Fifth

Rejection || Jeon Jungkook
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm not hurting. I told myself for what seems like the thousandths time. I'm not hurting. I'm not hurting. I'm not hurting. But one fact can never change. 

I am hurting. 

No, maybe you're feeling this because you feel betrayed. Yes, that's all. I convinced myelf. I'm sure that's the reason. 

I hate myself for feeling like this. I hate being betrayed. If that girl really was going on the game, 

I'm going for the game. 

Taehyung had asked what happened. Everything happened in a split second I couldn't explain anymore. One minute she was being sweet as ever and in another minute she was being a wild, cold-hearted girl. Well, I guess there is no easy in her life's dictionary. If she choose the game to be hard instead of easy or medium, I'm in no place to object. 

It was a week of until we finally had interaction with each other. I don't want to see her face. Let alone to meet her gaze. But it was Monday when I took decision to relaxed. As if the whole world was by my side, our eyes met again in front of the school. Only this time, I got into the school first. Which means, I broke the eye contact first. 

I sent my boys to search things about her. For now, I've gotten her phone number. 

Some of my friends greeted me by the hallway. Then I saw Areum walked in a fast pace. Probably going to her class. I thought. I chased her and stopped in front of her, preventing the girl from walking. 

She looked up to me with her 'what the..' glare. "Study well," I said to her with my cutest smile, hoping that she'll fall for it. 

Then yet again, we were glued into each other's eyes. Areum sighed. I expected an answer like.. 'Whatever' or 'ughh, you're wasting my time' or 'go away'. But she casually answered, "I will, don't worry," and walked away. Her famous gesture of ignoring. I thought. 

----------------

It was lunch time Areum decided to go to the cafeteria. Nayeon was absent so now she planned to go to the cafeteria by herself instead of going with the others. 

She took her food and sit at the empty table she found. The food was on its way into until she suddenly stopped because a person was standing near in front of her. Not that she minded but that person blocked the light. Indeed, she was in no mood to be considerate. But she thought about the people in the cafeteria and how much she'll draw attention if she shout. Areum sighed. 

She looked up to the person. Jeon Jungkook, again. 

"What,"
"Can't you be a little bit polite by saying hi or something,"
"Not with you," Areum then focused back on her food. 

Jungkook didn't want to start a fight as it wasn't the reason he came in the first place. So he just sat in front of Areum. He knew what the other was going to say so he fastly cut Areum off before she could even speak. 

"Don't --- ," Jungkook sighed as he continued. "Don't start a fight. I'm not in the mood of it," It was true. Jungkook wasn't in the mood of arguing. 

"I wasn't going to argue on anything," she stated as she took something on Jungkook's hair. He looked, it was a dry leaf. Since when it has been there? He questioned himself silently. "Okay,"

I should be back in the game. 

"So you're playing the game, huh?" There was an awkward silence between them until Areum finally answered. "I'm finishing the game you started, we can't leave game hanging, can we?" without looking at him. 

"Yea, we need to know the winner," Jungkook stated. He was sure Areum didn't heard. "Let's see who fall for the other's lie first, then." Keyword, lies. Now they looked at each other. 

Areum suddenly took Jungkook's tissue from his tray. "Why---" his words were cut off by the other's hand went to the side of his mouth and wiped it with the tissue. Gently. 

"Don't talk too much as you eat, it's impolite. And it ruin you mouth," then she put the tissue back into it's place. 

"Thank you, honey."
Jungkook knew attention was on him since the moment he came that he pressed the word honey so everyone heard. They could hear people muttering to their friends and girls gossiping with wild eyes on them. He then smiled his famous smirk. 

He was yet again suprised when Areum brushed his hair to get it rid of it from his face. "I'm not you honey but, Everything for you," they both knew only the three last words were heard by the others. It's starting. 

---------

The last class finally ended. Jungkook took a fast steps to get out of the class. He knew where he wanted to go. 

Then he saw the person he wanted to see. How lucky he was. Areum was putting her books into her locker. Jungkook took decision he should be doing the same as he kept his eye on the other, making sure that he didn't missed the girl. He saw Areum walked through the hallway. He finished his task fastly and ran towards the girl who was already out of the hallway.

---------

"Hey!"  I greeted as I reached Areum, she was walking alone. She looked at me 

"I was expecting you." she stated.
"Why?"
She chuckled "If you be me, you would've feel the same too."
I shrugged as we walked until I realized "Aren't you going to... like.. shoo me away?"

"Do you want to?" She asked. 
"No, but......... "
"So let's just... walk,"

I shut my mouth up. I didn't know what to say. The silence was comfortable anyway. 

I saw parents w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter