Exotic Dreams

Kpop Fanfics

   You stare at your reflection in the mirror, you're all dressed in rich traditional clothing, heavy jewelry all over... You're supposed to get married to a man you've never even met yet... Today.... But you can't! And you won't! You clench your fists and look around your room, which is finally empty, after all the annoying miads have left saying how you're so lucky to get married, and how that man is so handsome and so rich! Disgusting!

   "Um... Is everything alright, your majesty?" A young maid asked from the doorway.

   "Ah! Yes of course, I'm fine!" You smile at her.

   "Your mother wishes to see you in the ballroom." She said before bowing and leaving.

   "She wants to see me? Ugh what does she want?!" You scowl at your reflection annoyed.

   In the ballroom, the King and the Queen sit on large golden thrones in the middle of the room on a raised platform that people have to climb stairs to reach.

   You walk in and see no one's here yet... You continue to where the stairs begin and look up at them. "What is it?"

   "Can't you speak respectfully to your mother, young lady?" The King asked with a deep and demanding voice.

   You roll your eyes, respect? They still have those kind of expectations? "What is it mother?" You say, still looking at them annoyed.

   "Is that the way I raised you Iseul?" The Queen sighed, "the maids tell me that you've been complaining about the wedding again."

   Why wouldn't you be complaining about the wedding? You're getting married to someone whom you've never met, you don't even know his name!

   The Queen stood angrily. "You will respect your mother and father's wishes and go through with this wedding! He is a respectable man that will raise our family name to greater power!"

   "Oh so your using me to get you guys great power! Wonderful! Amazing job!!" You clap loudly and glare at them. "I'm done here, so I'm leaving."

   "This will benefit that family as a whole! You'll see when you grow up and learn to be a proper woman!" The King yells.

   "Grow up?! How old am I to you guys?! And benefit me? Please..." You begin to walk, but this room is too big... taking forever to get out.

   The King and Queen sigh as they sit back down and contemplate their daughter's situation.

   You storm into your room and close the door behind you. "Hmm I wonder if I should just runaway?" You ask yourself. You open your window and see the forest. Suddenly a flash of white jumps through the bushes and catches your eye.

   "Hm?! W-what was that?!" You look through your window again trying to see if you can find anything white. You don't exactly see anything. But you look back to the forest and smile. You peek out of your room to see if anyone is there. A couple of maids pass by the hall and chat idly about the upcoming wedding. You roll your eyes, hearing about the wedding again and try to figure out how to escape. You look through your window but it's impossible for you to get down from this height alive! You're sure no one would be suspicious if you just say you're going for a walk near the garden or something. Yeah, that should be fine. You slowly open your door and walk out. A few butlers and other staff glance at you as you pass by but think nothing of it as it's common for the princess to go off on her own everyday. You smirk but soon walk out into broad daylight. It feels amazing to finally be out again. You look around to see if there is anyone around. Something resembling a white cotton ball bounces through the trees and bushes again. Rustling leaves and twigs.

   "Huh?! It's the white flash I saw earlier!" You try to get near the bush, trying not to make any noise but your stupid jewelry keeps on tinkling. The white cotton ball jumps in front of you and you see it's ears and eyes clearly. "Ah! A bunny?" You tilt your head to the side surprised. "Well aren't you cute." You mutter but realized it hadn't run away like normal bunnies would. "Um..." The bunny looks at you then begins hopping away, deeper into the forest.

   "Ah! Right! I'm supposed to go into the forest!!" You look back to make sure no ones there and slowly step into the forest. You run in for a bit but trip on your dress and stumble. "Ugh! Dumb dress!" You look around to see that you're surrounded by trees not exactly sure where you are. In front of you, you see the bunny stop in front of a tree stump, look at you then disappear behind the stump.

   "Ah! You're back! You probably know something about this place right. I guess I could follow you..." You walk to where the bunny disappeared behind the tree stump. "Honestly what am I doing, following a little bunny around?" You shake your head.

   Behind the tree stump is a small hole in the ground, it looks like a tight fit, but it seems big enough to go through. "Hm? Is this where the guy disappeared into? I wonder..." Curiosity gets to you and you stick both your legs in and cautiously get into the hole. Suddenly the ground beneath you seems to disappear as gravity you in and you find yourself falling almost endlessly. "W-what?!" You look around confused and freaked out.

   You finally tumble out the bottom, falling from a hole in the side of a cliff and tumble down a grass hill where you land in a pile of pink and purple leaves. "Oh! The landing wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be." Then you look at the leaves. "Pink and purple leaves?"

   "Aigoo! That was quite a fall! Are you alright miss?" Standing in front of you, instead of the white rabbit you were chasing, you see a young man with spiky hair, a round face and even rounder eyes.

   You stare at him in awe... But mentally slap yourself. "Yeah I'm alright...." You slowly get up and look around trying to find where the bunny went.

   "Are you looking for someone?" He asks.

   "Um... Well, don't judge me, but I'm looking for this super white, and cute bunny..."

   "Oh! Cute, you say?" He chuckles.

   "Hm?" You look at him confused,  why is he suddenly chuckling. "Well... Yeah?... Have you seen it?"

   "Hm, I might have." He smiles.

   "What? Might? What's that supposed to mean? It's a white bunny, it's not hard to miss..."

   He chuckles again. "You're not from around here, are you?"

   "Uh no..." You look around. "Actually, where am I!? This isn't the forest I was in! Where did that weird hole take me?! Was I tricked by that little furball?!"

   "Hehehe! Calm down, you're in the magical forest. My guess is you're from the human world where magic doesn't exist anymore."

   "M-magic world... Bwahahahaha stop lying mister! Magic isn't real!!" You calm yourself from your laughter and look at him.

   He suddenly pouts. "You think I'm lying?"

   "Wah?! I, uh... Yah! C'mon why wouldn't I think you weren't lying?! A magic world?! Really? Is this some stupid children's story?!"

   "I'll show you I'm not lying!" He smiles with a twinkle in his eye.

   "Alright, show me some magic then!" You say, still not convinced.

   The boy stands in front of you and brings his arms up, a white ethereal glow sprouts all around him until the light is too blinding.

   Your jaw drops. "What...?"

   The light bursts, when your eyes recover and you can see clearly again, the white bunny is sitting in front of you where the boy was standing only a few seconds ago.

   Your eyes widen and you slowly walk up to the bunny and kneel down. "You're the bunny?"

   "Believe me now?" The boy's voice seems to echo in your head.

   You slowly touch the tip of the bunny nose just to make sure again, then slowly nod. "This is.... Incredible..."

   In another burst of light he returns to his human form.

   You stand up. "Um... I'm sorry for not believing you..."

   "Hehe! It's ok! I'm sure it's been a long time since a human has seen real magic."

   "A human has been here before then?"

   "Hm... Yes, but... It's been quite a few years and... People here don't really like to talk about it... Especially in front of the King."

   "Hm? Oh there's a King here too? So it's kinda like my world then! But... Did something bad happen for people here not to talk about it?"

   "Er... Yes... It's a very sensitive topic, try not to bring it up anymore."

   "Ah! Sorry I didn't mean to pry! I won't..."

   "It's ok! But I should warn you that the king doesn't exactly like humans in his kingdom so if anyone asks you're a... A tiger spirit! Yeah, that suits you. You have a fierce nature just like a tiger!"

   "A tiger?! Ah... Thanks? And okay" You look around the place still unsure where you should go.

   The boy suddenly looks up at the sky and notices the position of the sun. "Omo! I'm late!! Oh! Um! Follow me, try to stay close and don't get lost!" He starts sprinting through the forest.

   "Whoa!! Yah! What are you late for?!!" You hold onto your dress and run after him.

   "I'm the caretaker of the castle and if I'm gone for too long, Luhan will reprimand me!"

   "Luhan? Who's that? Wait! I don't even know your name! What's your name?!"

   "Ah! You can call me Xiumin! What should I call you?"

   "Huh? My name is Iseul!" You continue to run after him.

   "Hm! Pretty name!"

   "T-thanks!" You say, starting to run out of breathe.

   "Haha! We're here!" He puts a finger to his lips and slowly opens the door. No one is inside so he motions for you to follow him and quietly sneaks inside.

   You slowly walk in trying to be quiet as possible but your jewelry makes light tinkling noises. "I've got to get rid of this jewelry." You think to yourself. You look around the castle, "It's a bit dark here..."

   Xiumin crouches down as he passes by an open window and peeks through it. Again, no one is around so he walks in. You slowly walk behind him unsure exactly where you're going. He lights a torch and the room illuminates revealing it to be the kitchen. "This is my area of expertise! You must be hungry after your little fall, what can I get for you?"

   "Ah! Hmm, I am hungry... Anything will be fine thank you!"

   He smiles as he pulls out a loaf of bread and some cheese and slices them up for you, then pours you a warm cup of coffee.

   "Simple but I like it." You think to yourself. "Thank you!" You sip some of the warm coffee. "So... I've noticed so far that the castle is dark... Do you guys prefer your places to be dark? not that I'm saying it's a bad thing! I'm just wondering."

   Xiumin sets down his own cup of coffee and has a sullen expression. "Well you see... The king hasn't exactly been in the best of moods lately and I fear that the darkness is a side effect of it."

   "A side effect?" You raise your eyebrow. "Ah I see..."

   "Anyway!" He smiles, changing the subject. "Where are you from and why did you come here? It's not often that we get humans so I'm very curious as to why you chose to fall into our world."

   "Ah... Well... I clear my throat, I'm from the human world obviously and you know where we first met, that castle? That's where I live... I'm the daughter of the King and Queen." You mutter the last sentence. "And well... Why I'm here I guess is because I was running away..."

   "Oh! So that makes you a princess!" He immediately stands and bows to you.

   "Oh!!" You stand up quickly. "Please don't bow! I honestly don't like it.... Please act the same way as you were before you found out I was a princess." You mutter the last word.

   "Oh! Forgive me... You said you were running away...? Running from what?"

   "Ah well, kinda everyone back at the castle... And my mystery to be-husband... I was supposed to get married but didn't want to." You shrug.

   "Hm? Marriage? You don't choose your husband where you're from?"

   "Well, I personally didn't get to choose, but there are others who are able to choose... They're really lucky."

   "And who would you choose if you could?" He raised his eyebrows curiously.

   "Hm? Well I don't know, There really isn't anyone I have in mind... I didn't want to get married in the first place."

   "Oh, I see." He smiles and goes back to sipping his coffee.

   You continue to sip your coffee in silence unsure exactly what to should say now... "The fact I just told almost everything about myself to someone I just met... Is completely strange... I don't usually do that sort of thing...  Whatever." you shake the thought away.

   A few minutes pass by before another boy walks into the kitchen. "Xiumin! Is this where you've been the whole time!? The King has been asking for his meal for an hour now!"

   You squint trying to get a look at who the boy is, but without the torch nearby, it's so dim and you can't see much.

   "Oh! I knew I was forgetting something!" He hurriedly puts some fruit and meat together on a tray and rushes out the door.

   "And you say that Lay is the forgetful one..." He sighs and looks at you. "Who are you?" He asks.

   "Ah! Um... My names Iseul, I'm a tiger spirit..." You think to yourself. "That furball left me with a stranger!"

   "Hm... And what are you doing here? Oh! You must be here for that open maid position!"

   "Huh? M-maid?!" Don't blow your cover Isuel! You tell yourself and just nod. "Yeah, I'm here for the maid position."

   "Good! It's about time someone grew a spine! Everyone else was too scared to serve the king, but I can tell you'll do just fine."

   "Ah! T-thanks! I'll um...work hard...?" You do a lazy bow and stand up straight again.

   "My name is Luhan and I'm the King's royal advisor, just do what he or I say and you should be fine."

   "O-okay, it's nice to meet you... Um Luhan...."

   He leads you down the hall and points out various rooms and areas.

   You nod listening and paying attention... "The hallways are so dimly lit!" You think to yourself.

   "Ah, yeah, it is a bit dark..." He mumbles to himself.

   "It's like he read my mind! Maybe he's a mind reader? I mean c'mon if the furball can shift from human to a bunny.... Stop thinking! Just in case..." You mentally tell yourself.

   "And here's your room. The other maid will probably be here shortly to join you." He stops in front of a small bedroom with two twin sized beds on opposite sides of a small vanity.

   "Ah, thank you." You bow.

   "Iseul, was it?" He crinkles his brows together thoughtfully. "I don't think I've ever seen you before. Are you from another kingdom?"

   "Hm?! Um yeah! I'm from another kingdom."

   "Thought so... Well, I suppose that means that you don't know your way around the kingdom very well, yet."

   "Ah, no I don't- Xiumin was the first person I met who helped me to the castle here."

   "I see, well, if you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask... Or at least think about it."

   "So you can read my mind!?" Your eyes widen to see if you got the message right.

   "Ah, I didn't say that... But yes, I can. Also, I know I'm handsome, but try to keep your thoughts about me to a minimum~!" He smirks.

   "Wha?! I can barely see you!" You huff.

   "Ok! Any questions so far?"

   "Um... Wait are there clothes in there?" You say aloud then think to yourself. "I can't continue to wear this heavy dress."

   "Ah, yes, clothes will be provided for you. There are dresses, pajamas, and your maid uniform should all be in the closet. You're in charge of clean and repairing your own clothing though."

   "Oh! Thank you!"

   "Yep! Now if you'll excuse me, the King is being a royal pain and giving me a headache right now."

   "Oh, um okay... " You bow and walk into your room.

   The bed is soft and the closet is a decent size but you're not used to everything being so small since as a princess you're used to everything being a bit bigger than normal.

   "Well, this is new, but I gotta get used to it..." You sigh and look through the closet and find a simple dress and take it out. "Now time to finally get out of this dress and jewelry!" After you've finished changing you hear a knock at the door. "Hm? Oh it must be the other maid Luhan was talking about." You open the door.

   "Oh! Um! Hello! My name is Jing and I look forward to working with you!" She bows at a 90 degree angle.

   "Oh! Uh yeah hi my name's Isuel and I look forward to working with you too." You bow slightly.

   "Er... Um... If you don't mind me asking... Why did you take this job? Most people are afraid of the King these days so they're pretty reluctant to work for him, even though the pay is good."

   "Hm? Ah well, you see I um came from another kingdom and needed a job so I just chose this one... Well if people are reluctant to work here... Then why are you working here as well?"

   "Oh! Um... My family is very poor, but to tell you the truth, I've been here long before the king became... Like this... He used to be really kind and caring... And I know that he still is!"

   "Huh? What happened to the king then? Or is it something I shouldn't know about?"

   "Ah! You haven't heard?" She looks at you surprised.

   "Hm? Obviously I haven't if I'm asking right?"

   "R-right, sorry, it's just that... Almost everyone in the kingdom knows about it..."

   "About what?"

   "We were told never to speak of it again!"

   "Ah whoa!! Okay okay! I get it! I get it! I won't ask!"

   "I'm sorry... It's just... A very sensitive topic... I..."

   "Hey! It's okay I'm sorry for asking!"

   "So Xiumin was right, it really is something to not speak about..." You think. Suddenly there's a loud explosion and the whole room shakes causing you and Jing to stumble.

   "Ah! W-what was that?!"

   "Th-the castle!! It's under attack!!"

   "What?!"

   You notice Luhan run by through the open doorway as he shouts orders at the soldiers and knights. "Where are Tao and Chen!? I need them on the front line of defense now!"

   Confused, you hear more yelling and look at Jing, unsure what to do.

   "Come on! We'll be safer from the watch tower!" She begins running up a long flight of stairs.

   "Whoa! Ah alright!" You run after her and make it up to the watch tower. Inside the watch tower you run into a boy with a wide, cat-like grin.

   "Oh! Sorry..." You shudder unintentionally noticing the grin.

   "What's the matter? Are you cold?" He asks concerned and offers you his jacket.

   "Ah no I'm alright thank you." You saym then think, "Aww now I feel bad, he seems like a nice guy."

   "Chen? What are you doing here? Luhan needs you out on the field with Tao." Jing looks at him questionably.

   "Chen? Oh so that's his name..."

   "Trust me Jingie, I'm much more useful up here." He says as he looks out the window. A large group of warriors and soldiers are seen approaching the castle.

   "More useful away from the battle?"

   "Don't call me Jingie!" She pouts, but her expression quickly changes to one of fear as a fireball is catapulted towards the watchtower.

   You turn to see what she's looking at and see a huge red fire ball. "W-what the-?!"

   Chen balls his hands into fists and opens them again with what looks like a ball of electricity in his hands. He throws it towards the fireball causing it to disperse amongst the warriors who scatter to avoid the debris.

   "Whoa~ that was so cool!"

   Chen smirks and blows on his finger like a gun, making you chuckle a little.

 

   Luhan runs up the stairs and stops once he reaches the top and takes a moment to catch his breath. "Yah! You-! What are you doing up here!?"

   Chen rolls his eyes. "You know I'm not much of a hand to hand kind of fighter like Tao."

   You look between the two arguing and just stand there.

   "Not you! Her!" He points at you.

   "Huh? Me?" You point to yourself confused.

   "You said you were a tiger spirit didn't you? You should be out in the field with Tao!" Luhan commands.

   "Oh, yeah! Tiger spirits are known for their tough nature!" Chen comments.

   "I-um..."

   "You can't send her out there! She's just the new maid!" Jing stands in front of you defensively.

   "Omg, Jing, I freaking love you! You're a life saver!" You say to yourself just making sure you don't exactly think it.

   "Nonsense! Tiger spirits are natural born fighters! I'm sure she'll pick it up!" Luhan grabs your arm and starts pulling you down as he runs down the stairs.

   "Ah! B-but I don't have much experience!" You try to argue.

   "That's ok! Tao will show you everything!" Luhan shouts as he pushes you into a dark corridor where the other soldiers and knights are putting on their armor. You look around and gulp.

   Among the soldiers is a younger boy with black hair and dark eyes. He's not wearing any armor, but is carrying a long sword. He approaches you. You look up at him, feeling your neck hurt, he's tall... "Greetings." He bows. "My name is Tao and I'm in charge of combat and defense. I promise that as long as you swear to protect the king, you will be protected on the field. I have never lost a soldier and I don't intend to."

   "Uh, hi." You bow, you nod listening to what he says, "Well, I guess I don't have to worry about an early death then." You think to yourself.

   Tao helps you with a light armor set. It seems big and protects all your vitals but it isn't as heavy as it looks. "Hmm, no wonder soldiers can move so easily in battle, it's protective but light weight..."

   Tao swings his sword around as he prepares to exit. "Are you ready?"

   You nod. "I'm so not ready. I don't know what I'm doing!" You wanted to say but know you can't. The gate opens and you see hundred of warriors armed with weapons in the distance. "Um... Who are they? Are they from another kingdom?"

   "They are rogues that have no kingdom." Tao states as he raises his sword.

   "Oh I see..." You stand by and watch.

   "For the king!" Tao shouts and everyone cheers as they run out into the field.

   You run out behind them, "I'm just following them! I need to keep watch of myself so I don't get hurt!" You remind yourself. As both groups clash into one another you can see Tao take down one enemy after the other with just a slash of his sword. "Whoa he's really good..." Suddenly two warriors approach you on both sides. "Ah! Tsk! Really?!" You yell and ready your sword, but see your hands are shaking. They run towards you screaming and one of them swings his sword at you. "Ugh!" Thankfully you dodge but look between the two again. They continue swinging their swords at you, backing you into a corner. "Aish!" You look at both of them and ready your sword placing it infront of you at an angle waiting for their next move. One of them leaps forward and suddenly you feel a heavy weight on your sword. "Tsk!" You try pushing back against him and grit your teeth. You see from the corner of your eye the other guy slowly getting closer.

   "What are you going to do, princess?" He says mockingly.

   "Don't use that name!" You growl and somehow your anger gives you strength to push the guy back a little and you knee him annoyed. "You two are so annoying!" You glare at both of them. They look at you surprised, but gather their wits and try to attack you again. You dodge their attacks and use the handle of the sword and hit one of them hard on the head. He falls to the ground unconscious, but even more warriors start to approach you. "What do you guys want?! Ugh!!" You ready your sword again glaring at the other warriors. "I can't take on all of these guys!" You mutter. For just a moment time seems to stop and the warriors freeze in place.

   Tao comes up from behind and strikes all of them in one blow and grabs your hand then pulls you out of the mass as time seems to resume and the warriors fall to the ground.

   You gasp, "d-did you...were you-?!"

   He smirks before letting you go at the front gate of the castle where you see the other soldiers celebrate as the rest of the warriors flee.

   "Wow." You watch the warriors flee and realize that nothing happened to any of the soldiers here, Tao was right, about protecting the soldiers.

   Jing runs up to you give you a hug. "Oh my gosh! I was so scared! I'm so glad that you're ok!"

   You're surprised by the sudden hug, but hug her back.

   "Oh no! You're hurt!!" Jing looks down at your arm where a small trickle of blood is seen.

   "Huh? I am?" There's a noticeable gash on your arm.

   "How can you not feel that?" Jing looks at you surprised.

   You scratch your head a little embarrassed and shrug.

   "Let's get her to Lay! Quickly now!" Luhan commands as Jing leads you to the infirmary. A large white room with stained glass windows and several beds line the wall.

   "Oh..." I slowly walk in, "Is this Lay a doctor?"

   "Yeah, he's the best healer in the kingdom!" Jing leads you to one of the beds and helps you out of the armor.

   "Ah thanks!"

   "Good evening ladies~!" A young man approaches, he has a gentle smile accented by dimples on either side.

   "Oh! G-good evening!"

   "My name is Lay and I'm the healer in this castle." He bows and kneels down to get a closer look at your arm.

   You look around to see where his tools are, then realize he didn't call himself a doctor, he called himself a healer? So that's a power? You watch to see what he's doing. He let's his fingers gently roam across the wound and a light glow seems to appear from his fingertips, the gash slowly heals and closes up.

   Your jaw drops. You look at him with wide eyes but quickly recover and bow to him. "Thank you so much!"

   "No problem. It's my job to heal." He says and smiles, his little dimples showing again.

   "Aww, his smiles so cute!" You think to yourself. "Wait!" You mentally slap yourself, "Do not think about things like that Iseul!" You remind yourself.

   "Do you plan on staying here long?" He asks, sitting on the bed next to you. "I know that you're not from around here."

   "Hm? Ah well... I'm not exactly sure... I haven't exactly thought about how long...."

   "That's ok, take all the time you need. This kingdom is very welcome to guests and we love having you here, so if you don't plan on leaving I'm sure everyone would love to have you."

   You smile, "Thank you."

   "Well, I hope you enjoy your stay." He smiles and pats you on the back.

   "Hm!" You stand up and look over at Jing.

   "How are you feeling?" She asks.

   "I'm fine now! Thanks to Lay!"

   "That's good to hear! We better get ready for bed since it's getting late."

   "Ah you're right! Let's get going then!"

   "Bye~!" Lay waves. "I hope to see you again soon! I mean I don't hope you get injured again, but if you do I'll heal you, what I meant was, if you ever wanna just say hi, I'm always here!"

   "Hehe! Okay, thank you! Bye!"

   You and Jing return to your room and get ready for bed.

   "Ah! Well, then good night!"

   "Good night!" Jing blows out the candle and the room is completely dark except for the light of the moon and the stars streaming in through the window.

   You slowly close your eyes and sleep overtakes you.

   The next morning Jing wakes you with a tray of breakfast foods. "Good morning~!"

   "Ah! Morning!" You slowly get up and stretch. "Ah breakfast?" You point to the tray.

   "Yep! I need you to take this to the king!" She hands you the tray.

   "Ah, me?! Um...where is the king again?"

   "Down the hall and to the left." She points.

   "Ah alright... Thanks." You take the tray and walk out following the directions, down the hall... And to the left... At the end of the hall is a large door, decorated with red and good dragons. "Dragons? Huh..." You slowly knock on the door.

   "Come in." Commands a deep voice.

   You slowly open the door and walk in. "Your breakfast, your highness..." Inside, the room is highly decorated with colorful curtains and throw pillows. By the bed you see a very tall man with dark blonde hair. He's shirtless but you can only see his back.You look away. He notices you and slowly puts a shirt on, before he does, you see a large amount of heavily damaged scar tissue across his back. Your eyes widen, but you don't say anything about it.

   "You must be the new maid." He takes the tray from you and sets it on the table. "Your highness is a little stiff isn't it? You can call me Kris."

   "Kris? Ah, okay..."

   "What should I call you?" He asks, taking a seat on a red leather couch.

   "Oh! My name is Iseul!" You bow.

   "Ha... No need to bow... I don't like it... I always tell this to all my staff but they never listen."

   Your eyes widen, "so he hates the formality as well just like me." You think, "Ah yeah, sorry.."

   "Hm, you're not from around here, Iseul... I highly doubt I've ever seen you before." He takes a closer look at your face.

   "Um yeah I'm from another kingdom..."

   "Which kingdom?" He asks.

   "Um... Shoot, I don't know any kingdoms here!" You think.

   Someone knocks at the door. "Come in." Kris commands again.

   Xiumin enters. "Ah, Iseul! There you are! I need your help in the kitchen!"

   "Ah really! Okay!" You bow to the king and walk up to him. You realize you've gotten way to used to bowing.

   Xiumin closes the door behind you. "That was close." He sighs. "I didn't think anyone would actually ask you what kingdom you were from."

   "Haa yeah..." Then you put your arm around him and ruffle his hair. "You furball!! How could you leave like that on the first day!!"

   "Ah! Sorry!! I had other duties!! It might not look like it, but I'm a very busy person around here!" He shakes his head and chuckles.

   "Haa right."

   "Besides! You should be nice to me! I'm the only one here who knows that you're human! If they find out, you'll be kicked out of the kingdom for sure! And don't call me furball! It's Xiumin remember!?"

   "Ahaha sorry, it's just how I am, but I'll try, and you don't like my nickname for you? Fineee Xiumin it is."

   He smiles at you. "But I do really need your help in the kitchen! The king wants to have a big feast tonight to celebrate our victory and I can't cook all by myself."

   "Ah! Okay let's go then!"

   "Oh! Hi Iseul!" Jing greets you from the oven with an apron tied around her waist. "How was meeting the king?"

   "Um, it was nice, he seems like a nice king..."

   "He really is, I hope he doesn't scare you too much." Jing pulls a pie out of the oven and sets it on the windowsill to cool.

   You shrug, "okay Xiumin what do you need me to do?" You look at all the vegetables on the tables, "want me to chop these vegetables for you?"

   "If you want to." He says and gets to work on a large vat of soup.

   You take a knife and begin chopping.

   Tao walks by and stops when he smells the freshly baked pie. He picks it up and immediately drops it. "Ah! Hot! Hot!"

   "Ah! Be careful!"

   "Tao!" Jing cries. "What have I told you about touching things in the kitchen?"

   Ugh, you look to see the pie isn't very pie like anymore...

   "But it's not in the kitchen! It's on the windowsill!" Tao complains before putting the burned finger in his mouth.

   You roll your eyes, he's quite different from when you saw him during battle, he looks like a little kid now. You take a cloth and wet it and begin cleaning the mess.

   "Hey, cooking people! What's up? Whoa!" Chen walks up to you guys in the kitchen and suddenly slips on the spilled pie.

   "Yah! Careful!"

   Tao points at him and laughs.

   "Yah! This is your fault isn't it?" He glares at Tao.

   You chuckle and finish cleaning up and get back to chopping.

   In the background you hear zapping and Tao screaming like a little girl as Chen chases him around the

kitchen shooting little lightning bolts at him.

   You start laughing like crazy seeing the scene before you, "g-guys be careful will you!"

   Tao bumps into Xiumin who nearly spills his soup. "Hey! Ugh! It's like working with a bunch of children!"

   "What are you guys doing here anywhere?"

   Chen picks up a carrot and starts chewing on it. "We got bored. We're only active when the castle is under attack really."

   "Ah then help us out then, help cut the vegetables."

   Chen looks at you a bit surprised. "I've never really cooked before." He stammers.

   You raise your eyebrow, "well I don't cook too often but I'm just cutting vegetables... But you don't have to."

   "No, no! I'll help!" He takes the knife from you and starts chopping vegetables slowly and carefully.

   You smile, "thanks Chen!" You get another knife and chop the other vegetables.

   Tao pushes Chen over and takes the knife from him. "Let me show you how a real man handles a knife." He smirks and begins chopping the vegetables even faster.

   "Oh wow!" You watch amazed, "he's really fast like a professional chef."

   Chen scoffs. "Kid thinks just because he can handle a sword, he can handle any sharp object."

   "Haha don't worry, you were doing a great job cutting the vegetables- Tao! Don't cut them so thickly! It will take forever for them to cook!"

   Tao continues cutting every once in awhile popping a slice of carrot or cucumber into his mouth. Chen moves over to Xiumin's side to help him season the soup while Jing bakes another pie. Soon you and Tao finish cutting the vegetables and Xiumin begins to cook more food along with Chen helping out.

   "Whoo!" Xiumin wipes the sweat off his brow. "We're almost done! Now we just have to make a nice dessert. The king wants something original, something he's never had before."

   "Something he never has had before? Hmm...."

   "Any suggestions Iseul?" Xiumin looks over at you. "I'm sure there are lots of desserts that the king has never tried, where you're from."

   "Oh! I love patbingsu! And Rice cakes! Has he ever had any of those dessert before?"

   "Patbingsoo?" Chen looks at you curiously. "What's that?"

   "Oh you're kidding right? It's like the best summer desert out there! Haha it's basically shaved ice with red beans and fruit!"

   "Ice? I can help with that!" Xiumin lifts his hands into the air and a blast of cold air fills the room as he fills a small bowl with ice.

   "Ohh~ cool~ Okay where are the red beans?"

   "Probably in the garden, we'll have to pick them ourselves." Chen states.

   "Okay let's go get some red beans!"

   Tao and Chen decide to go with you to the garden while Jing and Xiumin stay in the kitchen and continue. You begin picking beans under the warm sun and cool summer air.

   "This is hard!" Tao whines. "Red beans are too small! They're difficult to find and to pick!"

   "Ah, come here then, I see a bunch here. We just need to be able to fill our baskets fairly well since this is a feast."

   Tao comes closer to you only to be tripped by Chen who laughs at him and gets up to run away when Tao glares at him angrily.

   "Aish you two!"

   A few minutes later you finally gather enough red beans but Xiumin looks at Chen and Tao with a curious glance as they walk in covered in dirt and roots.

   "They worked really hard." You laugh.

   "I can tell." Xiumin chuckles. "Just wipe your... Selves... Before you come into the kitchen."

   You walk, leaving the two getting cleaned up and put the beans in the water to boil.

   "Since you know more about this dessert than we do, do you mind showing us how it's made?" Xiumin

asks.

   "Ah yup! I will!" Soon the beans become nice and soft and you pour the beans into a strainer, then stir the beans in the pan again with sugar in it, finally place the ice in a bowl with the fruits and beans together mixing it. "Done with the first bowl!"

   "Ooh!" Everyone stares in awe. "Here say ah~" You take a spoon and face it towards Xiumin. "Try it!"

   "Oh! Ah..." He opens his mouth. You feed him a spoonful of the patbingsu. "Is it okay?"

   "Hm!" He smiles. "It's delicious!!"

   "Me next!!" Tao jumps up.

   "Say ah!"

   "Ah!" He opens his mouth wide and his lips after taking a bite. "Oh! It's really sweet!"

   "Is it? That's good!!"

   "Why is everyone in the kitchen?" Lay asks as he passes by.

   "Iseul is showing us a really cool dessert from her kingdom!" Jing said happily.

   "Would you like to try some?"

   "Oh, may I?" He leans forward to get a closer look.

   "Of course! Here!"

   He takes a bite and his eyes widen and his dimples show. "Omo! This is great! I've never had anything like it!"

   "Really?! That's good! I'm glad you like it!"

   He smiles. "You're just full of surprises aren't you, Iseul?"

   "Am I? Haha that's a good thing right?"

   "As long as those surprises are pleasant." Luhan says as he approaches.

   "Hmm yeah I guess so."

   "What is this?" He looks down at the half-eaten patbingsoo.

   "Ah, this is patbingsu! Wanna try?"

   Luhan scrunches his nose and looks curiously at it. "Maybe another time."

   "Huh... Okay..."

   "Why don't you and the others set up the banquet hall for the dinner?" He says.

   "Ah alright."

   "Sorry about him." Xiumin apologizes. "He can seem really stiff at times but he's a really nice guy when you get to know him."

   You nod and finish making the rest of the patbingsu. "Shall we set up like Luhan asked us to now?"

   "Yep!" He grabs a cart and loads the plates and dishes onto it then pushes it into the banquet hall. You all walk into the banquet hall and you and Jing set the plates and utensils.

   "Oh! I almost forgot the silver knives!" Jing exclaims. "The King likes those best! I'll go get them!" She runs off.

   "Okay!" Over in the corner of the room Chen and Tao are playing with the forks, using them as small swords and fighting each other. You roll your eyes, "Those two are just like kids."

   Jing runs back into the room but Tao bumps into her and she trips and falls and the silver knives are sent flying into the air.

   "Whoa! Jing you alright?!"

   "Look out!" She screams as the silver knives head straight for you.

   "What the-?!" Just before they reach you the knives freeze in mid-air. "Huh?" It takes you few seconds to figure out Tao just used his power again. "Thanks Tao..."

   "Wasn't me." He holds up his hands.

   "Huh?" You look back at the knives.

   "Is everyone alright? Did anyone get hurt?" Luhan asks, holding his hand in the air.

   You stare at Luhan, "He doesn't just read people's minds?!"

   "There's a lot that I can do." He smiles at you as he slowly uses his ability to place the knives in the proper order next to the plates. He then runs over to you to inspect you. "They didn't touch you right? You're not hurt at all?"

   "A-ah no I'm fine really! T-thanks to you."

   "Thank goodness. I'm glad." He sighs in relief.

   "He seems different from the last time I saw him... He seems more kinder..." You say to yourself.

   "And you two!" He turns on his heel angrily to look at Chen and Tao who begin to cower in fear.

   "Wow that was a fast change..."

   "If it weren't for you two messing around, this wouldn't have happened! It seems like you need some kind of outlet for your energy so..."

   "So?" You watch Tao and Chen's eyes widen.

   He suddenly tosses a ball at them and Chen catches it looking confused. "Let's play a game." Luhan smiles.

   "Huh? A game? He's gonna play a game with them?"

   After the banquet hall has been set, everyone gathers outside where there are nets on opposite sides of a field.

   "What game are they gonna play?"

   "This is a game that Luhan invented himself. He and I played it a bit before we came to work for the king. It doesn't exactly have a name yet though." Xiumin explains.

   "Ah really?" You watch as the game begins.

   "Alright let's pick teams! Iseul, you're team captain! Pick who you want for your team!" Luhan commands.

   "Huh me?! A-alright... Um... Xiumin... Tao..."

   "Yeah!" They jump up and high five each other.

   "Good choice! Alright! Then I'll pick Lay and Chen!" Luhan points at them.

   "Okay! So Xiumin? So exactly how is this game played?"

   "It's pretty simple, our goal is to kick the ball into the other teams net and their goal is to kick it into ours and you can't use your hands, only your feet."

   "Ooh I see!"

   "Let's play ball!" Luhan announces as Jing tosses the ball into the air. Luhan head butts it towards your net and runs forward. You get near the net to try and block Luhan. He passes it to Lay who kicks it towards the net.

   "Ah!" You fail and it gets into the net.

   "Wahoo!" Luhan cheers and high fives Lay.

   "It's alright! We'll get them next time!" Xiumin says encouragingly.

   "Ah right!"

   The game continues for awhile and Jing writes in the scores in the sand. "Luhan: 10! Iseul: 10! Next goal wins the game!" Jing announces.

   "Alright! Xiumin! Tao! We got this! Hwaiting!"

   "Hwaiting? What does that mean? Is that some type of cheer?" Tao looks confused.

   "Whatever it is, I like it! Hwaiting!" Xiumin cheers.

   "Haha it is!"

   Chen kicks the ball high into the air and Tao jumps up to kick it and passes it to Xiumin. Xiumin runs with the ball getting closer to the net. Luhan and Lay stand by the net on defense. You and Tao run nearby standing on guard. Just before the net, Luhan and Lay block Xiumin and he passes the ball to you.

   "Ah!" You run to the net with the ball and see the others behind you and decide to just kick the ball in hopefully making it. Chen runs forward and so do Luhan and Lay. All three crash into each other and the ball flies in.

   "Goal!" Xiumin yells.

   "Wahoo!!! We did it!!"

   "And the winners are Iseul, Xiumin and Tao!" Jing announces happily.

   "Congrats! That was a good game!" Luhan smiles and shakes your hand.

   "Thanks and it was!"

   Suddenly clock tower chimes 6 times. "Oh! Looks like it's time for dinner!" Luhan says.

   "Ah! Lets go then! Haha"

   Everyone cleans up a bit after the fun game and goes to the banquet hall to set up all the food that you

guys prepared. You finish setting up all the food and wait for The King, er Kris to arrive.

   Kris enters through the wide doors and everyone bows as he walks up to the table. He sighs and claps his hands. "Let's eat!"

   Everyone begins to eat, enjoying the time, but still you get a feeling that the atmosphere is a bit stiff, and something is missing.

   "Is everything alright?" Jing asks.

   "Hm? Ah yeah."

   "You seem bothered by something, you've barely touched your food." She looks at you concerned.

   "Oh! I haven't?!" You look at your food.

   "If she doesn't want it, I'll take it!" Tao leans over the table as he sits across from you and pokes his fork

into your food.

   "Yah! I'm still hungry too!" You take your plate away from him and stick your tongue out playfully.

   Tao pouts a bit but moves on to try stealing from Chen's plate, whose sitting right next to him.

   "This guy eats a lot doesn't he? He finished his plate and still seems hungry." You put your plate down and take a bite. Jing laughs at them and smiles seeing you look happier as well.

   Later that night as everyone is preparing for bed you hear voices coming from Kris's bedroom.

   "Hm? I wonder if everything's alright." I get closer trying to hear what the voices are saying.

   "You know that these scars are never going to heal." You hear Kris say in his low, deep voice.

   "Hm? Oh... I should leave, I shouldn't be hearing something personal."

   "It doesn't hurt to try." You hear Lay's voice. "Besides, I'm not trying to heal your physical wounds, I'm trying to heal your emotional ones."

   "Lay can heal emotionally as well? Impressive, ah! I really should go!" You remind yourself again. Suddenly you bump into Tao on the way out.

   "Ah! Tao! Sorry!"

   "I wasn't eavesdropping!!" He exclaims. "Um! I mean! Iseul!? What are you doing here?"

   "Um I was passing by, and Tao you totally gave away that you were eavesdropping."

   He sighs. "Fine, I was... It's just that... I'm the youngest here, and sometimes I feel like Kris puts a lot of trust into me and I trust him a lot too, but there are so many things that he doesn't tell me."

   "Ah I see... Well there are some things that can be hard for someone to talk about but you two seem close, so I'm sure when time comes, he'll tell you."

   "I'm sure you're right." He sighs again. "But that doesn't mean that I can't try and figure things out for

myself." He sneaks over and leans closer to the door.

   "Tao! C'mon it's not nice to do that! It's tempting but c'mon Kris won't like it if he found out what you were doing!" Tao doesn't move and stays glued to his spot on the floor. Listening intently to the conversation on the other side. "Haa fine! Be that way! Not my problem if you get caught, I'm gonna go now! Good night."

   "Wait!" He grabs onto your arm.

   "Huh! What?"

   "Ah... It's just that..." He looks away shyly.

   "Hm?" You tilt your head to the side and kneel next to him. "What's wrong Tao?"

   "This castle is really scary at night when you're alone. Do you mind walking me back to my room?" He pleads.

   "Pft, alright Tao!"

   "Yah! Don't laugh at me! There are ghosts in this castle! Haven't you ever seen one?"

   "Huh? No I haven't! You sure there are ghosts?"

   "I know there are! I've seen them!!"

   "Ah! Whoa Tao! Okay okay! But let's hurry and get going before we get caught c'mon!"

   "Ok!" He holds onto your arm tightly as you walk through the dimly lit corridors.

   Dang he has a tight grasp, "so which way is it to your room?" He's somewhat behind you, so you're sorta leading him.

   "Ah! It's this one!" Tao points and stops you in front of one of the rooms.

   "Oh! Okay!"

   "Thanks so much Iseul!" He says before waving and closing his door.

   "You're welcome, good night!" You turn around and begin walking back to your room. It's dark and quiet and before you know it, the castle does seem a bit creepier. "Ugh... Walking alone at night here is creepy..." You suddenly shudder and pick up the pace and begin to walk faster.

   "Oof! Where are you going in such a hurry?" You hear Chen's voice.

   "C-Chen?! You gave me a fright there!" You put your hand up to your racing heart.

   "Haha! Sorry!" He stands up and offers you his hand.

   "Thanks."

   "Did Tao drag you with him, because he was afraid to walk alone?" He raises an eyebrow.

   "Haa yeah he did."

   "Are you lost now?"

   "Hm, well... I don't think I am... But it's just walking alone right now is giving me the creeps." You admit.

   "Ah, I see." He smiles. "Then I'd be more than happy to accompany you through these dark and

dangerous corridors." He says dramatically.

   "Chen!" You laugh, "but thank you! By the way what are you doing up at this time? A lot of the others have already gone to bed."

   "Ah, trouble sleeping, I guess. I've always been a little more energetic than everyone else. It's probably all this electricity running through my veins." He chuckles.

   "Ahh I see, but I think it's sweet to see you always so energetic all the time!"

   "You think so?" His cat-like grin appears again.

   "Yup!"

   "Thanks!" He chuckles again and stops in front of your door. "Well, this knight, bids you good night~!" He jokes as he bows and walks off.

   "Hehe, good night!" You say and walk into your room, closing the door behind you and yawning. Jing is already fast asleep in her bed, but the candle by your bedside is still dimly lit. "Hm? She must have stayed up waiting for me." You get in bed and blow the candle and close your eyes.

   The next morning, the sun is shining, bright and early.

   "Mm~" You slowly get out of bed and look around adjusting your eyes to the bright light. You check to see if Jing is still asleep. Usually you're the last to wake up. Jing's bed is empty and the room is quiet. You yawn and get ready, dressing in your maid uniform. You decide to walk into the kitchen where you have something to do there.

   "Oh! Good morning, Iseul!" Xiumin greets you.

   "Morning Xiumin!"

   "Do you mind taking this to the king?" He hands you the breakfast tray with the same foods on it as

yesterday.

   "Okay I'll go then!" You take the tray and walk to Kris's room and knock on it again. You hear a bit of groaning and some heavy steps walking up to the door. "Oops, seems like I woke him up."

   He opens the door quickly, startling you and looks at you with hazy eyes before rubbing the dust out of

them. Again, he's shirtless and the scars on his back seem to travel slightly to his shoulders and sides.

   "Um, good morning, breakfast." You lift the tray up to show him. He groans again and takes the tray, setting it down on the table next to the tray from yesterday. A lot of the food is still on it. "Huh?" You look at the trays confused, "Why haven't you eaten anything?" You whisper more to yourself.

   He looks at you, then at the trays. "Do you mind... Cleaning this up?" He asks groggily and slips back into bed.

   "Ah, okay..." You take yesterday's tray with you but leave the one you brought for him today. You look to see Kris asleep and sigh and slowly walk out closing the door behind you.

   Outside you bump into Lay, nearly dropping the tray on the floor. "Oh! So sorry!" He grabs the tray.

   "Ah, sorry! And thanks..."

   "How is he doing?" Lay looks concerned at Kris's door. "He isn't going to just sleep all day, is he?"

   "I'm not sure but I'm worried, he hasn't touched his food from yesterday..." You frown.

   "Tsk! That fool is going to starve himself."

   "Why isn't he eating...?"

   Lay sighs. "Today... Today is the anniversary of the day a human came to our kingdom."

   "Oh..."

   "I know he doesn't like to talk about it, but I really think he'd feel better if he spoke to someone..."

   "Hmm, well that's true talking about things with someone does make a person feel at least a bit better."

   Lay looks at you with hopeful eyes. "Would you... Try speaking with him?" He asks.

   "M-me?! But I've only been here for a few days why would he open up to me?!"

   "Kris is a very trusting person and I think maybe the fact that you're new, will ease his tensions."

   "Ahh, I see... Well if you think I should be the one to talk to him I'll try.."

   "Thank you!" He smiles and gives you a hug.

   "Ah!" You give a small smile to him, "I guess I should first take the tray to the kitchen then come talk to him..."

   Xiumin is still in the kitchen, making bread and kneading the dough. "Hey! How did it go?"

   "Um... Well not so good, I brought yesterday's food back and it's untouched."

   "Ah, I figured as much, since it is the anniversary of... Well, you know..."

   "Yeah... Lay told me about it just now... and he wants me to talk to him."

   "Seriously!?" His eyes widen. "That's a bit of a surprise..."

   You nod, "I was surprised too, but I said I'd give it a try.."

   He smiles, "well, good luck! I think Lay is right! Kris will surely open up to you!"

   "Hm? You think so! Haa alright! I'll get going then!" You knock on the door again, but this time Kris doesn't even bother to get up and answer. "Haa, I'm coming in." You say and open the door.

   Kris is still lying in bed, face down on the pillow with his back only half covered by the blanket. The scars look worse, slightly red and painful looking.

   "I came to check to see if you ate your breakfast, seems like you haven't eaten yet..." He groans and sits up a bit, looking at you with heavy eyelids. You bring the tray up to him and place it on his lap. "I'm not leaving until you eat everything on this tray." He gives you a look, it seems mixed with surprise, confusion and annoyance. You smirk. "You heard me. Eat."

   Slowly he lifts a spoon and begins eating the oatmeal in the bowl. "It's cold." He complains.

   "Well it's your fault for not eating sooner."

   "Take it back. I'm not hungry." He pushes the bowl aside.

   You look at him. "You haven't eaten at all! Not even yesterday!"

   "Excuse me, miss I-think-I-know-everything! I ate at the banquet! Maybe I'm still full from all the food I ate then!"

   "Maybe?" You look at him still not convinced.

   "And who do you think you are? Telling me to eat? My mother?"

   "Psh I know I'm not your mother! But Kris..." You soften, "everyone's worried, just at least eat a little?

Please?"

   "Everyone's worried?" He asks a bit calmer.

   "Of course they are Kris!" You sigh.

   "Well, tell them, they shouldn't worry! After all I'm the king! I can take care of myself." He pushes the whole tray aside and gets out of bed.

   "Hey! So what if you're the king! Don't use that as an excuse Kris! You obviously aren't taking care of

yourself!" He ignores you as he throws on a shirt and a silk robe and begins to exit the bedroom. "K-Kris!"

   "Hey, you got him out of bed! That's a good start!" Lay says as he passes by you in the hall.

   "Huff well... I guess..."

   "Come on, let's all eat a bit before we go after him. He needs to let off a little steam." Lay puts his arm

around you and leads you back to the kitchen.

   "Ah okay..."

   "Pancakes are done!" Xiumin says as he tosses a couple cakes into the air and Tao catches them on his plate.

   You smile, "quite talented aren't you guys?"

   "Here you go." Chen hands you a plate with several pancakes and drizzles a bunch of syrup all over them.

   "Oh wow thanks!"

   "So, do you like it here, so far?" Jing asks you before eating some her pancakes.

   "Hm! I do like it here! Everyone is so nice and friendly!"

   "That's good to hear!" Jing smiles.

   You smile and look at your pancakes before taking a bite.

   "Met anyone you like?" Chen smirks a bit.

   "Pft, maybe." You say playfully.

   "Ooh! Anyone in particular?" He chuckles.

   You laugh, "Naw, it's a secret."

   The other boys look at you curiously. "Oh, come on! It'll just be a secret between the two of us!"

   "Chen! I was just kidding!" You chuckle.

   "Even of she did like someone, she wouldn't be able to hide it from me." Luhan says, taking a pancake

and eating it.

   You pout, "He's right about that."

   "I already know who Jing likes." Luhan teases.

   "Eep! Don't you dare tell!" Jing blushes.

   "What?! Jing you like someone?! Who!! Tell me!!"

   "No, no, no!" She shakes her head.

   "Aww why not? It'll be between you and me!!"

   "No! You'll say something! I know you will!" She hides her face behind her hands.

   "Whaa? No I won't!! I promise!!"

   Everyone at the table bursts into giggles. "This is so embarrassing!! You guys! Stop laughing! This isn't

funny!" Jing whines.

   "Haha! sorry, Jing!"

   After breakfast everyone scatters to go off in their own directions. "Haa," You decide to go for a walk in the garden, since you don't know where Kris is, "Maybe he's still mad at me..." You mumble. By the rose bushes you notice a head of blonde hair sticking up and moving around a bit. "Hm?" You walk towards the rose bushes. "Is... That Kris?"

   "Oh, it's you again..." Kris stands looking at you a bit disdainfully. "What do you want?"

 

   "Um... I actually didn't expect to see you here."

   "Are you here to tell me to sniff the roses too?" He asks sarcastically.

   You roll your eyes, "look sorry for coming off as bossy okay, I was just worried about you cause you weren't eating and that's not good."

   "Hm..." He hums thoughtfully. "Well thank you for being so bossy."

   You look at him. "Was that sarcasm or was he being serious?" You wonder to yourself.

   "If it weren't for you I would've spent the whole day in my room. I do feel better after coming outside."

   "Ah I see..." You smile happily looking at the flowers.

   "Since you're from another kingdom, you probably don't know what happened here, 5 years ago today."

   You look at him, "5 years ago?"

   "This kingdom was visited by it's first human in centuries. I got to meet her and grow close to her."

   You nod listening, not wanting to interrupt.

   "She was beautiful and kind and I loved her. But she had a brother... Who didn't exactly like me as much as she did..."

   You look at him seeing his expression darkening but something else, you can't quite figure out what.

   He walks slowly around the rose bush, deep in thought. "One night, I ate a meal with the both of them and the brother put something in my food that made me fall into a deep sleep. When I awoke... I was in unbearable pain, both were nowhere to be seen and I never saw or heard from them again."

   "They left him just like that?! What kind of heartless people are they?!" You think to yourself. You clench your fists in anger.

   "Do you know what I am?" He asks you.

   "Huh?" You look at him.

   "I am a dragon, and those people stole from me, something so precious... These scars on my back... Are from the wings that they stole from me."

   "B-but... Why...?"

   "Their king... Demanded the wings of a dragon... And he gave whoever fulfilled his wish the kingdom." He fell silent after that, pain in his eyes.

   You look at Kris... "He's been through so much pain, he doesn't deserve this! I wonder what kingdom he's talking about... I see why he can be cold, he's afraid to get betrayed and hurt again."

   "You look like her a bit... The woman who came here. But that's just me..." He says softly.

   "Kris..." He looks so broken, that you just want to hug him and protect him.

   "Kris!! Kris!!" Luhan came running out of the castle in a panic. You turn around.

   "What is it? What's wrong?" Kris looks alert.

   "It's the rogues again!!" Luhan says, out of breath.

   "Again?! What do they want?"

   "The same thing they always want, the kingdom! Send Tao and Chen out there!" He orders.

   "It's worse though!" Luhan looks petrified. "They brought weapons, powerful weapons that shoot smoke and fire!"

   "What!?"

   "You mean their catapults?" Kris asks.

   "No! These are far more deadly! I have no idea what they are or where they got them! Come look!" Luhan screams. You follow Luhan to see if what he's saying is a lot worse. From the watchtower you see the rogues, there's even more than before and you recognize their weapons as cannons. "These are...!! Unbelievable!" You think, your eyes widening, "If... They don't generally have cannons here then... How?" You wonder.

   "What are those things!?" Kris asks.

   "And how do we beat them!?" Luhan pulls at his hair.

   "Hm! We can use your guys' powers to stop them! They aren't invincible! They're just shooting metal balls right?! You guys will be able to stop them! Where is Xiumin? And ah! Luhan you can help as well... Chen is needed... We have to get to higher ground we'll be safer and we'll have better aim!"

   "How do you know so much?" Luhan looks at you curiously.

   "Ah, um, just a hunch of mine, that's all! But c'mon! We can't waste time!"

   "Right! Luhan! Listen to Iseul! I'm putting her in charge! I'll hold them off!" Kris commands and jumps down from the watch tower toward the rogues.

   "Ah be careful!" You yell. "Okay where are the others?! We need them!!"

   "I'll contact them telepathically!" Luhan says as he puts his fingers to his head and concentrates. You nod and wait looking back at the field. "Ok! Where should we go?" Luhan asks. "Remember, you're in charge!"

   "Ah right! Is the watch tower the highest part of the castle here? I don't know exactly everything about the castle."

   "No! There's also the observatory! That place hasn't been used in years!"

   "Then we'll go to the observatory! Hurry!" Luhan follows you and soon enough you meet up with the others.

   "How are we going to help from here!?" Tao yells. "I should be down there protecting my king!"

   "Well Xiumin can you use your ice power to freeze the cannons? Or even the rogues if possible!"

   "The what!?" Xiumin asks.

   "Just do that for now! That will stop the cannon attacks! Tao! Go be next to Kris! If needed use your time control! Chen! You! I needed you to zap lighting at the cannons as well! They have a chance of exploding which is even better, it will take out some of the rogues near by and some cannons as well!"

   "Got it!" Chen smiles and aims his arm at the cannons shooting bolt after bolt at them.

   "And Luhan, use your telepathy to keep everyone alert, especially Tao and Kris of what's going on, and if needed use your floating power thing to get any rogues near Kris and Tao away from them if you can!"

   "It's called telekinesis..." He looks at you with a dumb expression, but nods, following your order.

   "Right sorry..."

   "Is there anything we can do to help?" Lay and Jing look at you.

   "Jing? What can you do?" You ask.

   "Ah! I'm a fairy spirit! So I guess... I could... Fly above them and distract them?" She says hesitantly.

   "Ah really! Is that alright with you? Can you do that?"

   "Yes! Of course!" She nods and makes her wings appear. They're small and see-through and look like glass.

   "Oh wow~ alright thank you! Please do be careful!"

   "I will!" She nods and flies off.

   "What about me?" Lay asks.

   "Hm," You look out to see already quite a few soldiers wounded. "We have a lot of casualties, I'll come with you and help you get some of the soldiers in, so you can heal them, is that alright?"

   "Ah! Alright!" Lay nods and runs down stairs towards the infirmary.

   "Alright!" You run downstairs as well following him. Outside the field is in chaos as the warriors, soldiers, and rogues all battle one another. The ground is destroyed and burnt where the cannon balls have landed. "Ah, let's get the soldiers nearby first!" You see a wounded soldier nearby and run up to him. Jing flies by and helps you carry him inside where Lay is quick to attend to his wounds. "Thanks! We'll be back with the others!" You run out and find another soldier and pick him up under his armpits and hold him. Just as you're carrying him back you notice several of the rogues pile on top of Kris holding him down and Tao attempts to help him, but is being held back by quite a few rogues as well.

   "Tsk! Jing! Can you take this man inside?! Kris is in trouble!"

   "R-right! I got him!" She takes ahold of him and flies off.

   You see a nearby sword and grab it running toward them.

   "Iseul! Urgh! Stay back!" You hear Kris yell.

   "What?! No!" He's still struggling. You get closer to the rouges and Tao and Kris.

   Kris uses all his strength and pushes the rogues off, but something seems wrong. He's holding his head as if he's in pain. "Kris!?"

   "Get back!" He screams and his whole body lights up as a wave of heat surrounds the field, burning the grass to a crisp. Tao realizes what's happening and runs towards you, grabs you and pulls you back before Kris disappears in an explosion of fire and light. Your eyes widen and you hold onto Tao's arm tightly.

   "Kris!?" The smoke and ash clear and from it a large dragon with scales as red as blood, emerges. Smoke billowing from the nostrils and magma spills from it's fangs. You stare at the dragon in shock. "Is that... Kris?" As you look closer you see scar tissue on it's back where it's wings are supposed to be. The scales look damaged and distorted. "Ah..." You grimace seeing the painful sight.

   The dragon, Kris, uses his large claws to easily swipe the rogues away. Pushing them aside and baring his fangs to scare them off. You watch the scene before you in shock and soon realize how tightly you've been holding onto Tao's arm and loosen your grip.

   "I've never seen this form of him..." Tao stares in amazement.

   You stare back at Kris again, the flames surrounding him. He stands on his hind legs and raises his head back and releases a terrifying roar that sends the rogues scattering and running for the hills. Chills take over your body, hearing the terrifying roar and you shudder. From the corner of your eye you see a cannon pointed at Kris and one of the rogues standing behind it, ready to shoot.

   "Shi-! Tao! Stop time now!!"

   "Wha-!?" He yells, the roar has effected his hearing as he looks at you confused.

   You pull on his ear and scream, "STOP TIME!!!!"

   "Ow!" He screams in pain, but successfully stops time before the cannon ball can reach Kris.

   You sigh... "Thank you Tao..." He rubs his ear and looks at you while pouting. "Ah! S-sorry! It's was a moment if panic!"

   Jing picks up a large rock and smashes it over the head of the rogue at the cannon, knocking him out.

   "Oh wow!" You give her a thumbs up and look back to where Kris is. In another flash of flame and smoke Kris returns to his human form, but he's lost all strength in his legs and falls to the ground. "Kris!!" You run up to him and kneel down. "Guys help! We need to get him back to the infirmary!"

   Tao and Chen run up and help carry him to the infirmary where Lay runs his hands up and down, inspecting his body. "I think it's just exhaustion, transforming into our spirit animals does take a lot out of us." Lay explains.

   You nod, "I see..."

   "He just needs to recharge until he gets his energy back." Lay says calmly and smiles at you.

   "Ah o-okay..." You give him a small smile and feel the tightness in your chest go away, feeling relieved, that he's alright.

   "If all he needs is energy, I have plenty right here!" Chen says wiggling bits of electricity between his fingers.

   "You can give people energy too?" You ask surprised.

   "Sure!" He smirks and pokes Kris sending a jolt of energy through him. You look to see if anything happens to Kris from the energy.

   He sits upright and coughs, his lungs full of smoke, "Ack! Chen!" He glares. "Never do that again!" You smile seeing him alright and now conscious. "Oh, my back is going to be sore in the morning." He groans.

   "Well, he's definitely back to himself."

   "Kris! I'm so glad that you're ok!" Jing squeals happily and wraps her arms around him. He groans again and she immediately jumps back. "Oops! Sorry!" She apologizes. You chuckle.

   "Agh... It's alright... Let's all get cleaned up and get some rest, huh?" He slowly gets up and Tao offers him his shoulder for support. He takes it and slowly they walk to Kris's room.

   Soon everyone begins to leave getting ready for bed. "Ah! Lay? Do you have any herbal oils?"

   "Hm? Sure, what for?" He looks at you curiously.

   "For Kris, since he's complaining about his back being sore I thought maybe rubbing some oil, especially ones for soreness and back pain, might help a little."

   "Oh! That's a good idea!" Lay smiles and rummages through some drawers before he pulls out a couple of jars with all kinds of leaves and herbs.

   "Oh wow! Um..." I look the through the oils finding Clary Sage oil! Then I found it and right next to it I see eucalyptus oil. "I'll take these two!"

   "Ok!" Lay smiles and hands them to you.

   "Thank you! Good night lay!"

   "Good night!" He bows and returns to his room.

   You walk to Kris's room and knock on it. "It's me, Iseul can I come in?"

   "Oh, Iseul! Yeah, come on in." You hear him groan again.

   You slowly open the door and walk in. "I brought some oils to ease your body pain."

   "Really?" He raises an eyebrow.

   You nod, "See?" You hold up the oils. "One is to be applied to where your pain is and the other is just like aromatherapy it relaxes the muscles."

   "Hm... I suppose I'll try anything at this point." He says and removes his shirt, his torso is littered with burns and bruises, but nothing major. You hand him the oil that's supposed to be applied and take the other oil and unscrew it, letting the scent of the eucalyptus oil fill the room. He looks at you with a confused expression. "You have to apply it." He states.

   "Ah, right! Sorry!" You take the oil from him. "Turn around." He does as you say and tries to relax his muscles. You pour some oil onto your hand and rub your hands, then slowly you place your hands gently on his back and begin to rub carefully in circular motions. "Sorry if this burns..."

   "Hm... It feel nice..." He hums.

   "That's good." You take more oil and begin rubbing his back, first gently but then, massaging to make sure to soothe his aching muscles

   "Thanks Iseul..." He says gently. "Thank you for all that you've done."

   You smile, "I didn't do much..." You finish up and close the lid on the bottle. "Well, get some rest and you shouldn't feel really that sore in the morning." He smiles reassuringly to you and lays back down. You bring the sheets over him. "Good night." He snores softly as you begin to leave. You smile and blow the candle out and close the door behind you. You walk back into your room and get into bed and fall asleep.

   The next morning Xiumin greets you in the kitchen as usual. You smile, "morning Xiumin! I see Kris's breakfast tray. I'll take his breakfast to him."

   "Ah, that won't be necessary, Iseul!" Kris says as he walks past you and sits down at the table taking his tray with him and starting to eat.

   Xiumin's jaw drops as he stares in awe. Your eyes widen. "Uh... Morning Kris...how are you feeling?"

   "I feel great!" He says through a few bites of egg. "Better than great even!" He stretches his long limbs out and smiles at you.

   "Oh wow! That's good!"

   Xiumin runs out and comes back holding Lay by the arm. "Lay! Lay! There's something wrong with Kris! He's- he's... He's happy!" You laugh at Xiumin's sudden outburst.

   "Hm?" Lay looks from Xiumin to you to Kris and back looking very confused.

   "Lay did you have breakfast yet? Eat!" You ignore his confusion and tell him to sit down.

   "Oh! Ok." He says and sits down. You place his plate with food on it. "Thank you~!" He smiles and starts eating.

   I look over at Xiumin, "Xiumin?"

   "S-sorry, I'm still in shock." He says looking a bit out of it.

   You chuckle, "hurry and eat your breakfast will you?"

   "Right!" He prepares his own plate and sits next to Lay and begins eating.

   "Where are the others? Are they up yet?"

   "Good morning everyone~! I went to check on Kris and he wasn't in his room, do you guys know wh-!? Kris!? What are-!?" Jing stops in her tracks and stares at Kris.

   You walk up to her and take her hand. "C'mon! Eat!"

   "Ah! Alright!" You place a plate of food infront of her. "Th-thank you!" She glances at Kris as he continues eating.

   "I guess it really is surprising for him to eat here." You think to yourself. Soon enough Tao, Chen and Luhan join you and they all share similar reactions to seeing Kris there. Everyone finishes eating and you get up to wash the dishes.

   "Did you put something in his water?" Xiumin asks you in a hushed whisper.

   "Or use hypnotism?" Luhan asks.

   "Did you cast a spell on him?" Tao looks at you as if you might be a witch.

   "What?! Guys no! I didn't do anything! I swear!!"

   "It's probably the herbal oils she gave him." Lay says as he hands you the rest of the dishes.

   "Huh? They're just oils though." You take the rest of the dishes and wash them as well.

   "What exactly did you use?" Chen asks. "Cat nip for dragons?"

   "What?! No I used Clary Sage oil and Euculyptus oil!"

   "That is like catnip to dragons!" Luhan says a bit too loudly.

   "I-I didn't know!! Lay didn't say anything about that!"

   "Ah, I might have forgotten to mention it..." Lay mutters.

   "Forgotten? Haa will he be okay?"

   "He'll be fine, it'll wear off eventually." Lay says.

   "But in the meantime we're stuck with a happy-go-lucky Kris... It's unnatural..." Luhan looks back at Kris as he chats with Jing and he's smiling so brightly.

   "Well, it's not bad to be happy..."

   "Ah, no... It's not, but... It's just weird... For Kris..." Chen says quietly. You nod understanding.

   "Maybe from now on, use smaller amounts." Lay says.

   "Ah right, sorry." You finish the dishes and dry your hands.

   "So what are we going to do now?" Tao asks.

   "Hm? Well, what do you guys generally do? Training? Games?"

"Yeah! Let's play that foot ball game that Luhan came up with again!" Chen says excitedly.

   "Ah okay! And Chen I think you just made the name for the game Football!"

   "Oh! Really!?" Chen smiles.

   You nod. "Let's go then!" You go outside ready to pick teams. "Okay! Luhan choose your team!"

   "Hm... I pick Xiumin and Chen!"

   "Okay! So Tao and Lay! You're with me!"

   "Hey! I wanna play too!" Kris jumps onto the field.

   "You wanna play?"

   "Yeah, can't I?" He asks.

   "Of course you can! Um, you can take my place! I'll sit next to Jing."

   "You can play too! If Jing plays we'll still have an even number of people!" Lay says.

   "Ah, that's true! You guys pick your team then!"

   "You can pick which team you want to be on!" Luhan says. "My team has Xiumin and Chen, Kris's team has Tao and Lay."

   "Hm? Oh! Okay Jing wanna pick first I don't really mind which team I'm in."

   "Ah! Ok! I guess... I'll pick Kris's team!" Jing says jumping off the bench.

   "Okay I'll be on Luhan's team! I run to where they're standing."

   "Let's play some foot ball!" Chen cheers and throws the ball into the air. Xiumin kicks the ball and dribbles it to the other side toward your goal. Kris jumps in front of him and steals the ball from him.

   "Oh!" You run near him trying to find the chance to take the ball from him. He dribbles around you and runs towards the net. "Ah!" You try to run up to him, but suddenly he kicks the ball into the net.

   "Yeah! Beat that!" He cheers.

   "I hate this Kris..." Chen glares.

   "Haha Chen! It's okay we'll get the old Kris back, and we can win this game!"

   "Yeah! Toss me the ball!" Luhan yells. You get the ball and toss it to him. He starts dribbling toward their net and calls for you as back up. You sprint around the area where he is and continue running, keeping an eye on the ball. Kris comes up from behind suddenly and kicks the ball so hard it flies out of bounds... Way out of bounds...

   Your jaw drops. "Um..."

   "I'll get it!" Jing makes her wings appear and she flies off after it. You wait for her to come back. A few minutes pass and later you realize that it's been an hour.

   "Um..." You look around worried why it's taking her so long.

   "Maybe we should go look for her?" Tao asks.

   "Yeah, we should." You begin to walk in the direction she flew in.

   "Maybe I can contact her." Luhan closes his eyes and concentrates. You wait to see if anything comes up. "Ah!" He clutches his head in pain.

   "Luhan?!"

   "It's Jing! She's in trouble!" Luhan exclaims.

   "What?! Can you tell where she is?"

   "I think she's on the trail that leads to the mountains... She's been captured by the rogues!" He says.

   "Aish! We better hurry then!"

   "Let's go!" Xiumin rushes everyone towards the trail. You continue to run in a hurry and soon see in the distance a group a bit up the trail. A group of horses are pulling a caravan down the trail and in the caravan is a small cage where Jing is sitting holding tightly onto the ball, looking terrified.

   "Ah, there she is!"

   "What should we do? If we go down there suddenly we might spook the horses and they'll run off with Jing inside." Xiumin watches as the rogues walk closely near the caravan.

   "Make an obstacle in front of them? So they won't run away?"

   "Maybe... That might- hey! Where do you think you're going!?" Luhan yells as Kris begins sliding down the hill towards the caravan.

   "Kris!!" The rogues turn towards you when they hear the noise and see Kris approaching. They begin drawing their weapons.

   "Aish! Guess a head on attack now! Guys distract them! I'll try to get Jing out!"

   "Ok!" Chen gives you a thumbs up as the others move forward.

   "Hey, remember me?" Kris smirks as he gets closer. The rogues back away nervously but keep an eye on the caravan. You slowly get near the caravan crouching down behind the thick bushes.

   "Hey~! Dummies!" Chen yells at them. "Bet you can't catch me!" He sticks his tongue out and laughs.

Luhan and Lay throw a few stones at them from another direction while Tao stands near Kris, wondering what he's planning.

   You're right next to the caravan waiting for the perfect moment to make your move. "Ah! Iseul! What are you doing here?" Jing looks at you.

   You put a finger to your lips. "Shh..."

   "Oh! Sorry..." She whispers. You nod and look at the rogues and the guys. Half of the rogues are scattered chasing Luhan, Lay and Chen around the hills while Kris and Tao are busy fighting the rest of them. Tao bumps into the caravan scaring the horses and they start running off. "Ah!" Jing screams as the small cage nearly tumbles out. Xiumin jumps in front of the horses and puts up a wall of ice to stop them.

   "Ah!" You run up to the caravan and see a lock. "Shoot! Um..." You look around and find a large rock. You pick it up and throw it down with force on the lock. The lock cracks and you hit it again, and it breaks off. You open the cage. "Come on!"

   "Ah! Thank you!" Jing crawls out still holding onto the ball.

   "Haa..." You shake your head, "c'mon let's get out of the middle of this battle so we don't get hurt!" You take her hand and run back into the bushes.

   "Alright! We got Jing! Let's go!" Luhan states. The guys stop and quickly run to you leaving the rogues wounded and you run back down the trail.

   "Kris! What are you doing!? Let's get going!" Xiumin shouts at Kris who's still battling with the rogues.

   "Kris!!" You yell. You stop running and look at him. "Yah!!"

   "I am invincible!!" He shouts as he throws a rogue off of him and onto another one.

   "I am burning all the dragon nip when we get back..." Chen grumbles.

   "Haa, sounds like a good idea... Kris!!! Get your over here!!!" Tao hits Kris on the back of the head and he turns to glare at him and notices everyone has already left. Tao then drags him back to join the others. "Aish, let's get going." You mutter and turn around walking. Once back at the castle the boys lean against the wall feeling a bit worn out, all except for Kris who looks too energetic. You sit on the floor, your legs aching and just watch Kris run around saying random nonsense.

   "Come on you guys! What's wrong with you! I'm pumped! I need some action!" He kicks his legs in the air.

   "Lay, is there anything that can seriously calm him down?"

   "Um... There might be..." He says hesitantly.

   "Really?! Then why didn't you say anything about it before?"

   "I might've forgotten to mention it..."

   "Ah, of course Anyway! Tell me! What is there that can calm him down?"

   "Luhan..." Lay looks at him.

   "Ah, yeah. I'll do it." Luhan says.

   "Hm?" You look between the two confused, "what's Luhan gonna do?"

   "I'm going to need some help holding him down though." Luhan says.

   "Ah, want me to?" You look at him.

   "Be careful! He's really strong!" Lay says.

   "Ah okay..." You walk up to Kris and look up at him.

   Tao and Chen join you as they tackle Kris. Xiumin holds down his arms as he yells and squirms. "Agh!! What are you doing!?"

   "Chill Kris!! It's nothing!"

   Luhan gets closer and kneels down and puts his hands on Kris's head. He concentrates and Kris falls asleep.

   "Is that all?" You look at him.

   "Yeah, by tomorrow the effects should have worn off." Luhan sighs.

   "Haa, that's good then."

   "Now let's all get some sleep." Chen lays on the grass and takes a deep breath.

   "Hm..." You lie down as well and stare up at the sky.

   Everyone follows along and just lies down. "This is nice." Lay smiles.

   "It is..." You smile, closing your eyes.

   "Hey! If we fall asleep out here... Yawn... Ugh! We'll all get sick!" Xiumin fights back another yawn.

   "Hmm, we won't be asleep...yawn... For too long it's just like a small nap..." You slowly feel yourself falling asleep.

   "Aigoo..." Xiumin looks worried. "Alright then, I'll get some sleeping bags." He gets up and returns with several sleeping bags in his arms and passes them around.

   "Zzzzzz..."

   "Oh no! Is she out already!?"

   "Zzzzzz..."

   Xiumin sighs as he covers you with a blanket, making sure you're warm and Tao does the same for Kris. Soon everyone gets into a sleeping bag and drifts off under the starry sky.

   The next morning, you stir hearing bird noises "Ah, they're so loud today!" You pull the covers over your head annoyed.

   "Haha! Good morning to you too sunshine." You hear Chen chuckle.

   "Huh?!" You slowly take a peek and see Chen, and slowly get up stretching. "Did we actually fall asleep here last night?"

   "Yep! Besides Kris, you were the first to go! Out like a light!" Chen snaps his fingers and a little spark shoots off.

   "Ah I did?! I'm so sorry!"

   "What are you sorry for?" Xiumin asks.

   "Yeah, I think we should do this more often~!" Lay says.

   "Haha! That's true! It was really nice."

   "Is Kris up yet?" Jing slowly emerges from her sleeping bag cacoon.

   You look over to see if he is up, "nope."

   "Goodness..." Tao sighs. "I've never seen him like this... But I suppose that it's both good and bad that we did get to see him so happy."

   "Hmm, yeah." You nod and get out of your sleeping bag and suddenly notice Kris stirring, "ah! I think he's waking up."

   "Why is it so noisy? And why is my bed so hard?" He looks down and rubs the back of his neck. "Why am I outside?"

   You look at the others.

   "Um... You wanna explain, Lay?" Luhan asks turning to the healer who shakes his head no.

   "Um... Well..." You look at the others and decide you might as well be the one to explain. "You see... I guess because of the oils I applied and you smelled, um when you woke up you were... Different? And well after some events we all decided to camp out here cause you also feel asleep here..."

   He slowly looks around trying to process everything and just shrugs and lies back down. "I need breakfast and a cup of coffee..." He sighs.

   "Coming right up!" Xiumin gets up and runs to the kitchen.

   "Well he took it pretty calmly... Why were the others that afraid to say anything about it?" You shrug to yourself.

   Jing crawls over to Kris, still lying on her stomach, she carefully places a flower crown on his head and giggles.

   "Hm, they look cute together." You think to yourself. Soon you see Xiumin come back with a breakfast tray.

   "Here ya go, your majesty~!" Xiumin says jokingly.

   Kris rolls his eyes and sits up. "What is this?" He sees a flower petal fall onto his nose.

   "Pft!" You turn around and suddenly your stomach growls and it's loud. You feel your cheeks become hot.

   "Haha! Let's all get some food!" Xiumin chuckles.

   "Okay..." You mutter, still embarrassed.

   Kris eats a piece of bacon and pushes Tao away as he tries to steal his eggs. You chuckle and walk into the kitchen with Xiumin and prepare everyone's breakfasts. Everyone sets up a blanket outside and starts eating. You finish eating your food and when you see Kris is done eating, you take his tray from his lap and your plate and walk back into the kitchen and wash them.

   "You really seem to be enjoying yourself here." Luhan says as he helps you.

   "Hm? Ah well, I guess I've just gotten used to the place..."

   "Yeah, it's too bad that you're a human." He says quietly so the others don't hear.

   You drop your plate and look at him, your eyes widened in shock.

   "I'm sorry to surprise you like this, but you know you can't stay. This isn't your world."

   "He's right... Why have I stayed so long here? I wasn't even planning to be here..." You think to yourself.

   "I'm just letting you know now, so that you don't get too attached, I should have done it sooner, but it just never seemed like the right time."

   You look back at the plates, and nod.

   "Do you know how to get back?" He asks.

   "W-well I came here through a hole..."

   "Xiumin's rabbit hole? That won't work, it's a one way door."

   "Oh I see..."

   "In a couple of days there's going to be a full moon and when there is there's a portal in the lake that'll take you home."

   You nod, "in a couple of days..."

   "I suggest you take those days to say your goodbyes." Luhan finishes up with the dishes and leaves you with your thoughts. Your vision suddenly becomes watery and you look up trying to get them to go away. You hear Luhan's voice telling you about leaving and telling you to say your goodbyes to everyone... But he's right, you don't belong here...

   "Hey, you ok?" Lay approaches you.

   "Hm!? Ah y-yeah, I'm fine Lay!" You give him a small smile but don't look at him, afraid he might be able to tell you're lying and concentrate on washing the dishes.

   "You don't sound fine." He puts his hand on your shoulder. "Is something bothering you?" You flinch by his touch. "Iseul?" He almost sounds hurt.

   "Ah! L-Lay! I..." You stop yourself and look away. "I'm going to my room... Excuse me..." You walk around him, your head hanging low.

   "Iseul!" He tries to stop you.

   "Ah, sorry Lay, I just.... Need some time alone..." You say not looking at him. He stands there dumbfounded, wondering what he can do to help. You continue to walk away from him feeling the tears threatening to burst.

   "Hey, Iseul, where are you going?" Jing asks you.

   "Um... To our room..."

   "Oh! I'll join you! It's almost time to do some spring cleaning."

   "Ah, um..." You just nod. Having no excuse and you walk in silence to your room... Her room...

   "Hey, you seem down... Is everything alright?"

   "Hm? Ah no don't worry!" You turn around looking at your stuff, and see the dress and jewelry you wore the first day you came here and sigh.

   "Oh! I remember when you wore that! It's so pretty, is that traditional wear in your kingdom?" Jing asked,

   "Y-yes it is..."

   "I forgot to ask. Why did you come to this kingdom?"

   "I..." You stay quiet, "Just kinda travel... Wanting to get away from my life there..."

   "Oh, you're a traveler? Well, I hope you stay here longer,  we all really like having you here."

   "Tsk! A-actually.... I'm thinking of going back..."

   "What!? No! You can't!" She pleads getting teary eyed.

   "J-jing... I mean I don't know exactly when!" You cover up.

   "Wh-why do you have to go?"

   "Ah... W-well it's my home there, right? But please don't tell anyone yet!!! Please keep it a secret!"

   "B-but..." She pouts.

   "Please Jing! I told you first trusting you that you won't tell anyone!"

   "Ok..." She continues to pout sitting on the bed.

   You stay silent for awhile, but you want to be alone... You can't continue this act any longer. "Um... I'm gonna go for some fresh air I'll be back..."

   "Are you sure?" She stands up. You put on a fake smile and nod. She sits back down and let's a few tears fall. You look away unable to watch any more and walk out.

   It's quiet outside, still a bit sunny and bright despite the depressing mood. You walk around not really caring where you're going and let yourself drown in your own thoughts about how to tell everyone goodbye, what will happen when you get back... And so on...

   "Look out!" Xiumin cries as a ball comes flying towards you.

   "Huh?!" You look up. The ball hits you in the head knocking you backwards. "Ah! Ouch..." You rub your head and looking around feeling a bit dizzy.

   "Oh my gosh! Are you ok!?" Xiumin runs over to help you up.

   "Ah, y-yeah I'm alright! Don't worry."

   "Let's get Lay to look at it." He says leading you to the infirmary.

   "Ah w-wait Xiumin! I'm fine really!" You try to argue.

   "Are you sure? You seem kind of out of it."

   You bite your lip and look around. "Are you busy right now?"

   "Hm? No not really... Just practicing some foot ball..."

   "Ah well..." You stop yourself. You look at Xiumin and look away. "Ah, no it's nothing."

   "You wanna practice too?"

   "Hm? Ah no, it's okay."

   "Hey, wait." He grabs your arm gently. "Is this about the... You know what?" He asks. You look down not saying anything. "Did something happen? Did Kris find out!?"

   "Ah, well Kris didn't, but it seems Luhan knew this entire time who I was... And I guess he sorta opened my eyes again Xiumin..."

   "What!? I'll go talk to him! Sort things out! I know he'll keep your secret!"

   "Xiumin... I'm leaving...."

   "What!? Why!?"

   "I'm not someone who really belongs here Xiumin... You know that."

   "No! You do! Everyone wants you here, everyone loves having you here!"

   "But would they love having me here knowing the truth!?" You yell.

   "I know the truth and I still want you here! Should we ask them and find out?"

   "Xiumin... I don't think it'll do anything... More likely they'll feel hurt.... They've been lied to... I-I can't..."

   "You... Can't go..." He pleads.

   You give a pained smile to Xiumin and suddenly instinct takes over for a sec and you hug him. "T-thank you for everything! You're the best friend I could've asked for and I'm no good at speaking about touchy subjects like this but I'll never forget you, furball."

   He freezes up in the embrace but relaxes and hugs you back. "I thought I told you not to call me that..." He chuckles despite the tears in his eyes.

   You hug him for a bit longer, feeling a tear escaping, but you pull back.

   "Hey~!" Chen laughs as he approaches. "Oops! I'm sorry! Are you two having a moment?"

   "Ah! N-no!" You laugh a little looking away to wipe your tear.

   "Hm? Are you crying?" Chen looks at you surprised.

   "Wha?! Me crying? Pshh, please, like that'll ever happen!" You joke.

   Suddenly you feel Chen wrap his arms around you. "Hey, it's ok to cry." He says resting his chin on top of your head. "I don't know why you're crying, but if there's anything I can do to make you feel better, you just name it."

   You stay there for a bit before wrapping your arms around him, you shake your head. "This hug makes me feel better!" You smile up at him. He smiles back at you, his little cat-like grin that scared you at first suddenly warms your heart. You hug him for a bit longer, then pull back, "Thanks..." He ruffles your hair and pats you on the back before waving and walking off. You sigh... All these people you've met... You've become attached to...

   "Are you sure that there's nothing I can do for you?" Xiumin asks.

   You smile, "Xiumin you've done more than I could ever ask for! I should be the one who owes you!"

   "Hm... We should do at least one last thing before you go. A big feast? A game? A party?" He starts looking excited.

   "Haha!" You ruffle his hair.

   "What do you say?" He looks at you with big round eyes.

   "I'd love that! We should do it!"

   "Yay!" He smiles and jumps up and down. "I'll tell everyone to prepare!"

   "Ah! Wait make sure not to tell them anything about me leaving only you and Jing know... but I told my reason for her differently."

   "Oh! Really? Um... Ok..." He says looking down.

   You sigh and pat him on the shoulder... "Ah! I'm gonna teach a few dishes from where I'm from so you can make them! Like that?"

   "Ah! I'd love that!" He brightens up immediately.

   You chuckle, "well, shall we get going?"

   "Yep!" He smiles and hooks arms with you. You smile and walk into the kitchen. "What should we make first?" He asks excitedly.

   "Hmm wanna go backwards and start with the dessert?!"

   "Ah! Ok! Something sweet? And cold like your patbingsoo?"

   "Something and sweet and cold, well we won't be using ice as an ingredient for this one but it's definitely sweet and cold!"

   "Ooh! What is it?"

   "It's called red bean jelly! So we'll need red beans! We had leftovers from last time, so we'll use those red beans!"

   "Ooh! Ok! And I'll use my abilities to keep it cold!"

   "Haha alright! Let's get cooking!"

   "Yeah!"

 

   "Xiumin, Iseul..." Luhan approaches you slowly and hesitantly. You feel yourself stiffen but don't say anything. He clears his throat before speaking. "I need you at the front gates. The rogues are outside the castle again, but something's different this time... They're not attacking."

   You look at him. "They're not.,. Attacking?" He nods.

   "Sorry, looks like we're going to have to put a rain check on your party." Xiumin looks at you apologetically.

   You smile, "It's alright! Let's hurry!" Outside there is only a small number of rogues standing in front of Kris and the others. You slowly walk up to stand next to the others and look at the rogues. Kris steps forward to speak to one of the rogues and he hands Kris a scroll. You wait to see what the scroll has to say.

   Kris looks at it suspiciously and carefully unravels it. "A peace treaty?" He looks up surprised.

   "Huh!? A peace treaty just like that? There's gotta be a catch..." You think. Kris glances at Luhan who only shrugs his shoulders. Neither of them know how to react. You look at the rogues' expression trying to get something out of their expressions. But you can't tell... They're hiding their emotions well.

   "I'll have to speak with my royal advisor first, but I'll let you know our decision later." He ushers everyone back inside. You get inside and look at both of them confused.

   "Everyone in the conference room, now!" He orders. You look at Xiumin and walk with him to the conference room. The conference room is a round room with a high ceiling and a circular table. Kris takes a seat and so do the rest and you wait for Kris to say something.

   Luhan unrolls the scroll fully, laying it across the table to read it. "This is a peace treaty from the Western Kingdom!" He exclaims. Everyone is silently processing what they just heard. Xiumin unfolds a map next to the scroll. The map shows all four kingdoms and where they're located. You look at the map.

   "We're the eastern kingdom, here," he points to the larger kingdom on the map, the one surrounded by the magical forest. You nod. Everyone listens. "And the Western Kingdom is all the way over here, across the river." He drags his finger across the map, landing on another kingdom surrounded by desert. "Apparently that's where all the rogues have been coming from."

   "Why should we sign a peace treaty after all the trouble that they've caused us!?" Kris fumes angrily. Actual steam can be seen coming from his ears and nose.

   "B-but.... Why did they suddenly want a peace treaty?" You shake your head, "it doesn't exactly make sense." You wonder.

   "Well for one thing, if we sign this peace treaty this means that the attacks on the castle will stop." Luhan points out.

   You nod, "That's true..."

   "Aw! And miss out on my weekly exercise?" Chen jokes.

   You roll your eyes, he always needs to joke around doesn't he? You smile.

   "So what? The king and queen of the Western Kingdom are staying here to sign the peace treaty if we agree to it?" Kris asks.

   "Well, the Western Kingdom only has a queen, but yes, it's a long trek from one kingdom to another, so we'd have to find a spare room for her to stay in while she's here." Luhan explains. You raise your eyebrows in surprise but keep quiet.

   "Fine." Kris reluctantly agrees. He suddenly stands up holding the peace treaty in his hands. "Tell the rogues that we'll sign the peace treaty after meeting with the queen." Kris commands. Luhan nods and goes back down to speak with them. The leader, it seems, sends a hawk with a letter attached. You look around for a bit and slowly everyone gets up.

   A few hours later and the queen finally arrives in a caravan. Her face is covered as she steps out and stands in front of Kris. You stay silent waiting to see what the queen will say, if anything at all. She slowly removes her veil and Kris noticeably becomes paler and everyone else looks on in shock. You look at what everyone seems to be in shock at and take a look for yourself.

   "It's nice to see you again, Kris." She smiles.

   Kris gulps and mutters nervously. "R-Rose?"

   You look at him, "They know each other?" It's hard to tell at first, but you recognize her from family portraits. She's your aunt and your father's younger sister. "W-what is this woman... She's human then..." You stare at her in shock.

   "If I sign the peace treaty you gain access to my kingdom, that's what you want, isn't it? But what do you have to offer that I want? What do I gain if I sign it?" Kris questions. You look at your... So called aunt waiting for her response.

   She steps back and the rogues push something large and heavy covered by a tarp. "I just thought, that you might want these back." She says as she pulls the tarp off, revealing a glass case with red dragon wings hanging inside.

   "Those are..." You look back at Kris then at her, realizing... "This woman was the one who was his lover, that means my father... He's the one?! Who did this...." You think to yourself in shock. Kris freezes and can't seem to move or process what's going on. "T-this.... Kris..." You look at him worried

   "That's the woman that stole Kris's wings! What is she doing here!?" Jing whispers. You can't seem to say anything, your throat has gone dry.

   "Maybe she's changed... Maybe she's a better person..." Chen says sarcastically.

   "I wish that was true... This woman probably doesn't know me she's never visited... But more importantly will Kris be alright?" You continue to think and try handling all the thoughts running through your head.

   "Let me show you to your room." Luhan says and Tao hesitantly carries her bags as they both go back inside.

   "Kris?" You slowly say his name looking at him.

   "I... I need to be alone for a moment..." He quickly walks back inside following closely behind. You watch him leave and look at the others.

   "What should we do now?" Xiumin asks.

   "I-I don't know..." You see the woman's face in your mind again and a picture of your family portrait. You gulp holding back tears filled with anger and sadness.

   "Why don't we do some training? In case this whole peace treaty thing falls through." Chen says. You nod and walk to the training room. "Show me what you got!" Chen taunts.

   "Ooh~! You're gonna get it!" You yell smirking. You take two daggers. Suddenly Rose walks into the training room with a couple of rogues with her and you suddenly stop.

   "Mind if a few of my soldiers join you?" Rose asks politely. You stay quiet looking away from her. But notice Chen just nods, his face hardening show no emotion.

   "As you can probably tell, they need the training just as much as you do." Chen just nods again. "How about a little combat practice? It never hurts to keep your soldiers in shape." Rose smiles.

   You look at the rogues and see a familiar face, maybe that's just you, but he's been in the battles you've been in as well but would always flee with the rest of them. Chen and Xiumin spar with the rogues as a couple rogues offer to practice with you. You nod agreeing and hold your daggers up, you decided to practice on blocking. They throw a few punches and kicks and some of them seem a little too real for just practice. You don't like the feeling you're getting from these guys... You continue to practice acting like you haven't noticed anything. Chen and Xiumin glance at you nervously to make sure you're alright before focusing on their own practice matches. You "accidentally" kick one of the rouges, right after dodging their attack. One pushes you back causing you to lose your balance and fall. "Ah!" You fall on your back and wince but slowly get back up. They continually push you back down until one of the rogues holds you down while the other bends your arm back behind you and the pain is unbearable. You start to hear your bones cracking. "Ah! Yah!!" You scream when you hear the bone crack.

   "Hey! Stop that!" You hear Chen and Xiumin yell as they push the rogues off of you.

   "Ugh..." You try to get up, but one of your hands feel painful to even move and you hug it to your chest.

   "What's going on here!?" Kris yells, visibly upset. Xiumin and Chen help you up and you look at the rogues.

   "Oh my, it seems like this one wasn't able to handle herself very well. Maybe she isn't as well suited for combat as you thought." Rose says sympathetically. You stare at Rose, her voice shows sympathy but her eyes show nothing of the sort.

   "Come on, let's get you to Lay." Xiumin picks you up and carries you to the infirmary.

   "T-thanks..." You arrive at the infirmary and Xiumin puts you on a bed.

   Lay hovers his hand over your shoulder and arm and hisses at the results. "You've got some serious bone and muscle damage." He states.

   "Ah..." You wince accidentally moving yourself.

   "I can heal it, but it's going to take quite a bit of time. You should meet with me daily so I can repair the bone damage, but a lot of the muscle damage has to heal on it's own."

   You nod. "Thank you Lay."

   "We'll have daily 10-minute sessions to apply the right amount of magic and medicine."

   "Alright."

   Lay carefully wraps up your arm in a sling. "As long as you don't put too much pressure on it, it shouldn't hurt, but if you do feel any pain, come see me right away."

   "Okay, I will!" You smile up at him. As you and Xiumin exit the infirmary Luhan pulls you two into the supply closet where you can't be heard. "What is it Luhan?" You ask concerned.

   "The full moon is coming soon, and I think with Rose's arrival, now would be a good time for Iseul to leave."

   "Luhan... I can't leave now, knowing that... I won't be able to live with myself knowing I left you guys with that witch... Something isn't right about her... Luhan... There's something I found out today, that makes me sick to my stomach... And... How about you read my mind and find out for yourself."

   "I already know. As soon as it entered your mind and I think that's even more of a reason for you to leave."

   "But... That woman something isn't right, I can't leave knowing that... Please let me help you all one last time before I leave! I know I stayed here for too long but it'll be my last and I'll be able to leave!"

   "You saw what happened! You're too weak! You can't stay here any longer! You're going to get hurt or even worse if you do!" Luhan argues.

   You bite your lip, "He's right..."

   "But the portal only opens on a full moon and it's in a cave deep below the surface. She'd have to swim to get to it and she's in no condition to swim with her injury!" Xiumin argues. You nod agreeing with him.

   Luhan sighs. "Fine... You can stay until the next full moon... But by then, I want you gone!"

   "I will! You don't need to remind I'll be gone!! The second full moon is when I'll leave I promise." Luhan nods and exits first leaving you and Xiumin. He pats your back to help comfort you. You sigh, "Well, we better get out of here before someone sees us or it might look weird."

   "Ah, yeah, it might..." He chuckles and peeks out the door, to make sure no one's around before leaving as well. You slowly walk out and close the door behind. "Get some rest." Xiumin says as he waves and walks back to his room. You smile and walk back to your room.

   Jing is rearranging a few items and things when you walk in. "Oh! Sorry for the mess Iseul! Rose wanted to borrow a few things from me."

   You raise your eyebrow. "For borrowing something it sure got messy, let me help."

   "Ah, no! No! I got it!"

   "Hm? You sure? Okay then..." You shrug. As Jing hurriedly cleans up the mess, you notice a few things in the process: a familiar flower crown, a red scale, a photo of someone...

   "Huh? Isn't the flower crown something she made for Kris? And a red scale... What is she...?"

   "Good night!" She quickly gets into bed and blows out the candle.

   "Ah, y-yeah good night..." You get into bed carefully and go to sleep.

The next morning...

   You get out of bed and walk into the kitchen. "Morning Xiumin!"

   "Oh! Good morning! You should go see Lay in the morning for your daily healing, get it out of the way as soon as possible, right?" He says pouring a cup of coffee.

   "Ah you're right I almost forgot! I'll go then!" In the the infirmary Lay is going over some notes in a notebook. "Ah! Lay! Good morning! Am I disturbing?"

   "Oh! Good morning Iseul! And no! Not at all! Please! Come in!" He walks over to the bed and sits down on a nearby chair. You sit on the bed and slowly take off your sling. Lay places his hands on your shoulder and begins the healing process.

   You sigh, "It feels relaxing."

   The process is long and the room seems to fill with an awkward silence. "Ah, sorry, I'm not very good at small conversation." Lay apologizes.

   "Haha it's alright!"

   "How about I sing you a song while we wait?"

   "Ah, you can sing? Whoa! I wanna hear!! Please sing!"

   He hums a bit before he starts singing a gentle and peaceful melody. It almost sounds like a lullaby. You close your eyes, smiling. "Wow his voice is beautiful." You think. Soon the healing process is over and Lay helps reattach your sling. "Thanks Lay, and your voice is so beautiful!" You exclaim and get down from the bed.

   "Oh, thank you!" He rubs the back of his neck shyly.

   "Hehe! Well I should get going! Xiumin might need my help in the kitchen."

   "Oh! Iseul, I didn't want to pry, but... How did you get your arm injury?" He asks looking concerned.

   "Ah, well during practice... Um... The rougues and we were practicing together and a few rouges pinned my down..."

   "That's not right, have you spoken to the queen about this?"

   "Ah, she was there the entire time..." You rub the back of your neck.

   "And she just let this happen!?"

   "Ah! Lay! Calm down! W-well maybe when they train, it's different from ours..." You say, highly doubting it to be true.

   "I-..." Lay hesitates to speak again. "I hate seeing you hurt Iseul... If any of those rogues ever touch you again..."

   "L-lay?" You pat his shoulder and smile.

   "Just be careful from now on, ok?"

   You smile. "I will." Back in the kitchen everyone is silently staring out the window as Xiumin idly makes some bread. "Hey guys! What's with the glum looks?"

   "Look in the dining room." Chen says pointing out the window everyone's looking through. You look through the window as well. In the dining room Kris and Rose are chatting, Kris doesn't look happy, but he doesn't exactly look angry or upset either... He seems calm at the least.

   "Ah..." You instantly quiet down.

   "What do you think they could be talking about?" Tao asks.

   "Hm? Treaty? Or... Maybe personal things..." You shrug and look away from the window. "Xiumin, want me to do anything?"

   "Ah, no! I've got everything covered! You shouldn't use your arms too much! Just relax." He says going back to his bread.

   "Haa," You pout, "fine..."

   "Maybe they're trying to rekindle the old flame..." Chen says curiously. "I'm just surprised that Kris isn't still mad at her."

   You nod, "yeah..."

   "Don't you people have anything better to do than to eavesdrop?" Luhan gives everyone a judging look.

   "Ah!" You look back to see Luhan. "Sorry..."

   He shakes his head and sighs as he joins Rose and Kris in their discussion.

   "Hmm..." You get tried of trying to eavesdrop and just walk around the kitchen.

   "Heh, if you're really that bored, maybe you could stir the soup with your good arm." Xiumin chuckles.

   "Ah! Yay! I can finally do something!" You go over to the soup and begin stirring. Out in the dining room you hear Rose, Luhan and even Kris burst into laughter. "They're laughing?"

   "I wonder what's so funny? I've never heard Kris laugh before!" Xiumin's eyes widen.

   "Oh wow never?! Hmm I wonder." You continue to stir the soup.  A few hours later and everyone returns to the dining room for lunch. Rose smiles as she chooses the seat next to you. You give her a small smile and look back at the table. As soon as everyone is sitting at the table, Kris stands to speak. You look over at Kris to see what he has to say.

   "After a great deal of time and consideration... I have decided to sign the peace treaty giving the Western Kingdom access to the Eastern Kingdom."

   "It's seems everything will be okay then..." You think to yourself.

   "Soon, trade will begin and Rose will be staying here from now on." Kris looks at Rose and she smiles back at him.

   "Staying... Here?" You wonder. Jing suddenly drops her spoon and quickly apologizes before picking it up. She looks even more surprised than everyone else. You look over at Jing worried. The meal begins and everyone is quiet, but the atmosphere on Kris's end of the table seems happy and bright. You look at everyone else and they all seem down... Especially Jing.... "I should talk to her after the meal." You say to yourself. Once the meal is over Kris and Rose remain at the table and continue chatting. It does seem like they have a lot to catch up on... Everyone gets up and you take the plates and place them in the sink to wash them.

   "You shouldn't be doing that with your arm in this condition!" Xiumin says gently taking the plates from you.

   "Ah! But I can't seem to do anything!" You whine. "I don't like it~"

   "I'm sure there's something that you can do... But in the meantime you have to avoid using that arm!"

   "Haa fine~ I'm going to go find Jing." In the hallway Jing is talking with Luhan, Tao and Chen. "Oh, she seems busy... I probably shouldn't interrupt their conversation."

   "Kris might be starting to like her again, but I don't trust her! I think she's up to something!" Jing tells the other boys who only look at her like she's crazy.

   "Ah, Jing... I guess she still doesn't trust here either. I don't blame her." You decide you might have her talk to you, the boys don't seem like their believing her, and it's not helping her out. "Jing! I was looking for you!" You walk over to her.

   "Huh? Me?" She asks looking confused.

   "Come on!"

   "Wh-where are we going!? I was saying something-!"

   "Jing, are you looking at their expressions?" You take her back to your room and close the door behind you.

   "What's going on?" She asks.

   "You tell me." You cross your arms and look at her.

   "What do you mean?" You walk to where you remember her putting her stuff away and rummage through her items looking for the flower crown and pick it up and show it to her. "Ah! That's-!"

   You put it back. "Jing... You like him don't you...?"

   "I don't know what you're talking about!" She looks away.

   You look for the scale and photo. You grab her shoulder. "Then explain these then?"

   "Those are just keepsakes!" She grabs them and hides them behind her back.

   "Haa... Jing let me ask you why you don't trust Rose then? Is it because Kris might like her again or do you really believe she's being fake and has something up her sleeve?"

   "Is that what this about?" Jing looks at you shocked.

   "Well... I'm worried Jing that's all..."

   "It's fine..." Jing goes to sit on her bed. "I know that people don't believe me, but it feels wrong if I don't at least try. There's just something about her that I don't like!"

   "You know... You're not the only one who has the same feeling..."

   "And I'm not saying that I do, but even if I did have feelings for Kris, it'd never work out... He's a king and I'm... Just the maid..."

   "So what if you're a maid! Status shouldn't define you as anything, nor should it stop you! I hate it when people bring in stupid statuses into the situation, they're nothing to me!" You look over at her realizing you just shouted. "S-sorry..."

   "I-it's ok..." She says calmly. "I had no idea you felt so strongly about this..." You look away. "You're a maid too, but you have the dignity and grace of a princess. Maybe if I were more like you..."

   "Princess?! Please! And don't you ever wish to be someone you're not! You're so sweet and kind hearted and a happy positive person! I even envy you!"

   "Re-really!?" Jing looks so surprised.

   "What's with that surprised expression?! Haha!" You pinch her cheek.

   "Aigoo! I'm not a baby!" She pouts but can't hold back her laughter. You smile, seeing her feel better.

   "We should get back to the kitchen... Well I should... Hey, maybe you can help Lay in the infirmary? He always needs help organizing his files."

   "Ah does he? Thank you! I can finally do something! Well then let's get going!"

   "Ok!" You both walk out and go in separate directions. You walk to the infirmary and peek inside.  Lay is seen with his head on his desk, a quiet snore is heard. "Oh! He's asleep! He must've tired himself out..."

   The wind blows a bit strongly outside and a tree branch knocks against the window waking Lay. "I'm up!" He sits up quickly and a sticky note is attached to his forehead.

   "Hehe!"

   "Oh! Iseul! What are you doing here? Does your arm hurt?"

   "Ah no, but I heard you might need help organizing some files so I thought I could help out." You walk over and peel the sticky note off his forehead. It says: 'don't forget to organize filing cabinet'. "Organize the filing cabinets? Mind if I help you?"

   "Oh! You don't mind? It is a lot of paperwork, it can be quite boring..."

   "Haha of course I don't mind, and I just want to be able to do something, it's boring to not do anything."

   "Ah, I see, well thank you so much!" He smiles, his dimples showing again. You smile and get to work on organizing. You're a bit slower since you can only use one arm. A few minutes into organizing, Lay gets up and moves to the other side of the room. "It's a little quiet in here, isn't it?"

   "Hmm, ah yeah..." He pulls aside a curtain revealing a small, old looking piano. "Ah! A piano? You can play the piano too?!"

   "Oh! Can you?"

   "Oh no! I meant like cause you sing and stuff. I was surprised to see you also have another talent!"

   "Oh, yeah, I like to play and write music in my spare time... It's nothing big, the others have never really been into this kind of stuff, although Luhan does have a great singing voice too!"

   "Oh wow! That's so cool!" You watch in anticipation, wanting to hear him play. He starts with a simple melody on the piano and later on starts singing. You're simply amazed by the performance, it's so beautiful.

   "So baby don't cry~ tonight~!" He sings with so much emotion that it almost makes you want to cry. You blink some tears away and smile listening. "Ah, we better get back to work before I forget what I was supposed to do." He chuckles and returns to his desk.

   "Ah, right!" You turn back and continue to finish up organizing the files. "That was amazing you know... I almost wanted to cry listening to your performance." You chuckle.

   "Oh, but the lyrics say not to cry!" Lay smiles.

   "Haha! Well that's true but I couldn't help it!"

   "Was it really that good? I don't have much confidence in myself since I usually don't perform in front of people."

   "What you don't?! You were absolutely amazing!!"

   "Oh, you really think so?" He giggles to himself sounding very pleased. You smile and soon finish up organizing.  The clock tower chimes 6 times signaling dinner time. "Oh! Is it that late already!? Wow, I lose track of time so easily."

   "Hm! Let's get going then!"

   "Ah! Right!" He puts the notebook, he was writing in, away and holds the door open for you.

   You smile "thanks!" And you both walk to where the others are, in the dinning room. Xiumin and Jing are just finishing setting up the table with food as people begin walking in. Kris and Rose approach holding hands and Jing's expression falls.

   "T-they're really together... But so quickly just like that?" You think to yourself. You look over at Jing and she looks down and quietly sneaks back into the kitchen. "Should I check on her?" You slowly walk into the kitchen but don't say anything. Xiumin is in the kitchen pulling out something for dessert, but Jing is nowhere to be seen. "Hey Xiumin? Have you seen Jing?"

   "Huh? Oh, yeah. She's in her usual hiding place." He opens one of the cupboards and there's Jing, holding her knees to her chest, sitting in between a bag of flour and a bag of sugar.

   "Jing?! You can fit in there?!" You slowly approach her.

   "Leave me alone..." She murmurs.

   "Jing..."

   "I think she just needs some alone time..." Xiumin whispers to you.

   "Haa, I guess you're right..." You turn around and follow Xiumin back to the dining room. Everyone is a bit livelier as they begin eating, the food is great and everyone is chatting happily amongst themselves. You pick at your food but slowly take some bites so no one notices anything.

   "Are you having difficulty eating?" Lay asks and offers to feed you.

   "Ahaha! Lay I'm fine don't worry!" You wave him off and take more bites.

   "Remember to eat! You have to keep up your strength if you want a full recovery!"

   You smile, "I will Lay!"

   "Back when I was just a little boy here there were often many days that I would forget to eat, because I was so immersed in my work." Lay said quietly.

   "Y-you actually forgot?!"

   "Hehe! Yeah, but Kris here took very good care of me. Despite being a king, he's actually very humble, and he would often eat meals with me, just to make sure that I was eating."

   "Oh wow..." You smile. "Kris really cares a lot for everyone doesn't he?"

   "And many people in the kingdom care for him, which is why so many people want to see Kris happy."

   "Ah that's true..." You look at Kris, and he does seem really happy.

   "Well, I think you did a lot to help him become happier." Lay smiles at you.

   "Me? Ah no... I didn't really do anything."

   "You did a lot! And we're all really grateful towards you."

   You smile, "I'm grateful to you all..." You whisper. The meal continues on and soon enough it's time to clean the table. You bring the silverware in and place them in the sink.

   "You know you don't have to do that, Iseul." Xiumin comes in carrying a stack of dirty dishes.

   "Aww just let me help~ at least I'm not carrying heavy plates!"

   "Ha... Alright, alright." He chuckles and starts washing dishes.

   "Hmm I wonder if Jing came out of the cupboard... But I don't wanna disturb her..."

   "Oh, yeah, she left a few minutes ago, I'm not sure where she went though..."

   "Ah I see... Well I'm sure she'll be back soon I guess."

   Out in the hallway you hear voices talking. "Are you sure you're not just saying that because you feel a bit threatened by her?" You hear Chen ask. You walk closer to where the voices are coming from.

   "What do you mean by that?" You hear Jing respond.

   "I mean, are you sure you're not just jealous?" Ah... You wait to see what Jing has to say.

   "Jealous!? I am not!!" She yells defensively.

   "Ha... I don't really think anyone's gonna believe anything about the queen that goes against her..." You think to yourself.

   "Come on, Jing! You're not fooling anyone, we all know that you have a crush on Kris, but he's with Rose now, so I think that you should just get over it." Luhan states.

   "Ouch...harsh..."

   "I-I..." Jing stutters her face burning with embarrassment. She turns and runs off hiding her face and crying.

   "Aish those idiots made her cry!" Jing runs past you in the hall and continues running towards her room. You slowly walk, letting her have her space to calm herself and wait outside the room. You hear sobbing noises and after a few minutes it's quiet. "Hmm I think she calmed down..." You slowly open the door and walk in.

   The room is empty but the window is open and the wind is blowing the curtains around. "Jing?!" You run to the window and look out trying to see her. It's too dark to see anything though as the only light is the nearly full moon in the sky. "W-where is she?! S-she didn't jump or anything like that right?!" You start freaking out. You run out of the room and outside to the spot right under the window. You frantically look around trying to find her. "Jing?! Jing!" You call out again.

   No response and the darkness continues to swallow everything in sight. "Aish! W-what do I do?! I have to tell the others!" You run back inside first going to the kitchen in case anyone is there but see no one. You run around the halls, "Can Luhan hear me?! I hope he can!"

   "Aish! Iseul! What's wrong!?" He runs up to you. "You're giving me a major headache right now."

   "Lu-Han!!" You grab his shirt trying to catch your breathe. "It's... J...ing!!! She's.... Missing!!"

   "Calm down, she probably just went for a walk or a little flight around the castle to cool off."

   "No, she didn't!! After she ran off crying I followed her and she ran to our room! I waited outside so she can calm down, and when I thought she did I went in... And... And she wasn't there!!!"

   "I think you're overreacting and need to breathe..." He grabs your hands and you feel your heart rate slow down.

   "Haa... But I..." You slowly calm down and look at him.

   "Go back to bed and I promise you that Jing will be back in the morning, perfectly fine."

   You bite your lip, "I guess you're right... Sorry..."

   "Good." He pats you on the head. "Now get some rest. Sleep is one of the best cures for your kind of injury."

   "Right... Good night..." You slowly walk back to your room and get into bed.

The next morning...

   You slowly get up and look to see if Jing might be asleep there, but the bed is still empty and the room is quiet. "Haa, maybe she already woke up like usual..." You walk into the kitchen. "Morning~"

   "Ah, morning~!" Xiumin greets you. "Didn't I tell you to go to the infirmary first thing in the morning? You do want that arm healed, don't you?"

   "Oops, I keep forgetting! I'll go then." You walk into the infirmary again. Lay is sitting at his desk again, scribbling notes into his notebook when you walk in. "Good morning Lay!"

   "Ah! There's my favorite patient!" He gets up and greets you. "Here! Sit! Sit!" He pats the bed. You smile and get on the bed. He begins the usual healing process and starts humming again. "What kind of song should I sing this time?"

   "Hm? Um..." You think for a bit. "Ah! A song that can make my heart flutter." You laugh, "I'm curious if you can do that you've already been able to make me cry."

   "Oh! Ok... Hm... Let me think..." He continues humming. You wait for him to sing, excited. Lay begins with a soulful melody. "She’s My Baby~!"

   "Oh~!" You listen to him singing, your heart flutters hearing him sing.

   "You’re walking into my door~! Oh, yeah! She's my lady~!" He finishes and looks at you.

   "Well congratulations Doctor Lay, you successfully made my heart flutter!" You laugh.

   He laughs too. "And I think we've made quite a bit of progress with your arm today!"

   "Ah really?! That's great!"

   "But like I said, avoid using it. It's still got a long ways to go."

   "Haa, right, I won't use it!"

   "So, Iseul... I'm curious... What is your kingdom like compared to ours?" He looks at you curiously.

   "Hm? Ah well... Not too different, you know has a castle, a king and a queen, and seems our kingdom is doing well..."

   "That's good, were you a maid in your kingdom as well?"

   "Haha well not exactly a maid..."

   "Hm? What were you?"

   "Well... Generally I was just someone who really didn't have much to do with my life.... Boring life really... I would just roam around the area."

   "Hm... Sounds more like you were royalty than part of the staff."

   "Ah, well, I'm not royalty."

   "You're certainly pretty enough to be." He smiles at you.

   You blush, "Well, thanks."

   "I know I shouldn't ask this... But..." He leans closer.

   You look at him "Hm?"

   "Are you human?" He asks in a whisper.

   Your eyes widen. "W-what makes you think that?"

   "Well, it's just that... It has been five years, but I've healed a human before and it is different than healing people like me or Kris. It just feels different. I wasn't sure at first though, because it's been so long."

   "I... What should I do?!"

   "Did I offend you? I'm so sorry! Look I won't say anything to anyone else! It'll be our secret!"

   "Ah no! But... You...don't hate me?"

   "Hate you? Why would I ever hate you?"

   "I just thought... Well cause I'm human.... I..."

   "Look, Kris has hated humans since Rose and her brother stole his wings, but now that she's come back and sorted things out with him, I don't think he'll be as harsh when he finds out."

   You bite your lip. "Well... If you say so..."

   "Should we tell him now? Together?"

   "Now!! Ah... Maybe not..."

   "Why not?"

   "He may be fine with her but... If he find out that I'm the daughter of Rose's brother..."

   "You're what!?"

   "Shi- did I say that out loud!! Look! Let me explain! I didn't know about it either... Until she came.... But Haa I am a princess okay... And.... I never knew my father did something like this. I've never liked that man, but now I just..." Your hands turn into fists.

   "Forgive me for my outburst! I didn't mean to-! I would never blame you for something that your father did."

   You smile. "Thank you for understanding but... I don't think Rose knows who I am...and I don't want her to know either..."

 

   "So... What are you going to do about your situation?" Lay asks.

   "Well... I think it's best I leave soon."

   "Leave!?"

   "Well of course! I don't belong here right? I'm a human!"

   "Well, so is Rose, but she's staying!"

   "Well she is a queen here!"

   "And you just said you were a princess! Maybe not in this kingdom, but you're still a princess."

   "That doesn't matter! Princess or not, I can't stay here... Luhan is right... It's not my place."

   "Is that what he said? You belong here more than he or Rose or any of us!"

   "Lay?! What? How can I belong here more than any of you?"

   "Because you're special! You're connected to this place in a way I can't explain but I can feel it!"

   "Huh?" You sigh. "I don't know Lay..."

   "Do you really have to go?" He looks at you with pleading eyes.

   "Lay... I might have to..." You look away.

   "Well, if that's your choice..." He tries to put on a smile, but his dimples aren't showing like his other smiles. "I'll have to send you off with a smile then!"

   You smile and give him a hug. "Thank you."

   "You be safe and happy in your kingdom, ok? Don't forget me."

   "How could I ever forget you Lay?! And... I'll be happy..." He gives you another squeeze before letting you go. You slowly get down from the bed.

   "Same time tomorrow?" He asks. You smile and nod. Lay slowly goes back to his desk and begins writing notes again. You stand there for a bit before walking out of the infirmary. Xiumin sets a blueberry muffin and a cup of coffee down in front of you at the table. "Thanks."

   He smiles. "I hear blueberries are good for health."

   "Hmm, I'm pretty sure they are."

   "Did Lay find out too?"

   "Yeah he found out. But he seemed fine with the fact that I was human."

   "See? I told you! So... Why are you so sad?"

   "Hm? Ah... I don't know..."

   "Did you also tell him that you were leaving?" You nod looking at your coffee. "And he begged you not to go either, didn't he?" You nod again. Xiumin sighs. "At least he'll know why we're having the party when we get it set up."

   "Yeah..." You take a sip of coffee and put it back down.

   "Hm... We should do something to cheer you up! How a game of football?"

   "Now? Is that alright?"

   "Yeah, why not?" He jumps up.

   "Because you have important tasks to attend to." Luhan interrupts. You turn to see Luhan. "Here are some foods that the queen has ordered for herself and her men." Luhan hands him a long piece of paper.

   "Aw man! This is going to take all day!" Xiumin whines.

   "Haha, maybe some other time then Xiumin."

   "Yeah... I'll see you later Iseul." He pouts. You wave and get up as well not in the mood to eat.

   "And where are you going?" Luhan asks.

   "Hm? I don't know... Just thought of taking a walk since I can't do much and no one will let me do anything."

   "Why don't you go clean the queen's room? Those rogues have left it a mess since they got here."

   "Ah, alright..." You say, "I thought he wanted me not near her... But okay." You think and grab the bucket full of cleaning utensils and go to the queens room.

   "She and her men are out today, so the room should be empty."

   "Ahh okay..." You slowly open the queens room and he's right no one is in here. The room is similar to Kris's. Fairly large with a lot of red curtains and throw pillows. The room itself is quite messy though, with the furniture toppled over and several articles of clothing along with bits of armor laying on the floor. "Oh my..." You sigh and slowly begin to pick up the items. You place the clothes where they belong and let the armor rest against the wall. On a coffee table near the bed there are many papers littered everywhere. You sigh and slowly begin picking the papers placing them in a pile. Without meaning to, you read one of the papers. On it are notes written down in what you suspect is the queen's handwriting. "Hm?"

Weapons list:

Catapults = little damage, should improve ammo.

Cannons = not as effective as had hoped, may need to bring in more heavy machinery from the human world...

Notes: clary sage oil + eucalyptus oil = dragon nip

   "W-what is this...? More machinery from human world?! Dragon nip...?!" On another piece of paper...

   Use Kris's wings as leverage to get him to sign the peace treaty and gain access to his kingdom where the portal to the human world is. Gain supplies from there.

   "N-no! Jing and I were right! S-she's just using Kris!"

   "What are you doing in here!?" You hear the door open and the queen yell.

   "Ah! I'm sorry! I'm just cleaning up here! That's all!"

   She walks up to you and grabs you by your injured arm. "You know don't you!?"

   "Ah!" You yell out in pain. "What are you talking about?!" She rips the papers from your hands and throws you against the wall. You groan in pain and look up at her.

   Two rogues follow her inside. "Put her with the others." She commands. "She knows too much."

   "W-where? Let me go!!" You scream. They pick you up and blindfold you. Then proceed to carry you to an unknown location. "Mpfm!!! Where are they taking me?!!!"  A few minutes later you find yourself being thrown into a cage and fall against another body. "Oof!" You slowly get up and turn around to see who it is.

   "Iseul!" Jing exclaims and hugs you tightly.

   "Jing!! Oh my god I can't believe it! You're okay! I knew something was wrong!"

   "Oh, Iseul! I was so scared! I thought I'd never see you again!" She begins crying.

   "Ah! Jing shh! Don't cry!" You hold her tightly.

   "Shut up in there!" One of the rogues yells and kicks the cage.

   "Yah!" You yell back.

   "Iseul! What are we going to do!?" She cries, wiping her nose on her sleeve.

   "Ah..." You think. "Luhan! Will he be able to hear us? We aren't too far away right..." You look around but don't know where you are.

   "I've tried that..." Jing sniffs. "Either he's ignoring me or he can't hear me, but... I think we're on our own!"

   "Aish! Well... Let's see." You walk up close to the cage and look around. "Ah!" You walk back to her. "Listen start complaining about going to the bathroom, they'll have to let us out  right?"

   "I don't think they're that gullible..." Jing pouts.

   "Well... The guys who're guarding, they do realize if we do go to the bathroom here they'll have to deal with the smell... I don't think they want that."

   Jing chuckles. "Ah, you're probably right about that...."

   "A disgusting idea, but let's try it."

   One futile attempt later... You and Jing are tied by your wrist and ankles, and you're laying down in an uncomfortable position on your injured arm.

   "Ugh..."

   "I told you it wouldn't work..." Jing sighs.

   "Haa I'm sorry... Well."

   "It's getting dark, the others probably don't even know we're gone yet...."

   "That's true... Ugh but they won't even know where to look!"

   "They do! I left a trail of fairy dust on the road! If they do come looking for us, they might follow that and find us!"

   "Omg, Jing! You're a life saver!!"

   "But that's only if, they realize we've been captured..."

   "I'm sure they'll know soon enough I mean c'mon it's already dark now... And we aren't seen anywhere in the castle..."

   One of the guards walks by the cage and rattles the steel pipes. "Get some sleep girlies, tomorrow is a big day." He laughs.

   "What's tomorrow?!"

   "Tomorrow is the full moon! When the portal to the human world opens!" Jing exclaims.

   "Shoot! Rose is gonna bring more weapons!!!" You think to yourself... "Is the freaking King aka my father supplying those weapons for her?"

   "If there are even deadlier weapons, than those things you called cannons, in the human world... Then the kingdom is doomed!" Jing cries.

   "Shoot! What do I do?!! Ahhh!!!" You scream in frustration.

   "I thought I told you to go to sleep!" The guard throws a ball into the cage and it emits a gas. Jing coughs and slowly falls asleep.

   "J-Jing?!" But soon you start feeling drowsy and fall asleep.

The next morning...

   You slowly open your eyes and look around. You're still in the same area. Still stuck inside the cage. Now that it's daylight, you can figure that you're somewhere in the middle of the magical forest. "The magical forest?! Ah not exactly too far away from the castle..."

   "Ergh... What time is it?" Jing tries sitting up but her arms and legs are too sore.

   "Ah... Morning I'm pretty sure. We're in the magical forest."

   "That's good... I think..." She rolls on her side to get closer to the edge of the cage.

   "What are you doing?"

   "Trying to see if I can spot the castle from here. I don't see it..."

   "Haa... I'm gonna try to see if Luhan can here me I really have no other idea of what we can do."

   "Well I'm hungry." Jing pouts and finally manages to sit up. "Hey! I'm hungry!" She yells at the guards who ignore her.

   You close your eyes and focus. "Luhan? Can you hear me?" No response... But it is kind of hard to hear with Jing screaming at the top of her lungs... "Yah! Quiet down! They won't get you food!"

   "I can still make them mad! They don't deserve peace and quiet after what they put me through!!"

   "Haa fine but at least annoy them a little less loudly I'm trying to see if I can reach Luhan." You close your eyes again. "Luhan? Luuuhaaaan, Luhannie? Lulu?" You start saying all the nicknames you can think of. "LUUHAAAN!!!" Still no response... "Haa unbelievable..." You open your eyes.

   Jing continues screaming until one of the guards gets up and opens the cage. He drags Jing out and throws her to the ground, then quickly locks the cage again.

   "Huh?! Jing!!"

   "Ah!" She whimpers.

   "That's it!" He yells. "I've had it with you!" He kicks her and she screams in pain as she rolls across the dirt.

   "Jing!!!! Stop!!!!!!" You hold the bars tightly. "Stop that!!!!"

   "Hey! I think it came from over here!" You hear Lay yell.

   "Yeah! I definitely heard them!" Tao's voice echoes in the forest.

   "Omg LAY!!! TAO!!!!!!" You scream their names over and over again.

   "That's Iseul! Hang on, Iseul! We're coming!" Lay yells.

   "Lay..." You sob in relief.

   He runs up to the cage as soon as he sees you and tries to calm you down. "Shh... Shh... Everything's okay now!"

   "I-I'm so glad..." Then you point at Jing. "She's hurt..." Tao uses his bo staff to push the rogues back as Lay helps Jing up and works on getting you out. The lock opens and you slowly step out, still chained around your legs and wrists.

   "I got so worried when you didn't show up for your daily healing session! You promised! Same time tomorrow~! Remember?" He chuckles.

   "I'm sorry." You give him a faint smile.

   "Let's get you out of here!" He begins to glow and in a flash of bright light he disappears and in his place is a white unicorn.

   "Y-you're a unicorn?!" He nods and leans down, using his horn to cut the chains around your wrists and ankles. "Ah thanks..." You slowly get on ignoring your arm screaming in pain. Jing gets on as well followed by Tao who kicks the last of the rogues. Soon Lay races down through the forest. Once back at the castle Lay turns back to his human form and quickly heals your wounds. But your arm still hurts.

   After being put back in the sling, you look over at Jing. "How are you feeling?"

   "I'm ok! I'm tougher than I look!" She smiles.

   "Well that's good!"

   "What happened to you two!? How'd you get in there!? I thought the rogues that belonged to the queen wouldn't attack us anymore!" Tao asks question after question.

   "Whoa Tao! One question at a time and well... Rose..."

   "What? What about her?"

   "She's the one who caged us!"

   "That can't be right! She's on our side now!"

   "Haha! As if! She's just using all of you, especially Kris!" You spat.

   "Do you know what she's planning?" Lay asks you.

   You nod. "Those canons were brought from the human world. So she's getting more tonight, more stronger ones when the portal opens."

   "If she gets more powerful weapons, she might use them to gain full control of the kingdom!" Lay's eyes widen in fear.

   "Exactly! And you know how Kris has been all happy... She knows about the dragon nip she must've used it on him!"

   "That she-devil!" Tao spits.

   "Where are the others?! We need them here! We need to make a plan!"

   "They're all with Rose in the conference room, she said she wanted to see all of us but Tao and I snuck

out before it started." Lay explains.

   "Shoot! What does she want them for?! It probably isn't anything good!"

   "If she sees you she'll know that we freed you so you should hide for now. The others might not believe us if we just rush in there and accuse her of trying to take over the kingdom!"

   "Right! But Luhan will be able to read my mind soon, but we'll hide for now, we need to get together when we get a chance to."

   "Ok!" Tao and Lay sneak back inside and casually join the others at the conference table.

   "Haa... Well let's rest I guess for now..." Jing breathes a sigh of relief as she watches the meeting through the window. "Hmm, I wonder what she needs a meeting for..." You think. Kris and Rose are standing in front of the conference table where the others are sitting and listening.

   "I'd like to make a very important announcement today!" Kris clears his throat. You listen intently waiting for him to hurry up and say what the important announcement is.

   "We're... Getting married!" Rose declares and everyone freezes. Jing grips the windowsill until her

knuckles turn white.

   "Oh god... That woman is insane. Jing... We won't let that happen okay?"

   "I..." She squeaks.

   You pat her back. "Trust me those two are not gonna get married." She nods halfheartedly as you continue watching the meeting. "Haa..." Suddenly Xiumin turns and he sees you from the window. You put a finger to your lips telling him to stay quiet. "Jing, let's get down, it's to risky to be seen."

   "Oh! Ok!" She crouches lower so as not to be seen. The meeting soon ends.

   "Let's hide so she won't see us!"

   Xiumin runs outside and finds you. "Hey, why weren't you guys in the meeting room?"

   "Shh! We'll explain once everyone gets here!"

   "What the heck is going on?" He whispers.

   "Haa, nothing good I'll tell you that."

   Lay and Tao run back outside with Chen. "Hey, someone wanna explain why a woman I've never met before is getting married to our king after only seeing her for a couple of days?" Chen asks.

   "Haa it's all her plan..."

   "Who's plan?"

   "Rose's."

   "Ok, now I'm really confused...." Chen scratches his head.

   "Haa man..." You sigh, "is everyone here?" You look around to see Luhan missing but he'll be able to catch up.

   "So what are we going to do?" Lay asks.

   "Haa let's first explain to the guys what happened and who she is." The explanation takes a few minutes but by the time you finish they all look at you with jaws hanging open. "So now you get it?"

   "Um... Yeah, I think so... But..." Chen gulps.

   "But?"

   "I find it really hard to believe that you're the daughter of the man that basically scarred Kris for life."

   "Haa... I didn't know about it either until she came..." You scowl.

   "So, do we have any idea how we're going to beat her? I mean it's just the six of us against her and all of her rogues and her advanced weaponry!" Xiumin exclaims.

   You scratch your head. "I haven't exactly thought of a plan yet..."

   "We're so dead." Chen groans.

   "G-guys! Ugh... But you all have powers unlike her rogues so that's a good start... But I think the best is

either to try to defeat her before the weaponry arrives but they come tonight..."

   "This would be a lot easier if Kris was on our side." Jing says quietly.

   "Hmm... She probably gave a high dosage of dragon nip... But if we keep Kris away from her as well..."

   "You mean separate them? Good luck with that... They've been at each others' sides almost 24/7 since

she got here!" Chen exclaims.

   "Ugh! There's no way to separate them?! Haa let's see then... Well she still doesn't know who I am... We could use that to our advantage."

   "How?" Xiumin asks.

   "Well if my theory is correct the king will be supplying the weapons... If he sees me... Maybe.... Hm... I

rethink it."

   "You mean your father? Last time I checked you two kind of have a rocky relationship, don't you?"

   "Exactly... So that might not work..."

   "Maybe I can be a bit of help." You all turn and see Luhan standing behind you.

   "Luhan! You have an idea?"

   "I have more than an idea... I have a plan."

   "Really?! What is it?"

   "Everyone has a weakness right? Well so does the queen..."

   "What is it?"

   "Despite her namesake, she's deathly allergic to roses. Can't go near them with having a mental

breakdown."

   "Are you serious?!!"

   "That explains why she had the rose garden torn down by her rogues." Chen mentions.

   "Hmm... That bad huh? Well that's good she has such an allergy."

   "Let's put rose perfume on Kris so she'll stay away from him!" Chen suggests.

   "Omg yes!! Perfect!"

   "But how are we gonna get close enough to spray it on him?" Tao asks.

   "How about when he's asleep? Wait we can't do that!! What am I saying. That'll be too late by then."

   "What about when he has to... You know... Use the loo?" Lay asks.

   "Hm? Oh... But how?"

   "One of us will wait in there or go in with him and... Surprise attack!" Chen exclaims jumping on Tao to

make his point.

   "Ah, if that'll work, it's the best we got."

   "Ok, so we seperate them... Then what?" Tao asks pushing Chen off.

   "Hmm... Since Kris isn't fully himself, keep him away... Then..."

   "We don't know how long it'll take for the dragon nip to wear off, but I think it's safe to assume that she

used a smaller dose so it won't be long." Luhan states.

   "Ah okay. But until it wears off keep him somewhere like a room far from the queen and she won't be able to find him. Then after the whole separation..."

   "Even without Kris, she's still pretty powerful." Tao says.

   "Right... How does she hold so much power even though she is just a human?"

   "She has all those rogues under her thumb, she loses them, she has nothing." Luhan states.

   "Then next step, getting rid of the rouges."

   "How?" Tao asks.

   "We have to do it slowly tho so she doesn't suspect anything, but scare them, fight them... And maybe end them kinda thing... Cause I'm pretty sure they won't come to our side for sure."

   "Ooh! We have traps set up all around the castle~! Why don't we test them out, make sure they still work?" Chen grins evilly.

   "Ooh~ let's do that then!"

   "We have a plan! Let's move!" Luhan commands. You nod. Xiumin and Lay prepare and serve lunch while Kris and Rose chat at the dining table. Luhan sits near them, not speaking but keeping an eye on them while Tao goes around the castle finding rogues to beat up. You and Chen go to check on the traps like he suggested but stay near the shadows to not be spotted. Jing flies over the castle pointing out rogues hidden in the forest. You nod and continue to check on traps.

 

   "You guys had this many traps?! Dang..."

   "This was before we realized we could use our powers. When we were young and bored little kids with

overactive imaginations." Chen chuckles.

   "Well I'm impressed!" You soon finish checking on the traps. Xiumin cleans the dishes while Lay constantly fills and refills Kris's glass. Making sure that he drinks a lot. "Well... Shall we also help Tao out now?" You ask Chen. "There are a lot of rogues."

   "Yep! The more we take out the better! Let's move!" Chen smirks.

   "Got it!" You begin walking around still hiding in the shadows when you spot two rogues near by. Chen sends a spark across the rug which hits a wire that activates one of the traps. The rogues are then

scooped up is a big net. "Sweet! We better get them somewhere where they won't be heard..."

   Chen zaps them unconscious and tosses them in the basement. "Ha, I feel like a little kid again!" He

laughs.

   "Haha! Alright let's continue finding more rogues!"

   The hunt continues until Kris finally feels full of liquids and tells Rose that he has to go. Lay takes that as his cue to follow him and holds the bottle of rose perfume behind him. You notice Kris and Lay walking. Seems like Rose won't get near him now.

   "Her numbers are dwindling!" Jing says to you. "They're falling in the dug out holes that Chen dug!"

   "Awesome! That's good, soon she won't have almost any rogues left!"

   "The sun is going down though!" Jing alerts you.

   "Ah! We have to hurry, I think there aren't many rogues anymore we should get inside!"

   "Agh! What are you doing!?" You hear Kris yell. Lay is chasing him out of the bathroom with the bottle of rose water.

   "Lay?! Chen help me grab, Kris." Chen zaps Kris and he falls on the floor where Lay sprays the rose water all over him. There's nothing in the bottle now and you slowly watch him get up.

   "What is wrong with you guys!?" He stands up and shakes dusts himself off then walks over to Rose. You wait to see her reaction.

   "Kri-! Agh! Wha-!?" She backs away from him. "Wh-why do you smell like roses?"

   "What? You don't like the smell of roses?" He looks at her confused.

   "Pft! We got her!" You whisper. She walks away and Kris tries to follow her. "Alright, now we just gotta keep him in a room out of the way."

   Tao finds him and drags him down the hall back to his room where he pushes him in and locks the door. "Hey! What's going on!? Let me out!"

   "Well alright, we got him in there."

   "Now what?" Chen asks you.

   "We only planned this far..." You just realized, get rid of the rogues and separate them. You look out to see it's already dark out. "Now, wait for her move..." Rose takes a few of her remaining rogues and heads out to the forest. "Let's follow!" You carefully follow her into the forest making sure to be very quiet.

   "I have a visual." Jing says from the air. Watching Rose as her caravan stops in front of the lake. "The

moon is rising."

   You look up to see the full moon. "Tsk! The portal will open soon!"

   "Should we stop her?" Tao asks.

   "Hmm..." You look at her again and nod, "We should... Before she gets her hands on the weapons."

   "Then let's move!" Luhan jumps out from the bushes and tackles Rose to the ground.

   "Ahh!!!" She screams and pushes him off.

   "Let's go! Go!" You run out of the bushes and attack the rogues as well. Some of them make it into the water and enter the portal. "Shoot!" You see Rose getting near the water and run after her pulling her away.

   She pushes you down. "You can't stop me!" She yells.

   "Oh I can't?" You yell raising your eyebrow and pin her to the ground.

   "I should have left you in the forest where I found you!" She screams.

   "W-what?" In your moment of confusion she pushes you off and dives into the water. "Shoot!" You get near the water and look down at the portal, then look back at the others.

   "What do you think we she's bringing back that'll be more powerful than cannons?" Tao asks as he kicks another rogue in the stomach.

   "I-I don't know..."

   "I guess all we can do now is wait..." Luhan says sternly.

   You nod waiting for the moment she'll come back with any possible weapon.

   "Hey!" You hear a deep and threatening voice. It's Kris. "Someone want to explain to me what's going on?"

   You turn around, "when did he get out?!"

   "I guess that door couldn't hold him..." Tao mutters.

   "Haa... This..." You rub your temples and look back at the portal.

   "Did... Did Rose go back to the human world?" Kris looks at the lake.

   "No... She'll be back... She was using you..."

   "I know that... Now..." Kris scratches his head. "That stupid dragon nip finally wore off, but I'm going to

seriously get rid of all that stuff once this is over!"

   "Yeah you should..." You continue to stare at the portal suddenly hearing her voice in your head screaming "I should have left you in the forest where I found you!"

   The lake begins to glow and bubble and Luhan screams, "get down!"

   "Hm?" You quickly get down as he says. The lake explodes and water flies into the air before raining down on everyone. You wipe water out of your eyes and look up at the lake. The area where the lake used to be is now a large crater in the ground and standing in front of the portal is Rose dressed in full body armor and carrying a large sword.

"What? That's..." Kris gulps and looks pale... "The only sword ever created that can cut a dragon..." He swears under his breath. "The sword that was used to cut my wings."

   "Shoot... Then it isn't something to underestimate." She swings the sword and glares at you and Kris. "Why?" You look at her.

   "I've had enough of all of you!" She screams.

   "This woman is nuts!" Chen yells. You and Kris take a step back. She charges forward and brings her sword down. Kris pulls you back as she brings it down barely missing him.

   You stand there shocked before shaking. "Guys!" You grab a rogue's dagger and sword. They all surround her and she watches your moves carefully. You hold your weapons up eyeing her and you both make eye contact. She charges forward and everyone moves to defend Kris but she grabs you and drags you to the castle. "Ah!! W-what are you doing?!"

   "Doing what I should've done years ago!" She yells and as you both crash through the stained glass window of the dining room.

   "Iseul!" Everyone rushes to the castle to help you.

   "What do you mean?!!" You try to pull from her grasp.

   "You didn't really think that you were the daughter of my brother, did you!? We found you in the forest,

alone and crying! Abandoned by your parents. That's also where we found the portal to this place, but

thought nothing of it, until about five years ago."

   You stare at her shocked trying to process what she just said. "And five years ago..."

   "Five years ago... I forget how old you were then, but you were drawn to it, the portal and you led us right to it."

   "I did?"

   "I suppose if I had left you there, in the forest all those years ago, we would have never found this place. But, now that we don't need you anymore..." She raises her sword.

   Your eyes widen, but filled with anger your body shakes. "You..." You feel your body tingling suddenly.

   "Wha- what are you doing!?" She yells. You look at her confused but slowly feel yourself become surrounded by bright light. You open your eyes again and look back at Rose. "That's impossible!" She stares at you and you can see yourself in the reflection of her armor... You're a tiger. Your eyes widen but you look back at her giving her a hard stare and slowly stalk towards her.

   "Stay back! You think that a sword that can slice through a dragon can't cut a measly cat?"

   You smile and give out a big roar showing that you have had enough of her talk and pounce on her when you notice her sword is still down at her sides. She struggles underneath you and kicks you in the stomach. You loose your balance and grunt. You slowly get back on your paws.

   "Iseul!" The others run into the dining hall to see you as a tiger battling Rose.

   "Whoa! Is that Iseul!?" Xiumin exclaims.

   You look to see the others and roar, "get back!"

   "Look out Iseul!" Kris yells as he pushes Rose back just before she brings her sword down.

   You step back again and get ready to pounce on her but see Kris next to her. "Kris!!" He and Rose both have hands on the sword as they struggle for a hold on it. Rose begins pushing Kris back, up the stairs.

   "She's stronger than she looks!" Chen whistles, impressed.

   You run after them and see Kris struggling. At the top of the stairs she pushes him against a glass case and the glass shatters. Kris looks behind him and sees glass in his back and arm. He's hurt. You run to the top and roar before head butting her to get her away from him. Kris slowly moves away from the glass case and sees his wings in the case. You look at Kris, "Is he going take them back?" Rose notices his expression and swings her sword at him and slashes him across the torso.

   "Agh!!!" He screams in pain. Your eyes widen and you pounce on her again. Your claws reach her face. She screams and maneuvers out of your grip. She stands ready to swing her sword again. Kris leans against the case, holding his wound, and his body begins to glow as well as the wings. You look back to see in awe, his body surrounded by a bright reddish glow. The glass case explodes, when the smoke clears, Kris's dragon form appears again and he stretches out his wings boldly and proud.

   "Wow~"

   "I did it once! I will cut your wings off again!" Rose screams.

   "This woman really has gone insane!"

   Kris in his dragon form leaps forward and swipes his claws at her, causing her to fall backwards. He pins her down with one claw and roars down at her. You watch the scene before you. "Is he... Going kill her?"

   In a cloud of fire and smoke Kris returns to his human form. His shirt is ripped and tattered but underneath you can see that the scars on his back are gone. He grabs Rose and looks her in the eyes, breathing heavily, his eyes glowing red like flames. She drops her sword in fear and shakes. You hold your breath and see her looking less and less powerful by the intense glare.

   Jing flies over to Kris and tries to calm him down. "Kris, Kris... It's over... We won..." He looks at Jing and his grip on her loosens. "There we go..." She says soothingly. He gives her a small smile showing her that he's alright now and drops Rose onto the ground. Luhan and Chen pick her up before she can run away.

   "To the dungeon with you, crazy lady." Chen singsongs.

   You slowly get back up realizing you're still a tiger and turn back to your human self.

   "Wow! Oh my gosh! Iseul that was amazing! You should have seen yourself!" Xiumin jumps up and down like an excited little boy.

   "Haha! Was it? I was surprised my self tho..."

   "Maybe spending all those years growing up with humans made your body think you were human and

that's why my readings were weird when I healed you." Lay explained.

   "Hmm, probably." You smile.

   "We've got a lot of cleaning up to do..." Tao says as he walks over the broken glass.

   "Ah!" You begin to pick up the glass.

   "Ah! Careful! You're still hurt!" Lay stops you.

   "Hm? Oh ya..." You remember again and stop.

   "We'll take care of everything..." Xiumin pats you on the head.

   You pout, "but I wanna help..." You sigh and stand up.

   "You've done so much." Lay smiles at you. "Get some rest."

   "Rest? Hmm... Fine..."

   A few weeks pass after the whole battle with Rose. The castle is finally starting to look decent again and you're in the infirmary, finishing up your last healing session with Lay.

   "Hmm," You smile, "Wahoo! After this I can finally get to do some work again!!"

   "Hehe!" Lay chuckles. "You can, but remember to take it easy." He says trying to get you to stay still so he can heal your shoulder.

   "Ah, sorry, and okay okay I will!" You stay still for Lay.

   He hums a bit while his hands glow and apply the magic to the bone underneath. "So..." He starts

hesitantly.

   You look at him, "Hm?"

   "Tonight is a full moon, and once this session is done, you'll be able to swim..."

   "Oh, right..." You forgot about the whole thing.

   "Any last song request?" He asks.

   You smile, "Any will do! Which ever song you want to sing."

   "Hm..." He hums and begins to sing. You slowly listen as he sings. "So Baby Don’t Go~!" You look at him and smile. "Oh Woo-Hoo-Hoo Oh Yeah, Woo-Hoo-Hoo Yeah Woo-Hoo-Hoo~!" He soon finishes the song. "All done..." He sighs.

   "It was... Beautiful as always..."

 

   "Well, let's go to the kitchen for breakfast." Lay smiles and gets up.

   "Okay!" You get down from the bed and you both walk to the kitchen. "Morning!"

   "Good morning!" Everyone greets you with small blasts of confetti and Jing sprinkles fairy dust over you making your hair sparkle and glow.

   "Oh~! What's this!?" You brush your hand through your hair smiling. You look at the guys curiously.

   "This is your surprise farewell party~!" Xiumin laughs.

   "Haha aww thanks guys!"

   "It's time for cake!" Chen cheers and takes it away before Tao can stick his finger in it.

   "Haha oh~ cake! Ah, it looks delicious!"

   Kris slices the cake and hands you the first piece.

   "Thank you!" You take a bite. "Mm~ delicious!"

   "So Iseul! What are you going to do when you get back home?" Jing asks excitedly.

   "Hm? Well... I guess... You know talk to my parents... About me going on vacation with out telling them and um..." you frown.

   "What's wrong?" Lay asks.

   "Hm? Ah nothing, just realizing I'm not exactly sure about what'll happen when I go back."

   "On the first day you got here, you told me were running away because you didn't want to get married." Xiumin says. "Do you think you still have to marry that man?"

   You frown... "I hope not... I still don't know who he is, I won't marry someone I don't know."

   "Just out of curiosity..." Chen smiles. "Out of the six of us, who would you choose to marry?"

   "Wha?! I-I um..." You look at them blushing and your eyes land on Lay and you blink trying to process why you're looking at him...

   "Ooh~! I think she likes Lay~!" Chen teases.

   "Wah?! Chen!! Shut up!"

   Lay smiles. "I'm honored. I'd tell any man that married you that he's the luckiest man in the kingdom." You blush keeping your mouth shut. "Here, have some more cake." Lay hands you another slice.

   "Ah... Okay thanks." You take a big bite of the cake keeping yourself busy.

   "Hey, Iseul... Luhan here has something to say to you." Xiumin says pushing Luhan in front of you.

   "Hm?" You quickly chew and swallow. "What is it Luhan?"

   Luhan sighs. "I... I was wrong..." He says.

   "Wrong? About what?"

   "You do belong here! When we saw you save Kris's life... Not only did you prove that you're loyal to the king, but also that you have a spirit animal just like us!"

   "Ah well... Wait are you saying...?"

   "We're saying that you can stay here! With us!" Xiumin says happily.

   "G-guys... Really?"

   "Yes!!" Jing hugs you happily.

   "You will stay, won't you?" Jing looks at you.

   "I'd love to, I really want to truthfully..."

   "Yay!!!" Everyone cheers and you smile at them.

   "So what should we do first? Play some football? See who can beat me in arm wrestling?" Chen lists off several different activities.

   "Haha let's go from the top and do one by one!"

   "Let's see how many activities Kris will join in after he gets some dragon nip!" Chen laughs.

   "Agh! No! Keep that stuff away from me!" Kris grimaces and Chen chases him around the dining table with the stuff in a jar.

   "Oh god." You can't help but start laughing.

   Luhan tosses you the ball. "Pick your team, captain!" He smiles at you.

   "Alright! I choose... Jing! Lay! Tao!"

   "Alright! That means Xiumin and Chen and dragon nip are on my team" Luhan says.

   "What did you call me!?" Kris yells.

   "Haha, let's get the game started!" Luhan tosses the ball into the air and Jing flies up and kicks it toward you. You get it and begin to dribble to the goal, but Xiumin is in front of you and you see Lay nearby, "Lay!" You kick the ball to him. He catches it and gets closer to the goal. Right before the net, he kicks it in and... Goal! "Wahoo!"

   "Yay!" Jing cheers.

   "Come on, Kris! Move your lazy !" Xiumin yells.

   "Alright, it's the other teams turn to start the game." Jing drops the ball from high in the sky and Luhan head butts it toward Xiumin and Kris. You start running to where the ball is. Xiumin and Kris bump into each other but Chen grabs the ball and runs towards your net. You run after him and Tao gets there quicker and blocks him. He kicks it back and Xiumin grabs it, dribbling around Tao. You continue to run after them but are too slow and Xiumin kicks it into the net and gets a goal.

   "Wahoo!" Chen cheers.

   "We can still win this!" Jing smiles.

   "You're right!" The game goes on until both teams are lying on the grass, exhausted... No one knows who won, because no one was keeping track of score... "Ugh...I'm exhausted." You pant.

   "That was a great game though." Luhan takes a deep breath.

   "Yeah it was! Oh! We should sleep out here again like last time!"

   "I'll get the sleeping bags!" Xiumin jumps up and runs inside.

   "I'll set up a camp fire this time!" Kris raises his hand, but doesn't get up.

   "So lazy." You roll your eyes.

   "What else do we need?" Jing asks you.

   "Hm... Let's get some snacks!"

   "What kind of snacks?"

   "Hm? Let's go to the kitchen and see what we got." You get up and walk into the kitchen with Jing.

   "We have lots of fruit!" Jing offers you one.

   "Mm! Good snacks, let's take this!" You take a bite and put the rest in a basket.

   "Hey, what are these?" Xiumin pulls out a bag of marshmallows.

   "Ah! Marshmallows!!"

   "Oh! Are those from the human world? Rose must have brought them with her." Jing says.

   "Haha yes! They are delicious try some!"

   Jing pops one into . "Oh! It's so sweet!"

   "It is! Maybe I should go once in a while to the human world to get some goodies for you guys! You guys seem to really like them."

   "Hehehe! You're definitely going to need more if Xiumin keeps stuffing his face with them!" She points at Xiumin who's cheeks resemble a squirrels.

   "I can fit 7 in my mouth!" He says through all the marshmallows.

   "Haha Xiumin! C'mon save some for the others!" Jing grabs the bag from him and runs outside, while he grabs a basket of fruit and runs after her.

   "Hehe!" You grab the other basket and walk out as well to where the others are. Lay drops a pile of wood onto the ground and makes a little circle out of rocks, then Kris puts his hands over the wood pile and it burst into flames. "Here's some food!" You exclaim setting the fruit basket down.

   Tao grabs a piece of fruit and begins eating. "What are these?" Chen asks picking up the marshmallows.

   "Marshmallows! They're from the human world try some!"

   "They look so weird..." He makes a face.

   "Weird? No they don't! Here!" You take the marshmallow out of his hand. "Say ah~"

   "Ah! Ok! Ah~!" He opens his mouth and eats it.

   "How is it?"

   "It's so... Squishy... But it's sweet! I like it!" He smiles.

   "Give me one!" Tao whines and tries to grab the bag from Chen but he holds it out of Tao's reach.

   "Honestly you two share!!" Tao grabs it and the two fight over it until it rips open and the marshmallows fly into the air. "Ah! Aww man..." You bend down and pick up the marshmallows. "What a waste of good marshmallows..."

   "Hey!" Kris shouts. "A couple of your marshmallow thingies fell in the fire, but don't worry! I saved them

with this stick!"

   "But now they're burnt!" Chen whines.

   "Oh!" You look at them... "They do this also back at home! We kinda burn the marshmallows and eat them or make s'mores with them!"

   "S'mores?" Chen looks at you confused.

   "It's what we call them when you put between gram crackers, chocolate and marshmallow!"

   "Sounds like a weird combination." Tao grimaces.

   "No! It's not! Really! Do you guys have chocolate and graham crackers?"

   "Yep! Here ya go!" Lay hands you the items.

   "Thanks! Kris give me the stick with the marshmallow on it."

   "Hm... Ok." He hands it to you. You take the slightly burnt marshmallow, still hot and put the chocolate next to it, and the heat makes it melt, then place both between the crackers. "Here!" You show it to them.

   "Ooh!" Jing looks on in wonder. "So this is what humans eat daily?"

   "Haha, no, not daily but when we have outings like this we would eat these, it's a traditional camping

snack!"

   "Ooh! Ok!" Jing takes a bite and she gets chocolate all over her face. "Hmm! It's so sticky and gooey and sweet~!" She smiles.

   "Haha you better wipe your face though!"

   "Oh!" She wipes her face and only smears the chocolate around.

   "Goodness... Where are the cloths? You have chocolate all over your face."

   "Ah, where...?" She her lips but only gets a bit of the chocolate. Kris sighs and gets up and takes the cloth from her and helps wipe the chocolate on her face. "Eep!" She blushes. Kris sees her blushing but doesn't think much of it.

   "Is this how you make it?" Tao asks as he puts a burnt marshmallow on a piece of chocolate and then puts them between two crackers.

   "Yup! That's how it's done! But you're marshmallow is a little too burnt." You show him and stick another marshmallow on the stick and keep in near the flame lightly making bits of it turn golden brown. "Here."

   "Ooh! What a pretty color~!" Jing looks closer.

   "Pretty? Well it tastes even better!" Chen makes one as well as Luhan and the rest try them. You look to see what they think.

   "Wah! These are amazing~!" Chen smiles, marshmallow squishing out between his teeth.

   "Haha glad you like them." You make some more and hand one to Kris and Lay.

   "Oh! Thank you!" Lay smiles and tries it. "Ah! This is so different! But I really like it!" He smiles. Kris blow a bit of fire out of his mouth as he cooks a marshmallow. You wait for him to try seeing if he'll like it or not.

   He eats it and he looks surprised. "Wow! How sweet!"

   "Yay!" You make one for yourself and eat it.

   "How do people come up with these things?" Jing asks.

   "Hm? I guess... Curiosity leads to making delicious stuff."

   "Humans are so creative~!" She smiles as she continues eating her s'more.

   "Hmm yeah..." We continue to eat s'mores and fruit soon it becomes night.

   "And that constellation over there is the great unicorn." Lay points to a small cluster of stars.

   "I'm pretty sure that's a dragon..." Kris argues.

   "I say it's a panda." Tao adds on. You look at the constellations and laugh.

   "What kind of constellations do you have in your kingdom Iseul?" Lay asks.

   "Hmm we have this one called the Big Dipper! It's like a giant spoon."

   "A giant spoon? That's not very interesting... You don't have anything like a scorpion or a bunny rabbit?" Chen asks.

   "Hmm... Ah well we have a scorpion too! But a bunny rabbit..." You think trying to remember anything about a bunny rabbit. "I'm sure it's out there too."

   "Oh! Oh! Shooting star! Everyone make a wish!" Jing shouts.

   "Oh!" You look at it and close your eyes.

   "What did you wish for?" Jing asks you.

   "Hmm, I hoped everyone will stay happy and we'll have peace. What about you?"

   "I wish for a happy life~! Full of love and happiness~!" She smiles.

   "Haha that's a good wish!"

   "I wish Tao would stop stealing my stuff." Chen says.

   You're about to ask the others what they wished for when you remember. "Oh! Guys I was told that when you make a wish you shouldn't tell others what you wished for!"

   "Really? Why?" Tao asks.

   "Because it won't come true!"

   "What?" Jing looks at you confused.

   You shrug, "I've just been told that if you tell others your wish it won't happen."

   "What if you want something, how do others know what to get you if you don't tell them?" Tao asks.

   "Hm? Well I'm just saying when you wished on a shooting star not in general."

   "I'm confused." Chen looks at you.

   "Haaa nevermind."

   "Has there ever been anything that you wanted to do but never did?" Jing asks you.

   "Hm? Something I wanted to do but never did? Um... Well... There really isn't much I wanted to do and if I wanted to I guess I would do it.... So I don't think I have anything that I'd want to do, that I haven't done... What about you?"

   "What about a camping trip in the mountains?" Chen asks.

   "A camping trip in the mountains?! I've never really thought about that before... But sounds like fun!"

   "What's so different about camping here and in the mountains?" Tao asks.

   "I don't know, I feel like it would just feel different."

   "Yay! Let's go to the mountains tomorrow!" Jing cheers.

   "We should!!"

   The owls hoot, the crickets chirp and the wind rustles through the trees, all creating a lullaby that lulls you to sleep. You all fall asleep under the stars anticipating tomorrow's fun adventure.

The next morning~

   You slowly wake up to the bright sun and the loud chirping of the birds. Xiumin is the first to get up and stretch his limbs. He goes inside to prepare breakfast. You slowly get up yawning and doing a quick stretch. You walk into the kitchen to see if you can help. "Morning~"

   "Good morning~! What do you think we should serve? Pancakes? Eggs?" He grabs a spatula.

   "I want s'more~!" Tao yells.

   "Yah! We're all out of marshmallows."

   "Then let's get some more~!" He whines.

   "I can't! There in the human world I'll have to go when the portal opens again." Tao pouts. "Let's make some pancakes!"

   "Ok!" Xiumin mixes the batter and of course Tao tries to stick his finger in it, but Xiumin smacks his hand with a spatula.

   "Ow! That hurt!" Tao pouts again.

   "Tao wait until we finish making the pancakes will you!" You hand him some berries, "Eat these while you wait."

   "Hm!" He takes the berries and sits by and eats them.

   "How are you in charge of combat?" Xiumin raises his eyebrow.

   "Haha, I know right, when I first met him he was all tough and manly, now he's like a baby."

   "I'm older than you!" He yells at you.

   "So? You don't act like you are!"

   "Hmph!" He pouts.

   "Haha!" Xiumin finishes the first batch of pancakes and you pour some syrup on them. "Here you go Tao!"

   "Yay!" He cheers. He finishes his pancakes in a blink of an eye and asks for more.

   "Aigoo! Go outside and wait until we make more!" Xiumin orders. He pouts and walks outside and we hear him yell Chen's name. Seems like he decided to bother poor Chen now. You chuckle. "Ok! All done!" Xiumin brings out a plate piled high with pancakes. You bring the other plates and silverware and syrup and walk back out.

   "Yay! Pancakes!" Chen takes some and begins eating. Lay takes a couple and passes them around. Luhan sets one down on Kris's face, who's still asleep.

   "Pft!" You take some pancakes and pass it Jing.

   "Yippee!" She takes one and begins eating. You place the rest in the middle and you all begin to eat.

   "So what supplies do we need for the camping trip?" Lay asks.

   "Hmm a few tents... Sleeping bags... Food... It's a one night camping right? So I think that's enough..."

   "What about... Music?" Chen asks.

   "Bring music? Like instruments?"

   "Yeah, Lay has a couple of small drums." He points to Lay who looks at him.

   "Oh you do?! You can play drums as well?! First you sing, then you show that you can play the piano... Wow!"

   "Ah! I don't play them! They just lie around and collect dust." He chuckles nervously.

   "Oh, really? Well let's bring them out and play them for fun then!"

   A few minutes later and everyone has a small drum of their own. Lay plays a simple but catchy beat while Tao just hits them randomly. You listen to Lay's beat and try to play it the way he did but fail.

   "Hehe! It's ok! It takes practice!"

   "Ah haha okay."

   "Let's pack for the road trip!" Luhan says, pulling out the bags for food and supplies.

   "Okay! I'll go get some food!"

   "We already have the sleeping bags out, we just need to roll them up." He say while folding his sleeping bag and tying it tightly.

   You pick some fruits and veggies you can eat raw... "Hmm what else?"

   "Alright! Everyone get on board the dragon express!" Chen cheers.

   "I am not your caravan." Kris crosses his arms.

   "Haha alright... Wait." You look up at the mountain. "Are we seriously gonna walk all the way?" You whine.

   "Come on Kris how else are we going to get up there?" Luhan looks at him.

   "Yeah! Please!!"

   "Ugh! Fine! But I don't want any complaints on the trip up there or I swear I will turn around and come back here!"

   "Yes sir! No complaints!"

   In a flash of red light and a burst of smoke and flames, his dragon form comes to life. He stretches out his long body before laying low to the ground, waiting for everyone to get on.

   "Whoa! Cool I'm gonna ride a dragon!!" You slowly walk up and get on his back.

   "Everyone on?" He looks back to count 7 people.

   You look around and nod. "Yup!"

   "Alright!" He slowly stretches out his wings and with one huge motion brings them down creating a huge gust of wind. He does this repeatedly until you're finally off the ground. You look down but then close your eyes and look away, "Bad idea, bad idea." You repeat under your breath.

   Suddenly you feel someone's hands around your waist. "Are you scared of heights?" You hear Lay ask

behind you.

   "Ah.. Y-yeah I am." Your heart beats fast feeling his arms around you.

   "Just keep calm, it's Kris, so we know we'll be ok." He smiles at you.

   "Yeah." You smile but look straight ahead.

   As you get closer, you see a wide opening on top of the mountains. "Ah! That looks like a good place to

set up camp!" Xiumin points down.

   "It is! Let's go there!" Kris begins to fly lower but something seems wrong, you notice that he's tilting to the side a bit. "Um...Kris?" You call his name. He tries to readjust but as he gets closer to the opening he suddenly reverts back to his human form while everyone is still in the air. Luckily you're close enough to the ground that it's just a short fall. "Yah!" You fall on your and get up glaring at him.

   "Ah... Sorry... It's been a really long time since I've flown." He stands up to crack his back.

   "Haa, okay..."

   "Is everyone ok?" Lay gets up and looks around. Everyone confirms that any injury they sustained is only minor and begin setting up the tents. You finish setting up yours and Jing's and look around. Kris's tent is much larger and seems to be taking longer to set up. Lay is tangled in the cords and ropes

and Tao and Chen are fighting over which tent they want.

   "Aish..." You walk over to Tao and Chen and wack them behind their heads.

   "Ah! What was that for?" Chen pouts and rubs his head.

   "Quit fighting! Chen you take this tent and Tao take this one, now shut up." You walk away from them.

   "What if I don't want this tent?" Tao complains..

   "Tao. That. Tent. Is. Yours."

   "Ye-yes ma'am." He freezes under your glare.

   "Good." You smile and walk over to Lay to help him out.

   "Ah, thanks Iseul, I seem to be... Er... Confused about what goes where..." He pulls on a cord and

accidentally trips Kris as he's walking by. "Oops." He winces.

   "Pft! Here let me help." You show him where each thing is supposed to go and soon you finish setting up his tent.

   "Ah! Wow! This is going to be great!" He thanks you and goes inside to check it out.

   Then you see if Kris might need help. "Kris, why do you need such a big tent?!"

   "I am a king." Is all he says as he wrestles with untangling a cord. You roll your eyes and kneel next to him just watching him struggle. "You're not going to help?" He looks at you.

   "Hm? I thought you'd be able to handle it since you're the king."

   "Hmph! A king shouldn't have to set up his own tent!" He stands and throws the tangled cords to Jing, who immediately begins working on untangling them.

   "Ugh..." You look at Jing, "I have no idea what made her like him, he's too much of a royal pain to deal with." You think to yourself. Eventually everyone gets their tents set up and Xiumin calls everyone over for lunch. "Ah! Food!"

   "We've got vegetable soup and sandwiches!" He passes around a warm pot or soup. You take a sandwich and a bowl of soup. Tao finishes his sandwich and grabs another before anyone can stop him and begins eating. Jing is sitting in a nearby field making several flower crowns.

   "Yah! Jing eat! Before Tao finishes all the food here."

   "Ah! Coming!" She runs over and places a flower crown on your head.

   "Oh?" You touch the crown on your head and look at her. "How do I look?" You flip your hair acting all fab.

   "Hehehe! Lovely!" She giggles and runs over to give everyone one. Kris smiles at Jing and continues eating. After eating Xiumin goes to the river to collect some water to wash dishes with. You walk with him to help him out.

   "I hear this mountain has a hidden lake." Xiumin mentions to you while washing dishes. "They say that it's where this river begins, this river flows through all the kingdoms and it's the main source of fresh water."

   "Oh wow really? That's incredible~! Hm... If it's hidden has no one ever really seen it?"

   "No, it's just a myth..." Xiumin says. "Like a story that our moms used to tell us before bed about how you could see your soulmate in the waters reflection."

   "Whoa! You can see your soulmate?!"

   "Hehe! Are you curious?" He raises an eyebrow.

   "Of course I am!"

   "But like I said, it's just a myth. Even if there is a hidden lake, I highly doubt it knows who your soulmate

is."

   "Hmm you never know..." You smile. "I really want to find the lake, I mean it could be real!"

   "Heh, good luck with that." He smiles as he finishes the dishes. You bring the dishes back to camp and place them in their bags and tie them up.

   "So what should we do now?" Chen asks, sitting on a stump.

   "Hm... Hiking... We could play a game you guys played when you were younger, I think it'd be fun! Like... Hide and seek!"

   "Ok! Let's go for a hike then find a good place to play hide and seek!" Lay suggests.

   "Oh sounds good! Let's go!"

   "We'll leave most of the supplies here since we want to travel light. Just pack a flashlight and some

snacks." Luhan says.

   "Alright!" You get back with some snacks and the others get the flashlights.

   "Hey! Did I bring this?" Chen pulls a camcorder out of his backpack.

   "Ah! You guys had a camcorder?!"

   "Is that what it's called?" Chen looks at it curiously. "Looks like another thing that Rose left behind."

   "Well it's a good thing she did! Here you use it to record things!" You press the on button and hit record. "You'll record everything that happens now! And be able to see it later on!"

   "Oh!" He looks at it and smiles. "This is Chen of the Eastern Kingdom. My group and I are about to

depart on a perilous and dangerous journey into the unknown!" He says into the camcorder dramatically.

   "We're going to play hide and seek in the forest." Luhan adds in the background.

   "Haha perfect!"

"Your group?" Kris looks back. "I'm the king, so clearly I'm in charge." He takes the camcorder and uses it

to look at himself.

   You roll your eyes, "That's not a mirror, quit hogging the camera!" Tao grabs it and does the same, taking a moment to fix his hair. "Ugh..."

   "Let's get moving!" Luhan yells and everyone begins their trek up the trail. You continue to walk with Tao and Kris hogging the camera, when the wind blows to check if they look alright.

   "Does this look like a good spot to play hide and seek?" Lay stops beside you.

   "Hm?" You look around to see a decent amount to trees and other places to hide. "I think it's a good spot to play."

   "Alright! Who's the seeker? Not it!" Luhan raises his hand. Everyone starts yelling 'not it' at once.

   The only person who didn't yell 'not it' is Kris. He folds his arms, "hiding isn't my style."

   "Oh, sure, well start counting! We're gonna go hide!" Kris closes his eyes and begins counting but for a second you notice him open one eye. "Yah! Stop cheating!"

   "I'm not!" He laughs a little before covering his eyes but you still notice him peek between his fingers.

   "Why you... Turn around!" And you run off and look around.

   After a few moments. "Here I come!" Kris yells.

   "What he's done?! Shoot!" You panic looking around and decide to just get behind a tree trunk.

   "Oh! Hello!" You hear Lay's voice. "Hehe! Looks like we picked the same hiding spot."

   "Oh! Hi!" Soon you hear footsteps and shut your mouth. You wait, hoping he doesn't find you yet.

   "Aha! Found you!" You hear Kris yell. "Come on! Get out of the tree!"

   "No! I like it up here!" You hear Tao yell back.

   "Phew~"

   "I found you which means you have to help me find the others!" Kris yells.

   "You've gotta catch me first!" He screams and runs off.

   "Pft!" You shake your head trying not to laugh and you hear more crunching again.

   "Lay and Iseul sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G~!" You hear Chen singing. He's sitting in a tree not far from you and your eyes widen.

   "Loser!" You mouth.

   He giggles and hides when he hears Kris approaching. "Ah! I see you!" Kris yells.

   "Shoot!" Chen jumps down and runs off.

   "Hey! Get back here!" He runs after him.

   "He still didn't find us, wow!"

   "Heh! You must be my good luck charm!" Lay smiles at you.

   "Oh am I? Well that's good." You smile back. You see Kris in the distance against a tree glaring, all worn out from his recent chases. Suddenly you hear thunder and it gets darker and the sound of rain hitting the trees fills the air. "What?! It's raining?!!"

   "We've got to find someplace for cover!" Lay tells you.

   "Right!" You look around.

   "Oh! There's a small cave over there!" He points to a cave further down the mountain.

   "Ah! Let's get going then!" You and Lay squeeze into the small cave, it goes pretty far in, protecting you from the rain, but it's cold and dark. "Ah..." You shudder, hugging yourself and squint your eyes trying to adjust to the darkness. Lay wraps his jacket tightly around you and pulls out a flashlight. He suddenly turns it on illuminating the cave. "Ah! Aren't you cold?" You look at him.

   "I'll be fine, the important thing is that we're safe."

   "Right..." You look back to the way you came from. "I hope the others found some shelter."

   Somewhere in another cave...

   "Quit pushing me!" Chen yells at Tao.

   "Stop taking up so much space." Tao yells back.

   You get feeling if Chen and Tao are the only ones somewhere in shelter they'd be fighting. You chuckle.

   Kris somehow running to find shelter found Jing in a ball near a rock and runs up to her. "Ah! Kris!" Jing jumps, surprised by the lightning and thunder. Kris takes Jing's hand

   "C'mon! We have to go fine some shelter!"

   "Ah! R-right!" She squeezes his hand tightly.

   Soon they find vines lightly covering a cave.

   "Ah, let's get in there!"

   "O-ok!" They crawl inside and wait for the rain to stop. It continues to pour and it seems like it won't stop anytime soon.

   "Still cold, Iseul?" Lay asks you.

   You shake your head, "Are you?"

   "No, I'm good." He says, but moves closer.

   "He's says he's not cold, but there's no way he isn't." You sit closer to him, "Maybe we can stay a bit warmer next to each other." You think, then you get an idea. "Isn't fur supposed keep people warm? The cave is too small though... If I turn into a tiger I'll crush Lay. Ugh... Nevermind..." A few minutes later you feel a weight on your shoulder. "Hm?" You turn around. Lay's head is sitting precariously on your shoulder. Light snores echo in the cave as the flashlight starts to fall out of his hands. "Ah... He's asleep..." You take the flashlight before it falls. "I guess I could take a nap too..." You brush your hands through his hair smiling and slowly close your eyes.

   "Iseul? Lay?" Xiumin shines his flashlight on your face, waking you up.

   "Hm? Oh Xiumin!" You rub your eyes and squint, "Too bright..."

   "Oops! Sorry!" He chuckles and helps pull you out of the cave along with Lay.

   Chen is standing outside with the camcorder as he films you two. "Another life is saved thanks to the valiant efforts of Chen the explorer!"

   You roll your eyes, "I see you've kept the camcorder safe."

   "Yep! Let's get back to the campsite! Tao and Luhan are already out looking for Kris and Jing!" Xiumin tells you.

   "Oh, they haven't found the two yet? Alright, I'm sure they're fine, let's go." Xiumin and Chen lead you two back to camp until Lay stops you.

   "Hm?" You look at him confused. "What is it?"

   "You two go ahead! We know the way back!" Lay calls out to them and they nod and keep going. You look back at him when they walk away. "Follow me!" He grabs your hand and leads to a small dug out tunnel near the river. "See that?" He points and you can see a light blue glow coming from the tunnel.

   "Oh! What is that?"

   "I think it's the hidden lake that you and Xiumin were talking about earlier. You said you were curious didn't you?" He looks at you.

   "No way!! Can we go check it out?!"

   "Hehehe! Let's see if we can!" He starts slowly descending into the tunnel. You follow him, the light getting brighter and brighter. Lay helps you down when you reach the bottom and you see the lake.

   "Whoa!" You slowly walk up to it.

   "Wah! This is so cool!" Lay exclaims and gets closer to the water. You kneel down and peer into the water. Yours and Lays reflection look back at you in the rippling water.

   "Oh!" You wave to Lay's reflection. "Hi~ Lay!"

   "Hehe! Hi Iseul!" He waves at the water and his reflection mirrors him.

   "Oh this is so cool! Can I touch the water?"

   "I don't see why not, it is fresh water." Lay nods.

   You slowly let your finger touch the water and pull it back, making ripples. You run your hand through the water. "Waa~ it feels so nice." Suddenly you're surprised when a splash of water hits you and hear Lay giggling to the side. "Lay!" You laugh and splash him back. Before long you and Lay return to camp in soaking wet clothes.

   "Where did you two go?" Xiumin looks at you curiously.

   "Hmm? To a lake." YOu simply reply.

   "A lake? Or the lake? Did you find it? The hidden lake?" He asks excitedly.

   "Shh! Lay did! And he showed it to me!"

   "So did you... look into it and see your soulmate?"

   "Soulmate?" Then your eyes widen, "Wait a second..." You look at Lay then back at Xiumin.

   "What? Wasn't that what the legend said? You'd see your soulmate in the waters reflection."

   "Wait... But it... Was just his reflection maybe it isn't him! It could just be a coincidence!" You say more to yourself.

   "Well unless Iseul and I are each others' soulmates, we didn't see anything but our own reflections." Lay tells him and he looks a bit disappointed.

   "Hm?" You look at him. "Is he okay? Maybe he isn't happy about the fact that we could be soulmates?"

   "Hyung! You should show the whole group and I could record it!" Chen gets up close to your face with the camcorder.

   "Yah! Don't get that close!" You push the camera away. He laughs and follows Lay as they try to find the tunnel again.

   "Do you know where you're going?" Chen asks after they've gone around in a circle 3 times.

   "It should've be here! We seriously found it..." You look around confused.

   "I think Lay-hyung forgot where it is." Chen laughs. "It's ok! I'll just use this as part of my explorers film.

The hidden lake! That shall forever remain hidden!!"

   "Aww I was hoping I could show you guys... Hm, well... Let's check if the others are back then." Everyone returns to the campsite. Jing is brushing rainwater out of her hair when you get back. "Ah! Hey! Don't tell me you were alone hiding during the storm." You look at her, worriedly.

   "Ah! No! Kris was with me!"

   "Oh! He was?" You smile, "Well, that's good!"

   "We've all had a rough night. Let's get some breakfast and try to relax." Luhan says.

   "Ah okay, Xiumim let's hurry and make breakfast."

   "Right!" He picks up a basket and you two head into the woods to pick fruit and berries. You soon begin filling the basket up with berries after a little search. "How about we make blueberry pancakes?" Xiumin asks.

   "Oh! Sounds good let's make them!" You pop a blueberry in your mouth. Everyone sets up little logs in a circle for everyone to sit on while Xiumin hands out the pancakes. "Mm! Let's eat!" After everyone ate Luhan hands you a small piece of paper and a pencil. "Hm?" You look at him. "What's this for?"

   "I was thinking that since we've started getting used to using things from the human world, it might be nice if you went back there the next full moon to pick up some stuff."

   "Ah! Good idea I'll write a list down then!" You think for a moment before you begin making a list

1. Marshmallows

   "What do you do when the square is a little red in the corner of the screen?" Chen asks you holding up the camcorder.

   "Oh no! Ah, it's low battery, that means you won't be able to use it."

2. Camera charger

3. Battery's, maybe

   "I wonder if maybe someone should go with you. So you're not alone in the human world." Lay says.

   "Hm? Well is it possible for all of us to go? I think I should give you a tour of the place!"

   "All of us? The human world isn't dangerous?" Jing asks, flying over.

   "Dangerous? No! I mean sure it has it's own bad things, but nothing to worry about! We aren't going

anywhere that's dangerous so we'll be fine."

   "Well since you know your way around better than we do, we'll follow you." Luhan says.

   "Okay! Then it's settle we'll go the next full moon!"

   "Yippee!" Jing cheers.

   You look at the list again. "Well... Since you guys haven't tried much, I guess when we go we'll just decide what to get."

   "Don't you have to pay for stuff?" Chen asks. "Do you have enough money to buy everything we want?"

   "Oh... I don't have any money.... I have money back in the castle at home but... Oh! I have all the jewelry I can sell it to a jeweler for money!"

   "Well you are a princess... Maybe they'll just give it to you for free!"

   "Um... Well... I don't know much about the whole situation back home, I mean I am 'missing', right?"

   "I guess we'll just have to figure it out when we get there." Luhan shrugs.

   "Hmm, yeah."

 

Later that night...

You finished dinner and soon get ready to sleep. "Whoo! I'm beat!" You yawn.

   "Oh! No ones sleeping tonight!" Chen says dramatically.

   "What?" You turn your head to him, "And why not?"

   "Because tonight! We're telling scary stories~! Woo~" He chuckles evilly.

   "S-scary... Stories..." You gulp.

   Everyone sits around the camp fire carefully listening as Chen tells a long and complicated tale about a

ghost in the castle. Tao grabs your arm and holds onto it tightly. Slightly shaking, either from fear or from the cold. You pat him with your other hand to calm him down but can't help but get creeped out as well. Lay is sitting next to you. He looks more zoned out than creeped out. You look at him shocked, "I don't think I can sleep tonight..." You mutter.

   Chen finishes his story with "and they say his spirit still roams the castle and this forest."

   "This forest?!" You look around freaked out.

   "Boo!" Luhan yells and Tao screams holding onto you even tighter. Lay jumps but just looks around

confused.

   "Yah! Luhan!!"

   "Hahaha! Ah, man! You should've seen your face!" Luhan laughs.

   "Nice one!" Chen high fives him.

   "You two..." You scowl.

   "If you think that's scary, I have a truly frightening tale and what's even scarier, is that this one is true." Kris looks around the circle.

   "True?" You look at him wide eyed.

   "Before many of you came to this castle, there was a man who worked here. His name was Magnus." The flames rose higher. You listen to him intently. "There was also a great darkness that was threatening to overtake the kingdom. It was led by a very powerful witch whose mere mention of the name caused bad luck to those who spoke it."

   "That's scary there's an actual witch..."

   "The reason that dragons and unicorns no longer exist in the human world is because of men like Magnus, you see... He's a bounty hunter. He's the most powerful human that ever came into the kingdom, even more than Rose. He's the one that forged the sword that Rose almost killed me with." You look at him shocked. "Magnus was very powerful, that's true, but he wanted even more power and he was willing to do anything for it... Even sell his soul to the dark witch."

   "Sell his soul?! He sounds like an insane man."

   "He gave her his soul and in return she gave him power over the darkness, but the darkness consumed

him until he was no longer human..."

   "No longer human? What is he then?"

   "He became a shadow that stalked and hunted his prey until he captured them and-"

   Kris was interrupted by Xiumin. "Okay! That's enough of that! Why don't we all go to bed now? Hm?" You nod furiously agreeing but yet a part of you is curious to what happens next.

   Kris sighs but he looks at everyone very seriously. "Magnus is very real and he's still out there.... Waiting for his next target..." You gulp and see Tao's knuckles go white from holding you so tightly. It takes the combined strength of Luhan, Chen and Xiumin to pry him off.

   "Thanks..." You rub your arm. "Tao... Everything will be fine okay?"

   "O-ok..." He stammers.

   "Let's all get some sleep now."

   Later, outside of your tent you hear Luhan and Kris arguing. You slowly get up and slightly open the cover to see what's going on.

   "I thought I told you never to tell that story!" Luhan is whispering, but it also kind of sounds like he's yelling at him.

   "Was it that bad to tell the story?" You look between the two.

   "It was just a story to scare them, we all know that Magnus died when the Southern castle burned down with him in it." Kris says defensively.

   "Oh, he isn't alive then, it's okay then, right?"

   "It's stories like that though, that make him seem like he's still alive! They never found a body and he's

gotten out of worse! You and I both know that!" Luhan continues to yell at him.

   Your eyes widen and you gulp... "So it's a maybe then..."

   "Get some sleep, Luhan. You've been a little on edge lately. I understand." Kris tries to calm him down and he takes a deep breath.

   "Lately? So it's not just the story that's got him all wound up..."

   "I guess you're right..." Luhan sighs. "I'll try not to worry so much, goodnight." He says and walks off to his own tent.

   You slowly get back to your bag and lie down, your mind running over and over the story.

   The next morning everyone starts packing up to go back to the castle.

   "Ah~ this was so much fun!" You wrap the tent together.

   "I can't wait to do this again!" Jing rolls the sleeping bags and ties them together.

   "Same!" You soon finish packing up.

   "Alright! I think I've got the hang of this now! No more crash landings!" Kris stretches his limbs.

   "That's good!" He turns into a dragon and everyone starts climbing on top of him.

   "Here we go!" He flaps his wings and soon you're in the air, high above the clouds. This time you don't look down and go through the sky nearing the castle. Kris lands on the field in front of the castle gates with a thud and leans down so everyone can get off.

   "And he sticks the landing!" Chen cheers.

   "Haha!" You jump off bringing the supplies down. Everyone gets off and you and Xiumin walk into the kitchen to place the dishes back in their place. After a bit of organizing the team finally has everything in order.

   "Haa, we're done!" You sigh and lean against the counter.

   "Now let's get packed for our journey to the human world!" Xiumin laughs.

   "Oh ya! Hmm... How Long are we gonna stay there is it just a day?"

   "I think the less time there the better." Luhan says. "No offense, but in case you didn't notice, 2 out of 3 of the humans we've met in the past have been dangerous."

   "Ah, r-right."

   "Hey~! I think this will be fun~!" Jing giggles as she gets her backpack ready.

   "Haha, I hope you all enjoy it! I'll do my best being your tour guide!" You put in your backpack some of your jewelry for money, most likely you might have to use them.

   "I've used the portal before, but only because I get curious about the human world. I usually never stay

there long." Xiumin says, putting his backpack on.

   "Hmm, well how far have you gone into the human world?"

   "Your garden's cabbage patch?" He chuckles.

   "Are you serious? Well, we'll be going farther than that!"

   "What? People would think it was weird if a random boy was in their garden, that's why I always go as my spirit animal, but then I get distracted by the tasty veggies."

   You chuckle and grab a scarf. "Has everyone finished packing?"

   "Yep!" Everyone responds.

   "Well, let's get going!!" The full moon rises and the portal begins to glow, because of the rain, the lake is beginning to fill up again, but it's only ankle deep. You take a step in. "C'mon!" Everyone follows you through the portal. The light blinds you for a moment but then the portal drops you off into your castle's garden. "Ah! We're here?!" You slowly look around, "Is everyone okay?"

   "Yep! The ground softened the fall!" Lay smiles giving you a thumbs up.

   "I am not the ground!" Kris yells from underneath him.

   "Pft! Lay you're on top of Kris!"

   "Oops! Sorry!" Lay immediately stands up and helps Kris stand as well. He dusts himself off and grabs his stuff.

   You look around again but the guards usually wouldn't be in the garden, "Thank god... Well... I'm sure we can't show up suddenly here, everyone will freak out if they see you guys and me."

   "So what do we do?" Xiumin asks.

   "Hold on, I made a secret get away to get from the castle to the outside, we'll use that... Follow me."

   "Ok!" Everyone follows you as quietly and as stealthily as possible. You reach the back, behind the thick bushes and bend down, moving the fake grass you placed, to the side and open the door. "Everyone get in!" They move inside and await your instructions. You close the door behind you and feel for the flashlight you always keep in the corner. You turn it on and get to the front. "Follow me, we'll be out soon."

   "Alright." Luhan says unsure.

   You continue to walk for a bit more. "Sorry, it's long..."

   "Iseul! Is that you?" You hear the queen call you.

   "W-what is she doing here?!" You turn off the flashlight.

   "What's wrong my queen!?" One of the guards ask.

   "Oh, I thought I saw Iseul... She's almost late for her wedding..." The queen groans.

   "L-late for my wedding?! I'm so confused, I've been gone for over a month now."

   "Wasn't your wedding like forever ago?" Xiumin asks.

   "There must be a time lapse between the two worlds. I bet you were gone no more than 10 minutes from this place." Luhan says.

   "No more then 10 minuets?! That's crazy! Ahh what to do?! I haven't even missed my wedding... And we're all here so then they could be out looking soon..."

   "I'm curious to see the guy that your parents hooked you up with." Chen chuckles.

   "Oh god I'm not, I don't wanna see him."

   "Lead us to your room." Luhan tells you.

   "My room?! A-alright..." You turn to another part of the tunnel and open the door above you. You get out helping the others out as well.

   "Ooh! Look at all the pretty dresses!" Jing squeals as she flies around the room.

   You look at the dresses and shrug, "You like any of them?"

   "I like all of them!" She looks through them with wide eyes.

   You chuckle, "Well you can wear them, take them, if you want. I'll buy more for you later."

   "Wah! Are you serious!?" She looks at you.

   "Of course I am." You turn to Luhan. "Why did you want me to take you guys to my room?"

   "Because you're going to go through with the wedding." Luhan says sternly.

   "W-what?!!"

   "Think of it this way, you're not coming back here for a long time and if you do, you're not going to stay

long. Would it really kill you to fulfill one of your parents requests before you never see them again?" He

asks.

   You stay quiet and sigh. "I guess..."

   "Good, now get into your wedding dress and do whatever it is you do to make yourself look pretty."

   You sigh. "Fine... Wait I left my wedding dress back at our place!!!" You run into the your large closet rummaging through all the saris. You grab a dark blue sari and get some jewelry and run into your bathroom.

   "Are you ready yet?" Luhan knocks on the door after a few minutes.

   "Hold on!!" You put on some lipstick. "Alright! I'm done!"

   "Wow~!" Everyone stares at you.

   "You look beautiful." Lay says. Chen just whistles.

   You smile. "Thanks." You suddenly hear a knock at your door. "Shoot! Guys hide in my closet!!"

   "Wah!? What!?" Tao mutters as everyone rushes to squeeze themselves inside.

   "Guys, there's another door in there for my other clothes, you can open it." You whisper and close the door. "Come in!"

   Your mother walks in. "Oh my goodness, is that the dress that you were wearing earlier? I don't like it! But we don't have time so it'll have to do! Let's go!"

   You roll your eyes. "Alright." She leads you to the hall where several people of important status wait for you. "Wait!" You stop her. "Before I walk in tell me his name, at least so I don't come off as rude for not knowing."

   "Oh! He's a very charming boy, I hear his father is a very successful hunter and his mother is an heiress from another kingdom and..." She continues to babble on .

   "Mother!" You cut her off. "Just tell me the name...please."

   "Oh! His name is a bit odd, I don't know where he got it from but it's Sungam."  She says.

   "Sungam? Ah I see okay..."

   "Let's go now! No more time to waste!" She pushes you forward.

   "Ah, okay," You straighten your back and slowly step into the room.

   A tall handsome boy stands looking nervous at the end of the aisle, near your father. You show a smile and take a deep breathe then step forward and begin taking slow steady steps toward the boy and your dad. "You... Look beautiful, Iseul." He says shyly.

   You smile, "And you're quite handsome Sungam." He blushes and looks towards the priest as he tells you to say your vows. The priest talks on about marriage and lots of things and the ceremony seems to go on forever before he finally says... "You may now kiss the bride." You look at Sungam, "I don't wanna lose my first kiss!" You think to yourself, but let it go and wait for Sungam. He looks at you shyly before hesitantly leaning forward and just brushing your lips with his. You smile at him and hear everyone clap and cheer.

   "I could've kissed better than that." Luhan grumbled in your head. You hold back a chuckle from escaping. After the wedding, everyone chats amongst themselves about politics or about the weather and it becomes all too boring. You sigh and look around. You and Sungam haven't talked at all after the wedding but you have to stand next to each other while the part goes on.

   "So..." He starts quietly. "We're married."

   You chuckle. "Yeah, we're married... Um... I heard about your parents from my mother, your father is a hunter and your mother is an heiress correct?"

   "Um... Yeah, that's correct, but to be honest... I don't really see my parents a lot."

   "Oh?" You look at him. "I see..."

   "What about your parents?" He asks.

   "Well," You chuckle, "I'm not very close to my parents... They're very busy and I don't get to see them much, and if I do the only thing they ever talk about is my future to become queen, and politics..."

   "Ah, yeah. Same here..."

   "Oh my gosh! You two are boring!" Luhan says in your head. "Can we wrap this up already? My legs are asleep."

   "Ah sorry Luhan!! Um..." You look around, "can I just leave though?" You ask him.

   "I don't care what you do, just get me out of here! I think Tao farted!"

   You hold back another chuckle "Okay, okay." You look back at Sungam. "Hey..."

   "Hm?" He looks at you. "Is something wrong?"

   "Ah, um is it alright if I step out for a bit?"

   "Oh, sure, I think so... Do you want me to walk you out?" He asks.

   "Ah, it's alright! I don't want to trouble you!"

   "It's no trouble at all! Let me! We are married after all!" He says taking your hand in his.

   "Oh! Well... Okay..." You look in surprise at your hands. "He's just walking me out... I'll go another way back to my room." You think to yourself.

   "Did you just want to get some fresh air, or was there some place you wanted to go?" He asks.

   "Hm? Ah... Just some fresh air..." He slowly takes you outside and you notice he still has his hand around yours.

   "Wow, kissing and holding hands on the first date... I hate to see what you do for the second." Luhan says sarcastically.

   You roll your eyes. "Shut up Luhan."

   "Excuse me?" Sungam looks at you confused.

   "Hm?" You look at him.

   "Did you just tell me to shut up? I didn't even say anything."

   "Oh, I'm so sorry! I didnt know I said that!" You say and think to yourself. "I just said some random thing out loud by accident." Quickly thinking of an excuse, you blurt out "I... Talk to myself!"

   He sighs. "Your mother did warn me that there was something wrong with you, but I didn't think it would be this..."

   "My mother said that?"

   "Yeah, but I thought that maybe she was just being a little strict like my mother can be." He says.

   "Ah, I see..."

   "But I can handle that you talk to yourself sometimes. I don't mind." He smiles at you.

   "Oh my. What a gentleman." Luhan continues with the sarcasm. You ignore Luhan and smile back.

   "Um... Will you excuse me... I'd like to go to my room..."

   "Oh, ok." He let's go of your hand.

   You smile. "Thanks." You turn around and walk back in. Soon you reach your room and walk in sighing. You walk to the closet and open it. "Guys?"

   "Ah! It's about time!" Chen runs out. "I thought I was going to die in there!"

   "I didn't fart!" Tao yells.

   "Ah, sorry guys."

   "How'd it go?" Jing asks excitedly. "Is he handsome? Is he nice?"

   "Ah... Yeah he's handsome and he's really nice." You blush.

   "Well, if you like him so much why don't you just marry him? Oh wait! You already did!" Chen teases.

   You roll your eyes, "Chen! Shut up!" I look at Luhan. "You happy I got married now?"

   "Yes, now maybe your parents will think you spend all your time with Sungam and not in another magical world." Luhan claps his hands.

   "Hmm yeah." You lie on your bed. "Ugh... It's so boring out there tho... Adults are so boring."

   "I want to meet him!!" Jing looks at you.

   "Wait, what?!"

   "Yeah, I want to meet him! You said that he's nice and handsome right? I want to meet him!" Jing flies

around the room.

   "Yah! You can't meet him if your a fairy!" You sigh.

   "Oh! Ok!" She lands and puts her wings away.

   "But what will my parents say if they see you guys? You guys weren't exactly on the guest list..."

   "Well... We might've gotten bored while waiting for you... And we might've snuck out and stole some

uniforms and clothing..." Chen says.

   "Are you serious?! Where... Never mind, it doesn't matter, alright, hurry up and change." The boys start changing forgetting for a moment that you and Jing are still in the room. You cough. "Excuse you."

   "Eep!" Jing covers her eyes and looks away.

   You sigh, "Let's wait in the bathroom..." You take her hand and walk in there waiting for them to change. A few minutes later the boys knock on the door, letting you know that it's ok to come out now. You open the door and walk out then look at the guys in their clothes. "Hm.. Not bad."

   Xiumin is dressed as a cook, while Chen and Lay are dressed as waiters. Luhan and Kris are wearing

formal attire and Tao is wearing a guard's uniform.

   "Alright, perfect let's get going then!!" Everyone walks back out into the hall where the adults continue talking and eating the food off the buffet table, which is where Tao heads straight to. "Yah! Tao! Don't forget!" You pull him back.

   "Wah! But I'm hungry! And the food looks so good!" He whines.

   "Haa, I'll sneak some snacks for you later, but stay over there! Where the other guards are!"

   "But they're just standing around!" Tao complains.

   "Yeah, but as a guard you have to stand around too, now go." He pouts and joins them. Looking towards the buffet table every so often. You grab a few eclairs nearby and causally walk over bringing Jing with you. You slip the eclairs into Tao's hand and walk to the garden where Sungam is still waiting. "Ah Sungam! I'm sorry for making you wait!"

   "Oh! No worries at all!" He smiles. "And who is this?"

   "Ah! I'd like to introduce you to my best friend, this is Jing, Jing, my husband Sungam."

   "Pleasure to meet you!" She bows and he bows in return. You look over at Jing to see what she thinks.

   "Are all your friends this cute?" He asks and Jing looks at you surprised and blushes. You look at him shocked by his sudden compliment to Jing and confidence.

   "Ooh, he's a smooth talker." Luhan says in your head. This time you can see him sipping on a glass of champagne, standing near a wall with Kris by his side.

   You mumble something about annoying Luhan and eavesdropping.

   "You must introduce me to all your friends if they're as special as this one here." He says looking at Jing and she continues blushing and looks away.

   "Ah, um, w-well she's my only female friend."

   "But you do have other friends, don't you? Someone as pleasant as you must always be surrounded by a close circle of friends."

   You bite your lip. "Ah well... I have a few friends that are inside..."

   "Lovely! I can't wait to meet them!"

   "Hey, Iseul~! Is this the famous Sungam? You lucky girl!" Luhan comes up and elbows you.

   "Ah! Luhan! Sungam this is my friend Luhan!"

   "A-and this is Kris!" Jing introduces Kris as he walks up and joins you.

   "My, my. You are sociable, aren't you?" Sungam looks at them.

   "I guess so." You smile.

   He leans closer and whispers to you. "You better be careful, you know what they say about a girl when

she has a lot of men around her." You turn to him shocked. He leans back and smiles as if he didn't say anything. "Why don't we go inside and enjoy some tasty snacks?"

   You slowly nod. "This guy..." Inside Lay and Chen are walking around, serving appetizers and snacks to people on silver trays. You smile at the two as they come closer.

   "Hey, how's it going?" Chen asks you as he approaches.

   Sungam looks at you surprised. "Do all your staff speak to you so casually?"

   "Ah! Yeah, I prefer it that way."

   "How... Interesting." He says with a flat expression.

   You look at him confused but brush it off. "So what kinda snacks, do you two have?"

   "I have no idea! But the people here must love them since I've had to refill my tray 3 times already!" Chen says while holding up 3 fingers for emphasis.

   "Oh wow! Let me see then." Little finger sandwiches, something wrapped in bacon, oysters, and little candies are laid out delicately on the platter. "Oh!" I take a finger sandwich. "Jing! Try them! They're delicious!"

   She takes a bite. "Hm! Yummy!"

   "What are these?" Kris picks up an oyster.

   "Oysters!"

   "Oy-what? It looks too hard to eat." He bites it. "Ow! How do people eat these!?"

   "Are all your friends so uneducated?" Sungam asks you, looking at Kris like he's an idiot.

   "N-no! It's just he's from another country where they don't, um, eat oysters." Man this guy...

   "Wow! That's a really cool looking bracelet!" Lay mentions, pointing to the leather bracelet with purple

gems on Sungam's wrist.

   You look at it too, "Oh, it is pretty."

   "Oh, this old thing? Just a trinket from one of my fathers expeditions. Do you want it?" He takes it off and hands it to Lay who looks at him surprised.

   "Hm?" You look over at Lay and nod.

   "Ah! Is that really ok?" Lay asks and Sungam smiles.

   "Of course!"

   Lay turns to you. "Will you help me put it on, Iseul?"

   "Ah, alright here." You take the bracelet and begin helping Lay put it on. The buckles and straps are a little tricky but eventually you figure it out.

   "Haha! Look at me! I'm an explorer!" Lay laughs.

   You laugh at his cuteness and look at the two. "I'm sure our guests are waiting for more of the delicious food." You think to yourself. "I don't want Sungam to get suspicious."

   "Ah, right!" He picks up his tray and continues going around the room.

   "Hey! Iseul! Over here!" Xiumin waves from a window that leads to the kitchen. His cooks hat falls a little to the side.

   "Oh, hi Xiumin!" You wave and walk over, helping him adjust his hat.

   "Oh! Thanks, haha! How are things going with Sungam?"

   "Um good..." You smile halfheartedly.

   "Hm... I don't believe you." Xiumin says. "I think I can tell when you're lying."

   You sigh and just shrug, but turn back, "I have to go I'll see you later!"

   "Oh! Ok!" He goes back to cooking.

   You walk back to where the others are. Tao has started sneaking over towards the snack table while Luhan and Kris are playing with the lobsters since they don't know how to eat them. Chen and Lay are admiring the bracelet that Sungam gave him. "That was nice of you to give Lay the bracelet." You say to Sungam.

   "You think so? I assumed he'd sell it, since he looks like the type that might need the money, but he also looks stupid enough to keep it, just because it looks pretty." Sungam says coldly while stirring his drink.

   "Excuse me?!" You look at him.

   "He's a waiter here for a reason, isn't he? He needs the money. Probably because he can't afford an

education."

   "Sungam! What is wrong with you?"

   "What do mean?" He turns to you. "I'm right, aren't I?"

   "No! And even if you were, how can you say such a mean thing!"

   "What does it matter what I say? As long as I pay them?"

   "Ugh! That's terrible!" You look at him annoyed, "How dare he insult my friend and say such things to them." You think.

   "By the way, why are you defending him so much? Is he a friend of yours?"

   "Ah, it doesn't matter wether he is or not!"

   "Princesses shouldn't make friends with the help. It's undignified."

   "Excuse me? Oh so cause of some stupid status I can't be with people I want to?!"

   "You sure yell a lot for a princess."

   "Hm." You smirk, "Well get used to it then, with that attitude of yours I'm not gonna stay quiet."

   "Maybe it would be best if you asked your friends to leave."

   "What?"

   "If you don't, I will remove them by force."

   "How dare you..!!" You clench your fists in anger. "I was right to runaway..." You think to yourself.

   "Guards!" Sungam shouts, alerting all the guards making Tao leave the snack table and stand at attention. "That waiter there stole my father's most prized possession from me! He and his associates!" He points accusingly at Lay who looks up shocked and confused.

   "What!! Guards, no stop!!" You look at him with wide eyes. The guards all surround Lay, but Kris, Chen, and Luhan stand in front of him protectively. Xiumin and Tao are frozen in place, wondering if they should blow their cover or not. You push away from him and run to them. "Stop now!!" You roar. But the guards ignore you and drag all four of them to the dungeons. Tao stands near you looking apologetic. "What the heck!!!" You glare at Sungam.

   "You big bully! Bring them back! Being them back!" Jing is shouting at him and he slaps her across the

face. You run up to her and push her behind you and grab him by the collar.

   "Don't you dare touch her!!"

   "Ah, ah! If you want to see your friends again in one piece, you better be nice to me." He glares at you. You instantly let go, stepping back.

   "Jing... Go to my room." You whisper.

   "O-ok!" She shakily stands up and runs down the hall. Holding a hand to her reddening face.

   "Y-you... Why are you doing this..??"

   "My mother told you my father was a hunter, didn't she?" You nod.

   "Well I am too, but I hunt rare creatures like your friends. A dragon and a unicorn would look beautiful in

my study." He smirks.

   "N-no!!" You look at him and remember Kris's story again.

   "Why so scared? Is the baby tiger going to run away again with her tail between her legs?"

   "Y-you know?"

   "I have abilities that you can only dream of, and one of them is being able to see your spirit animals."

   Your body begins to shake but you try to calm yourself. "I can't let myself become afraid! He'll use it to his advantage." You tell yourself.

   "Now I'm going to go to my study. I suggest you hand over your other friends unless you want me to hunt them down like the animals they are. I hear fairies are highly attracted to sugary foods. There's certainly plenty of those here." He grins.

   "Please don't do anything to them..." You plead.

   "You know I can't guarantee their safety, but I can give them a quick and painless death."

   "No!"

   Everyone in the room turns to look at you and Sungam. They begin whispering and murmuring amongst themselves, wondering what's going on. You look away from their stares. "Tsk!"

   "You've got a choice to make Iseul. I suggest you make it quickly." He says while walking away.

   "I-I'll..."

   "Iseul..." Xiumin approaches you and rubs your shoulder, while Tao is still frozen but his legs are shaking.

   "H-he's.... A hunter... He took them..." You hold back tears that are going explode at any moment.

   "Hey, hey! Everything is going to be okay. We're going to save them and then we're going to get out of

here." Xiumin holds you close.

   You nod, "But..."

   "What are we going to do? We can't have an all out battle here, there are too many innocent people that could get hurt." Tao slowly regains his wits and calms down.

   "W-we have... I don't know..." You run a hand through your hair frustrated.

   "Come on, let's go back to your room." Xiumin rubs your back and gently pushes you forward.

   "O-okay, let's go..."

   Back in your room Jing is pacing around your room in circles. "Ooh! I'm so mad! How dare he-!"

   "Ugh! I can't believe I fell for his stupid act!! That dang hunter!! Haa... What do we do he knows who we are and can see our spirit animals..."

   "That doesn't mean that he's won!" Xiumin tries to encourage you. "We just need to figure out how to

release the others and stop him!"

   "R-right... Tao! You're still a guard maybe you can go saying you have to guard them and you could set them free."

   "I don't have any keys or anything! But maybe I can talk to the others and come up with a plan!"

   "Hm! Yeah try that then but do be careful!"

   "I will! Maybe you can come with me! Act like I've just captured you and I'm bringing you down with me."

   "Me?! But I'm the princess here, wouldn't the guards.... Ah! I could disguise myself and come with you!"

   "Good! Let's do that!" Xiumin smiles.

   "Okay..." You run back to your closet and get a servant outfit out you stole once to get out of the castle.

   "Oh, ok!" The boys wait outside while you change.

   You remove all of your makeup and put on the outfit. "Done! Guys come in."

   "You look great! Well not great, but different, that's good right?" Tao looks at you.

   "Haha, that's good then! Alright let's go then!" You, Jing and Xiumin try to look guilty as Tao walks behind you pushing you towards the dungeons. You walk in silence and reach the cells and notice the guys in one of them.

   "Iseul!" Lay shouts when he sees you. You put a finger to your lips. "I'm so glad to see you! You know that I didn't steal his bracelet, right? You were there when he gave it to me."

   You nod. A guard opens the cell and pushes you in. "Ah... I'm so sorry guys!"

   "What's going on?" Kris asks.

   "Sungam... Is a hunter... Who hunts us."

   "Oh, gosh! How could I have been so stupid!" Luhan cries.

   "Luhan it's not your fault calm down we need to figure out how to get out of here!"

   "No! Don't you get it!? Sungam is Magnus!" Luhan grips the bars of the cell.

   "He's Magnus! THE Magnus?!!" Your jaw drops.

   "Its so obvious Sungam is Magnus backwards! Ugh!" Luhan hits his head.

   "But how did he escape the fire?" Kris asks.

   "What to do?!! Ugh!!!"

   "He doesn't look like a shadow..." Chen says.

   "Maybe he also gained the ability to shapeshift?" Lay ponders.

   "Hmm he did say he has a lot of abilities..."

   "Unlike Rose he actually has abilities that seem pretty powerful..." Luhan says.

   "Is there anyway to get rid of them? I mean he was a human at the beginning, maybe there's a way to

make him human again."

   "We'd have to find the dark witch, the one that gave him his powers." Kris says.

   "Who is she?! Where is she?!"

   "Hm... We'd have to figure out a way to travel between worlds without the full moon and the lake."

   "Travel between... Hmm... Well you said Xiumin's rabbit hole is one way..."

   "Well, there is another portal to the human world, but it's dangerous..." Luhan states.

   "What is it?"

   "If you do find the dark witch, she has her own personal portal that she rarely ever uses, but it's always

open."

   "Really? Well that's good then!"

   "Ok! So that's the plan?" Xiumin asks..

   "Well... Go through the bunny hole, find the witch, get the job done and use her portal..."

   "It sounds so simple when you say it." Chen chuckles.

   "Well I'm just trying to keep it simple." You smile. "But first we need to get out of here so we can actually get to the bunny hole."

   "Already on it!" Xiumin grabs the bars of the cell and a cold gust of wind rushes through and a thick coat of ice covers the bars. Kris kicks them and they easily break.

   "Great! Hurry, let's go!" You look around for Tao. "Tao!"

   "Ah! Let's go!" He quickly follows you as you run out of the dungeon and out into the garden. You make it safely out without anyone noticing and continue to run with Xiumin in the lead to take you to the rabbit hole.

   "Stop them! Don't let them escape!" You hear Sungam yell as the guards chase after you.

   "Dang this guy.... Guys hurry!" You pick up your speed sprinting to the spot and seeing the hole. "Hurry, hurry!" Everyone runs as fast as they can and hurry down. You slide down and begin the whole crazy rolling down the hill. You slowly get up. "Everyone alright?"

   "Ergh! I think so..." Luhan groans before Tao, the last one to go down, falls on top of him. "Oof!"

   "Ah! Careful!" You help Tao off Luhan and look around.

   "Up there!" Kris points at a tall mountain in the distance, surrounded by dark clouds. "That's where she

lives."

   "Oh, creepy... Well we better hurry and get going." Kris transforms into a dragon and swishes his tail impatiently telling everyone to get on. "Ah right!" You run up and quickly get on top of him. Kris starts flying towards the mountaintop but the closer you get, the more difficult it seems for Kris to fly. The clouds get darker making it hard to see and the wind speed increases. "Ah..." You notice Kris getting tired.

   "Maybe we should travel by ground to get there, we already made it this far and we're on the mountain."

   "Ok! But be careful. The mountain is just as dangerous as the sky." Kris flies lower to reach the ground and hits it pretty hard after a particularly strong gust of wind.

   "Oof! Kris you alright?!"

   He reverts back to his human form. "Ergh... I just need a breather." He stands up and shakes himself off. You nod.

   "Alright, it's a long trek up, we better get moving." Luhan grabs a rock and starts climbing.

   "Okay," You grab a hold of a rock and check to make sure it's sturdy and start to climb.

   "Almost there! How are you doing Iseul?" Xiumin calls to you from up above.

   You pant,  "Fine! Perfectly fine!" And continue to climb upward Slowly beginning to loose strength in your arms.

   "Ah! Come on! Iseul you can do it!" Jing pushes you from behind.

   "Thanks Jing!" You continue to climb and look up but see a thick fog up ahead.

   "I'll fly ahead to scout the area!" Jing sprouts her wings, flies up and disappears into the fog. You continue to climb reaching the fog. "It's ok guys! Come on up!" You hear her call.

   "Alright!" You continue to climb up.

   "Wow~! You're never going to believe this!" Jing yells.

   "Hm? What is it?!" Everyone reaches the top to find a dark cave and inside they hear music. "Hm? Music?"

   "Let's follow it and see where it's coming from!" Lay runs forward.

   "Ah okay! Wait up!" You run after him. The music gets louder and the cave starts to glow illuminated by lights on the cave ceiling. "Whoa~" You look at the ceiling of the cave. "This so beautiful!" You gasp, mesmerized.

   Jing flies over to you and tugs on your sleeve. "Isn't this amazing!?"

   "It is!!"

   "But that's not the best part!" She flies away.

   "Hm? What could be better than this?" You run after her.

   "The dark witch isn't evil or scary! She's my grandma!" She flies over to an elderly woman who slowly

stands and bows to you.

   "Ah!" You bow back in surprise.  "Did you know the 'witch' was your grandma?" You look at her confused.

   "I had no idea! I haven't seen her in so long! I thought that mom and dad had sent you to the magical forest when I was just a child, that's why I came to the Eastern Kingdom!" Jing explains.

   You listen to her talking to her grandma in happiness.

   "I remember that Magnus boy..." Her grandmother spoke slowly but clearly. "He asked me for powers that I could give to him and in return he promised the safety of my granddaughter. But if I had known what he was going to do with those powers... I never would have given them to him..." You nod understanding.

   "I guess the legend is a little different from what I remember." Kris says.

   "But is there a way to take back his powers?"

   "I suppose there is, but you have to defeat him in battle first or get him to give up his powers willingly."

   "Willingly?! Or defeat him... Is defeating him even possible? Kris you said he was very powerful..."

   "He is, but no one is invincible... Except me of course." He jokes trying to lighten the mood.

   You give a small smile, "But... How can we possibly defeat him? Or maybe do you think through some deal he might be willing to give up his powers?"

   "He's overconfident, that's one of his weaknesses, and he's all alone, he doesn't have an army of rogues backing him up while we have each other!" Chen points out.

   "That's true! We could defeat him then!"

   "Let's drag him into this world so we don't have to worry about innocent people getting hurt." Luhan states.

   "But how are we gonna get him into this world?"

   "Use what he wants as bait." Kris looks at Jing.

   "M-me!?" Jing points at herself.

   "Ah! That's true! He did seem to want you!"

   "Ah... Ok! If it'll help defeat him, I'll do anything!" She nods.

   "Great! So that's how we'll lure him here Is it all gonna be a surprise attack once he gets here then?"

   "That's a good idea, ambush him all at once, overwhelm him, then tire him out." Luhan smirks.

   "Hmm perfect!"

   "But be warned, should you fail, Magnus will not show mercy and neither should you." Jing's grandmother tells you.

   "Ah, no mercy... Got it!"

   "I don't think mercy is in her vocabulary." Chen laughs.

   "Oh please Chen!" You roll your eyes chuckling.

   "We have to be careful! Remember!  He's dangerous! Let's move!" Kris shouts.

   "Okay!" You bow one more time to Jing's grandma, "Thank you!"

   "Good luck!" She cheers.

   You run back out of the cave. "Where is the portal?!"

   "Oh yeah! Over here guys!" Jing flies under the glow worms and over to a small pond inside the cave.

   "Ah okay! Well good luck, Jing!"

   "Let's send a couple people with her for back up! I'll go!" Kris calls. "Iseul and Tao! With me!" Kris points at you two. "The rest of you will wait by the rabbit hole portal! That's where we'll lead Sungam or Magnus or whatever his name is!"

   "Okay! Let's get going! See you guys in a bit!" Jing jumps through the portal first making a small splash, then Kris, who makes a huge splash. "Ugh... Well, let's hurry!" You jump in after. Tao dives in and the portal sends you through to the human world where you continue swimming and find yourselves in the backyard pool.

   "Rich people have square ponds!?" Jing exclaims.

   "Ah, well it isn't exactly a pond but sure think of it that way."

   "Let's move!" Kris swims over to the edge of the pool and climbs out.

   You swim and climb out of the pool. "Well, seeing that there's a time lapse, Magnus might still be near the garden." In the garden there are lots of people, chatting idly and drinking champagne and eating fancy foods. Sungam is seen yelling at the guards about how upset he is that they let the prisoners escape. "Ah there he is!!"

   "Ooh! Is that cake!?" Jing's eyes sparkle as she eyes the wedding cake, it's tall and covered in icing and edible flowers.

   "Jing! Don't get distracted!"

   "B-but it looks so good!" Both she and Tao are looking very distracted right now.

   "You idiots! Pay attention!!" You grab Tao by the ear.

   "Ah! Ow!" He yells.

   "Cake later!!"

   Sungam moves closer to your guys' hiding spot and Kris pulls you back, before you're seen.

   "Ah!" You huddle closer to the wall hoping not to be seen. He looks at the grass a bit before turning around and going back.

   "That was close." Kris breathes.

   "Yeah... But how are we gonna get his attention, how is Jing going to?"

   "Er..." Jing just looks at everyone confused until Tao pushes her out and Sungam sees her.

   "There she is! Get her!" Sungam yells and runs after her.

   "Eep!" She squeals and runs towards the forest.

   "Well that wasn't hard let's go!" You run behind the guards. "Quietly take them down!" You whisper. Tao kicks at their legs causing them to fall and Kris punches a couple of them in the gut. Soon you're able to take the guards out without Magnus noticing a thing. Once out of sight of the other humans, Jing sprouts her wings and begins flying and dives into the rabbit hole with Sungam not far behind. He dives right in without hesitation. "Let's get in there too!"

   "We've got him now!" Kris yells. Each of you jump one after the other and soon land on the ground.

   Sungam has a strong grip around Jing's throat when you get there. He eyes you curiously when he

realizes that he's surrounded by the others. "Let her go!!" You scream.

   "Make me!" He glares at you.

   "Don't need to tell me twice!" You look at the others. "Shoot at him!"

   He dodges all of their attacks while still keeping tight hold on Jing. "Do you have any idea how rare fairies are?" He asks. "Their wings alone could sell for thousands of dollars!"

   "Are you crazy?!!"

   Kris manages to kick him from behind and take Jing from him. "No one here is losing their wings! Not ever again!" He shouts.

   "Guys, now full blast at once!" Chen and Xiuimn bring their ice and lightening together and at once aim at him and let it all go hitting him. He gets pushed back but once the smoke clears, you see that there's not a scratch on him. He smirks.

   "W-what!?"

   "You think it's going to be that easy?" He laughs. "I hunt dragons for a living! You're going to have to try

harder than that!"

   You look around trying to think of something.

 

(Author's note: *warning! This chapter contains self-harm. Not a lot but just a little bit, it's relevant to the plot.)

   "Stay focused! If we keep attacking, we'll wear him down!" Kris orders.

   "Right!"

   Xiumin and Chen continue to attack him, hitting each time but he doesn't get affected at all by the attacks. Tao gets in closer using his sword to slash at him, hitting him a few times, but his wounds heal up

immediately.

   "Tsk!" Chen curses but they continue to hit and still no use. Kris and Lay both transform in a flash of light and charge at him. Kris breathing fire, surrounding Sungam in a circle of flames. Sungam just chuckles darkly and looks at all of us like this is some sort of game. Lay as a unicorn runs towards him and Sungam puts his arm up for defense, Lay's horn stabs his arm and he screams in pain. It slowly heals but he looks at it in horror as he sees his arm turn black.

   "Huh?" You notice his expression, probably not a good thing whatever is happening to him. "Lay! That's it! Use your horn to stab him!" But before he can attack again Sungam grabs him by the horn and throws him across the field. He reverts back to his human form before he hits the ground. "Lay!" You growl and turn into a tiger and charge at him. He sees you coming and picks up a large rock and throws it at you.

   "Tsk!" You try to dodge it but it still hits your leg, you scream in pain and push the rock away.

   "Iseul! Are you alright?" Xiumin runs to you and gently touches your leg.

   You groan, "...I'll be fine."

   Kris flies in lower and uses his claws to slash Sungam across the torso. His chest bleeds through his shirt leaving a dark red stain, but beneath the torn cloth, his skin heals leaving behind a black residue. "Wh-what's happening to me!?" Sungam screams in pain.

   You stare at the black residue then up at him. "Is he...?" You look at Xiumin confused.

   "He's being overtaken by the darkness of his powers, soon he'll be nothing but a shadow." Xiumin mumbles.

   "A shadow?! Then... Will he become immortal? Or..."

   "I don't know, but I wouldn't wish the life of a shadow on anyone, even him. They're dark, lonely creatures, constantly in pain."

   "Then... Is there a way to help him?!"

   "Help him!? He's trying to kill us!" Chen yells before throwing a few lightning bolts at Sungam who only dodges them. "Stand still! You-!"

   "But... Being a shadow... No one should deserve that, right?"

   "Let's try and keep ourselves alive before we worry about him." Luhan lifts a tree out of the ground without touching it and throws it at Sungam who catches it and throws it back. "Duck!" Luhan drops to the ground. The tree crashes far behind you with a loud THUD. Sungam suddenly let's out a horrid, wretched scream. Half his face is black and distorted. He drops to his knees and clutches his chest, groaning.

   "W-what should we do?!"

   Jing flies closer and hesitantly touches him on the shoulder. He looks at her and shudders. "He-help m-me... Please..."

   "Wait! If his powers are gone will he be alright?!"

   "Sungam... You'll be alright, but... You have to give up your powers! Can you do that?" Luhan slowly approaches.

   He breathes heavily then looks at Luhan. "I can't entirely... Give them... Up!" He gasps out.

   "Wh-what do you mean?" Chen asks.

   "I-I'm stuck... With these... Powers... Unless... They are...transferred...to someone else..."

   "Transferred?" Kris looks at him curiously. "How do we do that?"

   "Both... Of us... The taker... And I... Have to be focused on... The transfer... And... Have direct... Contact."

   "What will happen to the people involved?" Luhan asks.

   "Be warned the one who... Gets the power... If unable to handle it's immensity... Will fall into eternal sleep..."

   Everyone freezes and looks around questionably. Worry on all of their faces.

   "...I'll do it." You step forward.

   "Iseul!?" Lay stops you. "What if you... You can't!"

   "If I can't... He'll become a shadow! And... It'll be fine..." You give him a reassuring smile.

   Everyone looks at you with fear in their eyes, but Kris nods. "I think she can handle it." He says.

   "Kris!" Lay looks at him.

   "Lay... I'll be alright!" He sighs and nods.

   You smile and walk up to Sungam. Then take his blackened hands in yours, and look at him. "Ready?"

   He nods and breathes, his body glowing as the blackness slowly fades. Suddenly you feel a tingling sensation running through your body. You look at Sungam now looking like his normal human self and let go taking a slow step back. You turn to the others. "See? Everyth-!!!" You stumble forward.

   "Iseul!?" Everyone screams.

   You feel a sudden surge of pain and light headed. Lay catches you before you fall. "Iseul! Iseul! Can you hear me!? Don't fall asleep!" You feel your eyelids grow heavy but still able to see Lay. "Lay..." You smile at him. "Is there any way we can save her!?" Lay yells at Sungam. You feel yourself drifting off and lose strength to keep your eyes open.... Slowly you feel them close. "Iseul!?" Lay holds you close.

   Kris grabs Sungam by the collar and lifts him off the ground. "How do we help her!?" He growls.

   "I-I don't know!! I only knew up until the transfer process!! It's her own fault! She couldn't handle it!" Sungam tries to push Kris away but now as a human it's no use.

   Suddenly a dark cloud of smoke surrounds the group and a dark figure approaches. Everyone holds their breath, terrified of who it might be. "Grandma!" Jing flies over to her.

   "So... She wasn't able to handle the power..." Jing's grandmother hangs her head, looking sad.

   "What can we do to help her?" Jing cries.

   "There's one way..."

   "What is it?" Kris asks.

   "A kiss... A healing kiss from her soulmate..."

   "Wh-what?" Everyone looks at her wide-eyed.

   "The lake story you all know correct?"

   "The hidden lake! Lay! You and Iseul both looked into it and saw each other so it must be you!" Xiumin exclaims.

   "Oh?" She raises an eyebrow and looks at Lay.

   "M-me!?" He looks at everyone surprised.

   "Do you believe it is you?"

   "I... Find it very hard to believe... But if what you say is true... Then I can save her, right?"  She nods not saying anything more.

   Lay leans down and picks you up, his hand under your head, he gently raises it and leans closer until... Everyone stares as Lay presses his lips to yours and pulls back. "Iseul...?" He whispers. "Please wake up..." Everything's silent until suddenly.

   "Urg..."

   "Iseul!!" Everyone gets closer to see you.

   "Too loud..." You mumble.

   "Oh! Sorry..." They back up.

   Then it dawns on you and you open your eyes wide, looking around. "Wait a second... Lay?! Guys?!" You look around. "Why is this place looking the same?! I thought I was to sleep for eternity! Wait, did the mathematicians figure out what eternity is?! Is that why I'm awake?!" You continue to blabber in your confused state.

   "Ah! Iseul! Iseul! Calm down!" Lay tries to get you to relax. "I... Jing's grandmother here... Told us that the only way to save you, was..." He blushes and looks away.

   "Lay?" You look at him confused. "Was what?"

   "A healing kiss." He states.

   "Oh, a kiss, oh that's cool... Wait! Then did..." You look at Lay wide eyed. He slowly nods, blushing again.

   "Aw! You guys are so cute!" Chen teases.

   "Ugh! Can we pack this up and call it a day?" Luhan groans.

   You blush and look away. "Um..." You slowly get up.

   "Wait! Iseul! Sungam just transferred his powers to you! Do you know what this means!?" Jing flies over to you, buzzing with excitement.

   "Huh? No...I don't..."

   "This means that now you're the most powerful being in the kingdom!" She declares.

   Your jaw drops. "Me?! What?!"

   "You have a lot of power now, I suggest you use it wisely." Jing's grandmother says and disappears in her cloud of smoke.

   "Well..." You look around. "Wanna get something to eat? Let's celebrate!"

   "First things first! We put this criminal behind bars! Your reign of terror is over! Magnus!" Chen grabs Sungam and he looks around confused.

   "Magnus? I'm not Magnus."

   "What the? Magnus stop joking around."

   "I'm not! Magnus is my father! To tell you the truth... I've never actually hunted any unicorns or dragons..."  He looks down at the ground.

   "What? Then how did you have all those powers?"

   "He probably inherited them from his father... Sungam, when was the last time you saw your father?" Kris asks.

   "Ten years ago, when I was just a little kid... He never came back from one of his expeditions." Sungam looks down sadly.

   "Oh... So he's..."

   "That's around the time the last time we saw him too, when the castle burned down. He must really have..." Kris and Luhan look at Sungam now with pity in their eyes.

   "I'm sorry..."

   "Don't tell me we're actually feeling sorry for this guy!?" Chen yells. "He tried to kill us!"

   "Haa... That's true... Well, then why did you do all of this then? You said it was because you hunt us, but that's not true now..." You frown.

   "Yeah... I guess I just wanted to impress my folks. The people that my dad worked with and maybe... If I impressed my mom, maybe she'd spend more time with me..." He says sadly.

   "Aw! He's so cute! Can we keep him!?" Jing asks. You raise your eyebrow at Jing.

   "He's not an animal and besides... His father is a criminal... How do we know that he won't follow in daddy's footsteps?" Kris glares at him.

   "Well... I don't really think he can... He's powerless now."

   "Yeah! He doesn't have his powers anymore! He's just a regular human now! He's like a declawed kitten!" Jing says.

   "Jing? Why?" You sigh.

   "I guess... He can stay at the castle... But under strict supervision. Luhan will be keeping an eye on him day and night." Kris says.

   "Really?! Oh, I can't thank you enough! I'm truly grateful!" Sungam bows repeatedly.

   "Ah! Don't forget! Strict supervision!" Kris warns. "Any slip ups or misdemeanors and we're sending you to the dungeons!"

   "Ah, yes! I understand!" He bows again.

   "For now you'll be working as a temporary servant, Iseul and Jing will show you the ropes." Luhan states.

   "Alright." He nods.

   "Can we go to bed now...?" Tao runs a hand through his hair. "I'm exhausted."

   "Alright then, let's get going!" Xiumin smiles as he puts an arm around Tao. Everyone heads to the castle to get a good nights sleep.

   "Good night!"

The next morning~

   You get up stretching and get ready and walk to Sungam's room to check if he's up. You knock on his door. "Go away... It's too early to be up..." He groans.

   You roll your eyes and walk in. "Yah! Get up!" You pull the sheets away from him.

   "Ergh..." He looks at you through tired eyes. "Does everyone get up this early?"

   "Well, majority yes, now hurry up and get ready."

   "For what?" He asks.

   "Did you already forget? You're a servant here."

   "Ugh! I'm a prince! How did I get downgraded to a servant boy?"

   "Oh shut up, be happy you're not in the dungeon."

   "You're in the same situation, how did this happen to you? One day you're a princess, you've got it all, next day you're a maid to a king, whose a dragon!"

   "Well, I prefer my life now, it's much better than being a boring princess."

   "Seriously? You like being bossed around and told to do stuff? Huh? Maybe you would've made a good wife afterall."

   "Pshh, no way, if I was really your wife I'd make you do all the work." You smirk.

   "I see... Don't let all that power go to your head, you saw what that did to me..."

   "Ah... I wasn't being serious..." You fidget with your fingers as you feel the atmosphere get awkward around you two. "Um... Get changed, I'll be waiting outside."

   He sighs before he gets off the bed and begins changing. You wait until he opens the door dressed. "Let's go." You begin to walk through the halls pointing to the places so he knows what each room is.

   "Ok, ok, but where does all the action take place? Huh? Where are the other cute maids? Or is this place as boring as the king?"

   "Cute maids? It's just me and Jing, we don't have many workers here."

   "Well, you're both pretty cute, but Jing is much more docile than you are, maybe she'd spend some time with me..."

   "Don't even think about it."

   "What? She does think I'm cute."

   "That doesn't mean anything, don't get ahead of yourself."

   "Alright, alright... Where are we heading now? What's the first job?"

   "We're heading to the kitchen first to see if you can help there."

   "I don't really cook."

   "Well you can clean can't you? You can maybe then clean the dining table there." You reach the dining room.

   "Ew... Cleaning...?" He makes a disgusted looking face.

   "Oh, stop being such a whiney brat." You hand him the cleaning supplies.

   "Morning Iseul!" Xiumin greets you. "How's the newbie?"

   "Being a brat, but other than that he's cleaning the dining table."

   "Morning! Just delivered Kris's breakfast!" Jing jumps up and down and bounces over to you.

   "What are you so happy about first thing in the morning?"

   "Ah, nothing!" She blushes. "Hey, is that Sungam cleaning the table?"

   "Yeah he is... Why?"

   "Er... Is he... You know...? Behaving?"

   "Haa well... Sorta just complaining but that's all."

   "Iseul!" Luhan walks into the kitchen. "I have some important news!"

   "Huh? What is it?"

   "You're no longer the maid, I'm transferring you to the combat and defense team with Chen and Tao, since now you have such strong powers that will really come in handy during battle. The main thing is that you learn to control them."

   "Oh really? Ah alright... Are Tao and Chen in the practice room?"

   "Yeah, you should go meet with them and train. See what you can do."

   "Hey..." Sungam raises his hand. "Maybe I should go with her... Afterall I did have the powers for quite a few years, I know how to use them, maybe I should show her how."

   "Ah! That would be helpful!"

   "Fine... If you feel that it's necessary..." Luhan looks unsure, but decides that it's alright.

   "Alright Sungam let's go!" Sungam stops cleaning and runs over to follow you. You walk to the practice room in silence for a bit. "Controlling these powers... Is it hard?"

   "Hm... Not so much, I guess it really depends on how much you're trying to control at one point... I mean obviously if you were playing with fire a matchstick would be much easier to control than a forest fire."

   "Hmm, yeah, I see what you're saying." You reach the practice room. "Hey guys!"

   "Eek! Don't come in! We're !" Chen screams in his shrillest voice possible and covers himself up, even though he's fully clothed.

   "Huh?! Ah whoops sorry..."

   "Haha! Just kidding!" Chen chuckles and Tao hits him on the head with his bo staff.

   "Haa." You walk inside and Sungam walks behind you.

   "This is seriously your combat division?" Sungam looks at Tao and Chen. "Doesn't look like much..."

   "Well we have other soldiers as well, but trust me these two are quite powerful."

   "Yeah! You heard her! We're powerful! Like... Like... Give me some examples Tao!" Chen looks to the time controller for help.

   "I'm not playing this game with you!" Tao responds.

   "Okay! Trust me, they are but anyway... I'm here to train with you guys and Sungam is gonna help out."

   "Sounds good to me! I've got some energy I need to let loose and I'm tired of training with Tao anyway!" Chen smiles.

   "That's because I always beat you." Tao smirks.

   "Haha alright so, I turn to Sungam... What powers do you exactly have? Like i know you said you can see others spirit animals..."

   "Hm... Try lifting something heavy, super strength is one of them." Sungam finds a bench to sit on and watch.

   "Hm... Okay..." You grab another bench nearby and pick it up using just one hand. "It doesn't even feel heavy!"

   "Ha! That's so cool!" Chen exclaims. "Now try beating Tao at arm wrestling!"

   "Alright! Let's do this Tao!" You place the bench down and rest your elbow on it. He looks confident as he walks over and places his hand in front of yours. "Ready?"

   "Always." Tao smirks and grabs your hand, his grip is tight.

   "Hm, alright! Let's do this!" Your grip tightens and you begin pushing his arm. "Hm! You're quite strong Tao! But... Not strong enough!" You push his hand down.

   "Ah!" He falls and the bench breaks. "Whoa..." Everyone stares in awe.

   You stare in shock. "Well..."

   "Go a little easier next time." Tao says while rubbing his wrist.

   "Sorry! What's next?!" You ask excited.

   "Hm... Do you wanna see how fast you heal? Just make a small incision anywhere and think about the wound healing itself." Sungam hands you a small pocket knife.

   You take it hesitantly, "I don't wanna cut myself... But..." Slowly you press it against your skin and pull it across. You think about the wound on your arm healing and... It starts slowly at first then quickly disappears. "Wow~!"

   "Impressive isn't it? I've never had an injury that lasted more than a day!" Sungam said proudly.

   "Well, now that you're human, you better be careful, if you get hurt it may take weeks to heal." Chen smiles a bit too happily.

   You punch Chen lightly and give him a look.

   "What?" He looks at you innocently.

   "Hmph! Be nice."

   "Alright..." Sungam looks away, a little pale looking. "Why don't you continue to work on controlling your strength? I'm just gonna... Go out for a bit." He stands up and walks outside. You watch as he walks out closing the door behind him.

   "Yah! Don't be so mean to the poor guy!"

   "Well, he did try to kill us! Besides I was just joking!" Chen pouts.

   "Haa... He has his own hard times too... Well let's let him be for now..."

   "Yeah... Now come on! Try to pin me!" Chen makes a pose like a boxer.

   "Ha! Alright I will!" You run towards him and grab him around his neck and bring you both down.

   "Gah! I give! I give!" He taps the mat.

   "Hm!" You grin getting off him and helping him up.

   "Aish! You're a cruel woman!" He rubs his sore neck.

   "Haha sorry!" You, Tao and Chen continue training for a couple hours until it's time for lunch. "Phew! I'm starving!" You stretch your arms and realize Sungam still hasn't come back.

   "Wah! Lay-hyung! Iseul broke my arm!" Chen runs up to the healer fake-crying and holding his arm.

   "Huh? Your arm is fine..." Lay's hand glows slightly over Chen's arm.

   "Oh stop it Chen I did no such thing!"

   "She did! She did! Iseul's a big bully!" Chen points at you like a little kid and Lay just sighs and smiles at you.

   "Chen I will really break your arm if you don't stop." You threaten. He laughs and hides behind Lay. "Haa honestly... Let's go eat."

   "Where is Sungam?" Kris asks you when you sit down at the table.

   "Um... He said he was going out for a bit..."

   "I think he's out by the garden, why don't you bring his lunch to him?" Luhan suggests.

   "Oh, alright." You take a plate with food, and go to the garden. Standing by the garden is Sungam, just looking at the clouds in the distance. As you get closer, you notice the pocket knife in his hand and cuts all over his arms. "Sungam!! What did you do?!!" You take his arm and stare at him.

   He looks at you with tears in his eyes. "They're not healing, Iseul! I've been standing here for hours with these on my arm and they're still there! Chen was right! I'm just a human now!"

   "Aish! Sungam! Haa... C'mon Lay will heal them for you..."

   He wipes the tears away. "Lay? You mean the unicorn?"

   "Yeah the unicorn... Don't cry okay?"

   "I-I am not crying!!"

   "Pft alright whatever you say, c'mon." You take him back near the dinning room. "Lay! Can you come here for a sec?"

   "Hm?" The healer hears you and stands up from the table. He runs over to you and sees Sungam. "Ah, What is it?" You show him Sungam's arm. "Oh my! How did-?"

   You shake your head, "Chen said something that hurt Sungam." You whisper to Lay. "Chen said he was human, and I guess Sungam really didn't want to accept it."

   "I am not some preteen girl dealing with a bully who uses insults instead of fists. I was once an invincible man of destru-!! Ow! That hurts!!" Sungam yells when Lay grabs his arm and starts running his hand over the wounds.

   Lay soon finishes healing Sungam's wounds. "Thanks Lay."

   Sungam covers his arms with his sleeves and looks away, he seems mad about something.

   "Sungam? Hey... What's wrong?"

   "Forget about it..." He turns and walks away.

   "Huh? Yah! Haa... What's with him?"

   "Ready to get back to training?" Chen jumps up in front of you.

   "Hm? Sure..." Then you wack him behind the head.

   "Ow! Yah! What was that for!?"

   "Next time apologize to Sungman when you see him." You say and walk to the practice room.

   "Apologize!? For telling the truth!?"

   "Haa, you could've been nicer about it! That guy just lost what was part of him, he's not used to being exactly human!"

   "W-well, he could be nicer to us! After all we're letting him live here and not sending him to the dungeons where he belongs! Why are you standing up for him anyway!?"

   "Hm?! Ah well..." You shrug and turn around and begin punching a punching bag.

   "You're doing it wrong." Tao says from behind you.

   "I am? Then how do I do it?"

   Tao pulls your arm up and holds you from behind as he shows you how to properly hit it, using the right muscles. "This way, you don't pull the muscle as much and risk injury." Tao explains.

   "Ohh, I see." You try it again by yourself. "Like this?"

   "Hm... It's better." He nods.

   "Okay!" You continue to practice punching. A few minutes later the door slides open and Sungam walks in and sits on the bench. "Oh hi, Sungam!" You smile and continue to train. He nods in your direction and pulls out his phone and proceeds to look at it. You continue to practice... Soon practice comes to an end and you're lying on the floor, tired.

   Chen walks up to Sungam and looks at the phone in his hands. "What's that?" He asks.

   "A cellphone." Sungam responds.

   "I ask again, what is that?" Chen looks confused.

   "You make calls on it or text message." Sungam begins to look annoyed.

   "Iseul, this isn't working!" Chen yells at you.

   "What?" You roll your head lazily in their direction. "Oh, you get reception here?" You ask Sungam.

   "Not really, but I'm taking notes." He says.

   "Hm? Notes?"

   "Nothing important." He puts his phone away and stands up.

   "Okay..." He bumps shoulders with Chen as he walks out. "Huh? Well that was kinda weird..."

   "I could have told you that! That kid is a basket case, I tell you!" Chen shouts.

   "Y-yah, sorry, sorry!"

   "I don't even know why we agreed to have him here... He just seems like a major downer..." Chen pouts.

   "Well that guy needs a place to stay, and well... Whatever, let's go do something I'm bored."

   "Um... Everyone to the front gates... We, um... Have a situation...?" Luhan tells everyone through a mental connection.

   "Situation? What now? Let's go!" Everyone runs to the front gates and you notice Sungam quietly stand near you. "What's wrong Luhan?"

   "Hm? Nothing's wrong... We just um... Have some very special guests and I need you on your best behavior." Luhan explains.

   "Oh guests? Alright..."

   In front of the gates, a fancy looking caravan pulls up and a couple slowly steps out and into the castle. "Hm? Who are they?" You wonder.

   "Hello~! Everyone~!" The female of the couple sings as she enters.

   "Mom!? Dad!?" Kris stares at them with wide eyes.

   "Oh it's Kris's parents!?" You try to keep yourself calm.

   "Wh-what are you two doing here!?" He asks.

   "We're here for the wedding!" His mom exclaims.

   "Oh! Who's getting married?" Sungam whispers to you.

   "I-I don't know! I haven't heard there would be a wedding!" You whisper back.

   "You sent us this invitation awhile back, I hope we're not late! Your father had trouble asking for directions." His mother continues to babble on while Kris looks at the invitation and facepalms.

   "He sent wedding invitations?! Dragon nips scary stuff man."

   "Luhan... Do something..." Kris growls under his breath.

   "Wh-why don't we all sit down for some dinner!" Luhan announces. Kris looks at Luhan not exactly happy with his idea but he walks taking his parents to the dinning room. While at the table everyone sits and eats and chats idly. Kris keeps whispering to Luhan, slightly looking a little freaked out.

   "Why is he that freaked out over the fact that his parents are here?" You wonder to yourself.

   "We have to do something... Get them out of here or..." Kris keeps telling Luhan.

   "Calm down, they're not going to do anything crazy, why don't we have a wedding? It'll be fun." Luhan smiles. You're right next to Luhan and surprised to hear that you'll actually hold a wedding.

   "We already had our wedding~!" Sungam smiles and puts an arm around you.

   "Oh really? You two make an adorable couple!" Kris's mother smiles at you.

   "Ah!! T-thank you..." You say to Kris's mother and turn to glare at Sungam. He just smirks and looks away.

   "So! Who's the lucky girl?" Kris's father asks.

   You look over to see what Kris will say and smile hopefully, "It's most likely be Jing!" You squeal inside excitedly.

   "Ah! Here she is now!" Luhan gestures to Jing as she walks in with a tray of food.

   "Eh!?" She squeaks and almost drops the tray. You nod excitedly.

   Kris looks at Luhan surprised. "What are you doing!?" He whispers.

   "It was Iseul's idea!" Luhan points at you.

   "W-what?!" You whisper back. "Haa fine... It was, but go with it!"

   "I didn't plan on getting married today!" Kris whispers angrily.

   "Well, how are you going explain to your parents about the wedding card?!" You whisper back.

   "Ah! The date on the wedding card seems to be wrong." Luhan manages to fake a laugh. "The wedding is actually next week!" He whispers to you and Kris. "That'll give us time to prepare!"

   "Oh! I see! Wonderful!" Kris's mother smiles.

   "So where should we stay?" His father asks.

   "Well, why not here?" You smile, asking.

   "We don't have any rooms!" Kris states.

   "They can take my room!" Sungam pipes up.

   "That's so nice of you! Thank you!" They say.

   "Yah!" You tug on Sungam's shirt. "Then where are you supposed to sleep!?" You whisper to him.

   "I'll stay with my lovely wife, instead!" He gestures to you.

   Your eyes widen. "Y-yah..." You clear your throat calming, yourself down and replace your slight frown with a smile.

   Lay drops his fork and looks at you two. "Um... Iseul, Sungam, may I speak to you in private?" He gets up and moves to the hall. You get up and walk into the hall. "What do you think you're doing!?" He asks you two.

   "I don't know!! Ask him!!" You point to Sungam.

   "Just giving my best performance for the King's parents!" Sungam says sarcastically.

   "Yah! That doesn't mean going on telling them I'm your wife!! They didn't even need to know that! Now they think you and I will sleep together what the heck?!"

   "Well we are married, but I suppose that means nothing to you." He looks away acting hurt.

   "Yah, as if it means something to you!" You roll your eyes.

   "You two don't actually plan on sharing a room, do you?" Lay asks.

   "Um... Well..." You scratch your head, "If Kris's parents notice us not in the same room wouldn't it be suspicious?"

   "But you already share a room with Jing." Lay reminds you.

   "Then let her stay in your room if you're so worried about her." Sungam suggests.

   "Wait, what?!"

   "And I'll stay in a room with Jing!" Sungam smiles.

   "Oh no you won't!"

   "Hmph!" He pouts.

   "Well... What should we do?"

   "He can stay in my room." Chen walks into the hall.

   "Oh? Is that really okay with you, Chen?"

   "Yeah, I have some stuff to talk to him about anyway." Chen says.

   "Oh? Alright then I guess that's settle then..."

   "Ew... I don't wanna sleep in another guy's smelly old room!" Sungam complains.

   "Come on! It'll be fun!" Chen grabs him around the neck and drags him to his room.

   "Hmm? Alright then, I'm glad we got that settled shall we go back to the dinning room now?" You ask Lay.

   "Ah, alright..." He looks down as he returns to the table. You take your seat but notice Lay doesn't look happy.

   "I hope he's alright..."

   After the meal everyone heads to their bedrooms to turn in for the night, but Jing is sitting up in bed looking a little freaked out. "Um, Jing? What's wrong?"

   "I can't get married!" She almost screams. "And to Kris!! What am I going to do!?" She claws at her hair.

   "Whoa! Whoa! Chill, will you? It's not like a legit marriage, it's just for show, for Kris's parents... Like my wedding."

   "Yeah, and Sungam keeps bringing that up."

   You sigh frustrated. "I know! Why does he keep doing that?!" You huff annoyed, thinking about it.

   "I think it's because the marriage actually meant something to him." Jing says quietly.

   You look at her. "Meant something to him? How? Have you seen how he is with me, I don't think so."

   "I think he and Kris are alike somewhat, they're not very good at expressing themselves. I think Sungam might like you, but he just doesn't know how to act like it."

   You look at her like she's crazy. "I don't believe he likes me."

   "Well, maybe he does and maybe he doesn't..." She hums thoughtfully.

   "Whatever. I'm sleepy let's go to sleep good night~!"

   "Good night~!"

 

The next morning~

   "Um... Iseul? Could you go down to the infirmary? I think Lay needs your help." Luhan's voice echoes in your head.

   "Hm? Alright," You slowly get out of bed, get ready and walk over to the infirmary. "Lay?" In the infirmary, sitting on adjacent beds are Chen and Sungam looking battered and bruised. Chen has a black eye and Sungam has a bloody lip and his hair is standing up, as if he got electrocuted once or twice. "Gosh you two!! Did you two fight?! Why did you fight?!"

   "You two want to explain to Iseul how you got your injuries?" Lay asks.

   "No." Chen looks at Sungam very seriously.

   "Not really." Sungam replies, laying down on the bed.

   You look at them annoyed and look at Lay.

   "It's his fault!" They both yell and point at each other.

   "Ugh, what happened?"

   "This guy thinks that just because he used to be a prince, he owns the place!" Chen yells.

   "And this guy thinks that just because I'm a servant, I'll take orders from him! As if!" Sungam scoffs.

   "Haa Sungam you don't own the place and you're not a prince, and Chen don't boss him around!" You look sternly at both of them. "You two really can't get along can you?" You mutter shaking your head.

   Lay finishes healing them, then orders them to go eat breakfast. They mutter some things and walk out of the infirmary. "Think they'll ever work things out?" Lay asks you.

   "Haa I hope so, they're under the same roof they really should."

   "We should get something to eat. Come on." He smiles at you and walks to the kitchen.

   "Hey~" You smile at the others and notice Chen and Sungam sitting on the opposites sides of the table.

   "Hey, Iseul, I know you're not the maid anymore, but would you mind taking these breakfast trays to Kris's parents? Jing is busy decorating the hall for the wedding." Xiumin asks you.

   "Oh of course! I will!"

   "I'll help." Sungam says and takes the tray for Kris's father while you grab the one for Kris's mother.

   "Alright let's get going then!" You reach Kris's parents' room and knock on the door. Behind the door you hear Kris and his parents talking. They seem to be having an argument. "Oh... Maybe not the right time..." You look at Sungam worried.

   "I don't know how I feel about you getting married to the help." Kris's mother said a bit disdainfully.

   "Huh, sounds like Kris's parents share my opinion about the help." Sungam glances at you.

   "Ugh now that wasn't something I was expecting..." You mutter.

   "Would you please stop calling my friends the help? Ok, yes, they work for me, but a lot of them have been my friends since before I was a king and they're still my friends now." Kris argued with her. You stay quiet listening to the argument behind the door.

   "You could do so much better though, we know a nice princess from the northern kingdom that would make an excellent queen." Kris's father mentions. You scowl, getting annoyed and impatient with their talk about dumb statuses.

   "What if I don't want to marry a princess, father?" Kris asks, sounding angrier by the minute.

   "Uh oh..."

   "What if I don't want to get married at all!?" You hear him stand up and walks towards the door.

   "Shoot! Sungam! We better hide!"

   Kris opens the door and sees you two. "Iseul? Sungam? What are you two doing here?"

   "Um... Oh hey Kris! We just got here with your parents breakfast!"

   "Oh," he sighs and just walks away.

   "Haa... Good morning! We have breakfast for you!"

   "Ah! Thank you darling~!" Kris's mother smiles at you. You give her a small smile and set the tray down in front of her.

   Sungam does the same. "So, how was your night together?" Kris's father asks.

   "N-night together!? Um... Fine..."

   "Oh, that's right! I forgot to ask, how did you two get married? You're such a cute couple!" Kris's mother coos at you like children.

   "Um... Well..." You look at Sungam for help, he seems pretty good at making up these kind of stories.

   "Ah, it was an arranged marriage made by our parents. My wife was pretty against it at first, but she

warmed up to me when she found out what a nice guy I am~!" Sungam smirks. You fight back the urge to roll your eyes and just nod at the mother.

   "Oh, that's such a cute story! Maybe we should do that~! Arrange a marriage with Kris and that nice princess from the northern kingdom~!" His mother tells the father. You hide your frown, "Didn't they hear Kris? Haa..."

   "I'll make the arrangements now and contact her." His father smiles and begins writing a letter.

   Your eyes widen, "What?!!" You wanted to shout but you realize you can't do that.

   "Well, we better get going! Other important duties to attend to!" Sungam smiles and grabs your shoulders, pushing you out the door.

   He closes the door behind him. "Shoot! We gotta tell Kris this!!"

   "This isn't our business, we're just the help, remember? Our job is to serve the royals and not get involved in their business."

   "But... You heard him too right? He doesn't even want the whole arranged marriage thing..."

   "Neither did you but you still went through with it." Sungam reminds you.

   "Ugh..." You look away frustrated.

   "Let's get back to training..." He walks down the hall.

   "Ah wait for me!" You walk after him and into the training room. But Luhan stops you in the hallway.

   "Hey, Iseul, do you wanna help with the wedding preparations?" Luhan asks. "Kris's parents want a very traditional wedding."

   "Oh a traditional wedding? Sure I could help out!"

   "Should I help too?" Sungam asks.

   "Hm... I suppose, make sure that all the tables and chairs are clean and dust the walls and picture frames." Luhan lists off the items that need cleaning and dusting. Sungam looks bored.

   "Hey, you asked, and that's what you're gonna do! c'mon let's get working!" In the dining hall, Jing is hanging a string of flowers from one corner of the wall to the other. "Oh wow! That looks amazing Jing!"

   "Oh! Thank you, Iseul!" Jing smiles and floats down. "I hope Kris's parents think so too!" Your smile slowly fades remembering what Kris's parents were talking about being against these guy's

marriage.

   "What do you think, Sungam?" Jing turns to him.

   "Hm? Oh it looks absolutely beautiful with those flowers!"

   "Yay!" She flies back up and continues decorating, looking even more excited.

   "Aww man~ That girl doesn't even know what's happening! I don't want her to get hurt..."

   Sungam continues wiping down the tables as the others move around the dining hall, preparing it for the wedding. You look at the decorations making sure it's traditional and everything is being placed right and in the perfect spot.

   "I think the flower wreath should go here and the archway should go here." Tao and Chen move the arch to where Luhan points. "Nevermind move it back!" He calls.

   "Make up your mind! This thing is heavy!" Chen complains.

   "No, I like it where it is right now!" You argue.

   "Who put you in charge of decorations?" Chen asks.

   "Well, I'm just putting out my opinion Luhan said he wanted my help so I'm just trying to help!"

   "Tsk!" Chen sighs and sets down the arch. Tao then brings in a glass statue of a pair of doves and Luhan uses his telekinesis to bring in the silverware. You grab a duster and begin dusting the walls and picture frames.

   "Wow! This place looks great!" Kris's mother exclaims as she walks in.

   "Really? That's good to hear!"

   "Oh! Kris dear! Your father and I have something we need to talk to you about!" His mother calls to him.

   Kris looks at them, "What?" He walks over to his parents and looks at them, still not looking happy with them.

   "We've decided to invite the princess from the northern kingdom!" His father tells him.

   "Oh? Invite her?! What for?"

   "So you can get to know her, and maybe change your choice of bride." His mother explains.

   Kris looks at them annoyed. "This again? I told you already this morning haven't I?"

   "Yes, we know. But we're just trying to do what we think is best." His father tells him.

   "Hmpf, you won't change my mind it's a waste of time!"

   "Just wait until you meet her! Come on! At least give her a chance!" His mother pleads.

   Kris let's out a frustrated sigh.  "Alright! But don't except anything special out if this thing you two are doing." His mother smiles happily and his father pats him on the back. Kris walks out with a scowl on his face.

   "Looks like things are getting interesting around here." Sungam smiles.

   "What are you smiling about?" You finish up dusting.

   "What was that about?" Jing asks, flying over.

   "I'm not exactly sure, I didn't hear their entire conversation but someone's coming, I think a princess they said."

   "Ooh! A princess! Do you think she's coming because she's a friend of Kris?"

   "Haa maybe, maybe not."

   The others soon finish up and Xiumin invites you into the kitchen to try the soup. "Oh~ what soup is it this time?!"

   "Just a simple recipe, here tell me what you think." He holds a spoon up to you.

   "Ah okay!" You take the spoon blowing on the hot soup and taste it. "Hmm! It actually tastes really good!"

   "Really? You don't think it needs anything? Salt, pepper, more onions?"

   You click your toungue, "hmm not really, I think adding more onions will make it taste just like onions and pepper might make it too spicy, hmm maybe a pinch of salt should be enough."

   "Ah! Ok! Thanks Iseul!" He smiles and adds a pinch of salt.

   You take another taste test. "Perfect!"

   "Yes!" He cheers and turns the stove off.

   "Alright well what else is there to do? I think everything's pretty much finished..."

   "Yep! Nothing much more to do, but wait for the guests to arrive."

   "Oh~! Right!"

   "We should call everyone for dinner now!"

   "Alright! I'll go call the them!" Everyone gathers in the dining room and begins eating. It's silent for a bit with little small talk here and there.

   "So, how's the wedding planning going?" Kris's father asks.

   "Ah! The decorations are all done! Everything is all set up, only thing is the guests need to arrive and that's all!"

   "That's great! I'm sure Crystal will be here soon too!" Kris's mother smiles.

   "Crystal? Oh! Is she the princess?"

   "Ah, yes, she'll be staying here for a few days while the wedding is being prepared. I invited her early since she's an old friend of Kris." His father explains.

   "Oh I see!"

   Suddenly there's a knock at the front gates. "Oh! That must be her now!" His mother gets up and walks to the door. The door slowly opens to a girl in a long fancy dress.

   "Whoa~!" All the boys stare at her. She's beautiful with long blonde hair and bright round eyes. Her whole presence seems to sparkle.

   "Wow she's gorgeous!"

   "Can she stay forever?" Chen's mouth is wide open.

   "Ugh Chen close your mouth will you? You'll start to drool, not attractive."

   "Oh!" He quickly closes his mouth and wipes it with his sleeve. Sungam kneels forward and kisses her on the hand.

   "Ugh such a playboy." You mumble to yourself.

   "Allow me to show you to your room." He smiles.

   Crystal smiles shyly at him showing off her pearly white teeth.

   "Let's all get ready for bed, shall we?" Luhan ushers everyone to their rooms.

   "Haa," You yawn, get on your bed and look over to Jing. "So you were right, she is Kris's friend."

   "Hm! And she's super pretty! I wonder how long they've been friends?" Jing looks at you curiously.

   "Hm, who knows? I didn't see them talk yet though, they could've been childhood friends or not."

   "Hopefully we'll get to talk to her tomorrow!" Jing yawns and drifts off.

   "Hm yeah..." You blow on the candle and go to sleep.

The next morning~

   "Morning Xiumin! Would you like me to take the breakfast trays again to Kris's parents?" Xiumin doesn't answer you as he looks distractedly out the kitchen window. "Xiumin? What are you looking at?" In the dining room, Crystal is eating breakfast and she's surrounded by the other boys, minus Kris. You scrunch up your nose, "Doesn't she find that annoying, be surrounded like that?"

   "Do you wanna watch us train later?" Chen asks her smiling.

   "You can watch me beat up Chen." Tao smirks.

   "Ugh!" You roll your eyes, "Is Kris still asleep?" No one answers you. "Huff, this is annoying, I'm gonna go now."

   "Ah, Iseul! Wait up!" Crystal calls over to you.

   "Huh? She knows my name?" You turn around and wait for her. She walks over to you, the other boys watching her leave with sad expressions. "Ah, hello Crystal-ssi! Is something the matter?"

   "Ah, I was just wondering, do you know where Kris is? I haven't seen him all morning."

   "Ah, I think he might be still asleep I was gonna go wake him up."

   "Oh! I'll join you!"

   "Oh, alright!" You walk to Kris's room and knock on the door.

   He groans as he gets up and walks to the door. "Jing already came by with breakfast, go away." He says through the door.

   "Crystal is here to see you."

   "Like I said, go away."

   "Oh, Kris, don't be like that! I want to see you!" She pouts.

   "Huh? He doesn't want to see her?"

   "Yah! Kris why are you being rude?"

   "I'm not!!" You hear his door click as he locks it.

   "Yah! Open up! Don't let her wait out here!" No response...

   "Oh, I guess I'll see him when it's time for the wedding." She looks down.

   "Hey, I'm sorry about that, he usually isn't like that..." You scratch your head confused.

   "Really? Because when we were kids he was always like that. Avoiding me whenever possible."

   "Ah, really? Oh... Don't worry about him! He'll come out at some point and I'll make sure you two will get a chance to talk!"

   "Oh, will you? Thank you so much!" She smiles.

   "You're welcome! Oh! You must be bored, would you like to come with me to the training room?"

   "Oh! Sure! I'd love to! Tao and Chen did invite me, so it should be ok, right?"

   "Of course! Hm? Do you not find it weird that the guys are all over you like that? If you're uncomfortable

about do say something!"

   "Hm? I'm not uncomfortable... That's just how guys are, don't they surround you whenever you're just

sitting?"

   You look at her. "Um... No not really..."

   "Really? It's been like this ever since I was a little girl, it must be nice."

   "Oh wow, well you are very beautiful! So I guess that's why you're used to it..."

   "Aw, you're beautiful too, and if the other guys can't see that, then it's their loss, right?"

   "You're too kind! Thank you! Ah here we are! This is our training room."

   "Oh! So cool!" She peeks inside.

   "Ah! Crystal, did you come by just to see me?" Chen laughs.

   "Clearly she came for me." Tao hits him with his bo staff.

   You roll your eyes, "come on in and ignore those two they're idiots." Crystal walks in and looks around at the equipments fascinated by it.

   "I don't think they're idiots, I think they're cute."

   "Did you hear that? She thinks I'm cute!" Chen smiles.

   "Well I'm cuter!" Tao whines.

   "Oh, whatever." You look at the two bickering about who's cuter. "Well I still think they are."

   Crystal accidentally trips over a piece of equipment and falls on the mat. "Ah! Ow!" She holds her ankle.

   "Oh no!" You kneel down next to her checking to see if she might've injured her ankle badly. "You might need Lay to heal your Injury."

   "I-I'm fine..." She tries to stand but stumbles and Chen and Tao rush to her side.

   "No you're not, c'mon let's get you to the infirmary."

   "O-ok." She leans on the boys as they lead her to Lay. They place her on the bed gently.

   "Ah, don't worry, my princess, I shall take care of you." Lay smiles as he gently takes her ankle and begins healing it.

   "He never called me that... What the heck?! Why should that matter?!" You think to yourself and shake your head quickly.

   "Ah, thank you, you're all so kind." She smiles back. Soon he finishes healing her and she gets down from the bed. She bows to him and he bows in return. "I should get hurt more often if it means I get to see someone as nice as him." She whispers to you.

   "What?!" You pout, not liking the idea she wants to see him. "Don't hurt yourself for such a reason..."

   "Oh! I'm so sorry! Are you two...?"

   "Wait, what? Oh no, no!"

   "Oh, that's a relief, I was worried I was stealing someone's boyfriend again..."

   "Again?"

   "Let's just say that it's happened unintentionally in the past... Some guys forget to tell me that they're

already dating and then their girlfriends try to kill me... It's a hassle."

   "Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that."

   "I suppose that's just the way that men are... It's difficult finding a decent man these days, isn't it?"

   "Hm? Well... Not all are bad, but yes it can be hard to find a the right man for you."

   "At least girls understand each other." She smiles at you.

   You smile, "That's true! Oh, have you been around the castle yet?"

   "Hm! Yes, that nice boy Sungam gave me a tour earlier!"

   "Oh Sungam already did... That's nice of him..."

   "Yeah, all the boys here have been very nice to me. I wonder, are you interested in any of them?"

   "Um... Well... I'm married to one of them, ahaha." You laugh feeling a little awkward.

   "Really!? Who!?"

   "Sungam..."

   "Oh my goodness! He's been especially nice to me! You're so lucky!"

   "Lucky? Pshh..." You chuckle.

   "Well, I won't talk to him anymore since he's you're husband, but it's great that you've found someone so nice!"

   "Ah, it not like you can't talk to him!" You chuckle. "But nice? Hmm... Ehh he's being nice to you."

   "He's not like that usually?"

   "Well... Not always..."

   "Hey, ladies~! Are you talking about me?" Sungam walks up to you.

   "Haa, speaking of the devil..."

   "Are you talking about how handsome I am? How strong and good looking I can be?"

   "Excuse me? Handsome? Strong? Where I don't see anything."

   "We're talking about how nice you are." Crystal smiles and laughs as if he's joking.

   You scoff, "Yeah, that's all."

   "Nice? Not brave or tough or gorgeous?" He flips his hair dramatically. You flick his forehead. "Ow! What was that for?" He rubs the small bruise now forming.

   "Be a little modest will you?"

   "Why be modest when I have nothing to be modest about? Everything about me is great!" You punch his arm lightly. "I don't see how he's nice." You look at Crystal. She's smiling and laughing, she thinks he's just joking and playing around. "Ugh, unbelievable..."

   "Shall I accompany you two to lunch?"

   You sigh, "Why not?" Everyone gathers at the lunch table but again, Kris is absent. "Hm? Why isn't Kris here?"

   "He's probably still in his room." Xiumin says absentmindedly as he stares at Crystal like all the other guys.

   "I'll bring his lunch to him." Jing says and picks up a tray.

   "Oh, no, dear. Let Crystal do that. She hasn't even seen Kris yet." Kris's mother takes the tray from her. Her mother hands the Tray to Crystal ushering her to go to Kris's room.

   "O-ok..." Jing sits back down.

   "Will he even open up the door? I hope so..." Crystal looks at the tray uncertainly and begins to walk out. Lunch is over soon and the guys return to fawning over Crystal when she comes back with Kris closely behind her.

   "Hm? I guess they worked things out then..."

   "Kris, do you wanna see the dress I picked out?" Jing flies over to him.

   "Hm... Maybe later. I'm talking to Crystal now." He waves her off and Jing looks down disappointed.

   "Haa... That wasn't nice.... Hey Jing? Show me what you picked!" You say trying to cheer her up.

   "Ah! Ok! It's this really pretty silk dress! It's in the closet in our room!" She flies down the hall.

   "Oh alright!" You follow her into your room. "Jing! The dress is so cute!"

   "You really think so? I was worried it'd be too childish looking."

   You shake your head. "It suits you perfectly!"

   "Yay! I'm so glad! I hope this wedding goes smoothly. I mean, even if it is an act." She sighs.

   "I hope so too!" You look at her, "You are okay with the fact it is fake right?" You ask making sure.

   "Of course! I mean! It's not like I really want to get married!" She laughs nervously.

   You notice the nervousness in her laugh. "Well... I'm just making sure... Since you know, you still like him..."

   "I-I don't!" She says defensively.

   "Haa, we're still there? Jing it's obvious you do."

   "Well... It's obvious he has no interest in me, so I might as well forget about it." She looks down.

   "Haa, well you never know... Maybe he might.... You said it yourself that Kris has a hard time expressing his feelings."

   "I doubt it..."

   "Haa..." You sigh. "Oh you really haven't had a chance to speak with Crystal today right?"

   "Hm? Only a little, why?"

   "Oh I don't know just thought you two should talk, that's all and get to know each other she's really nice."

   "Yeah, that would be great if we did get a chance to talk, but she's always with one of the guys, it seems difficult to approach her."

   "Oh don't worry about that! She really likes it when she's able to talk to a girl!"

   "Oh! I see... Ok!"

   "Hehe! Shall we get going?"

   "Yeah!"

   You both walk back out. Crystal is chatting with the boys when you two walk up.

   "Hey guys!" You plop down on a chair. They seem to ignore you as they continue talking.

   "Hey~! Um... Crystal! Do you...?" Jing tried talking over the boys, but they pushed her aside.

   "Yah! What's with you guys?" You huff out annoyed.

   "Oh! Hi, Jing, hi Iseul!" Crystal smiled as she noticed you. You wave a little. "Oh, Kris just finished telling me all about the mix up with the wedding and his parents! I think it's so funny!" She laughed.

   "Ooh did he? I see... Wait, what mix up?"

   "And the funniest part, he asked me to be his fake bride! Can you believe it?"

   Jing's face fell. "Ah, no... I can't..." You notice Jing's sad look. "Well, I hope you two have a beautiful wedding!" Jing fakes a smile.

   "Oh, with all the hard work you put into it, I know it will be!" Crystal looks around the room.

   "Haa... I can't believe he just asked her without talking to Jing at least about it..." You think to yourself.

   "We better get back to doing the finishing touches. Bye~!" Jing waves as she slowly flies away.

   You get up and walk out the room as well. "Jing?"

   "It's obvious he wants to marry her and not me, she's a princess! I can't compete with that!" Jing cries.

   "J-Jing! Don't cry!!"

   "I don't think he exactly wants to marry her Jing, I'm sure it's just for his parents sake that's all!"

   "But without telling me? I thought... Oh, well it doesn't even matter..." She leans against the wall and hugs her knees to her chest.

   "Haa Jing... I know it's horrible he didn't even tell you, I'm sure he has a reason for that..."

   "You two really haven't figured it out yet?" Sungam surprised the both of you by walking up from behind.

   "Sungam?! What... Figured out what?"

   "Why she has all the boys' attention and why Kris chose her as his bride?"

   "Um..."

   "It's because she's a siren, you know, a maiden that lures men to their death using her beauty and singing."

   "A siren?! That explains things a lot better now... No wonder she said Kris would always avoid her."

   "A siren has you under her spell as soon as you look into her eyes."

   "Shoot.... Well how do we get them out of her spell?"

   "They need to drink the water from the siren's cave."

   "Drink the water from the siren's cave? Where's the cave?! I could quickly go get the water then!"

   "If you're not careful you could run into a male siren and find yourself under his spell."

   "As long as I don't look into his eyes I won't be under the spell right? I just won't look into their eyes!"

   "But you've looked into Crystal's eyes, how are you not under her spell?" Jing asks Sungam.    

   "Oh that's right! How come you aren't under her spell?"

   "Special lenses that my father made, I put them in every morning to protect my eyes from all sorts of creatures that use the eyes for mind control."

   "Oh wow I see... Well I should hurry tho! But where the heck is a siren's cave? Ah map! A map in the library should show where it those caves are!" Sungam and Jing follow you to the library where you pull out books about sirens and maps of the land. "Ah! Here's, it's not too far away! Near the river in the mountainous area."

   "Let's go!" Jing grabs the map and flies out of the room.

   "Ah! Alright! Let's hurry!"

   Near the sirens' cave you see a small pond where many sirens are relaxing and playing. "Alright..." You take out a flower vase that you grabbed on the way and slowly begin to approach the pond.

   "Remember not to look in their eyes!" Sungam calls out to you.

   "I won't, I won't!" You look only towards the pond avoiding looking at the sirens and slowly bend down and begin filling the vase with water. Soon you finish up filling it up well and get up.

   "Hey, what's that girl doing over there?" One siren asks.

   "I don't know, should I ask her?" Another one gets up and goes over to you.

   "Ah!" You lower your gaze, look at the ground and start to walk.

   "H-hey! Where are you going?" He grabs your arm.

   "Ah!" You freeze and continue to stare at the ground. "Don't look at him! Don't look at him!" You say in your head reminding yourself over and over again.

   "Hey! Let her go!" Jing flies over and pulls his arm off you.

   "Thanks Jing! Let's get going! C'mon!"

   "We were just wondering what you guys were up to!" He says defensively.

   "Ah! I'm so sorry! Please forgive me!" Jing looks at him and her whole body stiffens.

   "J-Jing?" You turn around, looking to see what happened.

   She's trying to look away, her whole face blushing, but she can't seem to move. "I'm sorry... But my friend just needed... Actually I can't remember what she needed."

   "Huh?! Shoot don't tell me you looked into his eyes!!"

   "Come on, let's go..." Sungam walks up and begins dragging her away. "You should have just let me get the water." He says as he pushes past you.

   "Well sorry." You walk after them. Soon you arrive back at the castle.

   "Give Jing a little now, and we can take care of the others later." Sungam tells you. You pour some into a glass and hand it to her.

   "So handsome..." She mumbles and takes a sip from the glass without thinking. "Oh!" She looks around. "How did I get here?"

   "Haa... You were under that guy's spell."

   "Oh, really?" She looks surprised. "I can't remember anything at all!"

   "Haa alright, how should we get the others to drink it? Say the drink is just a refreshment?"

   "Sure, but how are we going to prevent them from looking at her eyes again?" Jing asks.

   "Ah, hey Sungam do you still have more of those lenses?"

   "No, these were made specially for me, but I did bring a pair of sunglasses." He pulls them out and shows them to you.

   "Sunglasses? Those help too?"

   "Make her wear these and it should prevent them from falling under her spell again." He hands them to

you.

   "Oh! I see alright then that should work!" You pour the rest of the water into glasses and place them on a tray.

   "Dinner time!" Jing calls for everyone. Everyone gets into the dining room and takes a seat. You place the special glasses next to everyone's food.

   You three sit down casually and begin eating. You take out the sunglasses Sungam gave you and play with them, and you begin to notice Crystal looking at them. "Oh, what is that thing? It looks interesting!" Crystal turns her head looking curious.

   "Hm? Oh this? This is called sunglasses, people really look amazing in these when they put them on want to try?"

   "Oh! Sure!" You hand them to her and she puts them on looking around the room fascinated and you notice the others beginning to drink the water.

   "Oh! Where am I?" Lay looks around confused.

   "Is it dinner time already?" Xiumin blinks a few times.

   "Ah! It worked..." You sigh.

   "Ah, I knew this was going to happen... Thanks Iseul." Kris looks at you.

   "No, thank Sungam, we wouldn't have known if it wasn't for him."

   "Really? Then thank you Sungam."

   "No problem."

   "So... Does this mean you still want Crystal as your fake bride...?" Jing asks Kris.

   "Crystal? My fake bride? I asked her that?"

   "Yeah, you did. In my opinion she is a better choice, but in the end it's up to you." Sungam casually sips his drink.

   "Like it was planned from the beginning, Jing will be my bride." Kris states.

   "Re-really!?" Jing blushes.

   Kris nods.

   "I thought you agreed to marry Crystal!" Kris's mother walks into the room.

   "Haa mother, no I'm not marrying Crystal!"

   "Why don't you listen to your mother?" His father pleads.

   "Why? It's because she's a princess? Is that your only reason you want me to marry her? You really

think it'll be perfectly fine that way?!"

   "It's because she's of noble birth. Yes. That way our family name will continue to have high standing in the kingdom." His mother explains.

   "Hmpf, our name can still stand high if that's what you're worried about. Do you know why I want Jing

to be my bride; my wife?" Everyone looks up silently waiting. "It's because I care about her and love her..." He pauses trying to find the right words to say. "And even though she isn't from royal blood line, I believe with a little extra training she can even become the perfect queen..." Everyone stays silent for a moment. Jing's face is a deep red, she can't think straight.

   "Well if that's how you really feel, then I suppose my son has made the right choice." His mother smiles at him.

   "Thanks mom..."

   Kris's father raises his glass. "I wish you two a married life full of happiness!" Everyone agrees smiling and toasts to the couple.

   "The wedding is tomorrow, but let's celebrate tonight!" Luhan cheers.

   "Whoo! Congrats Jing!"

   "Ah... Th-thank you..." Her face is still red, but she's smiling. The night is filled with laughter and smiles celebrating and soon everything wraps up with tired smiles and good nights.

   You meet Jing and Sungam outside your room. "Hey guys." You cover your mouth stifling a yawn.

   "I just wanted to thank the both of you again, for all your help today." Jing smiles.

   "Haha! What are friends for?"You give her pat on the back.

   "But I am wondering... Sungam... If you knew that Crystal was a siren and had special lenses, why were you acting like you were under her spell?" Jing asks. You look at him too, Jing does have a point.

   "Ah, what can I say? I'm a ladies man." He flips his hair.

   "Ugh, yah!" You can't help but chuckle a little.

   "Although that reminds me, I've been meaning to tell you something, Iseul." Sungam turns to you, suddenly looking serious.

   "Hm? What is it?"

   "I want a divorce. A guy like me can't be tied down to one woman. It's not fair to all the other women who need me." He says dramatically.

   "What?" You roll your eyes at his dumb reason. "Fine with me if that's what you want."

   "It is." He hands you a stack of divorce papers. "Just sign on all the dotted lines and I'll keep the dog."

   "Ugh so much paper work for a divorce? Fine..."

   "Wait a minute? You guys have a dog?" Jing asks.

   "Haha! No Jing! It's just like a saying."

   "Oh... It's confusing..." She scratches her head and stifles a yawn.

   "Alright, I'll sign these papers and give them to you tomorrow morning okay?"

   "Sounds like a plan. Better get some sleep, big wedding tomorrow, I hear the king is marrying his dream girl." Sungam jokes and Jing blushes again.

   "Pft, aww alright, let's get some sleep good night!" You wave to Sungam and walk into your room.

   "Good night ladies~!" He waves and walks to his own room.

   You take out a pen and begin signing the paper work. "Come on, Iseul, that can wait til tomorrow. We need to get some sleep." Jing yawns.

   "Haa go to bed Jing, we can't have the bride have dark circles on her wedding day. I'll finish up a little more and go to bed."

   "If you say so." She pulls the covers over her head and falls asleep.

   You finish half of the paper work and decide to get some sleep, you blow on the candle and off to dreamland you go~

The next morning~

   The house is up and busy with last minute preparations for the wedding. You finish up the paper work and walk to Sungam's room to give it to him. "Ah, there's my lovely soon to be ex-wife! How are you this morning?" He smiles at you.

   "Haha perfectly fine! Here's the papers."

   "Thank you! Now I have a favor to ask of you."

   "Hm? What is it?"

   "You want to talk to Crystal and ask her if she's interested in me?"

   "Ugh... Fine I'll ask her."

   "Thanks! You're the best!" He smiles and waves and goes back to his room.

   You walk into the kitchen, seeing if Xiumin needs any help.

   "Hey, Iseul! Almost finished with the wedding cake! You want to carry it into the dining room?" Xiumin asks.

   "Oh wow! Looks amazing and sure!" You and Xiumin carefully lift the cake and set it on the table in the dining room. "Wow perfect! Making this huge cake must've taken forever."

   "Only all day yesterday!" Xiumin wipes his brow and stands defensively in front of the cake when Tao approaches.

   "Haha I'll take Tao away from here. Tao~!" He continues to stare at the cake in awe.

   "Go away, Tao! I don't want you messing up this cake before the wedding!" Xiumin yells.

   "Tao! Come on let's go!" You push him back.

   "Aw!! But the cake looks so good!" Tao whines.

   "It should be after all the work I've put into it!" Xiumin laughs.

   "Haha you can eat some later this evening when the wedding starts."

   "By the way, how's the bride doing?" Xiumin asks.

   "Ah! Well I haven't checked on her yet, but I'm sure she's super happy and excited. I should go check on her."

   "I am freaking out!" Jing is pulling at her hair when you enter the room.

   "Well... I wasn't expecting that... Jing! Calm down! What's wrong?!"

   "I don't think I can go through with this, Iseul! What if I mess up? What if I look stupid? What if my dress rips or I fall?"

   "Oh my god Jing! None of that will happen!! You honestly can't mess up! There isn't much you have to do."

   "I know there isn't, but I can't stop feeling like I'm going to throw up..."

   "Oh god... Calm down! Breathe!! Inhale... Exhale..." She tries breathing, calmly. In... And out... "Alright... Now..." You look at her. "Are you calm at least a little now?"

   "Ha... Yeah..."

   "Haa Jing you'll be fine okay? Have you decided what kind of accessories you'll wear with your dress? What about your hair?"

   "Oh no! I haven't thought about any of that at all!" She starts freaking out again.

   "Will you calm down!? Okay show me what jewelry you have."

   "I'm poor! I have no jewelry..."

   "Haa alright, alright, one sec then!" You open the closet and take out your bag filled with jewelry. You take out the jewelry and lay them across the bed. "Any you like?"

   "Ooh! Wow! They're all so pretty~!"

   "Hm are they? Well glad you like them..." You look at the dress and then at your jewelry.

   "What about this one? Does this one look okay?" She holds up a pink necklace.

   "Oh! It's prefect! It'll look amazing with the dress and really suits you!"

   "Ah, really? Ok! I'll borrow this one please!"

   "You can keep it honestly."

   "What!? No, it looks too expensive!"

   "So what if it does? I still haven't gotten a wedding gift for you so think of this as my gift for you then."

   "Ah... You're too kind!" Jing's eyes begin to water.

   "Wha- Jing don't tell me you'll cry!"

   "I'm just so happy!" Tears start to fall.

   "Aw~" You hold her in a hug. "Look at my little girl she's all grown up!" You joke and pat her head.

   "Wha-!? I'm older than you!" She laughs.

   "Haha ah you're right! Alright next up hair!"

   "Ah, right! What should we do with it?"

   "Hm... Keep it simple yet cute! A hair accessory but mine are too much it won't work with the dress, hmm maybe Crystal might have something."

   "Oh! Let's ask her!"

   "Alright! Let's go then!" You walk to Crystal's room and knock on the door.

   "Oh! Hey you two! How's the bride doing?" Crystal asks.

   "Freaking out! How about you?" Jing responds. Crystal laughs and let's us in.

   "Hair accessories huh? I might have something..." She pulls out a large jewelry box and opens it.

   "Oh wow! In it are all sorts of glittering jewelry from the most fanciest to the simple sweet ones."

   "Which ones do you like?" Crystal asks. You watch as Jing looks at the accessories in awe trying to decide which one she likes best.

   "How about this and this?" She pulls out a white flower accessory and a pink ribbon.

   "Oh~! Both are really cute!" Crystal helps tie up her hair with the pink ribbon and puts the flower clip in to seal it.

   "Wow~" Then you remember Sungam's request. "Hey Crystal! I have a question to ask you."

   "Hm?" She turns to you. "What is it?"

   "What do you think of Sungam?"

   "Hm... He seems really nice, why?"

   "Well... Do you like him?"

   "Of course I like him, I like all of you!"

   "Well I don't mean that way, like you know like like him."

   "I'm not sure I know what you mean?" She tilts her head to the side.

   "Haa," You sigh, "Like you know in a romantic way..."

   "Oh, I could never like him like that, he's your husband."

   "Oh ya! I haven't told you yet, actually he isn't my husband anymore."

   "Eh!? You divorced!? So suddenly? I'm so sorry to hear that..."

   "Haha please don't be sorry we're happy it happened."

   "Really? I wonder why you two got married in the first place if you're so happy to be divorced...?"

   "Um well... It was an arranged marriage so you know..."

   "Oh, I see... Well... Yes, I suppose, if Sungam likes me back, then I like him too!" She smiles.

   "Oh! Really?! I'm sure Sungam would be happy to hear you like him!"

   "He has been very nice to me, and I feel like he's different from all the other boys. He treats me kindly, yet still differently, you know what I mean?"

   "Ah, yeah I get what you're saying."

   "Anyway, you should probably check on Kris to see how he's doing."

   "Ah me? Alright, I'll go check on him."

   "I'll stay with Jing and work on the finishing touches."

   "Oh okay thank you! I'll get going then!"

   You walk out of Crystal's room and walk to Kris's room and knock. "Come in." You hear him say. You open the door and walk in. "Hey Kris just came to check on you."

   "Hey, Iseul, er... Not so tight!" Kris tells Lay as he adjusts his tie. You chuckle. "Check on me? Why? Afraid I'm going to run away?" He raises an eyebrow.

   "Huh? Well no, just you know to see if everything's alright and you're okay."

   "Honestly if I didn't know that this wedding was fake, I'd be a little stressed out, right now." He smooths out the crinkles in his jacket.

   "Huh?"

   "I had no idea people go through this much trouble to get married, I'd say it's not worth it, but the bride is definitely worth it." He smiles.

   You look at him confused, "So he says it's fake but is fine with Jing being his bride, but what he said back there wasn't legit?" You think to yourself.

   "Anyway, how do I look?" He turns to you in his suit. Pulling at the edge one last time.

   "You look handsome..."

   "Should I have my hair up or hair down?" He looks in the mirror again.

   "Hm? Whatever you think is best." You shrug.

   "Should I go with the pink tie or the black one?"

   "Um.... Pink."

   "Is Jing wearing pink? That is her favorite color."

   "Well she isn't wearing pink but she has accessories that are pink."

   "Right, then pink tie it is." He switches ties and Lay sighs, because he has to tie it, since Kris doesn't know how.

   "Well... I guess I'll get going then..."  After tightening Kris's tie one last time, Lay walks out with you. "Well the wedding will soon start, and both of them seem ready."

   "Yeah, it might now seem like it, but I think Kris is really nervous." Lay whispers to you.

   "Oh you think so? Yeah... You're right he did seem nervous, worrying about how he looks and what would look better."

   "If it were anyone else, I don't think he'd care nearly as much."

   You nod, "That's true." You smile, "Maybe this wedding isn't fake to him."

   "Well, we better get ready!" Lay starts running down the hall.

   "Ah, right!" You walk back to Crystal's room.

   "We might've changed a few things, but I think she's ready!" Crystal turns Jing so she's facing you.

   "Oh! Wow Jing you look absolutely beautiful!"

   "You think so?" She hides her face behind the bouquet.

   "Haha yes! Kris will be so happy seeing you!!"

   "Ah! It's almost time for the wedding! We better get to our seats! Good luck Jing!" Crystal waves to her before leaving the room.

   "Good luck girl!" You give her a thumbs up and step out of the room.

   Everyone finds their seat in the chairs set up in the dining hall. Kris breathes to calm himself down while Lay pats his back, standing near him as his best man. Jing takes a deep breath as she steps out of the hall and into the dining room. The music starts and everyone turns around to see the bride.

   Kris's eyes widen seeing Jing. He looks at her as she takes slow and careful steps, getting closer towards him. Kris's father acts as the minister and opens his book as he speaks and they go through the usual wedding  routine. And soon... "you may kiss the bride."

   Jing blushes as she has to stand on her tip toes to reach Kris and even then he still has to lean down to reach her. Their lips finally meet and the crowd cheers. Jing smiles happily and turns to throw her bouquet into the crowd. It flies near you and you reach for it. As you catch it you turn to see Lay next to you. You smile and hold the bouquet closer to your face. Everyone cheers as the happy couple slices into the giant cake and take the first bites. Soon everyone is chatting and Tao is near the cake continuing to eat it.

   Suddenly Sungam runs up to you. "So... What'd Crystal have to say about me?" He asks.

   "Crystal? About what?" You smile.

   "You know... Does she like me?"

   "Hm... She said you're nice..."

   "That's it!?" He looks at you.

   "And she said... She likes you too."

   "Yes! I knew it!" He smiles.

   "Congrats! Good for you!"

   He goes over to talk to Crystal when you hear Jing squeal near the cake. "Huh? What was that?" You turn to see what happened.

   Jing is holding her hand to her face looking shocked as Chen shoves a piece of cake into Kris's face.

   "Ahahahaha! Of course Chen would!"

   "Yah! Chen! Get back here!" Kris yells, but through the frosting you can see he's smiling. He picks up a piece of cake and starts chasing Chen around the dining hall.

   "Oh god." You walk over to Jing and hand her a napkin.

   "Thanks." She smiles.

   "You two looked so adorable up there!" You smile. "Congrats again!"

   "Ah, thank you..." She blushes and stuffs a spoonful of cake into .

   "Haha careful!" You chuckle.

   "So when are you and Lay going to get married?" Chen laughs as he comes up from behind, a little out of breath.

   "Huh?! Lay and me?"

   "You did catch the bouquet! That means you have to get married next!" Jing tells you.

   "Well I guess so... But me and Lay?" You look at Chen, "We aren't anything like that."

   "Not too serious yet? I bet it's because he's too shy. I'll go have a word with him! But in the mean time, gotta avoid getting my face caked!" He chuckles and runs off again as soon as Kris finds him.

   "What the? Haa... I think might've misunderstood... Lay doesn't like me like that I'm sure..."

   "Hehehe! Here! Enjoy some cake!" Jing hands you a slice.

   "Ah! Thanks." You take a bite out of it and just chew looking around the place.

   At the end of the day, Kris says good bye to his mom and dad as they finish packing and get into their

caravan. They bid their goodbyes to all of us and we all wave as they leave. "Thank you for a beautiful wedding and thank you for inviting us!" His mother says as she gets in.

   "We hope to see you all again soon!" His father waves and the caravan pulls away. You walk back into the castle, tired from the busy day.

   Jing is standing outside of Kris's room with Kris and it seems like they're talking, or rather Jing is trying to say something but she's too nervous to spit it out.

   "Hey... What is it?" Kris asks, a bit concerned.

   "I just... Wanted to say... That even though it was fake..." She plays with the hem of her dress nervously.

   "Ah... Fake..."

   "I wanted to say... Thank you for marrying me." She blushes and hides her face with her hands.

   "Oh..." He slowly pries Jing's hands from her face and holds them gently. "Um..." He pauses trying to process what he wants to say. She looks at him and he's leaning down so his face is close to hers, so she quickly pecks him on the lips and runs away. Kris stands there for a bit but gently touches his lips smiling. Jing runs into her room blushing like crazy and jumps into bed, pulling the covers over her face and starts rolling around on the bed, squealing with happiness. You slowly walk into the room seeing Jing rolling around squealing. She peeks out from underneath he covers when she hears you and tries to pretend she's sleeping.

   "Pft! Good night Jing!" You blow on the candle and get into bed.

 

 

Xiumin: Good morning Iseul~!

Morning Xiumin! What are you making for breakfast?

Xiumin: I have no idea... For some reason Tao volunteered to do breakfast this morning and... I'm a little nervous...

Tao?! Yeah I'd be nervous too, wanna check up on him?

Xiumin: I would, but he yells at me every time I enter the kitchen... I think he really wants to do this on his own.

Haa alright then, I guess it can't be helped let's just hope everything turns out okay.

A few minutes later you hear Tao yelling angrily and a small explosion.

Xiumin: Ah! My kitchen!

Omo! What happened?!  We both run into the kitchen to see a mess everywhere.

Tao: I told you not to use lightning on the stove!

Chen: How else do you start it?

You used lighting!?

Tao: Argh! Because of you breakfast is ruined!!

Chen: To be honest, it was ruined before I got here.

Um guys? Yah! Clean this mess up you two!

Tao: Why should I clean it up? It was his fault!

Chen: Hey! You were the one in charge of breakfast! I say it's your fault!

Both of you are at fault! Now stop bickering and start cleaning!

Tao: I don't want to even be in the same room as this idiot!

Chen: Same for me! I can't handle being anywhere near this jerk!

They both storm out of the room.

Um... I look at Xiumin.

Xiumin: Sigh... And of course they leave the cleaning to us...

Haa... Well let's get cleaning then...

I get a damp cloth and begin cleaning.

A few minutes later Jing flies into the kitchen.

Jing: Hey, why are Tao and Chen building forts on opposite sides of the castle?

Excuse me? They're building forts?

Jing: Yeah, little forts made of stone, well, Tao's is made of stone, Chen, I think is using pillows and couch cushions...

Ugh... Those idiots, they got into an argument this morning again.

Jing: Again? What was it this time? Did Chen break Tao's bo staff again? Or did Tao forget it was his turn to clean the training room?

Neither, the two were making breakfast, but see this mess, that's what it turned into and they were blaming each other.

Jing: Wow... They really did it this time... I might have to tell Kris about this...

Yeah maybe you should, he might fix the problem.

Xiumin: And tell him to get me a new oven, because this one is fried.

Aww they ruined the oven too!?

Jing walks out and we continue to clean the kitchen.

Xiumin: Whoo! Alright, I think that covers damage control... Now let's see if we can't save breakfast this morning.

Right! Let see what we can make... Well we could make scrambled eggs... And maybe toast?

Xiumin: The eggs might be difficult without the oven, but I think I can handle the toast.

Alright sounds good then!

Kris: Alright, I'm here. What seems to be the problem?

Didn't Jing tell you?

Kris: Did Jing come in here too? I saw her, but she flew in the opposite direction.

Hm? She did? Oh alright. Well Tao and Chen got into another argument and they're building forts outside.

Kris: Those idiots...

He sighs.

Kris: Well, let me help with breakfast, at least I can light a fire to help cook.

Oh! Thanks!

Xiumin cracks an egg open and into a pan over Kris's palm as he holds a small flame underneath.

Xiumin: Not too hot now, we don't want the egg to overcook.

Kris: Yes chef~!

Kris smiles.

We soon finish making the eggs and toast and set up the food in the dining room.

Luhan: Huh? You actually managed to make breakfast? Even without the oven?

Yeah thanks to Kris. Are those two still outside?

Luhan: Yeah, I can hear their bickering in my head, it's giving me a migraine!

My god, I'll go get those two.

Luhan: Careful! you're walking into a warzone!

What war zone? I continue to walk and see the two outside behind their own fort.

Jing is near Tao's fort, talking to him.

Jing: Can't you at least talk to him?

Tao: No! It's all his fault and I'm not coming out until he apologizes!

Yah! You two! At least pause your fighting for some breakfast!

Tao: He ruined breakfast!

Chen: I made it better!

Yah! Shut up! And come inside and eat some breakfast!

Tao: I'm not going anywhere near that traitor!

Chen: Traitor? You're just as much a traitor as I am!

Oh my gawd!! Fine no breakfast for either of you! Why can't you just drop this argument anyway?

Chen: Because Tao is being a big baby!

Tao: Because Chen is being mean and unfair!

Haa... Honestly... I walk back inside.

Jing: I'll bring you some food later.

She whispers to Tao and flies near you and looks down.

Honestly those two... We walk back into the dining room and take our seats.

Jing quickly grabs her plate and flies back outside. Not even bothering to look up.

Huh? Where is she going?

Kris: Is something wrong with Jing?

I'm not sure...

Jing walks up to Tao's fort and quietly hands him the plate with eggs and toast.

Tao: ah! Thank you!

Jing: No problem!

She smiles and flies back inside to grab another plate, fill it up with eggs and toast and fly back out.

Xiumin: Someone's hungry.

Why is she eating outside?

Kris: Why don't you ask her yourself?

Haa... Fine I will. I get up and walk outside.

Jing walks up to Chen's fort and hands him the plate.

Ah! I see Tao eating as well. So this is what she's up to...

Jing: Just because you can't sit near each other doesn't mean you have to starve... I really wish you two would solve this problem, but I can't just sit by.

Those two continue to eat as they hear Jing telling them to solve the problem.

She sighs as she slowly walks back inside.

Hm... Good try, but it'll probably take a lot more than talking, this time for them to stop fighting.

Jing: I'm sure they can't stay mad at each other forever, they're really good friends... When they're not arguing.

True, let's just wait and see if they'll be able to fix their issues themselves.

As soon as you both walk into the kitchen Jing and Kris lock eyes.

Jing: I um... I forgot, I have to do something!

She turns and runs up the stairs.

Huh?! I watch her leave. Um... Okay... I slowly take my seat and finish breakfast.

Did... Something happened between the two of you? I ask Kris.

He makes a face as if he's thinking, but looks away.

Kris: Nothing that I can remember...

Oh, okay...

Soon breakfast is over and Xiumin is cleaning up the dishes.

I take a peek outside to see those two, they're glaring at each other.

Luhan suddenly becomes angry and he storms outside and knocks both their forts down.

Tao and Chen: HEY!!!

!! Luhan? I watch from where I'm standing confused by the sudden outburst.

Luhan: You two are acting like children! I can't stand it! Your constant arguing is giving me a headache and I want it to stop, now!

Oh.... That explains that. I watch as the two shrink at Luhan's yelling.

Luhan smiles.

Luhan: If you want to solve this, then I suggest a new version of football.

Tao: new version...?

Luhan: Yep! Now pick your teams!

Chen: I choose Iseul!

Huh? Me?

Chen: MVP baby~!

Tao: Fine! Then I pick Kris and Luhan!

Luhan: alright pick another person Chen so we can have an even number of teams here.

Chen: Hm, Lay and Xiumin then!

Tao: Tch! He said only one more! Now I have to pick another!

Luhan: The only other person left is Jing so she automatically goes to your team. Alright! Let's begin! In this version, you're allowed to use your powers to help you!

Are you sure that's a good idea...?

Luhan: Trust me, this is the best way to let off steam and get rid of that pent up energy. Plus I really just want to see them beat each other up.

He whispers that last part to you.

I roll my eyes, wow alright then!

Luhan: Let's play!

He throws the ball into the air and uses his telekinesis to move it towards Tao.

Aww~ great... Tao starts dribbling it and rushes towards us.

He kicks the ball and Kris catches it, kicking it so hard into the net, it catches on fire.

Kris: Oops...

Ah! Alright! Now it's our ball! We got this guys!

Xiumin: Yeah! Toss it over here, Iseul!

Alright! I dribble the ball and quickly kick it over to Xiumin.

Xiumin starts dribbling over to the net and freezes the ground when he notices Luhan and Tao running after him. They slip and fall on the frozen ground.

Haha whoo!

Kris melts the ground and Xiumin trips and falls into a mud puddle.

Oh! Shoot! I run quickly to get to the ball thanks to super speed and begin dribbling the ball towards the net.

Tao: Ah!

Tao stops time and takes the ball from you before letting time continue.

Huh? I look around seeing Tao with the ball! Did he just use his time-!! I start running after him and Lay gets near Tao trying to block him.

Chen zaps at Tao's heels and Lay tries to grab the ball but Chen accidentally zaps him instead.

Chen: Ah! Sorry Hyung!

Lay: oof! It's alright!

He shakes his feet trying to get the electric feeling out and then starts running after Tao again.

Tao kicks the ball and it goes through the hole in the net.

Tao: Yeah! You're going to have to try harder than that if you wanna beat me!

Ugh! The game continues with us far behind and Tao's team continuing to beat us.

Chen: Urgh! That's it! No more playing nice!

Huh? I look over at Chen.

Chen takes the ball and when he sees Tao getting closer he turns around and kicks the ball. It flies up and hits Tao in the face.

I wince seeing the scene. Not good...

Tao: Ow... Yah! That hurt!

Chen: Good!

He sticks his tongue out.

Tao grabs the ball again, but looks only at Chen and starts racing towards him.

Chen starts throwing lightning bolts at Tao's legs.

Tao: ow yah! He stops time and kicks the ball again at Chen.

Chen catches the ball and makes a funny face, teasing Tao.

Tao's face turns red in anger.

Jing: Hey, now... You guys...

The boys ignore her and glare at each other.

Luhan: Ooh! Kris! Xiumin! Make some popcorn! The show is starting!

Ugh... I watch as the two look at each other again and they both smirk.

Jing: Oh, no! What are they going to do now?

Let's all take a step back... I suggest... And wait for the guys to make some move.

Tao runs over to the benches and grabs his bo staff while Chen chases him with lightning in his hands.

Luhan smiles watching the guys continuing to fight each other.

Chen strikes Tao's leg with an electric shock, making Tao jump. He turns around and starts hitting Chen with his bo staff.

Chen: Yah! Stop that!

Tao: no!

Jing: At this rate, they're going to tear up the field! We have to stop them!

But how!?

Chen hits Tao with another lightning bolt and Tao hits him in the side with his bo staff. They both fall to the ground from the pain.

Lay: Like that?

Well, that works!

We wait as the guys groan but don't attempt any attack on each other.

Chen: I give up... How about you?

Tao nods, feeling too tired to move.

So they made up? Thank The Lord!

Jing: Why does this always happen?

Haa who knows? This won't be the last but let's just be happy and relax for now.

Jing: Haa... Good idea.

She lays down on the ground.

Everyone lays down and stays there.

Kris rolls onto his side to say something to Jing, but when she notices how close he is, she suddenly sits up.

Jing: Ah! I haven't finished cleaning my room! I should go do that now!

I watch as she leaves and look over at Kris.

Kris: Ah... There's definitely something wrong...

Hm... Has there been anything weird that happened between you two?

Kris: Like I said earlier, nothing that I can remember... She's been avoiding me ever since... Our wedding night...

Really? Since your guys' wedding? Hm...

Xiumin: She must feel awkward about the whole thing, right?

Hm, maybe...

Luhan: Hm... It's not just the wedding, she's embarrassed about... Oh, I probably shouldn't say anymore...

I look at Luhan confused.

Luhan: Aish... That's what I get for reading people's minds too much. Weird stuff comes up every once in awhile.

Kris: You were-!? Yah! Stop reading my mind without permission!

What weird stuff? Nevermind, but should I go talk to her? Convince her to talk to you or whatever?

Kris: Ah, if you could... I don't want her to feel awkward around me.

Right, I'll go talk to her.

I get up and walk to our room. I slowly open the door.

Jing is hiding beneath the covers of her bed.

Um...Jing?

Jing: Oh! Iseul! I didn't hear you come in! I was just... Cleaning up!

Sure you were. Why are you avoiding Kris?

Jing: I-I'm not! I... Just have a lot of chores to do and things going on and...

Jing everyone noticed you were avoiding Kris.

Jing: I-I...

Haa, why are you avoiding him?

Jing: Because it's too embarrassing to even look at him...

Why? He doesn't want you to feel awkward around him you know.

Jing: I can't help but feel awkward! I kissed him!

Um Jing, duh, everyone kisses on their wedding day.

Jing: It wasn't during the wedding though... I kissed him after the wedding... When no one was around... So now he knows...

What?! Omo! Omo!!! I jump on the bed. Wow!!! I didn't think you'd be that bold! But, Is it that bad he knows?

Jing: Of course it's bad! How is he going to think of his maid now that he knows?

Um, I don't think Kris really cares if you're a maid or not Jing, plus he said he wants to talk to you! He seems down every time you avoid him...

Jing: But... How can I look him in the eye after what I've done...?

Jing! You just kissed him! Oh my goodness! He doesn't want to have an awkward wall between the two of you! Just talk to him! You didn't do anything bad!

Jing: I did something unforgivable, that a maid should never do to her king! I'm a disgrace!

Jing! You are not a disgrace! Just please talk to him! It doesn't matter if you're a maid or not!!

Jing: Fine... I'll talk to him...

She slowly gets out of bed.

Thank you! Everything will be fine! Okay?

She nods, uncertainly and walks down the stairs where Kris meets her in the hallway.

Kris: ah Jing!

Jing: Oh! Your majesty!

She bows.

Kris: majesty? Yah why are you bowing?!

Jing: It's... Customary for all the servants to bow to the king...

She blinks.

Kris: since when does anyone bow around here? Ugh anyway this isn't what I want to talk to you about, but first did I do something wrong Jing?

Jing: Ah, no! It was I who did something wrong! I mean-! I... I think it would be best if you just forgot what happened that night...

Kris: that night? Oh! Is that why you've been avoiding me?!

Jing: I... It's not like... It's not important, so can we pretend that it never happened?

Kris: ... It's not important?

Jing: Yes, so... It would really make me feel better, if... You acted like it never happened.

Kris:... I see... He slowly straightens his back.... If it makes you feel better, alright...

Jing: Yeah...

She looks at him and smiles.

Jing: I better prepare the dining hall for lunch!

Kris: alright...

She bows again and runs off down the hall.

Kris sighs seeing her run down the hall... So it meant nothing to her huh?

Jing: If he can forget it so easily, it probably meant nothing to him... Right?

She thinks to herself as she leans against the wall and begins to cry.

Xiumin: Lunch is ready!

Xiumin calls and everyone gathers in the dining hall.

Alright~ we all take our seats and we all begin to eat.

Tao and Chen are back to fooling around, trying to steal off each other's plate.

I wonder how the talk between them went... I wonder to myself and continue eating.

Xiumin: Spring is almost over and we still haven't cleaned out the basement or the attic...

Luhan: Since you two are so full of energy, why don't you do it?

Luhan looks at Tao and Chen.

Tao: huh? Aww I don't wanna clean~ he whines.

Chen: Yeah, this kid is lazy, can't I have someone else clean with me? Like Iseul! She's got super strength now, so she should be lots of help!

Ugh, I feel like in the end I'll be doing all the work...

Luhan: Well, if Iseul is willing to help.

Haa... Fine I'll help.

Chen: Yay~!

We finish eating and Chen and I decide to go to the attic to get started on cleaning.

Chen: So Iseul...

He starts as he pulls a couple of boxes down.

Hm, yeah?

Chen: When are you going to ask Lay to go on a date?

He smirks.

Yah! I take an object out of the box and throw it at him. I don't like Lay! I roll my eyes and start going through the boxes.

Chen: Hahaha! Be careful what you throw! Some of this stuff is pretty valuable! And Magical!

Oh! Magical? Really?!

Chen: Of course! Lots of rare treasures can be found in here! Most of it is stuff that Kris gets from girls from all over the kingdom.

Oh wow really? Hm cool~ We continue to clean and push the boxes to one side keeping the place looking a bit more neater.

Chen: Oh! Here's a gift from one of my many fangirls~!

He laughs as he pulls out a little box of heart shaped pillows.

Aww cute!

Chen: Here! You can have these! They're not my style, but maybe you can give one to Lay.

He tosses you a box with a pair of matching bracelets.

Bracelets? They are pretty...

Chen: Wait... Are Sungam and Crystal still here? What have they been doing since the wedding?

Huh? I haven't seen them really at all...

Chen: Ooh, so they're a secretive couple~!

Oh please a secretive couple? Why would they need to keep it a secret?

I continue organizing through the boxes.

Chen: Probably because Crystal's kingdom won't let her get married to a human. It's against the law there.

Ooh... That makes sense...

Chen: Ah, it's a classic Romeo and Juliet story~! But this time Romeo's an annoying little prick and Juliet's a man-eater!

Pft! What a twist to the story.

Chen: It's ok though, siren's only eat their mates if they die of natural causes. They never kill them.

I scrunch my nose up, they still eat them tho...

We continue to clean and organize the place and soon we got most of it done. Ugh, I get up stretching my back.

Chen: Hey, Kris's birthday is coming up soon, do you have any idea, what you're getting him?

Oh! It is? I have no clue what to get him... What about you?

Chen: Same thing I get him every year! A slice of cake... To the face!

Pft! Well lucky you! I guess I'll need to think of something to get for him, but ugh... Right now I wanna shower, I've been in a dusty room for hours now.

Chen: Haha! I can tell by the smell!

Ugh, great! Alright let's get going we're pretty much done here anyway.

You two climb down out of the attic and into the hall.

Well see you at dinner bye~

Chen: Later~! Don't forget to give Lay the other bracelet!

Huh? Oh sure I won't forget.

I race into the our room and into the bathroom cleaning myself and dressing again. I look at the bracelets and decide to put one of them on.

Jing: Oh! What a pretty bracelet! Who gave it to you?

Jing walks in with an armful of boxes.

Ah Chen gave them to me, and he said to give the other one to Lay. What are in those boxes?

Jing: Oh! These are all party supplies for Kris's birthday!

Ah Kris's birthday! Do you already have a present picked out for him?

Jing: Yep! I've already got it all wrapped up! We're going to surprise him in just a few days!

Argh! What does he even like? Haa... I'll figure something out... I grab the other bracelet, see ya later~

Jing: Ah, kay~!

I decide to go to the infirmary to give the bracelet to Lay. Lay? I poke my head into the infirmary.

Lay: Oh! Iseul! I haven't seen you in the infirmary in awhile, are you injured?

Haha nope, I'm not injured! I just came to give you this bracelet!

Lay: Oh! Really? For me? You shouldn't have.

Ah, haha well... It was Chen really who suggested the idea... But anyway here! We'll have matching bracelets!

Lay: I love it! Thank you!

He slips it on easily and it seems to magically tighten around his wrist.

Lay: It fits perfectly!

Ah! That's good! Do you need help with anything, like organizing files?

Lay: Ah, no. Things have been pretty boring around here since no one is getting injured anymore, aside from Tao and Chen and their usual fights.

Haha ah that's true.

Lay: But I would appreciate it if you would look at something for me, I've been working on writing a song and I need some help with the lyrics.

Oh really?! I'd love to take a look at it!

Lay shows you his notebook which is filled with doodles and music notes and some written lyrics.

Oh wow~ I look at the book reading through the lyrics.

Lay: So... What do you think?

Oh! The lyrics written so far are really nice!

Lay: That's good, I think I just need a really good chorus and it'll be done.

Oh wow! Hmm... I read the lyrics again... And see some notes next to it... Do you already have an instrumental for the song?

Lay: Yeah! Would you like to hear it?

I nod Of course! Yes please!

He gets up and walks over to the piano and plays a peaceful melody. Then he starts singing.

Oh~  I listen to the song.

I wonder what language he's singing in..... I look back at the lyrics in Hangul, but when he sings it's in another language.

Lay: Oh! I forgot, you don't speak chinese do you?

Oh that was Chinese? It sounded really pretty, but no I don't speak Chinese.

Lay: I'll write the lyrics in korean for you then.

He grabs a pencil and begins writing in his notebook.

Oh my... I reread the lyrics wow... Words can't express how beautiful these lyrics are!

Lay: Of course it's still a work in progress, but I'm thinking about calling it Peter Pan.

Oh! That'd be a good name for it!

Lay: You're kind of my inspiration for it.

Huh? Me?

Lay: Because you're like Wendy, who came to a magical place called Neverland.

Ahh really? I smile.

Chen: Does that make you Peter Pan?

Chen smiles as he walks into the infirmary.

Oh! Were you eavesdropping?!

Chen: I wouldn't call it eavesdropping... More like listening without you knowing.

Ugh, sure whatever, what are you doing here?

Chen: Ugh, I think I hurt my arm, lifting all those heavy boxes. Think you could take a look at it, doc?

Lay: Who's Doc?

Lay he's calling you Doc, short for doctor.

Lay: I'm a doctor?

Chen: Oh my goodness.

Um... Aren't you? You heal people Lay...

Lay: That makes me a healer, not a doctor... Or does it?

Chen: How did we survive this long?

Haa... Well just get treated Chen! Haha.

Chen: Ha, wait! Did you give him the bracelet? Let me see them!

Huh yeah I gave him the bracelet.

Chen: I think Lay's is a different color... Bring yours closer so I can compare.

Huh? Okay. I stretch my arm out.

Chen pulls your arm closer until your bracelet is touching Lay's and then a spark flies and a flash of bright light blinds you for a second.

Whoa! What was that!?

Lay rubs his eyes and pulls on his arm, pulling you along with it.

Whoa! Huh! I try to pull my arm away from his arm.

Lay: Wh-What's going on? Chen?

He looks at him and Chen looks back with a wide grin on his face.

Yah! Chen what did you do!?

Chen: Oops, I must have 'accidentally' given you two my magical bracelets that can't be separated once they've touched. Looks like you two are stuck together!

Excuse me!? Chen!

Lay pulls on his bracelet.

Lay: Ah! It won't come off!

Yah! Why did you do this? It's not funny!

Chen: Don't worry! It's only temporary.

Temporary? Until how long?

Chen: Hm... Until you two are a couple?

Wait, what!? Couple?!

Chen: I'm sure you'll figure it out! Well, my arm doesn't hurt anymore, so I better get going! Bye~!

Yah! Ugh unbelievable...

Lay: Ha... Well, look on the bright side. There could be worse people to be stuck to...

Haha well, I guess you're right about that.

Lay: It did seem odd that you were giving me a gift when Kris's birthday is just in a couple days.

Ah shoot! I still need to get a gift for Kris!

Lay: Really? I've already gotten mine.

What did you get him?

Lay: Ah! I can't tell you! It has to be a surprise!

Aish! Aww man...

Lay: Haha! But I can help you find a gift for him, if you want... We are stuck together anyway...

Ah true, that would be helpful!

Lay: We can go to the market after dinner.

Ah! Sounds good to me!

You and Lay walk side by side down the hall towards the dining room.

We look to see everyone coming taking their seats.

Chen: Yo~!

Chen waves you over to two empty seats near him.

Haa... Let's go.

Lay takes the seat nearest Chen and you next to him. Your wrists connected under the table.

I look at the others starting to eat and slowly use my free hand to begin eating.

Lay: Is it difficult not using your dominant hand?

Ah, somewhat...

Lay: Here, let me help.

He holds a spoon up to you and offers to feed you.

My eyes widen a little, feeling embarrassed, but I open my mouth.

Lay: Is it good?

He smiles.

I nod, chewing. Feeling myself blushing.

Tao: Why are you feeding her? Ah, did you hurt your other arm, Iseul?

Um... Well not exactly....

Tao: If it's your shoulder acting up again, I could give you a massage!

He runs behind your chair and puts his hands on your shoulders.

Ah! Um... It's fine... Thanks though...

Tao: Tension builds up most in the shoulders, that's why these kinds of massages are best for reducing stress.

He explains as he rubs your shoulders.

Ah... Alright...

Lay: Here comes another bite, say ah~!

A-ah~ I chew my food feeling embarrassed.

Soon dinner is over and Chen is giggling like an idiot on the other side of Lay.

Yah! Stop laughing!

Chen: Ah, you should see how red your face was!

Oh shut up! I use my free hand to try to cover my face.

Lay: Just ignore him, let's go to the market.

Ah alright let's go...

Xiumin: Ah, you guys are going to the market, can I come too?

Hm! Of course!

Xiumin: I wanna make sure we have all the supplies we need for...

He looks around to make sure Kris isn't close by and whispers.

Xiumin: Kris's surprise party.

Ah gotcha alright let's get going then!

The three of you head into town and towards the market where store owners are trying to sell all kinds of items from fish to rare gems.

Whoa~ it looks so lively here!

Lay: I'm guessing you've never been to the market before?

Not here and not really back at the human world either!

I look through all the stuff the people here are selling seeing really beautiful jewelry.

Do you think Kris might like some sort of jewelry?

Xiumin: Hm... What kind of jewelry are you thinking of?

Hm, maybe a ring or a necklace? Or would that be weird to give to him?

Lay: How about some of the rings here?

He points to a stand with a lot of rings on display.

Oh~ these look nice! I take a look at the rings trying to find a nice ring.

Xiumin: By the way, why are you two always walking so close together?

Huh? Oh, that... Um...

Lay: Chen gave us a gift.

Lay raises his arm, making you raise your arm as well.

Yeah an amazing gift, I frown.

Xiumin: Oh! Haha! What a nice gesture. Maybe we can find something here to help remove them?

Really? Even if it's magical we can get it off?!

Xiumin: Well, our kingdom has a lot of magical items, I'm sure that there's a magical remedy for this!

Ooh~ let's look for that too then!

I find a ring and show it to Lay.

Lay? Do you think this is an okay ring to give as a present?

Lay: Do you like it?

Hm well... I think it's a nice ring...

Lay: I'm sure if you find something you like, Kris will like it too.

Ah you think so? I'll get this for him then!

Xiumin: Hey guys! This man here is a black smith, maybe he can help!

Oh let's go ask then! C'mon Lay!

The blacksmith looks at the bracelets carefully.

So, you think you can help us?

Blacksmith: Hm... I've worked with magical items like this before, but I'm afraid I can't work with this unless you want me to cut off an arm.

Lay turns paler next to you.

Um, N-no thank you.

Xiumin: Come on, let's keep looking around.

Hmm... Alright...

The three of you spend hours in the market and find nothing.

Haa... Guys... Let's just go home, it's dark out, and I don't think we'll be finding anything.

Xiumin: Yawn... Ah, good idea... We can always try again tomorrow.

Right, let's go... We all walk back to the castle.

Xiumin: Good night guys~!

Xiumin waves as he goes to his room.

Good night~!

Then I realize something.

Um... Lay? We're stuck together like this right?

Lay: Hm? Yeah?

So... How... Like... Are we... Gonna have to sleep together....?

Lay: Ah... Right... Hm...?

He starts thinking.

Lay: I have no idea.

Ugh!! W-what-? How-?! I don't even know what to say anymore....

Lay: We should probably sleep in my room, since you share a room with Jing. We can stop by your room and pick up your pj's though.

Ah alright...

We walk to my room and I walk in. I rummage through the closet and grab my pj's.

Jing: Ah, Iseul, what is Lay doing in here?

Oh! Um, you see... I hold up our linked hands.

Jing: Hm?

She looks closer.

Jing: Are these the same bracelets that Chen gave to me and Kris?

He gave you two bracelets?!

Jing: Yeah, they look like the exact same bracelets, Kris and I were attached to each other for almost a whole day.

Wait!! So how did you get rid of them?!

Jing: I don't know, at some point the bracelets just sorta let go...

Huh? Really? I see... Alright well, since we're still linked together with the bracelets I just came to get my Pj's.

Jing: How do you expect to get your pj's on when you're attached like that?

!! Ah- I didn't think about that...

Jing: Aigoo... You might have to sleep in your uniform.

Haa... Alright... Well goodnight see you tomorrow...

Jing: Oh, good night... You're not sleeping in here?

I can't sleep here.

Jing: Oh, right... Sleep well!

You too!

We both walk out and we walk to Lay's room.

Lay: My bed should be big enough to fit the both of us and I don't move around much in my sleep.

Ah you don't? Oh... I kinda move around in my sleep... I look down embarrassed. But I'll try to make sure I don't move!

Lay: Ha, it's ok! I used to room with Tao, so I'm used to it.

Ooh, haha alright...

Lay slowly gets into bed and moves over so there's enough room for you.

I slowly get on the bed and lie down.

Lay: Comfortable?

Yeah... You?

Lay: Hm! Good night! Sleep tight! Don't let the bed bugs bite~!

Good night!

I slowly close my eyes but it takes me a while until I feel myself falling asleep.

The morning sun streams in through the window and Lay mumbles a bit before moving around and sitting up.

I slowly feel movement and feel bright light on me... I mumble trying to pull the cover over my face.

Lay chuckles pulling the covers off.

Lay: Come on sleepy head.

Ah~ I slowly open my eyes seeing Lay... I shoot up remembering I slept in his room.

Lay: Ah! Are you awake, now?

Yeah, I'm awake...

Oh! Was I moving around?! Did I hurt you?! Omg I'm so sorry if I was being annoying while I was asleep.

Lay: Hm? I don't remember you moving around much. You weren't annoying at all!

He laughs.

Oh I wasn't? Haa that's good...

Lay: Ready for breakfast?

Yeah... I start to get off the bed then feel a pull, remembering the bracelets.

Lay: Ah, let's be careful. We don't want you getting hurt.

Ah r-right, sorry...

Lay gets out of bed and slowly stretches his limbs, getting ready for the morning.

We both walk out of his room and walk to the dining room.

Tao: Did I just see you two walk out of the same room? Did you spend the night together!?

Um, well, yeah... I notice the look he's giving us. Wait! Don't misunderstand!!

Tao: What don't I understand? You spent the night in Lay's room.

Well yeah that's true I did...

Tao: And you slept, that's all you did, right?

I sigh, of course that's all I did!

Tao: Right, then, well maybe next time you should spend the night in my room, after all, I'm a much better protector than Lay, I'm stronger in case any bad guys get in the castle~!

Lay: Come on, Isuel, breakfast is getting cold.

Hm? Ah right!

You two sit down again, next to each other and Lay offers to feed you again.

I sigh, and get fed during breakfast and Chen still continues to giggle and laugh.

Tao sits across from you and glares at Chen. He immediately stops laughing and stays quiet.

Everyone continues to eat and soon breakfast is over.

Luhan: Hey, Xiumin told me about your, um... problem and I think we might be able to find something in the library. There are tons of books on magical items like those bracelets.

Ah really?!

Luhan: It may take awhile though, since there are so many books.

Luhan leads you and Lay to the library where there are a hundred books stacked on one table.

Wow... That's a lot...

Lay: We better get started...

Right! I walk over to one of the books looking through them.

Luhan and Lay do the same and soon the pile of books starts to diminish as you look through book after book.

Haa... I start getting bored, but continue to look through the books.

On your side you notice Lay drifting off.

Cute~ I think to myself.

Luhan looks up at you and notices Lay and smiles.

I continue to look through the books and sigh Luhan... I don't see anything....

Luhan: I'm sorry, it looks like this was a wasted effort.

Haa, no it's alright...

Luhan: Let's try again tomorrow, ok?

I nod alright. I check to see if Lay has fallen asleep.

Lay?

Lay: Zzzzz

He's asleep... Um...

Luhan: Yah! Don't be a burden on Isuel!

Luhan shakes him awake and his eyes flutter open.

Oh! Hey... We're done looking through the books...

Lay: Ah, I'm sorry... Did I fall asleep?

Ah, yeah...

Lay: I must not have... Slept well last night...

Omo! You haven't?! Ah it must've been me! I'm so sorry!

Lay: Ah, no! Please don't blame yourself!

Haa... Well... I'm sorry again.

Luhan: Just get married already!

Wha?! Luhan! I feel my cheeks getting hotter.

Luhan: Tomorrow is the day we celebrate Kris's birthday so make sure you have your gifts ready!

I got his gift ready!

Luhan: Good! Maybe you should help Xiumin with the cake.

Ah! Alright! Lay, can we go help Xiumin with the cake?

Lay: Ah, of course!

We both walk into the kitchen to see Xiuimn making the cake batter.

Xiumin: Ah, hi guys~! Still stuck together I see...

Yup! But is there anything we can do to help?

Xiumin: Do you wanna make rice balls?

Oh sure!

Lay: I think the rice is in the cabinet over here.

Lay drags you to a corner of the kitchen.

Ah! Alright... I reach over and open the cabinet.

The rice is on the top shelf and Lay reaches up with the arm attached to yours and can't seem to reach.

I stand on my tiptoes trying to help out.

Xiumin: Ah, you guys... We have a step stool. I'm really short too, so I use it all the time.

Ah! Right! I take the step stool and place it on the ground.

Lay steps on it and grabs the rice.

Lay: Yay~! Let's make some rice~!

Haha alright!

Lay puts the rice and water into the steamer and waits for the rice to cook while pulling out fruits and veggies to chop.

My job is to hold the fruit or vegetable while he cuts them, since he can use his dominant hand. Next the rice finishes cooking and we take it out.

Lay: Ooh! Hot! Hot!

He sets it down to cool.

Be careful! We wait for the rice to cool down before we start making the rice balls.

Lay: Tada! I made rice balls for Tao!

EKRwLS3V9RvKrjS-_9_htgDu-_JF_X8Km6eaP3dWXp-5WKXEj4E-UUNNFvyzEnV7r-_7OboM2AwpmX0qB0OuizGAtGqxRMhMvmuc3384-sww291WZ-En9Mm1tuP1AnqIqNNKPfLO

Cute~!

Lay laughs and feeds you one.

Mmm~

We both continue to make rice balls and soon finish.

Xiumin: Alright! Time to decorate the cake~!

Ooh~ I watch as Xiumin takes out all the decorating tools.

Lay grabs a flat silver tool and uses it to spread frosting over the cake.

Oh you've decorated cakes before?

I ask Lay, seeing how he seems to know what he's doing and spreading the frosting evenly.

Lay: Heh, yeah. I used to make cakes for my dad sometimes.

Oh really? That's sweet!

Lay: Here, it's pretty simple. Just apply the frosting and then use the flat side to smooth it out.

He hands you the tool.

Ah... Alright, I take the tool and apply the frosting and try to smoothen it out but, it doesn't look smooth at all. Haha guess I'm not good with cake decorating.

Lay: It just takes practice.

He smiles at you and pokes his finger in the frosting bowl and dabs a little frosting on your nose.

Ah! Hey! I laugh. I take a little bit of frosting and dab it on his cheek. Revenge! I laugh.

He chuckles and waves the tool covered in frosting around your face.

Ah! No! I take a small step back avoiding the tool.

But he pulls on the arm you're attached to forcing you to fall forward into his arms. He drops the tool and catches you.

Lay: Ah! Sorry! I guess I got carried away.

Um, I-it's fine...

I take a step back bending down to get the tool.

Lay: We better wash it before we use it again.

Ah right, we both walk over to the sink and turn on the water.

Lay lets the water run over the tool, washing away the dirt and frosting while he grabs a cloth and wets it. He dabs the cloth over your nose to wipe away the frosting.

Ah thanks, here I need to wipe yours off too.

Lay: Ah, I got it!

He backs up and laughs.

Ah alright!

He wipes away the frosting and dries the tool before going back and finishing the cake.

Xiumin and Lay finish decorating the cake.

Wow~ it looks amazing!

Xiumin: Kris is going to be so surprised tomorrow! Oh! That reminds me! Could you go into town and get these supplies for me?

He hands you a piece of paper.

Hm? Ah yes of course!

Lay takes the paper and nods.

Lay: Shall we go?

Okay! Let's go!

Lay leads you back to the market where all kinds of store owners try to get your attention.

Storeowner: Oh, my! A cute couple like you two need matching necklaces to go with those beautiful bracelets!

I blush hearing the storeowner call us a couple but we continue to go looking for the items on the list.

Lay: See anything you like?

He asks you as you pass by a couple of food stands.

Lay: The others are probably having lunch while we're gone.

Hm, yeah... I look at the  food... Are you hungry?

Lay: A little...

His stomach grumbles and he laughs shyly.

Haha me too, do you wanna get some food?

Lay: Yeah.

He leads you to take a closer look at a stand selling some meat on sticks.

Ooh~ they look delicious!

Lay: Two please~!

He tells the shopkeeper and she smiles and hands you each a stick. The meat smells smoky and flavorful.

My mouth waters and I take a bite out of mine.

Mmm~ this is delicious!

Lay: Haha! That's good.

He bites into his and you two continue to walk and eat and shop.

We soon finish up with the shopping checking to make sure we bought everything.

Lay giggles a bit when you both finish your food.

Lay: You have a little... Wait, let me get it.

He his thumb and wipes at the corner of your mouth.

Ah! Thank you...

He smiles and grabs his bag full of supplies.

Lay: Is your bag too heavy? I feel bad that you have to carry it with one hand.

Ah! No it's fine! It's not heavy at all for me!

Lay: Ah! Alright!

You continue walking but a hole in the road trips you and Lay pulls you back and grabs you in a hug.

Ah! S-sorry... I feel my heartbeat start to beat faster.

Lay: You ok?

Y-Yeah, I'm fine!

Lay: This should be easier.

He pulls you close by your connected wrist and intertwines his fingers with yours.

I gulp and feel my cheeks become hot.

Lay: Are you sure you're ok? You look a little red.

He places his palm on your forehead.

Lay: Hm, you are a little warm.

L-Lay! I'm fine! Really!

Lay: Ah, Ok! Well, let's head back.

Ah, right!

We soon get back and we walk into the kitchen where Xiumin is.

Hey, we got the items.

Xiumin: Ah, thanks you guys! Everything is almost ready!

Ah really? That's good!

Xiumin: Why don't you check on the birthday boy and make sure that he isn't trying to find out about the party.

Ah okay we'll do that! Let's go Lay!

Lay: Alright!

He's most likely in his room right?

Lay: Ah, yeah, probably.

Let's go then!

Lay knocks on Kris's door first and waits for a response.

Kris: Come in!

Lay: Hey, we just wanted to check on the birthday boy!

He opens the door and walks in.

Oh hey Kris!

Kris: Hey... Why are you guys holding hands?

Huh? I look down to see our hands are intertwined still together.

Lay: Oh, remember these? Chen gave them to us.

He brings your hand up with his to show the bracelets attached.

Kris: Oh, yeah. I was attached to Jing for almost 24 hours. Then suddenly, they just broke apart, I still have no idea why.

Huh... That is weird.

Kris: Anyway, I hope you guys don't have anything odd planned for my birthday this year.

Hm? We don't have anything planned, but what do you mean odd?

Kris: Well, last year Chen gave me those bracelets as a gift, but before that Tao jumped me as a panda and pretended to kidnap me. To say the least, I was not happy.

Wow.... Those are quite... Different kind of birthdays....

Kris: Yeah, so no more weird surprises, ok?

Lay: Unicorn's honor! No weird surprises!

Pft! Unicorn honor?

Lay: What? Unicorns are a very honest and trustworthy species!

Ah are they? That's nice.

Lay: Well, we better get back to the dining hall and make sure that there are no 'weird' surprises.

Ah right! Bye Kris!

Kris: Yep! Later! I hope you get those bracelets off soon!

We wave and walk out closing the door behind us.

Lay: Sounds like he doesn't know about the surprise party.

Yeah! That's good!

Lay: Tomorrow morning is the party so let's get lots of rest!

Hm! Sounds good!

You both walk back to Lay's room and get ready for bed.

Lay: Good night~!

He blows out the candle and the sound of his gentle breaths fill the room.

I slowly close my eyes and soon fall asleep.

The next morning welcomes you with bright sunshine and a cloudless sky.

I yawn slowly getting up.

Lay: Good morning~!

I smile. Morning Lay!

Lay: Today's the big day! We better make sure we're up and ready before Kris is! Which shouldn't be a problem since he always sleeps in.

Haha that's true!

Lay gets up to stretch and moves slowly to make sure you're comfortable.

I smile and get off the bed slowly this time along with Lay.

Lay: Ready to go?

Yup! I nod.

Lay: Wait! Shoot! I almost forgot!

Huh? What is it?

Lay: My gift for Kris, it's a song on the piano! I can't play it if we're...

He pulls at the bracelets holding you two together.

Oh that's true...

But... We still haven't figured out a way to get these bracelets off...

Lay: What did Chen say? They'll come off, when we're a couple?

Hm, yeah well he did say that...

Lay: What does that mean? A couple?

A couple? Isn't a couple where the two start dating?

Lay: So... We have to go on a date?

Hm... Yeah, I guess that  might be the way to get the bracelets off.

Lay: Ok, so what do people usually do on dates?

Huh? Um... I heard they go out to eat, or just be romantic really... Like just going out together somewhere.

Lay: Er... We don't really have a lot of time to go anywhere! Hang on a sec! Chen gave me this book on romance.

He pulls out a little red book covered in hearts.

Oh? What does it say?

Lay: "Hold her hands tightly, initiate lots of skinship and eye contact is important."

He reads as he grabs your hand and intertwines your fingers.

My heart skips a beat by the sudden contact but I don't say anything.

He looks you directly in the eyes and with his free hand, brushes your hair back and stares at you.

I gulp, my heart beating faster.

Lay: I feel so bad...

He says quietly.

I look at him confused by what he says.

Lay: I feel so bad, that I never noticed how beautiful you are until now.

He runs his thumb over your cheek.

I feel myself blushing.

He leans forward and your foreheads touch, the tips of your noses bump into each other.

I close my eyes unable to look anymore.

You feel a warm breath against your skin and a slight pressure against your lips.

My eyes slightly open before they close again, realizing he's kissing me...

Suddenly you feel the bracelets loosen and Lay pulls back, his arm free of the bracelet.

Lay: We did it!

He laughs.

Ah... Yeah! We did!

Lay: Ah! I better practice one more time, before he gets here!

He runs off.

I rest my back against the wall placing my hand over my chest... Trying to calm down.

Luhan: Iseul! Lay! I think I found it!

Luhan runs up to you with a book in his hand.

Luhan: Oh, Iseul! Where's Lay? Did you-?

L-Luhan.... We got the bracelets off... I give him a small smile showing my now free arm.

Luhan: Oh! I guess you guys figured it out without my help... I was just going to show you what I found.

He sits down next to you and opens the book to a page with a picture of the bracelets.

Hm...? I look at the bracelets on the page.

Luhan: I don't know what Chen told you, but it says here that the bracelets will only come off if one or more of the wearers falls in love.

I bite my lip hearing that... Haa... Is that so...?

Luhan: So since you got the bracelets off, this means that either Lay is in love with you or you're in love with him or... You're in love with eachother...

I look at my fingers... I don't know about how Lay feels but...

Luhan: Well, you're not attached at the wrist anymore so that's a good thing, right?

Yeah, it is a good thing.

Luhan: You don't seem too happy about it...

Ahaha what do you mean? I smile and get up.

Luhan sighs.

Luhan: You don't have to be a mindreader to know when something's wrong with you, but I won't pry.

I nod, I'll go to the kitchen to see if I can help with something.

Luhan follows you.

We both walk out of the hall and to the kitchen.

Xiumin: Ah! Just in time! Can you guys carry this into the kitchen?

Xiumin pushes the cake forward a bit on a cart.

Ah! Alright!

You struggle a bit before you finally get the cake into the dining hall. Jing is in the rafters hanging streamers and garland from the wooden support beams.

Oh~ looks nice in here!

Chen: Yeah, almost as nice as your guys' wedding day~!

Jing looks down and goes back to decorating.

We get the cart to a part of the room away from anyone bumping into it.

Tao runs into the room waving his arms like crazy.

Tao: He's coming! He's coming! Everybody hide!

Ah! Shall we hide behind the table?

Lay: haha! It'll be a tight fit, but ok!

We get behind the table, and Lay was right, there isn't much space behind here.

He pulls his knees up to his chest to decrease the amount of space he takes up and pulls you close to him, you can feel the heat radiating off his body.

I gulp but suddenly hear footsteps.

Jing counts down on her fingers.

5...4...3...2...1...Now!

We all get up and yell "Happy Birthday!"

Kris: Whoa!

He jumps back and laughs.

Kris: So this is what you guys have been working on these past few days?

We all nod, and bring the cake to the front and light some candles.

Kris smiles as he blows out the candles.

We start singing "happy birthday" and clap for him.

Kris: Now where are my presents?

Tao: 9ARuloAb0e5dAt-6xTJ1NTfv71bQt2jeouv_Tjqch9Uvxjp7RP3HxYwmJ3kAA_S7DAa8QMoC2NhnekHhTTS64cw4_VuT33frFT0g0jIxk4LVqevpYvPTjwiW39lUFXBIoQp6hS3V

Oh my goodness Tao! 😆

I get my present and we all begin to hand him our presents.

Kris: Oh, wow! This ring is so cool! Thanks Iseul!

He slips the ring on and admires it.

Ah glad you like it!

I watch as he opens the other guy's presents.

Kris: A book on controlling your temper from Luhan... Are you trying to tell me something?

Luhan: Me? No, not at all.

I hold back a giggle and watch him continue to open the presents eagerly.

Kris: A stuffed panda, a stuffed dragon and a stuffed alpaca from Tao. What am I supposed to do with all these stuffed animals?

Tao: Give them lots of love~!

Kris: A great cake from Xiumin! Thanks man!

Xiumin nods and smiles.

Kris: Oh, what's this? A pen? From Chen?

He tries to write something on a piece of paper and the pen shocks him.

Chen: An electric shock pen!

Wow~! Of course!

Lay: Oh! I guess I'm next!

Lay stands up.

I watch curiously as Kris opens Lay's present.

Kris: hm? A notebook?

Lay: Oops, so that's where I put it...

He takes the notebook and runs over to the piano and begins playing.

Everyone listens as Lay plays on the piano.

Kris smiles and shakes Lay's hand when he's done.

Kris: Self-composed?

Lay: Ye-yeah, but I did have a little help from Iseul.

Hm? I shake my head saying no.

Kris: well thank you for the present! I really enjoyed the music!

Jing slowly and quietly approaches, not wanting to draw attention to herself.

Kris: oh! He looks at Jing.

Jing: I-I... have a gift for you...

She pulls shyly at the hem of her dress.

Kris: oh really? He smiles waiting for the present.

Jing takes a deep breath and begins to sing while Lay accompanies her on piano.

Kris stares at her in awe as he listens to her singing.

She finishes her song and stares at him, wondering what his reaction will be.

Kris slowly reaches over and caresses her cheek... Thank you, Jing... That was beautiful...

Jing: Ah!

She flinches at his touch, but slowly smiles and nods.

Jing: I'm glad you like it.

He quickly pulls back giving a small smile, but it doesn't reach his eyes.

Chen: Let the rest of the celebration... Commence!

Chen cheers and smashes a big slice of cake into Kris's face.

Kris: Agh! Seriously!? Every year!?

Haha! I laugh seeing the two and see Tao already eating a bunch of cake slices.

The day after the birthday party was mostly spent cleaning up wrapping paper and frosting off the floor.

I continue to scrub the dried frosting off the floor.

Sungam walks into the dining hall followed by Crystal. He stretches his limbs and looks around the room.

Sungam: whoa, what happened in here?

Oh! Kris's birthday party.

Chen: yah! Where have you two been this whole time!? We could've used your help!

Crystal: ah, we're sorry! We really weren't aware of the fact that there was a party going on...

She adjusts her sunglasses and looks at Sungam.

Sungam: Look, calm down. We've been busy preparing for something and I guess we sort of have an announcement to make.

An announcement?

Sungam: I'm moving in with Crystal at her kingdom. At least there I'll be treated like royalty, unlike here, where I'm just a servant boy.

Oh, wow, that's great.

Sungam: yeah, try not to miss me too much.

I chuckle: sure, whatever.

I get up, finished cleaning up.

Crystal: well, we have to continue packing. We'll be leaving later this afternoon. Thank you again for letting me stay here!

Ah! Leaving this afternoon? I see, it was nice having you around!

She bows and Sungam leads her back to her room to finish getting ready to leave.

I walk back to the kitchen to see if I can help Xiumin cook.

Xiumin: hey, breakfast is almost done! Sorry, I can't help clean up! Too many things to do at once!

Haha no it's fine! The cleaning is all done anyway.

Xiumin: that's good! Why don't you pass around these muffins for everyone, I'm sure they're hungry after all their hardwork.

Ah, sure! I take the tray with muffins and walk out giving a muffin to everyone.

Jing: ah! Thanks, Iseul!

She smiles and takes a big bite out of one.

Jing: hm~! So good!

Haha you're welcome!

Soon everyone has one.

Lay: ooh, look outside...

Chen: looks like there's a big storm coming.

Oh! It does!

Outside are dark big clouds.

Kris: we better prepare the castle for the rain.

Xiumin: I'll put some tarps over the garden.

Everyone prepares the place before it begins to drizzle, soon turning into a storm.

Jing: whoa! I didn't think the wind would pick up this fast!

That's true!

We watch as the wind blows harshly around the trees.

Crystal: oh, my. Looks like we should have left sooner.

Well, just stay the night, then no hurry right? The storm doesn't seem like it'll stop anytime soon.

Sungam: sigh... I suppose one more night couldn't hurt...

Of course not! They both nod, and turn around walking out of the hall.

Suddenly there's a loud banging at the castle gates.

Luhan: who could be out in this storm!?

Let's go see!

We all walk out to see who could be at the castle gates.

Kris opens the doors and outside there seems to be someone standing, wearing a blanket wrapped tightly around them, soaking wet.

Who is that person? I whisper.

The stranger suddenly falls to the ground and the others gather around the body.

Lay: whoever they are, they're injured!

Lay points to a nasty wound on the leg.

Let's get the person inside!

Tao and Chen lift the body and carry them to the infirmary where Luhan and Lay struggle to remove the soaking blanket.

The finally get the blanket off and Lay immediately works on healing the wound.

Tao: Oh! It's a girl!

Chen: a very pretty girl!

Hm, they are right, I wonder what she was doing outside in the storm and wounded...

Lay: her wound is healed, but she lost a lot of blood. She should be ok as long as she gets some rest.

Ah that's good...

Kris: come on, we better leave, so she can sleep.

We all nod and begin to walk out of the room.

Luhan: we should question her as soon as she wakes. I don't know about you, but I'm not too fond of strangers in the castle.

Hmm yeah...

Kris: we should all get some rest. I'm sure the storm will be gone by tomorrow and by then the girl should be awake.

Right, good night~!

We all bid each other good night, and walk to our bedrooms.

Jing: hey, Iseul... Are you still awake?

Jing rolls over in bed.

Hm? I turn over to look at Jing. What is it?

Jing: that girl... Why do you think she was out in this storm?

Haa... Who knows? She could be a traveler who got lost?

Jing: you've never seen her before right? She's probably not human?

Hm, yeah I've never seen her... But I didn't really pay attention, or I could've seen if she was some sort of creature, or had a spirit animal... But who knows.

Jing: I keep forgetting that you have Sungam's powers, you don't seem to use them very often.

Well, I don't really have a reason to use them you know.

Jing: they are really powerful, so I guess that's a good thing.

Hmm yeah... I yawn well let's get some sleep...

Jing closes her eyes and listens as the rain pours outside.

I soon fall asleep hearing the soft pattering of the rain.

The next morning, the sun is shining and the grass is soaked with rain water.

I yawn getting up and get ready for the day walking to the kitchen.

In the kitchen is the girl going through the cupboards. Xiumin is trying to point out what goes where.

Oh! Good morning!

Xiumin: ah! Good morning, Iseul! She just woke up a few minutes ago... She hasn't said a word, but she's helping me put the dishes away.

Oh really? That's nice of her. How are you feeling? I ask.

She only turns to look at you. She tilts her head to the side and goes back to placing dishes in the cupboard.

Hm? Okay, I shrug and turn to Xiumin.

Hey do you need any help with breakfast today?

Xiumin: ah, yeah! We finally got the stove working again! Do you wanna make pancakes?

Oh sure!

I get out the ingredients and start mixing the ingredients together.

Later Lay and Luhan walk into the kitchen.

Lay: there you are! I was worried! You shouldn't be up and walking so soon!

He runs up to her and asks if she's ok. She only nods her head.

We soon finish up making the pancakes, and enter the dining room where everyone is.

Luhan: I wonder why she hasn't said a word since she's awoken... Do you think she could be mute?

Hm, I guess it's possible she might be. Ah! Here you can sit here! I pull a chair out for the girl.

She nods in your direction and sits down.

Jing: Hi! My name is Jing and I'm one of the maids here!

She bows and shakes her hand.

Jing: Oh? What's this?

She quietly begins eating like the rest of us, while we talk for a bit, she doesn't say a single word.

Jing: psst! Iseul!

Hm? What is it?

Jing: that girl, she has a tattoo on her wrist, I noticed it when I was shaking her hand.

Oh? A tattoo?

Jing: yeah, of four numbers... 1004, does that mean anything to you?

1004? I heard about that number before, it means angel, I think.

Jing: Angel? That's so pretty. Should we call you Angel from now on?

Jing turns to her and she tilts her head to the side, then nods.

Oh! It's nice to meet you Angel!

We soon finish eating and Angel goes to the kitchen to help wash the dishes.

Jing: wow! She's really helpful!

Yeah she is! She continues washing the dishes, drying them and placing them in the cabinet Xiumin shows her.

Sungam: alright! We're leaving now!

Crystal: Thanks so much for having us!

Ah! Thanks for coming! We all wave as the two get in the caravan and leave.

Jing: I wonder when we'll get to see them again?

Kris: Hm, I'm sure we could arrange a day to have them visit.

Chen: Hopefully not soon, that Sungam kid is really annoying! He's even worse than Tao!

Tao: hey!

We all walk back inside.

Jing: so! Angel! Where are you from? Do you know where you're staying? What's your favorite color?

Whoa! Don't ask so many questions at once!

She just stares at Jing for a sec before looking away.

Jing: hehe! Oops! Sorry! I guess I got carried away~!

So, where are you from? I look at her waiting to see if she'll answer.

She only looks at you blankly.

Luhan: Maybe I can read her mind.

We wait to see if Luhan can get any answer.

Luhan: hm... It looks like she's from the western kingdom, but she's not royalty or even a servant.

Oh you aren't? Then are you a traveler?

She simply nods.

Luhan: I can't seem to get a name, every time I try I keep getting those numbers on her wrist.

Oh? Well 1004 stands for angel, so that's why we started calling her angel.

Luhan: I suppose that works for now.

Oh! Are you going to stay here? We could show you a spare room we have.

She nods and follows you down the hall.

I open the room and walk inside.

Well what do you think?

She doesn't say anything, but her eyes seem to glimmer as she looks at the room.

Haha I guess you like it? Oh you don't have any extra clothes do you? I'll get you two pairs for now, is that alright?

She looks at you and nods before plopping down onto the bed.

I'll be back then!

I walk out the room closing the door behind me.

Jing: I hope she's happy here.

She seems pretty happy, she looked happy when I showed her the room.

Jing: oh! We forgot to ask her how she got injured!

Oh! That's true! Well I'm taking her clothes right now, we can ask her then!

Jing: it's somewhat difficult to communicate with her without Luhan.

Oh, that's right, we'll ask her when Luhan's around then.

Jing: in the meantime we should make sure that she's as comfortable as possible!

That's right! We both walk back to Angel's room.

She slips into the new dress and dances around in it. Her facial expression seemingly happier.

Haha glad you like it!

Jing: dinner is in an hour, so we'll see you then!

She nods, waving.

Jing: I can't wait to find out more about her! Do you think as a traveler she's seen some pretty amazing places?

Hm possibly!

Jing: do you ever think about traveling? Getting out of the kingdom?

Hmm well no I haven't thought about that, have you?

Jing: yeah, sometimes. Not often, but every once in awhile I just feel like flying away.

Flying away? Why? Just for fun?

Jing: yeah, you know, just to get away and feel free.

Hmm yeah, it would be nice....

Jing: anyway! Let's get ready for dinner! I hear Xiumin is making something special for Angel!

Ooh~ really? I wonder what it is.

We both walk back to the kitchen.

Xiumin: hey guys~! Angel gave me this recipe not too long ago and it has a lot of ingredients I've never heard of, do you think you could head to the market and find these?

Oh sure! What ingredients are they?

Jing: hm...

Jing takes the list and looks at the words.

Jing: truffles... honeysuckle...

What's that word?

Oh truffles and honeysuckle?!

Jing: these sound weird... Garcia and Pasquella.

Garcia and pasquella? I've heard of truffles and honeysuckles but not those two.

Jing: we'll ask the kingdoms top gardener about them.

Oh alright let's get going then.

Xiumin: hold on, truffles are really hard to find and they're really expensive in stores.

Ah are they? Hm...

Jing: it's not like we can't afford them, since the king is rich.

Well that's true, so should we get going?

Xiumin: be careful, some merchants will try to sell you fake mushrooms instead of truffles.

Ah, alright! Thanks for the heads up.

You and Jing head to the market where it's crowded and bustling with many people.

Wow the markets even more crowded than last time.

Alright so let's look for truffles and honeysuckles.

Jing: honeysuckles should be easy to find, they're a pretty white flower.

Hm, alright, oh! There's someone selling white flowers! Those must be honeysuckles.

Jing: ooh! They're even prettier than I imagined!

Hm, how much should we get?

Jing: let's buy a lot! The ones we don't use we can put in vases around the castle!

Oh alright!

We buy a whole bunch of honeysuckle and start looking for the other ingredients.

Jing: hm... This man seems to be selling truffles. Do you know what truffles look like, Iseul?

Um, they're generally dark in color if I'm not mistaken.

Jing: these do look dark in color...

Hm... Then these might be truffles then.

Jing: how much for a pound of truffles, sir?

She asks the merchant.

Merchant: $1,200.

Wow, pretty pricey.

Jing: sigh... This will cut into our budget a bit, but hopefully Angel will like whatever it is we're making.

Hm, yeah... One pound is more than enough I'm sure right?

Jing: yep! Thank you!

She pays the man and bows after receiving the truffles.

Hm... What else do we need?

Jing: Garcia and pasquella~!

What are those?

Jing: hm... They sound like really pretty flowers~!

Hm the we have to look for flowers then I guess.

Jing: the kingdom's gardener has extensive knowledge on all kinds of plants, let's ask him!

Alright, let's go to him then.

The two girls travel to a greenhouse up on a far hill that overlooks the market.

Oh wow... That's a big greenhouse...

Jing: hello? Mr. Gardener? Are you home?

She knocks on the door.

The door suddenly opens.

Gardener: ah! Oh hello!

Jing: oh! Good evening sir! I was wondering if you could help us with our shopping list!

Gardener: oh! What is it that you need?

Jing: we're looking for Garcia and pasquella!

Gardener: Oh Garcia And Pasquella? Oh there's some in here, come I'll show you.

Jing: ah! Thank you so much!

Garndener: you're welcome! So here are the two plants this is what they look like.

Jing: oh! So pretty!

Gardener: would you like to take some?

Jing: oh! Yes please! How much?

Gardener: they are 12$ per bouquet.

Jing: oh! That's a pretty good price! One bouquet of each please!

Gardner: alright! He quickly makes a bouquet of Garcias and then a bouquet of Pasquellas and hands them to us.

Jing: thank you!

Gardener: have a nice day! He waves as we walk out.

Jing: yay~! We finished our shopping trip!

Yeah! Now let's hurry and get back to the castle.

Once you return, Xiumin thanks you and adds the ingredients to the pot of boiling water on the stove.

Oh~ so what is it you're making again? Does the recipe have a name?

Xiumin: ah, she didn't write down a name, but it seems like a pretty unique vegetable soup.

Oh! That's cool!

Xiumin: you can help by chopping up vegetables if you want.

Oh okay! I get a knife and begin chopping the vegetables up.

Jing prepares the spices and Xiumin finishes boiling the water.

I finish chopping the vegetables and Xiumin adds them into the water and mixes them with the spices.

Xiumin: dinner'a ready!

He calls once the soup is done.

We place the food in the dinning room and everyone comes in taking their seats.

Kris: wow~! This smells amazing!

Xiumin: ah does it! Angel here gave me the recipe!

She nods and bows.

We all take a sip of the soup curiously to see what it will taste like.

Luhan: hm! The flavor isn't strong but it's unique and good.

We all agree and continue to eat.

Jing: hm...? What's the matter Angel? Aren't you hungry?

I look over to see she hasn't even touched her food.

Luhan: she says that she's not feeling well and will eat later.

Oh really? Well hope you feel better soon.

She nods and takes a sip of water.

Hm... We soon finish out dinner, and Angel helps with the dishes again.

Jing: yawn... That soup was really good, but... I'm so sleepy... I don't think I can walk to bed...

She lays her head on the table.

Huh? Yah, come on! Don't sleep here! Get up... I'll walk with you back our room.

Kris: ah. What's the harm... In taking a little nap?

He leans back in his chair and closes his eyes.

Hm?

Tao falls asleep while leaning on Chen who has also slumped in his chair and closed his eyes.

Huh.... Why... Is everyone getting so sleepy... I suddenly yawn.

Luhan and Lay have both set their heads on the table. Snoozing peacefully and Xiumin has begun resting on the countertop of the sink.

What the... I try to open my eyes. But feel them closing.

The last thing you see before your eyes fully close is Angel walking down the hall.

I start hearing some grumbling and I slowly open my eyes looking around. Ugh... What happened...

Chen: ugh! Tao! Get off me! You drooled on my favorite shirt!

I look around, why did we fall asleep here?

Kris: I have no clue, but, ergh! Sleeping here is not good for my back!

I get up stretching, hey, where is Angel? Then I remember last nights image of her walking away from us.

Luhan: hm... I don't sense her presence in he castle... Did she decide to leave?

I scratch my head confused. Just like that?

Luhan: wait a minute... Sungam and Crystal left right? So there should only be 8 people in the castle and 9 if you include Angel, whether or not she's still here.

Yeah so? I look at him not sure what he's trying to say.

Luhan: I always keep track of the people in the dungeons and according to my records there's a person missing!

What?! Someone escaped!?

Kris: that's impossible! No one has ever escaped from the dungeons before!

Let's hurry and see who's missing!

Everyone runs down to the dungeons and Kris grips the bars of the empty dungeon, looking pale.

I look around trying to recall who is in the dungeon and who's the one missing. Then it hits me. ....Rose.....

Kris: Argh!!

He slams his fists against the wall.

Kris: how could this have happened!?

Luhan you said Angel might not be here correct? Do you think... She could've...?

Luhan: why would she...? Unless she was...!

Was what?

Luhan: if she was a spy from the western kingdom... She must have escaped with Rose!

Ugh! Unbelievable! What should we do?! Rose can't be all that powerful now right?! I mean she lost her army right?

Kris: no, but she's conniving and smart.

Ah...

Luhan: maybe if we find her... We can figure out what she's planning.

Kris: Many of her rogues were released and sent back to her kingdom because the dungeon couldn't hold them all.

Luhan: she's probably going to gather up her army and prepare an attack. Knowing her, she'll be stronger than before, somehow.

Then... What should we do...?

Kris: I think it's time for us to take a trip to the western kingdom.

Chen: are you crazy?

Wouldn't it be bad just to go to the western kingdom as ourselves?!

Luhan: that's why, we'll wear disguises. Plenty of her rogues left behind enough armor for all of us to use.

Well that's good then.

Tao: their armor has a helmet and a chain mail veil underneath so our faces shouldn't be seen as long as no one who'll recognize us looks too closely.

But, incase someone does recognize us...then?

Kris: We make a run for it.

Haa... Alright.

Luhan: Actually, Iseul.., Sungam left me a few notes about the abilities he gave you. Apparently you can change your own form at will.

Huh? Oh really?! Like into any form?

Chen: Ooh! Try it out now! Turn into me!

Erm.... Okay....? I close my eyes imagining Chen... Is this how I'm supposed to do this??? I wonder to myself. I open my eyes again... Um... I don't think I know how to....It didn't work....right?

Chen: er... Kind of...

Lay: you do sort of look like Chen...

Luhan: if Chen were a girl...

Chen: I look hot~

Ugh... I roll my eyes, well... I guess I'll have to practice this then.

Kris: maybe you should stick with female forms for now, try looking like someone we've never met before.

Never met before? Okay.

Luhan: or at least someone Rose has never met.

Er, okay I could turn into someone back at the human world.

Luhan: hm... Be careful who you choose since Rose is from the human world too.

Er, true she won't recognize one of the maids I'm sure. I could just turn into a look alike of one of them then.

Kris: sounds good. Alright, let's pack for the trip! We leave later tonight!

We all nod.

Jing: omo! I'm so excited!! This will be the first time I've left the kingdom in years!!

Oh wow really? Well I do remember you talking about getting out of the kingdom, but this isn't a vacation.

Jing: right!

She tries to hide her smile.

Jing: it really is exciting, though, isn't it?

Hm, well eh sure I guess.

I shrug.

Jing: I've never been to the western kingdom... I wonder if the others have...

Hmm maybe, are each kingdoms drastically different here?

Jing: well, this kingdom is surrounded by the magical forest and has a portal to the human world in the lake, not all kingdoms have that, some have colder terrains or warmer climates.

Oh~ that's cool!

Jing: traveling between kingdoms can be dangerous though if you're not used to the terrain. The western kingdom is surrounded by a desert.

A desert?! Ugh... Doesn't sound like it'll be an easy trip then...

Chen: that's right! It'll be a trip full of danger and peril!! So pack light! But don't worry! Your faithful protector will always be nearby!

Jing: Tao?

Chen: No! Me!

Pft great.

You and Jing finish packing and meet and the others by the front gate.

Luhan: the caravan is almost ready, everyone got everything that they need?

Yup! We all nod.

Kris: don't forget to pack plenty of water. Food is necessary but we'll die of thirst in the desert before we die of hunger.

We all make sure we have bottles filled with water and are finally ready.

It's a few hours just to get through the magical forest but Jing tries to make the time go by, by playing a game.

Jing: I'm thinking of something... Pink!

Pink?

Chen: is it... A flower?

Jing: nope!

Tao: is it pink icing on a cake!

Jing: haha! Nope! Try again!

Hm... Is it a dress?

Jing: oh! You're getting closer!

Luhan: it's Kris's pink tie from the wedding.

Jing: yah!! You cheated!

Ooh~ haha.

Kris smiles before leading the horses further down the trail and out of the magical forest where the road begins to turn to sand.

Are we already in the desert...? I look around.

The landscape seems to go on forever with hills and dunes of sand in the distance. The sky is dark with stars and the moon up in the air.

I look outside, making sure I don't see any wolves or snakes around.

Jing shivers from the cold air.

Jing: brr! Who knew the desert could be so freezing?

Kris: ah, did any one pack any scarfs or sweaters?

Chen: no, we were told to pack light! We didn't think we'd be traveling through a cold desert!

Kris: aish... Well we just have to bare the cold then.

Tao rubs his hands together and blows on them, while Lay moves a bit closer to Iseul unconsciously seeking warmth.

I gulp noticing him move closer, but don't say anything.

Do you guys know what kind of dangerous animals come around at night here? I read that there are wolves, snakes, and other dangerous animals... Do you think we'll encounter them?

Xiumin: I wouldn't worry about it too much. Only we're dumb enough to be out when it's this cold.

Haa that's true okay.

Jing finds comfort and warmth by squeezing in between Tao and Chen, while Iseul is a bit warmer between Lay and Xiumin. Luhan and Kris are warm from Kris's fire as he continues to drive the caravan through the desert.

We all become quiet in the caravan focusing on staying warm.

Everyone becomes a bit sleepy from the quietness and from the cold. Jing is the first to fall asleep, resting her head against the wall.

The rest follow and close there eyes falling asleep.

Suddenly the caravan jolts to a stop and Lay falls over from his resting position.

I slightly squirm in my sleep before ignoring whatever happened going back to sleep.

Kris: we're here.

He announces and looks back to see everyone sleeping.

Luhan: we still won't be seen get some rest for a bit he yawns you didn't have any sleep you need to be well rested...

Kris: I can't sleep, knowing that Rose is free and is no doubt planning her revenge.

Luhan sighs: shall I wake up the others then?

Kris: no, let them rest. I'll just take a walk.

He steps down from the caravan and begins walking, leaving footprints in the sand.

Luhan shrugs going back to sleep.

Soon enough morning comes and the caravan is scorching hot from the sun.

Ugh...I squirm opening my eyes feeling uncomfortable in this heat.

Lay pulls at his shirt, a bit sticky with sweat and Xiumin creates a bit of ice to cool himself off.

I slowly move out and take a look outside.

Um... Did we arrive already?

Luhan: yeah, we've been here for a couple hours now. Kris just went for a walk, but he should be back soon.

Oh alright.

Tao is the first to crawl out of the caravan and stretch. Feeling stiff after being in the caravan for hours.

The others also get out stretching.

Kris returns a few minutes later and the boys begin putting on their armor.

Tao: wow...it's even hotter with this thing on...he mumbles.

Kris: it up. I just want to get this mission over with as soon as possible.

Tao pouts but nods not saying anymore.

Jing ends up not wearing the armor because it's too big for her and ends up sitting and waiting in the caravan.

Jing: I wish there was something I could do...

Luhan: just stay here and guard the caravan.

Kris nods agreeing: it'll be too dangerous if you would come with us.

Jing sighs and leans against the arch of the caravan.

Jing: fine...

She pouts.

Lay: you think you got the hang of shape-shifting yet?

Lay turns to Iseul.

Hm, I think I got it.

Chen: well, you better. If Rose recognizes you, we're all going to the dungeons.

Er right.

The boys finish putting on their armor and head through the gates of the castle.

I watch the boys go before I quickly shape shift, into a maid and turn to Jing.

Jing: nope! You look great! But... Your voice still sounds the same...

Err does it? Hmm... I guess I'll try to make my voice more quiet and higher pitched.

Jing: if that doesn't work, you can pretend you're mute like Angel.

Oh! That's true! Maybe mute is a better idea instead! Thanks! I should get going now!

Inside, the kingdom seems vastly different from Kris's kingdom with very few people outside of their homes, the streets are quiet and littered with trash.

I keep my head low and continue to walk, I grimace seeing the trash everywhere.

Chen: I wonder why it's so quiet.

Xiumin: the streets back home are usually bustling with people this time of day.

Tao: maybe because the queen here doesn't care about the kingdom as much? Like the people in here... He says whispering.

Kris: it's because they're afraid... They know that she's back and angry... It's only a matter of time before she pulls some kind of new weapon out.

Tao: oh...

Sneaking into the castle is fairly easy, the other guards not even giving you guys a second look as you pass by.

We look inside the castle, seeing it's quite dark inside.

Kris looks around the corner and sees Rose in her throne being served by a couple of servants and a blonde haired boy speaking to her.

... I wonder what they're talking about... I whisper I look at Luhan, maybe he can read her mind and figure out something.

Luhan: new guards? Found in the lower areas of the western kingdom? Should teach them about us?

Luhan scrunches his nose as he focuses.

We all stay quiet waiting to see if Luhan can get anymore information.

Luhan: it sounds like Rose's kingdom has some new guards that are stronger than her rogues. We should keep an out for them.

Stronger!? Ah okay... we all nod.

Rose orders her guards to leave and suddenly the boys are forced to follow them.

Luhan: ah! Iseul! Stay close to Rose and figure out what she's up to! The others and I will speak to the other guards and gather information.

Ah! Okay! Got it!

I see the guys leave and I look around, trying to figure out how I can stay around her...

The blonde haired boy seems to notice you and motions you over.

I nod walking over.

??: you must be the new maid.

He smiles warmly.

??: I'm Rose's royal advisor and I suppose since the queen is busy I should show you around.

I give a small smile and nod.

The boy leads you to the kitchen where a shorter boy with dark hair is preparing a chicken.

I stand there watching the boy prepare chicken, he seems so focused.

??: D.O., this is the new maid, she'll be helping out in the kitchen from now on.

D.O. nods, looking at you with wide eyes.

I bow to D.O as a greeting.

??: oh! I almost forgot, I'm Suho, by the way and you are?

I remind myself I should be mute and then think of name and figure out how I should tell him. I look around to see some flour on the table and I walk over to the table and trace a name on it for him to see. "Hana" I wrote down.

Suho: oh, could she be like Angel?

Suho looks at D.O. who only shrugs.

D.O.: she's much more responsive than Angel.

I just smile at them and looking around the kitchen wondering what I should do to help out.

Suho: because the queen has returned we plan on making a big feast as celebration! We're going to need all the help we can get.

I nod understanding.

D.O.: here.

He hands you a large pot of water.

D.O.: boil this and then start cutting vegetables.

I nod and place the pot over the fire for it to boil. Then I grab a knife and start chopping.

??: hyung! I'm bored! Can't you take a break and hang out with me?

A taller boy with slightly tanned skin hopped into the kitchen and immediately clung to D.O.

I look at the two curiously then continue cutting the vegetables.

D.O.: yah! Kai! Don't distract me! The queen will get mad if you ruin dinner!

The boy named Kai pouts and takes a step back.

D.O. goes back to seasoning the chicken but accidentally dumps the whole contents of the pepper shaker when a really tall boy with curly brown hair runs into the kitchen.

I watch as the other boy runs in and then see D.O stare at the chicken with wide eyes.

??: come on Baekhyun! You're going to have to try harder than that to catch me!

??: Chanyeol!! You idiot!!

I look at the random scene confused a bit.

D.O. turns to them: what do you two think you're doing?

Baekhyun: Chanyeol stole my favorite book and I wasn't done with it! And then the idiot 'accidentally' burns it!

D.O: why are you in the kitchen? I don't care what happened between you two! Look what you made me do!! The chicken is ruined!

Chanyeol: ah! Sorry! I'll fix it right away!

He pulls D.O. aside and flames burst from his hands as he heats the chicken.

D.O: yah! You're gonna burn the chicken!

Baekhyun: just like he burned my book! I demand you pay for another copy!

D.O: aish...

Kai laughs at the scene until his eyes go wide and everyone panics as they realize that Chanyeol has set half the kitchen on fire!

Baekhyun: aish! Kai! Go get Suho-hyung!

Kai: ah! Right!

He disappeared in a flash of smoke and returned with Suho by his side.

I look at the scene before me unsure really what's going anymore.

Suho: ah!! You guys!! Again!? Seriously?

He raises his hands and a stream of water from the sink flows out, following the movement of his hands and over the fire until it's put out.

My eyes widen pretty amazed.

D.O: ah, thank you... Yah! You two get out of the kitchen!

Baekhyun hits Chanyeol who tries to protect himself as they both walk out. Kai continues to laugh while Suho just groans.

I look at the guys before finishing cutting the vegetables.

Another boy calmly walks into the kitchen, grabs a carrot and ignoring the mess, looks at Iseul.

??: who is this?

He asks, pointing the carrot at her.

I look at the boy but don't say anything.

Suho: ah, Sehun, this is Hana, she's a new maid.

I bow slightly at the boy, Sehun.

Sehun: hm...

He leans closer.

Sehun: she's kind of cute, are you sure she's just the maid?

I take step back suprised feeling myself blush a little and look down.

Kai: she is really pretty, hey, you wouldn't happen to have a boyfriend, would you?

He looks at Iseul.

I shake my head quickly.

Suho: yah! You guys! Don't flirt with the new girl!

I slowly step away from the guys feeling awkward and thankful Suho stopped them.

Sehun pouts.

Sehun: you're just upset that you don't have a cute girlfriend.

Kai: maybe he should date the queen~

Kai teases.

Suho looks at them disapprovingly.

Suho: if this is all, I'll get going. I have other things to attend to.

Baekhyun: hey, hey~! Can the new girl hang out with us?

Chanyeol: yeah, it's been awhile since we've just showed someone around the castle.

I look at the two guys surprised.

Suho: hm, well she doesn't know her way around the castle but, D.O do you still need help preparing the feast?

D.O.: ah... No, not really, the soup has to boil and I need to go to the market to buy a new chicken.

Suho: hm, alright you guys can show her around then, just don't freak the girl out.

Baekhyun: yay! Come on! We'll show you all our favorite hang out spots!

I nod and follow them.

Chanyeol: and from here you can see the whole kingdom!

He leads you up to one of the taller towers.

I look out and he's right you can see the whole kingdom.

Kai: this is where we usually go after we come back from training, but so far we've never been in an actual battle.

I raise my eyebrows slightly at them surprised a bit but just nod.

Sehun: the queen keeps saying that we'll get to battle soon, but to be honest I'm getting kind of antsy.

I nod again, but wonder to myself why she hasn't put them in battle, then realize he said they'll battle soon... Does that mean, it's part of her plan? I should keep this in mind I think to myself.

Chanyeol: yeah! Just wait until those warriors from the eastern kingdom see me! They'll run in fear!

I nod again, sighing on the inside. I highly doubt they'd fear these guys...

Baekhyun: I don't think anyone would be afraid of you.

Chanyeol: oh yeah!? You wanna battle this out in the training room!?

I smile seeing those two fighting, they remind me of Tao and Chen with their constant bickering.

Sehun: finally some action!

Kai: haha! Last one to the training room is a rotten egg!

He smiles and disappears.

Baekhyun: aw~ no fair! He pouts but races down the tower to the training room.

In the training room, Kai is already waiting with a fighting stance and Sehun laughs as he approaches.

I stand near the wall watching the guys get into their fighting positions.

Chanyeol's arms flare up and are lined with flames while Baekhyun's hands begin to glow a bright light.

I watch the two as Chanyeol shoots a fire ball at Baekhyun who dodges it. Baekhyun throws a ball of light that bursts and blinds Chanyeol for a moment.

Chanyeol: tsk! He then shoots more fire towards Baekhyun again.

On the other side of the room, Kai and Sehun are fighting using only their fists and kicking every so often.

I continue to watch as they continue to fight each other.

Their combat comes to an end with baekhyun and Chanyoel on the floor and Kai and Sehun sitting down.

The training room is a complete disaster with scorch marks on the walls and floor.

I look around, these guys' training is quite... Different to what I'm used to when I see the other's practice there's is a lot more controlled.

Chanyeol gets up to stretch.

Chanyeol: well I'm not cleaning this up.

Baekhyun: ugh, I'm not doing it!

Kai: let's settle this the old fashioned way!

He raises a fist.

Baekhyun: oh~ your on!  

The guys gather together with their fists.

All: Kai, bai, bo!

Kai: agh! I can't believe I lost!

Baekhyun: aww~ poor you!

Kai: aw, come on! I don't wanna clean by myself!

Baekhyun: too bad~!

I decide I might help, I'm bored anyway and step to the cleaning supplies nearby.

Kai: oh! Looks like the new girl is going to help me!

I nod and take a damp scrub  and start scrubbing the floor.

Chanyeol: well... It does seem unfair to make them do this all by themselves...

He grabs broom and Sehun silently starts washing the scorch marks off the wall.

Baekhyun: aish....

He starts helping too.

Soon the training room looks decent enough and Chanyeol collapses on the mats.

Chanyeol: ah! I'm tired!

The rest lie down for a bit again.

Kai: you're pretty quiet, what was your name again? Hana?

I nod again.

Chanyeol: we're pretty sure she's like Angel.

Sehun: well, Hana's much nicer than Angel!

I smile politely.

Kai: oh! We better get going! It's almost time for the feast!

We all get up and we walk out the door. I decide I should go to the kitchen.

D.O. is in the kitchen again, preparing another chicken and this time he seasons it to perfection and stuffs it in the oven.

I walk in and look around seeing if he might need any help.

D.O.: ah, so glad you're back! Could you help me make the dessert?

I nod.

D.O.: the queen requested a simple fruit salad, but don't add too much sugar, she doesn't like sweets very much.

I nod again and begin cutting the fruits.

D.O.: did the idiots drag you all over the castle and wear you out?

I smile and shake my head.

D.O.: they can be... Quite a handful...

I nod a little, slightly agreeing.

Once the fruit salad is done, Sehun and Kai help you set the table.

We place the plates and the food in the middle of the table and finish setting up.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun roll the cart with the chicken on it into the dining room.

The slowly place it on the table and the arrangements are all done.

A few minutes later Rose walks in with Angel by her side and she takes her seat at the head of the table. Everyone takes their seats. Suho and Sehun sit next to you.

I watch as Rose begins eating, and everyone starts to eat as well, but it's very quiet. After a few minutes of silently eating Rose stands up to make an announcement. Everyone instantly stops what they're doing and looks at Rose.

Rose: after my capture and imprisonment in the eastern kingdom, I was given time to reflect on my actions and plan for my next step of advancement.

No one speaks, I hold my breath waiting for her to speak again, seems like she'll tell everyone her plan?

Rose: many of my guards have been captured, teams A through H and many others have fled the kingdom in cowardice! But after years of training, it's finally time to let Team K lead the final attack that should bring down the eastern kingdom!

Team K? I wonder who they are... Wait, is it these guys!? I think to myself.

Sehun and Kai elbow each other looking a bit excited while Baekhyun looks like he might jump out of his seat any second.

So it is them... I have to find the guys and tell them about this soon! I think to myself.

Suho stands and bows to the queen.

Suho: as leader of Team K I wish to personally assure you that this mission will be accomplished in a quick and strict manner!

So he's the leader... The Queen looks at him and nods.

After the meal the queen excuses them and everyone moves to clear the table.

I take the dishes into the kitchen and wash them, I wonder where the others are, I need to tell them this! Unless they already got the information.

Suddenly there's some noise in the dining hall as you hear a plate drop and break.

I walk back to the dinning room to see what happened.

Sehun is on his hands and knees with Kai standing awkwardly beside him.

Rose: how dare you break one of my plates! This plate is more expensive than your life is worth!

I watch with wide eyes, I hope she doesn't do anything to the guys though...

Sehun: it was an accident... Please forgive me!

He bows his head to the floor. Rose looks at him disdainfully and kicks him to the side.

Rose: you're lucky I pulled you from your poor farm life and don't feed you to the wolves!

I chew on my lip, trying to calm myself, how can she say such things! She can't treat someone like that!

Kai stands in between them.

Kai: please! Forgive him just this once, your majesty!

Rose scoffs: why you little! I have no time for this! Be lucky I'm letting you off!

She says and storms out of them room. As soon as she leaves Kai helps Sehun up, who holds his side in pain.

Sehun: ugh! She's really stronger than she looks.

He groans. I walk over to them, looking at Sehun worriedly.

Kai: Hana! Will you take Sehun to the doctor? I think Sehun might've bruised a rib!

Sehun: I-it's not that bad!

He says, but grabs his side and groans again.

I nod taking Sehun's arm and placing it over my shoulders. You walk through the halls as Sehun tells you where to go, but instead of to the doctor he leads you to his room.

He slowly opens the door and I gently lay him on the bed, but look at him confused, why didn't he take me to the doctor's place?

Sehun sees your confused expression.

Sehun: let me explain, the doctor here, he's a joke, I'd rather let Suho wrap this up than let that man anywhere near an injury.

He holds his side and looks for the medicine box underneath the bed.

I see him take out the medicine box and tap on it, trying to say I'll help him.

Sehun: you know how to bandage a wound like this?

He looks at you.

I nod thanks to Lay he taught me how to bandage bruises and wounds I think to myself. I take the box from him and open it taking out the gauze, a spray, and cream.

Sehun lifts his shirt revealing a dark bruise against the pale skin and thin frame.

I grimace slightly, just for breaking a silly plate she kicks him, unbelievable.

I lightly spray the area first and use some cloth to lightly dab the area. I take out some cream and slowly begin rubbing it on his skin.

Sehun hisses at the contact.

Sehun: ah, it's cold.

I look at him apologetically and soon get gauze wrapping it around his body.

Sehun stands and moves around a bit.

Sehun: thanks.

He looks down.

I look out to see it's almost dark out, I pat at his bed trying to say he should get some rest.

Sehun: oh.

He looks at you and smiles.

Sehun: you wanna sleep in my room tonight?

!! I shake my head and try again.

I point at him and then pat the bed.

Sehun: you wanna sleep with me?

He raises an eyebrow.

Sehun: I mean I'm fine with it, but I don't think Suho will be.

I shake my head again, and sigh, then I point to him, then the bed then at his bruised area and put my hands together binging them up to my cheek and tilting my head to the side closing my eyes, trying to say you need sleep. I look at him hoping he understood.

Sehun laughs.

Sehun: I got you the first time, I was just messing with you.

What he did?! I make an "o" with my mouth then pout.

He pats you on the head and smiles.

Sehun: thanks again~

He crawls into bed and pulls he covers up.

I smile and wave before walking out of his room, closing the door behind me.

Kai meets you outside his room.

Kai: he refused to see the doctor again, didn't he?

I nod.

Kai: doesn't that idiot know that if he keeps ignoring his injuries they'll only get worse?

I don't even know how to explain he did apply cream and bandages to heal it. So I don't say anything.

Kai sighs and looks at you.

Kai: well, thanks for helping him. I just came to show you to your room.

I smile and nod as he shows me to my room.

Kai waves goodnight and closes the door.

I sigh and look around the room, it's small but cozy. I lie on the bed wondering how the others are doing and where they are now.

The next morning Jing greets you at the window.

Jing: good morning~!

Ah! Jing? I quickly open the window to let her in. Wait! What are you doing here?!

Jing: I got bored~!

But what if someone sees you?!

Jing: it's ok! When I'm in my fairy form I'm too small to see.

Haa... Alright, but still always stay alert okay?

Jing: of course! You too!

So... Have you met anyone interesting?

Yeah, I met a few people...

Jing: did you figure out Rose's plan?

Yeah I did! She told the plan yesterday.

Jing: have you heard from the guys yet?

No! I haven't even seen them after we split up! I have no idea where they are!

Jing: we should find them soon and figure out what we're going to do!

Right! We should! Let's get going!

Jing transforms into a fairy. Smaller than a butterfly with see through wings. And follows you through the castle.

I slowly walk around, but have no idea where the guys possibly could be. The tour yesterday around the castle wasn't really around the castle so I have no idea where to look.

Suho: ah, good morning, Hana! Are you looking for something?

I shake my head, I can't  "tell" him I'm looking for soldiers that'd be weird and suspicious and a bad idea.

Suho: hm, well, I think D.O. is waiting for you in the kitchen.

I nod and turn another way walking towards the kitchen and check to make sure no ones around then I whisper to Jing.

Do you think you can go look around and see if you can find the others?

Jing: aye aye! Captain!

She salutes and flies off.

I turn around and walk into the kitchen.

There, D.O. is busily preparing breakfast.

D.O.: ah! Good morning Hana! Did you sleep well?

He smiles and his lips form a heart shape.

I smile and nod I point at the breakfast wondering what he's making.

D.O.: just oatmeal today, since the queen isn't eating with us.

I look at him and mouth queen not eating?

D.O.: she doesn't really partake in meals with us often, but she doesn't want us wasting the good food on the soldiers.

I nod, but does that mean the guy's haven't eaten at all?!

He soon finishes with making the oatmeal and I pour the oat meal into the bowls.

D.O.: take these to the soldiers. They should be in the training rooms.

I nod and taking a cart with oatmeal to the training room. I open the door and walk in.

Kris and the others are training while Kai and Sehun are sparring.

Chanyeol: hey, who are the new guys?

He looks over at Kris and his group.

Kai: must be new recruits.

Baekhyun: alright! Listen up newbies! I'm Byun Baekhyun and I'm in charge around here!

Kai: since when?

He mutters and rolls his eyes.

Kris stands and calmly shakes Baekhyun's hand.

Kris: greetings, I am Kris, leader of team M.

Baekhyun nods.

Everyone introduces themselves and gets set for training.

Should I just wait until there done? I watch as the guys begin their training again.

Kai: oh! Hana! Sorry for making you wait! I'll take that!

He grabs the cart with the bowls of oatmeal on it.

I nod.

Kai: by the way, Sehun told me about how you patched him up. You're really something special, you know that?

I look at him, a bit confused, what's so special? I just helped him I think to myself.

Kai takes the bowls of oatmeal to the others and they begin eating.

Tao: oh! Thank goodness! We haven't eaten since yesterday! I'm starving!

Ah that's good, they're finally eating! I probably won't talk to them anytime soon. I guess I could try and talk to them some other time.

Chen: so... How do you guys usually train?

Kai: mostly sparring matches.

Chanyeol: we just throw everything we've got at each other!

Tao: really?

Baekhyun: yep! And I am the undefeated champion!

Chanyeol: you? Pshh please! No you're not!

Baekhyun: are too!

Xiumin: these guys sound like you and Chen!

He says to Tao.

Tao: ehh!? Really?

Lay: how did you hurt yourself?

Lay pokes at the bandage on Sehun's side.

Sehun flinches a little: ah, an accident...

Kai: but Hana bandaged him, herself! Like a professional doctor!

Lay: Hana did? Really?

Lay looks at you with a proud smile.

I smile back shyly.

Luhan looks at you but doesn't say a word, at least not out loud.

Luhan: Iseul! Use your abilities to tell me what kind of spirit animals these guys have and their powers.

Ah okay! Kai's power is teleportation, Baekhyun's is Light, Chanyeol's is fire, Sehun I'm not sure I haven't seen him use any power yet, and I don't know if you met Suho or D.O yet, but I know Suho's power is water, and D.O's I'm not sure about.

Luhan: knowing about their spirit animals as well helps us learn about their personalities.

Er right, I focus and look at each of them, trying to see what their spirit animal are.

Okay so Kai is... A wolf!

Luhan: that means he's tough, but playful at times, and extremely loyal.

Yeah the playful part is definitely him okay so next Chanyeol... He's a Phoenix!

Luhan: hm... I don't know much about Phoenixes, but they're like dragons, fire based attacks and very powerful.

Hmm okay, next is Baekhyun... He's a... He's some sort of wild cat...

Luhan: hm, then the description is in the name, he's wild and unpredictable.

Sounds like him, Sehun... Is a fox.

Luhan: oh, then we have to be careful of him. Foxes are tricky and deceitful.

I nod, but the other two Suho and D.O aren't here so I'm not sure what they are but I'll tell you once I get a chance to see their spirit animal.

Luhan: alright, also! Don't forget to keep a close eye on Angel. She's dangerous as well.

Ah! Okay I will!

Kris walks up to you handing you his empty bowl.

I take it and place it on the cart.

Kris: so, what do you think?

He whispers to you.

Kris: can these guys be trusted?

Haa... This is so long to explain, I'll tell Luhan and he'll explain things to you guys, okay?

Kris: alright, well... Continue to be careful, ok?

I nod, and you guys too!

Kris goes back to training with the others.

Soon everyone places the bowls on the cart and I walk back out taking the cart back to the kitchen.

D.O.: so how are the soldiers?

He asks, taking the bowls and setting them in the sink.

I give a thumbs up, meaning they're fine.

Luhan: is that one D.O.? He's so short...

Haa, be nice, let me take a look at his animal spirit. He's an... Owl.

Luhan: oh, he must be smart... Quiet... Not much else to say, it'd really help if we knew what his ability was.

Hm, he's always in the kitchen, so I don't know what his power could be.

Luhan: challenge him to a battle!

Huh? But they don't really know I fight though!

Luhan: well, there's really no other way for you to just ask what his ability is, is there?

Hmmm yeah I guess...

Suho: everything ok? D.O.? Hana? You look a little concerned about something...

I shake my head and look at Suho.

Luhan: oh, who's this one?

He's the leader of Team K, he's a swan!

Luhan: a swan? Hm... Calm, serene, not easily angered or quick to lose his temper. Hey, maybe you should get them to fight!

Get them to fight? These two don't seem like the type who'll fight easily...

Luhan: alright, fine... I have an idea... Get them to follow you to the training room.

Hm? Ah alright, are you gonna challenge them or something?

Luhan: just do what I ask, is that so hard?

Haa, okay okay.

I look back at D.O and Suho. I tap both of them to get their attention.

Suho: hm? Do you need something?

I nod and start walking turning around wave my arm to come with me.

D.O.: I think she wants us to follow her.

Suho: I wonder why?

Curiosity gets the best of them and they follow.

I lead them to the training room and open the door.

Chanyeol: Wah! Look out!

Chanyeol yells as a stray fireball heads straight towards you.

D.O. leaps forward and brings up a rock wall to block the attack.

My eyes widen and I blink trying to process what happened.

Luhan: well, now we know his power is earth based.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that.

Chanyeol: I'm so sorry about that, Hana! I don't know what happened! It's like some invisible force pushed my fireball towards you.

Luhan whistles innocently.

I look at Luhan, then D.O, Suho and I walk inside.

Luhan: I've been training with Sehun and it looks like his abilities are wind based.

Oh wind? That's cool.

Luhan: now that we know more about them let's see if we can find any weaknesses.

Hm, weaknesses, I don't know much about them, so I'm no help.

Luhan: it's called paying attention. Watch and learn.

Okay...

Luhan challenges Sehun to a sparring match and without using his abilities, he takes down Sehun by kicking his legs and pinning him.

Luhan: see that? He's fast, but fragile, if you manage to move faster than him, he's easy to take down.

Oh wow... Impressive...

Luhan: tell me what's happening when Chen is battling Baekhyun.

Chen and Baekhyun? I turn to see the two.

Luhan: watch their battle and tell me what's going on.

Okay... They both square up against each other... Then suddenly out of nowhere Baekhyun launches himself at Chen. Chen pushes him back easily and he s himself foreward again... Baekhyun doesn't seem to really use strategy or think things through when fighting... Chen notices the way Baekhyun doesn't seem to use any sort of strategy and as he comes at Chen again he doges it and kicks him making him lose his balance in surprise and falling.

Luhan: very good, how about Tao and Kai?

I look over at Tao and Kai they're both sparring. Kai seems quite strong, and goes strait ahead pushing continuously fighting forward. Kai doesn't seem to take a single break and keeps on attacking, but his attacks slow down, as he starts to get tired. Tao takes this as an opportunity and pushes him back, attacking him and soon even Kai loses.

Luhan: so, you see Kai's weakness?

Yeah, he uses all he's got all at once, not even paying attention to areas where he should save his energy for a bigger attack.

Luhan: good, who's left?

Um, Suho and D.O and Chanyeol.

Suho: why did I come here again?

Luhan: don't be a wet blanket! Come train with us!

Kris and Chanyeol take a stance and begin to fight. Chanyeol just throws fireballs where ever not really paying attention to his target. Kris is quick to take him down using his strength.

Chanyeol groans.

I look over to Suho and D.O are they not gonna train?

Suho: hehe, I'm really not much of a fighter...

Luhan: oh c'mon! A little training won't hurt!

D.O. bows to Xiumin and he bows in return. They begin to train. D.O is quite powerful and takes his time paying attention to Xiumin's moves. Xiumin starts by throwing snowballs, while D.O. is slow he is able to protect himself using a stone wall. D.O then brings a rock under Xiumin, lifting him into the air and tilts the rock so he falls off it.

Xiumin: wha-!? Haha! Ok, ok! You win!

He laughs. D.O smiles and bows again.

Luhan: looks like your opponent is Lay.

He turns to Suho.

Lay: it's ok, I'm not much of a fighter either.

Suho smiles before bowing. They take their stances and begin sparring.

We watch as the two go against each other, seeming like they match in strength.

Luhan: why aren't you using your ability?

He asks Suho.

Suho: er, well because Lay isn't using his.

Oh so he's a fair fighter... I think to myself.

Luhan: his power isn't really attack based, go ahead, let him have it.

Lay: it's ok, really.

Lay smiles.

Suho: err, alright...

Suho gathers up some water and makes into what looks like a whip and wraps it around Lay's leg and pulls his leg.

Lay: whoa!

Lay tries to shake it off, but then kicks his other leg on the whip and the water disperses.

Luhan: hm... Impressive.

Suho: err, thanks...

Lay jumps forward and pins Suho to the ground.

Luhan: don't get distracted!

Baekhyun: oh we're done~?!

Suho: yeah, I'm not used to fighting and D.O. needs to get back to the kitchen.

D.O: ah that's right! I should get going now!

Suho: thanks for the training guys! See ya at lunch!

He waves and closes the door.

Luhan: no, thank you.

He mumbles to himself.

 

I look at the guys, I should probable get going too, I don't have much I can do here, I probably need to help D.O. I think to myself and walk to the door.

Back in the kitchen Rose is in there, tasting one of the dishes that D.O. is working on.

I hesitate to walk into the kitchen but that might be suspicious if I'm not in the kitchen either so I slowly walk in.

Rose: I have to say, I'm highly disappointed by your work recently.

She tells D.O. who does his best to keep a straight face.

I watch the scene quietly, poor D.O he works so hard, I don't think his food is bad at all...

D.O.: I understand your majesty, I'll work harder in the future.

Rose: I expect as much.

She turns and walks out, Angel following her close behind.

I walk over to D.O and pat his shoulder before looking at what he made. It looks like an interesting dish with kimchi and spaghetti.

It looks delicious, my mouth starts watering. I pat D.O on the shoulder and point to the dish then me pretending to eat, asking if I can try it.

D.O.: oh, you haven't eaten yet have you? Here, someone might as well eat it since the queen isn't going to.

He pulls out a bowl and puts some of the mixture in it and hands it to you.

I smile and take bite and chew it.

D.O.: I'll take that as a yes.

He smiles and puts some in several bowls and hands them to you to put on the table.

I take the bowls out and place them on the table. Everyone starts coming into the dinning room.

Kai: whoa! What is this!?

Kai takes a huge bite and swallows.

Kai: this is delicious!

I nod agreeing and notice D.O smiling happily.

Xiumin: you have to give me the recipe! I really enjoy cooking too!

D.O: oh you do!? I'll give you the recipe!

D.O. and Xiumin begin chatting in a friendly manner while Kris speaks to Suho.

Kris: as the royal advisor don't you ever think that the actions of your queen are questionable?

Suho: questionable? Well... It's something I don't think about and avoid my mind from straying in that direction.

Kris glances at Luhan.

Luhan: you don't ever feel like... Wavering?

Suho sighs but doesn't say anything.

After the meal Xiumin helps D.O. wash dishes in the kitchen.

I walk over to Luhan wondering if anything happened, and if they have any plan yet.

Luhan: we know that these guys are strong, but from what we've seen they're pretty easy to beat. If Rose is gonna use them to attack us we won't have a problem.

Oh, alright I guess we don't have anything to worry about then.

Chen: the problem is that these guys aren't bad, they're a lot like us.

Kris: and knowing Rose, if they fail her, she'll ruin their lives.

I nod, remember Lay asking about Sehun's bruise? Rose was the one who kicked him cause he dropped a plate....

Tao: it'd be really helpful if they were on our side.

Lay: but they seem really loyal to the queen.

True, I wonder what makes them stay so loyal, it can't just be fear can it?

Luhan: fear and the fact that they have been here for years. Even when Kris was in his angry and depressive mood, we still stayed loyal to him.

Ah, but if possible I'm sure we can somehow get them on our side...

Lay: they are really nice people, maybe if we show them that we're friendly too...?

Hm, that might work especially in building trust between them.

Kris: we have to be careful, if we're found out we might betray their trust.

Haa... That is a problem too...

Kris: I think the plan for now, is gain their trust and take down Rose.

We all nod agreeing.

Jing: guys! Guys!

Jing flies towards you guys.

Chanyeol: whoa! How'd that butterfly get in here?

Jing: I've been secretly following Rose and Angel and they're planning something bad.

Bad? What is it?

Jing: apparently team K is going to travel with the rest of her soldiers to the eastern kingdom and destroy it, what are we supposed to do?

Oh! Yes, this was the plan she told us earlier, well.... But do you know when they'll start the attack?

Jing: tomorrow!

What!!? So soon... What do we do...!?

Jing: there's something even worse...

Oh god, what's even worse?

Jing: she has these stones, or something, they're magical, and they boost their powers.

Magical stones?

Kris: quick everyone put on their helmets, Rose is coming!

As everyone places there helmets on Rose walks in.

Jing hides behind Kris's helmet as Rose orders team K to stand in front of her. They all walk over and stand in a line in front of her.

Rose: I want everyone here for a mandatory practice session! Use these stones.

She hands them each a small stone with symbols written on them.

So those were the stones Jing was talking about...

Rose turns to you and the others.

Rose: you will train with them!

Rose points at Kris and the rest of the guys.

The guys all nod.

In the training room, Suho looks questionably at his stone while Chanyeol grasps his and a bright light emits from it.

I watch curiously wondering what it really does.

Chanyeol lights up with flames in his hands.

Chanyeol: alright! Who wants to face me?

I look at the guys wondering who'll go against him.

Kris steps forward and Chanyeol grins.

Chanyeol looks so confident in beating him this time, I'm a bit worried.

Chanyeol throws a couple of fireballs and this time they're bigger and faster. Kris has to move quickly to barely dodge the attack.

Ugh, those stones really make them powerful...

Baekhyun grasps his stone and battles with Chen. His bright light blinding Chen, allowing him to get a few hits in.

The other soon grasp their stones and begin battling.

Sehun creates a small tornado and knocks Luhan back. D.O. picks up a huge boulder and throws it at Xiumin who's foot gets caught underneath.

I look at them nervously, this isn't good at all...

Kai moves quickly, disappearing here and there in the blink of an eye, Tao has difficulty keeping up until Kai gets the drop on him and kicks him from behind.

What are those stones? How can they give them so much power!?

Suho hesitantly holds his stone tighter and starts with an orb of water in his other hand.

I watch hoping Suho isn't gonna be hard on Lay, unlike the others.

Suho tosses one orb after another and Lay dodges them until one attaches to his head. He gasps and scratches at the orb.

Luhan: stop it! He's drowning!

My eyes widen Suho let the orb go!!! Please!! I want to yell.

Suho looks like he's in a trance and Kris steps forward and shakes him until the stone falls out of his hand. The water orb falls and Lay takes a deep breath.

I run over to Lay, you okay? I whisper.

He coughs, water spilling out of his mouth and Luhan pats him the back.

Lay: ack! I-I'm ok!

He wheezes.

I sigh relieved and look at Suho.

Kris: what is wrong with you!? Are you trying to kill my friends!?

Kris grabs his collar, looking at him angrily.

Suho: what!? I, no!!

Chen: calm down, man!

Chen puts a hand on his shoulder.

Kris breathes heavily glaring at Suho but let's go of his collar.

Kai: I felt really powerful, but at the same time, like I had difficulty controlling myself...

He looks at the stone in his hand.

Those stones...aren't to help them, but seems like Rose's way of controlling these guys.

Chanyeol drops his stone.

Chanyeol: there's no way, I'm using that thing again if it's that dangerous!

Beekhyun: you're right!

They all drop their stones looking at them with disgust.

Rose: you will pick up your stones and use them on the attack of the eastern kingdom tomorrow!!

She walks into the training room and the boys make sure they have their helmets on.

We all look at Rose surprised by her sudden appearance.

Rose: these stones are incredibly powerful magic, but you will learn to control them with time and training!

The boys stare at the stones unsure if they really want to pick them up again.

Rose glares at them.

Rose: if you do not pick up your stones I will send you to the wolves to be eaten!

The boys eyes widen, before they bend down picking up the stones.

Rose: keep your stones on you at all times, so that you get used to the influx of power and soon, the eastern kingdom will be ours!

The boys look down, nodding.

Rose takes one last look around the room and exits. The boys breathe a sigh of relief.

The room stays quiet for a bit, having a tense atmosphere.

Suho: I-I'm really sorry, Lay.

Suho turns to the healer, who looks at him a bit warily.

Suho: I don't know what came over me... I...

Lay: hey, it's alright, I'm fine, see?

Suho nods but still looks upset over what happened.

D.O.: why don't Xiumin and I prepare dinner while the rest of you relax?

They all nod and D.O. and Xiumin leave the room.

Luhan leans down and whispers to you and Kris.

Luhan: ok, the situation just got a whole lot more serious.

Yeah, I can tell...

Kris: we have to stop Rose before she takes team K to the eastern kingdom!

Jing: but how?

She sits on his shoulder.

Hmm, they do seem unhappy to use those stones, so we could either steal them away from the guys, or, we could convince them without Rose being aware of it to let go of the stones...

Luhan: I don't know, they do seem pretty scared of her, she might punish them if they lose those stones.

Haa....that's true...

Kris: I think the number one thing here, is to earn their trust, make it known that we're on their side and just want to help them.

Hm, true, but we don't have a lot of time, but that's the only reasonable thing to do, it seems.

Luhan: the second thing is to take down Rose! She's too dangerous, she needs to be stopped one way or another!

But how? It doesn't seem like it'll be that easy to take her down, plus she always has Angel by her side.

Luhan: Angel is dangerous, but I've been reading her mind and I found something very interesting~

Oh really? What is it?

Luhan: apparently Angel has a weakness for very cute animals~ for example, Xiumin's spirit animal.

Oh~! Does she? I didn't expect that.

Kris: everyone has a weakness and we've found hers.

So are you saying we'll use Xiumin's spirit animal as a way to distract her?

Kris: exactly! She loses one of her best defenses, allowing us to get closer.

Oh~ alright then!

Kris has everyone gather in the training room while team K is making dinner in the dining room.

We wait for Kris to tell us the final plan and what we need to do.

Kris: tomorrow is when Rose is launching the attack against our castle, with those stones, they'll be too powerful to defeat, which is why we have to stop them before they get there!

We all nod agreeing.

Luhan: the first move is to distract Angel. Rose's main line of defense, we don't know much about her, besides the fact that she's dangerous.

We nod again and I look at Xiumin who Luhan said would be the bait to distract Angel.

Xiumin: I'll keep Angel busy, but I can't guarantee for how long.

Luhan: right! We don't know how long we'll be able to distract her but we will have to work with whatever time we have and not waste it!

Chen: after Angel is out of the way, how do we convince team K to help us?

Luhan: hmm, we need to use the fear they have for Rose and turn it into a way for them to want to break free from her.

Tao: I think they trust us, but their loyalty to Rose is also pretty strong.

Luhan: that's true...

Lay: we just have to stay positive and know that they'll do the right thing!

Luhan: well, I guess that's the best we got.

Kris: we can't let Rose leave this castle, we will stop her at any cost!

We all nod determined.

Kris: alright, get some sleep, we have a big day tomorrow.

We all walk out of the training room.

Jing flies over your shoulder.

Jing: are you nervous?

Hmm, now that you mention it, somewhat are you?

Jing: I'm terrified! You saw how strong those guys are with those stones! What if they...?

Jing, you also know those guys don't like those stones either, they aren't bad guys... I have faith in them.

She smiles.

Jing: you're right!

Haha alright.

Jing: sleep well!

She calls out and finds a small pile of blankets to curl up in.

Good night~

I get in bed falling asleep.

The next morning is filled with tension in the air as team K and team M put on their armor and stand in front of the queen. Team K is holding onto their stones tightly.

I watch from the side along with Jing hiding behind me to not be seen.

Rose: today is the day we finally take down the eastern kingdom and it's tyrannical king! Because of their refusal to sign the peace treaty giving me access to their kingdom, we shall take it by force!

Everyone stays quiet listening to Rose speak and Team K nods.

Angel stands near her as she delivers her speech. No one seems to notice as Xiumin sneaks out and returns in his spirit animal form.

I watch as Xiumin hops around trying to get Angel's attention.

Rose: and furthermore-! Angel! Are you paying attention?

She turns to her guard who suddenly runs after Xiumin. He makes a break for it and hops out of the castle towards the garden.

I hide my smile, well this part of the plan is successful.

Rose: sigh... I knew I shouldn't have gotten such an easily distracted spy...

Rose continues to blabber about the plan and how she will take the kingdom and so on.

Rose: now! Let's move out and reclaim what is rightfully mine!

Team K begins to move, but the rest of team M stands in front of them and stops them.

Team K looks at them confused.

Suho: what are you guys doing?

Kris: sorry about this, but we can't let you take the eastern kingdom.

Suho: huh? What are you talking about?

Rose: team K! Destroy them and move! I will allow no one to stand in my way!

Suho looks at Rose then at Kris then the others.

Luhan: you don't have to listen to her! She's not your queen! She's a dictator and only wants power! If you follow her, you'll soon be thrown away like the rest of her minions!

Team K looks at each other unsure.

Rose: what do you fools think you're doing!? Attack them and fulfill your mission!

Suho:...we can't go against our queen...

He whispers and looks at the guys apologetically.

Chanyeol is the first to attack and push Kris back. The others soon follow forcing team M to move.

Kris: I didn't want to do this, but if that's how it's going to be...

Team K looks unwavered by Kris's threat and stands strong waiting for their move.

Kris lights his hands with flames and Chanyeol does the same and they grapple with each other.

Chen shoots a lightening bolt between the others and Chanyoel and Kris fighting, getting their attention.

Sehun blows a gust of wind that forces team M to scatter.

Chen faces baekhyun the nearest to him and smirks, shooting a bolt towards him.

Baekhyun does his best to dodge and fight back with bursts of light. D.O. throws small rocks at Luhan and hits Kris's helmet knocking it off.

Rose gasps: Kris!?

Rose looks at him fuming: Kill them all! Don't show any mercy!!

Baekhyun: k-kill!? Did she say kill!? No one said anything about killing!

Rose: you heard me! Or else you'll die with them!

Luhan: you don't have to do this!! You know what the right choice is!

Baekhyun: I-I... He looks at Luhan and then looks down seeming to try to figure out what he wants to do.

Rose: you spineless-! You can't do anything right!

She runs forward and grabs the nearest person, throwing his helmet off. Lay gasps at the sudden attack.

My eyes widen w-what is she doing!!?

Rose holds a stone of her own in her hands, but hers is a much darker color than team K's.

Rose: these stones not only strengthen, but they give me my own abilities!

Everyone looks at her with wide eyes as the stone glows.

Rose holds Lay around the throat and he chokes as her grip tightens and her hands emit a purple light.

Lay!! I yell out.

Chen: yah!!

He shoots lighting bolts at Rose.

She holds up her other hand and the bolts are deflected by some kind of force field.

Kai: sh-she's not really going to kill him, is she!?

Kris: she might!

He shoots fireballs at her but are deflected again.

Jing: we have to help him!

Suho: this isn't what we wanted! I thought... I thought we were just doing our jobs, but...

Rose cackles: you fools!

I look at Rose, I don't think that field is surrounding her.

I quietly walk without anyone noticing turning into a tiger and slowly stalking towards Rose before launching myself at her.

Rose notices you and dodges your attack, but also releases Lay who falls to the ground, clutching his throat and coughing.

I run over getting between Rose and Lay. I glare at her watching her movements.

Luhan tries to help Lay recover while Rose looks at you.

Rose: ah, Iseul, I thought you might be here. Don't bother trying to attack, I'm stronger than ever before!

I look at her: is that so?

Jing: don't underestimate us! Iseul is stronger too! She has new abilities thanks to Sungam!

Rose raises her eyebrows and looks at me. I smirk and slowly walk towards her.

Rose: I'm very curious to see these new so called abilities!

I'm also curious about your strength as well Rose...

I say calmly.

She smiles and her hands light up again. A powerful force causes everyone to fall to the ground.

Kris: sh-she's controlling the gravity somehow! I-I can barely stand!

My eyes widen I try to get up but I can't! I try to think of all the things Luhan said Sungam left about what other powers I have.

Rose: this is true power!

She laughs.

Rose: now watch as I slowly kill your friends in front of you!

She calmly walks over and puts a foot on Kris's back.

Kris: augh!

She smiles as she presses her foot on Kris harder.

Suho: s-stop! You don't have to kill! This isn't right!

Suho struggles to stand.

Rose: oh? I don't have to kill?

She laughs and smirks at Suho.

Rose: then kill him for me, so I don't have to.

Suho stares at her blankly.

Suho: wh-what?

Rose shrugs: you heard me, you said I don't have to kill, so instead of me, you'll kill him!

She tosses him a small blade and releases him from the gravity hold. He slowly stands and approaches Kris who looks up at him with pleading eyes.

Suho's hands shake as he holds the blade looking at him.

Rose: I'm waiting, Suho.

She says starting to get impatient.

Jing: don't do it!!

Jing screams.

Suho hesitates, but looks up. In a sudden move he throws himself forward pushing Rose off Kris. Her hold on gravity breaks and everyone starts getting up.

Rose: w-why you ungrateful-!!

She gets up breathing heavily furious.

Suho: Team K! To my side! Sehun! Keep her back with a constant current of air! Baekhyun, keep her distracted! Chanyeol and Kai, you move in closer and attack!

They all nod and Sehun blows a strong current of air towards Rose and Baekhyun shines a bright light at her.

Suho: D.O.! You and I are on defense! Protect the others!

D.O: understood!

Jing: wow! He's such a cool leader!

Kris: hmph! I won't be upstaged! Tao and Chen! Front line of attack! Luhan and Lay! Defense!

They all nod getting into their positions.

Rose screams in annoyance and suddenly the gust of wind is pushed back towards us and baekhyun's light suddenly stops shinning.

Rose: you will all pay for your treason!

Her hands glow and suddenly everyone grasps their heads in pain.

Chen: agh!! W-what is g-going...

He clutches his head in pain.

Luhan: s-some kind of m-mental attack! Urgh! If we don't do something soon! Our brains will be soup!

We h-ave to get the stone away from her!

Luhan uses his telekinesis to grab a nearby vase and smash it over Rose's head. She drops the stone and falls to the floor.

Luhan again uses his telekenesis and grabs the stone.

Luhan: argh!

He drops it as if it's too hot to touch.

Luhan: the amount of power in this stone is... Unfathomable!

Rose gets up clutching her head and laughs: you fool, only I can be able to hold that stone and control it!

Chen: you might not be the only one, you crazy old bat!

He runs over and kicks the stone over towards Iseul.

I look over at Chen surprised.

I-I....

I look at the stone slowly picking it up holding it in my fist.

At first the stone burns, but slowly cools until it's simply warm enough to hold.

I look at the stone again and smirk looking at Rose.

Rose watches you carefully as everyone stands around her, waiting for her next move.

Hmm let's see... I slowly walk closer to her, and crouch next to her, this stone... I say looking at it. I don't need it to help defeat you, and I'll make sure these stones will be destroyed!

Her face cringes in anger.

Rose: you want to destroy the very thing that makes you powerful!? You really are stupid!

Haha no, I get up and look at the stone and use my super strength to crush it until it becomes nothing but dust and let it fall from my hands.

Rose watches as the dust falls from your hands and is carried away by the wind.

Rose: you fool!

She screams and kicks at the ground. D.O. holds her down so she can't move.

I raise my eyebrow at her as she screams and tries to get away from D.O's grasp.

I look at the guys, what should we do with her?

Chen: put her in the dungeon where she belongs!

And this time make sure she never escapes!

At this moment, while everyone is discussing what they should do with her, Angel returns with a white rabbit in her arms. When she sees Rose, she drops Xiumin and runs over to her and pushes D.O. off.

D.O: oof! What the-?!

Angel hisses and her spirit animal form is seen. A large snake with black and green scales.

Chen: holy cow...!!

She surrounds Rose and her head arches over and hisses again looking down at all of us.

Luhan: what the-!?

Rose smiles and grabs onto Angel as they both escape the castle and disappear into the desert.

Kris: agh! They got away!

Suho: so what do we do now?

We have to find them! We can't let them escape! Who knows what harm they could cause!

Luhan pats your back.

Luhan: let's let them go for now. Rose has no more power, so she's no threat at the moment.

Haa... Alright... I nod.

Sehun: we just lost our queen and now our castle is in ruins...

They all look around sadly at the castle.

Xiumin: we'll stay and help you guys clean up.

He smiles and Suho thanks him.

Chen: alright let's get started!

D.O. uses his powers and strength to put most of the stones back in their place while Suho and Xiumin clear the floors of debris. Sehun gets all the dirt out of the castle by creating a gust of wind.

Soon after all the hard work, we get the place cleaned up.

Kai: there seems to be one more problem...

I look over at Kai.

What is it?

Kai: well, we really are thankful that Rose isn't our queen anymore, but... Our people still live in poverty and poor conditions because of her... Without a queen, how will our people survive?

Oh... Um... I look over at Kris it is something he is most capable of helping with.

Kris: as much as I'd like to help you guys, I have to think about my own kingdom first and it's problems. Don't you have someone who could take over as the ruler?

Baekhyun: someone who could take over...? Oh! Suho!?

Suho: m-me!? N-no way! I'm just the royal advisor! I don't know how to take care of an entire kingdom!

Chanyeol: but you have the most knowledge on how to take care of the kingdom!

Kris: look, handling a kingdom isn't easy, the responsibility is stressful at times, but mostly rewarding and people look up to you.

He puts a hand on Suho's shoulder.

Kris: you'll make a great king. I'm sure.

Suho: ah, really? Thank you! I'll work hard!

Kris smiles and Xiumin  jumps up and laughs.

Xiumin: now let's prepare a real meal to celebrate!

D.O: oh! Alright! Xiumin let's go and make the food!

They head to the kitchen while the rest of the boys set up the dining hall.

The boys soon finish up with cooking and we all take our seats ready to eat.

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen laugh as they discuss something and D.O. rolls his eyes, but he smiles as well. While Tao, Sehun and Kai talk about being the youngest but also the best fighters and Luhan just rolls his eyes.

I smile seeing the guys enjoying their time.

Soon dinner comes to an end.

Kris: we should get back to our own kingdom, but feel free to call on us for help, anytime.

Suho: oh! Thank you all for your help!

Xiumin: ah! We didn't do much! Really!

Lay: please don't thank us too much, honestly we did cause most of the trouble.

Suho shakes his head and smiles.

Baekhyun: you better come back and visit us soon, you hear?

Chanyeol: yeah, it gets boring around here pretty quick!

Chen: haha we will! You should come to our place sometime too!

Sehun: maybe we'll trash your place in return.

He smiles and Kai has to cover his mouth to keep from laughing.

Tao: ah well... He chuckles.

Jing: thank you for having us and for all the fun!

Jing bows, finally able to return to her full form.

Baekhyun: whoa~!

He smiles at Jing and bows back.

Kris and everyone else waves as they get into their caravan and drive away.

I sigh resting my back on the caravan.

Lay: well that was fun, and exhausting.

He laughs.

Haha that's true...

Xiumin: think they'll be alright on their own?

Luhan: should we have stayed there a bit longer?

Um... Well if they do need help they'll tell us right? I think they'll be alright.... Hopefully.

Kris: Suho lacks confidence, but he's smart and has a lot of common sense. He and the rest of them will do just fine.

Chen: Well if Kris thinks they'll be fine then I'm sure they'll be fine.

Tao: also, it's not like we've ever been in a situation we can't handle.

Chen: that's true.

As the caravan approaches the eastern kingdom, Kris squints his eyes noticing someone standing in front of the gates.

Kris: who is that?

The caravan comes to a stop and we all get out looking at the direction Kris is looking at.

Sungam: hey~! What's up guys? Miss me?

Oh! Sungam?!

Sungam: guess who's back~!

I look at him confused.

What are you doing here?

Sungam: ah... Crystal's parents didn't like the fact that she was hanging out with a human so they kicked me out of the kingdom...

Ouch, I see.

Sungam: but, hey! It's all good, because I get to hang out with my favorite people again!

Favorite people huh?

I chuckle.

Sungam: of course!

He throws an arm around Jing who looks at him weirdly.

Sungam: and since my relationship with Crystal didn't exactly work out, I might as well start looking for other options.

Kris: ahem!

He clears his throat and takes his arm off Jing.

Sungam: oh, right! I forgot you two got married! How's that working out?

Kris: ah that... Let's not stand out here and get inside it's late.

Sungam: hm? Alright! I am hungry after a long day of traveling!

Xiumin: oh! I'll go make you something!

Xiumin walks inside to the kitchen.

Jing: I'll help!

She runs after him and they begin making a warm soup for everyone.

The rest just set up some bowls at the dining table.

Sungam takes a seat and puts up his feet on the table.

Sungam: so! What's everyone been up to since I left?

Sungam sit properly will you?

I point to his feet.

Sungam: when did you become such a mom?

He puts his feet down.

Wha?! A mom?

I roll my eyes.

Sungam: haha! You all look so tired, what happened?

Haa... Well, Rose escaped, we went to her kingdom fought, she escaped and yeah that's about it.

Sungam: whoa! Sounds... Eventful, I really missed a lot.

Haha yeah...

Sungam: you didn't get hurt, did you sweetie?

He turns to Jing as she hands out the bowls of soup.

Kris looks at Sungam annoyed.

Jing: er... Here, ya go.

He takes the bowl and drinks it without using a spoon.

Are you that hungry you can't use a spoon?

Sungam: I've gotten bored with the whole uptight and using manners thing. I'm no longer a prince, so I shouldn't have to act like one.

Oh? Last time I remember you complaining about the fact that you weren't being treated like a prince.

Sungam: of course I miss being treated like one, but acting humble and polite all the time gets sooooo boring.

Huh? Is that so? Alright then.

Sungam: so, I'm guessing I get the same room? Or is the room near Jing and Iseul open?

Kris:... You get the same room.

Sungam: that's fine~

We finish the soup and get ready for bed.

Outside of Sungam's room Jing is talking to the owner.

Jing: look, I know that your relationship with Crystal didn't work, but, I'm sure there are other girls who would gladly date you.

Sungam: of course other girls would date me.

He laughs then looks back at Jing.

Jing pouts.

Jing: what I meant is... Don't feel bad that it didn't work and please don't cause trouble for Kris and the others.

Sungam: hm? Cause trouble? Why would I cause trouble?

He smiles.

Jing: we both know what you're like... I just... I know you're a good person, please don't make me doubt that.

Sungam: hm? Alright! He pats her head.

Jing: good night, Sungam. Stay out of trouble.

She bows and heads to her room.

I see Jing walk in.

Hey, where were you?

Jing: hm? Oh, nowhere.

? Ah, alright, well let's get some sleep good night!

Jing: goodnight!

She blows out the candle and gets into bed.

The next morning~

Xiumin: breakfast is ready!

We all walk in taking our seats and begin to eat breakfast.

Luhan: oh! Hey! You guys! It's king of the castle week!

King of the castle week?

I look at him confused.

Tao: really!? Already? I thought we still had a few more days.

Chen: Ooh! This is going to be fun!

Huh?

I look between Tao and Chen still confused.

Lay: king of the castle week is a week where we battle everyday and the winner gets to be king for a day.

Oh~ that's cool.

Chen: haha! Lay never wins, though. He always takes care of the injuries afterwards though.

Oh haha.

Tao: Kris is really hard to beat, he almost always wins, unless the others team up to take him down.

Hmm, so does Kris always win, has anyone else won?

Xiumin: Luhan was king for a day and that was a disaster.

Haha really what did he do?

Tao: nothing, just bossed us around all day until Chen got sick of it and electrocuted him.

Omg really!? Haha.

Luhan: I was a good king.

He grumbles.

So are you guys gonna battle now?

Kris: shall we?

He gets up and stretches.

Kris: I'm looking forward to seeing who has a chance.

Tao: alright let's do this!

Sungam: mind if I join?

Kris: huh? Well, if you want to sure.

He shrugs.

Jing: are you sure about this Sungam? You don't have any abilities, you could get hurt.

Sungam smiles: haha Jing! It's fine! Its all for fun!

Lay: hey, Iseul! Why don't you try?

What? Me? Um... I guess so why not?

Luhan: alright! First round! Kris, Sungam. Iseul, Chen and Tao!

Okay!

The field is set up and Tao grabs his bo staff. Chen tosses a ball of electricity between his hands and Sungam takes a fighting stance.

I look between the guys  and wait for the round to begin.

Xiumin puts two fingers to his lips and whistles, signaling the start of the match.

Chen: alright!

He shoots the small ball of electricity near Sungam.

Sungam jumps out of the way and towards Tao. He stands on Tao's bo staff and when Tao tries to lift it he jumps off causing Tao to lose his balance and fall over.

Tao: ah!!

He quickly gets up but surprised by Sungam's moves.

Chen shoots a couple of bolts at Sungam's heels but he's too fast to hit and runs past Kris, causing Chen to hit him with a bolt.

Kris: aish! Yah!

Chen: ah! Sorry! I was aiming for Sungam!

Sungam sticks his tongue out playfully towards Chen.

Chen: why you little-!

Sungam: little? Last time I checked I'm taller than you!

Chen: yah!

He fires more bolts and Sungam manages to run behind Chen and trip him.

Chen: oof!

He turns around looking annoyed at Sungam.

Sungam: you guys gotta try harder than that if you wanna beat- whoa!

He falls back as a fireball passes by him and he looks in the direction it came from and sees Kris with another one in hand. Kris smirks looking at Sungam and shoots the other one towards him. Sungam dodges and hides behind Iseul.

Sungam: what's the matter? Jealous that your bride likes me better than you?

Kris: excuse me!?

He looks angry and glares at Sungam another fireball ready in his hands.

Sungam: if you don't treat her better I might steal her from you!

He laughs and pushes Iseul in front of an incoming fireball.

Whoa! Yah!

I dodge it thankfully but Kris looks furious now.

Sungam dances around the field looking proud and mighty.

Sungam: I wonder if Jing would rather marry me? I bet our wedding will be even bigger than yours!

Kris: that's it!

He shoots a bigger fire ball towards Sungam.

The fireball hits him and Sungam screams out in pain.

Jing: Sungam!

Jing and Lay run onto the field to check on him.

Kris' eyes widen.

Kris: s-Sungam?!

Sungam lies on the ground, his entire left side is smoking and slightly scorched.

Kris: I-I'm so sorry! I didn't...

Jing: Kris! You-! You should've been more careful! You know that Sungam is human!

Kris hangs his head low not able to say anything.

Lay: come on, let's get him inside.

Lay and Jing pick Sungam up and carry him to the infirmary.

We all watch as he's carried away. I look at Kris.

Kris? Are you...okay?

Kris: I-I don't know... I was just so... Angry... And he was...

I pat his back not really sure what to say since it caught all of us off guard.

Lay sets Sungam down on a bed and begins healing his wounds while Jing sits nearby.

Sungam groans in pain again.

Jing: ah! Sungam! How are you feeling?

Sungam: Haa... A little better, thanks to Lay...

Jing: you should rest... Try not to speak.

Sungam nods closing his eyes.

Lay: the damage to his tissue isn't serious and he should be fine in a couple of hours.

Jing: that's a relief.

Lay nods.

Lay finishes with the healing session and he and Jing exit the infirmary to see the others in the dining hall. We all look up to see Jing walk in.

How is he doing?

Lay sits between Iseul and Kris while Xiumin prepares some lunch.

Jing: Lay says he should be fine in a couple of hours.

Ah, that's good.

Jing suddenly turns to Kris.

Jing: what were you thinking!? He could've been seriously hurt!

Kris:!! Ah, I-I...

Jing: you were careless and it almost killed him! Don't you have anything to say for yourself!?

Kris looks down: I'm sorry, you're right I was careless...

Xiumin finishes making lunch and Jing takes a tray and walks back to the infirmary. Kris watches as Jing walks out of the dining room then stares at his lunch not even touching it.

Luhan: hey, if you're going to win the battle for king, you've got to keep your strength up and eat.

Kris picks at his food and tries to eat but in the end doesn't bother anymore. Lay looks at him a bit worried. Kris is the first to get up saying he's full and walking out of the dining room.

Lay: hey, Iseul... Would you mind checking on Kris and making sure he's ok?

Hm, ah yeah sure I'll check on him.

I get up and walk out of the dining room, walking to his room first to see if he's there. I knock on the door.

Kris?

Kris: what is it?

Is it okay if I come in?

Kris: whatever, I don't care anymore.

I slowly open the door walking in.

Kris: what do you want?

He's laying down on his bed, his legs hanging off the edge.

Well... What's wrong Kris?

Kris: what's wrong? Everything!

Everything?

Kris: everything is messed up! Sungam has only been back for a day and he's already ruined things!

He ruined things? What things?

Kris: I don't know, it's like he's... Creating a barrier between me and Jing.

Creating a barrier huh? Why would he...

Kris: I don't know what Sungam thinks he's doing, but it's working.

Maybe you should try to talk to Jing too, and speak your mind or Sungam will possibly create a permanent barrier.

Kris: that's if he already hasn't. She hates me right now, and I don't blame her.

Haa, Kris I don't think Jing could ever hate you...

Kris: and why is that?

I can't be the one to tell you what the reason is only she can...

Kris: hm? You really think she'll talk to me?

Yeah I really do think she'll talk to you!

Kris: fine, I'll go see how she's doing.

He gets up and begins walking to the infirmary. He slowly take a peek into the infirmary feeling nervous. Jing is talking with Sungam, who's now awake and sitting up in the bed. Kris hesitates unsure if he should walk in, but he takes a deep breathe and takes a step into the infirmary.

Sungam: oh! Well if it isn't the king himself, here to grace us with his presence.

Jing: Sungam! Be nice!

Kris: err, Sungam how are you feeling?

Sungam: hm... Crispy, kinda like a well done chicken~

Jing: he's fine.

Kris: ah...okay.... Um... Again, I really am sorry about the whole thing...

Sungam: I get it, you lost your cool, because you're afraid I'm going to steal your girl. If I were you, I probably would have done the same.

Kris: oh...

He starts fidgeting with his fingers nervously.

Jing: was there something that you came in here for? Lay is in the dining room, if you want me to go get him.

Kris: err, well I didn't come to speak with Lay....um....but I came to talk to you...

Jing: me? What for? Ah! Is this about-! I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have spoken to you like that! Forgive me!

She stands and bows.

Kris: whoa! Hey please don't bow!

She straightens her back and looks at him.

Jing: I lost my temper and I was scared, I'm sorry!

Kris: ah no it's understandable...

Jing: y-you're not mad?

Kris: well, I guess I'm not, mad...

Sungam: yah! Your majesty! Would you hurry it up with whatever it is you want to say and get out? I want to enjoy my alone time with this little fairy~!

Kris glares at Sungam and sighs out frustrated.

Jing: perhaps... We should talk in private...

Kris nods: yeah that's a good idea...

Sungam: aw! But I wanna hear all the juicy details between you two!

Kris ignores Sungam and he and Jing stand outside the infirmary.

She closes the door, then looks at him.

Jing: was there... Something that you wanted to say?

Kris: um well...I...

He clears his throat.

Kris: So do you hate me?

He blurts out.

Jing blinks before speaking.

Jing: h-hate you? I-I don't hate you...

Kris: really!? Ah... I'm glad... It's just that... I was worried...

Jing: worried? That I hated you? I could never hate you, you're my king and I will remain loyal to you!

Kris: ...so you don't hate me just cause I'm the King...?

Jing: of course not, silly!

She smiles.

Kris: hm?

He looks at her.

Jing: well, if that's all, I better help Xiumin prepare dinner.

Kris: ah... Um....

He sighs and nods.

Kris: ...alright...

Jing heads to the kitchen where Xiumin is busy making stir fried rice.

Xiumin: ah Jing! I'm almost done! Can you get out the bowls so I can put the rice in them!

Jing: yes chef~!

Sungam walks into the dining room and stretches a bit before sitting.

Oh! You're feeling better to be able to walk around!?

Sungam: of course! Nothing can keep this tough guy down for long!

Haha is that so? Well that's good.

Lay: ha... This guy... Never sat still during the healing sessions and sleep talks when he's resting...

You sleep talk!? Pfft!

Sungam: I do!?

Lay: ah, yeah, you were saying all kinds of nonsense.

Lay tries to imitate Sungam by using a deeper and tough guy sounding voice.

Lay: all will now down before me! Mwahahaha!

Oh my gawd!

I start laughing.

Wow Sungam.

Sungam: I never said that!

The food comes in and is places at each seat, and the others come in as well. Everyone starts eating and soon it's time to clear the table. Jing returns to the kitchen to help Xiumin wash dishes. I walk over to Kris.

So how did it go?

Kris: hm? Alright, I guess.

Luhan: how did what go?

Kris: oh nothing.

Luhan: you really expect me to believe that? You know you guys can't hide much from me.

Kris: yah! Don't read my mind!

Luhan looks at Iseul.

Luhan: is this about Jing?

Ahaha well... Yeah.

Luhan: what is it? You're afraid that Sungam likes her and she likes him back?

Kris: err... Yeah... Pretty much.

He says sighing.

Luhan groans.

Luhan: you really are hopeless when it comes to this kind of stuff, aren't you?

Kris: huh? Hopeless!? What's that supposed to mean?

Luhan: you remember those bracelets that Chen gave you for your birthday last year?

Kris: ah yeah I remember.

Luhan: remember how you and Jing were attached just like Iseul and Lay were and then suddenly the bracelets let go?

Kris: yeah it was weird how they suddenly separated.

Luhan glances at Iseul.

Luhan: well, after Iseul ad Lay got released from the bracelets I found out how they work and why they let you go.

My eyes widen and I look at Kris then at Luhan.

Wait does that mean these two-!!?

Luhan: well, one of them does and we already know how Jing feels.

That's right! But do you think Kris might also?

I look at Luhan with curiosity.

Luhan: I think, right now he mostly feels confused.

Kris: hey! I'm standing right here!

Confused? Haa... I see.

Kris: someone wanna explain?

Luhan you explain!

Luhan: simply saying the rings only separate when one or both of the two connected have special feelings.

Kris: special... Feelings?

Luhan: yup! I'm going to leave it at that! I'm going to bed, good night you two!

Kris: y-yah! You could've been a little more clearer than that!

Luhan: don't want to~!

He says walking out of the dining room.

Kris: ugh! Sometimes I question why I made him the royal advisor...

Hehe~! Oh well I'm going to go too g'night!

Kris: good night...

He slowly walks to his room. I walk into my room and fall onto my bed falling asleep.

The next morning, Xiumin flips some pancakes as Jing serves a plate to Sungam and the others sitting at the table.

Sungam: ah thanks~ I'm starving!

Chen: haha! Eat up! The second round of king of the castle week starts in an hour!

Sungam: ah is that so! Alright!

Tao: be prepared! Beucase this time, I'm taking you both down!

Sungam: ha! We'll see about that!

Xiumin: hey! Do we really have to talk about fighting while eating? We're soldiers, not savages...

Sungam smiles and continues eating.

Kris: I think I'll sit this one out. I don't really care whose king for a day, since it's still me by the end of the week.

Sungam: huh? Is that so? Alright then!

Luhan: I'm done! Shall we start the match?

Tao: yes! Let's start!

Chen: ah! So soon after eating? Aren't we supposed to wait, like fifteen minutes?

Tao: ah, do we really have to~?

He whines.

Chen: haha, fine go ahead, I'll sit out this round then.

Tao: oh you will too? Okay, so does that mean me and Sungam are going against each other?

Luhan: don't forget about me and Iseul!

Tao: oh right! Okay let's get this started then!

Sungam pumps his fists and jumps onto the field. Jing, Xiumin, Chen and Kris sit on the bench. We hear the whistle meaning we can start.

Luhan: don't think I'll go easy on you just cause you got injured in the last round, Sungam!

Sungam: ha! Good! Or it won't be any fun!

Tao: less talking more fighting!

Tao swings his bo staff and Luhan barely dodges it. Tao swings it again at Luhan hitting his leg.

Luhan: aish! Am I going to have to take away your toy?

He smiles and uses his telekinesis to lift Tao's bo staff.

Tao: ah no! My bo staff!

He jumps up trying to grab his bo staff. Sungam jumps into the air using Tao as a stepping stone and grabs the staff.

Sungam: let's see what I can do with this thing.

Tao: yah! No that's mine!

He sweeps it across the ground and knocks both Tao and Luhan off their feet.

Tao: whoa! Aw man~!

Sungam: now it's just me and you!

He points at Iseul.

Ah! Er okay!

I get in a fighter stance watching his moves. He swings the bo staff and smiles, then leaps forward swinging it.

Ah!

I jump to the side dodging it.

Sungam: ha! Not gonna fight back?

I smile and shrug and slowly taking a few steps waiting for his next move. He tosses the bo staff and brings his fists up.

Sungam: well, alright then. Here we go.

I bring my fists up as well and see him swing a fist at me and I bring my arm up to block it.

Sungam: ah, I see you've gotten a hang of your super strength.

He jumps back and kicks at your legs.

Oof!

I stumble before getting my balance back and swing a fist at him again.

Sungam: but it takes wit and agility to overcome any amount of strength!

He dodges and manages to push you backwards, causing you trip over a rock.

Ack!

I fall down and sigh before turning around looking up at Sungam.

Sungam: looks like I'm king for a day.

He smiles.

Augh man...

I slowly get up.

Luhan: ha... Good match.

He shakes hands with Tao and Sungam.

Sungam: yes it was! And then...

He smirks.

So now that I'm king...

Kris: don't expect a crown or a cape...

Sungam: aww~ that's no fun... Oh well there's other things I can do as King.

Jing: what will your first act as king be?

Sungam: hmm well my legs hurt so... I want to be carried back and get a leg massage~

He laughs.

Luhan: ha... Seriously?

Chen and Tao carry Sungam in and Jing provides the massage.

Sungam: wow~ that was a really good massage!

Jing: ah, really? I'm not as good as Iseul.

Sungam: oh Iseul?!

He looks at me smiling.

If you want me to give you any leg massages I'm not doing that, there's no way I'm touching feet!

Sungam: ah, don't be like that, I'm the king remember?

Ewww~ no way you already got a leg massage.

Sungam: haha, and it was very enjoyable~! Thanks sweetie!

He pats Jing on the head who looks up at him smiling.

Jing: you're welcome!

Kris looks at Jing smiling at Sungam and sighs looking away.

Sungam: alright! My next act as king! Hm... I'd like a bath!

Chen: a bath? Isn't that something you should just do?

Sungam: all great kings have their servants bathe them. It's a very relaxing experience.

Jing: I'll go start running the warm water. Would you like rose petals or lavender?

Sungam: oh~ Rose petals!

Jing: ok!

She runs to the bathroom and begins preparing the bathtub with rose petals and bubbles.

She seems quite enthusiastic...

I mumble.

Jing: your bath is ready, your majesty~!

She returns with a few towels for him.

Sungam: thanks! And feel free to join me, if you want to!

My jaw drops.

How shameless is that guy?

Jing blushes.

Jing: d-don't joke around like that, Sungam!

Sungam: haha aww~ alright alright~!

Kris glares at the back of his head from across the room as he walks away.

Chen: man that guy is seriously annoying...

Jing: come on you guys, it's just for a day.

Why are you so enthusiastic about it? Doesn't his orders bother you?

Jing: it's all for fun, there's no harm in it, is there?

Ah, Haa I guess not...

Jing: besides, Sungam has been through a lot... I think he deserves at least this much...

She says somewhat quietly to herself.

Hm? What did you say?

Jing: ah! Nothing! I better help Xiumin prepare lunch!

Hm? Ah okay.

A few minutes later, Sungam comes out of the bathroom clean and smelling like roses.

Sungam: ha... That was a great bath!

Oh good for you.

Sungam: now what's for lunch?

Xiumin: lunch is ready~!

He walks out with Jing serving the food on the plates.

Jing. Lunch today is a nice handmade French bread with hand picked olives and a garden salad~!

Sungam: oh~ sounds delicious!

Tao: and healthy!

He pops an olive into his mouth and grabs a slice of bread. We all begin to eat the food.

Jing: so Sungam! Is there anything else you'd like to do as king?

Sungam: hm... I'll let you know after I'm done eating!

Soon we all finish eating and Sungam smiles.

Sungam: I'd like to go to the market. It's been awhile since I've been to one.

Chen: oh the market? Wow I didn't expect that but that's a good thing to do.

Sungam: yep! So... I'm going to need some money.

He rubs his fingers together and Kris just sighs and hands him a small bag of gold coins.

Sungam: oh!

He weighs the bag in his hand.

Sungam: this is a good amount!

Jing: alright! Are you ready to go? I'll accompany you.

Sungam: oh you will? Thanks! Let's go!

Jing: would you like to come too, Iseul?

Huh? Um...

I shrug.

I guess so why not?

Jing: yay! Shopping trip!

She squeals and jumps up and down.

Sungam: haha are you that excited? Well let's go then!

The market is busy and lively, with people pushing to get through from one end of the market to the other.

Sungam: whoa!

He whistles in amazement.

Sungam: I didn't think it'd be this busy.

Jing: ah, yeah, I should've warned you that it's pretty crowded at this time of day.

Sungam: hm~

He hums looking at the shops and items.

Jing: was there anything specific you were looking for?

Sungam: no not really... If I find something I like. I'll get it!

Merchant: hey~! Wouldn't a couple of lovely girls like you like to take a look at some of my finest jewelry?

He waves Iseul and Jing over to his stand where lots of necklaces, rings and other accessories are displayed.

Sungam: oh let's check the jewelry out, maybe you'll find something you guys will like!

Jing: oh! But I thought we were shopping for you?

Sungam: ah, I'm not finding anything so let's see if we can find something for you guys.

Jing: ah, ok.

She walks over to the stand and her eyes sparkle at all the jewelry.

Jing: see anything you like, Iseul?

Hm...

I look at the jewlery, I do admit there are some really pretty jewlery but I don't say anything.

Jing: hey, how about this?

She picks up a small butterfly hair clip and holds it to her head.

Sungam: oh! It looks nice on you! You like it?

Jing: hm! It's really pretty! Oh, but it's so expensive!

Merchant: that's because the jewels are real diamonds.

Jing: wha!? Really?!?

Sungam: oh~ real diamonds? A girl should always have atleast some expensive jewelry, let's see if we have enough money...

Jing: ah! No! Don't buy it! That's way too much!

Sungam: but why not? I think we should get it!

Merchant: aw, what a nice boyfriend you have little lady~!

He says as he and Sungam make the exchange.

Jing: he's not my-!!

Sungam just smiles handing the small bag with the hair clip to Jing.

Jing: you didn't have to do that! Now we don't have enough money to get what you want!

Sungam: it's fine! I didn't really want anything anyway~

Jing pouts and walks silently the rest of the way back.

Sungam: ah! We're back!

He stretches his arms.

Xiumin: ah! Just in time for dinner!

Jing: oh! I'll help set the table!

We all walk into the dining room where the rest are seated.

Tao: oh! What a pretty hair clip!

Tao points to the butterfly in Jing's hair.

Jing: oh! Thanks!

Sungam smiles happily taking his seat.

Kris: is that what Sungam spent the money on?

Sungam: yep! I think it's totally worth it!

Luhan: next time spend your own money if it's going to be for something like that.

Sungam just shrugs and looks at the food served and begins eating. After the meal Jing picks up the dishes and helps Xiumin wash them. Sungam gets up looking bored and decides to walk back to his room.

Jing: ah! Sungam! Wait up!

Jing quickly finishes the dishes, dries her hands and runs after him.

Sungam: ah Jing!

He smiles seeing her.

Jing: your day as king is almost over. Is there anything you want before you go to bed?

Sungam: oh~ hm...

He thinks for a bit.

While Jing and Sungam are talking in the hallway, Kris and Iseul walk by, noticing them.

I look from the corner of my eyes those and see those two talking and smiling.

Since when were those two so close...?

Kris: hm...? What are they talking about?

I don't know, I didn't hear their conversation.

Sungam: ah! I know what I want! How about a kiss?

Jing: a k-kiss!?

My eyes widen hearing Sungam ask for a kiss.

Sungam: yeah, just a peck on the cheek as a good night kiss. It doesn't have to mean anything.

Jing: er... Well, if it doesn't mean anything...

My jaw drops as I hear her agreeing with it.

You notice Kris's fist tighten as he stands next to you.

K-Kris...

I look back to see her kiss him. It's quick and barely lasts a second as Jing touches her lips to the side of Sungam's face. She blushes as she pulls away and they both walk to their own rooms. I look over at Kris.

Kris?

He turns and goes outside where you hear a pounding sound and his voice in some angry muttering. I walk to where he is outside. I look at him worriedly. He raises his fist and punches a tree, leaving a very visible dent in the wood. The tree creaks and leaves fall.

Kris! You'll hurt yourself!

Kris: I'd rather hurt Sungam! Who does that guy think he is!? And why is Jing being so nice to him!?

I'm not sure either why she's being so nice, but Kris please calm down!

He takes a deep breath and a cloud of smoke flows out in the cold night air.

...Kris? You acting like this... It's different from your usual self, you know that?

Kris: is it?

He looks down at you a little surprised.

Yeah it is, and if it's cause of them two... And specifically the fact that you're worrying about Jing so much... What are your feelings toward her Kris?

Kris: wh-what are you asking!?

What do you mean, what I'm asking? It's a simple question Kris, how do you feel about her?

Kris: she's a very important servant here at my castle and I'd feel bad if I lost her or if she got hurt because of some jerk like Sungam, that's all.

Is that really all there is to it?

Kris: what? You expect me to admit that I think about her all the time, or that I want to protect her because she's precious to me?

I raise my eyebrow at him.

I wasn't expecting anything really I was just asking.

Kris stumbles over his words.

Kris: I'm going to bed! Good night!

I watch as he walks back inside and I sigh.

Lay: Iseul? What are you doing outside when it's this late... And cold?

He puts a blanket around your shoulders.

Ah! L-lay!? Ah thanks... But what are you doing out here?

Lay: covering the garden, it's supposed to snow tonight.

Oh! Snow! I see, shall we go inside if you're done covering the garden?

Lay: shall we?

He smiles and puts a hand on your back as you both walk inside.

I sigh feeling the air inside warming me up and look at Lay taking the blanket off.

Here, thanks.

He takes the blanket and folds it over his arm.

Lay: you never did tell me what you were doing outside.

Ah that, just wanted some fresh air that's all...

Lay: ah, I see. Well, if you ever feel down, you know where to find me.

He smiles and walks to his room. I smile and wave before walking back to my room. In the shared room, Jing finishes putting the butterfly hair clip away before crawling into bed. I also get into bed blowing the candle and going to sleep.

 

The next morning~

I walk into the kitchen to see if Xiumin might want help with breakfast to see Jing already there helping him out.

Jing: ah, good morning Iseul! We're just making eggs and waffles. Do you wanna flip the eggs?

Yeah sure.

I walk over and make the eggs serving them onto the plates.

Sungam: ooh! Breakfast looks good this morning!

We all take our seats and begin eating.

Luhan: so! Who's participating in the match this morning? Yesterday's king can't compete again! But he can tomorrow!

Chen: oh! I will!

Xiumin: me too!

Tao: me! Me!

Jing: Kris? Are you gonna try this time?

Kris looks up: ...sure...if no one else wants to.

Sungam: Iseul! I'm sure you'll win this time, since I'm out of the game.

Huh?

I shrug not really interested in winning.

Sungam: come on! Win one for me!

I look at him and sigh: sure whatever...

Everyone quickly finishes breakfast and Chen, Xiumin, Tao and Kris stand on the field. Sungam pushes Iseul as well into the group before sitting down next to Jing, Luhan and Lay. Luhan blows the whistle and the game begins. Tao spins the bo staff and looks at everyone

Tao: so who wants to fight me?

Chen: bring it on, tough guy!

Chen taunts.

Tao: alright~ you got it!

He smirks swinging the bo staff towards him. Xiumin tosses snowballs at Kris's head and Kris blocks them with a flame in his hand, instantly melting them on contact. Kris throws a small fire ball near Xiumin. He dodges it but trips over a bush and falls backwards.

Xiumin: whoa! Haha! I guess I'm out!

He laughs getting up.

Chen: yah!

He yells as Tao hits Chen behind his legs with the bo staff. He falls over and Tao stands over him with a grin.

Chen: aww man~

He sighs getting up. Kris smiles.

Kris: now it's down to three...

Tao: ooh~ this is gonna be fun!

He smiles spinning his bo staff again looking at the both of us. Kris starts by tossing a fireball at both Tao and Iseul. I quickly dodge it and so does Tao.

Tao! How about we team up for now, and get Kris out?

I suggest.

Tao: sounds good to me!

He gives you a thumbs up and runs forward. He raises his bo staff ready to hit Kris who grabs the bo staff and tries to pry it out of Tao's hands. I quickly run behind him kicking his back.

Kris: agh! Oh, now you're just playing dirty!

Haha sorry!

I shrug and grab onto his arms, pulling him away from Tao. I quickly turn around and push him down pinning him.

Kris: ah! You got me... Now get off!

He shouts but smiles at the same time.

Haha alright!

I quickly get off and turn to Tao.

Alright frenemy let's get this over with!

Tao laughs and takes a fighting stance. I do the same and slowly shuffle before launching myself towards him, one fist towards the face the other towards the stomach. He slows down time moves out of the way, before letting time speed up.

Huh?!

I look around confused then turn back to him.

Oh c'mon!

I raise my fists again. The match goes on for a few minutes, but ultimately Tao loses when he gets distracted by Chen yelling insults from the sideline.

Haa... That was... A good match!

Tao: yeah! So what's your first order, your majesty?

Don't call me majesty!

I laugh.

Um...

Then I think what I could ask for but don't really know.

Sungam: I'd tell you to take advantage of your power, but don't make me do anything stupid or weird...

Hm? Hmm let me think... Can you give massages?

I ask Sungam laughing.

Sungam: you're crazy, last time I touched someone near the neck it was to snap it.

Wow, never mind I don't want a massage from you.

Lay laughs.

Lay: how about a nice relaxing meal? Or we could go out to see the first snowfall.

Oh! Both sound nice~!

Lay: Xiumin?

Xiumin: got it!

He lifts his arms and blue light flows from his fingertips to the sky as little snowflakes begin to float down.

Waa~

I stretch my arm out and little snow flakes fall on my palm before melting. Jing laughs as she and Tao catch snowflakes on their tongues. Soon enough snow falls on the ground to make snow balls.

Chen: snow ball fight~!

He yells throwing a snowball at Tao.

Tao: yah!!

He shakes the snow from his hair and starts making a huge snowball to throw back.

Chen: crap!

He starts running away from Tao to avoid getting hit.

Jing: haha! Eep!

Jing hides behind Kris as Luhan aims a snowball at the both of them. Kris covers Jing as Luhan throws the snowball and Kris melts it before it hits them. Sungam manages to sneak behind Kris and grab Jing. Before she can complain he runs away with her as Xiumin and Luhan return with more ammo. Kris makes a snow ball aiming it at Sungam hitting him square on the back of his head. He turns and let's go of Jing, who looks at the both of them strangely. Sungam picks up a snowball and throws it way over Kris's head.

Kris: pfft nice aim!

He yells throwing another snowball at Sungam.

Sungam: wait for it!

He dodges Kris's snowball and his hits a tree branch above him, causing all the snow to fall on top of Kris.

Kris: ack!

He emits heat around his body melting the snow. The snowball fight goes on for an hour before everyone is inside gathered around the fireplace and sipping hot chocolate.

Chen: haa~ this is nice~!

Xiumin: here you go, be careful, it's still pretty hot.

He hands you a warm cup of hot chocolate.

Ah thank you!

I blow on it for a bit, before taking a sip and sighing happily. Lay drops a marshmallow into your cup and smiles as he takes a bite of one for himself.

Thanks!

I stare at the fire for a bit just sipping on my drink.

Tao: ah! I'm so glad we got more of these, from our last trip to the human world!

Tao practically squeals with glee as he rips open another bag of marshmallows.

Chen: yah! Don't eat all of them! Save some too!

Jing: achoo!

Jing sniffles as she wraps herself tighter in the blankets.

Kris: oh! Seems like you got a cold...

Kris grabs another blanket and wraps it around her.

Jing: ah! I'm fine, but thank you...

Kris smiles and nods.

Sungam: come here, so you can be warmer~!

Sungam pulls Jing closer and she blushes.

Jing: I'm fine! Really!

Kris looks at the two his jaw clenched tightly before he looks away.

Xiumin: alright! As queen for a day! What would you like for lunch?

Hm? For lunch... Oh something soupy and warm! But I want it to be a surprise, so anything warm and soupy please!

Xiumin: hm? Alright!

Lay gets up to help him and Jing moves away from Sungam.

Jing: I think I'll just go to bed and nap until the cold is gone.

Sungam: oh? Alright!

Lay helps Xiumin make the soup and Kris adds extra heat to the fireplace. Luhan and Chen set the table while Sungam plays with his phone.

Sungam: I keep forgetting this place doesn't have reception...

How does that thing not run out of battery?!

Sungam: I secretly use Chen as my battery. Don't tell him, but if I put my phone in his hand at night and take it before he wakes up, it's fully charged.

Wow, impressive you've been able to do that without him noticing.

Xiumin: all done!

Lay brings out the bowls of soup for everyone.

Lay: a lovely chicken soup for the queen and garlic bread on the side.

Haha wow~! Thank you!

Sungam: I'll take this to Jing. I hear chicken soup is good for colds.

Sungam gets up and takes a bowl with him and Kris watches him walk out and he sighs. Luhan nudges him.

Luhan: you know if you want Sungam to stop stealing all of Jing's attention, you gotta be more assertive!

Kris: how?! I don't know how to, and even if I think of something I freaking over think it!

Luhan: just be yourself, but also be... You know, romantic...

Kris: romantic? Ugh I know nothing about romance....

Luhan: then ask Iseul or Lay, because I don't know either.

Kris: alright I'll ask those two for some help then.

We soon finish eating and...

Kris: Iseul? Lay? Can you guys come here for a sec?

Lay: hm?

He finishes drying the dishes and walks over to Kris, still sitting at the dining table.

What's wrong Kris?

He scratches the back of his head nervously.

Kris: do you guys know how to be... Romantic?

Romantic!?

I look at him surprised.

Well... Yeah somewhat...

Lay: hm, I guess I know some stuff, from that book that Chen gave to me.

He pulls out said book. I look at the book and glare at it and shake it off and look at Kris.

Err, well that book seems like it can be helpful.

Kris: what's it say?

Lay flips through the pages.

Lay: "make a women's heart beat!" He reads.

Lay: "women seem to love when they are hugged or the man holds their hand..."

Kris: that sounds so cheesy...

Lay shrugs: it says it in the book though. Here why don't you look through the book? I don't need it.

Kris: I'm very uncertain about anything that Chen suggests using...

Lay: really? Ah alright but just take it in case, you never know I guess.

Kris: sigh... Fine...

He takes the book and stuffs it in his pocket.

Kris: thanks for all your help!

Lay: you're welcome! Is that all you need?

Kris: ah, y-yeah!

Lay waves and walks off.

Kris? Why do you want to know about romance? Oh! Is it cause of Jing?!

Kris: wh-what makes you think that!?

Why else would you want to know about romance?

Kris: oh, you know, I have this friend, well more like a friend of a friend, who needs advice...

Uh huh. Well tell this "friend" to don't go over board on romance just a little, but through your own personality, don't follow it just by the book.

Kris: hm? Uh, ok... I'll tell him...

Alright then see ya later!

Kris: yeah, see ya...

Sungam and Xiumin are sitting near you as you watch the clouds pass by outside.

Sungam: come on~! There must be something fun you want to do as queen!

He practically whines.

Haa I don't know! I never said I wanted to do anything as the queen in the first place you know.

Sungam: gah! You guys are so boring!

Oh I'm so sorry~

Sungam pouts while Xiumin just laughs at him and builds a snowman. Sungam decides he wants to help Xiumin with his snowman, but ends up knocking it over.

Sungam: oops! Sorry!

Xiumin: aww man~ it's fine...

Sungam: it should be easy to rebuild right? You just... And then... I've never actually built a snowman before...

Xiumin and I: what?!

Really you never have?

Sungam: so I'm a prince that didn't get out much, sue me...

Xiumin: ah haha, alright then, we'll show you how to build one it's really easy!

Sungam: hm...?

He stands nearby as he watches. Xiumin makes a big snow ball as the bottom and then makes another medium sized one placing it on top, finally making a third one as the head.

Sungam: well, it looks like a snowman, but aren't you missing a few things?

Xiumin: oh right!

I take a carrot and stick it in the middle of the snowman's face and Xiumin places two buttons as the eyes. He grabs two sticks nearby and sticks at the side of the snow man's body as it's arms.

Sungam: ooh! Now it really looks like a snowman!

Xiumin: why don't you try making one this time?

Sungam: alright!

He rolls up his sleeves and begins making a giant snowball, but at some point it gets too big and he can't push it anymore.

Xiumin: whoa! Hey that's a good size just start making the rest of the body now!

Sungam: no! My snowman should be huge! If I just... Had my super strength...

...Um, Sungam it's pretty huge already you know...

He keeps trying to push the giant snowball, but slips and face plants into the ground.

Xiumin: whoa! Hey you alright!?

Sungam: argh!!

He stands up and shakes the snow off then angrily kicks at the giant a snowball until there's nothing left of it.

Sungam...?

I look at him a bit worried. He breathes heavily, still looking mad until he turns and sees you and Xiumin staring at him.

Sungam: snowmen are stupid anyway...

He turns and walks inside. I watch him walk inside then turn to Xiumin.

What was that all about?

Xiumin just shrugs.

Xiumin: beats me... Wanna build snowforts and have a snowball fight?

Oh! You're on!

A snowball flies out of nowhere and hits Xiumin in the face.

Tao: one point for me!

Xiumin: ah yah!

He turns around and throws a snowball at Tao.

He ducks and it hits Chen in the back of the head.

Chen: hey! I wasn't planning on playing, but if that's how it's gonna be!

Chen makes a snow ball and throws it towards Xiumin. From the corner of your eye you notice Lay trying to sneak up on you with a snowball in hand.

Oh!

I bend down grabbing a chunk of snow and turning towards Lay holding up the snow in my hand.

Lay: ah!

He laughs and runs in the other direction. I run after him throwing the snow but it doesn't even reach Lay. He turns around to see you still chasing after him, but he doesn't watch where he's going and he trips and falls over a snowbank.

Ah! Lay!? You alright?

I call out. When you get closer to check on him, he jumps out of the snow and pulls you down.

Wha?!! Yah!

I say laughing.

He throws snow over you while laughing.

Lay: does the queen want to make snow angels or be a snow angel?

Haha hey! I'd rather make snow angels!

I say shaking the snow out of my hair.

Lay: aw, but you'd make such a pretty snow angel~!

Haha aww you think so?

I laugh and grab some snow and sprinkle it over Lay. He smiles, his dimples showing and he lays down and starts moving his arms up and down. I smile back and start doing the same and we both make snow angels. It starts getting late and Xiumin calls everyone inside to help prepare dinner. We all walk inside and into the kitchen.

What are you thinking of making for dinner Xiumin?

Xiumin: hm...? What's a good food during the winter?

Hm good food durning winter, something warm, um like... Oh chicken noodle soup is pretty basic but good, I ate that a lot, when I was younger.

Sungam: chicken noodle soup would also help Jing with her cold.

Oh she still has her cold? Then I guess we could make chicken noodle soup then.

Xiumin: alright, chicken noodle soup coming right up!

Alright!

I place a pot of water on the oven to get it to boil. Xiumin slices a chicken while Tao chops all the vegetables. Luhan comes in to help place the silver ware while Chen seasons the soup. Soon the chicken noodle soup is finished and we all go to the dining room placing the bowls with soup infront of each person

Sungam: I'll take a bowl to Jing.

Sungam picks up a bowl of soup and quickly walks out of the dining room.

Kris: whoa! Where are you going in such a hurry?

Kris and Sungam almost collide in the hallway.

Sungam: oh! I'm taking soup to Jing's room that's all!

Kris looks down at the bowl in his hands.

Kris: I can take it to her!

Sungam: huh? It's fine don't worry about it I'll take it to her.

Kris: no, really! I insist!

He grabs the bowl and the they struggle over it.

Sungam: yah! What...

He let's go of the bowl frowning at him. Surprised when he suddenly let go, the bowl tips and spills all over the both of them. Lay gets up when he hears the commotion.

Lay: what's going on in here!?

Sungam: hey! Ask him! I was just taking some soup to Jing when he started trying to take the bowl away from me!

Kris: this wouldn't have happened if you just handed it over!

Sungam: I told you I will take it to her! And you just suddenly grabbed the bowl!

Jing: yawn... Guys...? Why are you making so much noise?

Jing walks out of her room, holding a blanket around her. She rubs her eye sleepily.

Sungam: oh! Jing did we wake you up?

Jing: hm...? Ah, no, I woke up because I was feeling a bit hungry.

Sungam: aish...

He glares at Kris.

Kris: Ah, why don't you sit in the dining room? Xiumin made some chicken noodle soup.

Jing: ah, ok.

Jing walks past them and into the dinning room. She finds a seat and everyone begins eating. The room is quiet and a little tense. I look up at the others and notice Sungam and Kris frowning and seeming to be in a foul mood.

Jing: hm...? Did something happen while I was asleep? Why is it so quiet?

I look at her and shrug I don't know either. Once dinner is over Xiumin and Luhan clear the table and Jing follows them to the sink, but Luhan stops her.

Luhan: you're still sick, aren't you? We can handle this, go back to sleep.

Jing: but...

Xiumin: yeah Jing go to bed! You need all the rest you can get so you can get better!

Jing: oh, ok...

She pouts and walks off, her blanket dragging across the floor.

Sungam sees Jing walking out of the kitchen and walks after her.

Sungam: Jing! You going to bed?

Jing: ah, yeah. I guess I'm not needed at the moment.

Sungam: not needed? Who said you're not needed? For what?

Jing: it's ok, I'm just going back to bed.

Sungam: ah alright, good night~!

She nods and goes to her room. When Sungam turns around he bumps into Kris.

Sungam: ugh! Again?

Kris: look, I don't know what you're planning, but I think you should leave Jing alone.

Sungam: hm? Planning? I'm not planning anything.

Kris: we both know you're not exactly the most trustworthy.

Sungam: maybe not, but that doesn't mean I'm planning anything.

Kris: just know that if you hurt Jing, you'll regret it.

Sungam: oh? Alright.

He shrugs.

Sungam: I'm going to bed now

He walks around Kris, to his room. Kris watches as he leaves and heads to his own room.

The next morning~

Xiumin and I finish making breakfast and set the food at the table.

Jing: good morning everyone!

She skips into the dining hall.

Sungam: ah morning! So I'm guessing your cold is gone now!

Jing: yep! I'm one hundred percent healthy now!

Sungam: that's good!

She smiles and finds a seat at the table and Xiumin and Iseul serve breakfast. We all sit down and begin eating.

Luhan: last day of king of the castle week! Who's ready to battle?

Tao: I'm so ready!!

He yells excitedly.

Sungam: count me in!

Chen: me too!

Kris: I'll sit this one out.

Luhan: so who else wants to battle?

He asks looking at us.

Xiumin: hm... Looks like a smaller match today.

Luhan: huh alright, it won't take as long at least!

We all finish eating and the field is set up. Sungam stretches his arms and takes a fighting stance. Luhan blows the whistle signaling the battle to begin.

Chen: psst! Tao! How about we team up and take down Sungam?

Tao smirks: sounds good to me!

Sungam: hm, two guys with special abilities against little old human me? Sounds a little unfair, don't you think? For you.

Tao: for us?

Sungam runs forward and Chen leaps towards him, but misses and barrels into Tao.

Tao; oof!

He takes a few steps back then turns back to Sungam and gets his Bo staff ready. Sungam smiles and runs towards Tao and suddenly slides to the ground and knocking Tao off his feet.

Luhan: and we have a winner!

Chen: seriously!? He gets to be king again!?

Sungam: haha sweet~!

Kris scoffs.

Kris: narcissistic little...

Sungam turns to Kris: what was that?

Kris: nothing.

He glares.

Sungam: pfft! Alright~

Xiumin: so, what would you like?

Sungam: as king for the day, my first order... Is to transfer my title to Jing.

Jing: m-me!? Why would you do that!?

Sungam: why not?

He smiles shrugging.

Jing: I don't really know how to be... I have no idea what'd I do as queen...

Sungam: relax~ just ask for anything!

Jing: but there's nothing that I could want... I'm very satisfied with my life here at the castle.

Sungam groans.

Sungam: why is everyone here so utterly boring?

Kris sighs annoyed with Sungam's complaining.

Luhan: well, there's always the winter festival.

Sungam: oh there's a festival?! You should've said so sooner!

Luhan: the winter festival almost always coincides with king of the castle week. There'll be snacks, games and fireworks!

Sungam: oh! Let's go to the festival then!!

Jing: haha! Alright!!

We all get up and walk out of the castle to where the festival is being held.

Jing: wow~! The market is so pretty and decorated~! Look at all the paper lanterns!

Sungam: whoa~

His eyes are wide looking all over the place fascinated.

Lay: have you ever been to a winter festival?

Lay asks Iseul.

I shake my head: nope! But it looks amazing!

Chen: come on! Let's play some games!

Chen runs towards a stand where there are balloons and darts. Sungam runs after Chen and grabs one of the darts

Chen: whoever pops the most balloons wins!

Sungam: alright!

He aims the dart before shooting and popping a balloon. Chen sends one with the aid of an electric shock which pops several balloons.

Sungam: hey! That's not fair!

Chen: life's not fair!

Chen smirks and takes his prize. A giant stuffed teddy bear, and he hands it to Iseul.

Ah! Thanks!

I wrap my arms around the stuffed animal hugging it.

Sungam: what other games are there??

Tao: what about this thing? It's supposed to test strength.

Sungam: oh~ I'll try it!

Lay: Iseul, you have super strength, why don't you try it?

Huh? Oh right! Okay I'll try it...

I walk over to it and look at the large hammer and then a bell at the top.

So... I'm supposed to hit it hard enough so that the bell gets hit?

Luhan: looks like it.

Hmm alrighty then...

I pick up the hammer raising it and hitting the bottom and looking up to see if the bell gets hit. The metal ball rises so fast that it hits the bell and shatters. A loud ringing echoes throughout the market.

Luhan: I'm pretty sure you won.

Oh, wow...haha sweet!

Sungam looks mad, he picks up the hammer and throws it across the market.

S-Sungam?! What's wrong?

Sungam: nothing!

He shouts and walks off with his hands in his pockets. I watch him walk off and get confused.

What's with him?

Jing: I-I'll go talk to him.

She runs after him.

Hm?

We all watch as Jing runs after him.

Chen: come on!! There's this game where you get to throw pies at clowns!!

Tao: aww such a waste of good pie~!

Xiumin: maybe if we ask nicely they'll let us have a couple.

Tao: oh you think so? Ah! Um, excuse me?!

Kris: hm... This is cute...

Kris mumbles as he looks at a pink heart pillow in one stand.

Luhan looks over at Kris: if you want to get her that you should!

He whispers over to Kris.

Kris: wh-what!? I'm not thinking about anyone...

Luhan: uh huh, sure you're not.

Kris: what is this game anyway?

He leans over to look at the owner of the stand.

Owner: oh simple game! See those cups all over the back board here?

He points to some small and narrow cups, and then points to the small balls.

Owner: all you do is shoot these balls into the cups over there!

Kris: huh, this doesn't look too hard.

He picks up a ball and tosses it. It bounces off the corner of a cup.

Luhan: oh you were pretty close!

Kris: hmph! Again!

Kris tosses another ball and it bounces off another cup, and he tries a few more times and sighs.

Kris: ok... I admit, this is harder than it looks...

Owner: you're actually pretty good, I mean it seems this is your first time playing this game! Here try again!

He offers a small ball to Kris.

Kris: this is my first time. I've never played a game like this... How do people even come up with these games!?

Owner just smiles and steps aside for him to give it another try.

Luhan: you seriously need to get out more...

Luhan sighs as he uses his telekinesis to help Kris get the ball into the cup.

Owner: oh wow! Alright is there any specific item hear you want as your prize?

Kris: huh? I actually got it in!? Oh, I mean, of course I did...

He coughs and attempts to look cool.

Kris: that pink heart pillow please.

Owner: oh for your girlfriend?

He smiles and hands the pillow to Kris.

Owner: I'm sure she'll love it!

Kris: I-I don't-!! She's not my-! Oh forget it...

Luhan laughs at Kris: alright let's go to where the others are.

Kris: right.

He holds the pillow gently and follows Luhan, but as he's passing by he notices Jing and Sungam talking behind one of the stands. Luhan doesn't seem to notice as Kris stops walking and Luhan walks over to where everyone is waiting. Kris slowly steps closer trying to hear what the two are talking about.

Jing: Sungam, you have to control your temper. I know things are hard and...

Sungam: no! You don't get it! I know I try to make light of it, but I really hate being reminded that I'm... Just a normal human...

Kris: so that's what made him lose his temper.

He thinks to himself.

Jing: being human isn't so bad... You're still stronger, faster and more agile than most humans!

Sungam: but I'm so weak compared to the others...

Kris decides if this is what they're talking about, he'll just leave now before getting caught, it's probably something Sungam doesn't want him to hear or know about.

Jing: you're not weak! Everyone has strengths and weaknesses! And you're still strong!

Sungam: at least I'm stronger than you... Huh... Fairies really are the weakest species... It would be so easy to just wrap my hands around your neck and...

Jing: Sungam...?

She backs away but feels trapped between Sungam and the stand behind her. Sungam's hands are on now and she feels too scared to move or even scream.

Kris:!! Jing!

He runs over grabbing Sungam, pulling him away from Jing and throwing him across the ground.

Kris: how dare you try to hurt her!!

Jing: Kris!! Stop! It's ok! He didn't really mean it! He was just joking around! Right, Sungam?

Kris: joking?! You think trying to choke someone is a joke!? Why are you trying to defend him anyway!?

Sungam groans as he slowly picks himself off the ground.

Sungam: maybe because she's tired of your abusive personality and wants a nice guy like me to take care of her.

Kris: w-what?!

He looks over at Sungam.

Kris: abusive?!

Sungam: that's right! You're emotionally abusive! You pretend like you care about her, when really you're just stringing her along. Not even thinking about the way she feels.

Kris: You think I pretend to care about her?! Do you have any idea how I feel about her?!

Sungam: no! I don't! Why don't you tell me!?

Kris looks at him furious not even thinking: These feelings towards her! You... Don't even know how I feel and worry over her if something would happen to her, I want to protect her! Keep her by my side and keep her away from danger!! I...

He pauses and turns seeing the others staring at him.

Kris: ...uh...

Luhan: well, it's about time you admitted it!

Kris's cheeks turn pink and he looks down running his hand through his hair embarrassed and frustrated.

Jing: wh-what's going on?

Kris looks over at Jing before looking away again.

Luhan: Kris has been getting all worked up lately because he thinks you're in love with Sungam.

Jing: me, in love with Sungam!? That's ridiculous!

Kris quietly sighs relieved.

Jing: I care about Sungam the same way I care about everyone at the castle, except for Kris, he's different.

Kris: huh?

Jing: even though he can be scary at times and sometimes he has a bad attitude. I know that deep down he cares deeply for his friends and family...

Kris blinks looking at Jing as she speaks.

Jing: he's kind and brave and he'd do anything for his loved ones. That's why I was so happy when he married me, even if it was a fake wedding.

Kris: ...you were happy?

He asks quietly. She nods.

Jing: I guess I was just afraid of showing my feelings because I thought that there could be nothing between us as a servant and her king.

Kris shakes his head: being a servant or king... It doesn't matter...

Jing: the truth is, Sungam has been suffering a lot and he didn't want me to tell anyone.

Kris: oh?

Jing: Crystal's father dislikes humans so much that he beat Sungam often, and he couldn't retaliate because her father is the king. Also, the northern kingdom is high up in the mountains. When Crystal's parents kicked him out, he had to travel those dangerous and cold mountains, all by himself.

Kris eyes widen. He never thought that the poor guy would've gone through something like that... Especially with how his attitude was seemingly the same.

Sungam: I don't expect you to pity me, or anything.

Chen: good, cause we're not!

Jing: I guess after everything he had gone through, I just wanted to make sure that his stay here was comfortable and that he was happy.

Kris: oh.... I see...

Sungam: looks like my plan worked.

Lay: plan?

Kris looks at him confused: so you were planning something...

Sungam: I never intended to steal Jing from Kris. Even I know that I can't do that. No, my plan was to bring them closer together, by making Kris jealous, and as you can see, it worked!

Kris: ....haaa....

He doesn't even know what to say, he's right it did work.

Luhan: well, now that, that's all settled! Why don't we head home for a lovely dinner?

Sungam: sounds good to me! I'm starving!

He smiles and starts walking. Kris slowly follows and feels a small hand hold onto his sleeve.

Kris: hm?

He looks at his sleeve wondering who that could be. Jing looks up at him smiling. She's blushing a bit, but she looks happy. Kris smiles back at her and he takes her hand in his, intertwining them. Back at the castle, Xiumin tosses some things together and brings out a huge plate of roasted turkey.

Sungam: Waa~ looks delicious!

He his lips and as soon as he gets served some turkey he starts eating.

Tao: yum! This is the best!!

Xiumin: glad you guys like it!

Lay: I think this might be the best winter festival in a long time.

Kris nods smiling.

Chen: you guys! You guys!

Chen runs into the dining holding a poster.

Kris: what is it Chen?

He slams the poster down on the table and it shows a picture of a female singer.

Chen: you'll never guess who's coming to the eastern kingdom to perform!!

Kris looks at him and then the poster: is that...?

Chen: Zhang Liyin!!

Lay: can you tell he's a fan?

Lay turns to Iseul.

I laugh.

I definitely can tell he's totally fanboying right now.

Chen: she's going to need a place to stay! Can she stay here, at the castle? Pretty please?

He begs Kris.

Kris: yah? What!? This isn't some hotel you know...

But as Chen continues to beg, Kris sighs: alright she can stay here...

Chen: yay!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Kris sighs and nods.

Lay: have you ever met Zhang Liyin?

I shake my head: no I haven't.

Lay: she's a really talented singer, I think a lot of singers look up to her, but Chen especially.

Oh really? Chen you sing?!

Chen: ah, just a bit. I'm no professional like Liyin-noona.

Ahh I see. You should sing some time!

Chen: I don't know, I don't have a lot of experience singing.

Hm, it's not like you need a lot of experience to sing anyone can sing.

Chen: well, there is a song I've been working on.

Oh~ what is it?

Chen: it's called Best Luck.

Is it alright with you to sing a bit of it for us to hear?

Chen: re-really!? Right now!?

Ah, well sure! I mean you don't have to if you don't want to.

Lay pats him on the back.

Lay: just relax! I'll accompany you!

He sits down at the piano. We all look at Chen waiting for the song to begin.

Slowly the song comes to an end.

Whoa~....

Chen: we-well, what did you think?

That was freaking amazing!! Like wow~! Your voice is so beautiful!

Chen blushes.

Chen: ah, thanks~!

Everyone claps at his performance and everyone part ways going to bed.

Jing: good night~!

Night!

We both get into bed falling asleep.

The next morning, the castle is bustling as Chen and the others try to make the castle look clean and nice for Liyin's arrival. Xiumin works hard in preparing a good breakfast for Liyin and as everyone soon finishes up Luhan says Liyin is here.

Chen: places everyone! This is not a drill!

We all stand straight and ready to greet Liyin as the door's open.

tZvynXjjwKdCJ-DxqBG184LsAwPTw2YnTbF65sIMdK55RMjcPk9-rrErGG4Yb-yOmCyLCLC7Aj55iL92vGgBUYpRQ3OJ42LvhBWtFspNk5Y30hedQXGOGVa5VdspF16JnAVcnoay

Liyin: greetings everyone~! Thank you for letting me stay here.

We all bow to her greeting her.

Chen: allow me to show you to your room!

He leads her while Tao and Luhan take her bags and luggage.

Wow she's really pretty isn't she Jing?

Jing: she looks so prim and proper. Like a really sophisticated woman!

Hm that's true!

She finds her room across the hall from Chen and Tao's room.

Liyin: this is such a nice room.

Chen: oh! We're glad you like it!

Tao: if you ever need anything, we're across the hall or our king, Kris, is just down the hall and to the right.

Liyin: alright thank you very much.

The boys bow one more time and close her door as they exit.

Chen sighs and grins widely

Tao: you look like an idiot.

Chen: wha?! No I do not!

Tao: maybe you should sing your song for her.

Chen: h-huh?! No way!

Tao: I bet she'd really like it. If you really want to impress her.

Chen: you really think she'd like my song?

He looks at Tao not believing him.

Tao: I think you're an idiot and lousy at a lot of things, but I will admit that you're a good singer. I think Liyin-ssi would really like your song.

Chen grins: well I guess I could sing the song for her...

Tao: good, and while you're at it, maybe you'll scare the birds that are nesting in our chimney.

Chen: huh? What's that supposed to mean?

He chuckles. Tao pushes him playfully as they walk down the hall.

Chen starts pacing back and forth nervously: ugh what if she really doesn't like this!! Tao why did you ever suggest such a stupid idea!!

Tao: did I suggest it...?

He looks away, acting innocent.

Xiumin: calm down, the performance isn't for a couple of hours, why don't you do something to take your mind off it?

Chen: like what?!

He runs his hands through his hair frustrated.

Luhan: I sent Iseul and Lay to go berry picking for a fruit salad that Liyin requested. Go help them.

Luhan: although, I forgot to warn them, don't eat any of the berries until they return. Some berries are magical and maybe harmful but are harmless once the seeds are removed.

Chen: oh okay I'll tell them that then! See ya then!

In the father parts of the garden Lay and Iseul are seen bending over some bushes and searching through the leaves for berries.

Haa... These berries aren't that easy to find...

Lay: ah!

Lay suddenly stands with pink berry bits on his face.

Lay: the ripe ones are really... Explosive...

Hahaha! You should get your face cleaned, you have berry bits all over your face.

Lay: I do? Where?

He rubs his face and only smears the berry bits and juice. He then uses his sleeve but there's still some left.

Hehe! Here.

I use a bit my sleeve rubbing the rest off.

Lay: ah, thank you!

He smiles.

Chen: hey! What are you two love birds doing out here?

Yah! We aren't love birds!

Chen laughs.

Chen: Not yet anyway~!

I roll my eyes.

So what are you doing here?

Chen: just here to lend a hand and get my mind off things...

Hm? Ah alright!

Lay: ooh! Look at these little red berries! They look like hearts!

Oh!

I look at Lay holding the berries.

Whoa! That's so cool!

He pops one into his mouth.

Lay: hm! And they're really sweet!

Oh~ are they? Let me try one!

Chen: ah! S-stop!

He smacks the berry out of your hand before you can eat it.

Hm? Hey! What's wrong? I just wanted to eat a berry.

Chen: Luhan warned me that the berries out here are magical and can be harmful unless the seeds are removed.

They are?! But Lay just ate one...

Lay: yeah, and I feel-!

He pauses and holds his head.

Lay: actually I do feel a little funny...

Chen: ah! We've got to get him to the infirmary!

Ah! Alright let's take him!

They both help Lay stand and lead him inside. Chen gently places him on one of the beds.

How are you feeling Lay?

Lay: o-ok, I think...

Luhan suddenly walks in.

Luhan: show me what kind of berry he ate!

Ah! It was a heart shaped one!

I show him the berry.

Luhan: hm... I think I know what kind of berry it is, but just to be sure... Who did he look at first? Iseul or Chen?

Chen: er... Iseul, she was standing near him when he ate it.

Why does him looking at me matter?

Luhan: um... Has he been acting... Any differently?

Hm? Well no I don't think so, all he said was he felt funny that's it...

Luhan: then it's probably nothing to worry about, maybe the seed fell out and he didn't eat it.

Ah really? Haa that's good then. But wait...what if the seed didn't fall out. then what?

Luhan: er... Well, it's a love berry, whoever eats it falls in love with the first person they see.

What?! Well he doesn't seem to be acting that way so I guess he didn't eat the berry with the seed then...

Lay: yeah, besides, I don't need to eat a berry to like Iseul.

Huh?

Lay: well, I'm going to get some rest before the big show tonight.

Ah alright then, get some rest we'll see you later then!

Chen: big... Show... Tonight...? Oh, man! Zhang Liyin's performance tonight!

Did you forget!?

Chen: k-kind of! I mean I was worried about Lay, but now I'm more worried about my own performance!

Ah! Chen don't worry! You'll do great!

Chen: singing for you guys is one thing but singing in front of my idol is another!

Chen! Everything will be fine! I'm sure she'll love your singing!

Chen: a-alright...

He gulps and takes a deep breath.

Luhan: let's go see how she's doing. I'm sure professional singers like her get nervous too.

Ah can we?! Let's go then!

Luhan knocks on her door holding a basket of freshly washed berries with the seeds removed.

Liyin: ah, yes! Come in!

We open the door and walk in. The room looks like a tornado blew through with papers everywhere.

Liyin: so sorry about the mess, it's just that...

Was she also nervous? I wonder to myself.

Chen: Liyin-noona? Is something wrong?

Liyin: ah, I... Can't find my music sheets for my song...

Chen: oh! We'll help you find it!

Everyone gets on their hands and knees and begins searching through the papers.

Liyin: ah! Please don't! I'm afraid I forgot them somewhere! I've been searching for hours!

Chen: no don't worry! It'll be easier to find it with more people looking for it! But if you think you forgot it somewhere...where do you think you could've forgot it?

Liyin: ah, I'm afraid I left it in the previous kingdom that I visited.

Luhan: we won't be able to travel there and back in time for the performance.

Chen: ah... What do we do then?!

Luhan: a duet! With you and Chen!

Chen: wha?! M-me?!

Luhan: of course! You've been writing songs! I'm sure there's one that you and Liyin can perform together!

Chen:ah... I-is that really alright?

Luhan: if that's alright with you, Liyin-ssi.

Liyin: ah! That'd be nice! It's perfectly fine with me!

Luhan: great! Then Chen! Go get your notebook and music sheets!

Chen: ah alright! I'll be right back!

He turns around and races out of the room, coming back quickly with his notebook and music sheets. Luhan flips through the notebook and finds the song titled 'Breath'.

Luhan: this one!

He shoves the notebook back in Chen's face.

Chen: ah breath? Really? What do you think Liyin-noona?

She looks at the music sheets and lyrics.

Liyin: wow! These are great! You wrote this?

Chen: ahaha yeah I did...

Liyin: this is amazing.

She hums the meoldy and mouths the lyrics. Chen listens to her singing and smiles.

Luhan: alright! You guys have an hour to rehearse! Let's go!

Chen: ah right!

Luhan: Iseul! You come with me and help the others set up the dining hall for the performance!

Okay!

Luhan and I both walk out leaving the two alone to practice heading to the dining hall.

Xiumin: ah! There you are! Just in time to help us set up!

Alright! What do you need me to do? Move  those large stuff over there?

Xiumin: yeah, we need to clear this whole area for the stage.

Okay I'll work on moving those stuff then!

Jing hangs some lights from the rafters while Luhan and Tao help move stuff around. Soon the place is all cleaned and the stage is decorated with the lights shining brightly. Chen and Liyin are backstage getting ready. Chen looks more than a little nervous while Liyin clears .

Liyin smiles at Chen encouragingly: you'll do great! Let's show them an amazing performance!

Chen: ye-yeah! Thanks! Oh! Are you thirsty?

He hands her a glass of water.

Liyin: oh! Thank you!

She drinks some water from the glass.

Kris: alright! Time for the performance! Are you two ready?

Liyin nods confidently.

Chen: ye-yes!

Kris: alright! Here he go!

Kris raises the curtain just as Lay comes in and finds a seat near Xiumin.The two walk onto the stage as the audience claps and the music starts.

The song slowly comes to an end and the crowd starts cheering and applauding.

Liyin turns to Chen and smiles.

Liyin: you did a great job!

Chen: oh thank you so much! You sang beautifully as always!

They step backstage as the applause begins to die down. We all walk over to the two.

Xiumin: wow that was an amazing performance.

Jing: you two make a great couple! ... Of singers I mean! Not a... Romantic couple... I mean....

Liyin: ah haha thank you, I did like singing along with Chen!

Tao nudges Chen.

Tao: wasn't there something else you wanted to say to her?

Chen: huh?! W-what are you talking about?

Tao: your song, idiot, you should still sing it.

Chen: ah um... He gulps and sighs, er right... Liyin- noona, I um have a song I'd like to sing...

Liyin: oh, really? I'd love to hear.

Chen: ah really? Okay!

He breathes in and out calming his nerves again getting ready to sing.

Chen slowly finishes his singing and looks at Liyin nervously wondering what she thinks.

Liyin: wow~! You're amazing!!

Chen: k-kamsamnida!

He says shyly.

Luhan: aw, look at our little Chen being shy!

Chen: yah! Stop that!

Liyin laughs.

Xiumin: well, how about a lovely dinner now?

Everyone agrees and gets seated and begins eating dinner.

Chen: oh! Lay-hyung, are you feeling better now?

Lay: ah yeah I feel perfectly fine!

He smiles and takes a seat next to Chen.

Chen: well that's good!

Luhan: you didn't eat any berries while you were out there right, Iseul?

Ah no, Chen stopped me before I ate any berries.

Luhan: that's good.

Xiumin: oh, Iseul! Did you and Lay wanna join me in the market tomorrow?

Oh, yeah! I'd like to!

Lay: um... Is it alright if I don't? I'm a little busy with things in the infirmary.

Xiumin: oh? Alright that's fine.

Soon everyone finishes eating and it's time to clean up. I take the dishes inside and start washing and drying them.

Xiumin: ok, so first things first, we need to make a list of everything we need, maybe you should ask Lay if we need any more herbs for the infirmary.

Oh okay I'll go ask him! Is he in the infirmary?

Xiumin: I think so.

Okay then!

I walk out of the kitchen and walk into the infirmary.

Lay: hm? Oh, hi, Iseul... Is there anything you need?

Unlike usual Lay seems quiet and avoids looking at Iseul.

Uh yeah, Do you need any herbs for the infirmary...?

Lay: oh, yeah, let me write down a few things.

He quickly rips out a page of his notebook and writes down all the needed herbs.

Oh okay.

I wait for him to finish writing the list.

Lay: here you go.

He hands the paper without looking and goes back to taking some notes.

Oh thanks....

I look at him, and decide not to bother him, he looks busy.

Well, goodnight!

I say walking out of the infirmary.

Lay: hm.

He mumbles.

?? I brush it off and walk back to the kitchen.

Here's the list Xiumin!

Xiumin: ah, thanks! I thought that might take longer, you and Lay usually like to chat, don't you?

Er, yeah I guess...but he seemed busy...

Xiumin: oh, he must have been really busy to have ignored you.

Er ignored..? Haa yeah I guess, well I'll see you tomorrow then, good night~!

I wave walking out of the kitchen.

Xiumin: good night!

I walk out of the kitchen and into my room getting into bed.

The next morning~

Morning Xiumin!

I help him set up the table and breakfast.

Xiumin: ah! Morning!

Lay walks into the kitchen and gets a bowl for himself.

Lay: sorry, hyung, I need to eat breakfast early so I won't be eating with everyone else.

Xiumin: huh? Oh really? Alright...

Sungam stretches as he enters the kitchen.

Sungam: hey, what's up everyone~?

Xiumin: good morning! Breakfast is ready!

Sungam: ah, great! Is Lay not eating with us?

Xiumin: er yeah he said he needs to eat breakfast early...

Sungam: maybe he's avoiding Iseul~

Huh? Me? Why would he avoid me?

Sungam: haha, maybe because he needs space from his clingy girlfriend.

Clingy girlfriend?

I look at him.

1. I'm not his girlfriend...and 2. I'm not clingy...am I?

I scratch my head confused.

Xiumin: no! No! Not at all! I think anyone would love spending time with you!

Sungam: ooh! Does the little white rabbit have a crush on Iseul?

Yah Sungam! Quit making up weird things!

Sungam: pft! You're such a buzzkill!

Whatever.

We take our seats in the dining room and begin eating. After breakfast Xiumin quickly washes the dishes and grabs his things.

Xiumin: ready to go to the market?

Yup! Let's go!

Lay walks by in the hall.

Xiumin: oh! Lay! Are you free now? Do you want to go with us?

Lay: hm? Oh, sorry I'm just taking a break.

Xiumin: oh is that so? Ah okay.

Lay glances at Iseul then quickly looks away and runs down the hall.

Hm? He didn't even say anything to me... I think to myself.... Is he really avoiding me?

Xiumin: Alright Iseul! Let's get going!

We both walk out and arrive at the market, looking at the lists for what we need to buy.

Xiumin: ooh! Look at this stand! This guy is selling steamed buns!

Steamed buns?

I look at where Xiumin is looking and look at the buns.

Oh~ they look good!

Xiumin: haha, do they look like me?

He puffs up his cheeks and holds one to his face.

Hahaha! Yes they do!

Xiumin: eight steamed buns, please!

He asks the owner. The owner nods and packs eight steamed buns in a box and hands it to Xiumin.

Xiumin: here ya go!

He hands you one and takes a bite for himself.

Thanks!

We continue to walk around buying the items as we eat the steamed buns.

Xiumin: is there anything that looks interesting?

He looks around.

Xiumin: we're almost done. Why don't we get something for ourselves?

Hm, I look around to see if I find anything interesting.

??: come one, come all and see for yourselves! The tunnel of love! Guaranteed to bring any couple closer together!

Oh? A tunnel of love??

Xiumin: haha, want to check it out?

Oh sure!

Iseul and Xiumin step closer and the woman greets them as they approach.

??: aw, what an adorable couple! Would you like to take a ride through the tunnel of love?

Ah um... Can we?

I look over at Xiumin.

He smiles and takes your hand in his.

Xiumin: yes, please!

He nods and hands the woman some gold coins. We get on the small cart that's our ride ready and the cart begins to move inside the tunnel.

Xiumin: ooh! Look at the little cupids~!

Oh~ cute!

The lights dim and the tunnel goes on with little glimmering lights in the distance and romantic music playing.

Wow~ it's really pretty inside here~

I look above me at the lights. The lights continue to glimmer until the ride slowly comes to an end.

Xiumin: hm, that was fun, did you like it?

Ah yeah I did like it!

Xiumin: haha, think we're closer as a couple?

A couple? I laugh.

Xiumin laughs and helps carry the bags as they continue to walk home. We walk back and I place the bags in the kitchen.

Sungam: ah, you guys are back! How was your date?

Yah! Don't say weird things!

Sungam: why are you so mad? Is it because Lay-hyung isn't paying attention to you anymore?

What? Of course not! And I'm not mad!

Sungam: sure you're not.

Ugh whatever, ah! Xiumin do you want me to take Lay's herbs to him?

Xiumin: ah, yeah! Thanks!

Alright. I pick up the bags and walk out of the kitchen walking to the infirmary. I walk into the infirmary.

Lay...?

Lay: ugh! What is it now?

L-lay?

Lay: Iseul? Why are you always bothering me?

Uh, I-I am? Um... I'm sorry...I just came to give you the herbs...

I look down placing the bags on the floor.

Lay: I didn't mean it like that! I-! Ugh! Just have this terrible headache...

Ah...I'm sorry, I guess I'll leave now...hope your head ache gets better...

He groans, holding his head as Iseul leaves. I slowly walk out thinking I hear a groan... Should I check on him...? But then again I may bother him...

Luhan: hey, Iseul, so glad I caught you, are you sure that Lay hasn't been acting weird since he ate that berry?

Er, well... He said he has a headache....

Luhan: is that all...? He hasn't been treating you differently?

I bite my lip, well... Yeah he is treating me differently...

Luhan: has he been treating you kindly or poorly?

Well... I guess poorly....

Luhan: I see...

He looks away, thinking.

What is it Luhan? Is something... wrong with Lay?

Luhan: I can't be sure at the moment, but would you mind... staying near him? Just until I can determine whether or not the berry is effecting him?

Er, near him? Alright...

Luhan: if it's nothing than that's good, but if something is wrong with him, then we might need to take drastic measures...

Drastic measures..?

Luhan: ah! Don't worry about it! Just focus on Lay for now!

Oh alright! I will!

Luhan: thanks!

He waves and runs off to the library.

I sigh, should I check on Lay? It's almost time for lunch anyway... I slowly turn around walking to the infirmary but hesitate to walk inside.

Lay is seen writing in his notebook. A look of concern on his face.

Is he alright...?

Lay: Iseul...

He mumbles.

?! Did he just say my name?

He groans again and throws all of his notebooks and papers off his desk.

!! Lay?!

Lay: ah! Iseul! How long have you been there!?

Um... Are you alright though?

I look at him worried.

Lay: I'm fine! Now get out of my office!

I flinch when he yells at me, I'm... Sorry... I turn around, running out of the infirmary.

Xiumin almost bumps into you as you run out.

Xiumin: whoa! H-hey, is everything alright?

Ah X-Xiumin sorry!

Xiumin: did something happen between you and Lay?

I look down.... I-I guess it's my fault... I'm a bother to him...

Xiumin: wh-what!? Did he say you were a bother!? You're not! You're so important and special!

Ah x-Xiumin... I give a small smile, looking down again... I think I'll go for a walk to clear my mind...

Xiumin: alone?

Yeah, alone.

He looks at you worried and returns to the kitchen to prepare lunch. I take a deep breathe, going outside for a walk.

Kris: oh, Iseul... I didn't expect to see you out here, what are you doing?

I'm just out for a walk.

I shrug.

Jing: you look sad... Did something happen?

Ah do I? I shake my head and smile, no... Nothing happened.

Jing and Kris exchange glances and look at you concerned.

I'm fine really! Can't a girl just come out for a relaxing walk?!

Kris: ah, alright, if you say so. Girls are so weird...

Jing: hey!

I smile and walk around them and continue to walk hoping I don't walk into anyone I want some alone time, is that too much to ask for?

Xiumin: lunch time!

Xiumin calls.

Oh! I walk back inside and walk into the kitchen.

Here let me place the food at the table!

Xiumin: oh, are you feeling better?

Ah yeah I'm fine!

He puts a hand on your shoulder.

Xiumin: we're friends, right? Don't you trust me?

Xiumin, of course we're friends! And yes I do trust you!

Xiumin: so, you'd tell me if something was bothering you, right?

I sigh, yeah I'd tell you...

Xiumin: ok.

He smiles at you and finishes laying the food out. Everyone takes their seats at the dining table and begins to eat.

Sungam: hm...? Lay is missing again... Ah, I guess he really is avoiding Iseul.

....I look at my food not saying anything, he's right, Lay is avoiding me. I think to myself.

Xiumin: that's enough Sungam!

He stands up and everyone stares at him in shock.

Sungam: what? I'm just speaking the truth.

...Xiumin...?

Xiumin: that doesn't mean that you can continuously hurt Iseul's feelings!

I blink looking at Xiumin surprised, and sigh losing my appetite I get up.

Xiumin: I-Iseul?

I smile at Xiumin, I'm not really that hungry...

I turn around walking out of the dining room.

Xiumin: w-wait up!

He runs after you and everyone goes back to eating, but still a little curious as to what's going on.

I turn around to see Xiumin.

Xiumin?

Xiumin: hey, you know you have super strength, so if that jerk Sungam keeps upsetting you, you can just punch him in the face. That'll shut him up!

Hahaha! Xiumin! I wouldn't hit him like that!

Xiumin: I'm just saying, it's not good to keep everything pent up, you've got to get it out somehow...

I sigh, I'm fine with just keeping things in... I don't want others to deal with my problems, it's bothersome to others...

Xiumin: I would never consider you a bother!

I look at Xiumin:  r-really...?

He blushes for a moment.

Xiumin: I mean, we've been friends for a while now and I really think you're an amazing person! So if you need to say anything, say it to me!

I look at Xiumin, grateful for his words and smile, then think to myself  unsure where to start: well... You know how Sungam keeps saying Lay is avoiding me... I think it's true....

Xiumin: but why would he be avoiding you? We all like you, I mean, as friends, and I thought Lay really liked having you around.

Er, I'm not exactly sure...but Luhan did say if anything was different it could be the berry he ate...

Xiumin: the berry? He ate a strange berry?

Yeah a heart shape berry, but Luhan said it makes them fall in love with the person...so I don't think it's the berry... Maybe it's just him really feeling that way....

Xiumin: a heart shaped berry...? Oh! You mean a love berry!? They're one of the sweetest berries in the magical forest!

Hm yeah Lay did say they were sweet...

Xiumin: but if he ate one with the seeds still inside...?

Luhan said he's supposed to be all lovey Dovey if he ate it with the seed inside.

Xiumin: but he's been avoiding you since he ate it?

Yeah that's right.

Xiumin: hm... I see...

I look at Xiumin: what is it?

Xiumin: ah! It's nothing!

Oh...okay... Thanks for listening Xiumin.

Xiumin: of course! No problem!!

I smile.

Sungam: aw! Look at you two being cute and endearing~! If I were Lay, I'd certainly be jealous~!

I look over at Sungam and frown.

Xiumin: go away, Sungam.

Sungam: oh? Why~?

Xiumin: because you're bothering Iseul.

Sungam: oh, and are you her guardian now?

Sungam can't you just stop... I sigh.

Sungam: I could, but things are getting interesting around here and I'm afraid if I stop, things will become boring again~!

I sigh, jeez...

Xiumin glares at him.

Xiumin: if you keep bothering Iseul, I'll-!

Sungam: you'll do what? Goodness, if I didn't know any better, I'd say it was you instead Lay that ate that love berry.

? Sungam what are you talking about? Stop saying rubbish.

Sungam: all I'm saying is, I think our little baozi has a crush on you. But I don't blame him, you are an interesting character.

I shake my head and sigh I don't even want to bother with anything anymore I think to myself.

Xiumin: so what if I do!?

Sungam blinks, taken aback for a moment.

X-Xiumin? I look at him.

His face is red, but it's hard to tell if it's because of embarrassment or rage.

Xiumin: you've harassed Iseul enough already and I'm sick of it! I'm only going to warn you one more time! Leave her alone or else!

I blink at Xiumim surprised and then look at Sungam who seems suprised a bit as well.

Sungam: fine, fine. I know when I'm not wanted.

He puts his hands up defensively and walks away. I watch as Sungam walks away then look at Xiumin.

Xiumin: ah, I-I'm sorry about that...

He looks down.

...thank you...Xiumin...

Xiumin: huh? For what?

For helping me...with everything... Listening to me and when I couldn't speak for myself you did it from me...I'm thankful...

Xiumin: ah, I'm sure anyone would have done the same...

He scratches the back of his head shyly.

I give him a quick hug smiling at him.

Maybe but still, I'm really thankful and happy.

Xiumin: oh!

He hugs you back.

Xiumin: ah! I-I uh... Better get started on making dinner!

Oh! Okay would you like me to help?

Xiumin: ah, no, its fine, I can handle it!

Oh alright then.

As he leaves Lay is walking through the halls and he stops when he notices you.

I look at Lay before looking away feeling awkward and nervous.

Suddenly he pushes you against the wall and stares at you with an intense expression.

L-lay?!

My eyes widen when I look at him.

Lay: what is it about you... That I can't stand...?

W-what...?

I gulp. He can't stand me...?

You feel his grip on your arm tighten.

Lay: I'm so confused, but all I know is that I hate-!!

Luhan: Iseul!

He runs over and pulls Lay away. My legs shake and I loose my ability to stand and slide down to the floor staring blankly at the ground.

 

Luhan: are you ok!?

He kneels down and pulls your face to look at him.

Luhan: I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have let it get this far!

I look at him before shaking my head: I-it's okay...

Luhan uses his ability on Lay to make him fall asleep before helping Iseul stand up.

Thanks...I look at Lay sleeping...

Luhan: help me with him, will you?

Ah okay... We bend down lifting his sleeping body and Luhan leads you to the infirmary where you set down Lay on a bed.

So...what are you going to do?

I ask Luhan.

Luhan: I think... I need to explain something to you... Sit down...

He gestures to the bed across from him.

Okay...I sit down on the bed and look at him.

Luhan: I should've told you as soon as I found out, but I wasn't sure how you would take it...

He pulls out a book on magical berries.

What is it?

I look at the book then back at him.

Luhan: I know I said that whoever eats the seed of a love berry falls in love with the first person they see...

Yeah...

I look at him waiting for him to continue.

Luhan: but, according to this book, if the person who consumed the berry, is already in love with the first person they see, then the seed has the opposite effect and they begin to hate that person.

Wait....so you're saying Lay....

Xiumin: Lay loves you just as much as you love him... And as much as I love you...

He says standing in the doorway.

X-Xiumin!?

I stare at him with wide eyes. I look at the guys and feel confused about everything yet at the same time frustrated...

Xiumin: I knew about the love berry, but I didn't want to tell you, because I was jealous... I'm sorry...

He looks down.

Ah Xiumin... Don't be sorry...

Xiumin: but it's true that I like you and even though I know you like Lay too, I don't want to give up!

Ah Xiumin...

I look at him then at Lay then look at my hands unsure how to take all this in....

Luhan: I hate to interrupt, but I'm wondering, what do you want to do about Lay...?

Um...what can we do about Lay? Is there a way to cure him?

Luhan: of course! According to this book, you have to make tea from a rare species of hibiscus flower.

Rare species? Does it say where they are found?

Sungam: in the highest mountain of the northern kingdom, they only thrive in high climates. I would know, I've been up and down that mountain a couple of times.

Ah, then I could go get them!

Xiumin: it's too dangerous on your own!

Then... Will you come with me?

Xiumin: ah... I could!

Sungam: forget him! I'm an expert on these mountains! You should allow me to accompany you!

Er... Why not both of you? Both of you could be helpful.

They glare at each other then look away.

Both: fine...

They both mumble.

Alright let's not waste any time! We should get going now!

Xiumin: we should at least pack some supplies, just in case!

Oh right! Let's pack and then go!

Luhan: I'll watch over Lay while you guys are gone, and Iseul... Be careful...

Ah right I will!

You and Xiumin are in the kitchen, packing food for the trip in silence.

I look over at Xiumin before going back to finishing packing up.

Well... We're done packing!

Xiumin: Iseul...

He starts hesitantly.

Hm? What is it?

Xiumin: you know I like you, right?

Er well... You did um say you did...

Xiumin: I'm just wondering... Are you trying to get the cure for Lay so he'll go back to normal, or is it because you like him too?

Ah... I haven't really thought of um my feelings towards Lay... I just wanted to cure him so he'll go back to normal...

Xiumin: and when he does go back to normal... Then what?

....um.... I don't know... I guess...keep things the way they were before all of this...?

Xiumin: but you know that he likes you! And that I like you! Will I still have a chance when he's cured!?

Ah! Xiumin! Well... I scratch my head... How am I supposed to answer this?! I wonder to myself.

Xiumin: can't you... Just tell me now... Whether or not I have a chance with you...?

Well...Xiumin...I don't really see you... Like 'that way'... I see you as my best friend and heck even my older brother....

Xiumin: I see...

He looks down, sadly.

Ah...Xiumin... I'm sorry...

He shakes his head and looks up at you smiling.

Xiumin: hm! Don't be! It's fine!

I smile and nod, well we should get going I think Sungam's waiting outside for us.

Xiumin: right!

He grabs his bag and follows you out where Sungam is tapping his foot impatiently.

Sungam: it's about time! What were you guys doing in there for so long?

We were packing duh!

Sungam: ugh! Let's go!

He rolls his eyes and gets into the caravan.

Okay!

We both get into the caravan as well. It takes a couple of hours to get through the magical forest and soon the climate changes from winter forest to snowy mountains and wide landscapes. I shiver looking outside only to see snow everywhere.

Xiumin: cold?

Ah yeah a little.

Xiumin: here.

He wraps you up tightly in a soft blanket and pats you on the head.

Ah, thank you! Aren't you cold?

Xiumin: nah! My powers are ice based, so I'm used to the cold...

Ooh I see.

Sungam: well, I don't have any powers, so someone toss me a blanket too! It's freezing up here!

I grab a blanket and bring it up to him wrapping it around him.

Better?

Sungam: yeah, thanks.

He mumbles. I smile and walk back to where I'm sitting. The caravan stops once it reaches the base of the highest mountain.

Sungam: alright, from here on out, we have to climb. The caravan can't handle the steep incline.

Ah, alright... I slowly get out of the caravan looking up at the mountain but can't really see much.

Sungam: we should be able to find the hibiscus flower in a cave near the top.

He gets into some climbing gear and tosses the grappling hook as high as he can. He pulls on it checking if it's sturdy or not.

Sungam: alright it's sturdy we can start climbing.

Xiumin: if you say so...

He slowly begins climbing. Being very careful where he places his hands and feet. I follow after and start to climb and Sungam behind us.

Xiumin: Whoo! This is pretty hard...

Sungam: remember to go slowly so you get used to the thinner air.

Alright!

We continue to climb up the mountain in a steady pace. Xiumin reaches the cave first and holds out his hand to help you in. I grab his arm and get on top infront of the cave. I turn around to help Sungam up.

Sungam: ok, now just look for a white flower with a yellow stamen.

White and yellow! Okay.

We walk into the cave trying to look around and see the flower.

On top of a high cliff and white flower is seen sitting.

Oh! Is this it?

I point to the flower.

Sungam: that must be it! Give me a boost and I bet I can reach it!

Ah, okay, I put my hands together for him to put his foot on to lift him up.

He stands on your hands and with your super strength you easily lift him up. His fingers reach up towards the flower but only brush against the leaves.

Sungam: ugh! Just a little more!

Ugh! I stand on my tiptoes and push my arms up higher.

Can you reach it now?

Sungam: no! It's too high!

He jumps down.

Sungam: there's got to be another way to get to it!

Um... I look around the cave to see if we can use anything.

Xiumin: maybe I can help.

He makes a set of stairs leading up to the flower made of ice.

Oh well that works!

Sungam: pft! Show off...

He mumbles to himself.

I climb up the stairs getting the flower.

Xiumin: alright! Let's go!

Okay! We get out of the cave and I look down at the mountain.

Xiumin: who says we can't have some fun on this trip?

He uses his abilities again and this time makes a sled out of ice.

Whoa~! We're gonna ride that?!

I ask excitedly.

Xiumin: ladies first~!

He stands by and bows.

Haha alright~

I sit down on the sled feeling even more excited.

Xiumin sits behind you and wraps his arms tightly around your torso while Sungam sits in the back.

Sungam: this thing better be safe...

Alright~ ready...go!!

The sled begins to move and quickly picks up speed, moving faster and faster down the mountain.

Sungam: does this thing have a brake!?

Whoo!

I laugh as we go down the mountain.

Sungam: we're going to run into something!!

He screams.

Xiumin: don't be such a baby!

He laughs as he makes a snow bank at the bottom of the hill and the sled falls into it. It feels like landing on a pillow.

WaA~ that was so much fun!

Sungam: you call that fun!? I almost died!

Haha no you didn't Xiumin would make sure you don't die! It was perfectly safe!

Xiumin laughs.

Xiumin: lighten up a little, isn't this the kind of excitement you were looking for?

Sungam just grumbles: alright let's get going back to the castle.

Xiumin: we should do this again sometime!

Oh yes! We should!

Sungam: never again...

He groans and drives the caravan back to the castle.

Ah! I get off running inside.

Luhan! Luhan! We found the flower!

Luhan: great! Now you have to boil it in some water and make it into tea!

Ah! Alright! I run into the kitchen and boil the flower in water and quickly make it into tea before walking with the tea back to the infirmary.

Done!

Luhan slowly let's the tea drip into Lay's mouth.

Luhan: alright. He should be cured now. Let's let him rest until he wakes up.

Ah alright.

Sungam: if anyone needs sleep, it's me. That was a crazy adventure just to get some flower.

Aww c'mon it was pretty fun though! But yeah go get some rest you look tired.

He runs his hand through his hair and walks off to his room. Suddenly you feel a tugging at your sleeve.

Hm..?

Xiumin: Iseul...

He's looking down, avoiding your eyes.

Xiumin are you alright?

Xiumin: I just wanted... To let you know... That I don't care if all you see me as is a brother... I won't stop trying to earn your affection.

I blink and look at him: er... Okay...? I say unsure.

He pulls you into a hug and holds you close.

Ah! I slowly hug back before I step back.

Xiumin: please, Iseul... Please, just tell me you love me, just once... I won't even ask for it to be true... So, please, please, just this once... Can't you lie to me? (Xiumin's dialogue here was copied off this comic by teaxolog on tumblr)

X-Xiumin?!

I gulp looking at him with wide eyes. I look at him unsure....

Xiumin....I...

Lay: hi, guys~!

I turn around to see Lay.

Lay! How are you feeling!?

Lay: hm! Much better! My headache is finally gone! But I can't seem to remember what happened after I ate that berry.

Ah really?! Haa well I'm glad you're feeling a lot better!

He smiles at you then looks at Xiumin who looks away.

Lay: I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?

Hm? Ah! Um... I shake my head 'no'.

Xiumin: r-right... I should go to bed... Good night!

He bows and runs off. I watch him leave then turn back to Lay.

I should go to bed too, I'll see you tomorrow then! Good night!

Lay: ah, good night!

I walk out of the infirmary and walk back to my room going to bed.

Jing: oh! Iseul! How is Lay doing?

Oh! He's a lot better! He's cured!

Jing: oh, that's great to hear! But um... Did something happen to Xiumin? He looked really upset when I passed by him in the hall.

Ah did he...?

I look down.

Ah... Well... I guess he might feel better tomorrow...?

I nod hoping he will feel better: well let's get some sleep it's late.

Jing: ok!

She blows out the candle and lays down.

I slowly close my eyes but it seems like forever until I actually fall asleep.

The next morning~

Xiumin: ah! Good morning Iseul! Could you help me pick some fruit for breakfast?

Oh! Morning and alright I'll help!

Lay: can I help too?

Oh morning Lay! I'm sure you can right Xiumin?

Xiumin: ah, ye-yeah, of course...

Alright let's get going then!

It seems Xiumin is feeling fine now...I think to myself.

Xiumin stands on a step ladder as he picks apples from a tree, while Lay picks some berries from a nearby bush.

I decide to help out first with picking the apples for now then help Lay with finding some more berries.

Lay: hey, um... Iseul?

Oh yeah Lay?

Lay: Luhan told me about the way I was acting, because of the berry, and I just wanted to apologize for the trouble I caused you and Xiumin.

Oh no Lay! It's fine! It's not like you did this all on purpose it was just cause of the berry, you didn't know it was magical either.

Lay: hehe, yeah, even after all this time in the castle, I'm still not familiar with all the plants.

Haha well it can't be helped... At least we both know now not to eat berries without taking out the seeds.

While Xiumin, Iseul and Lay are picking fruit, Rose and her companion Angel are speaking with Jing's grandmother... What could they be planning...?

Grandmother: what is it you ladies came here for?

Rose: I need a spell, I know that you're one of the best witches in the kingdom and I'm willing to pay any amount.

Grandma: oh? What spell is it that you need?

Rose: that's on a need to know basis. I have all the ingredients, I just need you to provide the magic.

Grandma: hmm...

She pauses looking at Rose.

Rose: perhaps this will convince you?

She tosses a small pouch at her feet, gold coins spilling out.

Grandma: oh my... Willing to give this much huh? Seems like you really need magic...

She steps over the coins not even sparing a glance at them.

Rose glares at the old woman.

Rose: if money isn't what you want, maybe my associate should speak with you, unfortunately she's not the conversational type.

Angel bares her fangs and hisses.

Grandma gasps and gulps: a-alright... I'll give you the magic you need...

She smiles.

Rose: I knew we could come to an agreement.

Grandma nods anxiously: alright now what how much magic do you need?

Rose: as much as you can give me.

Grandma: ah... Alright...  

She holds her hands out and her hands begin to glow. Rose gestures for Angel to come closer and she captures the magic in a black bottle. Jing's grandmother sighs, letting her hands fall to her side.

Rose: thank you for service.

She smiles and in the blink of an eye, she and Angel are gone.

Back at the castle...

Jing: brr! I just got the chills for some reason...

Kris: huh? The chills? Are you cold?

Tao: it is winter, we should all dress warmly. We don't want you getting another cold.

Jing: ah! I'm fine! Really!

Kris: let me start a fire to get the room more warmer.

Lay: hey, we're back with the fruit!

Tao: yay! I'm so hungry! Give me some!

Xiumin: ah! Hold on Tao! Wait until we're done preparing breakfast!

Tao: aww man~ he sighs and sinks in his seat: fine~

Liyin: good morning everyone~!

She bows as Chen escorts her to her seat.

All: good morning!

Chen: today is Liyin-noona's last day before she goes on to the northern kingdom, so let's all give her a warm send off!

Tao: oh right!

Jing: it was great having you here! We can't wait to have you visit again!

Liyin: ah thank you! It was so nice to meet you all!

Xiumin and Luhan set the table and bring the food out and soon everyone begins eating. After everyone finishes eating Chen brings out Liyin's luggage and Liyin's caravan is already outside waiting for her.

Liyin: thank you for having me!

She waves as the caravan drives away. We all wave and walk back inside.

Sungam: aw! Liyin is gone already? I didn't even get the chance to give her my phone number! Oh, wait that wouldn't work here anyway, never mind...

Chen: aish this kid...

Jing: brr! I don't understand why I keep getting the chills today. It's actually warmer than it was yesterday.

Kris: maybe you should where something warmer... Or do you have a fever?

He places the back of his hand on Jing's forehead to check her temperature. She blushes.

Jing: I swear I'm not sick!

Luhan: I've read that fairies have some kind of foresight, maybe your body is predicting trouble in the future...

Kris: trouble?! Really?

Jing: I think I'd rather be sick...

Luhan: haha! Of course I could be wrong! I'm sure it's nothing to worry about!

Kris: er yeah let's hope it isn't anything bad...

Sungam: well, I'm getting bored around here, so I'm gonna go out for a couple of days, try not to miss me too much!

You're going? Where to?

Sungam: eh, who knows? To the northern kingdom, to the western kingdom? Maybe even to the southern kingdom where my father died.

....ah alright...

Sungam: I'll let you know when I get back.

He pats you on the head and grabs his back pack.

Oh alright! Have a safe trip then!

Sungam: I will!

He waves and heads out. His silhouette fading in the distance.

I turn back around, well is there anything we can do today?

Luhan: it seems like a pretty normal day, just hang out and do whatever you want.

Oh alrighty then.

Jing: hey, Iseul! Do you wanna go to the market and look around? I hear the zoo has a new baby animal section!

Whoa~! A baby animal section!? I wanna go!!

Jing: yay!! Let's go!!

Okay!

The girls head out while the boys chuckle.

Luhan: they're so cute, getting excited over baby animals.

We both reach the zoo and walk straight to the baby animal section.

Jing: hello, baby animals~!

She leans over the railing and waves at them. Some of the baby animals look over at her and then some of them go back to playing around.

Jing: hehehe! Too cute~!

She laughs and giggles as a baby goat nudges her hand.

Aww that's adorable.

I pet the baby goat and look at the other animals.

While the girls played at the zoo, they and the boys were unaware of the danger looming near the castle. Rose and Angel were quietly making their way through the magical forest. Rose chuckles continuing to go through the forest and in the distance seeing the castle. She puts a finger to lips, but then realizes there's no need since Angel never makes a sound. As soon as they're close enough she pulls out the black bottle and chants a spell, while releasing the magic, slowly letting it travel throughout the castle walls.

Rose: now the fun begins~

She whispers closing the bottle once all the magic is out. Angel nods and the two disappear into the dark forest.

Jing: we're back!

Jing announces once they've returned. The castle is silent...

Hm? Where are the guys?

Jing: maybe they all decided to take a nap?

She walks to the door of Kris's bedroom and knocks... No response...

Kris! We're coming in!

I yell and open the door.

Kris: aish!! Can't a man have some privacy!?

Kris slowly gets out of bed and runs his hand through his hair.

Oops! Sorry!

Kris: and why did you yell Kris? This is my bedroom.

Huh? I look at him confused. Well duh this is your room Kris.

Kris: why do you keep calling me Kris?

He looks around.

Kris: oh, wait... Why am I in Kris's room?

Huh? Yah! Kris, what the heck are you saying?

Jing: are you feeling alright?

Kris runs to the mirror and a look of shock and horror falls on his face.

Um...you okay?

Kris: no! I think something very wrong is happening! I'm not Kris! I'm Luhan!

L-Luhan!!?

Kris: oh, my gosh! This can't be happening! H-how-!? We have to alert the others!

Ah alright! Let's go find the others!

All three run to the dining hall where Tao and Chen are angrily yelling at and pushing each other.

Tao: someone wanna explain to me why I suddenly woke up with Tao's face!?

Chen: hey! I'm not happy about seeing your face in the mirror either!

You guys too?!! Did this happen to all of you guys?!

Xiumin: er... Seems like it...

Xiumin walks out of the infirmary with Lay right behind him.

Lay: I have no idea what's going on, but at least I'm not in Tao or Chen's body!

Ahh what do we do?! How did this happen in the first place?!

Luhan: yah!! I am very unhappy about this!! Do you have any idea how it feels to be this short!? And constantly have voices in your head!?

Kris: now you know how I feel... And hey! I'm not that short!

Er guys, let's not fight, let's try to figure out how this happened...

Kris, er... Luhan in Kris's body... Sighs and starts explaining.

Kris: clearly this is the work of very strong and dark magic... The only person I know who could have casted a spell like this would be Jing's grandmother...

Kris: I know that! But maybe she can help us, even if this isn't her doing, maybe she can reverse it...

Ah we should go ask her then!

Luhan: have we forgotten that her grandmother lives in an isolated cave high in the mountains!? And none of us know how to control each other's powers! I have a headache because I don't know how to turn off your stupid telepathy!

Oh right....

Kris: perhaps you and Jing should go, since the rest of us need some time to adjust to our new bodies...

Oh, well yeah we could go right Jing?

Jing: o-of course! We'll do everything we can to help you guys!

Kris nods: well it's settled then.

Jing: let's go!

She sprouts her wings and grabs Iseul, then flies out of the castle towards the dark clouds hanging over the mountains. We quickly make it to the top of the mountain and we run inside.

Jing: grandma!? Grandma, are you here!?

Her voice echoes in the cave.

Grandma: Jing...

She slowly appears and looks at her.

Grandma: is something the matter?

Jing: grandma!! It's horrible, all of the guys!! They're switched! I mean, they switched bodies somehow and-!!

All her words spill out at once and she has to take a deep breath to calm down.

Grandma: their bodies switched?!

She raises her eyebrows in surprise.

Jing: ye-yes! And they're going crazy because they're either upset or can't control their powers! What should we do!?

Grandma: hmm...it is quite strange for their bodies to switch out of the blue....unless...

Jing: unless...?

Grandma: today two ladies came and asked to give me some of my magic they wouldn't tell me the reason but one girl she hissed at me and showed her fangs...

Jing's eyes widen and she turns to Iseul.

Jing: you don't think it could have been those two!? Do you?

Ugh it might be! Hissing and fangs definelty sounds like her!

Grandma: whether or not it was their doing, I'm afraid there's only one way to get your friends back to their original bodies, if they have some kind of conflict with each other, they must solve it. Only then will they return to their own bodies.

Ah solve a conflict between them? I see... Thank you!

Grandma: good luck!

She waves as Jing carries Iseul back down the mountain and into the castle.

Kris: ah! What did you find out!?

Luhan: is there a cure!?

Tao: are we stuck like this forever!?

There is a cure! You won't be stuck forever!

Chen: what is it then!?

Lay: yeah! Tell us!

Jing's grandmother said the only way to get back your bodies is if you guys have a conflict between each other you need to solve it.

Chen: conflict? Like the fact that Chen keeps shocking me to wake me up in the morning!?

Tao: or the fact that Tao eats more than a cow does?

Er.... Well like a problem between you two...

Kris: I think Kris's problem is his anger management...

Luhan: I think Luhan's problem is his height complex...

I look at Jing.

Er... Is that really the conflicts...?

Jing: I think it has to do more with the conflicts that they have with themselves... Er... Well, maybe if we can get them to come to an agreement, they'll go back.

Come to an agreement... Why do I get the feeling it's not gonna be that easy with some of them...

Jing sighs.

Jing: if this is Rose's doing, she probably knew who argued the most and switched their bodies.

Haaa unbelievable... Well we need to figure out how to get the two to come to an agreement...but we first need to know the problem as well.

Jing: ha... Lay and Xiumin should be easiest since I can't imagine them having any kind of conflict, so let's save them for last and focus on Tao and Chen.

Oh alright! Maybe we should individually talk to the two to see their sides of whatever the problem is..?

Jing: the two argue like five-year olds, I think they have more than just one problem.

Er that's true.

Jing: I'll talk to Tao... Er... Chen... I mean... Tao in Chen's body...

Right I'll talk to Chen... Who's in Tao body... Man this can be confusing... Alright let's move! We'll meet back once we talk to them!

Jing nods and leaves the room taking Chen with her.

I walk over to Tao: c'mon lets chat!

I grab his arm and take him out of the room.

Tao: wh-wha!? Um... What are we talking about?

Oh you know... Well bluntly saying... Why do you and Chen er I mean Tao always fight?

Tao: because the kid is a cocky little prick who thinks that just because he can swing a stick around he's like the king's right hand man or something!

Ehh... That's not exactly what I was looking for.... Er... That can't really be your reason to always argue can it?

Tao leans back against a wall and crosses his arms.

Tao: well, no... A lot of our arguments are usually just friendly banter, really... But...

But...?

Tao: I mean, would it really kill Tao to just think about someone else for once?

Oh? So that's the problem? You feel like he's being too self centered or something?

Tao: exactly! I've never seen him do something that didn't benefit himself.

Ahh is that so? Hmm I see...

Tao: maybe I'd respect him more if I saw him doing something that helped others and not just himself.

Ahh well I'm sure we can get him to think of others too!

Tao scoffs.

Tao: I doubt it. That kid only cares about himself and his looks. A pretty boy like that isn't going to waste his time with peasants and commoners.

C'mon you have to have faith in him! Maybe he doesn't realize that what he's doing is affecting others, have you ever spoke your mind to him?

Tao: well... Not exactly... I've definitely called him a selfish prick before.

He chuckles.

Tao: but I guess maybe that wasn't the best way to handle that...

I nod: maybe having a proper talk would do some good.

Tao stands up straight and stretches his limbs.

Tao: maybe you're right... But I'm not going to talk to him until I know for sure he's changed his ways.

Changed his ways? Er...

Jing: psst! Iseul! Can I talk to you?

Jing peeks out from the doorway.

Oh! Okay! Well I gotta go! I wave walking to where Jing is.

Jing: how did the talk with Chen go?

Hm I found out what his problem was with Tao. Did Tao tell you anything?

Jing: er, yeah, he wants Chen to be understanding of his lifestyle and the choices he makes, I think... It's a little complicated, but I think Tao just wants Chen to understand him a bit more...

Ah is that so... Chen said he was upset with how Tao doesn't seem to care about others and is always caring about himself...

Jing: that's not true! I know Tao pretty well and he's a very caring person!

Hmm it seems both of them seem to be at a misunderstanding for one another... Hmm Chen said he wants to see Tao doing something that doesn't benefit him but someone else...

Jing: let me talk to Chen! I bet I can get him to see Tao's caring side!

Ah you think so? Then go for it!

Jing: then I'll leave Tao with you!

She goes outside to meet with Chen.

I walk over to where Tao is.

Hey Tao!

Chen turns around to face you.

Chen: hm? What is it?

Erm so I heard from Jing your problem with Chen...

Chen: er, yeah... You think he can really change his mind about me and stop treating me like a child?

Yeah I think he will change his mind about you!

Chen sighs.

Chen: I think Chen thinks lowly of me, and that's why we don't exactly see eye to eye.

Ah well I wouldn't say he exactly thinks lowly of you... It's just maybe because he hasn't seen a side of you, that you already posses...

Chen blinks at you, a bit confused. Chen in Tao's body follows Jing as she leads him through a crowded street in the market.

Tao: whoa where are you taking me Jing?

Jing: you'll see, Chen! Just try to keep up!

She laughs as she easily moves between people passing by.

Tao: ah alright!

He follows after her. After a few minutes of maneuvering between people and stands, the two finally stop in front of a house and Jing knocks on the door.

Tao: what are we doing here?

He looks at her confused when the door opens. A boy, not much older than Jing or Tao, greets them. His face brightens when he sees Tao.

Jing: hi~!

Jing waves and begins moving her hands in strange ways that Chen recognizes as sign language but doesn't understand what she's saying.

Tao:...

He waits quietly as the two 'speak' in sign language. The boy nods seeming to understand everything Jing signs to him and then she turns to Tao to explain.

Jing: this is Tao's friend, he's deaf, but because they're such good friends, Tao learned sign language to be able to 'speak' with him.

Tao looks at the boy then back at Jing: he did that...? I had no idea...

Jing: follow my lead.

She tells him and she begins to sign something. Tao watches Jing make a sign and he follows what she's doing unsure of what he's doing. The boy smiles brightly and steps forward to shake Tao's hand.

Tao: oh!

He takes the boys hand giving a hand shake. The boy signs something and Jing nods, understanding. Finally the boys smiles and waves before closing his door.

Tao: so... I guess...I was wrong about Tao then...

Jing hums thoughtfully.

Jing: not everyone is as they seem.

Tao:...yeah they aren't I guess... I should talk to him...

Jing smiles as they walk back to the castle in a peaceful silence. There they find Iseul and Chen sitting on one of the benches outside.

Chen: ah! There you guys are! I was beginning to wonder if you got lost in the market again.

Tao: oh haha no...

Jing: Tao, I think Chen here has something he wants to say to you...

She gently pushes Tao forward.

Tao: ah, er yeah I do...

He clears his throat and looks at Chen.

Tao: I'm sorry... I didn't seem to realize how kind hearted and actually mature you are... I always thought you seemed like someone who never paid any attention to anyone but yourself...but today I was proved wrong...

Chen stares at him with wide eyes.

Chen: w-wow! I had no idea... You...

Chen and Tao both look at each other for a moment before a bright light seems to pass between them. Jing's eyes widen as she stands back in awe. The light goes away leaving Chen and Tao blinking looking around then at each other.

Jing: Chen? Tao?

She looks between the two.

Tao: it worked! We're back in our own bodies!!

Chen: alright!!

He high fives Tao.

Well that's good!

Tao: yeah! Now let's go inside!

Jing: now that we know what kind of conflicts we're working with and how to solve them, the next group should be easier!

Ah that's right!

Chen: I don't know... Luhan and Kris... They tend to keep to themselves, if they have a conflict with each other, they're not the type to talk it out.

Well that is also true...

Jing: well, we have to at least try! I'll talk to Kris, who's in Luhan's body!

Ah alright I'll talk to Luhan who's in Kris's body! See ya in a few!

The girls head inside looking for Luhan and Kris when they hear a commotion in Kris's bedroom.

?? What is going on in there?

Kris: yah! Kris! You have to calm down, or else your powers-my powers! Could destroy the whole castle!

He runs out as a vase flies through the air.

Luhan: why are your powers so hard to control!?

Er... I look at Jing, what should we do?

Jing: Lu-Luhan! Can you restrain Kris!?

Kris: ah! I suppose I can try! He is stronger than me, so I should be able to-!

He leaps forward and pins Luhan to the ground who struggles under his grip. After a bit Luhan stops struggling and calms down. Several objects that had been flying around the room, suddenly stop and fall to the ground. We all breathe out a sigh of relief.

Jing: what seems to be the problem between you two?

Jing asks once all four of them are sitting calmly in the dining hall. I look between the two who stay quiet.

Luhan points to Kris.

Luhan: this guy thinks it's easy being king, have you ever tried to lead a whole kingdom!? Making sure your people are happy and taken care of!?

Kris: oh, I'm sure it's so difficult being waited on hand and foot, the royal advisor does all the hard work, making sure the rest of your staff doesn't cause chaos!

I look between the two again then at Jing: so... The guys...

Jing: clearly this is a case of walking a mile in the other ones shoes, is it not?

Luhan looks at Jing: wait so you're saying...

Jing: I think to understand each other you simply need to do what the other does on a normal day.

Luhan: er...is that so... I guess we could do that.

Kris: as king, I think I could do that!

Kris put his hands behind his head and leans back in his chair, before falling over.

Luhan: as if you could be king! You can't even sit properly in a chair!

Kris: I'd be a better king that you! At least I can control my powers!

Luhan: ha! We'll see about that!

Jing glances at Iseul, looking a little worried.

Jing: I think I'll stay with Kris and make sure he doesn't cause any damage...

Ah right, I'll stay with Luhan then...

The groups split up as Luhan in Kris's body sits proudly on the throne.

Kris: ah, I could get used to this.

Er is that so?

After a few minutes a line of people from the village come into the castle to express their concerns to the king. I stand by watching Luhan er Kris dealing and talking to the people.

Woman: your majesty, I fear that the crops this month isn't fruitful enough. I have three children to feed, and my husband has an injury on his leg.

Kris: ah is that so? Um.. Er... I'll have the problem solved soon.

Man: your majesty, the gates were left open and several of the horses have escaped.

Kris: oh really?! Well we'll have them found or replaced if possible!

He says trying to be serious. Several peasants come and go, with their complaints and worries, some serious and some ridiculous.

Peasant: your majesty, I fear my neighbor is spying on me!

Kris: huh? Oh really, if you er find any specific evidence please come report it right away.

He tries to keep a straight face. Soon all the villagers finish and Kris stands, finding his back sore, he cracks it and rubs his neck.

Kris: no wonder Kris always complains about his back being sore...

So now you know how it's like to be king.

Kris: ergh, well, it's still easier than my job... The king doesn't have to keep the castle in order, that's the royal advisor's job.

Ah is that so...

Jing: Kris! Where are you going!?

Jing chases after Luhan through the hallways.

Luhan: I don't know, but I keep hearing something! I'm just following it!

Luhan continues to follow what he is hearing until he turns a corner coming to a stop.

Tao: ah! Glad you finally heard me, can you fix this leak in the pipes?

Tao points to under the sink and sure enough there's water dripping from a crack in the pipe.

Luhan: what?! This was what you needed?!

He sighs walking to check the leak from the pipe.

Tao: oh, sorry, I forgot, are you still Kris? Then I'll just go and get Luhan.

Luhan: he probably won't help you, we switched roles, I'm the royal advisor today, and I'll prove being King is a lot harder!

He bends down looking at the pipe then begins to try fixing it.

Tao: oh really?

He raises an eyebrow as Luhan messes with the pipe, it suddenly bursts open and water starts spraying Luhan in the face.

Luhan: ack!!

He glares at the pipe. Jing puts a hand to to stifle her giggles while Tao leans down and puts a towel to the pipe.

Tao: normally Luhan would just fix it with his telekinesis.

Luhan: telekinesis? I can't control his power.

Tao: then I guess you'll have to fix it the old fashioned way...

Luhan: ugh where's the wrench...

Tao hands him the supplies and it takes nearly an hour before the pipe is fixed.

Luhan: ugh! Finally done!

Chen: now will you fix the toilet in my room?

Luhan: the toilet?! What happened to your toilet?!

Chen: I made the mistake of letting Tao use it.

He chuckles and Tao puts up hands defensively.

Tao: it was clogged before I used it!

Luhan: Awww man~

He whines walking into Chen's bathroom. Jing can't help but feel bad for him, but hopes that this will change his view on Luhan's job. Luhan finally finishes unclogging the toilet walking out Chen's room sighing.

Jing: I wonder how Iseul and Luhan are doing right now?

She ponders.

Kris: okay! Okay! I got it!

He sighs annoyed and pushes the papers away groaning.

Villager: but your highness! If this file isn't filled out in time, then the merchant will sell the rare crystal to someone else!

Kris: aish... Okay okay!

He takes the file looking through it and writing some things down and handing it to the villager.

Lay: what's so important about this crystal anyway? Is it magical? Or does it contain some kind of secret?

Villager: no, but it will make the king the envy of all other kingdoms!

Kris: what!? That's what it's for?!

Villager: yes, and this is the paper work for the other crystals that will complete the collection!

He drops a large stack of paperwork onto the desk. Kris stares at the paper before getting a pen out sighing and looking through the papers writing things here and there. Lay falls asleep by the time he gets through all the paperwork and when another stack is dropped in front of him, he loses his temper and burns the stack to a pile of ash.

Luhan! Calm down! You can't burn it like that!!

Kris: that's it!! I don't care about being king anymore! Kris can take this job! It's so boring! I'm surprised he hasn't burned down the castle yet with his temper!

Ah! So you admit being king is hard work too?!

Kris: ugh! Yes! If I had to deal with this everyday, I'd go insane!

Okay! Let's hurry and find Kris and Jing!!!

Xiumin: Luhan! Er, or Kris! The oven is fried again, I need your help fixing it before dinner!

Luhan: ugh! Alright!

He huffs walking into the kitchen. Luhan gets in front of the stove and opens it up to see what's wrong only to have a puff of smoke explode and cover his face is ash. He stands up and looks at them.

Luhan: we're gonna switch now! I can't handle this anymore!

Kris: so you admit being the royal advisor is hard!?

Kris walks into the kitchen with Iseul right behind him.

Luhan: ugh whatever, fine I do admit it's hard!

Kris: and I admit that being king isn't easy, now I see why you're always in such a bad mood.

Luhan: Haa well atleast we both know what it's like-!

A bright light flashes and then disappears.

Jing: Kris? Luhan?

She looks at them. They look at each other then at us and smile.

Luhan: we're back in our own bodies~!!

Kris: ah! Finally! If I have to fix one more thing!

Luhan: oh, yeah, that reminds me.

He turns to the oven and focuses, fixing the burner with his telekinesis.

Luhan: there we go!

Xiumin: ah thank you Luhan!

Kris: seriously!? Why is fixing stuff so easy for you!?

Luhan just smirks and shrugs.

Jing: ok! The last pair is Xiumin and Lay! What do you think their conflict could be?

I have no idea... I'm actually surprised they actually have a conflict between each other, they seemed to always get along.

Jing: well, both are really kind and mild mannered... I can't imagine them arguing over anything...

Exactly! Hmm I guess the only way to find out is to ask!

Jing and Iseul meet Lay and Xiumin in the dining hall to talk with them. But unlike what's expected, both boys are facing away from each other and not speaking.

I glance at Jing, seems like there really is something wrong...

I whisper.

Jing: should we talk to them?

Er, um we should.

Jing steps forward to speak to Xiumin.

Jing: Lay? Is there something wrong?

Xiumin: hm? Ah no...

Jing: really? Then why aren't you speaking with Xiumin?

Xiumin: hm?

He looks over at Xiumin before turning away.

Xiumin: well we just don't have much to talk about I guess.

Jing: eh? How are we going to solve your guys' conflict if you don't talk about it?

Xiumin: conflict?

He just shrugs. Jing pouts while Iseul tries to talk to Xiumin in Lay's body.

Hey Xiumin?

Lay: what?

Er, what's wrong between the two of you? You guys aren't talking to each other...

Lay: to be honest Iseul, I think this is a problem that might be easier solved if you weren't involved...

Huh? Me, why?

Lay: because you're the source of the conflict.

I-I am?!

Xiumin suddenly turns to Lay and Jing moves by Iseul's side to listen.

Xiumin: the truth is... We've been talking lately and...

And...?

Lay: we think this conflict won't be settled until you choose one of us...

H-huh?!

I look at them with wide eyes.

Xiumin: you know that we both like you... A lot...

Lay: and, either we solve the conflict ourselves or you choose...

I look at the guys and gulp... Choose one of them...

Xiumin: it shouldn't be too hard, it's been proven time and time again that we're meant to be together. We're soulmates.

Lay: but we've known each other longer and have an undeniable chemistry!

E-ehh... They both expect I'll pick them... But I don't wanna hurt E-ehh... They both expect I'll pick them... But I don't wanna hurt either one of them...

At this moment Rose is making another move on the castle.

Rose: I wasn't able to get Iseul the first time, but with this magic potion, I'll be rid of her once and for all!

Angel nods standing beside Rose. She opens the bottle and chants another magic spell. Letting a ray of light travel into the castle and through it's halls searching for someone.

Rose: all of this will end soon!

She smiles wickedly.

Xiumin: it's obvious she should choose me!

Lay: no! She should choose me!

They yell at each other as the magical ray of light sneaks into the dining room.

G-guys please don't fight!

I try to reason with them. The ray of light comes closer to Iseul as the others walk into the dining room because of all the commotion.

Tao: huh what's going on in here?

Kris: seriously guys! Can't you just settle your conflict already so we can have a nice and peaceful dinner?

Xiumin: it's not a simple conflict like your guys'!

Tao: Ah! Iseul look out!

A bright lights shoots off from Tao's hand at the same time as the ray of light strikes Iseul.

Oof!

I stumble looking around confused. The smoke clears and it's hard to tell whether or not Tao's time control or the ray of light hit her first. Iseul's sight becomes fuzzy as her vision goes black and all she hears are voices fading in he distance.

Kris: yah! Why'd you send her back in time!?

Tao: I don't know! I panicked!

G-guys..?! I feel my body become light then feel a burning sensation... I want to scream but can't...

Once Iseul's vision becomes clearer and her senses return to normal she finds herself in a familiar setting...

I blink looking around... This place....

You hear sounds of fighting in the distance and a familiar voice screaming out in pain.

I blink, I  look around frantically where did that scream come from?!

Sungam: He-help m-me... Please...

Sungam is holding his body in pain, his face distorted with black patches of skin. This scene is so familiar.

S-Sungam?! What's wrong with your body?!! It's just like when...

Luhan: Sungam... You'll be alright, but... You have to give up your powers! Can you do that?

Huh?

I look over at Luhan then back at Sungam.

You...still have your powers....?

Sungam: I can't entirely... Give them... Up!

Chen: Wh-what do you mean?

Sungam: I-I'm stuck... With these... Powers... Unless... They are...transferred...to someone else...

Sungam!?

I shake my head I did this already I can do this again I say to myself pushing my confusion away.

Sungam transfer those powers to me!

Lay: Iseul!?

Lay stops you.

Lay: What if you... You can't!

Lay, I'll be fine! Don't worry!

I run over to Sungam taking his hands in mine.

Jing: you act as if you've done this before.

Ready Sungam?

I close my eyes focusing. A surge of energy goes through Iseul's body as she feels herself being pulling through time.

Ah.... I slowly open my eyes...

You awake to find yourself in the bedroom of your castle, back home, in the human world...

?! I look around panicking.

W-what am I doing here?!

Sungam: ah, you're finally awake! Good morning sweetheart~!

He brings you a cup of coffee as he kisses your forehead.

H-huh?

I look at him confused.

You notice how Sungam looks a bit older and a golden band on his ring finger.

I touch the ring on his ring finger and look at him confused.

Sungam: oh, did you lose yours, sweetie?

He smiles.

Sungam: sigh, three years of being married and you still lose things.

T-three years...of being married....?

Sungam: hm? Why do you seem so surprised?

Sungam... If this is one of your jokes I swear I'm gonna hurt you!

I look at him confused yet thinking this must be some joke.

Sungam: whoa! Honey, calm down, are you having one of your memory lapses again? Let me pull out the photo album.

He leaves the room and comes back with a red velvet book filled with photos of you and Sungam. The very first page is of your wedding day and in the back ground you can see Xiumin as the cook and Lay as one of the waiters.

W-what..? L-lay?! Xiumin?!  W-what's going on?!!

I push the book away wide eyed.

Sungam: are you feeling alright, honey? Do you have a fever?

He puts his hand to your forehead.

Stop calling me honey Sungam... I look around panicking... This isn't right, h-how am I married to you?! Where are the others?! And the other world! Sungam what's going on?! My lip quivers I blink quickly trying to hold my tears back.

Sungam: hey, now...

He gets up and cups your face with his hands.

Sungam: I can tell that you're stressed, why don't you take a walk in the garden and I'll run you a hot bath?

I stare at him blankly.

Sungam: you seem to be really on edge about something... Do you want to talk about it?

Sungam... I'm confused... Why am I here?

Sungam: what do you mean?

He looks at you confused.

This isn't where I was! Sungam don't you remember?! Your powers? How we got into the rabbit hole to the other world, different from the human world?!!

Sungam: I think you're really coming down with something... There's no such thing as other worlds besides this one...

W-what...?!

Sungam: come on, we can take a walk in the garden together.

He grabs your hand and leads you outside.

I look around at the garden and see the cabbage patch... Xiumin was around here... I mutter.

Sungam: who?

I look at him then look away shaking my head... What's going on?? It doesn't make any sense... Why am I here? What happened?

He smiles and grips your hand tighter as you see a pink light out of the corner of your eye and transparent butterfly wings.

My eyes widen and I look around, was that Jing?! She's here! Maybe she knows what's going on! Where did she go?!

Sungam: Iseul, sweetie? Calm down, it's just a butterfly.

I look at Sungam: just... A butterfly...?

He nods and slowly leads you to the rose garden where a unicorn raises it's head and looks at you.

Oh! Unicorn?! My eyes widen looking at it...

Sungam: unicorn? Those don't exist silly...

He laughs as the horn seems to disappear, as if it was never there.

I gulp my eye vision become blurry.

They don't exist....

Sungam points up to the sky.

Sungam: oh! Would you look at that?

A red spot floats above your heads and you swear you see a dragon.

Dragon...

I shake my head looking back at the sky to see nothing.

Sungam: hm... Maybe you're still tired. Let's get you back to bed...

I don't say anything and let him take me back to my room.

He tucks you into bed and kisses your forehead before closing the door and leaving.

I look around the room thinking... Was this all just... A dream...? That's impossible! I shake my head and turning to the side closing my eyes unsure what else to do.

You hear a rustling outside that draws your attention to the window where a deer and a white rabbit are seen standing in the garden.

Oh?! Is that Xiumin? And Luhan? I blink staring at the them. Or not....?

You jump back from the window when you notice a black scorpion sitting on the window sill.

Ahh! I shout and step back looking at the scorpion.

Sungam: ah! Everything ok!?

He runs into the room and looks at you.

S-Sungam...?

I look back at the window sill.

Sungam: is there something outside that's bothering you?

He looks at the window seeing nothing there.

Ah sorry... Must've been a bad dream...

Sungam: oh, here, these are some herbs that I hear are good for that kind of stuff, I forget the names of them though... Was it clary sage oil and eucalyptus?

I gulp clary sage and eucalyptus.....

He lays the herbs on he desk near your bed and leads you back to bed.

I lie down on the bed and look at him.

Sungam: try to get some rest, I'm sure you'll feel better by tomorrow, your aunt Rose is coming over to visit.

R-Rose?!!

I look at him with wide eyes.

Sungam: hm? Do you not have a good relationship with your aunt?

Ah...no...?

Sungam smiles.

Sungam: I'm sure she'll be happy to see you. Now get some rest.

He closes the door again.

I stare up at the ceiling for a bit before my eyelids become heavy and I close my eyes.

The room is quiet but a few familiar voices enter your head like whispers then it sounds as of they're inside your head saying "Iseul... Iseul... Can you hear me...?"

Ah! Guys! Is that you?!

Your head begins to feel heavy as the room goes dark and the voices fade and become louder as if they're in the room.

Ah... I slowly move my head, opening my eyes...

Lay: oh my gosh! Iseul! Are you ok!?

He grips your hand and holds it tightly. Tears are falling down his face.

L-lay?!

I sit up and look at him.

Is that really you?! Wait... This isn't a dream...?

You find yourself laying in a bed in the infirmary.

Lay: i-it's not a dream! You're really back! I was so worried!

Xiumin looks at him then back at you and nods.

R-really? My vision becomes blurry and I let my tears finally fall... I thought I'd never see you...any of you ever again...

Kris: after Tao sent you back in time we tried to bring you back, but I think he accidentally sent you too far into the future...

Ah really? Well I'm glad I'm back...

Jing: so, what was the future like? How far ahead were you?

I gulp... The future... It showed me in the human world.... With Sungam...as my husband...

Luhan: wh-what!? Does that mean you're going to marry Sungam in the future!?

Lay: no! That can't be right! The future can be changed!

I don't know... I shake my head... But it showed a future wear you guys didn't exist... Where Sungam didn't know about you... And I was going to meet Rose as my aunt....

Tao: well, she is the sister to you father isn't she? That does make her aunt, but...

Jing: by the way! Lay and Xiumin fixed their conflict while you were away! And they're back in their own bodies!

They did?! How?

Xiumin: well... After you disappeared, Lay was so distraught, he really thought he lost you. We were both devastated, but... I suppose after seeing the way Lay reacted to your disappearance, I think you mean more to him than I originally thought...

I look at Xiumin letting the words settle in then look at Lay...

Xiumin: so, I've decided... That you and Lay really are meant to be together... And even though it breaks my heart... I care about your happiness more...

He blinks away the tears and smiles at you.

Ah...Xiumin...I smile at him...

Jing: yay! Everything's back to normal now!!

Yeah!

Xiumin: heh, I'll get started on dinner...

He pats your head and leaves for the kitchen, while Lay is still holding on tightly to your hand as if you might disappear again.

Lay... I put my other hand on top of his.

Lay: ah...

He smiles at you.

Lay: it's... It's so good to have you back...

Yeah... I'm happy to see you all again!...

Tao: I'm really sorry I sent you back in time, then... Forward in time... I was just really scared of what that strange light was going to do to you!

Ah no it's fine! Don't worry about it!

Kris: that does bring up the question of what that light was and where it came from...?

Luhan: this is all points to Rose's doing!

Rose, does seem like the one who did this.

Chen: is there any way to stop her once and for all?

Kris: hmm... I'm not sure how to stop her we haven't even seen her at all.

She still has Angel by her side right? What if we somehow get her separated from angel, she won't be powerful at all right?

Luhan: that's a good start, how should we separate them?

Hmm... Well, first we need know of their whereabouts too, but also if she's a snake, don't snakes have those sensors, so she might know we're there so a sneak attack might be hard.

Luhan: well, we still know about Angel's weakness for cute animals so maybe we can use Xiumin as a distraction.

Hm that's true, but do you think she'll fall for it a second time? She could be on guard this time too.

Luhan: Angel has a simple mind since she was raised under Rose's ruling. I don't think she's very smart, but she's still pretty dangerous.

Ah well alright, so we'll use the same plan again to get her distracted then.

Jing: now we just need to figure out where they are...

Hmm... They're probably hiding in a place in the kingdom still or the magical forest maybe? So they won't be seen so easily?

Kris: let's get something to eat and then think about it tomorrow.

Oh, alright then.

Xiumin places the food on the tables as everyone sits down and begins to eat. We soon finish up eating and I take the dishes into the kitchen to wash them. A knock at the castle doors is heard.

Jing: oh! I'll get it!

Hm? I wonder who it is?

Jing opens the doors.

Jing: ah! It's good to see you again! How was your trip? Good? Bad? Did you have fun?

Sungam: it was good, did I miss anything?

Jing: er...

She takes a glance at everyone sitting at the table and eating then looks back at him and smiles.

Jing: nope! Nothing happened, boring as always~!

Sungam: aw~ really? Well that's too bad.

Jing: but you're just in time for dinner so come join us!

She grabs his arm and pulls him into the dining hall.

Sungam: ah! Okay good! I'm starving!

He sits at the table with everyone else and enjoys the meal until it's time to clean up. Everyone picks up after themselves and I finish up washing the dishes.

Kris: well, it's been an interesting day, get some sleep everyone.

He yawns and slowly walks to his own room.

Ah good night~!

That night as everyone is resting peacefully, Rose returns to the cave of Jing's grandmother to ask for one more favor...

Grandma: you again?

She looks at Rose surprised.

Rose: oh, you don't look happy to see me.

She fakes sounding hurt and pouts.

Grandma:...why are you here?

Rose: I need to open a portal to the dark world.

Grandma: what?! To the dark world?! Are you insane?!

Rose snaps her fingers and Angel runs forward, holding a hand to the old woman's throat.

Rose: I can assure you, I'm completely sane.

Grandma: ugh!

She waves her arms frantically.

Rose: if you help me open a portal to the dark world I can finally take control of the eastern kingdom and secure a portal to the human world.

She doesn't know about the portal in the cave... Jing's grandmother thinks to herself.

Grandma looks at Rose: do you know what a dark portal can cause to the world? It isn't something that can be easily controlled once opened...

Rose: I don't care about that! All I care about is power! If you don't help me, I'll be forced to take other measures, and I can't guarantee the safety of your granddaughter.

Grandma: no! Wait! Don't do anything to Jing! I-I'll open it!

Rose: good, so happy you're willing to help.

She smiles and Angel backs away, returning to her side.

Grandma: Haa...

She slowly closes her eyes and chanting a spell holding her arms out. Rose quietly takes out a black stone that seeps a red aura as the portal begins to open like a black hole in the center of the cave. The portal fully opens and Grandma steps back looking at the portal then at Rose.

Grandma: the portal is now open...

Rose: thank you for all your help, now I have no more use for you.

She holds the stone in front of her and a red light strikes Jing's grandmother.

Jing: No!!

Jing sits up in bed screaming.

J-Jing?!

I groggily get up looking at her.

Is something wrong...?

She tries to control her breathing and calm down. She wipes away at the sweat on her forehead.

Jing: I just... Had a nightmare, that's all...

A nightmare? Do you wanna talk about it?

Jing: ah, it's fine, go back to sleep.

Ah, alright then...

I yawn before going back to bed falling asleep. Jing pulls the covers up to her chin and quietly mumbles to herself.

Jing: what was that feeling just now...?

 

The next morning~

I get up walking into the kitchen.

Morning~

Xiumin: ah, morning Iseul!

Lay: good morning~!

Oh~ what are you making for breakfast?

Xiumin: just some pancakes and fruit, with some special herbs on Jing's plate from Lay.

Oh~ I see.

Lay: she says she's been having trouble sleeping lately, so I thought that these might help.

Ah yeah, last night she said she had a nightmare...

Luhan: I really hope it's not a premonition like it says in fairy lore... Bad dreams mean bad things in the future.

Ah I hope it's nothing serious...

Chen: you're all being superstitious, she's just having a few bad dreams. When Tao had the same problem we just locked him in the basement at night so he'd stop being afraid of the dark.

You did? But I think he's still afraid of the dark isn't he?

Tao: yeah! It didn't work! So you made me suffer for nothing!

Chen: well it wasn't nothing, I got a good laugh out of it.

Tao pouts and sighs.

Jing walks into the room yawning and rubbing her eye sleepily.

Jing: ah, sorry I woke up so late... I promise to help out with lunch...

Xiumin: oh don't worry about it, it's fine! We have breakfast ready.

Jing smiles and sits down for breakfast, enjoying the pancakes.

Jing: what are these?

She pokes at the herbs on her plate.

Xiumin: they're herbs, kinda to relax your mind since you said you've been having trouble sleeping lately.

Jing: ah, really? Thank you so much!

She continues eating as Sungam strolls into the dining hall.

Sungam: morning everybody~!

Jing: ah! Good morning!

Sungam: oh pancakes~!

He sits down and begins eating.

Kris sighs.

Kris: so where did you go?

Sungam: hm? Oh you know just traveling here and there~

Kris: find what you were looking for?

Sungam: hm yup~!

Jing looks up.

Jing: we're you looking for something?

Sungam: ah well somewhat I guess.

Kris: he was looking for his father's grave.

Kris sets down his fork. Sungam chews slowly looking at his food.

Jing: really!? Wh-why didn't you tell me!? And more importantly why did you tell Kris!?

Sungam: whoa! Hey er sorry...

Kris: he asked me, because Luhan and I were the last people to have seen his father. He passed away when the castle of the southern kingdom burned down with him inside it.

Sungam: yeah...

Jing: so... Did you find it...? Your father's grave?

Sungam: Haa yeah... I found my father's grave...

Chen: was it what you were expecting or...?

Sungam: well I wasn't expecting anything special... It was just... A grave...

Jing reaches out a hand and pats him on the back.

Jing: I miss my parents too, they're not exactly around anymore, but at least you have us!

Sungam smiles: ah yeah that's true!

Tao: well, I'm done!

Jing: ah! Already? You usually eat more than that in the morning.

Tao: I've got somewhere to be!

Kris: is that so? Alright then.

Chen: that's weird, is it just me or has Tao been acting... Different?

Kris: different? I haven't noticed anything.

Luhan: that's because you don't pay attention...

Luhan grumbles.

Kris: yah! Aish...

Jing: maybe we should follow him and be all stealthy like spies and see what he's up to~!

Chen: oh~ count me in!

Sungam: hehe! Things are getting interesting around here~!

Chen: alright let's hurry! Before we lose him!

Jing, Chen and Sungam run out of the dining room while Kris just sighs and holds his head.

Kris: I know I should be worried, but I'm really not...

Luhan: hm? And why is that?

Kris: I'm sure they're just going to get themselves in trouble, but I don't really have the energy to care...

He leans back in his chair.

Luhan chuckles: alright.

Xiumin: while we're here, should we discuss how we're going to separate Angel and Rose?

Kris: oh right, sure might as well.

They begin talking as the other three continue their chase, pausing for a moment to hide behind a wall when Tao stops and turns around. They all wait as Tao's footsteps become faint.

Sungam: I think he's gone, let's keep moving.

He whispers. Jing and Chen nod as they quietly walk out following in the direction Tao went. After a few minutes of walking, Tao stops again and a girl stands in front of him.

Jing: omo! Who is that!?

Chen: shh! Let's listen!

He whispers and turns back around trying to listen to their conversation.

??: sorry, I'm so late, I got a little held up.

Tao: it's fine! Really!

Everyone stays quiet waiting for the two to continue.

Tao: so, Bella, what do you want to do? We have the whole day to ourselves~!

Bella: why don't we go for a walk and get to know each other a bit more?

She smiles and small fangs can be seen.

Chen looks at the fangs surprised: she's a vampire?!

He whispers.

Sungam: seriously? They don't exist in this world, though... Do they?

Chen: er... Not really, at least we haven't heard about them in a while, we thought they all disappeared.

Suddenly the girl known as Bella turns and sniffs the air.

Tao: is everything alright?

Bella: I smell something... Human...

She her lips and runs towards Sungam and the others.

Bella: gotcha!

She exclaims when she finds them.

Jing: eep!

Tao walks over to where Bella is and look at the others surprised: whoa! What are you guys doing here?!

Chen chuckles nervously.

Chen: yo~! What's up? I see you got yourself a girlfriend, she seems nice...

Sungam: could you please ask her not to bite me?

Tao sighs frowning at the two: sorry about those two...

He says looking at Bella.

Bella: oh, so the human one isn't a snack?

She looks down disappointed.

Tao: Haa... These guys are my friends that's Chen, Sungam and Jing.

He says pointing at each one of them.

Bella: oh! It's so nice to meet you! Any friend of Tao's is a friend of mine! Even if they do look delicious enough to eat!

Jing: thank you...?

Chen: yo! Tao! You've got some explaining to do! I don't think the others are going to appreciate the fact that you've been hiding a girlfriend from us!

Tao: er... Well I wasn't exactly going to hide anything...

Jing: do you think... It would be ok if we tell the others?

Tao: hm, ah well, I guess might as well, they're going to find out at some point right?

Sungam: right! Let's go now!

Tao: ah alright, c'mon Bella!

Everyone returns to the castle and explains to the others who all stare at Bella with their jaws open.

Tao: so...uh...

He looks at the others waiting for someone to say something.

Luhan: Tao, may I have a word with you?

Luhan gets up from his seat and walks into the hall.

Tao: ah alright...

He walk into the hall where Luhan is.

Luhan: Tao, is your um... Girlfriend a... A vampire?

Tao: yeah she is, why?

Luhan: you know she's a dark creature don't you!? And dark creatures don't belong in the magical world!! Her presence here is a bad omen!!

Tao: she isn't a bad person! Just because she's a vampire doesn't mean 'her presence is a bad omen'!

Luhan: no, I don't think you understand, her kind isn't normally in the magical world! This means that the portal to the dark world is open and others like her are loose in this world!

Tao:... A portal to the dark world opened...? But how?

Luhan: I don't know... But that means that powerful and dark creatures like... Bella are running around our world wreaking havoc.

Tao: !!ah... I didn't know....

Luhan: we have to do something about... Your girlfriend and send all the dark creatures back to their world before people get hurt.

Tao: ah... Yeah, he nods, we could ask Bella where she and others came out, so we can know where the portal is.

Luhan: you know, this means, that... You have to send Bella back too...

Tao:...I guess...I have no choice...

He looks down. Luhan pats him on the back.

Luhan: I'm sorry Tao...

Tao: ah no it's fine.... Let's go back to the others and ask Bella.

Luhan and Tao return when all of a sudden someone starts pounding on door of the castle.

Oh? I'll go get it.

I rush to the door and open it. Suho and the others run inside. Their clothes are ripped and tattered and they look like they've been in a major fight.

Whoa! Guys?! What happened to you all?!

Suho: the western castle! It's-! Its!

Chanyeol: it's destroyed! It's in ruins!

What!? How?! why??

D.O.: we were attacked! By dark creatures! I don't know how or why...

Tao: dark creatures?!

His eyes widen then looks at Luhan then at Bella.

Tao: Bella... Where is the portal where you all came from?

Bella: portal? Hm... I think it's in a cave, near the mountains.

Jing: wh-where my grandma is!?

Tao: might be! We should hurry and check if the portal really is there!

Jing: r-right! I'll go with you!

Tao: okay! Come on! Let's hurry!

They leave in a hurry while Suho falls to the floor and hits it with his fist.

Suho: I knew I shouldn't have been left in charge as king! This is all my fault!

Kris: whoa! Hey now, don't blame yourself, you didn't know that there would be dark creatures coming.

Suho: but I should've done more to protect my people! I tried to save as many as I could! But... There were still so many that...

Kris kneels next to him patting his back.

Bella: we're almost there!

Bella calls as she continues flying with Jing by her side to the mountain. They soon reach the mountain and Jing rushes inside. She sees her grandmother lying on the floor of the cave her body motionless.

Jing: grandma!?

No response...

She flies over and touches her body only to feel a cold and hard surface.

Jing: she's been turned to stone!!

Tao: stone?!

Bella steps closer and touches the surface.

Bella: she's still alive, just in a dormant state... Like she's sleeping...

Jing breathes a sigh of relief.

Tao: hmm... Who could've done this....

Bella: look out!

Bella pushes Tao out of the way as a red light shoots past him.

Rose: tch! So close!

Tao: Rose!?

Rose: you'll never close the portal! And the eastern kingdom will be mine!

She declares and she disappears into the shadows.

Tao: tsk! So this was her doing!

Jing: there has to be a way to reverse this!

Jing sits by her grandmother.

Tao: hm... But how? Ah maybe the books in the library back at the castle might have something!

Jing: please ask Luhan if he can do anything, I don't want to leave her side until she's cured...

Tao: ah I understand I'll tell him.

Bella flies Tao back to the castle where Lay is tending to Suho's wounds.

Lay: you really did your best to defend the castle, no one else could have handled such wounds, if they didn't try.

Suho doesn't say anything but nods.

Tao: guys! Guys!

Kris: hm? Tao, Bella, back so soon? Where's Jing?

Tao: ah she wanted to stay by her grandmother's side. the portal was opened by Rose.

Luhan: of course! And Jing's grandmother is probably the only one who knows how to close it!

Tao: er...the problem is...Rose turned her to stone...

Chen: what!? She turned a sweet little old lady into stone!? The only person who could've helped us at this point!?

Tao: Haa... That's why we came back maybe there is something in the library that can help us.

Luhan: I don't know... This is ancient and dark magic... It might take awhile...

Kai: I apologize for interrupting, but we don't have much time! The dark creatures are on their way here!

Tao: here?! Ah! How are we going to stop them?!!

Kris: by fighting! That's all we can do for now, but Luhan and the others enough time to find a cure for Jing's grandmother and a way to close the portal!

Tao: ah alright! We should get ready now!

Kris: my team will defend the castle while you guys search the library!

Kris tells Suho who nods and gestures for the others to follow him.

Lay: i should probably help them since I'm no help in a fight.

Ah, alright! Good luck! Hope you find something!

Chanyeol: I'll take his place! I still have enough energy to fight!

Sehun: me too!

Ah! Are you sure?

The two nod confidently.

Luhan: I'll help Lay look through the books since I know the library best!

Kai: I think I'll be much more help in the field since I'm not much of a reader.

Kris: alright! Sounds good!

The two groups change members and split into two teams. Outside the dark creatures approach with their red eyes glowing and fangs dripping saliva.

I shudder : they look so...terrifying.

Kai: we've already fought them once! They're weak to fire and light! Baekhyun got hurt pretty badly and lost a lot of energy!

Kris: Chanyeol and I will be able to fight them off easily then, since we both have fire! Everyone prepare yourselves!

The dark creatures all emit a high pitched screeching sound that causes everyone to fall to their knees and cover their ears. The screeching suddenly stops and we all look up to see them coming at us quickly. Kris and Chanyeol arm themselves with a flame in each hand while Sehun creates a small tornado. Tao and Kai raise their fists. A group of them jump at Tao and Kai. They struggle a bit but are able to hold them off. Kris breathes torrent of fire at them, sending a lot of them back, but they just keep coming.

Tao: ugh! How many are there?!!

Kai: thousands...

He points in the distance as a dark cloud approaches, but it's not a cloud... It's a large group of dark creatures, all huddled together like crows, they fly up and block out the sun.

Tao's eyes widen:...how...

Kris: don't be intimidated! Just keep fighting!

He sends ten dark creatures back before transforming into a dragon and scattering twenty more. Chanyeol throws fire balls at the dark creatures while the others continue to fight them off.

Chanyeol: are we using that tactic now? Fine by me!

He smiles widely and transforms into a Phoenix. His wings ignited with fire and scaring many of the dark creatures.

Kai: might as well I turn to.

As he says that he turns into a wolf and runs at a few creatures pushing them down biting down on them.

Tao: ah! Don't count me out!

He transforms into a panda and moves surprisingly quick, taking down several creatures. I follow after the others as well turning into a tiger and we continue to fight off the creatures.

In the library, Suho and the others are hurriedly looking through books, flipping pages and tossing useless book aside, until there's a mess of books and paper on the floor.

Luhan: ugh! Why isn't there anything in this one either?! This is like the twentieth book I tossed out!

He sighs frustrated picking up another one and looking through it.

Suho: we have to stay calm... We can't help anyone if we lose our temper...

Lay opens a book on medicine and magical cures.

Luhan: Haa... Right... Lay, that's a book on medicine and cures how is that supposed to help us right now?

Lay: well, it was magic that turned her grandmother to stone, wasn't it? I'm sure there has to be something in here.

Luhan: ahh alright alright continue.

D.O.: maybe I can help, stones and rocks are my speciality.

Luhan: oh that's right!

Baekhyun is sitting on a cot, with his arm in a sling and he swallows some medicine as he sits and reads.

Baekhyun: I really wish I was out there helping...

Lay: you're injured, and you're helping by looking through books with us.

The others continue to look through the books still not able to find much.

D.O.: wait! Wait! Go back!

D.O. stops Lay from turning the page and points to a black rock on the page.

Lay: hm?

He looks at the rock on the page.

D.O.: it says here that this rock can turn people to stone! Do you think that's what Rose used on Jing's grandma?

Lay: oh! Most likely!

Xiumin hops down from a shelf and looks at the page as well.

Xiumin: it says here that to reverse the effect we need to break the rock.

Luhan: break the rock huh? Well we need to get it from Rose and we don't even know where she is!

D.O.: it's made of stone, so if I can get close enough I can probably get it from her.

Luhan: oh! That sounds good! But we'll need to find Rose too.

Suho: she can't be too far, I have a feeling that she's leading the dark creatures.

Luhan: hmm that does seem like it... So she is nearby then.

Baekhyun: we should pull her out of hiding, like shine a spotlight on her or use something she wants as bait.

Lay: something she wants?

Xiumin: what do you think she wants?

Suho: hmm... She seems only wanting the castle and power... I don't think that'll be such an easy bait though...

Luhan: the portal to the human world! Isn't that what she's been after since the day she came here?

Suho: the portal to the human world... Ah yes! I do remember her occasionally speaking about it, that must be it then!

Xiumin: the portal here is only open during full moons though, while the one in the cave is always open.

Luhan: I don't think Rose knows about the portal in the cave.

Suho: a portal in the cave? Well if she sees us going to the cave and talking about the human portal she might or most likely follow us.

Baekhyun: we have to be careful though, if she gains control of that portal there's no telling what kind of havoc she'll wreak.

Luhan: right, so we'll have to get around the area but making sure we don't get too close to the portal.

Suho: alright! We have a plan! Let's go!

Lay: whoa! You and Baekhyun should rest, both of you were pretty injured in the last battle...

Baekhyun: ugh what~ he pouts, man I can't do anything to help!

Lay: you can fight as soon as I finish healing your wounds, but it will take some time.

Baekhyun and Suho sigh while Lay goes to the infirmary to get his supplies. Luhan chats with Xiumin and D.O. about the plan.

Xiumin: so the plan is basically us going towards the portal and getting near the area. Then a surprise attack correct?

Luhan: correct, we work on getting D.O. closer so he can get the stone from Rose. I also think this would be a good opportunity to separate Rose and Angel.

Xiumin: well I can just turn into a rabbit and distract like always.

Luhan: be careful, now that we know that Angel's spirit animal is a snake, we have an idea of how dangerous she really is.

Xiumin: er right.

On the battle field it looks like the dark creatures are finally backing down and retreating.

Ha...ha... They're finally retreating....

I continue to stare at the creatures.

Kai: but we should still stay on guard...

The others breathe heavily as they return to their human forms.

Kris: they'll be back with even more soon, let's try to recharge before they do.

Chanyeol: right! Do you think the book team found anything yet?

Chen laughs a little.

Chen: the book team, sounds like something that Luhan would be in charge of, I'm sure they've already got a plan.

Chanyeol: ah well that's good!

Sehun and Tao look in the distance as black clouds gather. The wind speed and increases and Sehun tries to create a wall to block the wind from hitting the castle.

Tao: huh!? When did those huge  clouds get there?!

The wind blows around rapidly and forcefully.

Sungam: less talking, more getting inside where we won't die by asphyxiation!

Tao: asy-?! What?! Whatever let's get inside then!

Everyone runs inside. The wind dies down a little, thanks to Sehun, but it sounds like a storm is approaching.

Tao: you think that storm will hold the creatures off for a while?

Sungam: unless they're the ones causing it...

Tao: those things can cause a storm!?

Kris: I don't care if they can create volcanoes, I'm not letting those creatures destroy this kingdom.

Er, how about we go check on how the others are coming along with the plan?

Luhan: huh, looks like you read my mind for once.

Luhan walks into the room with papers in hand and Xiumin and D.O. behind him.

Oh! What are all those papers?

Luhan: details about the surrounding area, about the stone and how the plan is going to play out.

Oh the plan? What is it then?

Luhan lays the papers out, and lays a large map out for all of us to see.

Luhan: alright, here's where the portal in the kingdom is.

Luhan points to a spot on the map where the lake used to be.

Luhan: but we want to lead Rose to the portal in the cave which is located in the mountains.

Kris: then, to lead Rose there, I get the feeling it won't be too hard to fool that fool.

Luhan: the last thing we want to do is underestimate her, afterall that is how she tricked you.

Luhan smirks. Kris glares at Luhan before sighing in defeat: right...

Xiumin: my job is to distract and distance Angel while D.O. closes in on Rose and takes the stone. As soon as it's destroyed, the curse on Jing's grandmother will be lifted and she can tell us how to close the portal.

Kris: hm, then we should try to get this plan started as soon as possible...

He looks out the window to check on the storm.

D.O.: I'm ready if you are.

He cracks his knuckles and Chen stifles a laugh.

Chen: look at this guy trying to be tough.

D.O blankly glances at him before looking away.

Kris: well we all should get this plan into action then.

Tao: I'll let Bella know the plan.

Luhan: actually, Tao... I think it would be best if you don't speak with her anymore...

Tao: w-what? Why not?

Luhan: she's a dark creature and when we close the portal... We have to send her back too...

Tao: oh... But...

He looks down at his feet.

Luhan: sorry, Tao, but that's just how it has to be.

He turns to the others to tell them their roles in the plan.

Luhan: Xiumin you need to distract angel like we decided, the others we'll have Chen, Iseul, Tao and I up at the front, while the rest of you guys at the very back keeping a bit of a distance so when the time comes we'll be able to surround her.

Chen: yes sir!

Chen salutes with his signature smile.

Luhan: alright! Let's get going then!

Kris leads his group a bit behind the others while Luhan speaks loudly enough with Xiumin about the portal in the caves.

Luhan: the human portal is nearby~! We'll be there in no time!

Xiumin: we're really lucky that Rose didn't know about the portal in the caves. She might have known about it had she not turned Jing's grandma to stone.

Luhan nods eagerly smiling. Rose is in the shadows of the trees with Angel near her. She grips the branch until it almost breaks.

Rose: they're mocking me.

She says through gritted teeth. Luhan hides a smirk hearing Rose's  thoughts and continues talking about the portal.

Xiumin: let's hurry and tell Jing that we found a cure for her grandma! The others that are back at the castle can defend it while we're gone!

Luhan: right! Almost there!

Rose starts to take slow careful steps following the guys. Xiumin smirks before turning around, surprising Rose.

Xiumin: stop right there!

He says and freezes her legs to the ground.

Rose: ugh! What is this!!? She tries to move but fails: Angel! Get me out of this!!

Angel runs forward but stops in her tracks when Xiumin transforms and runs into the woods. She suddenly looks conflicted on where to go.

Rose: Angel! Don't follow that stupid, ugly creature and get me out of this!

Angel turns to her and disappears into the woods after Xiumin while D.O. runs forward and snatches the stone out of Rose's pocket. He holds it in front of her face and crushes it in his hand until it's dust.

Rose: NOOO!!!

She screams and wails throwing her arms around like a mad woman.

Luhan: good job! I'm going ahead to the cave to see if Jing's grandma is cured!

He runs off towards the mountains. Rose continues her tantrum as Luhan reaches the cave. Jing looks at the face of her grandmother, is open as if she were screaming before she was turned to stone.

Jing: please get better...

She whispers as Luhan runs in through the entrance.

Luhan: Jing! Is your grandma awake?!

Jing: Luhan!? N-no, she...

Jing stops mid sentence as she feels warmth beneath her hand and movement. Her grandmother begins to move and slowly sits up.

Luhan: ah! She's awake!

Jing: grandma!

She cries into her robes.

Grandma: oh Jing! What's going on?

She pats her head softly.

Grandma: oh the portal! It's still open isn't it!?

Luhan: ah, ye-yeah, that's what we wanted to ask you about... Do you... Know how to close it?

Grandma: the portal...it isn't easy to close... It must be closed from both sides...

Luhan: both sides? Meaning someone in the dark world has to be closing it too... But how would we be able to get them back...?

Grandma: the one who summoned them... They are the ones who must step into the whole that will cause the creatures to get pulled back in.

Luhan: there's no way we can get Rose to close the portal...

Bella: I'll do it.

Bella flies into the cave.

Luhan: Bella?!

Luhan: ah that would be best , it's possible right?

He turns to Jing's grandmother.

Grandma: I'm sure if someone who has pure intentions can close the portal as well.

Luhan: hm, alright then.

Bella looks at Luhan.

Bella: I'm willing to risk my life to protect Tao, you may not think so, but I love him, and will do anything to help him.

Luhan: oh....

He looks at Bella feeling a bit guilty for thinking of her badly but shakes it off.

Jing: Lu-Luhan... Do you really think this is going to work?

Luhan: erm, but what other option do we have?

Jing: is Rose still here? She hasn't escaped?

Luhan: yeah she's still there, she's trapped.

Suddenly a strike of lighting illuminates the cave and screaming can be heard in the distance.

W-what was that scream?!!

Kris grunts as he hits the ground. Dark creatures push them back and stand in front of Rose protectively.

Rose cackles and looks at us.

Rose: attack them.

She says viciously. The creatures spring at us from all sides. Kris swears under his breath as he quickly gets to his feet and transforms into a dragon, breathing flames and lighting the trees nearby on fire. The creatures hiss seeing the bright fire around them and hesitate to attack him. Jing, Luhan and Bella arrive on the scene to help but are immediately pushed back by more dark creatures.

Luhan: aish!

He uses his telekenises to push some creatures back.

Tao: ah! Bella! Are you ok?

He catches her as she falls and holds her wings back so they don't get crushed.

Bella: ah Tao! I'm fine!

She quickly gets up and sees a dark creature coming after Tao and pushes him to the side and kicks the creature. Sungam hits a few creatures, but is pinned to the ground by one before Jing pulls it off of him.

Jing: please be careful Sungam! Dark creatures eat humans!

Sungam grumbles but nods at Jing quickly getting up. The battle continues while one dark creature picks up Rose and spreads it's wings.

Rose: take me to the cave!

She demands. The creature growls and flies away towards the cave.

Luhan: argh! After her! We can't let her get to the portal!

We all race to the cave and quickly get up into the cave. Xiumin appears, still in his rabbit form with Angel right behind him.

Kai: the wind is getting stronger! I think the storm is right on top of us!

Kai yells above the roar of the thunder as Sehun tries to keep the wind from blowing them out of the cave.

Luhan: we need to hurry!

Rose stands between the portal to the dark world and the lake where the portal to the human world is hidden.

Rose: so it was here the whole time.

She laughs.

Rose: this is even better than the portal in the eastern kingdom!

Luhan: shoot!

He stares at Rose and the two portals with wide eyes. Kris returns to his human form as he flies into the cave with Chanyeol, Suho and Baekhyun. Lay, Chen and D.O. surround Rose on the left while Sungam, Kai and Sehun surround her on the right.

Rose looks all of them with a sour expression then notices Angel: well what are you waiting for? She asks Angel the gesturing to the others: get them out of my way.

Angel just stares at her then at the white rabbit on the floor of the cave and picks him up and cuddles him. Rose just sighs angrily and orders her minions to attack. The creatures come at the guys attacking them. Chanyeol and Kris hold them off with a wall made of fire and flames while Luhan and Sungam get closer to Rose.

Rose: don't you dare get near me!!

She glares at the two taking a step back. They look at eachother and nod as Bella flies forward and pushes Rose off her flying creature.

Rose: oof!!

She quickly gets up the creature getting infront of her to protect her. D.O. creates a rock wall separating Rose and the creature while Kai teleports near the creature and kicks it out of the cave.

Rose: ugh!!

She hisses agitated.

Kris: there's nowhere to run now!

Rose looks between the guys and then between the portals, a bit of a distance between her and the human portal but she sprints towards the portal trying to escape through it.

Sungam: ah! There's no way you're getting away that easily!

Chen and Sungam stand in front of the portal blocking her path.

Rose: ah!!

She screams frustrated. Bella flies into the portal while Luhan focuses all his energy on closing the portal to the dark world.

Tao: Bella!? What is she doing!?

Luhan:... She's doing it... To close the portal!

He says looking at the portal.

Tao: what!? No! I'm not losing her!

He jumps into the portal after her.

Luhan: Tao!!

He pauses closing the portal trying to keep it open. The dark creatures start getting into the portal. They attempt to cling to the walls of the cave but Kris and Chanyeol kick at them forcing them to let go.

Kris: it's working!

The creatures hiss and wail getting in and soon all the creatures are pulled inside, but Luhan tries to keep it open.

Luhan: T-Tao's still in there!

One last dark creature gets in through the opening of the cave and knocks into Angel, sending her flying towards the portal. She drops Xiumin who returns to his human form and clings to the edge. She looks pleadingly at Rose who kicks at her hands and she falls in.

Xiumin: ah! Angel!

Luhan: eurgh!! I can't keep this thing open for much longer!!

Tao crawls out of the portal holding Bella tightly by the hand and Angel is clinging to him. Xiumin helps them out and Luhan looses his control over it and the portal instantly closes.

Rose: no! No!

Rose screams as Chen and Sungam hold her back.

Luhan sighs looking at her tiredly: shall I knock her out so she'll shut up?

Kris: please do.

He rubs his temples. Rose kicks Chen on the foot and he screams, releasing her. She runs towards the human portal and Sungam runs after her. Luhan looks at her and focuses on knocking her out before she reaches the portal.

Rose: I will not lose so easily!

She pulls another stone out and this one is glowing a dark green color.

Sungam: ugh what is that stone?!!

She throws it on the floor of the cave and it instantly shatters revealing a smaller portal to the dark world.

Rose: I can still win! This one won't stay open for long, but long enough for me to gain a dark creature powerful enough to stop you!

 

Sungam pushes Rose into the portal to the dark world but she grabs his ankle and pulls him in as well.

Rose: If I'm going to be trapped in the dark world for eternity then I'm taking you with me!

Jing: No! He'll die in the dark world!

Sungam: ugh!

He tries to free himself from Rose's grasp. Jing grabs his hand as the portal starts closing. Rose cackles evilly as she begins to climb up Sungam. He looks down at Rose and then at Jing and the others.

Sungam: Jing. you have to let go.

Jing: what!?

Sungam are you crazy?!

Sungam: It's ok, Jing... This is my destiny... This is what I was meant to do... You and this world will finally be safe once Rose is no longer in it, and if I have to give my life to make that happen... Then I couldn't ask for a better way to go...

He let's go and Rose screams as they both fall into the dark world and the portal closes. Jing falls to her knees and as she touches the spot where the portal once was.

Jing: Sungam...

She let's a tear fall. Kris quietly walks over to her and wraps his arms around her letting her cry. Kris gently brushes his hands through her hair, trying to calm her down and the rest of us are silent. Luhan breaks the silence first.

Luhan: it's finally over... Rose is gone...

Kris: yeah...

Chen: l-let's go back to the castle... And enjoy a nice hot meal for our victory, yeah?

He tries to put on a smile, but it's not genuine.

Xiumin: yeah, we should, I'll make a nice meal! C'mon.

Kris gently leads Jing away and the others follow quietly behind. The castle is almost silent as everyone walks in and Xiumin and D.O. begin preparing something to eat. Soon the food is prepared and served and we all take our seats. Everyone eats without saying a word. The food making them feel better and filling their stomachs, but a heavy feeling still fills the air... We all slowly pick up our plates and take the to the kitchen to wash them and everyone decides to either get some rest or do some other work. Days pass by, but the heavy feeling remains until one morning during another quiet breakfast Chen slams his hand down on the table surprising everyone. We all look up at Chen surprised, wondering what happened.

Chen: that's it!! I'm tired of everyone acting so sullen and miserable just because...

He pauses, not really wanting to bring up the subject.

Chen: but that day was a huge victory for us and I think we've let enough time pass for the wounds to heal.

We all look at each other,

Luhan: Haa... Well you're right.

Chen: we should celebrate! Where are Suho and the others? They're still here right? It's not like they have a kingdom to get back to.

He laughs and then realizes his mistake.

Chen: sorry... That was insensitive of me...

Luhan: Haa... They're still here.

At that moment Suho runs in with a bird on his arm and a message is his hand.

Suho: guys! Guys! Big news!

He slips and falls on something.

Suho: oof!

Luhan: uh, you okay there?

Tao and Bella walk into the room.

Tao: what's going on?

Suho slowly gets up.

Suho: I'm fine! But look at this!

He unrolls the piece of paper.

Luhan: hm?

He gets up taking a closer look at the paper.

Chen: oh! The northern kingdom is throwing a party!

Tao: oh~ a party!? Sounds fun~!

Bella: ooh~! I wanna go~!

Tao: ah! Are we going to go then?!

He asks excitedly. Everyone looks at Kris hoping he'll say yes.

Kris: Haa... Well, we can go...

Everyone cheers.

All: yay!!

Chen: ah! This is perfect!

Xiumin: wait! It says here that we all need dates!

Luhan: what dates? Haa....

Lay: well I know who I'm going with.

He sits next to Iseul and puts an arm around her.

Ah! Me? Haha alright!

Jing glances at Kris, but quickly looks away.

Kris smiles noticing Jing look at him: Jing? Wanna go together?

Jing: ah! Ye-yeah!

She smiles and blushes. Kris smiles happily.

Bella: shall we attend the festivities as a couple?

Bella looks at Tao.

Tao: yeah!

He smiles holding her hand.

Chen: aw man! Who the heck am I going with?

Xiumin: hm... I wonder who I should ask?

Luhan: I don't really care, but I'd rather not go alone...

Suddenly Angel walks into the room and the three boys turn to her. Angel looks at the boys confused and she finds herself being seated in front of them as they try to convince her to go the party with them. Angel raises an eyebrow and looks at each of them, then looks a second longer at Xiumin before looking away.

Luhan: obviously it should be me, since I'm the only one who can communicate with her.

Chen: who needs communication when you're as handsome as me?

Angel looks at the two rolling her eyes.

Xiumin: why don't we let Angel decide?

The three boys look at her and she slowly moves , surprising everyone with the sound of her voice.

Angel: shi-yu-meen?

She sounds out each syllable carefully.

Xiumin: oh! Me?!

Angel nods as Luhan and Chen grumble angrily.

Xiumin smiles at Angel: okay!

Suho: oh! Chen! I almost forgot!

He hands Chen a small letter.

Suho: this came with the party invitation!

Chen: hm?

He slowly opens the letter. As he reads it, he almost faints on the spot.

Chen: Zhang Liyin-Noona asked me to be her date!!

Whoa! Are you serious? Congratulations!!

He holds the letter close and sighs happily while Luhan just looks at all the happy couples and leaves the room.

Hm? I watch as Luhan leaves the room, ah... Is he upset?

Luhan sighs as he opens the door to his bedroom and notices a package on his bedside table.

Luhan: hm?

He picks up the package opening it. Luhan's eyes widen as he reads the note attached and sees it's contents.

Luhan: impossible...

The next day everyone prepares to leave for the northern kingdom.

Chen: wahoo!!! Let's hurry up guys!!

He stands near the caravan jumping in excitement.

Kai: haha! Sounds like someone is excited to see Zhang Liyin~!

Chen lightly blushes: of course I am!

Suho turns to Kris.

Suho: I can't thank you guys enough for letting us stay here after the western kingdom was destroyed.

Kris: don't worry about! You also helped us out a lot too, so thank you as well.

D.O.: it's going to take awhile to rebuild...

Sehun: years, maybe...

Kris: it'll become an even better kingdom now though.

Chanyeol: of course it will!

Chanyeol jumps in and throws an arm around Suho and Kris, but he leans a little to adjust to the height difference and Suho just glares at him.

Kris: ahah alright let's get going.

Everyone climbs into the caravan and Kris sits at the front with Suho as they drive away to the northern kingdom.

How far is it from here to the northern kingdom?

Lay: hm, not as far as the western kingdom but the northern kingdom has a really cold climate so we should make sure to stay warm.

Ohh okay.

As they travel the air gets colder and Chen is the first to start pulling out blankets for everyone while Chanyeol lights a small fire in his hands to keep everyone warm.

Kris: how is everyone doing back there?

Chen: ah we're fine...

He says wrapping the blanket around him tightly. Kris let's out a breath, a cloud of fog trailing out. Jing giggles at how much he resembles a dragon even when in human form.

Kris: what?

He asks smiling.

Jing: nothing.

She blushes and hides underneath her blanket as they finally reach the gates to the northern kingdom.

Kris: alright guys we're here.

Chanyeol: alright!

He jumps out of the caravan and helps everyone out. Guards come out to help the others with their luggage. We all are escorted into the castle. Crystal greets everyone as they enter.

Crystal: good evening~! It's so good to see everyone again! And some new faces~!

She smiles at Bella and Angel. Bella smiles politely and bows and so does Angel. Crystal looks around at he crowd of people.

Crystal: where's Sungam?

Er...

We all look at each other unsure what to exactly say.

Luhan: I'll talk to her...

Luhan pulls Crystal aside and they quietly chat in the corner while guards lead you and the others to your rooms. The guard opens the door to our room and I thank the guard before jumping on the bed sighing.

Liyin: it's good to see you again~!

Liyin smiles as she walks in.

Oh! Liyin-unnie! It's good to see you too!

Jing smiles and bows before putting her things away.

Liyin: and who are you two?

She turns to Bella and Angel.

Bella: oh! My name is Bella and this is Angel! Nice to meet you!

Liyin: it's so great to see everyone in one place again~! How is everyone?

Ah we've been good! How have you been?

Liyin: it's so cold here in the northern kingdom, but Crystal takes very good care of her people.

Hm, that's nice~

Angel bounces on the bed happily and Bella looks through all the fancy dresses in the closet.

Bella: ooh~! Are these for us?

Liyin: ah yes, those dresses are given from Crystal to all her guests it seems.

Jing: ooh~! Which dress do you like best, Iseul?

Huh? Um...

I walk over to the dresses and look through them, finding a turquoise dress that has gradation.

This one!

Everyone picks out a dress and tries one on.

Liyin: wow~! You all look so beautiful~!

Ah! Thank you!

Suddenly the door opens and Chanyeol pokes his head in with his hand over his eyes.

Chanyeol: is everyone dressed? Is it safe to look?

Haha yes Chanyeol it's safe. Come in.

He peeks through his fingers then let's his hand fall to his side. He walks in wearing a suit and bows.

Chanyeol: good evening ladies~! I am here to you to the ballroom~!

Baekhyun: me too!

He bounces in, his bow tie almost falling off.

Ah! You two look handsome! Alright let's go then!

Baekhyun and Chanyeol lead everyone to the dining hall where all the others are standing around in their formal attire. Either eating from the buffet table or chatting amongst one another. The music is lively and entertaining.

Oh~

I look around the dining hall mesmerized by how pretty it looks. Kris notices Jing and walks up to her smiling.

Kris: you look beautiful.

Jing: ah! Thank you! You too! I mean not beautiful! But handsome!

She stutters and turns a deep red.

Kris: haha thank you!

Lay: would you like to dance?

Lay walks up to Iseul and holds his hand out.

Oh! Okay!

I smile putting my hand on his. Xiumin grabs Angel's hand and pulls her on the dance floor while Chen nervously walks up to Liyin and asks her to dance. Liyin smiles and nods, the two going to the dance floor. Tao and Bella don't even need to exchange words as they glance at eachother and make their way into the dancing crowd.

Kris: want to dance too?

Jing: oh, I can't dance.

She shakes her head.

Kris: oh? I can teach you, it won't be hard, I'll make sure it's easy.

He offers.

Jing: o-ok...

She smiles and takes his hand in hers and they slowly make their way into the crowd as the music changes to something slow and peaceful. Kris pulls her closer and takes slow, small steps so Jing can follow. Jing takes each step nervously but feels her heartbeat speed up as she tries to look away.

Kris: see you can dance.

He says encouragingly. Jing looks up at him and smiles.

Jing: th-thanks, I-I know that I'm just a servant in your castle, but... I really feel like...

She gets cut off as the music changes to a louder and fast paced song.

Kris: what?

He asks trying to hear what she was saying.

Jing: ah, never mind!

She turns away, blushing.

Kris: oh, alright...

Lay: wow! Iseul! You're an amazing dancer!

Ah! Haha is that so?

I laugh feeling slightly embarrassed. He pulls Iseul closer as the music gets louder and almost all other sounds are drowned out.

Oh!

I blush feeling so close to him.

Lay: Iseul...

He breathes out the name.

Lay: I...

Lay?

I look at him. He looks at Iseul, his eyes darting nervously, then he parts his lips to say something but is interrupted when Crystal stands in front of the room and the music dies down, making the room silent.

Oh?

Everyone looks at Crystal waiting for her to speak.

Crystal: I'd like to thank everyone for attending tonight. This party is being held in celebration of my 21st birthday and to thank the eastern and western kingdom for ridding this world of Rose, the evil queen.

Everyone starts applauding after she finishes.

Crystal: before we continue with the festivities, I would like to welcome someone very important who has been a major contribution to the sustainability of magic in the kingdoms.

Hm?

Everyone looks at her curiously wondering who the person is. She steps back as Jing's grandmother walks onto the stage.

Jing: oh! Grandma!

Grandma smiles seeing Jing and Bows to everyone: thank you for having me here Crystal.

She says smiling at her.

Crystal: and another guest... With the help of Jing's grandmother, we are able to be in the presence of a true hero!

Luhan walks onto the stage with the package from his bedroom and hands it to Jing's grandmother who opens it and reveals a small pocket knife.

Ah... That's Sungam's knife...

I whisper.

Her grandmother holds the knife in her hands and speaks.

Grandma: with the blood stains on this knife, I summon the owner and true hero of the four kingdoms!

She sprinkles some powder on the knife and it begins to glow.

Hm? The crowd gasps and looks, watching the knife. It flies into the air and spins until a bright flash blinds everyone for a second and standing on the stage... Is Sungam!

Sungam: am I...? Dead?

Sungam?!!

My jaw drops surprised to see him standing there right infront of us.

Jing: Sungam!

Everyone rushes onstage to pile into a big group hug, nearly crushing him.

Sungam: ah! Stop! I can't breathe!

He laughs.

Sorry! You're freaking here!! Oh my goodness!!

He takes a deep breath as everyone steps back.

Sungam: someone should've told me that this was a formal event.

He laughs as he looks down at his old and dirty clothes.

Crystal laughs: well we can get you a set of clothes.

The guards lead Sungam down a hall where he changes and comes back, all cleaned up and in a nice black suit.

Sungam: hm! That's more like it!

He smiles. Tears begin to flow from Jing's eyes as she smiles and the party begins again.

Jing: you idiot...

Sungam: hey! I'm not an idiot!

He laughs.

Sungam: now don't cry and enjoy the party!

Sungam smiles and gently pats her trying to get her to stop crying. The music starts to play again and Sungam finds himself dancing with Crystal despite her parents disapproving looks. The others also begin dancing together happily. After the party Lay is seen standing on the balcony, just breathing in the night air. I quietly walk next to him looking up at the night sky.

Lay: did you enjoy the party?

Hm, yeah! I did it was fun!

Lay: how do you feel... About your time spent here...?

Hm? About my time here? Um... It's... Nice...

He laughs.

Lay: no, I mean, not here.

He taps a finger on the ledge of the balcony.

Lay: I mean, here, in this magical world, so far from home...

Oh, well... I guess, being here in the magical world is also nice, like, erm, I'm not exactly sure how to put into words haha.

Lay smiles.

Lay: I'm not sure how to put my feelings into words either. But I'll do my best!

Huh? Your..feelings?

He leans closer to you and holds your hand.

Lay: Iseul... I love... Spending time with you, your fall into this world was no accident, it was a miracle and I never want to leave your side...

Ah, Lay um...

Lay: Iseul... Will you marry me?

I cup my hand over my mouth, wide eyed.

L-lay! I smile blinking back tears: yes!

Lay: oh, thank goodness!

He puts a hand to his heart.

Lay: I was really afraid you were going to say no.

Haha why would I say no? I laugh.

He looks you in the eyes as he brushes a strand of hair behind your ear.

Lay: because you're one of the strongest and most beautiful girls I've ever met. I almost feel like I don't deserve you.

W-what, don't deserve me? If anything I feel as if I don't deserve you... I say quietly.

He smiles as he cups your face and kisses your forehead.

Lay: I hope one day you'll love yourself as much as I love you.

I look at him and smile.

Lay: now let's get inside before you catch a cold.

He laughs and takes your hand.

Haha okay!

We both walk inside and walk over to where the others are.

Chen: oh! Why do you look so happy? And why is Lay holding your hand? Did he-!? Did he finally propose!?

Tao: whoa propose?!

They all look at us.

Jing: congratulations!!

Ahaha thanks!

Luhan: it's about time!

Luhan laughs as he ruffles Lay's hair. Lay blushes lightly brushing his hair back.

Kris: to the happy couple!

Kris raises his glass. Everyone raises their glass and cheers.