Chapter 15: Sunny Unleashes Her True Power

Next Gen Magicians
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before you start reading I would just like to say a big thank you to all the commenters out there :D you guys continue to motivate me to write this story. Also a big thank you to everyone else for helping me get 50 subs and 2 upvotes haha couldn't have done it without you guys. So as a sign of appreciation here's a double update for you guys :) enjoy!!

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

 

Sunny was waiting for Yuri down in the library. Yuri was slowly starting to fail at Chemistry class, so Sunny thought it would be best for them to start studying together so she could give the girl some tips. As she sat at the table waiting for her girlfriend she felt as if she was being watched from afar, she turned to see if there was anyone there but no one was to be seen. She returned her gaze back onto the textbook, but again she felt someone was watching her, so again she turned. This time she was met with a lanky figure towering over her, Sooyoung needed her help. “YAH! You scared me Soo. If I didn’t know it was you I might have thought someone was trying to spy on me to kidnap me. You should have just said hi instead of lurking in the shadows.”

“Sorry Sunny, I was just a little worried about approaching you because… of how terribly I’ve treated you in the past. I’m really sorry for that.” Sooyoung said sincerely.

“No worries, it’s in the past. Let’s just leave it there, shall we? Did you need anything Soo?” Sunny questioned.

“Actually… I heard you’re really good at deciphering if someone is telling the truth or not? Is it true?”

“Well, so far everyone who’s tried to lie to me I’ve been able to see through it, so I guess on that note I currently have a 100% success rate at lie detection. But why do you ask?” Sunny asked.

“Well, you see I have a crush on this girl…”

“Jessica.” Sunny cut her off. Sooyoung’s eyes went wide from Sunny’s guess, but a smile soon followed. “Whoa, you really are good. So yeah I like Jess, but here’s the thing… I don’t know if she likes me back. Like I see her during practice and every so often I feel as if she stares at me and whatnot, but I can’t tell if that’s my imagination or not. So if you could, would you please find out for me if she likes me?”

“I’d like to help you out Soo, but this seems like something you should figure out for yourself, she wouldn’t want me trying to go through her personal life if we don’t know each other personally.” Sunny reasoned.

“I have two tickets to the comic book festival coming up if you help me they’re both yours.” Sooyoung offered. The offer was extremely tempting for Sunny, she loved all superhero-related merchandise. She had just seen Spider-Man Homecoming and heard a rumor that Tom Holland would be attending the event that Sooyoung was offering to her. Sunny had never taken a bribe in her entire life, but in her eyes, it’s not really a bribe, but actually a reward for helping a friend who desperately wants to find love. Wouldn't it be wrong to deny a friend's cry for help? Sunny thought.

 

“Hmm, fine Soo, I’ll find out for you. When and where can I find the ice princess?” Sunny asked.

“She actually works at the mall across the street from here, at a store called Blanc & Eclare. She’s working right now in fact.” Sooyoung said hoping Sunny would try immediately.

“Oh, I’m actually meeting up with Yuri? How long is she going to be working?”

“From now until 5 pm, so you guys have three hours or so. No rush, thank you so much by the way Sunny. I’ll hand over those tickets the next time I see you!!” Sooyoung said as she exited the library. As the girl left, the other entered and greeted Sunny with a firm hug. “Hey Soonkyu, what was Sooyoung doing here?” Yuri asked curiously.

“She gave me a task to do. I need to ask Jessica if she likes Sooyoung.” Yuri started to laugh at what Sunny had just said to her.

“Yah! What’s so funny about that? Do you think Soo has not chance? If you got a chance to date the ice princess anyone can.” Sunny mocked.

“Nah I’m not laughing at that babe, Jessica has one of the blankest expressions in the world.”

“So?” Sunny asked still yet to understand Yuri’s laughter.

“Look, babe, I know you’re great at reading facial quirks and all that, but the thing with Jessica is, she has none. The only versions of Sica you’ll see are pissed or sad Sica, everything else is blank. Trust me even with your amazing gifts Soonkyu, she won’t be readable.” Sunny understood where Yuri’s concerns were coming from, but even when she watched professional poker games she could see through all the bluffs, there would be no way Jessica could beat her lie detection.

“Yah! How much you want to bet on it then Yul?” Yuri placed her hand onto her chin and began to think deeply about what she would want from the wager.

“To spend a night at your house.” Yuri nodded.

“Aye, how about something a little less erted.” Sunny suggested.

“Get your mind out of the gutter Soonkyu, I just want to sleep over your house for a night. No funny business.” Yuri put her hands up in surrender. Sunny could tell she wasn’t hiding ulterior motives so she decided that was a fair bet.

“Fine, if I win you have to come with me to the comic festival…”

“I would’ve already gone with you, but okay.” Yuri cut her off.

‘I wasn’t done yet. You come to the comic festival and you have to cosplay with me.” Sunny smiled.

“Who’s the now Soonkyu, you just want to see me in tight clothes.” Yuri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter