The Crying Midget

Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A black-haired girl is sitting anxiously in front of the surgery room with her hand clasped tightly praying for her mother’s life. Her personal assistant, Sooyoung pacing back and forth not far from her boss with an expression that is not much different from the latter.

“Hey believe me. Your mom’s gonna be okay.”Sooyoung’s trying to cheer her friend’s up even though she, herself doesn’t know what will happen to her friend’s mom.

“W-why the accident happened?”Taeyeon stares at Sooyoung, which now stops on her track and lift up her head to meet Taeyeon’s gaze.

Sooyoung bite her lips nervously and looks away from the latter, “T-they said that they found several empty cans of beer on your mother’s car. Y-your mother driving the car while she drunk so they said that’s the main cause why she hit the roadblock.”

“Damn.”She chuckles bitterly, “Didn’t I already give you all orders to take care of my mom? To make her safe and sound?”She raises her voice tone but she quickly appease considering  that she’s the one who’s messing up with her parent life. “N-no its not your fault. From the beginning, I was- and still am the one who should be blame.”

“Taeyeon, I’m sorry..”Sooyoung feels guilty, “This is no one’s fault. If there is someone to blame then it’s me. After checking your mother’s house it turns out it’s the negligence of my people who can’t keep in sight of your mom.”

Taeyeon stays mum, she doesn’t feel to blame anyone but her right now. The tense atmosphere filled the air and Sooyoung can’t help but standing idly on her spot.

“Where is dad?”

“He’s not answering my call. And when I asked to his secretary, she said that you’re father is having a business trip abroad.”Sooyoung replies.

Taeyeon nodded, her eyes doesn’t show any emotion, “When will he come back?”

“A week or so. But Taeyeon-”Sooyoung’s phone suddenly rang the next second, “Sorry. It’s Yoona, She’s in the lobby.”She says and Taeyeon give her signal to pick her up, “I’ll be back,”She seems understand with Taeyeon’s signal and immediately she excuse herself and leave the heiress alone.

“Please mother, don’t leave me. You can curse me, punch me, slap me, kick me, whatever you want but don’t you dare to leave me here alone.”Taeyeon softly mutters as her hand now pinching her nose bridge to prevent tears from falling. She exhale a heavy breath every now and then until the door in front of her crack open and Kris’s figure appeared with her mother who’s lying on the ward. The nurses come afterwards and now taking her mother to VVIP room.

“I-is she alright?”Taeyeon asks panickly as she rise from her seat and approaches Kris after that, “How is my mother’s condition?”

“She’s fine.”Kris spoke calmly, “Some broken ribs and also her leg twist.”He pauses as she pats Taeyeon shoulder, “The surgery went well so there’s nothing you need to worry about.”

Taeyeon sighs in relief, but her creassed brows didn’t falter.

“W-where is Dr. Jung?”The heiress asks feeling confuse. “Why haven’t I seen her?”

“She’s still in there- Oh there she is.”Kris pointing to Jessica who just came out of the surgery room, The doctor is heading towards their place and stop beside Kris. They talks for a while talking about the heiress’s mother condition before Kris left to check their other patient.

Jessica had just turned around when she felt someone wrap her arms around her waist and start crying, “T-thank you D-Dr. Jung. Thank you so much for saving my mother’s life.”Taeyeon sobs painfully as she tighten her arms, “Thank you so much.”She repeats it several times to show the younger girl how much she feels grateful of her help.

“It’s my job to save people,”She says while her hand awkwardly hovering over the heiress back, not knowing what to do, “You don’t have to thank me Ms. Kim.”She felt the latter tighten her arms around her, makes it hard to breath but she doesn’t mind. Surprisingly for Jessica, she found comfort from the latter’s warm hug and without she realize, the doctor had put her arms around Taeyeon’s petite body and pull her closer. “You’re mother will be fine. You don’t need to worry.”

Taeyeon inhales Jessica’s sweet strawberry scent and she quickly feels calm. Taeyeon finds Jessica’s scent is intoxicating and somehow makes she want to breathe on it forever. “Mmm, you smell nice.” Yah, why did you say that, pabo!

“ert.”Jessica immediately unwrap her embrace and she glares at Taeyeon, “I know it,”She scoffed, “You just want to molest me!”

“N-No!”Taeyeon replies, panickly waving her hand and shook her head many times, “I-I didn’t mean to molest you. Y-you really smell nice. I just want to compliment you.”

Jessica suddenly feels her blood rushing up to her face, “B-but still! You’re ert, midget!”She looks away from Taeyeon as she fixes her stare to anything but Taeyeon.

Is she blushing? Kyaaa she’s sooo cute, Taeyeon thought then unconsciously, she lift up her hand to pinch the doctor’s rose cheeks.

“W-what was t-that for?”Jessica asked in horror and she feels that her cheeks is burning now.  She face palm her own cheeks and her eyes widens when she found how hot it is. What happenned to me?!

“It’s because you’re sooo adorable, I can’t help it.”Taeyeon give her teasing smile but instantly turn to frown when Jessica abruptly turns around as she plans to leave her, “YA! Where do you wanna go?”She asks but the latter pretend not to hear and step up her pace while hiding her flushed cheeks.  Taeyeon trail not far behind her with her short hand trying to grasp the doctor’s shoulder but to no avail as the latters walking fast until she doesn’t know that someone heading towards her.

“Aaaaah!”Jessica unleashes her dolphin scream as her body collide hard with someone in front of her. She closes her eyes to wait for the impact but someone has caught her.

“Omo!”Taeyeon attempts to save Jessica from falling, but someone who’s bumping in to her already does that as her hand now circling around Jessica’s slender waist.

 “J-Jessica? Are you okay?”

 “Yoongie?”Jessica opens her eyes quickly when she heard a familiar voice.

“Y-yeah,”Yoona give her sheepish smile, “Are you okay?”She repeats her question, still at the same position with her hand still wraps on the latter’s waist.  

Taeyeon who’s witnessing all the scenes, clenches her fist and her eyes send daggers towards the both of them, she feels heart boiling to the point where smoke is faintly out of her both ears. What are they doing?!

Sooyoung who’s standing not far behind Yoona, caught what her boss is thinking. She step closer to Jessica and Yoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter