Chapter 70: Mr Know it All

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days had come extremely fast and Yuri was quickly set up the table in preparation for Sunny’s parents to arrive. It was the first time she was going to meet them, so she made sure that everything was perfect. The candles were freshly lit so the wax wouldn’t fall on to the brand new tablecloth, the food was only just finished cooking so it would still be warm on arrival and finally, the floors, walls, and windows were immaculate. Yuri had spent the past day and a half cleaning every square inch of the space. Sunny had suggested that she simply use her telepathy to clean the house in an instant, but Yuri refused as she said she would be the one to make everything perfect. Sunny had never seen the girl clean so well, they had lived together for almost two years and it was incredible to think that she had been hiding this cleaning skill after all this time. “I should tell you they’re coming over more often, the apartment would be perfect all year round.” Sunny chuckled.

“Yah! I just want them to be impressed that we’re taking care of this amazing apartment. Let them know we’re not taking it for granted.” Yuri explained.

“If you really wanted it to be this good though I could’ve just waved my hand and all the dust would be placed securely in garbage bags.” Sunny argued.

“That’s cheating, besides if I really wanted to use supernatural gifts, I would have asked Taeyeon, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yoona and Seohyun to do it. I’m not a cheater, I’ve always fought with honor.” Yuri raised her fists proudly. But only a second later she withered down into a ball of sorrow. “What if they still don’t like me after all this??” Yuri frowned.

“Yah! It’s just my parents, honestly, I don’t even care what they think. They’ve let me live most of my life on my own, who are they to start telling me how to live my life now.” Sunny stated. Sunny lifted up Yuri’s frowning expression and gave her a soft peck on the cheek for encouragement. “No matter what they say, Yul, I’ll always be happy with you. You’re the one I love and no one, not even my parents will be able to change that.” Sunny smiled.

 

Only s few seconds after she had stated this, doorbells could be heard from the front door. “Oh speaking of, I’ll get the door Yul, you just go and get the food ready for the table.” Sunny suggested. Without a single complaint, Yuri went straight to the kitchen and made the final touches to the food. She could hear Sunny greet her parents from the other room, but something seemed rather quiet about it. As if there was only one other voice besides Sunny’s coming from the living room area. Yuri was about to exit the kitchen when she sensed that something wasn’t right as she got to the door. She felt as though she was being watched as if someone had been monitoring her the moment she had reentered the kitchen. She slowly turned the knob of the door, careful not to drop a single morsel from the plate. As soon as she was halfway out of the doorway, she heard a soft shuffling noise occur within the pantry. She quickly set down the plates of food to a nearby bench top and charged back into the kitchen. Without any further thought, she ran straight to the pantry, opened the door and socked whatever was hiding in there right in the face. Little did she know that man who had been spying on her was Sunny’s father. “Who are you and what the hell are you doing in my pantry?” Yuri questioned angrily.
“Yah! You broke my nose!! You stupid little…” Before Mr. Lee could finish his sentence, Mrs. Lee and Sunny had barged into the kitchen after the initial commotion.

“Dad!???” Sunny questioned.

 

They all sat awkwardly around the dinner table while Mr. Lee was still stood by the fireplace holding a heap of tissues against his bloodied nose. Yuri didn’t mean to hurt him, she thought he was an intruder and if they all looked on the bright side, he’s like she only used her fist and not her legs. But of course, he could only see it as Yuri punched him extremely hard in the face and he was clearly outraged by the lack of regret. Sunny could read that he was still angry and decided to speak up for Yuri in her place. “Dad, could you stop death staring Yuri? She thought you were an intruder for God’s sake. It’s not her fault you were in the pantry.” Sunny reasoned.

“Speaking of, why the hell were you in there in the first place??” Sunny questioned right after.

“You know me, darling, I like to… investigate people. Learn their ways, make sure no secrets are hidden.” Mr. Lee explained.

“Hmm, sounds like someone I know…” Yuri said while looking towards Sunny.

“Yep, that’s my baby girl, always knowing where the lies are. Wanted her to join us at the agency or at the very least get into law enforcement, but she believes her talents belong in a lab.” Mr. Lee scoffed.

“Agency? What is it you actually do, sir?” Yuri questioned slowly.

“Ahh, Sunny didn’t tell you? I’m with the CIA.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter