Chapter 3 - Make Me Love You

Almost Some Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Authors' Note:

Nobu: Vote for Hyoyeon so she can be nominated for a MAMA here: http://mwave.interest.me/en/mmusicchart/result

That is all lol. Also ignore silly's whining. Angst 4 life.

Silly: to the hyofany fans out there hang in there. Nobu is a meanie. Hyofany for life!1!!1!

 

Also, disclaimer: As everyone should know (I mean its kind of obvious) this is a fanfiction. Anything written here in no way represents our sentiments about 0930, or puts blame on either party or outside individual for the way things turned out.

 

CHAPTER 3 - MAKE ME LOVE YOU

 

Emerging from the guest room, the first thing to greet Jessica was Hyoyeon laid front down on the sofa, staring at her back lit phone screen like a sad puppy as she scrolled through her messages to Tiffany. The haphazard way Hyoyeon ran her fingers through her blonde locks and gripped at the ends signalled the raging emotional storm within her.

 

Hyoyeon sent off one more message that was filled with sincere regret and apologies to her girlfriend, knowing full well that Tiffany would probably ignore that one too. Still the dancer hoped. She stared intently at the screen and whined as the word "read" popped up above the message she just sent. Hyoyeon buried her face into the sofa cushion, her arm dangling on the side in defeat. Then shortly after she was staring at her phone again, flipping through images of her and Tiffany with a frustrated pout, her right cheek squished adorably against the sofa cushion.

 

Jessica squinted her eyes to try to see if Hyoyeon was perhaps wagging an invisible tail and laughed at her own silly attempts.

 

“Go shower Hyoyeon-ah, you stink.” Jessica plopped onto the free spot on the gray sectional, and reached for the remote on the chestnut coffee table. Hyoyeon yelped as the weight of Jessica’s bottom bent her foot in an odd angle. The storm within her momentarily ended, her attention now drawn to the brunette.

 

“Yah! And who’s fault is this?” Hyoyeon playfully jabbed her toe into Jessica’s side. Jessica winced and rubbed away at the pain emanating from the spot on her jean covered thigh, soon throwing a pillow in Hyoyeon’s direction with her other hand.

 

“Arasso, arasso. Mianhe but you really stink.” Jessica pinched her nostrils shut, exaggerating the extent of Hyoyeon’s eau de musk and began to shoo the girl away with her foot.

 

Hyoyeon flinched and curled up away from the violence being unleashed upon her, and kneaded the place Jessica’s surprisingly sharp toenails had prodded into, “Clip your toenails first!”

 

Jessica gasped, feigning offense and lifted Hyoyeon’s arm pit up, “The only violent thing here is how bad you smell.”

 

“...Fine.” Hyoyeon laughed warmly, “But go heat up some food in the fridge. I have some ingredients prepared for dinner before... ”

 

Hyoyeon’s throat suddenly had become dry, as if a gust of cold air washed over the walls of . The words became harder to find every time she remembered what the night could have been for her and Tiffany. Realizing the change in Hyoyeon’s voice, Jessica smiled sadly. She stood up and took a hold of her friend’s hand, tugging her along towards the bathroom.

 

In addition to getting rid of the awful stench of stale, dried off rain water, sweat and expensive perfume, Jessica had tons of reason to scurry Hyoyeon off to the bathroom. How else would Tiffany be able to surprise Hyoyeon? And how else would she feel a little less guilty for ruining their night together if she had to continue to witness the blonde being so sulky? Giving the two a chance to reconcile was the least she could do for her best friends. Jessica couldn't count the number of times Hyoyeon dropped almost everything for her. Sometimes she thought that Hyoyeon deserved a better friend.

 

“Leave it to me. I promise I won't burn anything.” Jessica placed her hands on her hips and nodded confidently.

 

A look of terror overcame Hyoyeon’s features, “Just no tuna sandwi—”

 

And with that Jessica slammed the door shut, a grin plastered across , “Tuna sandwiches huh? No problem Hyoyeon. I know it's your favorite.”

 

A loud groan of defeat could be heard in response.

 

______________


 

“Where is she...” Hyoyeon switched on the kitchen lights, perplexed as to why Jessica had turned them off and saw an open box of pizza. Hyoyeon raised an eyebrow. A slice was missing.

 

Hyoyeon wondered if Jessica was perhaps on the porch, munching mindlessly on the missing piece of the pie. She turned around to walk to the back door and nearly jumped at the sight of the girl she thought wanted nothing to do with her after tonight.

 

“Tell Jessica she should order from a different place. The crust kind of .” Tiffany was sitting on top of the marble top island, aimlessly swinging her feet as she chugged down a cold beer.

 

“W-When did you get here...?” A ball of saliva slowly made its way down Hyoyeon’s utterly dry throat. Hyoyeon could feel her heartbeat revving loudly against the walls of her chest, the sound making her even more embarrassed because she swore Tiffany could hear it too. In the midst of the shock however, the dancer was glad to know that the object of her affections was safe. Hyoyeon was never one to initiate physical affection, but when it came to Tiffany the impulse to just run over to her and shower her with kisses was stronger than her need to look cool.

 

And just as she was about to do that, the disappointed smile that crossed her girlfriend's face not just made her second guess her actions, but also broke her heart.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”


Silence.

 

Hyoyeon had a reason. She had a good reason for missing tonight but why couldn’t she bring herself to tell Tiffany that she just wanted to help her friend out? Jessica was both their friend.

 

“Jessica is my friend too, in case you forgot.” Tiffany hopped off the counter and opened up the fridge to find another can of beer, “Or maybe, she’s my friend but not yours? At least,” Tiffany scoffed as she took hold of a can and cracked open the tin, the liquid fizzing, “At least not in the platonic sense."

 

Tiffany intended to just pretend she was angry and teach the girl a little lesson, yet somehow these words were spilling from the depths of her heart, from the core of her insecurities and now, she had no way of stopping them. It was as if seeing Hyoyeon in the flesh made her emotions all the more justified - her hurt was real, her suspicions were real and they definitely couldn’t be painted over with humour anymore. She trusted Hyoyeon and Jessica, but the way Hyoyeon had lied to her made her doubtful of even that. Even witnessing Hyoyeon's efforts was ineffective in quelling her anger, and so these words flew out of like vomit, without restraint.

 

“Fany-ah, whatever you’re thinking it's not what it seems."

 

Tiffany chuckled incredulously, "So then why did you need to lie to me?"

 

"I didn't lie Fany-ah." Hyoyeon retorted, increasingly becoming defensive.

 

Tiffany shook her head in disbelief, "Withholding the truth seems to be eerily similar to lying don't you think?"

 

Hyoyeon gritted her teeth together, eyes darting around the room as if to look for help. She chewed on the inside of her cheek and took a careful breath before speaking softly, "I didn't think I would end up being that late."

 

Tiffany frowned at Hyoyeon, her eyes cold, "Do you remember when I asked if you wanted to go see Taeyeon's concert with me? The concert was on our anniversary so I thought you would say yes for sure, but you said you couldn't because you had plans." Tiffany chuckled to herself bitterly, "I thought your plans had something to do with our anniversary but then I find out from Sica that you planned to go with her instead. Doesn't that sound like a lie to you?"

 

Tiffany's eyebrows furrowed. Unable to look at Hyoyeon for a second longer, she turned away from the blonde who was pinned in place by Tiffany's truthful words. She took another few deep gulps of alcohol and wiped her lips with the back of her hand. She tossed the empty tin into the sink lazily and opened up the fridge for another can. As she grabbed the beer, she eyed the pink box sitting in the middle shelf of the fridge. Curious, she lifted the lid a little and caught a glimpse of the white cake laying in it, the writing 'Happy anniversary' scribbled in pink icing. She scanned the contents of the fridge and saw a variety of dishes ready to be eaten as well as a few ingredients pre-cut and assembled, ready to be cooked. They were all Tiffany's favourites. Tiffany in her bottom lip, her shoulders relaxing. She began to think she was going a little overboard.

 

It wasn't like Hyoyeon forgot.

 

"Fany-ah," Hyoyeon walked up behind her and cautiously took hold of her hand, tugging at it softly, "Please, it's really not what it seems like."


Hyoyeon didn't forget and thats what made it all worse.

 

Tiffany could feel her anger resurfacing.

 

Hyoyeon remembered and still chose Jessica over her.

 

Seemingly apathetic, Tiffany closed the fridge and stopped in her tracks. She yanked her hand away from Hyoyeon weakly as the realization voided her of her remaining strength. She turned slowly to eye Hyoyeon, eyes glistening with moisture as she struggled to restrain the anger bubbling within her. The words that came out of Hyoyeon’s mouth registered as a string of excuses, all of which Tiffany was rapidly growing tired of. The more she pictured herself pining after Hyoyeon, the angrier she became at herself for being so dumb as to let this supposedly one-sided relationship continue.

 

“Put yourself in my shoes. What does it look like you’re doing?”

 

Again, silence.

 

Tiffany searched Hyoyeon's eyes, hoping that her girlfriend would put her mind at ease but nothing, not a word. In a perfect world, Hyoyeon could gently pull her towards her and plant a sweet, soft kiss on her alcohol tainted lips and she would forgive her but this was not a korean television drama. Things were not always easily black and white, and with the way Hyoyeon’s lips tightened into a thin line with her eyes fixated towards the floor, Tiffany had all the answers she needed.

 

The disappointment weighed heavily on Tiffany, breaking her heart into tiny, glass pieces. The tears her ego had forbidden from unleashing, now flowed down her flushed cheeks unabashedly with no regard for how pitiful she might have seemed. As she rubbed away at the streaks, Tiffany smiled painfully, her voice quivering, “At least be honest with yourself, if not with me Hyoyeon-ah.”

 

And with those words she was gone, taking with her Hyoyeon's hopes that their relationship could continue.

 

 

 

—————————

 

 

The gentle humming of the engine. The cold night spring air, brisk enough with old man winter’s touch. The leathery surface of the rough rubber in her hands.

 

The minute details here and there grabbed at Jessica’s wandering mind, or at least, Jessica tried to make these nuances more interesting than they should have been. Despite her attempts to clear her thoughts, It didn’t take much for Jessica to dive deep into her worries once more. Tyler, Taeyeon, Hyoyeon, Tiffany. It had been three years since Jessica had left, but she was tangling her fingers into problems she should have left behind.

 

“Damn it all.”

 

Reaching for the dashboard, Jessica went to turn on the radio. Her finger recklessly slipped against the glass screen, hurrying to hear the first song that would keep her worries at bay.

 

Make me love you—

 

Jessica jammed her finger against the off button firmly, her molars grinding against each other lightly in agitation. Why did it have to be her voice, her song, of all songs.

 

So into her thoughts she went. She would meet her there anyway.

 

She worried immensely about so many things, all of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter