Untitled (Eunjin x Chaeyeon x Yebin)

DIA drabbles and one-shots

Pairing: ChaeJin, ChaeBin (and BaekJin if you squint)

Length: 763 words

 

Eunjin isn't sure how she got to this point. She isn't sure if she even got there at all, maybe it's just where she's always been, from the very beginning. And it's not a place she particularly enjoys being in. Being in love. The mere concept of that sentence makes her uncomfortable, and to try to sink in the idea that that's happening to her, makes her basically want to crawl into a hole and stay there until it goes away.

Eunjin is in love with Chaeyeon.  But then again, everyone is in love with Chaeyeon.

That might or might not be part of the problem.
 

Eunjin laughs at the thought because how can they be in love with her?

At first instance she tries to shake the thought away —before it leads to more conflicting, potentially depressing ones, by answering her own question with yet another one. How could anyone not be in love with her?

It seems perfectly reasonable in her head, self-sufficient and wonderfully convenient. But the first question still wanders inside her head, pulling all the nerve-wracking strings. Bringing her selfish side to the surface. How can they be in love with her? They don't know her. Not like she does.
Eunjin bitterly laughs again because she remembers that that's not much.

 

Eunjin sometimes hates herself. And not because of all the reasons why Jung Chaeyeon would never fall for her, out of all people. But because she was selfish and envious.
It's true, they don't know Chaeyeon the way she does. But Eunjin's painfully come around the idea that she doesn't know Chaeyeon the way Yebin does.
Being selfish and envious were some horrible qualities, being selfish for and envious of your two best friends was beyond outrageous. Eunjin doesn't know what to do with herself anymore.

Eunjin loves Yebin to death, she's certain she's loved her since the moment Heehyun brought her into the practice room and introduced her, and she smiled so big to everyone, and let out some ridiculously goofy remarks that had all of them laughing. Eunjin remembers every detail of that day, including the way Chaeyeon's eyes sparkled at the sight of Yebin.

 

But Eunjin understands. Chaeyeon's always been shy, and lot more back then. And Yebin has this incredible, admirable easy-going quality that instantly makes you feel comfortable, and warm, and in family. Eunjin understands, because she herself tends to be shy, at least when it comes to strangers. She's never been really good at making new friends. That's yet another thing Eunjin envies of Yebin, the same reason why she's loved her since minute one, for making her feel comfortable enough to be herself —her weird, remarkably-far-from-shy self.
It occurs to Eunjin now, if it hadn't been that easy for her to love Yebin, her heart would have hurt nearly as much as it hurts now. It was the first time it broke, after all. But Eunjin only realized that not too long ago.


 

Eunjin thinks Chaeyeon is beautiful. But then again, everyone thinks Chaeyeon is beautiful.
Eunjin thinks Chaeyeon is the most beautiful. And thinks she's the most beautiful when she wakes up in the morning and her hair is a mess, and she hasn't even opened her eyes completely when she starts walking and stumbles.
Eunjin misses being the first person to see Chaeyeon waking up, and she misses being the first person that Chaeyeon sees when she wakes up.

Eunjin also thinks Chaeyeon is the most beautiful when she smiles. And she knows it's cliché, and trust her, she hates saying it. But Eunjin truly thinks Chaeyeon has the most beautiful smile in the entire world. And she would do anything to make it show up on her face.
Chaeyeon doesn't notice, or maybe she does and chooses to ignore it, that Eunjin does all these silly things to make her smile.

Chaeyeon is generally oblivious, everyone knows. But Eunjin wonders how could she not notice, when for a long time they were sticking together like glue. Chaeyeon did not notice, or maybe she did and chose to ignore it, that the way Eunjin looked at her was different from the way she looked at everyone else.

Maybe Chaeyeon truly did not realize. Because she was so used to people looking at her like she hung all the damn stars in the sky.

But Eunjin loves the way the corners of Chaeyeon's lips turn upwards, and the way Chaeyeon's nose wrinkles, and the twinkle in Chaeyeon's eyes when she lets out that goddam silly and beautiful laughter of hers.

_____________________________________________________________________

This is actually a raw draft that I've had for a long time now and I just suddenly felt like posting it, even though it's not finished. So yes, this story MIGHT be continued, because I love ChaeJin and this type of angst suits them so well and it hurts but ugh. I'm just struggling to shape up the actual plot and therefore to come up with a title, and well, to write dialogues as usual.

The "Eunjin misses being the first person to see Chaeyeon waking up, and she misses being the first person that Chaeyeon sees when she wakes up." line refers to the fact that 97 line used to be roommates during debut era (none of them share a room with each other anymore :().

 

Anyway, remember you can request any DIA pairing you like (it can be with someone from another group) and/or a scenario, and I can't promise anything but I will try to write it for you. Just don't expect me to write a lot of CatChae because tbh I don't really see them as a romantic couple? lol and also there are plenty of stories about them already, this collection is actually meant to provide stories about different DIA ships because all that CatChae everywhere is getting boring.