Royal Academy

Royally In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Three: Royal Academy

"Please wait right here, Sir. I'll be right back." The lady had told Jinyoung as she knocked three times at the great oak door in front of her. She didn't wait for a response and she made her way in and closed the door behind her. They were already inside the Busan Palace in one of its luxurious hallways. Although it looked historical outside, it was a completely different story inside. Designed like a modern vintage mansion, polished marble floor, so shiny you could almost see your reflection in it, different chandeliers hung everywhere on its sky-like ceilings that were lit with lukewarm lights lining the engraved walls that were painted with serene sceneries and landscapes. It looked so peaceful and heaven-like. Jinyoung couldn't stop staring at his surroundings, eyeing the wonderful architecture and fancy furniture around him. I bet that statue's more expensive than our house. He had thought as he heard a voice.

"Come in, please." The faint familiar voice of the lady had said,

He was reluctant to open the door in front of him, feeling like he shouldn't go inside. His hands were trembling as he twisted the golden doorknob of the oak door. He didn't know what was waiting for him inside the room. The door opened slowly and he took a peek. It was a very large room but as peaceful and elegant as the hallways outside, this room was more grand though and it looked like a presidential suite of a five star hotel, cushioned sofas facing a large flat screen TV and a huge window showing the magnificent view outside the palace. The only thing that looked out of place were the weird equipment beside the burgundy king-sized-bed where a man was lying down. It looked like an IV drip and hospital paraphernalia that were beside the bed. 

The man that was resting on the bed began to sit upward as he saw Jinyoung enter. He had a wrinkled face and aging hair implying his old age but looked comforting and welcoming because of his round eyes, snubby nose, round cheeks, and soft smile. He looked like a loving grandfather to Jinyoung, he also looked like he had the same features as him when he was younger.

"G-good evening, Sir." Jinyoung had said and bowed as much as his spine would allow him as he approached the old man, whom he has assumed as the Grand Duke. He was wearing his golden pajamas since it was quite late already but he must've been waiting for Jinyoung to arrive.

"Ah, our Prince Jinyoung has finally returned!" Exclaimed the Grand Duke's warm honey voice.

He slowly crept up from his resting place and had hugged the nearby Jinyoung. Meanwhile, Jinyoung stood frozen in his spot, shocked at the Grand Duke's action but he soon realized that he was his grandfather. So this is what a grandfather's embrace feels like. He returned the hug of his grandfather. Jinyoung realized that his grandpa was probably waiting for this moment all his life. He could only imagine how much sadness he had felt when he had lost his family.

"I'm so sorry we couldn't find you sooner. We have looked everywhere for you. I prayed every night wishing you were alive and well and it seems that the heavens have answered my prayer." said his grandfather with utmost sincerity. His eyes were teary.

"It's alright, Sir. I was raised well by the one who took care of me. She has taught me a lot of principles and loved me dearly like a true son." Jinyoung had smiled his usual eye smile at him.

"Yes, I should thank her very much for raising you to be fine young man that you look like now. I have invited her over and she should be here in a few days, and I would like it also if you didn't have to call me 'Sir'. I'd prefer if you call me your 'grandpa' or 'grandfather', my grandson." He laughed and smiled at Jinyoung.

"Yes grandpa." He answered him and laughed.

His grandfather was so excited about Jinyoung coming back. He had told him all about Busan and his parents. Jinyoung was always curious about his family and finally the questions that seemed impossible for him to find the answers to were found. Of course, his grandfather also had questions for him. Like how was his life, childhood, hobbies, favorite stuff, and more. He was just as curious as Jinyoung is about his missing history.

It was late into the night but two relatives laughed and talked nonstop. They had gotten so close in just a matter of hours. Since his grandpa wasn't as youthful as he was, the Grand Duke needed to rest. It also disappointed him to find out that his grandfather isn't feeling so well. He was sick. That explains all those medical equipment beside his bed. Jinyoung frowned when he  had found out. His grandfather quickly brushed it off though, telling him that he is getting better especially now that Jinyoung's back. He couldn't help but feel sad because it didn't quite look like his grandpa was feeling any better.

Jinyoung kissed his grandfather good night as the same lady had led him through the palace, that looked like a splendid labyrinth because of the nonending fancy hallways, and into his room. 

"This will be your room for the mean time, Prince Jinyoung. We're still preparing the room near the Grand Duke's for your uttermost comfort. Do you have any preferences while we're renovating it?" She asked him.

They really are overdoing themselves. His eyes widened from the question. Jinyoung thought for a bit since it is going to be his room. "Well, I like the color white and I'm okay with anything as long as I can sleep comfortably in it." He giggled while covering his mouth.

She nodded at his answer. "We'll make sure to take note of it. Good night and I hope you sleep comfortably." 

"Thank you Mrs...?" Jinyoung had said apprehensively.

"Mrs. Hwang. I'll be off then, you should better get inside and rest after this long day." Jinyoung nodded at her. She smiled at him and took off after slightly bending her back.

It was indeed a long day and he would love to lay down and rest. Jinyoung's gonna admit that he was pretty excited to see the room, after he had seen all the splendid halls they had passed by while getting here. I could use some pampering after such a tiring evening. He went inside the room and it did not disappoint him. It really did look extravagant with a queen-sized-bed. His grandfather's room was bigger but he isn't complaining. It was too late and tiring to take a bath so he wiped his face and limbs in an attempt to freshen up before going to bed. He decided he'll take time to take a revitalizing bath tomorrow morning instead. Jinyoung laid down on his super cozy warm bed and not long after his eyes shut closed and he had fallen asleep.

The morning after...

Jinyoung had woken up from his comfy bed. He was surprised that all of this wasn't a dream. He's in the same room with the same clothes he had slept in last night. It wasn't a dream all along. A part of him wished it was and another didn't. He's just glad that there's someone left in his original family and it's his super loving and kind grandfather. He still couldn't take all of this in though, it's just too surreal. You'll get used to it Jinyoung, don't worry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter