When did silence become so loud?

Painting Silence

Author's Note:

Thank you to everyone who read the first chapter ! I hope you all can continue to support my work and grow as Exo'Ls together (: AND ARE YOU READY FOR EXO'S COMEBACK ? MY HEART CAN'T HANDLE IT!! <3 


 Enjoy the chapter! 


"Be careful, it's hot." Baekhyun said as he placed the kitten designed mug on the table, Chanyeol cocked his head and shot Baekhyun a questioning look at the mug's design, but all Baekhyun did was shrug and let out a small "Hm". Baekhyun likes his kitty mugs to much to care about being judged. 

They ended up coming back to Baekhyun's cosy house since Chanyeol someone thought that there was actually a cafe in this area, they sat across one another at the small table Baekhyun had, for the giant it was a tight fit, his knees hitting the underside of the table and legs crossing over into Baekhyun's personal space. The two sat in silence as they sipped on their tea (because Baekhyun is a serious tea addict) until Chanyeol couldn't bear it anymore, "WHY DID YOU MOVE TO THIS PLACE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE?" he asked knowing he was prying, "I liked the fact it was in the middle of nowhere, the city is too noisy for my liking honestly. What are you doing here though, why did you come to a place like this?" Baekhyun redirected. 

Chanyeol reached into his bag and took out his camera and a notebook, he opened the book and there between the worn pages were photographs he took with some scribbles next to them, Baekhyun stared intensely for awhile before asking "Are these lyrics?" pointing to the scribbles, Chanyeol nodded. "I'M A FINAL YEAR UNIVERSITY STUDENT, I NEEDED A SHORT GETAWAY." he added " WHO KNEW I WOULD MEET YOU HERE.". The tips of Baekhyun's ears turned a visible shade of red, to which Chanyeol noticed, but decided in best interest to not mention, Baekhyun reached over and slid Chanyeol's notebook closer to him and began humming a tune, Baekhyun was so immersed in it, that only the sound of a 'click' brought him out of his own world, which left a Chanyeol there holding his camera, caught red handed, he smiled awkwardly, ready for Baekhyun to scream at him, to Chanyeol's surprise, Baekhyun just continued to hum. "I WON'T PUBLISH THIS ANYWHERE." Chanyeol ensured. They continued their small talk and tea sipping.

The night had long sunken in without them realising, and Chanyeol had missed the last bus back to the city (of course he did *rolls eyes*) "I have an extra futon in closet" said Baekhyun, "I'll get you a pair of pyjamas too." while Baekhyun went to get things ready, Chanyeol just sat there quietly, thoughts running wild in his head, oh god I'm staying over, I'm going to wear his clothes, why do I feel so nervous, AHHH CHANYEOL SNAP OUT OF IT, you're just sleeping on the floor and you'll be gone by morning. "Erm.. yeol, I got the things, why are you spacing out?" Baekhyun handed him the pair of pyjamas, "NOTHING, I'LL GO USE THE TOILET NOW!" Chanyeol blurted, "FFJDKFJ" he also stubbed his toe. Baekhyun didn't think twice and started setting up the futon, laying it next to his bed, meanwhile Chanyeol had taken his shower and tried on the pyjamas, he walked out of the bathroom and into Baekhyun's line of sight, "Hahahaha! I didn't think it would be that ridiculous on you, those were the largest I had!" Baekhyun laughed. The pants looked like capris on him and the hem of the shirt ended just above Chanyeol's belly button, showing a little too much of his toned muscles, and sleeves that accentuate his guns, which Baekhyun secretly stared at (Wasn't actually so secretly), Chanyeol couldn't hold the blush, he ran and hid himself under the pastel coloured blanket, which wasn't able to completely cover him, leaving his feet protruding. Baekhyun had resume his laughter and started tearing up while slapping his together like a seal on the bed, "STOP LAUGHING ! IT'S EMBARRASSING." and "BAEKHYUN STOPPPP" was all Chanyeol said for a good 5 minutes, trying to make Baekhyun stop laughing.

All that laughing had made Baekhyun yawn, and Chanyeol was tired of being embbarassed, so the lights were turned off and goodnights were said. Chanyeol laid there looking up at the ceiling for what seemed like forever before he heard some rustling sounds from the bed beside him, "BAEKHYUN, ARE YOU STILL AWAKE?" Chanyeol asked, Baekhyun popped his head over the edge of the bed like how a child would.

"Yea, you too can't sleep hmm?"

"YEA... BAEKHYUN, YOU KNOW... YOU HAVE A REALLY nice voice." Chanyeol's voice softens at the end.

 "Really what?" Baekhyun unable to hear what the giant had said. 

"NICE voice" Chanyeol repeated. 

"Nice what??? " 

"NICE VOICE, YOU HAVE A NICE VOICE AND I REALLY LIKE IT. Oh ." Chanyeol slapped his hand over his mouth. 

"Thanks, I've never really heard myself sing, well I can't, I barely hear myself speak..." Baekhyun admitted. 

"UM YEAH... IT'S NICE. I CAN HEAR YOU AND IT'S ONE OF THE PRETTIEST VOICES I'VE HEARD" 

"Maybe I'll try singing one day, it's late yeol." Baekhyun yawns. 

"ONE MORE THING BAEKHYUN, BEFORE YOU SLEEP." 

"What is it yeol?" 

"CAN I SLEEP NEXT TO YOU? IM FREEZING DOWN HERE, THE BLANKET CANT COVER MY FEET." Chanyeol made sure to put on the puppy eyes. 

Baekhyun lifts the edge of his blanket signalling Chanyeol to get under it too, which he jumped on the oppurtunity, bringing up the blanket Baekhyun gave him as well. He snuggles under the warm covers, wary of intruding Baekhyun's space, however it can't be helped due to the sheer size of this giant. The bed was small, and Baekhyun could feel himself slowly sliding off, he had two choices, he would have to hang on to either the edge of the bed or chanyeol in order not to fall off. 

He instinctively hung on to Chanyeol, surprising the soul out of the giant, "S-s-sorry, I was falling off." Baekhyun apologised and tried to put some distance between them, Chanyeol was slow but he was no fool, he reached his toned arms around Baekhyun and pulled him into a tight embrace, "It's alright, this way you wont fall off." Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun, with the moonlight highlighting his cresant eyes and warm smile, he also decided to throw a leg over Baekhyun for good measure. Baekhyun hid his face under the covers, trying to control his breathing and heart rate, when was the last time he felt his heart flutter like this? Baekhyun asked himself. 

A long, long time ago was the only answer he had.