murmurs of everyone around me.

I went on with running but I didn’t even reach halfway of the distance when I got tired and had to slow down. Eventually, I stopped. This may look so funny, the school’s most popular girl alone in the sidewalks, soaked in rain. I just tried not to think about how frustrated and sad I am about Kyuhyun not informing me earlier, leaving me hanging.

 

As I began to quicken up my pace once again, it suddenly stopped pouring. Surprised, I looked up, only to find an umbrella covering me.

“Stupid.” The unfamiliar blonde guy muttered.

“Excuse me?”

“Nothing. You can have this umbrella. I have another one anyway. And don’t forget to dry yourself up when you get home. You smell like—ah I mean you might get sick. You’re welcome.”

I wasn’t able to thank him nor get his name since he abruptly ran away afterwards. People these days are really weird.

 

When I reached my house, I immediately took a shower to get rid of all the dirt and left the umbrella at the porch. Maybe if I bring it to school every day, I could get it back to the owner. Or I could keep it, which will need less effort.

I was about to browse my books and study for next week’s exam when my phone rang. Kim Jongwoon?

“Yesung?”

“Hi,” he paused and at those few seconds I could only hear his frantic breaths.

“If you have nothing to say, I’ll hang up.”

“Wait. I think you have to know about this.”

“About what?” Something in the way he said it made me feel tense.

“You’ve been hearing certain rumors about Kyuhyun, right?”

“Just go straight to the point, Yesung.” I was getting impatient.

“You’re going to believe me okay?  I’m his best friend and I’m with him all the time. Well.. these stories going around are.. true. Not really every thing, I mean, others are modified after being passed on and trust me, I tried to stop him so many times but he just won’t listen. He loves you, really, I just don’t know why he’s so stubborn. This…”

Tears were pooling in my eyes. My vision was getting blurred. I couldn’t bear to listen any longer. He was saying things like this afternoon… Kyuhyun.. ex-girlfriend.. words that pretty much explain it all. I can’t believe that I was too blind to see.

 

 

Is this what I get for risking my heart?

 

Is this what I get after everything?

 

 

{Kyuhyun}

Victoria and I were inside the café when it started raining. We were sipping coffee and having small talk but I did not really pay attention because my mind was clouded with thoughts of Yoona. I couldn’t help worrying about her and wondering whether she got home safely. I am definitely the most stupid person ever. How will I explain this to her? Especially with all the rumors going around, there’s a chance that she won’t believe me. I know I flirt a lot but Yoona is the only girl I am serious with. No one compares to her.

 

 

I love her.

I really do.