Part Four

Play House, Play Pretend

 

Part Four

 

 

Beep. Bebeep. Beep.

 

The faint sounds of his alarm were getting louder by each second and the loud buzz came from the phone annoyed Seongwoo to no end. Seongwoo begrudgingly reached for his phone, blindly searching for the device with his hand. Once he finally located the said device, he lazily dismissed the alarm. He let out a relief sigh as no more annoying buzzes resonated through the room, grunting when the arms around his waist tightened, feeling tingly on the back of his neck as Daniel's warm breath tickled his skin.

 

"Daniel, it's time to wake up..." Seongwoo sleepily muttered. He whined when Daniel flipped his body, his face was buried in the latter’s broad chest. Seongwoo couldn’t even move with how Daniel trapped him in his embrace, hugging him tightly.

 

"Five more minutes." Came Daniel’s hoarse voice. Seongwoo somehow enjoyed being in Daniel’s embrace like this. It’s warm and he couldn’t stop the fluttering feelings in his heart. He lifted his face to assess the younger’s features. He smiled to himself when he saw how bloated Daniel’s morning face was. Well, he was sure he himself wouldn’t spare any better.

 

"I wanted to start my morning run though." Seongwoo said as he absentmindedly played with the fabrics of Daniel’s shirt on the latter’s chest. He could feel the vibrations from Daniel’s hums from their close proximity.

 

"Forget about that and cuddle with me. I'm still sleepy." Daniel tightened his hug on the older even more, as if he was determined not to let anything take away his personal bolster, well, in this case his personal bolster goes by the name Ong Seongwoo and apparently a breathing human being.

 

"But--" Seongwoo wanted to retort but Daniel shut him up before he could even finished his first word.

 

"Shh... Now let’s just sleep some more." Daniel ended the conversation. It took only a few seconds for the younger to sail back into dream land. Seongwoo smiled at the younger’s cute antic. He thought he could use some pampering time and snuggled closer into Daniel’s chest before he too, drifted into sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

"I missed my morning run because of you." Seongwoo said as he poured the hot coffee into two mugs. He then brought the filled mugs, putting one on the table right in front of Daniel who was busy munching on the bacon Seongwoo had prepared earlier. He then sat opposite to the younger, ready to start his breakfast.

 

"Aren't you supposed to feel grateful that you get to spend some extra time with me, in bed?" Daniel cheekily replied. He thought he was cheeky enough, that, until Seongwoo outsmarted him, causing him to almost choke on the bacon he's eating.

 

"And missed my chance to have my usual little chat with that hot gym trainer? Nope, I don't feel grateful at all." Seongwoo countered indifferently, lazily chewing on the cooked sausage. He appraised the younger’s reaction from the corner of his eyes; his lips were twitching from containing his smirk as he took in the latter’s reaction. Lately the younger has been rather affectionate towards him. Seongwoo didn't even know how and why the sudden change in attitude but he kinda like it. He didn't want to be hopeful but it's not wrong to see how the younger would react if he mentioned other man's name.

 

"What gym trainer? Who? How did you know him?" Daniel sputtered out question after question to the older. His expression evidently showed how distraught he was.  

 

"He's living two floors up. We always use the elevator every morning and since there's no one else so we used that little time to chat.” Seongwoo casually explained before pausing as he took a small sip on his bitter black coffee, “It's a pity that we couldn't stop by a cafe and talk some more over a breakfast since his workplace is quite far from here." He continued.

 

"That's a relief." Daniel uttered under his breath. It’s fortunate for him since Seongwoo didn’t quite catch the things he said.

 

"Come again?"

 

"Nothing. Next time bring me along whenever you go for your morning run." Daniel demanded. Seongwoo raised his eyebrows. His expression clearly showed how skeptical he is.  

 

"You do realize that you're not, at all, a morning person, right?" Seongwoo chuckled, cutting his bacon into smaller size while at that.

 

"I'll come with you no matter what."

 

Seongwoo stopped cutting his bacon once the younger’s words registered through his ears. It wasn’t the words uttered that caused him to stop, but the hint of seriousness in the younger’s voice was what made him put down his utensils and giving his full attention to the male. Seongwoo’s eyes met Daniel’s; he instantly knew that the latter was being serious.

 

"Why the sudden change of mindset?"

 

"I wanna stay fit," Daniel answered, pausing for a bit before bitterly uttered "and I wanna have a ridiculous gym-enthusiast body…"

 

"Suit yourself." Seongwoo shrugged. Well, Daniel is an unpredictable guy so it shouldn’t be a surprise to him. At least the guy will lead a healthier life.

 

 

 

 

 

Seongwoo had been facing few types of surprises in his life. He didn’t know whether to classify this day as a lucky day or otherwise because he was smacked in the face with a surprise visit by the two important people in his life. He didn’t expect that Minhyun would visit him once again that noon. Seongwoo invited Minhyun into his office, gesturing towards the couch for the male to take a seat on. They were filling the time by chattering about whatever as they waited for lunch time, that, until a certain male barging in the office with a huge smile on his cat-like face.

 

“Hey, baaabe~ Your knight in shining armor is he—oh, you’ve got someone with you…” Daniel trailed off and the wide smile on his face gradually dropped. Daniel subtly assessed the unknown man who was sitting next to Seongwoo. He eyed the male’s figure. The man is a tall and handsome fellow, with such good body proportions; he could easily pass as a model to Daniel’s notion.

 

"Daniel? What are you doing here?" Seongwoo asked in befuddlement as he rose from his seat, walking towards the younger’s male as he stared at the boy in wonder. He was even perplexed to see the noisy Daniel to become this timid. The latter’s eyes were wandering everywhere except on the two people in front of him and the man was fidgeting in his spot, as if uncomfortable to be there.

 

"I was thinking of asking you to lunch but I guess you already have someone with you..." Daniel uttered, trailing off the last few words.

 

"No, no. It's okay. Come and join us, we're calling for deliveries anyway." Seongwoo assured, his hand reached forwards to hold Daniel’s. He then turned to face Minhyun, "You okay with this, right Minhyun?"

 

"Sure.” Minhyun shrugged as he too, rose from his seat and walked towards the two. “Hi, Hwang Minhyun. Seongwoo’s old friend." Minhyun introduced himself to Daniel, offering a handshake as a mean of greetings.

 

"Kang Daniel, his fiancé. Pleasure to meet you." Daniel reciprocated the greetings, a polite smile plastered on his face. Minhyun almost winced as he felt the tight grip of Daniel’s hand on his. He guessed the polite smile was just a veil to cover the latter’s true emotion.

 

"Go both ways, I guess." Minhyun carved a forced smile on his face. He too, tightened his grip on the male’s hand. A sense of triumph washed over him when he noticed the subtle contortion on Daniel’s face. Both of the males were staring sharply into each other’s eyes for the longest time as if having an unspoken duel between the two, that, until Seongwoo’s voice broke it.

 

"Let’s sit now. I'll call for deliveries. Niel, what do you want?" Seongwoo asked Daniel as he ushered the male to the seat. The latter replied with a brief ‘The usual’. Seongwoo nodded and then turned towards Minhyun.

 

"Minhyun, you too? With extra chilies right?"

 

"Yup, you know me well." Minhyun grinned.

 

Daniel could feel something unpleasant stirred in him seeing how close the two of them are. He shouldn’t feel that way considering this Minhyun guy plays a big part in Seongwoo’s life but he couldn’t help feeling bitter about the fact. Hwang Minhyun, the guy existed and stayed by Seongwoo’s side when he, Kang Daniel, couldn’t.  

 

Daniel unknowingly let out a heavy sigh.

 

He should’ve known.

 

 

 

 

 

Their lunchtime was spent in a rather thick awkward ambience, to say the least. It was only Seongwoo and Minhyun who were actively engaging in the conversation while a certain Kang Daniel just sat gloomily beside Seongwoo, munching on the kimbap he ordered before. 

 

"Jonghyun said the party will be in three days from now. He said he had called up Dongho and the rest." Minhyun informed. He sipped on his pack of orange juice.

 

"Oh, cool. It's been awhile since I saw them." Seongwoo shrugged. Daniel popped the last piece into his mouth before gulping down half of the drinking water in his hand. Seongwoo eyed the younger weirdly, wondering why Daniel seems in a hurry.

 

"I'm gonna go back first, got a meeting with the boards after this." Daniel said as he stood up and buttoned up his suit. Seongwoo stood up too. He was quite disappointed seeing how their lunchtime together was so short but didn’t show on his face. Instead, he nodded his head in understanding.

 

"Okay, will you be able to pick me up later? If not I'll just call Mr. Hang to bring me home." Seongwoo eyes met Daniel’s. His heart fluttered when he saw the cheeky grin on Daniel’s face.

 

"Nah, I'm sure the meeting will end fast. Dad said he's too old for long hour meeting." Daniel chuckled. Seongwoo couldn’t help but let out a small laugh. Uncle Kang is such a funny old man, he would give that. Both of them stood in front of each other; suddenly engulfed in an awkward silence. Daniel cleared his throat before he spoke once again.

 

"I need to go now.” Daniel said. He swiftly tilted Seongwoo’s chin before stealing a kiss on the latter’s pink pair of lips, totally catching the older’s offguard. “I’ll pick you up later.” Daniel grinned cheekily before fleeing from the room, not forgetting to say his bye to Minhyun. In no time the door was close shut, leaving a dumbfounded Seongwoo and a creepy Minhyun who was grinning creepily at the back.

 

"...o-okay." Seongwoo belatedly uttered under his breath, staring blankly at the closed door as his fingers touched the warm spot on his lips. He could feel Daniel’s lips on his.

 

"Umm... that's kinda... sweet?" Minhyun teasingly commented, laughing his heart out when Seongwoo threw a deadly glare at him.

 

"Shut up Hwang Minhyun."

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: I’m sorry for the late update ;_;  I figured it’s better to post this though there’s not much content and I’M SO SORRY FOR THAT!

 

Anyway, I hope you guys still enjoy this. Btw, what’s your other OTP in other boy groups?

Mine’s daejae <3

cr: iwillkeepitlow

 

cr: zellestial

 

cr:13lives1death

 

cr: iwillkeepitlow