Spring*

Our Winter Ballad

Seeing as how filming was done and over with, we ventured back onto the music scene as I have been stuck behind a keyboard while he was landing commercials and features. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for him but we don’t really see each other a lot nowadays. Sighing, I scratched my head before crumpling up the paper in front of me as the words didn’t fit the beat, why wasn’t it working? I think I need a coffee break. Leaving the studio, which was Hyunsik’s, I made my way down the hall as I was trying to figure out a way to make the words fit with the melody. It seems so easy when Hyunsik makes songs for idols but now that I’m back in that position it is harder than ever; plus, this is their title track. All the other songs were finished and just needed to be mastered, but this title track just wouldn’t come to mind, and if I don’t do the chorus then they can’t write their verses. When did life become so hard?

Clearing my head, I scanned my card on the machine before pressing in the type of coffee I like and as it warmed it up I looked around causing my eyes to become attached to TV as Jackson was on it. Now, that wasn’t what caught my attention as I see him all the time, but the fact that JB was in the same clip as him had me titling my head. Rubbing my eyes, as I must be seeing things, I turned my back as my coffee was ready, so grabbing the cup I began to walk away but as music started to play I knew I wasn’t imagining things.

The way you look at me, it’s full of cuteness for some reason.

Each and every way you talk is really cute to me.

Sometimes you mutter, you look like a little kid.

Can’t take my eyes off you, Can’t take my eyes off you

I just wanna stay with you; girl you glowing.

JB’s verse went on for a while as he sung the chorus as well causing me to just stand there as I waited for Jackson’s part. I didn’t know how I felt about it, but I knew that it was better to wait until the song was over.

Like an angel with no wings

God knows what it is, and where it’s going

Yeah, whenever I see you I feel good

The flaw is that I can’t sleep with you

Your smile that is like the stars

I lost my way, tell me the address to your heart

I’m not trying to convince but I’ll wait by your side till you need somebody.

I stopped listening the moment his part was over, so walking away I fiddled with my ID card before taking a sip of my coffee as it was now lukewarm. Taking a deep breath, I shrugged as it was an ost meaning that it was strictly business. Going back into the studio, I started the track again and writing down whatever came to mind I looked at the paper as it was the best I have done all day. Singing it over the track it sounded good which meant that it could only get better once they re-record it. Texting Sik, he arrived rather quickly as I knew that he was glad to finally be getting his studio back. Smiling at him, I asked for his help so that I could record the guide for the chorus and seeing as how he had nothing better to do he agreed, of course, before telling me to hurry up and get in the booth. Doing as I was told, I put on the headphones signaling that I was ready and as the music started to flow into my ears I sang exactly what I wrote before mumbling where the verses would go only to start singing once more as the chorus/hook came on again.

Once done, I thanked Sik before grabbing my things as I was just happy to finally be able to go home. Hyung was waiting, which was weird as I would usually have to call him, but not thinking much of it I got in only to see Junhyung Hyung as he had a huge smile on his face. Greeting him, I fell back into my seat letting my head rest against the seat as I really needed a shower and fresh clothing; my home is probably a mess. Sighing at all the work that I needed to do, I began mumbling to myself causing it to catch the attention of the two in the front as they were giving me weird looks.

“Is something the matter?” They both shook their heads, which made it known that something was going on. “Where’s Jackson? Because, usually, when Hyung is in the car he’s in the car as well.”

“He had a schedule, so I told him to call me when he was done.” Nodding, I squinted at them as he was lying but I went along with it.

Rubbing my head, I could already feel the oncoming headache as he had to be at my place; that was the only logical explanation. I do want to see him, but I feel that it would be better to do so tomorrow as I won’t be tired nor cranky. Just go with the flow, and sleep later; you can do this! Encouraging myself, I remained silent as I let the both of them fill the silence with mushy stuff which made me gag from time to time as I should have never set them up. My phone rang causing me to start, but I soon calmed down opting to answer it as I did overreact a little bit; then again, I was slowly falling asleep.

“Hello?” I waited a few minutes, even though it felt like forever in my tired state, only to be met with a laugh that I haven’t heard in a while. “Youngjae?”

“Did I wake you? You seem tired.” Laughing, a small smile came onto my face causing me to hum in agreement as his statement was somewhat true.

“I was dozing off, but it’s nothing too big.” It was his turn to laugh as I could hear another laughter in the background. “Did you need something?”

“Oh, yeah, I was wondering how much would it cost for you to sing at a wedding?” Racking my brain, as it has been a while since I last sung at a wedding that I was actually get paid for; it seems that nowadays I only do it for friends and family.

“Not much, why?” He hesitated a little before he began to do this little singsong thing that made me scrunch up a little.

“Because…I’m getting married.” The words didn’t process fast as I began to ramble off the prices that Hyung told me, but once it did my mind was blown.

“WHAT?! Marriage? You? Yugyeom? When? How? Why?” I was stumbling over my words causing only the first word to come out before I moved to another.

“Yes; yes; yes; yes. We’re hoping to hold it in 2-3 months; how…he proposed the day before yesterday and we’ve been together for a while and I really love him. So how much will that cost?” Falling silent, I didn’t want him to know how big my actual smile was causing me to take a deep breath.

“I’ll do it for free, but only if you help me with something.” An idea had suddenly come to me, and I just knew that he would be of great help.

“What? I’ll do anything!” I knew I liked him for some reason.

“I’ll contact you when I need it, but for now, finalize the date so that I can get it put into my schedule, okay?” After talking for a while more, he hung up leaving me to become giddy as I just love weddings.

Arriving home, I told them to hurry and get married but they only dismissed me causing me stare at the car in disgust. Going inside, I greeted everyone with a smile before getting on the elevator as I made it up to my floor. As I walked down the hall I didn’t know what to expect but I knew that he was there waiting with something. Pressing in the code, I slowly opened the door and to my surprise the lights were on; I thought that they were going to be off.

“Jackson?” A loud pop went off and out of instinct I dropped to the ground covering my head.

“HAPPY 200 DAYS TOGETHER! What are you doing on the floor?” My heart was about to jump out of my chest and he was so clueless to that fact.

“What are you doing?! I almost had I heart attack!” All the possibilities ran through my mind as I slowly sat up. “I thought someone was trying to kill me.”

“Oh, sorry, I just wanted to surprise you.” My legs were numb as I stood as it forced me to hold onto the wall as I entered my home.

“Surprise me for what? Last time I checked there was nothing special going on.” His face fell as I sat down taking off my jacket. “What?”

“Nothing special? Today marks 200 days, and you say that it’s nothing special; I’m leaving.” He was quick to grab his coat causing me to run as I grabbed him trying to make sure that he didn’t leave.

“Stop, stop, stop, stop…come on, please stop.” He was still walking as he dragged me along not caring to stop. “Jackson! I’m sorry, okay? I didn’t remember and I’m sorry. I’ve just been so busy that I didn’t think about it.”

“I’ve been busy to you know, and I still made time for this.” He finally stopped and as he turned around I let go of him. “We didn’t even celebrate our 100th day together, so I thought why not wait until we hit 200? But obviously you don’t care, so I’m just going to cook my head off at home in my room, in my bed.”

“STOP!” I hugged him tight as this was my fault, and I didn’t want him to leave until we talked it out. “Don’t leave, please. Let’s start over, and after I’ll make it up to you, okay?”

It was quiet but as his arms soon wrapped around me I knew that we were on the right track. Pulling away from him, I took his spot by the door as I waited for him to continue what he was doing earlier. He repeated himself with the same enthusiasm as before which gave me the widest smile ever. He took my hand taking time to the table where a cake sat as it reiterated the purpose of what was going on. Thanking him, I told him to sit in the living room while I cut up the cake; and as I sat the plates down I took my seat next to him before turning on the TV. Putting on a movie, we are in silence as the only sound was that of the forks hitting the plates.

“Did you hear that Yugyeom and Youngjae we’re getting married?” His head snapped up as he looked at me in surprise.

“What?! They’re getting married?” Nodding, I wiped my mouth before crumpling up the napkin as I tossed it on my now empty plate.

“Yeah, Youngjae called me on the way here and asked if I could sing at the wedding; and, of course, I told him that I would do it.” The surprised look on his face only deepened as if this was shocking. “Did Yugyeom not tell you?”

“No, he didn’t.” I could see the thoughts as they were written all over his face.

“The date isn’t set yet, so they still have time to call. Don’t worry too much, okay?” If he had spoke I knew his response would have been dry but instead he only leaned back into the couch. “D-Do you not want them to get married?”

“I want them to get married, but I always thought that I would marry first. Well after I decided that I wanted to be a singer I knew that idea wasn’t possible, but the fact that neither of them called to inform me is what’s bugging me.” Rubbing his arm, I knew that exact same feeling it was as if I was betrayed.

“Do you want to know something?” He gave a curt nod to let me know that he was listening.

“I found out that my brother was marrying my ex the day of the wedding. The singer they hired got sick, and at that time I didn’t dislike him, so he called asking for a favor. My schedule was free and with no other plans I rushed over in my best suit, only to see the man I had broken up with a little less than a year ago standing at the alter. But unlike what I felt, I didn’t cry instead I sung the stupid song before leaving as I lied about work that I didn’t have.” Sighing, I thought back to how that was a horrible period of my life. “No phone call, no email, no invitation, nothing. I didn’t even know my brother was getting married; I felt so betrayed that I deleted and blocked his number and all platforms of SNS. But unlike me, you have a close relationship with your brother. He’ll call and if he doesn’t you have me, right?”

He slightly pushed me causing me to notice how his face was a little red. I guess that last line was cheesy, right? We laid down after the movie finished seeing as how we didn’t have anything else to do besides going to bed. He fell asleep before I did as it left me to stare at the ceiling as I thought about nothing in particular, but as work started to fill my head I knew that it was time for me to go to sleep. I need a break.

I woke up to my phone ringing and after answering it, I found out that it was Hyung as he was talking about some schedule that I didn’t know I had. He was rambling about it being last minute and how we were going to be late if I didn’t get dressed now, and all that other stuff. He also told me to bring Jackson before hanging up in my face; some manager. Waking the other up, I stood going into the bathroom as I took a quick shower before getting dressed as he kept sending me text messages to hurry. After practically running out of the house half-dressed, we got in the car with glares on our faces but he only shrugged as he told us that it was for a magazine; which did nothing for me as I still didn’t know what was going on.

Seeing as how this is probably going to take forever, I texted Sik asking him to finish 1Day’s title track and after getting a very rude reply back, I thanked him as I knew he wanted to help somehow. He was always like that whenever I was working on a project that didn’t involve him. Arriving, we rushed inside thinking that we were late but as soon as we stepped inside, we came to see that they were still setting up.

“I thought we were late?” Hyung only shrugged before walking off with Junhyung Hyung as they were both mumbling about something that they had to do.

“Let’s go to the dressing room, okay?” Nodding, I walked ahead of him and as we entered I was surprised to see Ilhoon and Sungjae speaking with one another. “Uh…?”

“Oh, I didn’t know you guys had arrived.” Sungjae turned around causing Jackson to stomp ‘uhhing’ which in turn caused my face to turn up a little. “I know that this whole thing is last minute, but the designer wanted you guys to model for his summer collection, that is going to be featured in the next issue of the magazine, seeing as how the movie will be released before fall.”

“Mhm, no it’s fine. In a month or two we’ll have to start promoting seeing as how they have been working really hard on making sure the movie comes out well.” I looked away from my sibling as I took off my coat not really knowing what to do in this situation; it was the first time I would be working with him.

“Great; Ilhoon here will be the stylist for this shoot, and if you have any other questions you can come find me.” He began to make his way out of the room, but not before looking back at us one last time. “We’ll start shooting in 30 minutes.”

Once the door was closed, we stood staring at one another as the others on his team moved around us as if we weren’t even standing there. I was soon snatched away as I was handed a pair of clothes causing me to finally snap out of whatever trance I had put myself into as I realized where I was at. Changing, I sat down for hair and makeup but even though I acted as if I didn’t care I couldn’t help how my eyes wondered over to him as this was the first time I have ever seen him this serious. It was as if something had taken over him.

“Here, I’ll fix his clothes while you go worry about Jackson, okay?” His hands were soon all over me as he began fixing the clothes to match whatever the theme was. “This is business, so at least act as if you’re happy to be here.”

Giving him a forced smile, we were called so walking away from his working hands I met up with Jackson and Sungjae on the set. Sungjae went over everything causing my eyes to pop out at some of the ideas but I knew I couldn’t refuse as these were the designers ideas and not his. Agreeing, we were pushed onto set as they told us to pose a certain way and do this and that which in the end had me rolling my eyes as I just couldn’t understand how models could do this all the time. Sighing, we were on the last photos before changing and as we had to give this clumsy/naïve look, I knew that it was something I could do well as I used it a lot back when I was a trainee. We both scratched our heads before looking elsewhere causing us to laugh as it was funny, somewhat, well it was for us.

We changed into less clothing as it was more casual this time leaving me to sigh in relief as I knew that this was going to be the minimum for today. I had on a hoodie, so they pulled it up before fixing my hair so that it stuck out of it and seeing as how Jackson had left out before me I met him as he was wearing only a pair of jeans that showed his underwear, a snapback, and what seemed to be a pair of boxing gloves. As I walked over the shoes that I was wearing made this squeaking noise as they were brand new, fresh out the box, which in turn made me embarrassed as everyone was staring at me.

“Hyung, you sit right here and Jackson will it on your back.” My face fell as he was heavier than me and the thought of me being in pain wasn’t a good one. “I promise it will be okay, his weight won’t fully be on you.”

“Are you sure?” Laughter erupted out of him as he slapped my arm, but as everyone else just shrugged I had no choice but to shrug as well.

Sitting down, I was pushed forward a little as Jackson sat down and without missing a beat the camera began to flash as I was told to stare at the ground before they came and turned my head slightly as if I was afraid to look. Once that pose was over, it was Jackson turn to sit and as he did I was told to sit on his shoulders; so moving with caution, I sat down and as they told me to act nonchalant, I did as I was told. He did whatever he wanted to just like his character in the movie but my poses were limited as they told me to be bold but shy at the same time; whatever the hell that meant. I was too busy thinking about how they were contradicting their selves to notice that Jackson was standing with the help of others, but as I realized that my feet were no longer on the ground I tensed up. I began to squeeze his throat, unintentionally, causing him to hit my leg as he was saying something about not being able to breath. Apologizing, I let up a little but not before grabbing his hand as I didn’t want to fall. One, that wouldn’t be pretty and two, I need my back for everyday movements.

“Last set, and then we’re done!” Calming down as I heard his words, I let my expression soften only for my head to slightly fall forward as if I was staring down at him. “Great expressions! Two more!”

His other hand grabbed mine as he moved it to touch his face, and I just couldn’t help but feel that rookies were different as they were more use to this intimate type of posing. Me, on the other hand, I am used to posing alone with not a lot but it was comfortable to say the least. Once the last two photos were taken, I was finally able to get down and the moment my feet touched the ground I wanted to kiss it, but I didn’t as that was unsanitary. I was practically running to the dressing room, as I changed handing them back the clothes before sitting down as they were going to take our makeup off also; I could have done it myself but they insisted and Hyung wasn’t letting me leave.

“Hyung, I just wanted to thank you again for doing this last minute. I know it was rushed and all, but the picture came out really good; I think that you should start doing these type of shoots more often.” Sungjae was standing further back as he had broken his conversation with one of the staff to speak to me.

“Only with me, though.” My nose crinkled up as I tried hard not to laugh as Jackson was pouting as he usually does.

“Whatever!” Reaching over, I thumped his leg causing him to stand as he said that he was going to get us something to drink.

Thanking him, he left and soon everyone else did leaving only Ilhoon and I, as I was waiting for my drink while he was cleaning up. We didn’t speak as I felt it was best to stuff my face in my phone so that I wouldn’t feel awkward, but the fact that he was only cleaning up behind me made it hard for me to act like he wasn’t there. Taking a deep breath, I stared at him through the mirror and it didn’t take long before he was standing behind me as we were staring at one another once more.

“If you have something that you want to say, then say it.” He nodded only to shrug, which pissed me off a little but I didn’t say anything about it. “This is business, isn’t it? So act professional.”

“Our business is over, so we are now back on personal terms.” Closing my eyes, I didn’t want him to see me roll them. “I-I know we aren’t on the best terms, but I would really appreciate it if you would listen to my concern as my Hyung.”

I was going to say what I always did, but I took notice of the tears in his eyes as they rolled down his face causing his makeup to streak. Nodding, I motioned for him to speak his mind and in a span of no more than a second he had dropped to the ground as he was hugging his knees. I was surprised causing me to turn the chair around as I stared at him not knowing what to say; this was all new to me. I’ve never seen him cry before, let alone see him fall to the ground while doing so. Should I hug him? Or…? What am I supposed to do in this situation?

“I don’t want to get divorced, and even though I’ve been acting nonchalant about it all this time, it is really tearing me up inside. He keeps saying that I’m not giving him what he needs, but he isn’t even telling me what his needs are. The kids are having a rough time as well, and I just don’t know anymore. What should I do?” I really had nothing to say as I’ve never been divorced before.

“Talk to him? Figure out his needs and try to meet them, and if that doesn’t work then get the divorce. It isn’t worth your time and effort to hold onto someone that doesn’t want to be there anymore.” My phone had dinged signaling that I had gotten a text as it was none other than Hyung as he told me to hurry up. “I have to go, but I hope that all works out well for you in the end.”

Grabbing my coat, I left making sure to close the door so that he could have some privacy just in case he doesn’t get himself together in time. Walking outside, the cool air hit me as it allowed me to cool down a little. My hands were shaking for some odd reason, and I think that it has to do with seeing him like that. Rushing to the car, I got in only to see Jackson with my drink but I only pushed it away as I wasn’t thirsty anymore. I spent majority of the ride staring out the window, but when I wasn’t I was texting Hyunsik as he was going on the title song saying that it needed this and that; which I replied that he should do what he sees fit. It only took a few minutes before a file was sent to my phone of the rough copy of the song as he added what he felt was needed, and after telling Hyung to turn off the radio the whole car was listening.

Like a lie, you came in front of me

I wish you’d talk to me

Maybe you don’t know

U mean everything to me

What do you think?

The chorus came in after causing me to nod my head as it was really good, if I do say so myself. Bam Bam’s voice soon filled the car as he showed me a vibe that I had never saw before.

I really don’t need other women

Of course other women are not interested in me

If you say it’s because I’m ugly, that’s not it

Well the important thing is

I just wanna spent some time wit’ chu

What on earth are you thinking?

Um, let me think, u my type, be my baby

You linger in my mind

I keep it to myself

What on earth do I do about you, just let me let me

The verse faded into the chorus causing me to smile as these kids really had talent for rapping, and as I looked over Jackson was getting hype which made me shake my head as I knew that this song would do well. Mark’s verse came in after as he was good also, and as the song came to an end, I texted him the few things that needed to be fixed and as that was it I was glad that they could debut earlier than intended.

“Is that the new group that you’re producing?” Nodding, I leaned back as they were all giving me this weird look.

“What? Are you saying that I can’t produce good hip-hip/pop songs?” They all looked away causing me to scoff as this was unbelievable. “The song is amazing, and they are going to get somewhere; and when they do I don’t want to hear anything from any of you.”

Turning my back on them, figuratively, I ignored them for the rest of the ride causing me to wonder how far away we were from my place.

~~~

The Package Ost [Got7 JB & Jackson] - U & I (x)

Geeks - Divin (x)