Happy First Year

Happy First Year

 

Yoona was sitting on the bench at the farthest part of the park, patiently waiting for Donghae. He texted her earlier that he wanted to meet her at the park.

“Did you wait long?”  She heard the most soothing voice she had been wanting to hear for a while now. Then she felt a kiss on her cheek.  Donghae comfortably sat beside her.

“No, I was just a bit early.” She replied while following her gaze to Donghae.  He was faintly smiling at her. She tried to ignore the blankness of his expression and said, “So, why did you want to meet me here?”

He reached for something in his pocket – a box, about the size of his palm. He handed it to Yoona. “What is this for?” she said as she receives it.  “Open it.” He said.

“Wow! This is perfect.” The only words she uttered as she opened the box. It contains a necklace; a two-hearted emerald green pendant with diamonds sparkling around it. “Come here. I’ll put it on you.” Donghae said as Yoona excitedly moved closer to him.

She cheerfully plays with the necklace and carefully examines every little detail embedded in it. Then she looked at Donghae who was looking down, smiling weakly. “What is bothering you, Hae?” She held his chin up so he could face her, then she slowly moved her hand to caress his face.

He paused and looked at her, amazed. This is one of the many reasons why he loves Yoona, she could easily make him feel loved and secured. “You really know me too well, Yoong.” He smiled, but this time, the smile he gave was real.

Yoona smiled back but did not reply.

“That necklace ... that should be my gift on our first anniversary. But ... but I guess I wouldn’t be able to see you on that day.” He regretfully said.

Yoona’s smile slowly disappeared. She can’t stop herself frowning, “but ... why?”

“I do not know where to, but we would be going somewhere; and they said, we would stay there for about a week.” He looked at Yoona, then continued, “Yoong, I really wanted to be with you on that day, but how can ...” He felt Yoona’s finger on his lips silencing him.

Being the most considering girlfriend she is, she said, “It’s okay, I understand. Maybe we could just celebrate it when you come back.”

“Oh Yoong, I’m really sorry.” He repeatedly said these words.

“Hae, don’t worry. I’ll be fine. Just don’t forget to call or at least text me on that day, or else ...” she was cut off when Donghae hugged her so tightly. “Thank you for understanding, Yoong. I love you,” he said, full of emotions. Yoona heartily replied, “I love you too.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-the date of their anniversary-

Yoona was, again, sitting on the same bench at the park. It was already late at night. She was texting Yuri. She was feeling depressed and annoyed at the same time.

“Yuri unnie, he is not yet calling or even texting me.”

“Don’t worry, maybe he is just busy.”

“But unnie, he promised to call me.”

“Just be patient Yoona.”

“I don’t know unnie.”

After she sent the last text message, she looked away. Yoona was feeling sad, very sad. “How could he forget this day? How could he not even remember to call me? I don’t know what to feel right now.” She uttered to herself.

She was in deep thought, until someone from behind wrapped arms around her. “Surprise!” the voice said. That voice, the voice she was longing to hear for the whole day. And that hug she was yearning for so long. She felt it, it was him; his voice, his hug and most especially his presence. So sweet. So calm. So warm. She felt so much happiness creeping up inside her so fast. Donghae is here! He is indeed here! She felt her tears slowly running through her cheeks.

She broke the hug, and cried, “Yah! Why didn’t you call me? I thought you won’t be here?” She was crying while laughing, not believing her eyes. He was really in front of her now. “I hate you!” She hit him on his arm, crying harder. “I love you too.” He replied, then laughed.

“My dear Yoong, stop crying already.” He pleased her as he wiped her tears.

“I thought you couldn’t make it? Why are you here now?” Yoona asked. Donghae pouted, “Don’t you want me to be here? Besides, one night away from them wouldn’t be too long, I guess.”

“Really now, huh?” Yoona smirked and continued, “But I do not have a gift for you yet.” Donghae smiled lovingly, and then he said, “This is enough, Yoong. You are more than enough.” He paused for a while, looking intently into her eyes. Then he continued, “I just can’t spend this day without you. Happy Anniversary Yoong!”

Hearing those sweet words from him, Yoona became speechless. She could not explain what she felt exactly. She simply said, “Happy Anniversary! I love you Lee Donghae.”

Donghae leaned comfortably, close enough for her to hear him whisper, “I love you more, Im Yoona.”

Yoona could feel the sincerity in Donghae’s voice, she always does. He leaned in closer shuttering the very little gap between their faces. He gently brushed her lips with his, enjoying every moment with her.

 

Their Happy Anniversary. The End.