The Lost Prince Has Been Found

Royally In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Two: The Lost Prince Has Been Found

"You've got to be kidding me!" Jinyoung yelled out while combing his dark raven hair with his left hand in confusion.

"Jinyoung!" his aunty howled at him in a hushed manner with furrowed eyebrows, but it didn't seem to grab his attention at all.

"I mean, me? A prince? This is absolute nonsense!" Jinyoung was standing up now. He couldn't understand what was happening at the moment. This must all be some kind of sick joke. Is it April fools' day today? No April was last month. Am I starring in a prank show right now? Jinyoung had thought and he was now pacing around the living room trying to clear his head.

"Prince Jinyoung, this isn't..." The lady began to speak.

"Please don't call me that." He cut her midway into her sentence and crossed his arms.

"Your highness, the Busan monarch..." She started again.

"Okay, don't call me that either." Jinyoung closed his eyes in discomfort.

"Well... umm... Mr. Park?" She looked at him anxiously, asking for his approval. Jinyoung nodded his head while looking outside the window. He looked totally spaced out.

"The Busan monarch doesn't make jokes about matters this serious, Mr. Park." She continued sounding very solemn and sincere. Jinyoung's back was facing the woman but he could imagine her stern face looking at him. His eyes wandered outside and he could see the mess happening all over their street. There were a lot of cars, a crowd, and bright lights flicking here and there.

"Believe it or not, but you are the lost Prince of Busan." The lady had told him with such grave manner. Jinyoung was facing her now.

"But it doesn't make any sense. How do you know that I'm this missing prince? You guys don't even know me!" He scoffed. 

Jinyoung looked at his aunt and there she was, her head bowed down, her hands clasped while she was sitting in their living room. Looking tensed and heart-broken. Her aging black-grayish hair had strands sticking out of place. Her inky eyes unlit matching the dark circles underneath them. She wasn't looking fine at all. Jinyoung thought that maybe she had known about this, but why didn't she tell him? Or is she in shock too like Jinyoung? But she looked more like sad and heart-stricken than surprised.

"It was I who had told them Jinyoung." His aunty started speaking silently but audible enough for him to hear.

Jinyoung was shocked. His head aching more than ever. "W-what? B-but..." He started but he failed to continue. He didn't know what to say. He was speechless.

"At first I didn't know either. I had only found you along the streets where the accident had happened nearby. You looked so pitiful that I couldn't have left you behind. I searched for your parents but noone recognized you. So I thought that y-your parents must've been one of those people who had died in that terrible car accident. It never occured to me that you were the deceased prince's son. There were a lot of people who died in that accident and a number of missing children too. So it could've been anyone but I guess you were the only child that hasn't been found yet." She sighed.

He felt a pang of pain in his chest. Jinyoung was lying on the window pane, his knees shaking and it couldn't support him alone anymore. What his aunt had said took him by surprise.

"I knew then something didn't feel right. Do you remember that necklace you used to wear when you were smaller?" His aunty asked him with a sad smile.

Jinyoung nodded slowly. Still looking surprised and blank from what he had heard moments ago. He knew his aunt had found him in an accident when he was a about a year old but he didn't know that it was the one where the prince and princess died in. It was one of the worst accidents in Korea. It happened during an event in Busan where the Royal family was also present but a bus accidently came bustling in and had caused vehicles crashing including the Royal family's car. The only trace Jinyoung's original family had left was a golden pendant he was wearing that had his name engraved on it. He used to wear it all the time when he was younger but it became too small for him.

His aunt nodded at Jinyoung with another unhappy smile. "When we went to the commemoration of the accident at Busan for the first time last year, I noticed they decided to put up a picture of the missing Prince when he was a newborn child. I could've sworn then that he looked just like you only much younger when I had found you. It was then I knew that y-you were that Prince." His aunt closed her eyes momentarily.

She opened and began to speak again. "I took the necklace you used to wear and had it checked on. They told me it had the crest of the Busan monarch on it and it only made me more definite that you really are someone beyond that of an orphan commoner. A week ago I had finally decided to let the Busan monarch know that the missing Prince is alive and well. Your necklace was the only evidence they needed to confirm my story and of course I grabbed a strand of your hair for a DNA test." His aunt faked a laugh but you could see the tears threatening to fall from those dark orbs of hers.

Moments later after his aunt's explanation, the officials from Busan decided to give the two some privacy and that they would wait for Jinyoung to prepare and leave for the Busan palace to guarantee his safety and of course that's where he truly belongs.

"I don't want to leave." Jinyoung frowned at his aunty.

"Jinyoung-ah, you have to. It's where you belong. You need to see your real family." His aunt had told him. She was tearing up now as she held his hand.

Jinyoung hugged her tight. "You are my real family. More real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter