The Day that Changed His Life

Royally In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter One: The Day that Changed His Life

*Breaking News!*

*After almost 22 years, the famous long lost grandson of Grand Duke Park Dong Soo and missing Prince of Busan has been rumoured to have finally been found. It was back in 1995 when the famous car accident of Prince Myungsoo and his wife Princess Hyebin left the district of Busan and the whole Korean Empire grieving after their sudden death. However, it broke more hearts when their only child was reported to be missing. Years later, the whole nation is excited to find out if the news is true that the lost Prince has been mysteriously found after being presumed as dead.*

*This is Lee Hyuntae reporting for SBS morning news!*

Jinyoung switched off the TV after finishing his cereal. It didn't quite satisfy him though, eating cereal for breakfast when he was used to eating noodles, rice, and kimchi for his morning meal but since his aunt was not at home because she had to go somewhere and didn't quite explain it to Jinyoung, he was left no choice but to fend for himself. Jinyoung of course knew how to cook and prepare meals but he was running unusually late today and didn't quite have the time to cook for breakfast. It was his aunt who usually prepares it for him anyway.

He grabbed his bag abruptly and rushed to the door and locked it, twisting the doorknob to make sure it's locked properly. He then crossed the street to head to the bus stop, Jinyoung was about to sit at the waiting shed when he realized the bus was already leaving! Eyes wide open, Jinyoung ran for the bus as fast as he could.

"Ahjussi! Open the door! I'm getting on the bus!" Jinyoung yelled.

Luckily, the bus driver noticed someone shouting and running in his side mirror and stopped the bus. Jinyoung thanked the heavens because he didn't know how much far he could run.

"Thank you." Jinyoung managed to say while panting. He picked a seat near the window, since he's comfortable in that spot, and brought out his earphones and listened to his morning playlist. Jinyoung is a Music and Performing Arts major at a well known university in Gwangju. He had always liked music since he was a toddler, at least that was what his aunt told him, and he would dance often times too. Gwangju was a peaceful and small district but it boasts of beautiful and captivating green landscapes and sceneries plus it's education is one of the finest in Korea! He was brought here by his aunt from Busan and Jinyoung loved his aunt very much despite not being biologically related. His aunt had told him early on that his parents had died and she had found him by chance. Jinyoung was grateful of course. He wouldn't be the person he is now without his aunt who is practically his mother already. 

"Hey have you heard about the Prince of Busan?" a high school student had said to a girl beside her who looked like her classmate.

"Yeah I saw the news this morning. It's pretty shocking!" she answered her classmate.

Jinyoung had overheard their conversation. It was really surprising indeed. He had seen the news earlier this morning too. A missing prince finally being found. Quite dramatic really but hey at least they found him. Jinyoung had thought. 

The bus stopped at his university and he went down the bus. He looked up at his campus and it never failed to energize him in the morning even after 4 years of studying here already. Who could blame him? The university stood tall and the buildings were built from marble and stone bricks making it look very vintage and spontaneous. It also had this really wide green field where students study under trees or beside the cool fountain and athletes would practice and jog around the field too. It was a really amazing sight, only rightful since this university is one of the best in Korea, especially their music and arts program where Jinyoung belongs. Not to mention he's got a scholarship here too for being so smart and hardworking.

Jinyoung was walking toward the eastern wing of the university, because that's where his first class is, when he heard someone familiar yelling his name.

"Yah! Jinyoung! Park Jinyoung!" the auburn-haired guy was yelling.

He looked behind his back and knew it was Kim Wonpil. He was wearing a similar coat like Jinyoung's. It were the ones they bought together two weeks ago. Jinyoung's coat is dark blue and Wonpil got a brown one. He wore black tight ripped jeans and white shoes topped with a hazel pullover to match with his coat. Jinyoung almost has the same outfit as him but he wore jeans and a blue sweater instead. 

"Hey Wonpil." Jinyoung waved at him while he grinned and his eyes smiled too and crinkled.

"I was waiting for you! But looks like you were about to ditch me." Wonpil looked annoyed. He hung his arm around the shoulder of the taller Jinyoung who was bigger by just a few centimeters.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter