Jealous

To Feel (From Mirth to Misery)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungri sits at the back of the practice room, lungs squeezing and sweat slopping from his forehead. His eyes are locked on Jiyong’s dancing form, fluid and energetic and expressive and… miles better than Seungri.

It isn’t fair. Jiyong excels at rapping, singing, composing, leading and dancing too… Dancing is Seungri’s thing. Can’t he have at least that? If Jiyong can do everything, what is the use of Seungri?

As he watches, jealousy creeps into his heart, a bitter ball of discomfort that swells.

“Enjoying what you see?” Seunghyun slides next to him on the bench and Seungri responds with a hum he hopes doesn’t sound spiteful. “He’s good at everything, isn’t he?”

“Yeah.”

“Did you know Jiyong used to be in a dance group when he was seven? Called Little Roora or something. They were a hit.”

Seungri raises his eyebrows. He hadn’t heard about this. It makes his treasured gold title of Gwangju’s Star Dancer that he worked so hard for feel tarnished and tacky.

The song ends and Jiyong saunters tiredly towards them, fanning the heat of his worked-up body with his t-shirt. He collapses onto the bench with them and grabs a bottle of water to gulp it down.

“I was just telling Seungri about your Little Roora days,” Seunghyun says.

Jiyong laughs. “Oh, that was like, a century ago. I can’t remember half of it.”

“But you guys were pretty popular, yeah?”

A smile unfolds on his face, reminiscing his times. “Well… maybe a little. But why did you bring that up?”

“Maknae Seungri here was so fixated on your dancing, and I just suddenly remembered about it.”

The leader turns to Seungri, eyes glittering. “Fixated on me, huh?”

“You’re so good, hyung. You’re extraordinary.” You’re perfect. You’re amazing at everything. You’re everything I want to be.

He chuckled bashfully. “That’s… Thank you, maknae-yah. Thanks.”

Ruffling the younger’s hair, Jiyong lets the smile linger on his face. To top it all off, he is handsome too, Seungri thinks. His smile in return is half-forced, half-genuine and his insides clench with as much jealousy as attraction.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter