Chapter 28: Running for Student President

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's the second update for today :) Please wait for the third haha, it will likely come a few hours after 

Suzy walked away from Yoona with fuming anger apparent in her expression and many of the other students of the school were there to notice the first person to ever stand up against Bae Suzy. Most people became pretty worried for Yoona, but others simply glad someone didn't back down from Suzy's reign of terror. Yoona face toward Seohyun to see if she was indeed alright. “Ugh ing hate her, she just doesn’t know when to stop messing with us,” Yoona said aggressively.

“Yah! Are you insane!? Why did you agree to something like that? We’re never going to be able to win against them Yoong!”

“Calm down Seohyun, we got this. We’re popular, just as popular as she is even if she doesn’t want to admit it. Plus, you actually pay attention to what’s going on in school. If anyone should be student president it’s you, Seo.” Yoona argued.

“If you’re this sure, I assume you have a plan right?”

“Of course I don’t Seo, you know me, do things instinctively.” Yoona laughed.

“Aish, well if we’re in this, we’ll need to take it seriously and tackle the serious problems of this school.” Seohyun reasoned.

 

Seohyun dragged Yoona off to the library so they could discuss their plan of attack. Seohyun wasn’t confident about winning the presidency, but she sure as hell wasn’t going back to the orphanage, not ever again. The biggest issue that was currently plaguing their school was the increase of drug use, particularly in the sporting groups. Many students had been caught taking a sparkly, emerald green pills before they entered a sporting event or match. It should’ve been obvious to most that these students were taking enhancement drugs, because of the fact that prior to taking the drugs, these kids had no sporting talent whatsoever. They were the type of kids that would fail P.E. not because of their inability to study the theory, but because of their lack of actual physical participation. The fact that no one noticed their sudden sporting success to be suspicious had Seohyun in disbelief. She knew from the very start that these students must’ve been taking something, but the big question was, what was it they were taking? If it were steroids they would still need to do physical activity to activate the effects and if it was merely an increase in adrenalin then it wouldn’t explain their incredibly enhanced strength that lasted the entire day. Seohyun wanted to research as many possibilities as possible to this drug, so she could decide a proper plan of action for prevention and rehabilitation away from the drugs. But of course, being the sister who really didn’t take notice of that happenings of the school, she had no idea what they were looking for and was quickly getting bored of Seohyun scanning the spines of countless books. “Yah! Are you going to at least tell me why we’re here? Or do I have to whine that I'm bored as before you explain?” Yoona angrily said.

“Trying to find out what exactly those guys are taking to enhance their strength and speed in an instant.” Seohyun mumbled.

“What? Are you talking about those kids who suddenly got good a sport?”

“Wow you actually noticed something at school Yoong, I’m proud of you.” Seohyun jokingly praised.

“I may not pay attention to most things, but when it comes to the sporting culture here at school, I’ll take notice of a few things.” Yoona replied.

“So do you have any idea what they could be taking then?” Seohyun questioned.

“Yeah I remember someone showing me it and when they weren’t around I stole it from their bag.” Yoona smiled.

“And what did you do with it…” Seohyun questioned slowly.

“I gulped it down, was really, really sweet. I guess all that glitter must’ve been some artificial sugars or something.” Yoona laughed.

“YAH!! You don’t even know the side effects and you just take it!!” Seohyun screamed.

“Hey, shush, we’re in a library remember?” Yoona mocked.

“Don’t worry sis I’m just messing with you. Of course I didn’t eat it, I just stole it cause I don’t believe in the use of drugs, recreationally or for illegal boosting.” Yoona nodded.

“Always trying to be a hero huh?” Seohyun asked.

“I wish, that would be cool as if I could really be one…” Yoona whined. Seohyun simply ignored her sister, not knowing that Yoona was completely serious about her previous statement. “Ugh, seems like there’s nothing here to explain what the drug could be. It might be completely new.” Seohyun wondered.

“Do you want me to go ask someone who might know? I know one of the dealers at school.”

“The more you talk Yoong, the more I feel like you’re doing drugs behind my back…”

“Just shut up and follow me.” This time it was Yoona’s turn to drag Seohyun to a different part of school.

 

After a few minutes of wandering the hallways, Yoona finally stopped at the storage room of the school where they kept a bunch of old furniture, books and equipment. Not for any particular reason, just because the school couldn't be bothered to throw all these things out. As a result, many people avoided the room because of how cluttered it was and any teacher seen in the room would be asked immediately to clean it. Yoona and Seohyun slowly opened the door and saw a lone figure in the room sitting by a desk. He sat at the desk looking only at the pile of baggies filled with the sparkly, green pills. “No one’s coming today? Well , I’m not gonna make enough money today.” Taecyeon sighed.

“What? Taec is the dealer?” Seohyun hadn’t expected him of all people to be the dealer. Although Taecyeon exerted a badass dude kinda vibe, he really was a sweetheart deep down. “Yeah he doesn’t do any of the drugs though, just sells it. He needs the extra money.” Yoona explained.

“And how do you know that?” Seohyun winked.

“Umm, that’s none of your business…” Yoona said silently. The two girls entered the room, Taecyeon wasn’t surprised to see Yoona pay him a visit, but once he saw Seohyun’s face pass through the doorway, he immediately panicked and attempted to cover all the drugs. “Oh a heya Im sisters, how’s it uhh… going?” Taecyeon said while attempting to be as casual as possible.

“Drop the act Taec, I already saw all the drugs. Lucky Yoona’s here with me otherwise I would have already reported you.” Seohyun said coolly.

“Yah! There’s no need for that, clearly you guys want something?” Taecyeon questioned.

“Yeah what do these drugs do?” Seohyun asked.

“Ahh, sorry to disappoint you Seohyun, but I’m not a science dude, I don’t make any of those details. I just sell them to people.”

“You must have a supplier though? Does that person know any information about the drugs?” Yoona questioned.

“You know I’m a fan of you Yoona, but I can’t just be giving out crucial information like that. It’s not like I do this cause I want to, I have to...” Taecyeon admitted with shame.

“How come you have to?” Seohyun asked.

“Forget about it, it’s just a sorry sob story.”

“Trust me, we know all about sorry sob stories Taec, our entire family is a ing sob story. Seohyun and I want to help the school to prove that we can be the Student President. So we might as well start with helping you out.” Yoona reasoned.

“Well, my father got caught in a scam by a bunch of stupid loan sharks. They keep threatening to beat him up if we don’t pay up as soon as possible. They already have beat him up in a few instances, I'm afraid of what they'll do next when he continues to prolong his debt. I have a job, but it doesn’t pay anywhere near enough and this does. I feel bad for selling them, but it’s not like I force them to buy, they choose to come here on their own free will.” Taecyeon explained.

 

Seohyun could tell that Taecyeon genuinely was in a desperate situation and as a result had to take a desperate solution. Although Seohyun and Yoona never had a father they would actively choose to support like Taecyeon, they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter