Propose (Chaeyeon x Yebin)

DIA drabbles and one-shots

Pairing: ChaeBin

Length: 405 words

 

Chaeyeon was chewing on one of the last baked potatoes left on her plate and Yebin, in front of her, was giving a sip to her half-full glass of Sprite when both pairs of eyes started following the waiter’s figure.

The two girls had just received their first salary - just above the minimum wage, and they had decided to invest it in... food, basically. As it could not be otherwise - literally, Chaeyeon would have liked to spend it on a DKNY store, but she would barely have enough for one sweater anyway and, in addition, she and Yebin had agreed that their first salary would be destined to doing an activity together. Eating was a good activity.

"Why are they drinking champagne?" asked Chaeyeon, envious, as the waiter gave the glasses with the bubbling liquid to a family that was sitting a few tables from them. "I want champagne," she complained, pursing her lips in a small pout. Yebin had also observed the scene, she wanted to have the fancy drink too. It was true that Yebin didn’t really like drinking, but champagne was a whole separate story. Who in their right mind would reject a glass of champagne? Chaeyeon and Yebin certainly would not.

The contemplation of the scene by the two friends was not interrupted, rather the opposite, when the lucky and probably wealthy family gave place to a toast with the sophisticated glasses along with some 'happy birthday' cheers. At that time, Yebin’s eyebrows raised subtly, and her upper lip made this tiny gesture that to anyone else would have gone unnoticed, but with Chaeyeon it betrayed her. The slightly younger girl looked intently at her friend while her fingers reached for her glass.

"You're planning something. Spit it". She ordered before bringing the Coca-Cola glass to her lips.

"You should propose to me". The eldest stated.

Chaeyeon had to cover with her left hand to not spit the liquid that she forced herself to swallow abruptly, or even worse, her freaking heart. "What?!"

"You should totally pretend to propose to me," her best friend said. "We can see if someone in the restaurant gives us free drinks. People love it when stuff like that happens.”

Chaeyeon’s stomach twisted. She couldn’t even tell Yebin that she liked her, let alone propose - fake or not. "Why am I the one proposing? You do it. It was your idea."