five

IF I STAY GAY

I didn’t expect Jennie’s friends to be walking with us.

I’m actually happy that I got to hang out with them again.

I missed Lisa’s arm slung over my shoulder.

“If there’s anyone you should be dating in our group, it should be me, Rae,” Jisoo says.

“The unnie,” Rosé says while laughing.

“Well it’s because we’ve know each other since she came to our school!” Jisoo says.

“I’ve known Mina for like since we were kids but we aren’t dating,” I tell them.

“That’s very depressing,” Lisa says with a cute pout.

They know about the deal between me and Jennie.

They said, whatever it is between me and Jennie, stays between us.

So whenever we hang out together it’s just like we’re friends hanging out.

“Maybe because you never told her,” Jennie says.

“Well I don’t think she would like me back even if I told her, and might even stay away from me after knowing,”

“You’re so scared to lose her,” Jennie says.

“But what if she likes Rae too but couldn’t say it because they think the same?” Rosé asks.

“If she does, she would’ve told Rae already when she came out the night after the date with Nini,” Jisoo says.

“But Rae just had a fun date with Nini,” Lisa says.

“The real question is: does she like me?” I say.

“It’s just a scenario, Rae,” Rosé says. “But the answer to your question: there is a big possibility.”

“True,” Lisa agrees. “She cares for you more than a best friend should.”

“But since you guys grew up together it could just be sisterly love,” Jisoo adds.

“Which is why it’s only a possibility,” Jennie concludes.

It had me speechless, because they’re actually very observant.

But mostly shocked because they just continued each other’s sentences.

Telepathy is real.

“Anyway, we separate here. See you guys tomorrow!” Rosé says and bids her goodbye.

&&&

“You can cook?” I ask in amusement.

Jennie is currently cooking spaghetti sauce while the pasta is getting boiled.

“Yeah, basic meals,” she answers while putting in ingredients.

“Spaghetti isn’t that basic,” I tell her, in which she only shrugs.

Jennie lives alone in some pretty chic apartment.

Jisoo mentioned before that Jennie’s parents lives overseas.

I know the basic facts about Jennie way before because of Jisoo.

Jennie is my happy crush after all, it should be natural to ask.

“Has Jisoo mentioned me even way before she introduced me?” I ask.

“Yep, but we don’t really pay much attention to whoever she mentions because she’s somewhat miss friendly. But she’s so fond of you she just had to introduce you to us,”

“Maybe because we have a lot in common.”

“Yes,” she agrees.

“Why is she hanging out with you guys when you seem all cold and grumpy when she could actually be friends with anyone?”

She chuckles and pours the tomato sauce in the pan.

“Jisoo may be a little dumb but she isn’t dense. She knows when she’s used or taken for granted, that’s why she hangs out with us, the cold and grumpy but sincerely honest folks.”

I felt that too when I started hanging out with them, like they’re all just carefree and limitless with expressing.

“Has Mina cooked for you before?” she asks while placing the plates with spaghetti on the dining table.

“She can’t cook.”

She sits down beside me and nods.

“Anyway, have you called your mom?” she asks.

“No, so excuse me for a while.”

&&&

“She was like: ‘even stay there tonight if she wants you to’,” I tell her, quoting a dialog from my mom earlier during our phone call.

“Wow, your mom’s pretty hyped,” Jennie says with a smile. “So, do you want to stay the night?” she asks.

“We have classes tomorrow, I think it’s a bad idea.”

“But your mom’s totally fine about it,” she tells me. “Change into something comfortable with my clothes while I do the dishes, then we go out to buy toiletries.”

She used a very authoritative tone so I could only agree.

We stand up and she ushers me in her room, grabs a shirt and a pair of shorts.

“Come out after,” she says and exits.

I can’t help but compare her to Mina.

Jennie knows what she wants to do, she has plans laid out. Mina on the other hand, is very indecisive.

They’re very different.

Finally done with changing and comparing them, I go out of the room to see Jennie wiping her hands.

“You look good in my clothes,” she says with a smirk.

I feel something in my stomach… digestion?

“Thanks,” I reply shyly.

“C’mon,” she tells me while grabbing her house key in the process.

“Why did you choose me as your girlfriend?” I ask her once we’re out of the house.

She holds my hand and we start walking.

“I was joking back then in the convenience store and until we got back to school. But when I saw you by the lockers, you seemed very empty and lonely. Then I realized, you’ve been loving but was never loved back.”

“I am loved, but not the way I want her to.”

“That’s why I insisted this,” she tells me, intertwining our fingers. “You deserve it too you know, the love you give.”

“We just met like a week ago and you seem to know me better than myself.”

“You’re a and so transparent that’s why you’re pretty easy to read and your best friend is like so ing dense she couldn’t see through you.”

“It’s a perfect match for destruction then.”

“Definitely,” she agrees. “I know you even way before because we’re in the same year and through Jisoo, you probably know me so well too,” she says, then winks.

Oh , Jisoo.

“We’re here,” I tell her even though it’s obvious just so she would drop the topic.

“Who’s your happy crush?” she asks smugly.

“ you,” I say once we enter the store.

“Yes, me,” she replied ily.

Why is it so hot in here?

“Buy some underwear because I’m guessing you’re so wet right now,” she whispers.

I transform into super saiyan and punch her lightly on the arm.

&&&

We’re now in her bed doing our assignments.

We ended up buying not just my toiletries but groceries for one week too.

“If you weren’t skipping classes we’d probably be classmates,” I tell her while staring at her work.

“Skipping is too fun, can’t help it.”

“If it weren’t for Mina though we’re probably classmates.”

Mina helped me a lot with my studies, if it wasn’t for her, I probably flunked in life.

Jennie shifts into her laying position, eyes focusing at the ceiling.

“You seem to be very dependent on Mina,” she says then closes her eyes.

I stare at her face, her peaceful face, her beautiful face.

“I am, that’s why I hide a lot of things from her.”

“Then why did you tell her that we’re dating?” she asks.

“Maybe it’s my way of letting her and myself know that I’ve given up.”

Her eyes opened, now staring at mine.

“Know that you could always be open to me, and that I accept you,” she says with a smile.

I can’t help but smile back.

In a week of spending time with her, a few days of dating her, she’s already making me feel things.

This is what I’ve always wanted.

“Thanks babe,” I reply, kissing her on the cheek afterwards.

&&&
(updates upon realising someone actually reads this )
(im busy withmature stuff lately, uhm, grown up things yeah those)
do u want some fcked up Jennie Kim story lmao and mina trash