Chapter 43: Finally, a Full Family

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Though Yoona and Seohyun had failed to strike Taeyeon during their practice session, she still offered the two a proper meal after their hard work and when they finally woke up from their exhaustion. The Im sisters excitedly agreed to the dinner since free food was always appreciated by anyone. Tiffany was also training very hard within her own soul stone realm, but Taeyeon convinced her to take a break for today and accompany them to have some Korean barbecue. Tiffany couldn’t deny that she had been craving some quality beef for a long time since she had mostly been eating at the dinner which only served mediocre foods. She too was excited to have this dinner, not just for the food though, but also the thought of being fed and feeding Taeyeon personally. She couldn’t wait to handcraft her own lettuce wrap and feed it to her one and only. Taeyeon flew up to Sunri’s apartment and also informed the couple that they were going to have dinner at a Korean barbecue restaurant and Sunri simply couldn’t resist the thought of good meat and some strong soju. Out of all of them, Yuri was the strongest drinker and honestly could drink for hours on end without getting tipsy. Sunny was also quite a strong drinker, but between the two, Yuri was definitely more capable when it came to her drinks. The two would often have drinking competitions and Sunny would usually pass out while Yuri was still alive and kicking, but being the nice girlfriend that Yuri was, she would sometimes pretend that Sunny had actually won. Yuri would inform Sunny that she had actually passed out before her and as a result of Yuri “waking up” before her. Sunny obviously knew that Yuri was lying since Sunny was the human lie detector after all, but it was nice to know that Yuri was willing to put her pride aside for her girlfriend. The last member of the group Taeyeon had to ask was Hyoyeon and in all honesty, she hadn’t spoken to Hyoyeon properly since they arrived back to New York City. Hyoyeon had really been doing her own thing, site seeing, going on food ventures and experiencing the big city life. Because of that and the fact that Taeyeon has had a whole lot on her mind ever since she returned, she hasn’t had much time to converse with her teacher for a long while. She missed her eccentric vibes and her willingness to say anything without hesitation, it was always refreshing to hear what Hyoyeon had to say.

 

She found Hyoyeon sitting in her room with an orange rune circulating above her as she read a book by the window sill. “What’s this rune? Heating?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah gets pretty chilly here in New York. You should’ve told me Tae! I would’ve brought my best wolf hide along to keep my warm.” Hyoyeon pouted.

“You know you could get an actual jacket right?” Taeyeon laughed.

“Nah, not into all the fashion and material goods side of the city, much prefer making my own stuff. Plus, with this rune, I can heat myself to the perfect temperature, unlike a jacket that would just heat me up then force me to take it off and then wear it again and then take it off and then… you get the idea.” Hyoyeon explained.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right about that. Anyways, you hungry Hyoyeon? We’re going out to eat some Korean Barbecue.”

“Barbecue?? Like meat? Count me in!! I love meat!!” Hyoyeon said as she threw her book on to the bed and rushed out the door before Taeyeon who was already standing near the door way.

“That’s everyone,” Taeyeon smiled.

 

It was quite cold that night, so much so that everyone found themselves holding on to their significant other. Tiffany was snuggling up to Taeyeon’s arms, Yuri was pretty much carrying Sunny through the icy winds, The Im sisters were huddled together to keep their warmth up and Hyoyeon simply jumped between couples for warmth. One second she would be mimicking Tiffany as she goes to Taeyeon’s other arm and snuggles against it and the other second she could be in between the Im sisters. No one mind that she was desperate for warmth as well because in all honesty, the group agreed they would have done the exact same thing in her situation. The finally reach the Korean barbecue place and by now everyone was on the brink of starving. At least, the heat from the cookers and the heaters was taking effect and the group was gradually heating up, but unfortunately it wouldn’t last too long. “What do you mean we need a booking??” Sunny asked furiously.

“Sorry ma’am, but we’re fully reserved right now and we can’t possibly give off one of the tables.” The employee reasoned.

“Yah, how much do I need to tip you so you can give us a table?” Sunny flashed two, hundred dollar bills and the sight definitely caught the attention of the worker, but she simply couldn’t agree to the bribe no matter how much she wanted to. “I’m sorry ma’am, if I were to let you in, my manager would kill me.”

“Please can you let us through? It’s so cold and your food smells so delicious and we swear to eat a lot of food. You’d be getting a lot more for having us eat here than someone reserved, we guarantee it.” Yoona said as she clenched her belly from the sharp hunger pangs.

“I’d love to let you guys in, but with seven of you, it would require two tables and if I were to do that it would mean half the customers, so I can’t allow it.”

“Aish, you’re being so unreasonable! Is there anyone who’s reserved who hasn’t shown up? Isn’t there a limit to hold reservation?” Yuri questioned.

“Well, there is a big reservation that has yet to show up… but they still have ten minutes to meet the time limit of their reservation, if you all would like to wait that long, but no guarantee of a seat incase they show up, be my guest.” The employee pointed them to have a seat outside which at this point was looking very icy. Yoona, Seohyun, Sunny, Yuri and Hyoyeon were all quite annoyed that they would have to wait for ten more minutes to just fulfil their cravings for Korean barbecue. All they wanted to do was sizzle some meat, drink some alcohol, except Yoona and Seohyun of course and converse with one another. But, while everyone was angered by the lack of service from the restaurant, Taeyeon and Tiffany were simply enjoying being in the company of another and couldn’t be physically separated. Tiffany snuggled even closer to Taeyeon as she buried her face into Taeyeon’s wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter