Chapter 42: Yoona's Dream is Fulfilled

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon lead the new recruits over to a makeshift display of varying magical artifacts. The two were overwhelmed by the number of choices they had and really had no clear idea on which they would decide to choose. Seohyun took a good scan of the items and seemed to be quite fond of the amulets that were laid down on the floor, but not knowing what they would do, had her questioning every decision she was even considering. However, for Yoona, something was drawing her in, a particular item was catching her eyes, her ears and her mind. She could hear a faint noise originating from one of the artifacts, but she couldn’t quite pinpoint the exact location. Taeyeon could see that these girls were having a bit of a difficult time to decide, so she thought it might be best if she asked them a few questions to narrow down their search. “So girls, you find anything that catches your eyes?” Taeyeon asked.

“Hmm, the amulets are quite beautiful, but I’m mostly wondering what they actually do?” Seohyun asked.

“Ah, the amulets allow you to control various objects, mostly physical, but I’ve been told if you train diligently you can eventually learn how to control minds,” Taeyeon explained.

“WHAT?? That sounds really dangerous Taeyeon unnie, are you sure that you can trust me with such power??” Seohyun was shocked at how casually Taeyeon talked about the power of mind control.

“I see the goodness within you two, I had the same look in my eyes when I found out about magic and had the same passion for using it to help the city. I can trust you.” Taeyeon smiled.

“Okay, well in that case… I’ll go for one of these.” Seohyun picked up a ruby amulet and placed it around her neck.

“It looks very beautiful on you Seohyun, great choice.” Taeyeon laughed. At this moment, Seohyun could hear the voice of her own soul creature reaching out to her, calling for the connection to be made. “Seo! Seo-baby? How’s it goin’?” The soul stone said telepathically.

“Um, hello?” Seohyun was quite confused as to what kind of dialect this was as she was expecting something a lot more formal than this.

“Ah, don’t worry yourself Seo-baby~ I may sound like a weirdo kinda guy, but I’m the real deal. Together, you and I, with our powers combined, we can do some pretty cool things Seo-baby!” The soul stone replied.

“Okay! Let’s work hard!” Seohyun laughed at the strange voice.

“I’m guessing you spoke with your soul?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah, he’s quite an eccentric sounding man, but I think we’ll get along. It’s always good to expose myself to various types of characters.” Seohyun stated. Taeyeon turned over to Yoona who was still glancing at the artifacts as if she was frozen in place.

“Yoong, you can go have a look. Don’t be shy, just because you pick one up doesn’t mean it’ll be finalized. Just pick them all up if you have to.” Taeyeon encouraged.

 

Yoona took a big gulp and stepped forward to the vast varieties of artifacts and really started listening to locate the origins of that noise. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath like she was meditating on the spot and with her focused mind, she made contact with a soul, without even physically lifting the item in which the soul resides. “Yoona! We finally meet!!” The soul stone screamed in a particularly high pitched girly voice.

“Hi!! I could hear you for so long but I couldn’t locate you. Which artifact are you?” Yoona asked excitedly.

“If you seek protection around your wrist, no other item beats this. I’m strong, sturdy and ready to fight, please choose me and I’ll grant you my might. Come find me Yoona and do it fast, so we can save this city and kick some !” The soul stone giggled.

“Ah, you like riddles? Well, don’t worry, I know exactly which one you are.” Yoona smiled. Yoona finally decided which artifact was calling out to her and she confidently chose which artifact she would use as a brand new magician. Yoona picked up a pair of silver bracers and placed them on each wrist without any sort of problems as if they were a perfect fit for her thin wrists. Taeyeon looked over at the girl’s choices and was slightly worried that this would be a lot harder than expected. Hyoyeon had taught her general knowledge about the other artifacts, like how they worked and how to command their strengths, but in terms of utilizing the skill to the best of their abilities, they would have to seek that on their own. Taeyeon was still determined though, she knew once the sister’s had their initial training, they would privately train in their own times like she once did a year and a half ago. If only Shinju were here to witness how things had truly changed for Taeyeon, she could never have imagined that within eighteen months she would have mastered her own artifact, let alone teaching other’s about two completely different artifacts. She knew he would be proud of her, but their job wasn’t over yet. King was still at large, stealing countless lives in his wake to create a personal army. This couldn’t stand any longer, the Im sisters would need to prepare quickly for their upcoming war, but it was of utmost importance that they learn how to properly and effectively use their skills.

 

“Okay, everyone! Let’s have a brief overview of what you should be able to do.” Taeyeon explained what each type of magic would come from wielding an amulet and a bracer. She already briefly talked about Seohyun’s artifact, so she instead glanced over at Yoona and told her what the bracers would allow her to do. As an elementalist, she would be able to manipulate elements at will. She would be able to trane the atoms and molecules that surrounded her and transform them into other elements. From lead to gold, air to water and she could even change the states that the matter was in. Elementalists truly had the power to form something from absolutely nothing. “Omo… That’s amazing!!” Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter