fin.

don't make this easy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Heads up,” Jeonghan drawled lazily. “A storm is coming your way.”

Junhui looked up from his plate of food just in time to see Xu Minghao walk through the Great Hall, his robe flowing behind him in a flurry due to how quickly he was walking. The look on his face had everybody walking out of his way almost immediately; most of the younger batch knew not to mess with the Slytherin, especially when he was in one of his famous bad moods. Those older than him didn’t really bother doing anything about it.

There was only one reason why he would end up this way, anyway.

“Wen Junhui,” Minghao hissed, stopping in front of him at the Slytherin table.

Junhui waved a forkful of chicken at him, “hey, Minghao.”

The brunette slammed a hand on the table, effectively causing the plates and cutlery on the table to jump just a little. The other Slytherins surrounding them began to give them their attention, too used by the happenings to worry and too apathetic to care about what would happen. It didn’t affect them, anyway. This sort of scene between the two was more than normal. It was amusing, if anything. Not to the other houses though, who began to disperse.

Jeonghan inched slightly away from Junhui either way, not wanting to risk being dragged into the mess. Minghao had a bad habit of hexing random objects around Junhui when he was mad and he didn’t want to be caught in that crossfire. Especially since the last time they fought (read: Minghao fought Junhui) in the common room, various pillows became snakes and a random 2nd year kid got his homework burned to ashes. It wasn’t a pretty sight.

Once, Minghao made Junhui’s hair blue.

It stayed that way for a few days until everybody began complimenting his blue hair— especially the Ravenclaws, flocking him from every side— while Junhui didn’t really do anything about it. He didn’t see a problem with it himself since he still looked good, much to the annoyance of Minghao who returned it to normal with an angry flick of his wand. He decided to release his wrath on things not directly affecting Junhui, instead, since the latter would usually try and make amends for it.

Either way, Jeonghan would very much like to keep his hair blonde, thank you.

“How many rolls did you write for our Ancient Runes essay?”

Junhui hummed in thought, “probably five. The minimum was three, but things couldn’t really be contained in just three rolls of parchment, you know? So I made it five—“

“So I’m writing around seven,” Minghao declared to no one in particular, leaning back from the table to calculate his thoughts. He glared at Junhui after a few seconds, eyes sharp, “this time I’m getting a higher grade than you for sure. There is no way I won’t.”

Junhui nodded at him, “of course, Minghao.”

Beside them, Jeonghan couldn’t hold back a snort, which didn’t go unnoticed by Minghao. So much for not getting dragged into the mess. The latter whipped his head to face the blonde, steely eyes practically glaring daggers at him. Jeonghan smiled teasingly at him, holding up two hands as if to say he was innocent, but Minghao barked out a harsh “what’s that supposed to mean, Yoon Jeonghan?” to the ever teasing older boy.

“I’m just saying,” Jeonghan said, knowing he was getting on Minghao’s nerves by now. He figured now that he was already in the mess, might as well go all the way. “You’ve been at it with Junhui since first year. He’s been getting better grades for years. It’s nothing new. Why are you so worked up—“

“Why am I so worked up?”

Minghao jabbed a finger at Junhui’s general direction. The latter blinked back at him innocently, wondering whether or not he would have the time to finish his plate of food. That, and whether Minghao had any plans on eating dinner or not. He really should, he’s been so skinny lately. Minghao glared at him instead. “This is the reason why I’m so worked up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter