Part Three

Play House, Play Pretend

Part Three

 

It was a quarter past nine when Seongwoo finally reached his apartment. Letting out an exhaustive sigh, he punched in the code before twisting the knob open as the door unlocked. He pushed the door with his until it was clicked shut and his hand reached for the switch to turn on the light.

 

Little did Seongwoo expect that he'll screech like a banshee when a deep voice resonated through the living room in his supposedly empty house.

 

"You're late. Where have you been to?"

 

Seongwoo’s back was plastered to the door, feeling himself engulfed in fear. The briefcase and his coat were left forgotten on the floor, as the result of him throwing them in shock earlier. He sagged in relief when he finally registered the identity of the invader in his apartment.

 

"Kang Daniel, don't you ever dare do that again or I'll castrate you and feed your bloody junk to a shark!" Seongwoo bellowed as he clutched on his chest. He could feel his heart thumping erratically against his ribs. He swore that Kang Daniel will be the death of him someday.

 

"But then your will feel lonely without this." Daniel cheekily replied as he gestured towards a certain appendage on the lower part of his body. Oh how Seongwoo wish to revamp that stupid panini-head's face. Seongwoo let out a sigh as he collected his coat and the briefcase he threw earlier.

 

"You're not the only homo sapiens with a y'know?" Seongwoo retorted as he padded towards his bedroom, ignoring the other male who was still gesturing southward.

 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Daniel demanded. He scrunched his face in distaste at the thought, following the older like a puppy.

 

“It means my won’t ever feel lonely since there’s a lot of others to choose from.” Seongwoo shrugged but he was left startled when Daniel suddenly grabbed his arm, whirling him around so that they were facing each other. Seongwoo could feel his heart beat faster as Daniel's grip on his arm tightened.

 

“So you’re saying it's okay for you to throw your body to other men just like that? Is that it, Ong Seongwoo?" Daniel gritted out. Despite being bewildered by the younger's act, Seongwoo couldn't help but feel offended by Daniel's accusation. He's definitely not a to throw his body into anyone's arms like that. Seongwoo's eyes met Daniel's hard gaze. He didn't even flinched though he knew Daniel was going to blow any second.

 

"That doesn't stop you before, does it?" Seongwoo whispered. His voice was slow, smooth and calm but there are sharp edges in it. He noticed how Daniel's hard gaze gradually softened and it was eventually replaced with guilt. Seongwoo let out a sigh when he felt the younger's grip on his arm started to loosen up. He decided to drop the topic since it'll do them no good.

 

"Forget about that. Why are you here again?" Seongwoo asked as he hung his coat and dropped his briefcase on the single sofa in the corner of the room. Daniel cleared his throat before replying.

 

"I thought I told you I gave my maids a week off."

 

"I still couldn't see the relation." Seongwoo raised an eyebrow. He's positive that this guy is up to something.

 

"So there's no one to feed me at home." Daniel said, as if it would explain everything.

 

"Your point is?"

 

"I'm going to stay here for a week so that my well-being will be taken care of." Daniel cheerily said. Seongwoo narrowed his eyes on the younger.

 

"By whom?" Seongwoo swore he wouldn't be relieved by the answer.

 

"You, of course!"

 

Seongwoo closed his eyes in exasperation. He could sense the throbbing pain beginning to intensify against his skull.

 

"I don't remember signing up for this ." Seongwoo muttered as he rubbed on his temple. What did he do in his past life to deserve this?

 

"It's inevitable. Besides, don't you wanna spend some time with this future husband of yours?" Daniel wiggled his eyebrows, a mischievous smile carved on his lips. Seongwoo rolled his eyes, grabbing his towel from the rail and made his way towards the bathroom.

 

"You know what, fine, do whatever you want. I'm tired and a need a shower-- wait, why are you following me?" Seongwoo asked in befuddlement when he realized that the younger male has been trailing behind him to the bathroom. He knew he would regret asking that when he saw the cat-like grin on the younger’s face.

 

"So that I can join you?"

 

Seongwoo didn’t waste any time as he slammed door shut on Daniel's face. He could hear the evil cackle from the other side of the door, face-palming and regretting his choice to fall in love in such idiot when he heard Daniel hollered 'I'll be waiting for you out here babe~’.

 

Little did Seongwoo know, his lips slowly stretched into a small smile.

 

 

 

 

 

"You haven't answered my question yet." Daniel said from the bed as his eyes following Seongwoo’s figure, the latter was walking towards the rail to put the towel as he finished drying his hair. Confusion was evident on Seongwoo’s face as he walked towards the bed before plopping himself on empty space beside Daniel.

 

"What question?" Seongwoo asked, looking up to the younger as he pulled the blanket up to his chin. Daniel shifted closer to Seongwoo, leaning his back against the headboard. His hand naturally reached towards Seongwoo’s hair, his fingers carding gently through the soft black locks. Seongwoo unwittingly leaned into Daniel’s touch, humming in pleasant.

 

"Why are you late? I've been calling for a few times but you haven't picked up once." Daniel asked, being genuinely curious as to where the older had gone to since it was rare to see Seongwoo came back from work that late.

 

"Really?" Seongwoo eyes were widened in surprise. He reached for his phone on the side table to see that it’s completely out. "Sorry, my phone's dead. Why did you call?" Seongwoo asked, putting away his phone to where it originally is before shifted closer to Daniel, an indirect signal for Daniel to continue carding through his hair like before. Daniel chuckled as he complied.

 

"I thought of asking you to join me for dinner." Daniel said. Once again Seongwoo looked up to the younger, only this time guilt was apparent on the older’s face.

 

"I'm sorry. I've had dinner with Minhyun. Have you eaten yet?" Seongwoo asked in concern but it seems that the younger failed to register anything that Seongwoo had said except for that particular name.

 

"Minhyun?" Daniel cocked an eyebrow; his fingers stopped carding through the soft locks.

 

"Yeah, the guy from my university I told you earlier this morning. He just came back from U.S. so we spent our lunch and dinner time together to do some catch up." Seongwoo explained. He was a bit confused when the younger didn’t reply anything for quite some time. He looked up to see the younger was in deep thinking.

 

“Daniel?” Seongwoo called, effectively bringing the younger out of his trance. Daniel’s lips curved into a small smile as his hand reached back on Seongwoo’s hair, gently massaging the scalp.

 

"You sound pretty close to him." Daniel said. Seongwoo hummed in agreement.

 

"Of course. He's my best bud and we know each other well enough." Seongwoo replied. Daniel stared into a distance when he heard the older’s reply.

 

"I see..." He muttered. He looked down to see Seongwoo was leaning closer to him, the latter’s eyes were drooping in sleepiness. He smiled at the sight.

 

"Does it feel good?" Daniel asked. Seongwoo nodded his head as he closed his eyes, feeling the strong fingers massaging his scalp.

 

"Mhmm. Very." Seongwoo whispered. He could feel the sleepiness was slowly taking over him.

 

"Sleep. It's been a long day." Daniel said, smiling when he saw the older slowly succumbed into dream land. It only took a few seconds for Seongwoo to fall asleep, the soft snores was an obvious indication for it.

 

Daniel was staring at the Seongwoo’s sleeping face, his lips were unconsciously pulled into a smile when he saw how serene the latter’s look in his sleep. But his smile was soon diminished when the thought of a certain faceless male invaded his head. Daniel let out a deep sigh, throwing his arm on his eyes as if it would erase the thought on the said man.

 

“Just who the hell is this Hwang Minhyun?” Daniel whispered to no one.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Sorry if it’s a bit short. Btw, I’m listening to this while writing the chap and thus explained the fluffiness <3